So when will NOED get removed, reworked, or nerfed?

It’s honestly just a perk for people who can’t get kills because they suck. I haven’t seen a single game of killers without using it. I’m at purple ranks and it’s annoying dying to some BS hex because as a team, we decided not to break totems and actually focus on objectives. I was thinking of a away to make it a actually somewhat skillful perk. Why not make it so it gives you a high amount of haste? It already gives you a slight movement speed increase, so just remove the expose and increase the speed boost?

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737938#Comment_737938

    When we say “just cleanse totems”, we don’t also mean “throw all caution to the wind”. Don’t run around willy nilly in your attempts to spot totems, leaving scratch marks and a trail of cawing crows everywhere.

    You CAN search for totems WITHOUT drawing the killers attention. I do it all the time.

    Who said I was running? Killer could of found me with pure sight after seeing a quick glimpse of me.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737995#Comment_737995

    And instaheals and keys should be removed why? Instaheals are a 1 time thing and keys don't have a use unless it's purple or higher or with add-ons.

    Ah, your response proves it then. No use trying trying to convince you of otherwise.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737958#Comment_737958

    Thank you but it doesn’t matter he won’t listen to us he will still whine and moan about a stupid perk that has the easiest counter ever

    You were right @shirtlessdemi101

  • Noed is honestly fine now that inner strength is somewhat meta. Doing totems now gives you 1500 points, counters NOED and potentially let’s you heal yourself if your running IS.

    The only thing I still want is a totem counter just to help close the gap between solos and swf.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737987#Comment_737987

    Everyone one plays the same game, dead by daylight. but not the same role and don't always like playing a role.

    Also keys them and Moris are just end game early button

  • @FishFry247 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737996#Comment_737996

    Still, its insanely stupid to not take someone's opinion seriously when they play a different role than you, this is coming from a dude who plays like 50/50 of both. If everyone can run borrowed time, DS, Adrenalin, and balanced then killers can run strong perks to. So stop complaining about stupid things like noed and focus on things that are unbalanced, like spirit, ebony Moris, Insta heals and brand new parts

    I don't see how insta heals and brand new parts are "OP." Insta-heals are a 1 time use thing and brand new parts only work if you hit the skill check and don't get pushed off.

  • Never, cause it’s absolutely fine.

  • Maybe if you actually read what I'm saying? I gave examples of how totems could not get cleansed and how NOED can counter adrenaline when someone complained about it. Don't instantly think 1 person can cleanse 5 totems or other people will do it. Maybe if you actually stopped and read and think for a min instead of saying "Just do the bones." You would know why NOED is annoying sometimes.

  • Can't believe people still say cleanse the totems like it's easy. It is very easy to cleanse totems against spirit, nurse, billy right? Especially easy without totem counters, solo teammates that don't care about totems whatsoever, right ?

    Be honest people, how many times did you see survivors cleanse all 5 totems? It is a very rare thing.

    This perk needs a rework, it shouldn't be like this anymore. Killers shouldn't get free kills when they don't deserve them.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    It’s honestly just a perk for people who can’t get kills because they suck. I haven’t seen a single game of killers without using it. I’m at purple ranks and it’s annoying dying to some BS hex because as a team, we decided not to break totems and actually focus on objectives. I was thinking of a away to make it a actually somewhat skillful perk. Why not make it so it gives you a high amount of haste? It already gives you a slight movement speed increase, so just remove the expose and increase the speed boost?

    When will adrenaline get nerfed, removed or reworked? It's for survivors who can't avoid getting hit

  • “Noob rewarding perk”? SERIOUSLY? If survivors are going to genrush and they are NO capable of looping and chases end immediately, killer have time for 2-3 hooks before 5 gens are done.

    CLEANSE THE TOTEMS its not that hard.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738007#Comment_738007

    I don't see how insta heals and brand new parts are "OP." Insta-heals are a 1 time use thing and brand new parts only work if you hit the skill check and don't get pushed off.

    First off its the reason people play the big 3 killers, no one wants to play trapper for someone to bring you on a 90 second chase just for them to be insta healed and everything you just did was wasted and 2-3 gens are finished, also the skill checks for the brand new parts are a no brainer to hit and aren't difficult at all. Insta heals ruin the game for M1 killers and are the main reason that 1 hook Moris are still a thing, this game is far from balanced and if you played both sides not only will you get better but you find the real issues, and noed isn't it

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738038#Comment_738038

    I can’t agree, because I as survivor will regularly go out of my way to find and cleanse all totems, with or without small game, and I often succeed. Or at the very least will cleanse 3 and come across the remains of the other 2 that others have cleansed. (It’s really not hard to spot a cleansed totem spot).

    The survivors objective is not simply “do gens”, it’s survive and escape. Mitigating the possibility of NOED is one method in increasing the survivors odds of surviving and escaping. Ignore at your own peril.

    You are lucky if you can find teammates that actually care about totems. Mine ignore all of them, I have to cleanse all 5 myself which isn't a realistic thing at all.

    Also, there is simply no time for totems if you are going against nurse,spirit,billy unless they are just bad.

    It is also stupid that you can cleanse 4, then spend ages trying to find the last one, and then you see that it's already cleansed.

    Here is an idea to make cleansing totems less painful for solos: When all totems are cleansed, a sound plays similar to the sound when you cleanse hex totems. This way you don't spend ages trying to find already cleansed totems.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737889#Comment_737889

    What if someone doesn’t care about points? And as you said, it’s a SECONDARY objective. You should worry about the primary objective.

    Then ENJOY noed

  • @FishFry247 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737938#Comment_737938

    Also everyone plays the same game stop the weird prejudice against people who plays killers/survivors that does nothing but make you look childish

    agreed

  • Escaping is also about points, 5000bp. Someone doesnt care about point, then why he cares about escaping?

  • Funny how all survivors are in denial about "solo" with "randoms" not being the normal state of the game and thst its something like a punishment for "not playing with friends"....

    Oh I wonder how strong such hexes would be if all those conveniences of swf (or most likely cwf) were considered in the actual game balance.

    If you suspect Noed, "do the bones."

    Afterall you got time to spare for everyone running DS, afterall " just wait a minute".

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    Funny how all survivors are in denial about "solo" with "randoms" not being the normal state of the game and thst its something like a punishment for "not playing with friends"....

    Oh I wonder how strong such hexes would be if all those conveniences of swf (or most likely cwf) were considered in the actual game balance.

    If you suspect Noed, "do the bones."

    Afterall you got time to spare for everyone running DS, afterall " just wait a minute".

    Sarcastic, biting, and true.

  • Like someone else said, NOED is only annoying to me if I'm the guy running around cleansing all the totems while my team don't give a rats ass about cleansing totems and only trying to rush the gens. Then when I eventually go down to a NOED it just feels cheesy considering I was trying to counter it.

    But like someone else said, doing all 5 totems by yourself is just unrealistic.

  • Not true. it's completely counterable and very weak. Most times it doesn't even activate because teams get all the totems.

    The only time I've seen NOED work well is in one of two situations:

    1. one person left and they have a key and know where the hatch is after you've closed it.
    2. survivors get overconfident and take stupid risks as a part of a SWF team.

    It's niche already and doesn't need any changes.

  • @StarMoral said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737881#Comment_737881

    Then clean the bones so the noob doesn't get his reward. I mean ffs "Inner Stregth" was made for that sole purpose!

    Not to mention dull totems got a point increase so there is literally no reason to leave a totem standing anymore. Inner strength was just an added bonus.

  • ^ Didnt he said some people doesnt care about points? 1000 points to 16sec cleanse a totem doesnt matter to him.

    I guess 5000 points to escape also doesnt matter.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    It’s honestly just a perk for people who can’t get kills because they suck. I haven’t seen a single game of killers without using it. I’m at purple ranks and it’s annoying dying to some BS hex because as a team, we decided not to break totems and actually focus on objectives. I was thinking of a away to make it a actually somewhat skillful perk. Why not make it so it gives you a high amount of haste? It already gives you a slight movement speed increase, so just remove the expose and increase the speed boost?

    Sigh... how many times do i have too see that the only think that you could remove are the 4% Movementspeed otherwise do bones or face the Consequences and im not even a killer main.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737877#Comment_737877

    Totems aren’t the main objective. You normally only cleanse totems if there are already a hex on em. You shouldn’t have to go out of your way of the MAIN objective just to do a totem.

    That's right, escaping is your main objective. Not generators nor totems. Both just help you achieve that main objective.

  • It's a perk i only use for fun in my endgame builds. Rainbow Map + 2 range addons = no noed anymore.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737881#Comment_737881

    Not true. it's completely counterable and very weak. Most times it doesn't even activate because teams get all the totems.

    The only time I've seen NOED work well is in one of two situations:

    1. one person left and they have a key and know where the hatch is after you've closed it.
    2. survivors get overconfident and take stupid risks as a part of a SWF team.

    It's niche already and doesn't need any changes.

    Imagine thinking noed is niche and weak lol. In the past month, I have seen noed get disabled ONCE and that's because I cleansed all 5 totems by myself. That's also rank 1 btw.

    Ever thought why the best killers in this game don't use noed? Because it's a perk that only bad killers use (or maybe the try hard ones that just wants a guarenteed 4k).

    Doing totems is also NOT a secondary objective and will never be unless the devs add another reason to cleanse totems. Cleansing 5 totems to disable a perk that the killer may not even be using isn't a secondary objective, and it shouldn't be.

  • Just cleanse totems and stop complaining, it's already been nerfed

  • I was running NOED + Blood Warden until I got Whispers 3 on Freddy. It's a powerful but scummy combo, and I was glad I only had to use it once. Even then, the exit gates were at opposite ends of the map so it only ended in 1 extra kill. I'll probably keeping using Blood Warden until I finally get BBQ on him, but I tossed NOED the second I could.

    NOED is a crutch. I won't say it "rewards killers for failing" as I think that's a garbage mindset with no basis in reality, game's not over until it's over, but it definitely lets killers get kills they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I run it most on my low level killers and ones that I don't have much experience with precisely for that reason.

    The moment I become comfortable with a character's toolkit, it goes. There are times when I've been grateful to get a kill with NOED, but there's never been a time when I was proud of it.

  • Just. Do. Bones.

    Stop crying about NOED, this perk just punishes for gen rush, thats all.

  • @shirtlessdemi101 I agree with everything you are saying about countering noed, its true: Cleans Totems. But what I don't understand is your hypocrisy. You're claiming the OP is being nasty and disrespectful but every single post of you addressing the OP is you insulting, name-calling and belittling. Please stop, your disrespect is unnecessary, a topic is never that serious to where you have to call somebody a "clown" and talk to them like they're an idiot.

  • So because you're too lazy to find & cleanse a totem they are supposed to nerf it? It's obviously gotten you killed or you wouldnt be begging for a nerf. Maybe you should make it a point to get rid of it? I dont even bother using it and dont even like using ruin anymore. It usually spawns somewhere out in the open & gets found in the first minute.

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    Just. Do. Bones.

    Stop crying about NOED, this perk just punishes for gen rush, thats all.

    This is the weakest argument by far lol. I could do gens slowly, still die by noed. It doesn't punish genrushing, that is not the perks purpose.

  • Your primary objective is to SURVIVE, not to do 5 generators. Completing generators is PART of that objective.

    If a completely preventable perk is stopping you from surviving, then part of your primary objective is to cleanse totems so that perk doesn't stop you from surviving.

    Deaths to noed are on you. Chanting this mantra that gens are the only objective is a great way to die, have low scoring games, and not get better in general.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    Ah, so many toxic killer mains here.

    Ok, lets put this into play...

    You solo queue into a survivor game with a random team, you don't know if they good or bad players, you just know they the same rank as you. You spawn in and start working on a gen, killer has ruin so you decided as the good player you are, you go look for ruin and other totems of sources. While looking, the killer gets into a chase with you, and you are unable to get any totems cleanse because you being chased. None of your teams worry about getting the totems and you can't do anything because you are getting chased. Final gen pops and you hope your team gets the gates open as you run the killer around. But wouldn't you know, the killer has NOED and everyone dies because no totems were cleansed, this was the only time everyone got hooked because the killer just isn't good enough to get anyone until now.

    So don't tell someone to "just cleanse" because stuff like getting chased and bad teammates happen.

    If you give up a 4k totally during the end game then that is on you. As soon as the first person gets downed by NOED everyone should be on full alert and either get the hell out or carefully search for the totem that you should have cleansed during the game. NOED should only give a killer one or two downs MAX. Any more and that is on you and your teammates.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737889#Comment_737889

    What if someone doesn’t care about points? And as you said, it’s a SECONDARY objective. You should worry about the primary objective.

    If you don't care about totems and don't want to do totems then don't complain about no one escapes death.

    I have a way to counter a perk I know how to counter to a perk but I don't want to do this thing I will counter the perk. Devs nerf it so I don't have to do it.


    Also again I am calling major BS on the whole it's impossible to cleanse totems as a solo survivor typically just run small games or I start going on a totem Hunt if I noticed there's no ruin.

    I have been able to very easily take out 3 to 4 totems and that's without using things like small games.


    Lastly I'm going to drop this piece of information out and whether I can hate about it it's whatever stop saying that no one escapes death is only used by people who can't get kills.

    I've seen a lot of skilled Killers just use it because they hey guess what like endgame builds a killer not playing to your specific standards or your specific desires is not someone who's just bad.

  • noed is fine as it is. killer sacrifices a perk slot for it for a perk that has a chance of not even activating.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738155#Comment_738155

    Imagine thinking noed is niche and weak lol. In the past month, I have seen noed get disabled ONCE and that's because I cleansed all 5 totems by myself. That's also rank 1 btw.

    Ever thought why the best killers in this game don't use noed? Because it's a perk that only bad killers use (or maybe the try hard ones that just wants a guarenteed 4k).

    Doing totems is also NOT a secondary objective and will never be unless the devs add another reason to cleanse totems. Cleansing 5 totems to disable a perk that the killer may not even be using isn't a secondary objective, and it shouldn't be.

    "Doing totems is also NOT a secondary objective and will never be unless the devs add another reason to cleanse totems."

    I mean everyone is arguing against NOED and if people hate it that much, isn't that not a reason itself to cleanse totems? Don't get me wrong, I hate looping a killer all game whilst my team does gens and then I get downed to NOED. My most recent game was a Billy chasing me for 5 gens and then getting a kill with NOED and literally screamed "#########, ######### NOED man" but I think that was mainly due to Billy using it but then I realized it was my team's fault for not cleansing totems because he was on me the entire game meaning I had no chance to touch a gen or a totem.

    Honestly, I get annoyed when top tier killers run NOED because they seriously don't need it but when I run into killers like Wraith, Trapper, Plague, etc then I honestly don't get annoyed because I already know they struggle against optimal teams.

  • I even don't see many killers with NOED anymore, idk ehy people still complain about this perk.

  • @BrendanLeeT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738209#Comment_738209

    "Doing totems is also NOT a secondary objective and will never be unless the devs add another reason to cleanse totems."

    I mean everyone is arguing against NOED and if people hate it that much, isn't that not a reason itself to cleanse totems? Don't get me wrong, I hate looping a killer all game whilst my team does gens and then I get downed to NOED. My most recent game was a Billy chasing me for 5 gens and then getting a kill with NOED and literally screamed "#########, ######### NOED man" but I think that was mainly due to Billy using it but then I realized it was my team's fault for not cleansing totems because he was on me the entire game meaning I had no chance to touch a gen or a totem.

    Honestly, I get annoyed when top tier killers run NOED because they seriously don't need it but when I run into killers like Wraith, Trapper, Plague, etc then I honestly don't get annoyed because I already know they struggle against optimal teams.

    One of my top complaints is that top killers can use it and get kills they didn't deserve.

    Cleansing totems is absolutely fine in swf but it is a problem in solo since you don't have any totem counters and people don't care about totems in general. You can waste so much time searching for already cleansed totems and it can even cost you the match.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    It’s honestly just a perk for people who can’t get kills because they suck. I haven’t seen a single game of killers without using it. I’m at purple ranks and it’s annoying dying to some BS hex because as a team, we decided not to break totems and actually focus on objectives. I was thinking of a away to make it a actually somewhat skillful perk. Why not make it so it gives you a high amount of haste? It already gives you a slight movement speed increase, so just remove the expose and increase the speed boost?

    Do bones. Problem solved.

  • When it becomes more op than survivors looking for 5 totems/less reliant on their search skills.

  • No need to nerf it. Just rework it to reward for doing well instead of failing. Or remove it.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    Ah, so many toxic killer mains here.

    Ok, lets put this into play...

    You solo queue into a survivor game with a random team, you don't know if they good or bad players, you just know they the same rank as you. You spawn in and start working on a gen, killer has ruin so you decided as the good player you are, you go look for ruin and other totems of sources. While looking, the killer gets into a chase with you, and you are unable to get any totems cleanse because you being chased. None of your teams worry about getting the totems and you can't do anything because you are getting chased. Final gen pops and you hope your team gets the gates open as you run the killer around. But wouldn't you know, the killer has NOED and everyone dies because no totems were cleansed, this was the only time everyone got hooked because the killer just isn't good enough to get anyone until now.

    So don't tell someone to "just cleanse" because stuff like getting chased and bad teammates happen.

    This is nonsense. A killer who is not good enough to get a single hook all game doesn’t suddenly become unstoppable just because of NOED lol.

  • NOED is totally fine as HEX and balanced, you can cleanse all totems or use Hope perk. I just disagree with Exposed status in all tiers since 2.3.0, but it's a perk for babies, deal with it as many others.

    /closed

  • I don't get the problem tho? Like just make sure to keep an eye out for totems at the start of the match and cleanse them when you walk past them. If you notice the killer only has 3 perks and can't figure out the 4th consider looking for them. Then, when all the gens are finished, just hope for the best lol. I don't think it needs to get removed / nerfed but okay. Oh and it's not like I'm talking for a killer perspective because I've never played killer even once in sooo

  • What is with today's generation of gamers that they want everything done for them and they can't adapt?

    So much of this game is literally "turn the tables" mechanics that shift the momentum of the game. If you don't like NOED, you're literally in the wrong game.

    FFS, there's for survivors and it takes less than 20 seconds to cleanse ONE totem each.

    If every survivor would just cleanse a totem each, you'd see NOED come into play a lot less.

    But again, adaption is hard, right?

    Flippin' kids these days... GET OFF MY LAWN!

  • To be honest NOED is pretty annoying to go against and all of theses killer mains saying to cleanse the totems don’t understand that if you only search for totems your not getting any gens done. You could accidentally forget about how many totems are left. you can’t find a totem. And then sometimes you actually cleanse all of them just to find out that the killer doesn’t have Noed and you just wasted a game.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738355#Comment_738355

    One of my top complaints is that top killers can use it and get kills they didn't deserve.

    Cleansing totems is absolutely fine in swf but it is a problem in solo since you don't have any totem counters and people don't care about totems in general. You can waste so much time searching for already cleansed totems and it can even cost you the match.

    until you leave the match, every kill is deserved.... not sure with this survivor mentality came from that says once gens are powered that everyone still living should get out.... that's not how this game runs.

  • @OkKiLLer said:

    To be honest NOED is pretty annoying to go against and all of theses killer mains saying to cleanse the totems don’t understand that if you only search for totems your not getting any gens done. You could accidentally forget about how many totems are left. you can’t find a totem. And then sometimes you actually cleanse all of them just to find out that the killer doesn’t have Noed and you just wasted a game.

    There's 5 totems, there's 4 survivors

    If every survivors made it their mission to do one totem (and it's not like you have to look hard for them, I usually see 2 or 3 every game WITHOUT looking), you'd at most ever have to do 2.

    It's free bloodpoints, and it's free Lightbringer points.

    There is literally no excuse not to do them other than you have no confidence in yourself or your team to get the gens done anyway if you waste less than 30 seconds of time to do 2 totems.

    Because not cleansing totems says that to me - it tells me you have no confidence that your team will finish the gens.

  • NoEd is fine.

    A little overused, but you can always cleanse the totems if you are really afraid.

    Sometimes you win some, sometimes you get killed by it. No big deal. Move on to the next game.

  • I mean, you do all of those by cleansing all totems

1 2 3 4 5