New update should be out now. Tell your first experiences here.

Title is the description.

If you inevitably have a long que time as either killer or survivor, you could spin a tale here.

Comments

  • @leyzyman said:

    Title is the description.

    If you inevitably have a long que time as either killer or survivor, you could spin a tale here.

    I think they tweaked cow loop a little. It looks longer.

  • played against 4 nurses in a row on console and 3 did well whilst 1 dominated the match in 2 minutes.


    this sh*ts scary man

  • I had fun as Survivor, but I didn't really run into any of the changes. Just a chainsaw only Hillbilly on Pale Rose and a weird Huntress on Badham I. Queue times are still abysmal.

    As Killer I'm hating it. The increased Sensitivity is so useful around certain loops that lowering it is a detriment, but using my power with it makes everything drop frames like nobody's business. Same thing happens if you jerk the camera too hard. It just looks and feels really gross.

    That said, I got Badham III four freaking times, so I can't really testify to the map changes one way or the other.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1239126#Comment_1239126

    3 months ago - the devs went through with the Ruin changes and they nerfed Doctor, clearly they only care about survivors, look at the way they worded their developer update, they only care about survivor gameplay.

    Now - this comment

    Its hilarious watching these kinds of comments with my popcorn when three months ago it was the exact opposite.

    You.Cannot.Please.This.Community.

    Dr got a buff not a nerf. And Ruin is seriously the only thing that has been nerfed killer side in like a year. I am tired of all this "this game is survivor-sided cuz of ruin", survivors have taken like 2 dozen nerfs in the last year.....but ruin. Geez.

  • @Zephinism said:

    Just had a game where Survivors didn't even try. 2 just walked to me and 1 threw shack pallet down then AFKed.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/462/LNK849MADOF1.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/110/FFBEKFY6QYIG.png

    0% res in the photos? Asking out of curiosity cause of how bad AA is. Not that I play on any better lmfao,this game is so badly optimized it's hilarious.

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1239446#Comment_1239446

    0% res in the photos? Asking out of curiosity cause of how bad AA is. Not that I play on any better lmfao,this game is so badly optimized it's hilarious.

    Pretty much. If I put the settings any higher my computer sounds like it's about to take off from Heathrow.

  • I would share my experiences if I could play the game. Anti-aliasing both killed my FPS (even though I have an RTX and high-end Ryzen) AND it made the game impossible when I try to play Nurse (I can't see anything).

  • Had 60 fps and after update i have 25 fps , i can't even play the game and it burns my eyes

  • @Zephinism said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1239890#Comment_1239890

    Pretty much. If I put the settings any higher my computer sounds like it's about to take off from Heathrow.

    Same ngl. Even though my pc can handle really good games with 100+ fps most of the time,dbd has to be special.

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/841/ZQJJLJRGCYPI.png

    This is going to be the urban evasion, sprint burst blendette meta. It's worse than I ever thought.

    And people were saying i was just unlucky.

    @xEa said:

    I am on the PTB right now, and all i can say is: Is this a little late april fools joke?? It has to be, right?

    First game i play: Gas Heaven

    There is 1 (ONE) single pallet on the whole middle of the map! One!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/4H3MVCDIRVWD.jpg

    The rest of it is a deadzone with absolutly nothing but here and there some trash!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/101/KAWZ4X5O95AK.jpg

    1 Pallet in the garage

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/235/17S8ZEX379VI.jpg

    1 more pallet between killershack and deadzone

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/673/KZ4WVS1QIRA6.jpg

    4 Jungle Gyms with 1 pallet each

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/384/6O5O0ZJKTNHG.jpg

    And the Killer shack pallet.

    8 pallets on the whole map. Are we good? I mean, ARE WE GOOD? I honestly have to ask without sarkasm. Have you forgot to add the pallets in those silly big deadzones and the silly big middle of the map (2 gens by the way... 1 pallet... )

    This is even worse then i have expected, and i thought it will be aweful.

    2Nd Game: Gas Heaven again

    This time i count 7 pallets! And most of them are even weaker then before.

    3rd Game: Thompson House

    I am already really frustrated, so i stopped counting pallets but it looks like more or less the same ammount. All i can say at this point is that the map looks really really aweful, even worse then the old thompson house. It feels squeezed, not well designed at all.

    I might try out a few more games after a break, but if this goes on like Thompson and Gas Heaven.. ahhm well... good luck with your next game devs. At least you know how you killed it.

    If it is really that bad, i wont even try the new update tbh.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Lol so after Marths video showing a lot of the loops were death traps for survivors but one was bad for killer....the devs adjust the one that was bad for killer and ignore the ones that were worthless for survivor. Groaning storehouse in particular made zero sense since going through the window forced you to run towards the killer anyway.

    Well this just confirms what we all knew - it really is all about killers now. I mean nerfs are one thing but actively changing the maps to ensure it screws one side is something else entitely.

    HA’ I hope you don’t mean the infinite in red forrest.

  • I'm having kind of a good time as a solo survivor. I didn't feel that big of a difference on map changes, neither loops. (since i'm bad as f on them)

    I'm not having lag or anti-alising issues as many here, but there's something that is quite strange. I don't know if they changed up something about Matchmaking, bc i didn't read that part o patch notes, but, i'm a new player (1 month or less playing the game) and after the update, i have only been placing with 3+ ranked survivors and killers, and it's quite frustrating playing with survivors way better than you, aswell killers way better than you. :/

    image.png


  • @CosmicParagon said:

    The old Trapper intro is back, so I'm immediately enjoying this patch FAR more than other recent ones

    There should be an intro that showcase the killers trailer whenever you load up. Of course it will be random. At least the vulture gone too.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Lol so after Marths video showing a lot of the loops were death traps for survivors but one was bad for killer....the devs adjust the one that was bad for killer and ignore the ones that were worthless for survivor. Groaning storehouse in particular made zero sense since going through the window forced you to run towards the killer anyway.

    Well this just confirms what we all knew - it really is all about killers now. I mean nerfs are one thing but actively changing the maps to ensure it screws one side is something else entitely.

    Do you guys consider WHY survivors keep getting nerf? I know why, but I want you guys to figure it out.

  • @Dzeikor said:

    Survivors complaining they cant abuse maps incoming.

    Lol. Dear cute killer main, we are talking about huge dead zones with nothing to work with, not even z walls.

  • Love this update!

  • 16 GB!!??? i just hope its worth it because this seems a lil too much, only gtav do these type of huge patches but they're worth it, i dont know ill have to wait for it to finish but im a lil skeptical

  • @Ihatelife said:

    And also my FPS are falling like crazy

    Please god no, my framerate was already dogshit before the update.

  • I can’t bully the killer and be the power role anymore. I actually have to be afraid of the killer now.

    Reeeeeeeee

    Survivors in a nutshell....

    Until tomorrows archive challenges are released 🤣

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/990/PMPKKG3EQWC5.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/901/OIN9CEQ5LBCK.png

    Whole maps are deadzones now. They say they didn't reduce the number of pallets but I honestly don't believe that from what I have seen so far.

    Terrible rng. I have seen that map with no pallets in the middle before though, but if I had to guess they somehow screwed the rng up and made some unintended changes that have made the rng worse.

  • Terrible FPS due to forced AA and can't modify .ini so we're screwed

  • They definitely changed Sanctum of Wrath even though it's not listed on the patch notes. It seems much better to me.

    Pale Rose is just like someone else showed in this thread. There are zero pallets in the entire middle area. It's terrible and this map isn't even listed on the patch notes.

    Coldwind farm maps seemed good to me so far but I haven't played on all of them.

    Haven't tested the other maps yet.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1239126#Comment_1239126

    3 months ago - the devs went through with the Ruin changes and they nerfed Doctor, clearly they only care about survivors, look at the way they worded their developer update, they only care about survivor gameplay.

    Now - this comment

    Its hilarious watching these kinds of comments with my popcorn when three months ago it was the exact opposite.

    You.Cannot.Please.This.Community.

    Aren't there supposed to be a variety of opinions?

  • @Victor_hensley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1239126#Comment_1239126

    Do you guys consider WHY survivors keep getting nerf? I know why, but I want you guys to figure it out.

    If you actually played survivor for once and tried these maps out, or easier yet just go watch marths video you’ll see that its not just a nerf...some of the windows are now literally pointless for survivor.

    The old loops were far too strong for survivor nobody is denying that but now they’re too weak.

    Do you consider WHY survivors should have a chance to evade the killer? I know why but I want you to figure it out

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    I can’t bully the killer and be the power role anymore. I actually have to be afraid of the killer now.

    Reeeeeeeee

    Survivors in a nutshell....

    Until tomorrows archive challenges are released 🤣

    This is honestly a Killer nerf. It's going to increase queue times and the only survivors that will be playing are the crazy good survivors, so it's going to be much harder killing them.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1239982#Comment_1239982

    This is honestly a Killer nerf. It's going to increase queue times and the only survivors that will be playing are the crazy good survivors, so it's going to be much harder killing them.

    Even if killer queue times increase it won't be by so much that it ruins the experience.

  • I wonder when the developers will actually listen to our feedback about how f ucking ridiculously long it takes to find a match. Its clear that it is one of the biggest issues with this game. It literally takes 10-20 minutes to find a game. How many times will this community have to continue to ######### about the fact that matchmaking needs to change? I heavily promote this game to my friends ALL THE TIME. I f ucking enjoy playing this game, but its very discouraging/disappointing when I need to wait over 15 minutes to find a game with a full lobby of people or even just two. I can be 100% honest right now and say that I don't give a flying f uck about the cosmetics. I will not willingly buy ######### from this game until this issue is fixed. It is a waste of money to me entirely until they can actually listen to our feedback. Also, I am well aware the ranking system is entirely why it takes so f ucking long to find a lobby. Why do they even have the rank system coordinated with this. I just feel like Call of Duty understands the logic behind just ######### shoving a whole bunch of a ssholes into a lobby REGARDLESS of their rank/level. It takes literally 2-3 minutes to be placed into a game in COD. Who the ######### cares about a rank system that helps you veer away from try hards or people that suck in the game. Get over it, the whole point to playing any ######### game is to gradually get better at it, practice by CONTINUING TO PLAY. I swear to christ, I was born into a generation of goddamn snowflakes.

  • Billy is completely broken, Wraith has some issues with his cloak and uncloak, Myers and Nurse are still hella bugged, killer queues are long, and I played against 5 Spirits in a row when I queued for survivor...but hey at least the vaults feel really clean and smooth this patch :) It seems the vault and hitbox changes have really helped in that department.

  • SWF is still way OP. I still get gen rushed way too easily at red ranks. And all rank ranks are is SWF

  • Pretty good job so far. Wraith, the killer i main, got shadownerfed. Or bugged. No difference. Now it takes ages for him to uncloak. Well, if you don't want me to play your game that much, I guess I won't

  • FPS way down from above 100 to eventually 45 due to forced AA. More windows shut, more walls opened for killers. Even less chances to escape a killer with every patch. Played this game for the last 3 years. My playing time is less than 10 % of what it used to be.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1239230#Comment_1239230

    Ironworks didn't have any deadzone issues when I tried it on the PTB. Let us know if you encounter any on other maps. I noticed them on Autohaven maps especially on the PTB.

    Yeah, Blood Lodge still had that chunk of a dead zone. I spotted 1 pallet amidst all the barrell stacks. I'm all up for killer, mostly play them. But this is going from one unbalanced to another. Survivor to killer. We need an inbetween.

  • I feel really slow as Killer (Doctor specifically). It takes FOREVER to catch up to a Survivor now.

    The new sensitivity is nuts as Killer. I had to lower it to 80% so I can get used to it.

    As Survivor, the sensitivity makes me feel like the Flash when I’m running.

    Also, why are the offerings so damn small on the offering screen?

  • So I played a couple of survivor games and was lucky enough to get two of the changed maps, escaped on both so although it's too soon to say I think I'm gonna stand by my opinion that survivors haven't been nerfed into oblivion/dbd isn't dead/ the sky isn't falling

    It was plague/temple of purgation/2k And doc/rancid abattoir/1k

    Also apologies @A_Can_Of_Air I didn't see your other post

  • I played a couple matches as survivor. Got put up against some annoying Legion slowdown builds and a couple Ghostface's which camped the ######### out of me. Because matchmaking is so absurdly broken, I got a high rank killer with white rank survivors. I became so fed up that I had to get off the game and haven't got back on since. Don't know what it is, but every new patch seems to brings the combination of toxic players and annoying gameplay.

  • Somehow it feels like there's MORE pallets now.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1239982#Comment_1239982

    This is honestly a Killer nerf. It's going to increase queue times and the only survivors that will be playing are the crazy good survivors, so it's going to be much harder killing them.

    Do you really think people will stop playing with thrir friends?

  • Every game ive been playing survivors have been slamming the pallets down as soon as they walk by, there hasnt been a deadzone, more obstacles for survivors to run around. Been matched with rank 3s-4s today though so some of my games have been bitter sweet.

    Just a heads up i play plague, use her iridescent addon letting me see auras when survivors throwup, use corrupt intervention infectious fright and whatever else i have.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1239341#Comment_1239341

    How does a QA team miss one of the fundamental parts of the game being bugged? lmao

    What QA team? Their lack of one is self evident.

  • @arslaN said:

    They definitely changed Sanctum of Wrath even though it's not listed on the patch notes. It seems much better to me.

    Pale Rose is just like someone else showed in this thread. There are zero pallets in the entire middle area. It's terrible and this map isn't even listed on the patch notes.

    Coldwind farm maps seemed good to me so far but I haven't played on all of them.

    Haven't tested the other maps yet.

    Even on the boat? If theres pallets on the boat (normally 2 or 3) then that's fine because the boat can waste an awful amount of time..

  • Played Pig on Disturbed Ward.

    -Couldn't really tell much difference in the map. I don't think they did much to this one, though?

    -Highest sensitivity way too high. I wasn't used to it. Had to change it mid-match, which probably cost me a little. I kept turning way too much, made it hard to track survivors.

    -Still hope this map gets a major rework. Gens spawn way too far apart. There was no reasonable three gen. And in the main building, I still found it hard to find a hook nearby. Downed two survivors inside, had to end up dropping them both inside.

    -Matchmaking was excellent. Green Rank Killer vs Green Rank Survivors. We were all around the same rank. not sure if this was the result of people coming back for the update or not.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Played Pig on Disturbed Ward.

    -Couldn't really tell much difference in the map. I don't think they did much to this one, though?

    -Highest sensitivity way too high. I wasn't used to it. Had to change it mid-match, which probably cost me a little. I kept turning way too much, made it hard to track survivors.

    -Still hope this map gets a major rework. Gens spawn way too far apart. There was no reasonable three gen. And in the main building, I still found it hard to find a hook nearby. Downed two survivors inside, had to end up dropping them both inside.

    -Matchmaking was excellent. Green Rank Killer vs Green Rank Survivors. We were all around the same rank. not sure if this was the result of people coming back for the update or not.

    As I recall, the only change made to the Ward is a reduction of pallets

  • @Khar said:

    Somehow it feels like there's MORE pallets now.

    Probably because a lot of maps shrunk, so the pallets are spread across a smaller area

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Lol so after Marths video showing a lot of the loops were death traps for survivors but one was bad for killer....the devs adjust the one that was bad for killer and ignore the ones that were worthless for survivor. Groaning storehouse in particular made zero sense since going through the window forced you to run towards the killer anyway.

    Well this just confirms what we all knew - it really is all about killers now. I mean nerfs are one thing but actively changing the maps to ensure it screws one side is something else entitely.

    Marth said:

    "No thanks. Most of the group moved on after BHVR played there hand they dont care about balancing this game at all. There business model is money > game health. So i just accepted it and gave up trying to advocate for change.


    And trust me that experiment is still very valid. We as killers are just lucky survivors are boosted apes."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mwKS6Rb0L0

    😂

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1239126#Comment_1239126

    3 months ago - the devs went through with the Ruin changes and they nerfed Doctor, clearly they only care about survivors, look at the way they worded their developer update, they only care about survivor gameplay.

    Now - this comment

    Its hilarious watching these kinds of comments with my popcorn when three months ago it was the exact opposite.

    You.Cannot.Please.This.Community.

    Well you obviously haven't played since release, or you'd be eating that popcorn laughing at yourself.

    But you take that out of context small snap shot. People will work harder to maintain a belief system, than to work for the truth.

    Killer is easier now, than at any point in the games history.

    Try a list of changes since 2016, try again.

  • Looks like the devs got on their knees for killers once again.

    Time for survivors to find something else to play for awhile.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Lol so after Marths video showing a lot of the loops were death traps for survivors but one was bad for killer....the devs adjust the one that was bad for killer and ignore the ones that were worthless for survivor. Groaning storehouse in particular made zero sense since going through the window forced you to run towards the killer anyway.

    Well this just confirms what we all knew - it really is all about killers now. I mean nerfs are one thing but actively changing the maps to ensure it screws one side is something else entitely.

    What window exactly, can you show me with a video or Screenshot? I can't play DbD myself because of this freaking AA

  • @KingFrost said:

    Played Pig on Disturbed Ward.

    -Couldn't really tell much difference in the map. I don't think they did much to this one, though?

    -Highest sensitivity way too high. I wasn't used to it. Had to change it mid-match, which probably cost me a little. I kept turning way too much, made it hard to track survivors.

    -Still hope this map gets a major rework. Gens spawn way too far apart. There was no reasonable three gen. And in the main building, I still found it hard to find a hook nearby. Downed two survivors inside, had to end up dropping them both inside.

    -Matchmaking was excellent. Green Rank Killer vs Green Rank Survivors. We were all around the same rank. not sure if this was the result of people coming back for the update or not.

    Glad to hear matchmaking is good now. Maybe the game will be a challenge once again.

  • Anti-aliasing always on is garbage, everything is fuzzy.

    Small offerings page is dumb as #########. So much more empty space, why? They were crisp and easy to see before, now small, blurry, garbage.

    Wraith is sluggish, staggering when in/out stealth. Has same walking animation as trapper now? Feels pretty terrible.

    Every map looks a shade darker, the game still has some kind of memory leak issue where the game freezes more often with the more time you play.

    The further nerf to group gen speed now furthers the alternative option which was superior in the first place, which is to divide and conquer on gens. So now you are more likely to see survivors separated as group gen speed is further decentivized. Higher % chance to lose 2-3 gens before first down and hook (90 to 120 seconds).

    Can't hit survivors who vault the corn harvesters anymore since it is now required to swing just to make it to the side of the harvester, you can no longer just walk the side of the harvester. So the harvester is now a godlike time waster for survivors, just re-vault till entity closes off and dip, killer MUST walk up to the ramp to get a hit, or swing twice, but by the first swing to just make it to the side, the survivor can just slow vault back inside the harvester.

    But hey, no god loops pog.

  • Cant play survivor cause of the deadzones

    Cant play killer Cause billy is just wierd now

1 2 3