One Last Time: Who Are Ya Favs?
You've seen the news, our patch of fog disperses next month, marking the end of our little subcommunity.
I've spent a bit too much time here, waiting for responses, typing out replies, or just reading what you all had to say. Now that it's ending, I honestly feel a little untethered, like a small part of my life was rubbed off a chalk board, but life goes on and on and on, doesn't it? I think we'll all survive the loss of an Internet Forum.
In the time we have left, I want to do a little remembering. Please list any users you wanted to note for any reason, it's your last chance!
I'll start by bringing up someone no longer here with us, but they left a kind of energy I can still feel on the forums at times.
Goodbye @Cheers, and Goodbye everybody!! (I might see some of you on Discord later)
Comments
Many mentioned here but some older ones forgotten. I tried to remember some @Tsulan @Nathan13 @OrangeBear
I also remember someone starting with Aza maybe he had clown picture.
I am gonna be real, I don’t really come on here anymore so I am very surprised someone remembered me. It means a lot <3
As for some of my favorites from over the years:
@GeneralV @glitchboi @QwQw @HaunterofShadows @Huge_Bush @Nathan13 @ReverseVelocity @MikaelaWantsYourBoon @C3Tooth @deKlaw_04
I just learned about the forums shutting down and I am super heartbroken about it. This place used to be a regular part of my day talking with people about a game I love. It really is an end of an era 💔
Right back to you Tropes!
I'm not very good with goodbyes. I think majority of the folks who came through here contributed something special and made my time here feel worthwhile. The friends I've made know who they are and I look forward to continued shenanigans elsewhere. Everyone else, I wish you all the best. Thanks for spending your precious time here with me.
We can look back and say: "we actually achieved something"
Being here on the forums with you all has been an honour. Even though I wasnt as active in the last couple of years, I will never forget the good days and great discussions.
^🐽^
Theres so many people here… I feel like if I have to mention every single person, then I might forget someone important. Pls excuse me if that happens. I also dont care if I mention people that have gotten banned. It literally doesnt matter anymore at this point.
… and all the other members of the Pig crew. I feel like we truly achieved something.
and … even you @Devilhit_11. I hated arguing with you, but man. Those were the good times.
If I didnt mention someone, then pls take the final spot and get comfy
You all made my time here worth it ^🐽^
A big 👉️🐽 to you all!
thank you friend ❤️
Love ya Gann!
Thanks pal!
Thanks so much for the shout out. Much love to you ❤️
Id want to @ them all by name but Im scared I would miss some one 😫
That being said, it was a pleasure to discuss with everyone over the years and Im happy that some of my silly little posts could put a smile on your face :)
I was wondering if we'd see you in our final hour! You still obsessed with Spirit?
I was told outside the forums that they were shutting down, so I really needed to come stop by for old times sake. It caught me off guard so much, because I used to be super active on here. And yeah, even though I don’t really play Spirit much anymore nor do I play much DBD these days, she still holds a special place in my heart.
To be honest I don't really remember. So many good people just got banned for the tiniest things over the years that were pillars of the community just to be silenced by the mods. It sucks that they power trip so hard but they are better than discord mods I guess.
FAAAR too many names to name and probably a good deal who won’t even know me seeing as I’ve only maintained a fleeting presence in the forums despite the many years being on the forums as a member and even longer as a lurker before that. (Most of you may probably be thinking “who even is this?” lol)
But I’ll just give a little snapshot of why my interactions with many in here were, and continue to be, meaningful.
I joined at a time not knowing much about the game and honestly feeling frustrated, clueless and armed with a list of gripes.
And while I remain clueless, I’ve grown a lot and in no small part due to the people I met here - the good the bad and everything in between. I got to see others’ points of views and even when I haven’t agreed with them, I could see why they held their views most of the times. It gave a humanity behind the name and I realised that many are jostling for what is important for them. There are potatoes like me that may have found a lot of the balance changes hard to digest at first; for some, said changes didn’t go far enough. Others still felt the dynamics change and it was refreshing/the end of the world. I won’t wade into that too much but it was enough to see that different people were having different experiences.
I learnt that ultimately, my own purpose wasn’t to ever become the best player in the game (though I have one ‘A’ tournament - ifykyk lol). No, my satisfaction is playing with people who I could relax and have fun with and when playing solo, I’d set my own challenges and achievements.
Back to the point, too many names amongst good friends and I don’t mean to disrespect a single person who I haven’t mentioned - it’s not that you weren’t worth mentioning, more that you know who you are and it’s a given.
EVERYONE on the discord servers I’m part of for one.
For those whose paths don’t cross again, I wish you the best and good luck for the future.
I think I'll miss the phantom down voter most of all.
That one person who would come by every now and then to give everyone in a thread a down vote and then leave, regardless of what was said. It tickles me to no end to think someone would take time out of their day just for that.
I hope you're doing well out there, friend o7.
For real though, anyone who ever stopped by here to write something interesting, insightful, challenging, nuanced or funny - You're my favourite.
Callahan9116 MechWarrior3 Elan zonkednb WalterBlack JPLongstreet Wezqu kit_mason random1543 ShanoaLegendaryPlz Bad_Medicine Royval Rick1998 Aven_Fallen HexSlugged Withered8
Special mention to @zonkednb for being goated and using the skillz 'thinking' and 'interacting'.
Another special mention to @Withered8 for being unique and original not only in playing the game but also when it comes to their game balancing and perceived power of things such as perks, really great killer/surv as well, was an actual pro player.