Is spirit that skilless?

I've tried to main spirit for the past month, and imo, she is hard to master. Because you can't see the survivors or their auras while phasing, you need to rely on audio and small details of, for example, grass whilst predicting where the survivor will go.

Though, recently when I played a normal spirit game, I won a really close match with a swf (1 gen left and it was a 16 minute game) and the survivors kept abusing the endgame chat because, and I quote:

"Stop playing such a skilless character and go play a normal killer, you rank 6 boosted ape cun*"

It seems like on the survivor's perspective, spirit is just a free win once you start playing her, not even try to practice. All her add-ons are "op" and her power is "completely broken and needs a rework". I'll be honest, these survivors could lose against any killer because they were ######### around instead of doing their objective and such, so I don't understand, should I not rely on their mistakes and win? Should I just let them leave?

So, my question is, for you, as a player, do you think that spirit is completely skilless? Please let me know down below.

Cheers!

Comments

  • @Seanzu said:

    Spirit is a brainless killer, stick on stridor and there isn't a single thing survivors can do.

    Stridor is a trash perk, especially now with the sounds bugs. You're better sticking to something else.

  • Only the people who still fail against her standing still mind game claim she's skilless. She might not be as hard to learn as Huntress, Nurse or even a curving Billy, but she's not braindead either.

  • Many salty survivors say that she is easy but that is not true at all, she is easy to understand yes but not to learn. I personally as a ex spirit main never saw any good spirit in my life with my 3k hours. She is very hard to master and there are only few very good spirits, the most of the spirits use noed or stridor and just know minor things about her.

  • @Seanzu said:

    Spirit is a brainless killer, stick on stridor and there isn't a single thing survivors can do.

    Except most that have mastered her don't use stridor.

    Plenty of good survivors can still loop a spirit as well, so if you believe there is nothing you can do, maybe your survivor needs work.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214463#Comment_1214463

    Except most that have mastered her don't use stridor.

    Plenty of good survivors can still loop a spirit as well, so if you believe there is nothing you can do, maybe your survivor needs work.

    "There isn't a single thing survivors can do", not "There isn't a single thing I can do", maybe your reading comprehension needs work.

  • you're right.. even though others have stated it's bugged and doesn't work as intended. i ran it again yesterday in 3 matches and i'd hit players and they go silent.. post game, no one running iron will. It used to work, like i said.. now it doesn't, at least consistently

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1215611#Comment_1215611

    "There isn't a single thing survivors can do", not "There isn't a single thing I can do", maybe your reading comprehension needs work.

    First off, insults say more about you than me. If I misread something than you can point that out in a more friendly way than putting someone down.

    Secondly, I read your post to mean survivors cant do anything against her. I see that as a fallacy, as many good survivors can still loop a stridor spirit as well, at least enough to get some objectives done and escape

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I've tried to main spirit for the past month, and imo, she is hard to master. Because you can't see the survivors or their auras while phasing, you need to rely on audio and small details of, for example, grass whilst predicting where the survivor will go.

    Though, recently when I played a normal spirit game, I won a really close match with a swf (1 gen left and it was a 16 minute game) and the survivors kept abusing the endgame chat because, and I quote:

    "Stop playing such a skilless character and go play a normal killer, you rank 6 boosted ape cun*"

    It seems like on the survivor's perspective, spirit is just a free win once you start playing her, not even try to practice. All her add-ons are "op" and her power is "completely broken and needs a rework". I'll be honest, these survivors could lose against any killer because they were ######### around instead of doing their objective and such, so I don't understand, should I not rely on their mistakes and win? Should I just let them leave?

    So, my question is, for you, as a player, do you think that spirit is completely skilless? Please let me know down below.

    Cheers!

    I think that spirit is too easy to master because she isn't skill-less but at the same time there aren't many things that survivors can do or use except for iron will which is pretty much the only counter to spirit except for when the Spirit uses stridor which there really isn't any counter to but I don't think the Spirit is skill less because every killer takes some time to master. Also, don't give them any of your time if they were just fu*king around because that's their fault.

  • Since a lot of y'all wanna say that Spirit has no skill. Why don't y'all go into a match without Strider using this add-on and tell me Spirit is brain dead

    iconAddon_motherDaughterRing.png


  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I've tried to main spirit for the past month, and imo, she is hard to master. Because you can't see the survivors or their auras while phasing, you need to rely on audio and small details of, for example, grass whilst predicting where the survivor will go.

    Though, recently when I played a normal spirit game, I won a really close match with a swf (1 gen left and it was a 16 minute game) and the survivors kept abusing the endgame chat because, and I quote:

    "Stop playing such a skilless character and go play a normal killer, you rank 6 boosted ape cun*"

    It seems like on the survivor's perspective, spirit is just a free win once you start playing her, not even try to practice. All her add-ons are "op" and her power is "completely broken and needs a rework". I'll be honest, these survivors could lose against any killer because they were ######### around instead of doing their objective and such, so I don't understand, should I not rely on their mistakes and win? Should I just let them leave?

    So, my question is, for you, as a player, do you think that spirit is completely skilless? Please let me know down below.

    Cheers!

    See here's my issues with spirit that destroyed her skill cap. Stridor, and Predator. Tighter sprint trails and they always moan and such. Literally if they make noise it destroys the kill scap.


    Its not like nurse, where nurse is about constant prediction, and just having to read a survivor and react, where the spirit is "With these two perks, and pop and BBQ, you can now almost 4k every game even if they bring the things that counter her like iron will"


    Now of they have someone with Q&Q that's a whole new ballgame, but as a seasoned killer it's just about remembering who has it and what mind games they would play with it, as did they jump the pallet or bait the window. It turns into a lot of 50/50 chances that you can spike to a 75/25 leaning killer side with the right movements.

  • Spirit is an easy killer. All you need? Ears. And stridor. I really can't see how some spirits can't end a chase within seconds. Makes me wonder if they don't play with headphones or are just simply deaf.

  • Before sounds got bugged, you can just listen to footsteps and breathing with maximum volume on your headphones. I guess spirit is slightly harder because of that but hey, stridor right? If you're a decent killer who knows basic mindgames, spirit isn't that difficult with a good set of headphones, especially if all sounds get fixed. If you play spirit with terrible sound or no sound, I guess it can be a challenge but who the hell plays with that handicap.

    She does require skill but the skillcap is quite low like freddy. Once you learn how to use their abilities effectively, there's a higher likelihood of you downing them quickly than them escaping you. With that said, I still enjoy playing spirit just to see the dumb things people do to try to counter her sometimes.

  • @AlbinoViera said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1215060#Comment_1215060

    Alright, let's go over the mind-games again, seeing as you seem to have no knowledge of how Spirit works.

    Doubling-Back. You can uh.. Walk. I know, I know, crazy idea to suggest walking so you don't make any scratchmarks and she can't hear your footsteps or your breathing over her own phase sound. If you're injured and making grunts of pain, you can at the very least try something. This has worked quite a few times for me, and against me: Sprinting away from her for about two seconds, and then the moment you hear her close. You spint backwards. Quite a few times this has caused them to miss a hit, even while grunting.

    Dropping a pallet: You don't seem to know how long her power would take to recover or how much she would use. To catch up after a hit, uses about two thirds of her power, (with a yellow duration add-on it's about half). It would take about 8.5 - 9 seconds to recover, with 4 seconds from the missed hit and breaking a pallet, (During which, you should be running away to gain a tonne of distance) she'll now have about 4 - 5seconds of being a 110% killer. So, you just wasted 13 seconds of her time with the use of a single pallet, and that's not including the time it takes to catch back up to you. If it doesn't work, you can actually commit next time and stay on the other side of the pallet, meaning she'll be on the wrong side or you can try and do it again in the hope she'll mind-game herself.

    Hearing her coming, you can hear her like any other killer. Just think of it likes she's behind a wall seeing as you'll know which way she's coming from 9 times out of 10. I won't lie, from your strategy of "Making a blind guess and hoping it works" you seem to be the sort of player that hates having to think for themselves. "Why can't I just run her around the same pallet like I do everyone else? She isn't nurse!" I can just imagine you saying that in a non-joking way.. If you hear her footsteps, you can hear where she's coming from. Walk towards her, or run towards her if you're in the open. If you know which way she came from, hop the window away from her or drop the pallet between you both and maybe even slow vault it. Do something instead of trying to act like "Well, guess she's got me now lolol"

    I'll say it again. If you want to get some help for playing as, or against Spirit, ask nicely and you might get some. I'm not gonna list every possible way to avoid her, there's some that are situational and some any survivor should be able to do, take too much time for me.

    It's not a mind-game if the survivor has absolutely no way of knowing what's going on. I could go into a custom game with some of my friends and I'll get them to try and run me around as Spirit and I can guarantee they won't be able to do it for long. I could also try to see if they know when I'm using my power, or where I'm currently phasing to. Once again, they'll have no idea because guess what? You have no info on where she is or if she's even using her power. There's no mind-game there, it's an uneducated guess because you have no input on this interaction. Tru3 said the same things in his video (which I'm guessing you've seen), and his counters are assuming the survivors got lucky, and the killer has an IQ in the single digits and plays like an AI.

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214470#Comment_1214470

    Actually it's additive so it does negate iron will. Spirit is skillless, her only requirement is good headphones and a 1-2 hours to get used to her movement speed out of phase.

    I dont think you've played against good survivors then.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/144372/is-spirit-that-skilless

    No, I don’t think any killer is completely skill-less. They all require some amount of skill, outside of stupid stuff like face camping or ebony tunnel moris.

    I think Spirit requires less skill than some killers, like Nurse or Huntress. But she definitely has a learning curve and is not a free win by any means. It’s easier to win with her than with some other killers, but I think a lot of people just want to berate you so they don’t have to admit that they lost fair and square.

    Any killer is completely skill-less? Freddy existed.

    The killer that can debuff survivors and invisible from far away by absolutely do nothing, Moreover rapidly using his snares has no downside or penalty.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214483#Comment_1214483

    It's a bug currently.

    I main Spirit with Stridor and can confirm 1000% that Stridor overrides Iron Will. Iron Will 3 is -100%, Stridor 3 is +50%, for a net value of -50%. Basically Stridor 2/3 turn Iron Will 3 into Iron Will 1.

    But Iron Will stacks with No Mither and Off The Record to make you completely silent even against Stridor.

    You can actually tell when a killer has Stridor if you run Iron Will because you will hear yourself cry in pain. It's been proven, not sure why you are arguing against it.

    On topic... I agree Spirit takes skill. Those that say she doesn't either never play her at red ranks or never pay attention to when survivors outplay them. The thing is, a lot of survivors really don't understand how to play against her, so you get a false sense of her being overpowered. It's not that, it's more that survivors do all sorts of whacky things instead of thinking practically about what she can and cannot do. They think she's infallible, she's not.

    As someone that plays Spirit I have a good understanding of her mechanics. I know how far and how fast she can move. My callouts on her add-ons are usually spot on, as it becomes pretty obvious when she is using something like Mother Daughter Ring or Saya. You can also tell when she has Father's Glasses because it will be hard to lose her even when you have Iron Will. She will follow your blood like a killer with Bloodhound, so you want to backtrack so she loses your trail. Or run through and area like red room on Game because it's covered in blood and she won't be able to tell yours from the blood in the room (the entire room will be one color, so she doesn't even have to option to pick out your blood).

    She also can't vault, meaning windows are often your best defense. LT walls can be played well enough to keep a chase going, and if you can bait her to think you are going to vault that would waste a LOT of her time. She is a 110 killer for 15 seconds after she exits phase, so like all slow killers running from tile to tile while baiting window vaults or pallet camps will extend the chase significantly. I consider myself a very strong Spirit player, and 95% of survivors are easy pickings. But then every once in a while you get a survivor that really understands how to run from Spirit, and they can lead you on a chase for a very very long time.

    And while I do play against Spirit's much better than the average survivor, I'm not perfect. I make mistakes or make the wrong read or she doesn't fall for my bait, or I just get bad luck. It happens, and I've caught a ton of those 5% survivors from stuff like that. I know it was them messing up, not me outplaying them, that got them caught.

    Spirit requires you to use your brain as survivor and be creative. Most people lack this ability and therefore it will seem as if she is overpowered, but really it's that you are over thinking the situation. It becomes a lot easier when you can narrow down what she can actually do in any situation and play to that. There is a classic psychological effect called "over choice" or "choice overload" in which you become unable to make a decision when presented with a vast array of choices. Imagine going to a buffet that serves 1000 items. What do you pick first? What do you pick second? For most people they become paralyzed by the sheer number of choices. Now imagine going to a burger joint that serves exactly 5 kinds of burgers, all with fries and a drink. You would be able to make a choice in a heartbeat. This is how you have to approach Spirit. If you sit there and think she is broken and infallible and can do all these things, you will fail to counter play her at all because you can't make a choice. It's why survivors will go full potato and slow vault the pallet back into your face when you just stand there. But narrow down her options to what is practical and you will see she doesn't have infinite possibilities. She has usually 3-4 options, and if you pick the counter play that beats most of those you will escape more than you get caught. I've led GOOD Spirits on long chases and been the sole reason for other escaping (or myself) because I play this way. If she tries to pull the stand still trick, look at it like she is both phasing and standing still. You will see a few options open up that can avoid both, and you pick one you think works best or might get your more distance.

    And of course, there are safe options and risky options. If you take a safe option it's usually not very strong. If you take a risky option there is a chance you will be wrong and get caught. It happens with every killer, but it seems like people exaggerate it with Spirit because they feel like they are just guessing. I really hate when people describe it that way. It's actually a probability calculation. What is the chance she will do X and if she does do X what is the chance I get caught doing Y? It's not guessing, it's not a coin flip, because those things imply complete randomness. It's not random, she has a very finite set of choices that would actually get a result. If you view it as a guess then you don't really understand the chase as well as you think you do.

    She takes skill. Period. Otherwise Spirit would be completely dominate and you could never beat one, even a mediocre one. I've beaten many Spirits, good and bad, and have been beaten by them too. Just like every other killer, if you make mistakes you get punished. And I've beaten many survivors as Spirit and have been beaten by survivors too. It's not like old Legion where you could literally circumvent the entire chase mechanic and play like a bot and still win chases in 30 seconds.

    I've been meaning to make this statement elsewhere (and mind you I don't actually BELIEVE this, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate to make a point) but... Huntress doesn't take skill. If you play with a mouse and put a piece of tape on your screen, there you go you just became a high tier Huntress player. It's that simple. This is basically the argument I see all the time for Spirit, "just get a good headset". Yea any Huntress player would REEEEE so hard at me saying she doesn't take skill, but it's kinda true. Aiming with a mouse is easy AF and if you draw a crosshair on your television you really can't ever miss, especially when hatchet hit boxes are the size of a school bus. And before you REEE at me, keep in mind I don't actually believe this. I'm just making a point how asinine such a statement is about Spirit when I can make an equally valid argument against Huntress. All killers take skill, period. There is no argument that can be made "X killer doesn't take skill", except for old Legion because we all know how that went, and considering how much Legion has changed that kind of proves that such a statement was true about them when they first came out. It was pretty blatant. But it's not that blatant for Spirit, and that's because she does actually take skill.

    Play nothing but Spirit and get to red ranks, you will eventually see really strong survivors that know how to run from you. Again it's rare, because countering Spirit is not very intuitive and takes a lot of thought, but it can be done. Once you see what these survivors do, you will have a better idea how to beat Spirit yourself.

    Nice dissertation, nerd.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1215587#Comment_1215587

    It's not a mind-game if the survivor has absolutely no way of knowing what's going on. I could go into a custom game with some of my friends and I'll get them to try and run me around as Spirit and I can guarantee they won't be able to do it for long. I could also try to see if they know when I'm using my power, or where I'm currently phasing to. Once again, they'll have no idea because guess what? You have no info on where she is or if she's even using her power. There's no mind-game there, it's an uneducated guess because you have no input on this interaction. Tru3 said the same things in his video (which I'm guessing you've seen), and his counters are assuming the survivors got lucky, and the killer has an IQ in the single digits and plays like an AI.

    Like it was mentioned above, there are some safe ways to avoid her mind games. I believe she doesn't need a nerf at all. Do you think she deserves one? I wish you good luck finding a way to nerf her in order to not make her op and fit the thematics of her character.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I've tried to main spirit for the past month, and imo, she is hard to master. Because you can't see the survivors or their auras while phasing, you need to rely on audio and small details of, for example, grass whilst predicting where the survivor will go.

    Though, recently when I played a normal spirit game, I won a really close match with a swf (1 gen left and it was a 16 minute game) and the survivors kept abusing the endgame chat because, and I quote:

    "Stop playing such a skilless character and go play a normal killer, you rank 6 boosted ape cun*"

    It seems like on the survivor's perspective, spirit is just a free win once you start playing her, not even try to practice. All her add-ons are "op" and her power is "completely broken and needs a rework". I'll be honest, these survivors could lose against any killer because they were ######### around instead of doing their objective and such, so I don't understand, should I not rely on their mistakes and win? Should I just let them leave?

    So, my question is, for you, as a player, do you think that spirit is completely skilless? Please let me know down below.

    Cheers!

    Maybe it's like Nurse where I haven't seen her in awhile or don't see her often enough to get annoyed by her at all, so I feel the same about Spirit (as in they're powerful, but it feels earned). I don't understand why people even stopped playing her. I guess she DOES take skill and all the bad Spirit mains left after the rework? Or found a cooler killer? Or something happened? No clue, but I think she takes skill. People say, "Ez just listen, 4head," but I'm sure it's more than that. Before her hitbox nerf she was probably brain dead, but I doubt she is now. I can actually mind game her for real this time (unless I've been going against baby Spirits this whole time lol).

  • @Pennosuke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214459#Comment_1214459

    Any killer is completely skill-less? Freddy existed.

    The killer that can debuff survivors and invisible from far away by absolutely do nothing, Moreover rapidly using his snares has no downside or penalty.

    Freddy is stupidly easy and gets a lot of benefits for comparatively little work, I agree. And yet I’ve played against enough bad Freddys where all survivors escaped. There’s a difference between a good Freddy and a bad Freddy, so there’s some amount of skill gap there. It’s just probably the smallest skill gap of all killers because his power doesn’t take much to use.

  • Any killer that is good at shutting down survivors they always say take no skill. Look at Freddy, Billy, Oni even. People always say it takes no skill to play a good killer because they don't like that said killer can shut them down very effectively, they think the killer should have to 4D chess outplay them to get a fast down otherwise it must just be a crutch op killer.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1216713#Comment_1216713

    Like it was mentioned above, there are some safe ways to avoid her mind games. I believe she doesn't need a nerf at all. Do you think she deserves one? I wish you good luck finding a way to nerf her in order to not make her op and fit the thematics of her character.

    They're only safe if you guess right based off nothing, and you're only safe for like 10 seconds. I never said she did need a nerf. She's not an overpowered or broken killer by any means, I'd rather her ability be reworked somewhat. Otz made a video on what changes he'd make to every killer, and his idea for Spirit was exactly like the one I had for her.

    If you haven't watched it he basically said that it should act a bit like old Freddy. periodically in her power you would be able to see her phasing for a split second, and when you phase into view of the survivor would also be indicated to you as the Spirit, and how often you phase could be changed via addons. This way you could fake out a survivor by moving one way around a loop, for example, but then you actually double back survivor because they thought you were going that way...that was very badly worded but there would be your actual mindgames. The survivor actually has some information to make a guess instead of having nothing. It would also kinda remind me of Hisako from Killer Instinct, who's my favourite videogame character of all time.

    Hell even if they only made her move the grass she was phasing on that'd be fine with me. If she had literally any kind of visual indication (Or a good audio indication although this might make her too weak) I wouldn't be complaining.

  • I play spirit and she is braindead easy and she is no fun to go against either.

  • I don't believe she's skill-less entirely. I think the part that's the most annoying about her is her passive jittering thing. That just seems really unnecessary, it's not like the spirit needs passive jittering. If you can get the intervals of when that happens down, it's like a psuedo-skill mindgame. And even if you can't, it's still really annoying.

    Otherwise, I think the spirit is fine. There are plenty of ways to mindgame her, and now that you can always tell when she's phasing, it's a lot less annoying and a lot more skill-based during chases.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214463#Comment_1214463

    Stridor doesn't negate Iron Will so there is no reason to run it.. if they aren't using IW you can hear them, if they are running IW you won't hear them with or without Stridor. Pointless perk.

    Regular breathing is up 25%

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214478#Comment_1214478

    Go try it in KYF then, I've ran Stridor multiple times vs Iron Will users in pub matches and didn't hear anything. A long time ago, you could faintly hear IW with Stridor.. now.. nothing

    Sounds are buggy most of the time. IIRC Stridor was bugged until recently. Right now at the moment, it usually works how it is supposed to: You hear IW users with Stridor-Spirit (at 50%).

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I've tried to main spirit for the past month, and imo, she is hard to master. Because you can't see the survivors or their auras while phasing, you need to rely on audio and small details of, for example, grass whilst predicting where the survivor will go.

    Though, recently when I played a normal spirit game, I won a really close match with a swf (1 gen left and it was a 16 minute game) and the survivors kept abusing the endgame chat because, and I quote:

    "Stop playing such a skilless character and go play a normal killer, you rank 6 boosted ape cun*"

    It seems like on the survivor's perspective, spirit is just a free win once you start playing her, not even try to practice. All her add-ons are "op" and her power is "completely broken and needs a rework". I'll be honest, these survivors could lose against any killer because they were ######### around instead of doing their objective and such, so I don't understand, should I not rely on their mistakes and win? Should I just let them leave?

    So, my question is, for you, as a player, do you think that spirit is completely skilless? Please let me know down below.

    Cheers!

    Before the spirit rework, I would agree with the statement that she is easy to pick up. Nowadays, since she lost a lot of the bs that she had, I would agree that she is decently difficult. Nothing like the nurse, but much harder to use.

  • Every killer requires some skill, none of them are completely skilless but it is true that spirit requires much less skill compared to most other killers, especially considering how powerful she is.

  • @Seanzu said:

    Spirit is a brainless killer, stick on stridor and there isn't a single thing survivors can do.

    Spine chill, Dead Hard, Iron will, Quick and Quiet, hold w, drop pallets early, walk away, Flashlight blind her if she tries to fake you. There's literally so much survivors can do vs her, also it's a team game your only job is to delay her as much as possible for your teammates to finish gens.

  • Spirit is my favourite killer, but she takes alot work to master, I've developed strats that work well in open maps but I struggle on indoor maps. She can cover ground really fast and rancor is a great perk I use it on all my killers. When used well she is top tier but hardly unbeatable or skill less I've lost plenty of times with her. You just got some salty players there. Some people take this all way too seriously.

  • Ever since they nerfed the brain dead prayer beads add on and gave her a vaulting animation I have no problem facing Spirit.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214593#Comment_1214593

    Hook survivor.

    Wait for survivor to get unhooked.

    Tunnel.

    Or use Make Your Choice.

    Phase back.

    Get your easy 1 hit down.

    Make your choice, yeah. Tunnel, nah.

  • All the people claiming stridor counters iron will lead me to believe that either my system is screwed, my headphones suck, or they have not used stridor in the last 6 months with each new sound bug. If I run stridor on any killer, survivors without iron will are ridiculously loud and survivors with it are dead silent. No sound at all.

  • @Seanzu said:

    Spirit is a brainless killer, stick on stridor and there isn't a single thing survivors can do.

    That's not a Spirit issue though, Stridor isn't even her perk

  • @Monika said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/144372/is-spirit-that-skilless

    See here's my issues with spirit that destroyed her skill cap. Stridor, and Predator. Tighter sprint trails and they always moan and such. Literally if they make noise it destroys the kill scap.

    Its not like nurse, where nurse is about constant prediction, and just having to read a survivor and react, where the spirit is "With these two perks, and pop and BBQ, you can now almost 4k every game even if they bring the things that counter her like iron will"

    Now of they have someone with Q&Q that's a whole new ballgame, but as a seasoned killer it's just about remembering who has it and what mind games they would play with it, as did they jump the pallet or bait the window. It turns into a lot of 50/50 chances that you can spike to a 75/25 leaning killer side with the right movements.

    Predator is an awful perk on literally all Killers. The tighter scratch marks mean they generally wont show up on walls or trees, you you wont see scratches unless you're right on their ass anyway

  • People who say she’s easy to play are the ones who run in a straight line from me.

  • People call it skill, but the fact is most is guessing games and guesses equal a type of luck. Guesses have calculated % of chance and should not be skill. It just becomes a joke to some people who know how to not be predictable.

  • She's not necessarily skill-less, but easy to use as long as survivors aren't running Iron-Will and/or Lightweight.

  • The bottom line is any killer requires infinite more skill than survivor. So I wouldnt lose sleep over what survivors say as to which killer you are using and whether they require skill or not.

  • @OniWantsUrLocation said:

    I had to play a lot with Huntress until I "mastered" her. A lot. Way more than nurse. So her skill ceiling is imo the highest in the game. With Spirit it was a little different. I played with her for a couple of hours ...and destroyed ppl with ease. You don't need to see the survivors. You just need to hear them. She's definitely weaker now, but she's still a killer with a low skill ceiling. 

    You can play whatever you want btw. Never let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do. 

    Any tips as to how to handle loops with such low movement speed? They just keep circling. If I try to get a hatchet on the pallet drop, they keep circling during the windup. Which gets them more loops. Don't throw? Pallet to the face.

    I'm a rank 1 killer. I use Freddy, Nurse, Hag, Doc. I feel like trying to learn the mechanics of a different killer you aren't comfortable with while at rank 1 is just asking for tbagging and other BMing.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I've tried to main spirit for the past month, and imo, she is hard to master. Because you can't see the survivors or their auras while phasing, you need to rely on audio and small details of, for example, grass whilst predicting where the survivor will go.

    Though, recently when I played a normal spirit game, I won a really close match with a swf (1 gen left and it was a 16 minute game) and the survivors kept abusing the endgame chat because, and I quote:

    "Stop playing such a skilless character and go play a normal killer, you rank 6 boosted ape cun*"

    It seems like on the survivor's perspective, spirit is just a free win once you start playing her, not even try to practice. All her add-ons are "op" and her power is "completely broken and needs a rework". I'll be honest, these survivors could lose against any killer because they were ######### around instead of doing their objective and such, so I don't understand, should I not rely on their mistakes and win? Should I just let them leave?

    So, my question is, for you, as a player, do you think that spirit is completely skilless? Please let me know down below.

    Cheers!

    Not at all. I had a hell of a time until I learned her. I can think of a few I'd say require little skill,but people probably wouldn't agree because everyone is different. I don't really see much difference between her and Billy's chainsaw,for what it's worth...just Billy can actually,ya know...see. Depends on what perks you use too I guess. I use Rancor,Haunted Ground,Thrilling Tremors,and Bitter Murmor. Don't feel like that's OP lol.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1215922#Comment_1215922

    Predator is an awful perk on literally all Killers. The tighter scratch marks mean they generally wont show up on walls or trees, you you wont see scratches unless you're right on their ass anyway

    In a chase sense, I think it actually benefits her pretty strongly, yeah the thing that sucks is you can't find them as easy. But that's compensated by things like BBQ, and what ever other 4th perk you feel ya want. I actually use it on spirit quite a bit and the thing I really like about it is it can really tell yoi weather or nor they stopped sooner to begin walking, or when or where they took a turn or if there was also another survivor to keep from jumbling up scratch marks all over each other making it a mess to find one another.


    From my use it has its benefits and it's downsides on her, but I've also gained a good bit of benefit from it.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I've tried to main spirit for the past month, and imo, she is hard to master. Because you can't see the survivors or their auras while phasing, you need to rely on audio and small details of, for example, grass whilst predicting where the survivor will go.

    Though, recently when I played a normal spirit game, I won a really close match with a swf (1 gen left and it was a 16 minute game) and the survivors kept abusing the endgame chat because, and I quote:

    "Stop playing such a skilless character and go play a normal killer, you rank 6 boosted ape cun*"

    It seems like on the survivor's perspective, spirit is just a free win once you start playing her, not even try to practice. All her add-ons are "op" and her power is "completely broken and needs a rework". I'll be honest, these survivors could lose against any killer because they were ######### around instead of doing their objective and such, so I don't understand, should I not rely on their mistakes and win? Should I just let them leave?

    So, my question is, for you, as a player, do you think that spirit is completely skilless? Please let me know down below.

    Cheers!

    If you are good with her, you should be winning 80-90% of your games. She's just a harder killer to master, but once you do, the reward is really high. The nurse has the same issue, but her difficulty to master is much higher. Stop listening to what survivors who never play killer think.

  • @rhodamia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214471#Comment_1214471

    Any tips as to how to handle loops with such low movement speed? They just keep circling. If I try to get a hatchet on the pallet drop, they keep circling during the windup. Which gets them more loops. Don't throw? Pallet to the face.

    I'm a rank 1 killer. I use Freddy, Nurse, Hag, Doc. I feel like trying to learn the mechanics of a different killer you aren't comfortable with while at rank 1 is just asking for tbagging and other BMing.

    Really ignores the premise of the thread but I don't mind xd

  • *spine chill has entered the chat*

  • Obviously requires skill, but a lot less than other killers, and also has pretty much no counters, just guessing.

    I have like 10 hours on her and can manage to win matches that i would likely have lost with other killers

  • @OniWantsUrLocation said:

    I had to play a lot with Huntress until I "mastered" her. A lot. Way more than nurse. So her skill ceiling is imo the highest in the game. With Spirit it was a little different. I played with her for a couple of hours ...and destroyed ppl with ease. You don't need to see the survivors. You just need to hear them. She's definitely weaker now, but she's still a killer with a low skill ceiling. 

    You can play whatever you want btw. Never let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do. 

    Just wanted to comment on this...

    You should keep in mind that if you played Huntress first then of course it will be harder, because you are learning basic killer AND Huntress at the same time. If you did this before switching to Spirit it may seem like she is better than she is because you already have the basics down, and you already have experience playing as a 110 killer.

    When Ghostface came out I was already a rank 1 killer, and I performed very well with him from the start because I already knew what I was doing, I just had to learn Ghostface was all. But when I started playing killer way back when, as Billy, I had to learn everything and it was significantly harder. So now, pretty much any 115 killer I will already be playing well enough to dominate most teams, it's just a matter of learning the new killer's power (also 110 killers because I main Spirit and used to main Huntress, so Deathslinger felt rather easy for me).

    IMO Spirit is the killer where you can get seriously overconfident. If you think you are good with her, play enough at high ranks and eventually you get survivors that will make every read and not fall for a single trick. Then you will know how good of a Spirit you really are because you will get crushed, since you assumed you were good with her since a vast majority of survivors over think the counter play and make dumb decisions, which leads to an easy catch.

    What you mean to say is she has a low skill FLOOR, as in the barrier for entry is lower. But her skill ceiling (eg. how good you can possibly get) is as high as any other killer barring probably Huntress.

    A low skill ceiling is old Legion, where you can quickly reach the maximum potential of the character.

1 2 ›