PLEASE! KILLERS! DON'T LOBBY DODGE!

I thought queue times were fixed the day of the update, but yesterday it all went back, 10+ mins waiting as survivor and less than 1 min for killer.

As a Rank 1 killer and Rank 2 survivor I politely ask you NOT TO LOBBY DODGE, you need to learn to play against everyone, and don't come to me with your:

"WoUlDn'T yOu dOdGe A LoBbY whErE...?"

The answer is NO, I don't dodge lobbies, the only justifiable reasons to lobby dodge is Ping and knowing a guy in the game that you have played against and you know he is a toxic player or a DCer, any other reasons are just lame excuses...

In game DCing is another issue, don't get lost from the thread please... Not getting a good map, matchmaking problems and bugs are not part of this thread.

Edit:

I'm not trying to force people not to dodge, I'm just politely asking for people to avoid as much as they can lobby dodging, people dodge out of the dumbest things nowdays like "I don't like facing Davids" or "Matchmaking is broken, if I see 2 toolboxes they must be red ranks". I'm not talking about in game DCing, but about actual lobby dodging, it's not wrong to dodge a lobby every now and then, but not 5/6 games until you get to play aginst no SWF Dwights with no items, hehehe. Get my point?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Nope i will dodge every key and suspicious 4man swf

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864702#Comment_1864702

    We are not afraid of them. We are sick of them. It boggles my mind that Survivors will cry ENDLESSLY about No One Escapes Death, shouting "tHeY aRe kIlLs yOu dIdN't eArN!11!" and then turn around and defend Keys, even going so far as to hypocritically say "The devs put them in the game, deal with it".

    Don’t lump me into that crowd. I’ve always been a vocal bone cleansing supporter. But moris are are a better equivalent to keys than NOED is, and I’m not against their use either.

  • Join a lobby with 4 fully pristiged survivors with coordinated skins, names, key, flashlight, toolbox, medkit, all ready to go? Yeah the last killer lobby dodged and I will too. I'm not going to indulge that SWF as a green/purple tier killer. I'm sure they waited a long time to get a lobby. Maybe take a hint to play killer a bit too to balance out the queues.

    Better to leave the lobby than DC or AFK in game, which is a jerk move.

  • @FleshTorpedo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028784#Comment_1028784

    They can wait longer. I get dc's way more frequently then I dc so, survivors can keep waiting. BHVR needs to fix their game if they want queues to go down.

    I agree with this. As a casual player who doesn’t play that frequently, I’m not interested in (nor do I have the time to) putting in hundreds of more hours so I can get slightly more competitive against 4-man sweat squads on comms with 1000’s of hours each (and still get crushed anyway). The solution is fixing matchmaking and balancing SWF, not forcing casual killers to suck it up and get crushed every other game because it’s so unbalanced. It’s not fun and it makes me not want to play at all

  • How else are you supposed to change killer? It's not like you can change them in lobby anymore, you gotta leave it for that.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123640/please-killers-dont-lobby-dodge

    The long delay for Killers isn't due to people dodging. It is due to there being a disparity in the healthy ratio of Killers to Survivors in your region. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now; it started after last month's update and they have been creeping up ever since.

    @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123640/please-killers-dont-lobby-dodge

    I think you’ll find that many killers aren’t dodging, they’re simply not bothering to log on during those peak periods. I’d rather play survivor, despite the long queue times.

    Sometimes it’s not a case of not knowing how to deal with strong survivors, simply that there’s no fun to be had whether a win or loss is achieved. Nobody logs on to play a video game for a miserable and stressful experience. There needs to be SOME fun.

    Uh... this thread is from January 2020. It's a year old. Some of this doesn't apply to a year ago, especially not the stuff that started "after last month's update."

    Yeah, holy necro, not sure why someone resurrected this.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864348#Comment_1864348

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864581#Comment_1864581

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864670#Comment_1864670

    Uh... this thread is from January 2020. It's a year old. Some of this doesn't apply to a year ago, especially not the stuff that started "after last month's update."

    Yeah, holy necro, not sure why someone resurrected this.

    Lol, I didn’t even notice.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864348#Comment_1864348

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864581#Comment_1864581

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864670#Comment_1864670

    Uh... this thread is from January 2020. It's a year old. Some of this doesn't apply to a year ago, especially not the stuff that started "after last month's update."

    Yeah, holy necro, not sure why someone resurrected this.

    I assume the guy who brought it back was simply reacting to the current Ques to get a Killer. :)

  • haha I figured. I mean, even most people who look at the date will probably forget it's now 2021. We're only ten days into the new year.

    @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864978#Comment_1864978

    I assume the guy who brought it back was simply reacting to the current Ques to get a Killer. :)

    Reading it, it seems he was talking about the poor matchmaking. I think even a year ago the matchmaking was pretty crap, too. I remember it getting really bad and staying bad around the time the Stranger Things chapter came out. (It seemed incredibly pointless to me to make a big deal of releasing a chapter for a popular series, bringing in new players, only to chase those new players away with some of the worst matchmaking I'd ever seen. Very bad timing on DbD's part. The matchmaking hadn't been great before, but it seemed to really nosedive right around then.)

    One of the big things that's changed since this thread was created (if I'm remembering correctly) is killers being locked in once they enter the queue. Pretty sure that wasn't the case a year ago, but now that it is, killers are left with fewer options since the amount they can prepare based on what they see in the lobby is drastically reduced. Wraith and Hag have little choice but to dodge flashlights. Killers can no longer equip Plague to counter medkits or Doc to counter a squad of Blendettes. Insulting killers for lobby dodging now would definitely be about trying to shame them into doing what's better for survivors, not what's best for the killer player. "You're a coward for dodging." Okay, great, but killer queues are instant while many survivors find themselves waiting, and a couple flimsy insults aren't going to dissuade killers from taking advantage of instant queues by having their pick of the litter with lobbies.

    🤦 Hmm, sorry, not sure if that paragraph I just wrote applies to anything anyone said to me, but I'm gonna leave it in anyway since I already wrote it.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864995#Comment_1864995

    haha I figured. I mean, even most people who look at the date will probably forget it's now 2021. We're only ten days into the new year.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1865005#Comment_1865005

    Reading it, it seems he was talking about the poor matchmaking. I think even a year ago the matchmaking was pretty crap, too. I remember it getting really bad and staying bad around the time the Stranger Things chapter came out. (It seemed incredibly pointless to me to make a big deal of releasing a chapter for a popular series, bringing in new players, only to chase those new players away with some of the worst matchmaking I'd ever seen. Very bad timing on DbD's part. The matchmaking hadn't been great before, but it seemed to really nosedive right around then.)

    One of the big things that's changed since this thread was created (if I'm remembering correctly) is killers being locked in once they enter the queue. Pretty sure that wasn't the case a year ago, but now that it is, killers are left with fewer options since the amount they can prepare based on what they see in the lobby is drastically reduced. Wraith and Hag have little choice but to dodge flashlights. Killers can no longer equip Plague to counter medkits or Doc to counter a squad of Blendettes. Insulting killers for lobby dodging now would definitely be about trying to shame them into doing what's better for survivors, not what's best for the killer player. "You're a coward for dodging." Okay, great, but killer queues are instant while many survivors find themselves waiting, and a couple flimsy insults aren't going to dissuade killers from taking advantage of instant queues by having their pick of the litter with lobbies.

    🤦 Hmm, sorry, not sure if that paragraph I just wrote applies to anything anyone said to me, but I'm gonna leave it in anyway since I already wrote it.

    I remember the Stranger Things disaster.

    What a horrible experience for new players. I also felt bad for the devs because of how much such a big screw up cost them so much new player retention.

  • If the lobby looks like I have no chance at having fun and getting bullied cause matchmaking hates me, then I will dodge that lobby. I'm a survivor main desperately trying to enjoy the killer side of the game.

  • Well since we're talking about it.

    Just had a lobby that was all PC with keys and maps. I am practicing Nurse. Not good at it so I expected to lose. Started game and found AFK player. Left them until the crows showed up and then hooked them. They almost die before they get a rescue as the gens are done. I down them again and eat a DS. In the lobby I get "u suk"

    Everything in my mind screamed at me to dodge that lobby and I was proven right. It's a killer instinct you develop. You know which games will be bad before you even start.

  • I will always Dodge when i See that the Survivor have 2 or more Toolboxes or when i see a Key. Also i Dodge when the Survivors have similaries Names so i know they are SwF


    I want to have fun and Not having Matches that Ends in 2 Minutes because Toolboxes makes the Gen Speed extreme fast or because i didnt want a Game where i destroy the Survivors and they are Like : " Nope lets use a broken ( still unnerfed ) Item so we still can escabe and the Killer didnt get enough Points to Rank Up even If he was better than us "

  • I dodge match if I think they are not going to be fun regardless of if I'm player or survivor. Your answer to "wouldn't you doge a lobby where?" is no except for others its yes. you don't need to learn to play against everyone, you never did you never will. The only people that need to learn to play against everyone are those who's goals require to play against everyone. the amount of justified reasons to dodge are not decided by you. If you want less killers to lobby dodge, play killer and don't lobby dodge.

  • Nobody complains when survivors exit a match mid-loading screen because of a Mori, but it's such a big deal when killers dodge because of a 4-man SWF with a key. Funny thing is that the same survivors who dodge are the ones that complain about dodging killers.

  • Op.


    So you want us to go in and give the swf an easy win?

    Why is everyone moanimg at the killer?

    Heres an idea. Get rid of comms. Lobbies sorted them. Easier fair matches.

  • Well when I see 3 tool boxes or medkits I see no reason not to dodge after all 10s matchakeing due to recent nerfs I see no reason not to doge a game where I know I'm not gonna have fun

  • @HulkHodn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028829#Comment_1028829

    Thats a joke right? Iam rank 11 and every game i get at least 2 red rank survivor. That has nothing to do with speculation.

    No this is just match making being broke it sometimes happens after a massive nerf to one side with minimal change to the other

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028768#Comment_1028768

    So you get the option to nope out of the match based on information. Survivors don't get similar information and you think it's unfair for them to decide their out. Double standard much? I'm not condoning DC's but you're doing exactly what they are. Just a bit earlier.

    I would agree with you but you can't change your killer based on the info you get what you gonna do as wraith that plays hit and run with 4 medkits

    Rather go to a new game at that point

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    Killers aren't the fun providers for survivors. Don't overdo it with keys & toolboxes, and you have good chances that you won't get dodged.

    I'm grateful for those people who still play killer. I'm not doing it atm.

    I can only play like 5 games a day before I get mad or bored dont you miss when you could play 10 and be like 1 more game well shame the game isn't making killers want to play anymore

  • haha lobby dodge go brrrrr

  • Killer players can't change killers in lobby. It can be expected to have some dodge to change killers.

    At least the survivor lobby doesn't remake each time.

  • If i see a key, i am out of the lobby in no time.

  • I am happy to learn that I scare the poor killers with my Worn-Out Tools or Camping Aid Kits and my nickname referring to the name of a survivor.

    They imagine a terrible Rank 1 SWF with a Commodius Toolbox and Brand New Part... while I'm a peon playing alone and clearing his inventory using the worst items and sometimes addons.

    I reiterate: the killers do not need to see the items brought by the survivors in the lobby, nor their nicknames.


  • @Carlosylu said:

    I thought queue times were fixed the day of the update, but yesterday it all went back, 10+ mins waiting as survivor and less than 1 min for killer.

    As a Rank 1 killer and Rank 2 survivor I politely ask you NOT TO LOBBY DODGE, you need to learn to play against everyone, and don't come to me with your:

    "WoUlDn'T yOu dOdGe A LoBbY whErE...?"

    The answer is NO, I don't dodge lobbies, the only justifiable reasons to lobby dodge is Ping and knowing a guy in the game that you have played against and you know he is a toxic player or a DCer, any other reasons are just lame excuses...

    In game DCing is another issue, don't get lost from the thread please... Not getting a good map, matchmaking problems and bugs are not part of this thread.

    Edit:

    I'm not trying to force people not to dodge, I'm just politely asking for people to avoid as much as they can lobby dodging, people dodge out of the dumbest things nowdays like "I don't like facing Davids" or "Matchmaking is broken, if I see 2 toolboxes they must be red ranks". I'm not talking about in game DCing, but about actual lobby dodging, it's not wrong to dodge a lobby every now and then, but not 5/6 games until you get to play aginst no SWF Dwights with no items, hehehe. Get my point?

    They hould just remove killer lobby view so dodging stops becoming an issue. Once keys are nerfed killers don't even need to see the lobby anymore. The main reason killers needed the lobby view was to prepare against whatever survivors were bringing in. Today that isn't as big an issue since flashlights were already nerfed and keys soon will be.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    Nope, I will dodge all lobbies that have two or more toolboxes.

    I will keep dodging lobbies until survivor stop dcing at the start of a match when they see it’s a killer they don’t like or when they stop dcing because I downed them first.

    Why are you afraid of toolboxes? Toolboxes got nerfed a long tie ago.


    Wait a minute. This is a thread necro.

  • People keep saying "this is a thread necro" as if this stuff isn't still relevant a year later when it absolutely, 100% is.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028774#Comment_1028774

    I got a better idea: Play against survivors who use toolboxes and keys to hone your skills.

    If survivors were given the ability to dodge killers, I wouldn't dodge a Ebony Mori, I wouldn't dodge an Iridescent Hatchet Huntress, I wouldn't dodge perma EW3 Myers, and so on.

    As the killer, you even see what the survivors are bringing in, use that to your advantage.

    The sad truth is that, you won't improve if you assume the worst every time you see something that makes your stomach fuzzy! :P

    WTH should killers, who already have a harder job than survivors, have to play even harder, just so they get faster games? That's such backwards thinking. Maybe if playing killer wasn't so stressful and UNFUN in the first place, we wouldn't be in this boat. But it's ok. Cause no matter what some poor dude is gonna play killer until they are so nerfed to the ground until BHVR fixes their game.

  • @tariousx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028824#Comment_1028824

    WTH should killers, who already have a harder job than survivors, have to play even harder, just so they get faster games? That's such backwards thinking. Maybe if playing killer wasn't so stressful and UNFUN in the first place, we wouldn't be in this boat. But it's ok. Cause no matter what some poor dude is gonna play killer until they are so nerfed to the ground until BHVR fixes their game.

    This post is from a year ago, funny how it came back to life, don't actually know why, hahahaha

  • I don't dodge lobbies, and it's my opinion that killers shouldn't be able to see survivor lobbies for this exact reason.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    People keep saying "this is a thread necro" as if this stuff isn't still relevant a year later when it absolutely, 100% is.

    LOL you are still afraid of toolboxes good sir?

    Try playing a Survivor match and bring a toolbox and see if it does you any good.

  • What would happen if Killers just dodged every lobby they didn't like the look of? And then DC on the matches where survivors are being aholes? If everyone did that the devs would have to do something right?

  • Didn't have to until some big-brained individual thought it was a good idea to turn off the ability to change/switch killer waiting for a lobby or in one.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    I thought queue times were fixed the day of the update, but yesterday it all went back, 10+ mins waiting as survivor and less than 1 min for killer.

    As a Rank 1 killer and Rank 2 survivor I politely ask you NOT TO LOBBY DODGE, you need to learn to play against everyone, and don't come to me with your:

    "WoUlDn'T yOu dOdGe A LoBbY whErE...?"

    The answer is NO, I don't dodge lobbies, the only justifiable reasons to lobby dodge is Ping and knowing a guy in the game that you have played against and you know he is a toxic player or a DCer, any other reasons are just lame excuses...

    In game DCing is another issue, don't get lost from the thread please... Not getting a good map, matchmaking problems and bugs are not part of this thread.

    Edit:

    I'm not trying to force people not to dodge, I'm just politely asking for people to avoid as much as they can lobby dodging, people dodge out of the dumbest things nowdays like "I don't like facing Davids" or "Matchmaking is broken, if I see 2 toolboxes they must be red ranks". I'm not talking about in game DCing, but about actual lobby dodging, it's not wrong to dodge a lobby every now and then, but not 5/6 games until you get to play aginst no SWF Dwights with no items, hehehe. Get my point?

    I dodge when i see names like "aids" "anus" "toxic" and more of those. You can also tell by some outfits that its a SWF

  • lmfao, just press them for more frequent double bp (not Too often, maybe for a weekend every other week or else it won't feel like an opportunity, it'll be taken for granted and not work any more) and then plays urvivor during those periods of time. It's more realistic than asking them to make killers fun for anybody that doesn't probably look like an actual psychokiller themselves while sweating all over the matches as killers just to keep up with all the shenanigans in patchnotes. What will get quicker change, for the better, stop buying dlcs with money,a nd just just buy the survivors through sharts... ignore the killers no matter how good a perk looks because you know they're gonna nerf anything that loosened up some constipation.

  • Map and key is one thing, but why do people dodge when they see a lot of medkits or tool boxes?

    I see a team stacked with just medkits or toolboxes I bring my good friend Franklin and start slapping everyone. Even at times if I see a key or map I'll just play with Franklin. Few things bring me more delight than sticking it to someone who burned a white ward.

  • @Skullgrind said:

    What would happen if Killers just dodged every lobby they didn't like the look of? And then DC on the matches where survivors are being aholes? If everyone did that the devs would have to do something right?

    I hope so not holding my breath


    I lobby dodge sometime but the game got to be so not fun on both side that I only play for daily and the rift when it there and I'm sure I'm not the only one it why wait times are so long because not fun as it use to be.

    and if there less killer mains playing or people willing to play killer then survivors wait time going to be longer.

  • Everyone just exploding on this year old post and i'm not sure why.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Everyone just exploding on this year old post and i'm not sure why.

    Its Monday night and people are bored and tired.

  • @Woot1234 said:

    Map and key is one thing, but why do people dodge when they see a lot of medkits or tool boxes?

    I see a team stacked with just medkits or toolboxes I bring my good friend Franklin and start slapping everyone. Even at times if I see a key or map I'll just play with Franklin. Few things bring me more delight than sticking it to someone who burned a white ward.

    I don't have Franklin's and I hate it when I am about to hook someone and a little turd decides to sabo before I could. Also, despite what people on here say, tool boxes still help speed up the game. They just don't allow you to do the whole gen. I find them all the time in chests and save them for the last two gens. They can make the difference between finishing a gen before the killer gets to me or not. Paired with Spine Chill, which I always run, it really gives a nice boost, it's great to have during solo play.

  • 2 keys and a map bye bye

  • I play how I want.

  • Don't tell me what to do! I do what a I want! Your not my real parental unit!

  • If somebody last second swaps, I'm leaving.

    If that ######### doesn't actually want to play DBD, they can wait another 15 minutes.

    ######### em.

  • When I play killer, I will play how I want because those survivors will play how they want.

    I would dodge a key game as a survivor if the queue times weren’t so bad because I hate it when someone ducked out through the hatch and I’m left to deal with a killer who just closed it after them.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    I thought queue times were fixed the day of the update, but yesterday it all went back, 10+ mins waiting as survivor and less than 1 min for killer.

    As a Rank 1 killer and Rank 2 survivor I politely ask you NOT TO LOBBY DODGE, you need to learn to play against everyone, and don't come to me with your:

    "WoUlDn'T yOu dOdGe A LoBbY whErE...?"

    The answer is NO, I don't dodge lobbies, the only justifiable reasons to lobby dodge is Ping and knowing a guy in the game that you have played against and you know he is a toxic player or a DCer, any other reasons are just lame excuses...

    In game DCing is another issue, don't get lost from the thread please... Not getting a good map, matchmaking problems and bugs are not part of this thread.

    Edit:

    I'm not trying to force people not to dodge, I'm just politely asking for people to avoid as much as they can lobby dodging, people dodge out of the dumbest things nowdays like "I don't like facing Davids" or "Matchmaking is broken, if I see 2 toolboxes they must be red ranks". I'm not talking about in game DCing, but about actual lobby dodging, it's not wrong to dodge a lobby every now and then, but not 5/6 games until you get to play aginst no SWF Dwights with no items, hehehe. Get my point?

    Sure, especially when I am playing in the night and see team with toolboxes (of course those are for sabo, no BNP inside) and keys (of course those are broken keys) with Haddonfield or Midwitch on top, I just think those survivors deserve much nicer killer, not the killer like me, who is going to be tunneling those peaches. So I DC before the map loaded or dodge the lobby.

    Don't worry about me, DCing before match starts does not apply penalty and when I dodge -- I just find the next match instantly!

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Everyone just exploding on this year old post and i'm not sure why.

    Because the lobby times for a game are insane playing survivor, lol.

  • 4 Survivor bring keys, definitely will be a toxic swf. Nah

  • @StuMacher said:

    and in all fairness... there is way more survivor side DC when the game isn't handed to you than there are lobby dodges in my experience.

    example: we brought 4 flashlights and you brought Franklin's and lightborn. It happens regularly.

    oh wow, never bother to read the date XD

1 2 3 4 5 6