So when will NOED get removed, reworked, or nerfed?

It’s honestly just a perk for people who can’t get kills because they suck. I haven’t seen a single game of killers without using it. I’m at purple ranks and it’s annoying dying to some BS hex because as a team, we decided not to break totems and actually focus on objectives. I was thinking of a away to make it a actually somewhat skillful perk. Why not make it so it gives you a high amount of haste? It already gives you a slight movement speed increase, so just remove the expose and increase the speed boost?

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738833#Comment_738833

    You're objective is to please the entity. That's what pips are. Emblems=Entity more pleased.

    #########? Who cares about the lore of dbd? Majority just wants to win, and winning means beating your opponent.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    Ah, so many toxic killer mains here.

    Ok, lets put this into play...

    You solo queue into a survivor game with a random team, you don't know if they good or bad players, you just know they the same rank as you. You spawn in and start working on a gen, killer has ruin so you decided as the good player you are, you go look for ruin and other totems of sources. While looking, the killer gets into a chase with you, and you are unable to get any totems cleanse because you being chased. None of your teams worry about getting the totems and you can't do anything because you are getting chased. Final gen pops and you hope your team gets the gates open as you run the killer around. But wouldn't you know, the killer has NOED and everyone dies because no totems were cleansed, this was the only time everyone got hooked because the killer just isn't good enough to get anyone until now.

    So don't tell someone to "just cleanse" because stuff like getting chased and bad teammates happen.

    So, is it your team's fault if the killer stacks remember me and STBFL. Is it your team's fault for going down and giving the killer PGTW and Furitive Chase. Might as well nerf Devour Hope, since you never went down, but your teammates did.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738695#Comment_738695

    It isn't against strong killers at all. Noed never even gets disabled in like 95% of the matches.

    Uh.. what? Why does the killer make any difference? Survivors are either going to cleanse totems or they aren’t.

    If you get the gens done, you can get totems done.

  • If my team doesn’t cleanse totems and deny noed then the options are, find noed and cleanse it to get my team out, or leave my team behind and get out. If everyone dies because we were buzzing around going for saves while the killer had noed we don’t deserve to win. Is noed a crutch for some killers? Yes, but it’s not unfair when there is a way to completely prevent it from ever activating.

  • its a perk that punishes for failing at the secondary objective, and thats a fact.

    it cant reward a noob, if you did the bones.

  • @Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738716#Comment_738716

    Uh.. what? Why does the killer make any difference? Survivors are either going to cleanse totems or they aren’t.

    If you get the gens done, you can get totems done.

    How doesn't the killer make a difference? Nurse and spirit can end chases in like 20 seconds. You don't have time for totems when you can barely get gens done in time.

  • But it is a fact and I'm pretty sure most people can agree with me

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739041#Comment_739041

    But it is a fact and I'm pretty sure most people can agree with me

    A popular opinion is still an opinion.

    That's a fact.

  • https://youtu.be/j-K4hdNqGr4

    I think this video from Ohtofu (who is a killer main with thousands of hours) sums up the problems with noed nicely. The discussion about noed starts around the 8 minute mark.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739106#Comment_739106

    How doesn't the killer make a difference? Nurse and spirit can end chases in like 20 seconds. You don't have time for totems when you can barely get gens done in time.

    If the killer poops on you and you don’t get gens done then NOED is irrelevant. If you get the gens done against those Nurse and Spirit killers then you have no excuse for not getting totems done.

    Of course, you’re also talking about only 2 out of 17 or whatever killers.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739041#Comment_739041

    But it is a fact and I'm pretty sure most people can agree with me

    <rubbing my fingers together ever so slightly, as if I was playing a miniature violin>

    Your opinion is noted, and is not fact.

  • NOED can easily be avoided by fullfilling your secondary objective, the totems.

    if you dont care about them, thats fine, but you shouldnt complain about getting hit by NOED then.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739041#Comment_739041

    But it is a fact and I'm pretty sure most people can agree with me

    whether it's fact or not, why are experienced moaning they can't beat noob's?😣

  • @Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739111#Comment_739111

    If the killer poops on you and you don’t get gens done then NOED is irrelevant. If you get the gens done against those Nurse and Spirit killers then you have no excuse for not getting totems done.

    Of course, you’re also talking about only 2 out of 17 or whatever killers.

    No, there is an excuse. If you can barely get gens done in time then cleansing totems equals not doing gens in time.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739121#Comment_739121

    No, there is an excuse. If you can barely get gens done in time then cleansing totems equals not doing gens in time.

    Yep that’s certainly an excuse you got there, and a weak one at that.

    Have you tried totem perks?

  • @Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739142#Comment_739142

    Yep that’s certainly an excuse you got there, and a weak one at that.

    Have you tried totem perks?

    How is it weak? You basically refuse to understand what I'm saying at this point.

    Which totem perks?

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737877#Comment_737877

    It IS a scrub Lord perk. But I am starting to understand the sentiment behind it. Especially if ur playing a low tier killer against SWF groups

    Like if I'm p3ing a killer and I get noed before ruin I like to use it

  • Ahh.... this got so many more views and such than any of the insightful and interesting Power or Killer ideas. Never change guys.... but really change.

  • @GuyNamedPubert I made a similar post about NOED and one of the devs responded to me saying that noed rewards killers for playing poorly as does adrenaline for survivors playing poorly, second part makes zero sense lol.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739169#Comment_739169

    How is it weak? You basically refuse to understand what I'm saying at this point.

    Which totem perks?

    small game (not sure if maps reveal totems tho).... I say again, do you even know how to play the game?

  • @arslaN You know you don't have to be hero, if you're getting clapped that badly just dip as soon as noed procs. The amount of times my team as gotten 4ked due to stupid altruism is crazy.

  • @Naphemil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739269#Comment_739269

    small game (not sure if maps reveal totems tho).... I say again, do you even know how to play the game?

    I have almost a thousand hours and I'm rank 1. Why do you even assume that I don't know the game?

    Green maps reveal totems with addons, the red one reveals by default. I run small game sometimes.

    @SinfulHarlot said:

    @arslaN You know you don't have to be hero, if you're getting clapped that badly just dip as soon as noed procs. The amount of times my team as gotten 4ked due to stupid altruism is crazy.

    I am usually the one that gets hits with noed :D Yeah, it's true that many people die by trying to make stupid saves.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739169#Comment_739169

    How is it weak? You basically refuse to understand what I'm saying at this point.

    Which totem perks?

    Small Game and Hunch. I exclusively play solo and if I’m seeing NOED a bunch, I throw on Hunch and it makes totem breaking a cinch. But typically even without the perks, it’s not hard to be proactive with totems, even against the quicker killers.

    I understand what you’re saying just fine. It’s just a weak excuse.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739002#Comment_739002

    #########? Who cares about the lore of dbd? Majority just wants to win, and winning means beating your opponent.

    Winning is getting a pip. If you want to play like a dick, go for it.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739059#Comment_739059

    Survivors already get punished for doing gens as fast as possible. You don't get as many bloodpoints because you don't get points in other categories.

    Escaping, and doing gens, usually gives you a pip. But yes, they are punished for that in the BP department. However, so are Killers. Tunneling will kill your Hunter score.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    Ah, so many toxic killer mains here.

    Ok, lets put this into play...

    You solo queue into a survivor game with a random team, you don't know if they good or bad players, you just know they the same rank as you. You spawn in and start working on a gen, killer has ruin so you decided as the good player you are, you go look for ruin and other totems of sources. While looking, the killer gets into a chase with you, and you are unable to get any totems cleanse because you being chased. None of your teams worry about getting the totems and you can't do anything because you are getting chased. Final gen pops and you hope your team gets the gates open as you run the killer around. But wouldn't you know, the killer has NOED and everyone dies because no totems were cleansed, this was the only time everyone got hooked because the killer just isn't good enough to get anyone until now.

    So don't tell someone to "just cleanse" because stuff like getting chased and bad teammates happen.

    you're claiming that "as a good player, you should go look for the ruin totem".

    my eyes are starting to water as i write because of how ######### that statement is.

    good players don't go look for ruin totems, good players get better at the game and learn how to hit great skill checks, that way you get gens done so much faster.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739088#Comment_739088

    Winning is getting a pip. If you want to play like a dick, go for it.

    Pipping is just a participation trophy to keep bad casuals motivated to play.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    never. get over it. bhvr is afraid of hurting killer's feelings.

    Really?

    Given that someone thought it was a good idea to make a list of all the survivor nerfs that have occured since release to try and "prove a point", despite critiquing this methodology I have compiled a list of all killer nerfs in this game since release to counter it, as we were challenged to do (which would again somehow "prove" that survivors have been receiving the short end of the stick and therefore survivors cannot be overpowered) Disclaimer: Since the original list includes the fixing of...

    Please be less rude. Thank you.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739327#Comment_739327

    I have almost a thousand hours and I'm rank 1. Why do you even assume that I don't know the game?

    Green maps reveal totems with addons, the red one reveals by default. I run small game sometimes.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739328#Comment_739328

    I am usually the one that gets hits with noed :D Yeah, it's true that many people die by trying to make stupid saves.

    then how do you have to ask what perks or items to run to literally counter noed even easier..... do you see what you're saying? how reasonable do you think you are when ideas are brought forth and just ignored. Noed will never be nerfed for the simple fact that it can be entirely countered by cleansing 5 totems by 4 survivors.

  • NOED stands for No Open Exit Dancing. Want to escape from the noob who never touched you all game? Then leave the map.

  • I just read that post. Most of those are just bugfixes that the OP is trying to make seem like nerfs. Like the "killers can't use other killers abilities like Myers with a chainsaw" or "killers can't prevent the unhook prompt from Popping up by facecamping"

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739725#Comment_739725

    I just read that post. Most of those are just bugfixes that the OP is trying to make seem like nerfs. Like the "killers can't use other killers abilities like Myers with a chainsaw" or "killers can't prevent the unhook prompt from Popping up by facecamping"

    Okay cool now that you read that one, read the one that inspired it.

    So i decided to write every nerf that survivor got since release i migh miss some so u can add: - Removed infinites - Added entity that blocks window if its been used 3times in a short time - Nerfed sabo meta (hooks respawns after 2mins) - Removed/Nerfend Jungle gyms - Nerfed sprint boost perks (adding exhaustion effect) cooldown sprint burst used to be on 20 or 30s cooldown dont remember atm.


    Note the Killer one has been updated and that the Survivor one came first.

    Also note that most of the things he says are bug fixes as well, or broke the game.

    Also Also note that in the Killer post he said he included bugfixes cause the survivor one did too, which proves you really didn't read the Killer one that well.

  • Killers defending the baby perk but want to take away all of the good surivor perks like self care, adrenaline, decisive strike, MoM, etc, the list is neverending. I've even heard they want something done with iron will.. OMEGALUL.. ######### i love these threads so much

  • Just to add my (Salty) two cents.

    Played with a friend, killer had ruin and NOED.

    He found two of the totems, and cleansed them both. I found the ruin and another dull.

    NOED still popped.

    So out of the two remaining survivors, Neither decided to get a singular totem.

  • @Usui said:

    Killers defending the baby perk but want to take away all of the good surivor perks like self care, adrenaline, decisive strike, MoM, etc, the list is neverending. I've even heard they want something done with iron will.. OMEGALUL.. ######### i love these threads so much

    Wanna point out not all Killers want to take those out and also that NOED is a perk in the game just like the others that anyone can use. Wanna also point out there is no reason to be rude in your posts, and that I don't even like or use NOED but don't think it should be changed.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738155#Comment_738155

    Imagine thinking noed is niche and weak lol. In the past month, I have seen noed get disabled ONCE and that's because I cleansed all 5 totems by myself. That's also rank 1 btw.

    Ever thought why the best killers in this game don't use noed? Because it's a perk that only bad killers use (or maybe the try hard ones that just wants a guarenteed 4k).

    Doing totems is also NOT a secondary objective and will never be unless the devs add another reason to cleanse totems. Cleansing 5 totems to disable a perk that the killer may not even be using isn't a secondary objective, and it shouldn't be.

    Have you ever played with Noed as killer at ranks higher than green? It's very inconsistent at best. The amount of times I've been able to have NOED activate are few and far between, and the few amount of times I've been able to have it work, it gets cleansed near immediately. It sounds like you are a survivor only player based on what you have said.

    I too am a red rank, at least for killer (rank 2 is my highest). I don't bother with rank though, especially for survivors, because it means almost nothing past green ranks. Except for maybe how much they'll abuse certain things.

    Totems give 1000 points for a dull, and if you're running inner strength, you have more of a reason to do them. Hex perks themselves are worth more points. You have no reason to ignore them.

    They actively disable perks if you break them, no killer action can really stop a good survivor from using their perks, but survivors can stop all hex perks easily.

    It's an extra thing for survivors to do. It can either waste time, slow them down, or give killers major benefits if played correctly... only if they stay intact. It's not like killers can search for things on the map to destroy survivor perks. They'd be up in arms about that, I guarantee it.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738209#Comment_738209

    Have you ever played with Noed as killer at ranks higher than green? It's very inconsistent at best. The amount of times I've been able to have NOED activate are few and far between, and the few amount of times I've been able to have it work, it gets cleansed near immediately. It sounds like you are a survivor only player based on what you have said.

    I too am a red rank, at least for killer (rank 2 is my highest). I don't bother with rank though, especially for survivors, because it means almost nothing past green ranks. Except for maybe how much they'll abuse certain things.

    Totems give 1000 points for a dull, and if you're running inner strength, you have more of a reason to do them. Hex perks themselves are worth more points. You have no reason to ignore them.

    They actively disable perks if you break them, no killer action can really stop a good survivor from using their perks, but survivors can stop all hex perks easily.

    It's an extra thing for survivors to do. It can either waste time, slow them down, or give killers major benefits if played correctly... only if they stay intact. It's not like killers can search for things on the map to destroy survivor perks. They'd be up in arms about that, I guarantee it.

    I agree with all of this.

  • And I didn't even remind them that they are essentially gambling a perk slot for an endgame advantage which survivors can essentially erase before it starts.

  • @arslaN said:

    Can't believe people still say cleanse the totems like it's easy. It is very easy to cleanse totems against spirit, nurse, billy right? Especially easy without totem counters, solo teammates that don't care about totems whatsoever, right ?

    Be honest people, how many times did you see survivors cleanse all 5 totems? It is a very rare thing.

    This perk needs a rework, it shouldn't be like this anymore. Killers shouldn't get free kills when they don't deserve them.

    I cleanse all five totems all the time, other people just pass them up for some reason.

  • Much like how killers have to guess whether or not survivors have DS, BT, Unbreakable or Adrenaline and weigh the pros/cons of playing around them, survivors must determine whether or not playing around perks like NOED or DH are worth it or not. Personally I don't find NOED particularly common at red ranks (PC in NA), so I don't play around it per se, it's just sort of a bonus for cleansing totems for easy points.

  • It was nerfed with the introduction of Inner Strength.

  • With the right set up, two people can do a gen in about... 35 seconds. You can't "Git Gud" enough to counter that. You have to plan for the end game, cause you will get there.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739059#Comment_739059

    Survivors already get punished for doing gens as fast as possible. You don't get as many bloodpoints because you don't get points in other categories.

    The same could be said for camping but you still find people constantly demanding a punishment for camping.

    Before people get the pitchforks out I'm not saying camping for no reason is a good thing

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    With the right set up, two people can do a gen in about... 35 seconds. You can't "Git Gud" enough to counter that. You have to plan for the end game, cause you will get there.

    Noed >:D

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    never. get over it. bhvr is afraid of hurting killer's feelings.

    losing to NOED (aka the easiest perk to counter/disable): git better. You don't even have to be "gud" to counter noed...just have a modicum of common sense and you evade it.

  • @Usui said:

    Killers defending the baby perk but want to take away all of the good surivor perks like self care, adrenaline, decisive strike, MoM, etc, the list is neverending. I've even heard they want something done with iron will.. OMEGALUL.. ######### i love these threads so much

    MoM is a false equivalency it was fundamentally broken with absolutely no counter for the majority of the roster.

    Decisive strike even old decisive strike was annoying however you could at least juggle to counter it unlike MoM

    Honestly I've never had a problem with adrenaline in fact the only time I ever see people complain about it and ask for it to be nerfed is usually a response to people saying no one escapes death should be nerfed.


    Please can we stop acting MoM was in any way shape or form a fair perk it was more broken than old defensive strike and that's saying something say what you will about that perk at least it had a counter

  • Why shouldn't the killer become more powerful when the gates are powered on? It should be tougher for you, the survivor, who is winning thus far. Besides, it's already been nerfed down to nothing.

  • @Attackfrog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739637#Comment_739637

    losing to NOED (aka the easiest perk to counter/disable): git better. You don't even have to be "gud" to counter noed...just have a modicum of common sense and you evade it.

    Also, He never replied to me showing him a list of all Killer nerfs.

  • @Naphemil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/739351#Comment_739351

    then how do you have to ask what perks or items to run to literally counter noed even easier..... do you see what you're saying? how reasonable do you think you are when ideas are brought forth and just ignored. Noed will never be nerfed for the simple fact that it can be entirely countered by cleansing 5 totems by 4 survivors.

    I'm not going to bring items or perks every match to cleanse totems.

    Noed isn't really a risky perk to run at all. I used it before and survivors only cleansed 5 totems once or twice. Cleansing 5 totems will never be easy in solo survivor without you bringing maps or perks every game. Just give survivors a totem counter and most issues with noed will be gone.

  • "Maybe you should do bones next time"

    -Trapper

1 2 3 4 5