Fix slugging for the 4k

The practice of slugging the third person and waiting out the bleed out timer to try to ensure there's no hatch escape is completely killer sided and lacks counterplay.

The game won't end normally with two survivors left and all the options for the last survivor only appear after the third one is dead.

I think that doubling or tripling the bleed out timer when there are only two survivors left would do wonders because it actually puts pressure on the killer to hook instead of leaving them slugged. And it makes the game end faster when the killer holds the game hostage by waiting out the bleed out timer when the last two survivors are both are slugged

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • The hatch is what needs fixed. Not the slug for 4k

  • Just use Unbreakable or No Mither, next question.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111189#Comment_1111189

    Not really sure why Killers feel so entitled to a 4k, there should always be a chance for a survivor to escape, even if its not that high. The hatch mechanics by themselves are still killer sided because all killers have faster movement speed so they can cover more ground searching for it

    "I'm not sure why Killers feel so entitled for a 4K". How is that any different from Survivors feeling entitled to escape? Slugging for the 4K isn't bad. Sure, it can be boring to wait out the timer, but the Killer is simply doing their role in the game: Kill the survivors.


    I personally play both sides, so I've both done and been victim to slugging for the 4K, and I've never really had a problem with it. It's just a strategy for Killers to get their jobs done. And actually, there is counterplay. S4 (Survivor 4) can do gens. If the Killer doesn't camp by S3, then S4 can complete gens. Meanwhile if the Killer doesn't camp S3, then S4 can go and pick him up off the ground.

  • It's tough when the majority of the time you have to rely on others not to get slugged 10 seconds into the game. I went against a leather face who hooked no one because the survivors I played with were idiots and all were down In less than 60 seconds with 5 gens left to do. He just waited till we all bled out.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111360#Comment_1111360

    The hatch is earned. You have to track it down before the killer and if the killer finds it first they can close it.

    Unless you have a key, a hatch escape is an accomplishment.

    Hatch isn't earned, it exists to end the game.

  • Killers are not entitled to a 4k and the last survivor isn't entitled to the hatch.

    As for there being no counterplay, that is entirely down to your build, the items you carry and if you decide to camp the hatch or go help out the downed survivor, there is counterplay but maybe part of that counterplay isn't both of you escaping.

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111254#Comment_1111254

    How are the hatch mechanics killer sided when it's survivors who can open the hatch with a key, or just jump in in front of the killer and they can't grab you. Although, I am curious if the cowboy can harpoon you while jumping in. That would be hilarious!

    I'm trying to find the video. I believe tru3 did it yesterday. I don't think I imagined that. Can't recall if it broke the animation or the survivor was standing on it.

  • It is debatable and I can see why survivors aren't happy. Slugging a survivor is a necessity to shift the match. Since a person will NOT have time to always hook a player, especially under a De Pip Squad.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Killers need to learn, that they not deserve to get 4k.

    They do if they've managed to completely destroy the last 3 survivors. What is it with entitled survivor mains demanding they get a free escape after losing to the killer.

  • Haha its a versus game. Why do people think that killers should let survivors escape, or that survivors should let killers get their kills? You want to escape? Earn it. You want to get kills? Earn it.

    Slugging is a good counter to DS and hatch. If you want slugging to be fixed, then get rid of the issues that cause slugging to be an issue. I don't want DS or hatch gone, and I don't want slugging gone.

  • @gatsby said:

    The practice of slugging the third person and waiting out the bleed out timer to try to ensure there's no hatch escape is completely killer sided and lacks counterplay.

    The game won't end normally with two survivors left and all the options for the last survivor only appear after the third one is dead.

    I think that doubling or tripling the bleed out timer when there are only two survivors left would do wonders because it actually puts pressure on the killer to hook instead of leaving them slugged. And it makes the game end faster when the killer holds the game hostage by waiting out the bleed out timer when the last two survivors are both are slugged

    You can make that bleed out timer 10 minutes you'll always get slugged for the 4k with how red rank killers need the 4k for a pip. Usually the Killers doing it have done it because either they want the 4k or they need it to pip. Either way it's the same thing.

  • @gatsby said:

    The practice of slugging the third person and waiting out the bleed out timer to try to ensure there's no hatch escape is completely killer sided and lacks counterplay.

    The game won't end normally with two survivors left and all the options for the last survivor only appear after the third one is dead.

    I think that doubling or tripling the bleed out timer when there are only two survivors left would do wonders because it actually puts pressure on the killer to hook instead of leaving them slugged. And it makes the game end faster when the killer holds the game hostage by waiting out the bleed out timer when the last two survivors are both are slugged

    Not sure why after winning a game with the odds stacked against them, killers think I shouldn't be given my freebie consolation prize. Totally unfair that they can beat me and my team, and I don't get to escape anyways.

  • How is it killer sided? Because they have the ability to close the hatch?

  • @StuMacher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111280#Comment_1111280

    I'm trying to find the video. I believe tru3 did it yesterday. I don't think I imagined that. Can't recall if it broke the animation or the survivor was standing on it.

    True closed the hatch before they could jump in, that's all that happened. He was right there before it even opened... What wasn't fair? Are you saying once the hatch opens, your entitled to a free escape and the killer is absolutely powerless?? 😂

  • @TrashKate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111396#Comment_1111396

    Dude, trash killer will keep slugging no matter what, but it will obviously get reduced but not "tremendously" I would say moderately

    Tremendously as 2 seconds on certain add-ons you know, standard BHVR.

  • Holding games hostage in its own is reportable. Itd be best to just report that person and move on

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111189#Comment_1111189

    Not really sure why Killers feel so entitled to a 4k, there should always be a chance for a survivor to escape, even if its not that high. The hatch mechanics by themselves are still killer sided because all killers have faster movement speed so they can cover more ground searching for it

    Not sure why Survivors feel so entitled to a escape. Your team didn't finish a single gen and only 2 people are left alive? You better believe I'm going to slug for the 4k, you don't deserve to escape at that point, your team already lost you are simply dragging it out by hiding in lockers waiting for the hatch to spawn.

  • Wow. Hatch isn't a broken mechanic. If you don't find it as killer, survivor escapes. If you don't find it as survivor, congrats you can take your chances with the doors. The hatch is literally a tool to keep endgame pressure intense. I don't slug to avoid the hatch closing. I really enjoy the hunt for it and tension it builds knowing I might lose that one survivor.

  • @gatsby said:

    The practice of slugging the third person and waiting out the bleed out timer to try to ensure there's no hatch escape is completely killer sided and lacks counterplay.

    The game won't end normally with two survivors left and all the options for the last survivor only appear after the third one is dead.

    I think that doubling or tripling the bleed out timer when there are only two survivors left would do wonders because it actually puts pressure on the killer to hook instead of leaving them slugged. And it makes the game end faster when the killer holds the game hostage by waiting out the bleed out timer when the last two survivors are both are slugged

    Lacks counter play? So, the slug isn't allowed to heal up to 98%(Or whatever it is) then crawl to a place the killer likely won't find them, but the 4th survivor who can see them could run over, heal them up, and then they both get away? That.. that's not possible? At all? Unbreakable for the slug to get themself up when the killer is hunting the 4th? That's not a counter play?


    Also, last week you were complaining about slugging, and said the bleed out timer should be shorted so you can die and leave without having to DC and incur the DC penalty. Now you want it doubled or tippled? Is there supposed to be a button you can toggle for which bleed out timer you get? "I don't like this slugging, so I want to die faster" and then the next game "This killer slugged me to hunt the 4th, so I want to die slower.. 3 times slower!"

    I'm becoming more and more convinced you're just trolling now for attention.

  • Just remember, slugging wont be nerfed, a killer would be made whose power will allow him to hook without triggering DS BT

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Or fix the the inherently flawed hatch mechanic, so killers are not forced to slug to get all 4 survivors.

    What's the inherently flawed hatch mechanic? That it can be opened with a key? EGC is a huge advantage to killers now from what used to be the hatch stand off survivor advantage. I don't even try to find hatch if I'm the last person alive because the killer is faster than I am, and chances are the killer found my last surviving teammate camping the hatch, waiting for me to die. I go to the door and hope they spawn far enough away that there's a chance I can get the door open if I guessed right.

  • The counter play is hiding

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111360#Comment_1111360

    The hatch is earned. You have to track it down before the killer and if the killer finds it first they can close it.

    Unless you have a key, a hatch escape is an accomplishment.

    The hatch without a key is pure luck, if you have a key, you can try and tack where the killer was, almost making it more of an accomplishment.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111189#Comment_1111189

    Not really sure why Killers feel so entitled to a 4k, there should always be a chance for a survivor to escape, even if its not that high. The hatch mechanics by themselves are still killer sided because all killers have faster movement speed so they can cover more ground searching for it

    Not sure why you feel entitled to an guaranteed escape

    *gasp*


    See how that road went both ways little one ?

  • @gatsby said:

    The practice of slugging the third person and waiting out the bleed out timer to try to ensure there's no hatch escape is completely killer sided and lacks counterplay.

    The game won't end normally with two survivors left and all the options for the last survivor only appear after the third one is dead.

    I think that doubling or tripling the bleed out timer when there are only two survivors left would do wonders because it actually puts pressure on the killer to hook instead of leaving them slugged. And it makes the game end faster when the killer holds the game hostage by waiting out the bleed out timer when the last two survivors are both are slugged

    Or just get rid of hatch

  • Yet when a swf abuses god loops, tbag, flashlight, DS, unbreakable, and all the meta perks and addons it's all good. Survivors dont care about your fun so why should I care about slugging you 🤷‍♀️

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Or fix the the inherently flawed hatch mechanic, so killers are not forced to slug to get all 4 survivors.

    Killers aren't forced to slug. They choose to, because God forbid 1 survivor escape, and deny them the precious 4k that they just have to have.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111189#Comment_1111189

    Not really sure why Killers feel so entitled to a 4k, there should always be a chance for a survivor to escape, even if its not that high. The hatch mechanics by themselves are still killer sided because all killers have faster movement speed so they can cover more ground searching for it

    👍

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111212#Comment_1111212

    Killers are not entitled to the 4k, but they are entitled to maximize their shot at it.

    Both sides should have to work hard to achieve their goal. No short cuts. Just an honest hard fought match..

  • @CrassardStreams said:

    Winning is all 4 escape or all 4 dead. 2 either way is a draw. You and I have very different definitions of winning, yours is closer to farming.

    A lot of people feel differently about that. I only consider it a loss if all 4 escape. That's just me though. We're trying to please the entity.

  • @evil_one_74 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111189#Comment_1111189

    Killers aren't forced to slug. They choose to, because God forbid 1 survivor escape, and deny them the precious 4k that they just have to have.

    God forbid a survivor doesn't get a free escape.

    See? It works both ways, except my way is more logical and less entitled. :D

  • @gatsby said:

    The practice of slugging the third person and waiting out the bleed out timer to try to ensure there's no hatch escape is completely killer sided and lacks counterplay.

    The game won't end normally with two survivors left and all the options for the last survivor only appear after the third one is dead.

    I think that doubling or tripling the bleed out timer when there are only two survivors left would do wonders because it actually puts pressure on the killer to hook instead of leaving them slugged. And it makes the game end faster when the killer holds the game hostage by waiting out the bleed out timer when the last two survivors are both are slugged

    Look i mostly play survivor because killer is frustrating asf to play. But thats just wrong, slugging doesnt feel that bad to me because I once tried to play killer and it is completely disgusting once u break thru green ranks sp although it may be boring to be left on the floor or to have the killer follow u even though the game is lost but the killer deserves as good of a chance to kill you as the chance we as survivor have to escape, and the hatch is basically saying "we as a bad team lost before all the generators were completed but now I shall leave through this handy dandy doortrap because well... u didnt try hard enough" that ######### feels disgusting so slugging is very reasonable if NOT slugging leads to that bullshit... mind u, I only have about 100hrs over youso i cant rly take u as a baby but u cant whine like this cuz hatch is bs and killers want the 4k because they are KILLERS thats what they are supposed to do

  • @evil_one_74 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111189#Comment_1111189

    Killers aren't forced to slug. They choose to, because God forbid 1 survivor escape, and deny them the precious 4k that they just have to have.

    goal is to kill survivors. Why do you deny the fact that THAT is his goal? why should he let a survivor out?

  • @projecteulogy said:

    So basically, yall are saying that they need to remove the hatch so killers can get an easy 4k almost every time if the survivors don't repair ALL the gens and open the exit gates? lol.. All jokes aside, you're all complaining about SWFs. End of story really.

    I can SORTA see the argument from the killers perspective vs SWFs. But again, you guys don't give two ######### about SOLO players or even NEW players trying to get their bearings in the game. The hatch is needed because it gives survivors a 2nd option. Especially if the game gets dumpstered really fast due to DCs and/or survivor suicides. Because the other 3 survivors didn't do anything, afked, or suicide/dc I don't at least get an attempt to escape? Yup. Enjoy that infinite killer queue. The survivor pbase would vanish overnight. Promise!

    I have never and will probably never see a suggestion for the hatch that isn't killer sided. This thread is a good example of that. There's only 2 perks you can personally take that counter slugging. Unbreakable and No Mither are the only 2 personal counters to getting slugged. Everything else requires another person. No other perks assist in countering getting personally slugged. No Mither just makes the game harder for you since taking Dead Hard is just a meme since server latency even in the mid-low 80s is all but useless. Unbreakable is a one time deal and if you're slugged super early with 1 or 2 gens done.. No thanks. I'd rather take 4 hex perks and have all 4 of them spawn in a cluster out in the open.

    I don't care about the DC penalty. Ban me. If you slug me for the 4k and you're just going to let me bleed out, i'm going to DC. I'm tired of seeing people crying about game mechanics when they abuse ######### like slugging just so they can 4k and odds are, black pip and not even get anywhere near ranking up.

    If my fun isn't your responsibility, then neither is yours. Fun is subjective, but if you're going to intentionally ruin another players game experience, don't complain about getting a toxic response. That's like robbing a store and thinking their wont be repercussions. None of you know what "gg" actually means. If you did, you wouldn't be playing like asshats.

    You sound like an entitled survivor who gets mad because someone slugged you, my objective every time I sign in is to make your experience awful. I paid my money and NO your game experience isn’t my problem nor is it anyone’s problem. The sooner you get that through your head the better, I will teabag your dead body, I will camp your hook, I will tunnel each person I find, I want the other players experience to be as awful as possible.

  • @evil_one_74 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111224#Comment_1111224

    Both sides should have to work hard to achieve their goal. No short cuts. Just an honest hard fought match..

    Sure, that makes sense to me.

  • @helix43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111286#Comment_1111286

    They do if they've managed to completely destroy the last 3 survivors. What is it with entitled survivor mains demanding they get a free escape after losing to the killer.

    They don't, that's like a survivor getting downed and hooked in the exit gate saying they're entitled to escape just because they made it to the gate. Or even just because they finished all the generators. No one is entitled to a kill until they get it, just like no one is entitled to an escape until they've actually escaped.

    If anything I want the hatch to be even more luck based. Get rid of it spawning before it opens entirely so no one can get it and get it because someone suicides on hook/DCs and they're waiting on top of it, make it entirely first come first serve and rework keys to do something else. Of course, this probably can't happen because key-escape achievement(s) exist.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111360#Comment_1111360

    The hatch is earned. You have to track it down before the killer and if the killer finds it first they can close it.

    Unless you have a key, a hatch escape is an accomplishment.

    Scenario; 2 survivors are on hook, 1 dead, and 1 healthy. Healthy survivor finds hatch. Waits patiently for 2 survivors to go from first stage to sacrifice then he escapes, did he earn it?


    Only asking because that scenario has happened to me more than once (I was on hook). Killer was not camping.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111372#Comment_1111372

    Scenario; 2 survivors are on hook, 1 dead, and 1 healthy. Healthy survivor finds hatch. Waits patiently for 2 survivors to go from first stage to sacrifice then he escapes, did he earn it?

    Only asking because that scenario has happened to me more than once (I was on hook). Killer was not camping.

    I've done that. It was for the get two hatch escapes with a key challenge. Once I did it in normal gamplay, it was super clutch. But the second time I just let teammates die and played super immersed.

  • If slugging is a problem, bring Unbreakable. That’s the counter. Survivors don’t earn hatch. You have as much chance finding it as killers do. Maybe more so when you factor in maps and Left Behind.

  • I personally love being slugged for 4 mins so a killer can satisfy themselves with a 4k. Idk how anyone has a problem with it. Just use Unbreakable; if he finds you again he definitely won't slug you again!

  • @Wicked_Django said:

    If slugging is a problem, bring Unbreakable. That’s the counter. Survivors don’t earn hatch. You have as much chance finding it as killers do. Maybe more so when you factor in maps and Left Behind.

    The thing is, people say "bring unbreakable" if the killer is slugging. They say "bring DS" if the killer is tunneling, they say "bring BT" if the killer is camping....then minutes later everyone is complaining about survivors running all these perks.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Killers need to learn, that they not deserve to get 4k.

    And survivors need to learn that they do not deserve to escape. So we are back at square one. Thanks for participating, have a nice day.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1112228#Comment_1112228

    The thing is, people say "bring unbreakable" if the killer is slugging. They say "bring DS" if the killer is tunneling, they say "bring BT" if the killer is camping....then minutes later everyone is complaining about survivors running all these perks.

    People also say that killers should pressure the map but complain like children when that pressure comes from slugging. So miss me with this logic. The fact is, everything has a counter. Whether it's a perk. An item. Or just being someone who actually knows how to play. The latter obviously being rare on the forums.

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111286#Comment_1111286

    And survivors need to learn that they do not deserve to escape. So we are back at square one. Thanks for participating, have a nice day.

    I wouldn't have too much of a problem with slugging for the 4k if it weren't for the fact that killers will sometimes slug survivors for 4 full minutes before they finally bleed out. Unbreakable? You or the other survivor will be found again, downed and slugged again... further prolonging an already won game (for the killer). Healed? Same thing will happen again.

    OP's suggestion of survivors bleeding out faster is therefore great. It lets everyone including the slugged survivor carry on with their day and move on. No one wants to be slugged for 4 straight mins.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1112278#Comment_1112278

    I wouldn't have too much of a problem with slugging for the 4k if it weren't for the fact that killers will sometimes slug survivors for 4 full minutes before they finally bleed out. Unbreakable? You or the other survivor will be found again, downed and slugged again... further prolonging an already won game (for the killer). Healed? Same thing will happen again.

    OP's suggestion of survivors bleeding out faster is therefore great. It lets everyone including the slugged survivor carry on with their day and move on. No one wants to be slugged for 4 straight mins.

    Exactly it's boring as hell. I understood it with the old hatch which was a free escape for the survivor but with the new EGC there's no need to, killers have a much higher chance of finding the hatch first since they move faster and can move freely without needing to stealth about. On top of that they get priority and can close the hatch before the survivor can jump in if both are stood on top of it.

    Way I proposed it...

    Survivors have a bleedout button. When activated survivors bleedout at 2 x speed unless it is pressed again. This still gives the killer 2 minutes to get the other survivor, and even if they don't they still have a killer sided hatch now.

    While the survivor is bleeding out their aura is revealed to the killer. That way if they can't find the other survivor they can find this slug and get the points from them and then look for the hatch.

    Hell you could even have the survivor unable to crawl in that situation if it wasn't enough for the killers.

    This way the killer won't lose a slug and that survivor only has to wait 2 mins before being allowed to join a new game.

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1111736#Comment_1111736

    True closed the hatch before they could jump in, that's all that happened. He was right there before it even opened... What wasn't fair? Are you saying once the hatch opens, your entitled to a free escape and the killer is absolutely powerless?? 😂

    Must have been my lying eyes. Could've sworn he nabbed a Dwight on the hatch

    Now you check your lying eyes. Where did I make an implication that it wouldn't be fair? Now I do feel entitled. Entitled to an apology for your inability to read before attempting to refer to me as entitled lol.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Or fix the the inherently flawed hatch mechanic, so killers are not forced to slug to get all 4 survivors.

    as long as mori exists hatch is balanced

  • Learn when to be Altruistic and not to be

    Use Unbreakable.

    Recover much as possible and crawl far away as possible

1 2 3