PLEASE! KILLERS! DON'T LOBBY DODGE!

I thought queue times were fixed the day of the update, but yesterday it all went back, 10+ mins waiting as survivor and less than 1 min for killer.

As a Rank 1 killer and Rank 2 survivor I politely ask you NOT TO LOBBY DODGE, you need to learn to play against everyone, and don't come to me with your:

"WoUlDn'T yOu dOdGe A LoBbY whErE...?"

The answer is NO, I don't dodge lobbies, the only justifiable reasons to lobby dodge is Ping and knowing a guy in the game that you have played against and you know he is a toxic player or a DCer, any other reasons are just lame excuses...

In game DCing is another issue, don't get lost from the thread please... Not getting a good map, matchmaking problems and bugs are not part of this thread.

Edit:

I'm not trying to force people not to dodge, I'm just politely asking for people to avoid as much as they can lobby dodging, people dodge out of the dumbest things nowdays like "I don't like facing Davids" or "Matchmaking is broken, if I see 2 toolboxes they must be red ranks". I'm not talking about in game DCing, but about actual lobby dodging, it's not wrong to dodge a lobby every now and then, but not 5/6 games until you get to play aginst no SWF Dwights with no items, hehehe. Get my point?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • No. If I don't like my odds, I'm leaving.

  • I'm not going against SWF with a key as demo. Fun for them, not so much for me.

  • I dodge immediately with no mercy if I even remotely suspect its a SWF on voice group.

  • I've started to lobby dodge now because of sweaty swf lobbies making the game less fun.

    I've just lobby dodged one because in the last few seconds, 2 flashlights and a med pack appeared on 3 survivors. I wasn't going into it.

    Few games before that, I went into the game and I wish I hadn't. 2 toolboxes, 1 flashlight and 1 medpack. Gen rushing lobby wasn't the word on Lampkin Lane map. Let's just say it wasn't a fun match.


    I've started to back out of some lobbies that only show 4x ps4 users or 4x others. I usually only ready up now with a mix.

  • I will dodge SWF lobbies as much as possible.

  • If anything I think I don't lobby dodge enough when I play killers.

  • if i see a key and i don't feel like dealing with that crap i dodge, and until keys are nerfed i'll continue doing that thanks.

  • After getting a not so fun lobby again with flash lights and tool boxes. I think I will stop readying up with any users carrying items tbh. I think I will wait longer and get better lobbies than to go into sweaty lobbies.

    Getting beyond a joke now.

  • If I load into Midwich and see multiple Objects, I'm gonna DC.

  • Oh wow, I'm in this thread.

    I'm one of the only one's left :(

  • If I see key, a toolbox, and 2 flashlights with a 4 man swf, you bet I am dodging that lobby. If you dont want people dodging your lobby, dont run keys or 4 flashlights. On xbox there is no pre game chat :(

  • So I decided not to lobby dodge this time and It was such an awful match. I had 2 PC users using macro on the flashlight. Rapid clicking isn't the word. Back to lobby dodging again. As I write this I've just dodged 3 lobbies.

  • The lobbies let me know what I'm up against. Some lobbies I look at and go "no, I do not want to deal with that".

    As a wise man once said: "Sometimes you gotta look inside yourself and say 'what am I willing to put up with today?'"

    I go in to DBD with that mindset and sometimes have to say "Not, f*****g this".

  • I had 3 games in a row with SWF full meta perks, dead hard, object of obsession, borrowed time, decisive strike, you name it. Two of them were last second flashlight/key swaps. Flashlight around every corner so I could not pick up anyone and they were deliberately bming. Next game I see 3 flashlights and I really don't want to play that match, just maybe its because of reasons like this killers lobby dodge or quit playing for a while, hence the long queue times for survivors. Just a thought.

  • The ONLY time I will dodge a lobby is if it's a full 4 person Claudette squad. I don't care what a Survivor brings into a match, or if everyone brings an item. That's a challenge and fair, but I fear being tormented by a lobby that's deliberately playing immersed and not doing any gens for the next 30+ minutes.

    I'm a fragile flower and that's just my boundary 😥

  • I lobby dodge when making baseless grumpy old man assumptions about player's personalities based on the obnoxiousness of their player names.

    Sometimes I see a lobby of really stupid/racist/sexist player names and I think hmm potential lobby full of childish emotional #########, maybe I'll try again.

  • After learning how the game's "mmr" will handle swf (no better than 3 red ranks running with a 17 smurf to get easier to abuse killers) they have every right to dodge suspected swf still. Or to crash the game or close the app in console on the offerings screen especially when they see them stalling to 16 seconds swap out to their swf setup bs. You're just gonna have to deal with it, or waiting forever to get a lobby if the devs ever ruin dodging for kilelrs and don't put bot killers into the game to replace them. Talk tot he devs, don't hate the player hate the game the saying goes.

  • @SocialDistomancy said:

    After learning how the game's "mmr" will handle swf (no better than 3 red ranks running with a 17 smurf to get easier to abuse killers) they have every right to dodge suspected swf still. Or to crash the game or close the app in console on the offerings screen especially when they see them stalling to 16 seconds swap out to their swf setup bs. You're just gonna have to deal with it, or waiting forever to get a lobby if the devs ever ruin dodging for kilelrs and don't put bot killers into the game to replace them. Talk tot he devs, don't hate the player hate the game the saying goes.

    I'm hoping the game doesn't do what it's now with the MMR system. I don't want to see 3 red ranks and a brown rank survivor after MMR has been put in the game. I really don't have time for the devs to hide the true ranks of players from killers.

    Players can close their application before even hitting the offering screen if they see survivors swap all items at the 15 second marker.

    If the devs ruin dodging lobbies. It'd just put DC'ing through the roof. Players would just go afk through the game. They never put bot killers in the game. It'd be pointless and a win every time probably.


    It'd be nice if the devs actually got on a ps4 and played against a 4 man SWF sweaty lobby and they'll actually see how bad it actually is to play as the killer.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Everyone just exploding on this year old post and i'm not sure why.

    Cuz there's fresh meat in the forums and it's vocal <3

  • You have been temporarily....

    Let's just say I didn't lobby dodge and now lobby dodging is back on again. I wasn't paying attention when it readied up but this time I will be watching for these sweaty lobbies.

  • @Chordyceps said:

    The lobbies let me know what I'm up against. Some lobbies I look at and go "no, I do not want to deal with that".

    As a wise man once said: "Sometimes you gotta look inside yourself and say 'what am I willing to put up with today?'"

    I go in to DBD with that mindset and sometimes have to say "Not, f*****g this".

    The single greatest moment in their entire history.

  • @hocrux said:

    Come on man tell me you would not dodge lobby where everyone has the same outfit, why would i start a game when i know survivors trying to be toxic 😅

    I do the same thing, I will always lobby dodge if I play killer when the survivors all have toolboxes or flashlights or even wearing the same skin. One of the most unbalanced things in dbd when I play killer is for survivors with OP items wearing the same outfit running DS.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I didnt mention that we as killers are constantly having the odds stacked against us. The only thing we can do is lobby dodge. We cant even switch killers in lobby anymore..

    We can't switch killers because it's to do with the new matchmaking system they've created.

  • So first game of the day and I didn't lobby dodge. I wish I had lobby dodged it. If I could go back in time and dodge I would. Now, I'm back to lobby dodging again. No wonder the queue times for this game go up. Bad matchmaking straight away as soon as I'm on this game.

    Not even 1 balanced match for the first game.. Nothing like that. Just a straight up loss fest. Just thrown straight in with survivor 9,000's.

    I've played unbalanced and dead game but this has taken the no 1 spot on a dead game that is unbalanced. No1 of my life.

  • This is why killers lobby dodge.

    3 - yellow med pack and extra 8 charge

    4 - yellow tool box, 12 charges and increase speed

    8 - yellow medpack with healing speed x2

    2 - engineers toolbox with a brand new part and 8 charges.


    Why do we want to ready up a game where it's just gen rushing and escape as fast as they can. Where is the points I will get from that.

    Gladly I deranked 1 level. Le'ts hope by the end of today I will be back in purple ranks.

  • @AnnoyedAtTheGame said:

    This is why killers lobby dodge.

    3 - yellow med pack and extra 8 charge

    4 - yellow tool box, 12 charges and increase speed

    8 - yellow medpack with healing speed x2

    2 - engineers toolbox with a brand new part and 8 charges.

    Why do we want to ready up a game where it's just gen rushing and escape as fast as they can. Where is the points I will get from that.

    Gladly I deranked 1 level. Le'ts hope by the end of today I will be back in purple ranks.

    Unfortunately I don't think ranking down will help much, I've never even gotten to green or purple, still consistently face groups of at least 2 red ranked survivors. I've only been playing a couple months, only learned what prestige ranks unlocked so I know what outfits promise I'm going to have a bad time.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1914190#Comment_1914190

    Unfortunately I don't think ranking down will help much, I've never even gotten to green or purple, still consistently face groups of at least 2 red ranked survivors. I've only been playing a couple months, only learned what prestige ranks unlocked so I know what outfits promise I'm going to have a bad time.

    What are we suppose to do. Lose each match and score 5k points whilst the survivors get 20k points each because the devs refuse to sort out matchmaking. Devs are probably sat there playing Friday the 13th game. I'm guessing they can't be bothered to actually sort the SWF out and nerf them.

  • As soon as I get to red ranks I'll purposely derank out of it. I'll just play like I'm a really bad killer and pretend to lose chase everytime until I get out of red ranks.

  • @AnnoyedAtTheGame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1914212#Comment_1914212

    What are we suppose to do. Lose each match and score 5k points whilst the survivors get 20k points each because the devs refuse to sort out matchmaking. Devs are probably sat there playing Friday the 13th game. I'm guessing they can't be bothered to actually sort the SWF out and nerf them.

    I don't know. A friend of mine is considering the private server route for Friday 13th, I may just go back to that. I know at least 5 times in the last few weeks I've found myself literally at the splash screen about to choose "play as killer" and just decided why bother, better to play any other game.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    I thought queue times were fixed the day of the update, but yesterday it all went back, 10+ mins waiting as survivor and less than 1 min for killer.

    As a Rank 1 killer and Rank 2 survivor I politely ask you NOT TO LOBBY DODGE, you need to learn to play against everyone, and don't come to me with your:

    "WoUlDn'T yOu dOdGe A LoBbY whErE...?"

    The answer is NO, I don't dodge lobbies, the only justifiable reasons to lobby dodge is Ping and knowing a guy in the game that you have played against and you know he is a toxic player or a DCer, any other reasons are just lame excuses...

    In game DCing is another issue, don't get lost from the thread please... Not getting a good map, matchmaking problems and bugs are not part of this thread.

    Edit:

    I'm not trying to force people not to dodge, I'm just politely asking for people to avoid as much as they can lobby dodging, people dodge out of the dumbest things nowdays like "I don't like facing Davids" or "Matchmaking is broken, if I see 2 toolboxes they must be red ranks". I'm not talking about in game DCing, but about actual lobby dodging, it's not wrong to dodge a lobby every now and then, but not 5/6 games until you get to play aginst no SWF Dwights with no items, hehehe. Get my point?

    So when I saw what I presume to be a 4 man swf with 2 toolboxes, a map and a key I wasnt wasn't entitled to lobby dodge? As killer was my fun taken into consideration by them?

  • I've lobby dodged a few games today that had key and toolboxes. Feels good.

  • You can't stop me!

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123640/please-killers-dont-lobby-dodge

    then don't bring 2+ toolboxes or keys galore, bad enough ruin is nerfed we don't need toolboxes on top of it, heck because of the ruin change and how I know survivor Q times are at an all time high, if I suspect SWF I will dodge to be like "back to the Q with you" because the more survivors wait, they either quite, play killer and get bullied, then come to the forums and complain. then either BHVR will do 1 of 2 things

    1. make killer AI so that killers wont need to be buffed ever and they can just use AI killers in their games
    2. buff killers/ change the game to be bearable again even though new ruin is trash

    we warned you of the consequences of what would happen if ruin was nerfed, don't be mad at killers, be mad at BHVR for making this change

    Considering this is BHVR, they are more likely to remove the pre-game lobby (to prevent lobby dodging) than do anything else.

  • If they dodge there is something wrong in your team composition/skins/steam usernames.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    I thought queue times were fixed the day of the update, but yesterday it all went back, 10+ mins waiting as survivor and less than 1 min for killer.

    As a Rank 1 killer and Rank 2 survivor I politely ask you NOT TO LOBBY DODGE, you need to learn to play against everyone, and don't come to me with your:

    "WoUlDn'T yOu dOdGe A LoBbY whErE...?"

    The answer is NO, I don't dodge lobbies, the only justifiable reasons to lobby dodge is Ping and knowing a guy in the game that you have played against and you know he is a toxic player or a DCer, any other reasons are just lame excuses...

    In game DCing is another issue, don't get lost from the thread please... Not getting a good map, matchmaking problems and bugs are not part of this thread.

    Edit:

    I'm not trying to force people not to dodge, I'm just politely asking for people to avoid as much as they can lobby dodging, people dodge out of the dumbest things nowdays like "I don't like facing Davids" or "Matchmaking is broken, if I see 2 toolboxes they must be red ranks". I'm not talking about in game DCing, but about actual lobby dodging, it's not wrong to dodge a lobby every now and then, but not 5/6 games until you get to play aginst no SWF Dwights with no items, hehehe. Get my point?

    Don't give us a reason, lol

  • @AssassinZodiac said:

    I never lobby dodge. Also, prefer to go against good swf squads. I don't care for the toxicity, but love a challenge of facing "good" swf squads. This game gets way too boring facing 96% of the survivor base that are too scared to do gens. I used to be intimidated by swf crews like some of you guys in this thread. Once you get better at the game, you will appreciate being challenged.

    You guys will never hone your skills enough to face good swf crews as long as you keep dodging them.

    Sorry, but I don't see myself succeeding against a 4 SWF red rank lobby with my Trapper, nor my Wraith.

  • I’ll at least start and if I see toxicity from the very first survivor (teabaghing like crazy after one pallet) then I’ll just dc. Five minutes is nothing compared to what they have to wait through for their next match. Then I giggle a little. Fun times.

  • Honestly, when I’m learning a killer or getting his perks up to snuff, I’ll dodge all day long. I understand the sentiment that you don’t want us to dodge, but I also would like to have equal challenges as I’m trying to get up to a level of skills and perks that I feel are appropriate. As soon as I have a real build, I don’t dodge, because at that point I will have the tools available to actually be competitive, and my skills will soon follow. But until then, I can’t trust matchmaking enough to not dodge.

  • If you're bringing in keys, a map or a bunch of toolboxes I'm out, I'm not dealing with the BS I know is coming.

  • @AssassinZodiac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1915065#Comment_1915065

    Sure, you may lose, or lose badly if you are just wanting kills and 4ks. Just look at it as a learning experience, don't worry about kills if you are new and learning how to play and leveling up the killers perks. This game has a steep learning curve at first, but you will get the hang of it quicker than you might expect.

    Whenever my Trapper takes on a SWF lobby, a Survivor follows me around the entire time to defuse my traps the minute I set them.

    Even, honestly, it's not fun for me and my power is useless.

  • @AssassinZodiac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1915065#Comment_1915065

    Sure, you may lose, or lose badly if you are just wanting kills and 4ks. Just look at it as a learning experience, don't worry about kills if you are new and learning how to play and leveling up the killers perks. This game has a steep learning curve at first, but you will get the hang of it quicker than you might expect.

    Some people just want to play a game, not become the world championship of all gaming. It's not about 4k or whatever, but that a sweaty swf will just make the entire experience miserable as they suck all the fun out of it. It's better to AFK or DC those games and enjoy the potential depip of those SWF than try to play the game.

    Or just do the smarter thing: Lobby Dodge.

  • The only time I dodged a lobby is where there were 3 keys and all matching usernames.

  • @AssassinZodiac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1915065#Comment_1915065

    Sure, you may lose, or lose badly if you are just wanting kills and 4ks. Just look at it as a learning experience, don't worry about kills if you are new and learning how to play and leveling up the killers perks. This game has a steep learning curve at first, but you will get the hang of it quicker than you might expect.

    @AssassinZodiac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1915065#Comment_1915065

    Sure, you may lose, or lose badly if you are just wanting kills and 4ks. Just look at it as a learning experience, don't worry about kills if you are new and learning how to play and leveling up the killers perks. This game has a steep learning curve at first, but you will get the hang of it quicker than you might expect.

    lmfao, maybe just do duo and nothing more or accept the doge as a "learning experience" for yourself

  • @Carlosylu said:

    I thought queue times were fixed the day of the update, but yesterday it all went back, 10+ mins waiting as survivor and less than 1 min for killer.

    As a Rank 1 killer and Rank 2 survivor I politely ask you NOT TO LOBBY DODGE, you need to learn to play against everyone, and don't come to me with your:

    "WoUlDn'T yOu dOdGe A LoBbY whErE...?"

    The answer is NO, I don't dodge lobbies, the only justifiable reasons to lobby dodge is Ping and knowing a guy in the game that you have played against and you know he is a toxic player or a DCer, any other reasons are just lame excuses...

    In game DCing is another issue, don't get lost from the thread please... Not getting a good map, matchmaking problems and bugs are not part of this thread.

    Edit:

    I'm not trying to force people not to dodge, I'm just politely asking for people to avoid as much as they can lobby dodging, people dodge out of the dumbest things nowdays like "I don't like facing Davids" or "Matchmaking is broken, if I see 2 toolboxes they must be red ranks". I'm not talking about in game DCing, but about actual lobby dodging, it's not wrong to dodge a lobby every now and then, but not 5/6 games until you get to play aginst no SWF Dwights with no items, hehehe. Get my point?


    Okay gonna throw some reality n your face real quick..

    Why would anyone want to play killer if you can only play a handful of viable ones? What, just to constantly deal with terribly design maps like Haddonfield and above all else listen to the ego inflated survivors who are on a power high from going against a weak killer like wraith in the end game chat..oh Ntm be constantly nerfed by the devs to appease the survivor masses and leave meta perks like decisive strike unchanged..

    Does that sound appealing to you? Because it sure in the hell doesn’t for people who are new to the game.. that’s why there’s a huge amount of survivors than killers. Thank the community and the devs.

    And please get off your high horse and stop complaining about lobby dodging, because I know for a fact that survivors would instantly back out if they saw my ptg 3 nurse.

  • This needs a downvote to be on par with reddit quality

  • @AssassinZodiac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1915765#Comment_1915765

    I totally understand your point on swf sucking the fun out of playing killer. I started out back in 2017 and it was super frustrating at times, but really rewarding when everything finally started to come together as I improved. I've never been scared to take a loss. I never took playing any game serious enough to worry about 4ks or kills. As long as I get bloodpoints and have fun, that's all I care about. You can lobby dodge all you want, that's none of my business how you want to play the game you bought. I will stand by my point though, you will improve faster by going against good players than bad players. Good luck in your games

    I am not new. But, I only play "weak" killers. I have fun with the Trapper, the Wraith, the Pig, the Demogorgon, the Clown. Stronger killers, like the Spirit, the Nurse or the Hillbilly don't amuse me. And I like to play with all the advantages, not just the strong ones.

    You will understand that under these circumstances I can hardly do anything about SWF.

  • Killers shaking in their boots at my brown toolbox.

  • If I hop in a lobby and all 4 survivors change who they're playing, I'm going to hop back out.

  • Deal with it. They payed for the game and they can do as they please (other than hacking or exploiting). If they want to doge a 4 man SWF, then guess, what THEY CAN. If they want to doge a key team, then THEY CAN. Just deal with it.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028826#Comment_1028826

    Ahm... how do you know the ranks before the match ends...? If you dodged the lobby that was out of pure speculation man...

    you can tell by the skins

    the more colorfull, the more troll the survivor are

1 … 3 4 5 6