So.. pop is nerfed because killers are too good?

Well, shouldn't killer be rewarded for more if he is capable of downing people fast? Isn't that survivor's fault for getting downed within the duration of pop? Isn't it the same as DS, where killers are punished for being too good?

Not to mention there isn't always a gen nearby that has some progress to be regressed.

I honestly don't understand the reason behind it.

Tagged: DevModTrusted

Comments

  • @Pawcelot said:

    Killers getting the short end of the stick again. Surprise, big not.

    I guess you conveniently forgot to mention the map reworks & some of the newer maps which actually favour the killers more.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    I find the Devs complete silence on the DS replies to be.....

    Quite amusing, if not offensive as well.

    Oh, how the turntables have turned.

  • This perk does literally win games if you get more than a few uses out of it. It's understandable, Pop is extremely powerful (not to mention annoying to play against, which should be taken into consideration).

  • I like it when people say "oh, 15 seconds is not a big deal". Why change it then? Leave it as it is, if "it's not a big deal", duh 😅

  • Actually pop got nerfed because killers were getting rewarded while not being good enough, taking 55 seconds to end a chase after hooking someone else and being rewarded by popping the gen right next to the downed guy for 25% was always a bit much, now the killers have to play better if they wish to benefit from pop while using it this way.

  • @Customapple0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1645710#Comment_1645710

    I guess you conveniently forgot to mention the map reworks & some of the newer maps which actually favour the killers more.

    Because after Ruin was nerfed the killers couldn't compete.

    Ruin nerf + Infinites + Prove Thyself.

    This entire situation happened after the Ruin nerf.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1645683#Comment_1645683

    lmao

    that is the exact definition of playing poorly, why are you even there? having trouble to memorize where you have to go or what? the bloodbaths xD i like how you completely dodge the question and do not answer what skill ds actually requires because the answer is none. i am not picking sides i am just stating the obvious, pgtw gets nerfed while it at least required you to do something as killer which can really be difficult if a person is good. however ds on the other hand while being the stronger perk just gives you free immunity and rewarding to fail the chase.... it is literally unbalanced, when you can not agree to that or even see that than my dude all your objective game sense has gone down the drain

    I have a feeling you don't play survivor much as going down is inevitable, this is not 2016-17 when infinites existed. What if I was hooked near an area with a deadzone, believe me I've seen huge wastelands with no pallets. What if I managed to get to a pallet, barely, and the killer had spirit fury? There's times the survivor can play better but half the time, if not most of the time, there is nothing you can do.

    DS helps the survivor survive in specific scenarios so if it is unbalanced, then pretty much every killer perk is also unbalanced but to a much greater degree.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1645743#Comment_1645743

    I have a feeling you don't play survivor much as going down is inevitable, this is not 2016-17 when infinites existed. What if I was hooked near an area with a deadzone, believe me I've seen huge wastelands with no pallets. What if I managed to get to a pallet, barely, and the killer had spirit fury? There's times the survivor can play better but half the time, if not most of the time, there is nothing you can do.

    DS helps the survivor survive in specific scenarios so if it is unbalanced, then pretty much every killer perk is also unbalanced but to a much greater degree.

    Your feeling is wrong, i played mostly survivor and switched to killer afterwards since i did not want to play solo survivor. Infinites do exist till this day you just have to find them, you want one? kay yamaokes wrath or whatever it is called the map with oni -> check for shack -> sometimes a jungle gym with a long wall spawns and they both are connected via windows, you can loop every killer there aside from nurse & spirit. even when they do bring bamboozle, it doesnt matter as you can vault one window so long for bamboozle to free up the window again. stuff like this still exists in the game, it is a map that is not too old and devs should know better to not spawn these kind of setups but they exist.

    well if the killer had sf, he still get stunned unless he brought enduring which results in a free hit and that sir is what you call outplayed.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    Because the devs want you to make a choice between regressing a generator and committing to chases. 45 seconds it still enough time to reach any generator on the map, even as huntress on mother's dwelling.

    Yeah, because the tournament really showed that it was an issue causing killers to have too much of a winrate.

  • I'm rather new and I got the game because I'm a huge silent hill fan, however it seems that all the nerfs I've seen are killer nerfs... are they that much of a problem? I mean it is 4v1...

  • Decisive Strike 60 seconds that allows killer to pursue another chase get another hook and STILL get penalized. Thats cool.


    POP. 60 seconds allows the killer to pursue other activities and or even make a far gen. BHVR- We aint having that!

  • It honestly seems like survivors have an absurd amount of tools to make this game way too easy for them...i said I'm new so if I'm wrong correct me but a flashlight? Really? I played one game where 2 people lighted me for like a solid minute. Plus some kind of punch or something? A strike? It honestly seems pretty balanced without toxic people

  • @bootrocks said:

    It honestly seems like survivors have an absurd amount of tools to make this game way too easy for them...i said I'm new so if I'm wrong correct me but a flashlight? Really? I played one game where 2 people lighted me for like a solid minute. Plus some kind of punch or something? A strike? It honestly seems pretty balanced without toxic people

    To avoid flashlight blinds either look up or down and if you go to pick someone up then try to face a wall if possible. I’m not sure what punch you could be referring to.

  • Decisive strike, which is what you guys have been talking about lol, and yeah i was out in the open and couldn't face a wall. Like they lighted me as I was lifting them up.

  • @bootrocks said:

    Decisive strike, which is what you guys have been talking about lol, and yeah i was out in the open and couldn't face a wall. Like they lighted me as I was lifting them up.

    In that case, your best bet is to bait them into thinking you’re about to pick up so you can smack them as they come for the save and either commit to the new person or pick up downed survivor if you know the area is clear. As for Decisive strike, Slug/Don’t tunnel and if you still get hit by it then that is quite unfortunate.

  • Ah OK what is tunnel/ slug?

  • @Almo said:

    Pop's duration is being reduced because we found you could spend too much time doing other things and still have it available.

    Nerf DS

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Well, shouldn't killer be rewarded for more if he is capable of downing people fast? Isn't that survivor's fault for getting downed within the duration of pop? Isn't it the same as DS, where killers are punished for being too good?

    Not to mention there isn't always a gen nearby that has some progress to be regressed.

    I honestly don't understand the reason behind it.

    It's mind blowing that the Dev's even think that they could even be considering nerfing Killer in the current meta. Looks like they want another Killer genocide, where they all leave again.

  • @Almo said:

    Pop's duration is being reduced because we found you could spend too much time doing other things and still have it available.

    Or - you know, fix the matchmaking so Survivors that suck and can't perform long chases are not going against Killers who are good at the game.

    Looks like the Dev's want all the Killers to leave again. Pop is so popular right now because they are running out of perks to run to even keep the game afloat, and you plan to make that harder? Are you going to reduce the amount of pallets in a match too so the Killers can end chases quicker? Are you going to increase the time it takes to repair the gen? Remove the hatch? Give the Killers a button that if they push it the entity kills all the survivors and the game ends (A killer equivelent of the hatch)?

  • @bootrocks said:

    Ah OK what is tunnel/ slug?

    To tunnel is to focus on one survivor and trying to get them out of the game while ignoring the others. Sometimes when people get unhooked, it’s okay to “Tunnel” because there are times when the other survivors aren’t trying to take aggro/ playing sneaky and it’s not your fault. To slug is to get someone downed, but not picking them up instantly so that you can apply more pressure by chasing someone else that is near and forcing others to rescue the downed person.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194343/so-pop-is-nerfed-because-killers-are-too-good

    It's mind blowing that the Dev's even think that they could even be considering nerfing Killer in the current meta. Looks like they want another Killer genocide, where they all leave again.

    I'm really considering stop playing killer for a month or so until they fix everything. It's stressing anyways.

  • Personally I feel players are overreacting a bit much over this slight nerf.

    Firstly we don't know what the thana numbers will be.

    Secondly DS has been changed 5 times since release and I don't think a change to a perk on one side should warrant one to a perk on the other.

    While I dont like DS myself and feel it should be looked at we also don't know what they are planning. They may not have something they are allowed to say on that as yet but that doesn't mean its not being worked on.

    I feel DS is being used a lot of the time as an offensive perk when it should imo be a defensive one. Its why I feel some changes are warranted. I feel it should deactivate when you jump on a gen or do a totem. Something which is pushing the game forward. It however doesn't deactivate while healing until you are fully healed.

  • People out here saying “oh but killers would hook someone, go down someone else and then use pop... pick up and repeat” seems similar to how stupid DS is at high ranks. Hook someone, run off to chase someone else *other guy is immediately unhooked* you hook the next guy you chase and you run into the unhooked guy being an idiot and think there is no way DS is still active. Yup its still active.... a player does not need 60 seconds of DS lol

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644009#Comment_1644009

    What do you mean here we go? Should we just pretend that DS isn't a problem or what?

    Comparing pop to decisive makes no sense. Pop has up to 12 uses, ds has 1 really good use that can be used in 60 seconds. I think the fact that people still whine about this is ridiculous. I personally had no qualms with pop before it was buffed, and this nerf is definitely not gonna stop me from using it when it seems appropriate. same with ds's nerf. Its balancing the game.

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644293#Comment_1644293

    And that’s more typical survivor entitlement a killer should not have to wait 60 seconds to kill you if they outplayed you

    Tunneling does not happen as much as you think it does you are not being tunneled you are just a weak link play better and you won’t be chased as often or caught

    Lastly it’s not whataboutism if it’s something that’s actually happening and no one has control over besides the devs

    If pop is being changed for being active while being in a chase then gets used mid chase why is ds allowed to be used while on a generator. Don’t try and give any bs reason to how you are doing gens and being tunneled now it’s not possible.

    Gonna also prove a point to why ds needs changed 1. It’s works as anti momentum perk at the moment when it’s supposed to be an anti tunnel perk so it’s not doing it’s job 2. If you try and say it’s not or shouldn’t be anti tunnel so should stay the same you just proved why it needs change anti momentum perks do not need to be a thing. That is why MoM got nerfed.

    Any other questions I can answer for you?

    Yeah, uh, why does everyone jump on the entitlement bandwagon against me when I clearly play both sides and put words kn my mouth or change my argument to suit their own narrative?


    I never said it happens much, just that it does.

    Whataboutism is simply the ".....but the other side!" arguments that always appear. Killer and Survivor are different games and need to be treated as such.

    Pop is being changed not because it is active in a chase, but because a killer can go to a generator, start a chase, WIN said chase and then come back to kick it. The devs want you to make a choice between taking that chase or using Pop. That's it.

    I've rarely come across DS as an anti-momentum perk because of the killers I play and how I play them. As Pig, I just NEVER pick up someone with an RBT on. Easy. Done. Avoids DS every time! As a rule of thumb, I also basically play like I have Devour Hope. If someone unhooks in my face, I target them and only them. Slug anyone who gets in my way. I have been hit by it TWICE in the last year, and one of them was deliberate, the other was testing of the survivor had it.

    MoM was also just dumb.

  • Thing is tho even tho Mr almo has made himself look stupid with his replys this effects low tier killers or slow moving killers to use pop hear me out.

    This change will not effect the best killers but on hag pig huntress ghostface this will be felt hard. To be fair I feel multiple pops is needed on certain killers not all. But we don't think about all killers we think about those uptier killers that really don't need to use pop looking at you oni spirit and possibly Billy's and blight. You have movement speed you have all that jazz.

    To be honest I'm a pig main I never tunnel or be toxic use ######### play style but in regards to ds discussions on this I'm d striked every match and it ######### hurts and I actively don't try to tunnel or be horrible. Just saying 🙌🐷

  • This is just gonna make undying and ruin more meta than it already is.

  • @Unifall said:

    This is just gonna make undying and ruin more meta than it already is.

    We in vain have tried to force a second objective into the game.. We feel after seeing that over 70% of killers are using this combo need to adjust it as its unfair and oppressive and gives no counter play..

    Something of that nature will be the response enjoy your moment is all I have to say.

    🐷💖

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643979#Comment_1643979

    This game has been always survivor sided.

    And they prove it again.

    It's a killer based game, and way killer sided. I'm a killer main that enjoys playing survivivor, and killer perks are way stronger, and more effective. Sure it's 4 vs. 1, but the perks even that out. Look how many aura reading perks a killer has, and finding survivivors is a key objective made easy using them. Mori's are so strong, and unfair that I never use them. I know that's an offering, but you get my point.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643979#Comment_1643979

    @Almo Not responding to this is basically the same as admitting you know there's nothing you can say to justify this.

    @Peanits @not_Queen We deserve a response.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643994#Comment_1643994

    The "here we go" moment started with Almo's post. He walked RIGHT into that trap. They even built the trap themselves. It's kind of like setting a mouse trap and immediately stepping in it.

    Dollars to donuts they won't have it in them to respond in a way that doesn't completely dodge the point.

    Basically what you said, now that Almo said that, there is absolutely no reason to not nerf DS.

  • @evil_one_74 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644086#Comment_1644086

    It's a killer based game, and way killer sided. I'm a killer main that enjoys playing survivivor, and killer perks are way stronger, and more effective. Sure it's 4 vs. 1, but the perks even that out. Look how many aura reading perks a killer has, and finding survivivors is a key objective made easy using them. Mori's are so strong, and unfair that I never use them. I know that's an offering, but you get my point.

    So what do you want a killer like Micheal to hug and kiss you I don't get this thing and I play both sides equally you know what happens when I'm moried I say gg and move onto the next match camped tunneled gg I get why killers do what they do because I've seen upmost survioirs just not giving a god damn.

    Horror in this game is a suriviour that has an ifinate amount of chances not the horror icon I'm playing.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    I find the Devs complete silence on the DS replies to be.....

    Quite amusing, if not offensive as well.

    Pretty much the Devs screwed themselves the moment Almo came out with that quote.

    Now the Devs have 2 logical choices, and 1 illogical choice. They could either 1. revert the PGTW nerf, or 2. nerf DS to 45 sec, which are the logical choices. OR they will go with 3. nerfing PGTW, and not touching DS, which will cause more killers to leave the game, which is the illogical choice.

    Though knowing the devs, they will most likely go with option 3, as their history literally shows they will go with the worst option.

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644813#Comment_1644813

    Pretty much the Devs screwed themselves the moment Almo came out with that quote.

    Now the Devs have 2 logical choices, and 1 illogical choice. They could either 1. revert the PGTW nerf, or 2. nerf DS to 45 sec, which are the logical choices. OR they will go with 3. nerfing PGTW, and not touching DS, which will cause more killers to leave the game, which is the illogical choice.

    Though knowing the devs, they will most likely go with option 3, as their history literally shows they will go with the worst option.

    I think option 3 is pretty obvious. Extremely doubtful they'll even acknowledge concerns over the quote given how bad it makes them look, let alone act on it. Though I also very much doubt there will be some great exodus of killers leaving the game. It never pans out that way.

  • Almo i think you shouldnt have said that, u just made it worse, is like you (devs) never ever heard our complains (killers) by saying such a thing. you guys cant ignore it now, because if you do it then sorry but the biass now with actual proof is really visible with comments like these, please dont treat the killers like the second thing, like if they didnt even matter because is ok i know killers dont give u as much money as survivors do, we are less is right, but in the end without killers there is no game.

  • @HP150 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646352#Comment_1646352

    I think option 3 is pretty obvious. Extremely doubtful they'll even acknowledge concerns over the quote given how bad it makes them look, let alone act on it. Though I also very much doubt there will be some great exodus of killers leaving the game. It never pans out that way.

    Usually if a killer wants to leave the game, they won't post it in discussion, they simply just leave quietly.

    So how do you know killers are leaving? The queue time. If the killer queue time is instant, and survivor's queue time is like ages, then obviously number of killer has dropped.

    There was a time like that if i'm not wrong.

  • I think the devs have nerfed pop in the wrong way. It will make no difference for killers that can traverse the map, so for Freddy (which is where I see pop the most), absolutely no difference at all. They should have given the perk a 45 second cooldown.

  • @Pennywise said:

    I think the devs have nerfed pop in the wrong way. It will make no difference for killers that can traverse the map, so for Freddy (which is where I see pop the most), absolutely no difference at all. They should have given the perk a 45 second cooldown.

    image.png

    Me tryna figure out how pop is deserving of that heavy of a nerf

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646254#Comment_1646254

    We in vain have tried to force a second objective into the game.. We feel after seeing that over 70% of killers are using this combo need to adjust it as its unfair and oppressive and gives no counter play..

    Something of that nature will be the response enjoy your moment is all I have to say.

    🐷💖

    @SpaceCoconut you will understand props for you content

    I look forward for seeing this in the future! Lol

  • This topic is quite the wild ride.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    killers would hook someone go get someone else and then still have remaining time on pgtw to use it on a gen. reducing the time period to use it but keeping it at a high enough time to still be used even when across the map as a slow killer like huntress. You will have to put the gen over the survivor but thats fine and imo its a better option since the gen will regress more and if its highly progressed and you kick it you might find that it has been worked on later.

    this is just a straight nerf however this perk is still really good and imo the minute you had to kick a gen was very generous. i know that i will at least still use this perk on the majority of my killers.

    I remember getting good use out of it when it was 30 seconds, but felt at the time that it wasn't quite long enough to be viable on most killers. 45 is most certainly a generous compromise, imo.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643901#Comment_1643901

    I remember getting good use out of it when it was 30 seconds, but felt at the time that it wasn't quite long enough to be viable on most killers. 45 is most certainly a generous compromise, imo.

    It's a poorly thought-out nerf; this change isn't going to affect a mobile (read: high tier) killer, it primarily affects the lower tier, less mobile ones.

  • @Almo said:

    Pop's duration is being reduced because we found you could spend too much time doing other things and still have it available.

    YOU MUST BE JOKING LOL DS FITS THAT EXACT CRITERIA TO THE LETTER. AND YOY HAVENT REPLIED AT ALL

  • @HP150 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646352#Comment_1646352

    I think option 3 is pretty obvious. Extremely doubtful they'll even acknowledge concerns over the quote given how bad it makes them look, let alone act on it. Though I also very much doubt there will be some great exodus of killers leaving the game. It never pans out that way.

    I think you may have forgotten what happened after Hex: Ruin was nerfed, queue times for suvivor were like 30 min+, and that lasted a very long time until Pyramid Head, where the queue times for survivor dropped from 30 min+ to about 20 min.


    I left the game in Late Feburary or Early March, because the amount of frustration it is to play killer, and how practically boring and easy the survivor role is especially when you have the smol pp build with BT and adrenaline, and how borderline toxic the community is. As a survivor you can just hold m1 and win the game.

    I've been watching streamers like Not Otzdarva, Scott Jund, OhTofu, and Tru3talent, and a week ago I decided to play a few matches for fun. Those matches were fun, and thought maybe I should come back slowly until I saw this and practically felt glad I quit the game. The moment you think the game might actually have balance for a moment is when the Devs will hit you with some dumb change while leaving broken stuff, and bugs untouched.

    Killer players are starting to get exhausted, and this will only fan the flames.

    A friend of mine, recently bought DBD a month or two ago, and so far he's told me he's having fun playing survivor, but as a killer, he says it feels stressful especially since it feels there is basically a watch over your head all the time, ticking faster and faster.

  • @Almo said:

    Pop's duration is being reduced because we found you could spend too much time doing other things and still have it available.

    It was at this moment, Almo knew...he screwed up.

  • The devs, and especially Almo, show us again how they are clueless about the game.

  • @Haku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644819#Comment_1644819

    Or maybe it is cause most fun for survivors come from saving others/running the killer. If everything was only about do the gens, leave the game that game would've been dead long ago. Ever thought about that ?

    Doesn't change the fact that kill stats are meaningless.

  • @Almo said:

    Pop's duration is being reduced because we found you could spend too much time doing other things and still have it available.

    I registered just to write that comment: what about DC? There even a discussion with some good ideas how you can make it balanced: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194359/ds-doesnt-need-a-nerf-it-needs

  • @ltybcs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643975#Comment_1643975

    I registered just to write that comment: what about DC? There even a discussion with some good ideas how you can make it balanced: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194359/ds-doesnt-need-a-nerf-it-needs

    I don't think almo is allowed to talk about DS anymore

  • @Almo said:

    Pop's duration is being reduced because we found you could spend too much time doing other things and still have it available.

    @Almo you've really played yourself there

  • @Malkhrim said:

    This nerf means Tier 3 Pop will now be closer to how Tier 1 Pop is today (just 5 seconds more).

    Not a HUGE nerf but, come on, anyone who has used this perk a lot on Tier I knows it makes a clear difference. With PGTW Tier 3, you can search for a generator where it's worth using, instead of wasting it on 10%-progressed generators that might be near you. On tier I, you sometimes have to kick the first gen you see because the timer may run out while you go check which of the further gens are closer to being fixed (doesn't happen a lot with high mobility killers like Hillbilly, Oni or Nurse, but it's a common risk for Deathslinger, Huntress and Clown), unless you ignore everything around you and go straight for the gen, which would probably be bad, because you would waste opportunities to do your objective and apply pressure. In other words: frequently, you waste Pop Tier I uses to avoid delaying your map pressure and objective. You should never have to waste a perk that rewards you for hooking survivors.

    Again, it's a small nerf and barely makes difference for high mobility killers, but makes some difference for those who don't travel so fast. Why nerf a tool that helps killers with no map pressure? One that rewards for victories in chases, nonetheless. Why was this nerf even needed?

    I don't know the numbers, so.. how many Killer perks have been Nerfed, vs. How many Survivor perks have been Nerfed?

1 … 3 4 5 6 7