"feels too punishing for Killers" - what kind of pathetic excuse is this?

I understand that I'm going overboard with rudeness and probably gonna be banned, but what kind of pathetic post is this on your part!? There are clearly signs that you favor one side, you're just making a shitstorm of posts "us vs them" because of your twitter post!
My opinion is why you shouldn't have cancelled it:

  1. If you don't have time to rework these changes, then release them as is, but with minor changes to the numbers, and then in the live release, listening to feedback from not only the killer mains and then adjust it again.
  2. By not releasing this update, you are depriving all other platforms of the opportunity to try out the content and give an opinion about it. Do you think it's right that only Steam players give feedback? Again, a one-sided decision on your part
  3. Killers will also continue to exploit the game's flaws in the form of slug and tunnel, understanding that even in the next PTB they can vote against it and you will cancel again like cowards
  4. If a player chose to play as a killer, he must understand that he is creating a match, that he must try a bit harder if he wants a lot of hooks, this is not walking in the park to give them everything in their hands

But I understood one thing for sure, you are not interested in the opinion of survivors for more than a year, especially solo survivors. The best example is a dead item called fog vials, the stupidest rework of maps and keys that are so useless, especially their iri addons

Tagged: Survivors

Comments

  • I'm not opposed to the idea of punishing HARD tunneling and slugging. But the changes aimed to punish ALL tunneling and slugging. And believe it or not the 20% current progression pop with 10% haste was NOT a good enough incentive for the lower tiers.

  • Killers better get ready for very long queues even after 2v8 ends, because survivors are boycotting the game until the devs make it fair like every other pvp game.

  • "If a player chose to play as a killer, he must understand that he is creating a match, that he must try a bit harder if he wants a lot of hooks, this is not walking in the park to give them everything in their hands"

    Yuh its not "walking in the park" its the game,therefore you dont have legitimacy to put accountability of your own misplays on "killer" role,i mean if one expect opponent effectively shoot themselfs in the leg at start of trial then why even bother playing? so if ya see mathematically,competitively and intuitively correct strategies as "flaws" then pls leave game for your own good

  • Killers literally got punished with these changes. That 6 hooks stages is too much. I saw multiple people playing and they had 5 hooks and 2 people on death hook and 1 hook on another..never tunneled btw and had 1-2 gens left, but they killed 1 of the death hooked survivors and got slapped and weren't able to regress gens anymore. 3 hook stages is more fair since that will counter what is actually heavy tunneling.

    I doubt survivors would be very happy if they got penalty of doing gens too fast compared to killers hooks. Imagine getting gens blocked for a minute or 2 minutes because killer needs to catch up.

    Survivors do not need basekit tenacity. Take that out and the slugging changes are fine. Is it going to be abused by good survivors and swf..yes but the tenacity makes it worse.

    This update will still be survivor sided. The extra pallets will be there on maps that didnt need it. Only maps i can understand is haddonfield and corn maps.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/456164/feels-too-punishing-for-killers-what-kind-of-pathetic-excuse-is-this

    Plain and simple. It was way too punishing for killers. I spent hours on that PTB being punished when I wasn’t even tunneling. Hours. Let’s be so for real. Even the survivors AGREED with me in the PTB itself.

    Go play killer on there for a day or so. Then come back to me

    Well another problem with the whole thing is that a significant portion of the player base can't participate in the PTB to give feedback on the proposed changes. Only people playing on PC are even able to participate in the PTB to give detailed feedback. Which already creates a bias in any real feedback on any changes, because only a particular demographic can participate at all.

  • @littlehoot said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3997809#Comment_3997809

    Well another problem with the whole thing is that a significant portion of the player base can't participate in the PTB to give feedback on the proposed changes. Only people playing on PC are even able to participate in the PTB to give detailed feedback. Which already creates a bias in any real feedback on any changes, because only a particular demographic can participate at all.

    Same I couldn't participate too since I'm on epic games😭

  • @Hannacia said:

    Killers literally got punished with these changes. That 6 hooks stages is too much. I saw multiple people playing and they had 5 hooks and 2 people on death hook and 1 hook on another..never tunneled btw and had 1-2 gens left, but they killed 1 of the death hooked survivors and got slapped and weren't able to regress gens anymore. 3 hook stages is more fair since that will counter what is actually heavy tunneling.

    I doubt survivors would be very happy if they got penalty of doing gens too fast compared to killers hooks. Imagine getting gens blocked for a minute or 2 minutes because killer needs to catch up.

    Survivors do not need basekit tenacity. Take that out and the slugging changes are fine. Is it going to be abused by good survivors and swf..yes but the tenacity makes it worse.

    This update will still be survivor sided. The extra pallets will be there on maps that didnt need it. Only maps i can understand is haddonfield and corn maps.

    I doubt survivors would be very happy if they got penalty of doing gens too fast compared to killers hooks. Imagine getting gens blocked for a minute or 2 minutes because killer needs to catch up.

    1: There's no connection between gens and hooks in the proposed version.

    2: What sort of compensation buffs would survivors be getting to reward them for spreading out gens?

  • I honestly think they've been shelved and we won't see them now until maybe 2027. It's unfortunate, but we've seen it before. If you're feeling burnt out or angry at the Devs, either uninstall and leave a review or keep playing, update your review and don't give them a penny.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998343#Comment_3998343

    I doubt survivors would be very happy if they got penalty of doing gens too fast compared to killers hooks. Imagine getting gens blocked for a minute or 2 minutes because killer needs to catch up.

    1: There's no connection between gens and hooks in the proposed version.

    2: What sort of compensation buffs would survivors be getting to reward them for spreading out gens?

    Point remains that you cannot punish one side that heavily for wanting to win. If you want to punish back to back tunneling then 3 hook stages is enough. 6 is too much. Killers got punished even while NOT tunneling with that and while having 1-2 gens remaining.

    There were good ideas in this patch, but the penalties were not it. If they tweak some things im sure most killer mains and survivors mains wouldnt have any issues. Stopping one side from properly playing and having to do math is not it.

    Also as a survivor main i would have found this extremely boring. I don't want to be handfed my wins.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998376#Comment_3998376

    Point remains that you cannot punish one side that heavily for wanting to win. If you want to punish back to back tunneling then 3 hook stages is enough. 6 is too much. Killers got punished even while NOT tunneling with that and while having 1-2 gens remaining.

    There were good ideas in this patch, but the penalties were not it. If they tweak some things im sure most killer mains and survivors mains wouldnt have any issues. Stopping one side from properly playing and having to do math is not it.

    Also as a survivor main i would have found this extremely boring. I don't want to be handfed my wins.

    There were good ideas in this patch, but the penalties were not it. If they tweak some things im sure most killer mains and survivors mains wouldnt have any issues. Stopping one side from properly playing and having to do math is not it.

    Then none of the ideas were good. The incentives for non-tunnelling only made sense in conjunction with the pre-6 kill repair boost.

    This patch keeps getting picked apart with its pieces taken in complete isolation. Lots of feedback has been incredibly myopic.

  • @Amanova said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998349#Comment_3998349

    Same I couldn't participate too since I'm on epic games😭

    I feel you! I'm on PS5, and as much as I'd love to participate in the PTB, it's only available for Steam players. So even if I wanted to test the supposedly awful new mechanics on the PTB, I can't.

  • The only thing I could have seen being an issue is the punishment for Killers, the inability to block or regress gens for the rest of the match. All they had to do was remove that part, and everything else would have been fine, so I don't see why a delay was necessary.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998343#Comment_3998343

    I doubt survivors would be very happy if they got penalty of doing gens too fast compared to killers hooks. Imagine getting gens blocked for a minute or 2 minutes because killer needs to catch up.

    1: There's no connection between gens and hooks in the proposed version.

    2: What sort of compensation buffs would survivors be getting to reward them for spreading out gens?

    Don't survivors get an efficiency penalty for more than one of us being on a generator at a time?

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    Same "pathetic" excuse survivor mains gave about the original Finisher Mori? Newer players don't remember that, but almost universally survivor mains hated it and killer mains loved it.

    Finisher Mori didn't solve some problem killers were having with the game for years. All it did was encourage killers to engage in more of the same tactics survivors have been frustrated by for nearly a decade and adds insult to injury for slogging through lopsided survivor matches. It serves no justifiable "balance" purpose, and to this day leads to killers slugging for the 4k, as well as invalidating late game plays such as sabo or unbreakable.

    Lets give survivors an animation of the team twerking in the exit gate while the killer cries if everyone escapes and see how the opinions shake out.

  • @Hannacia said:

    Killers literally got punished with these changes. That 6 hooks stages is too much. I saw multiple people playing and they had 5 hooks and 2 people on death hook and 1 hook on another..never tunneled btw and had 1-2 gens left, but they killed 1 of the death hooked survivors and got slapped and weren't able to regress gens anymore. 3 hook stages is more fair since that will counter what is actually heavy tunneling.

    I doubt survivors would be very happy if they got penalty of doing gens too fast compared to killers hooks. Imagine getting gens blocked for a minute or 2 minutes because killer needs to catch up.

    Survivors do not need basekit tenacity. Take that out and the slugging changes are fine. Is it going to be abused by good survivors and swf..yes but the tenacity makes it worse.

    This update will still be survivor sided. The extra pallets will be there on maps that didnt need it. Only maps i can understand is haddonfield and corn maps.

    I doubt survivors would be very happy if they got penalty of doing gens too fast compared to killers hooks.

    There's literally nothing else for survivors to do but gens in the majority of matches. What else would you like them to do. Stand on a hill and wait for the killer to notice them? If the speed truly is an issue they can increase it (again) from 90 to 100. Or they can nerf gen boosting perks and items.

  • Don't lose hope yet, they did word it in a way that changes will happen and I am sure they will. Just wont be so many massive game altering changes all at once.

    The tunnelling will continue and this will ensure that they have no choice but those ruining the game with the tunnel at 5 gens for easy games tactic will have nothing stopping them… for now.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998343#Comment_3998343

    I doubt survivors would be very happy if they got penalty of doing gens too fast compared to killers hooks.

    There's literally nothing else for survivors to do but gens in the majority of matches. What else would you like them to do. Stand on a hill and wait for the killer to notice them? If the speed truly is an issue they can increase it (again) from 90 to 100. Or they can nerf gen boosting perks and items.

    Its literally the killers job to kill the 4 survivors, without getting their knees broken from hooking accidentally wrong person.

  • @sinkra said:

    Killers better get ready for very long queues even after 2v8 ends, because survivors are boycotting the game until the devs make it fair like every other pvp game.

    If survivors who are demanding a guaranteed 50% escape rate are boycotting the game, honestly as a survivor player I am very excited about that. I would rather have teammates who have a good understanding of the game on both sides and not feel entitled to have EZ escapes handed to them.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998411#Comment_3998411

    Its literally the killers job to kill the 4 survivors, without getting their knees broken from hooking accidentally wrong person.

    The number needs to be changed to four or five, or a hook counter needs to be visible. But the gen comparsion is not fair. Killers have four people to engage with and spread pressure amongst; survivors have gens to do. I'd love to have some side objectives, but we haven't gotten any.

  • @littlehoot said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998374#Comment_3998374

    I feel you! I'm on PS5, and as much as I'd love to participate in the PTB, it's only available for Steam players. So even if I wanted to test the supposedly awful new mechanics on the PTB, I can't.

    Yeah I feel this is why I want to see things go to live, coz the walled garden they test it in is usually giving only part of the picture in regards to feedback.

    That said, I'm not saying the opinions are wrong just that we really need more people to test these changes somehow. Maybe an event queue with the changes?

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998401#Comment_3998401

    Yeah I feel this is why I want to see things go to live, coz the walled garden they test it in is usually giving only part of the picture in regards to feedback.

    That said, I'm not saying the opinions are wrong just that we really need more people to test these changes somehow. Maybe an event queue with the changes?

    I agree. It would be a lot fairer and give a much more full idea of how the playerbase feels about the changes. Especially because gameplay mechanics on console are a VERY different experience to PC, so things that Steam players might think are fine could be an absolute nightmare for console players.

  • @sinkra said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3997809#Comment_3997809

    So, what was your kill rate on the supposedly survivor-sided PTB?

    What is your kill rate in this supposedly extremely killer-sided game?

  • @littlehoot said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3997809#Comment_3997809

    Well another problem with the whole thing is that a significant portion of the player base can't participate in the PTB to give feedback on the proposed changes. Only people playing on PC are even able to participate in the PTB to give detailed feedback. Which already creates a bias in any real feedback on any changes, because only a particular demographic can participate at all.

    Theres no bias. There are tons of survivors mains on that PTB and most agreed (90%) that the changes just were simply not fair.


    Anyone with a bit of common sense can see it just wasn’t quite balanced the way it needed to be, and that’s okay. It was a PTB. That’s what it’s there for. Now they can refine it, try again on the next PTB, go from there.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998349#Comment_3998349

    Theres no bias. There are tons of survivors mains on that PTB and most agreed (90%) that the changes just were simply not fair.


    Anyone with a bit of common sense can see it just wasn’t quite balanced the way it needed to be, and that’s okay. It was a PTB. That’s what it’s there for. Now they can refine it, try again on the next PTB, go from there.

    There is a bias because the experience of the game, the control scheme, accessibility, mechanics, is fundamentally different on console compared to PC. I cannot tell you how often I die not of my own failings but because the controls incorrectly prioritise the wrong thing because 90% of the actions in the game use the same goddamn button.

    There is a bias, it's just not the bias you think it is.

    Also where exactly are you pulling this 90% from? Genuine question, I'm unaware of how the PTB feedback process works.

  • Killer mains in DBD always remind me of the rogue in the "world of roguecraft" vanilla wow videos.

  • @littlehoot said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998451#Comment_3998451

    There is a bias because the experience of the game, the control scheme, accessibility, mechanics, is fundamentally different on console compared to PC. I cannot tell you how often I die not of my own failings but because the controls incorrectly prioritise the wrong thing because 90% of the actions in the game use the same goddamn button.

    There is a bias, it's just not the bias you think it is.

    Also where exactly are you pulling this 90% from? Genuine question, I'm unaware of how the PTB feedback process works.

    That sounds like a you issue I am sorry. I play on PS5 and I do not have this issue. I have also rearranged my keybinds.

    There is no bias. Literally none. The only thing I could remotely agree on with that is pulsars 400 page optimization for Consoles that somehow got ignored which needed to be and still does ages ago.

    90% came my from matches. I played for a few days on the PTB. In almost every match I got a chance to speak with survivors after the match. We had great conversations actually. Most of the time I was killer, but I did several matches of survivor. We rolled killers because of the anti mechanics. We pushed this system as far as one could. I would take hits, body block for teammates, take downs because why not? I was last hooked, the killer if they were smart won’t hook me and generally didn’t. If they did they would be punished. Not to mentioned I used dead hard to buy extra time, for extra hits.

    The safety net was too wide.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998464#Comment_3998464

    That sounds like a you issue I am sorry. I play on PS5 and I do not have this issue. I have also rearranged my keybinds.

    There is no bias. Literally none. The only thing I could remotely agree on with that is pulsars 400 page optimization for Consoles that somehow got ignored which needed to be and still does ages ago.

    90% came my from matches. I played for a few days on the PTB. In almost every match I got a chance to speak with survivors after the match. We had great conversations actually. Most of the time I was killer, but I did several matches of survivor. We rolled killers because of the anti mechanics. We pushed this system as far as one could. I would take hits, body block for teammates, take downs because why not? I was last hooked, the killer if they were smart won’t hook me and generally didn’t. If they did they would be punished. Not to mentioned I used dead hard to buy extra time, for extra hits.

    The safety net was too wide.

    And yet there are other console players on the forums saying the same thing.

    Your personal matches don't seem to be a good representation of the overall sentiment. Maybe that's the academic in me, but that's just not how that should work. If it is 90% of everyone who tried out the changes on the PTB who agrees they should be changed, then great. But just because you personally encountered a majority of people who thought the same as you doesn't mean that's a good representative of how the playerbase at large feels.

    Nor does it change the fact that for a lot of survivor mains, having the promise of anti tunnelling and slugging mechanics dangled in front of us and then snatched away again feels like a kick in the gut.

  • @littlehoot said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998451#Comment_3998451

    There is a bias because the experience of the game, the control scheme, accessibility, mechanics, is fundamentally different on console compared to PC. I cannot tell you how often I die not of my own failings but because the controls incorrectly prioritise the wrong thing because 90% of the actions in the game use the same goddamn button.

    There is a bias, it's just not the bias you think it is.

    Also where exactly are you pulling this 90% from? Genuine question, I'm unaware of how the PTB feedback process works.

    The PTB is acting more like a gatekeeper than a testing platform at the moment. It's a tiny self selected group of players dictating the direction of the game and I feel like we need to acknowledge that participants of the PTB are not at all representative of the player base as a whole.

    I hope BHVR bring these changes to a future iteration of Chaos Shuffle. It would be a low risk way for all of us to test the new systems, we could then give our feedback on them and BHVR would have an opportunity to gather better data.

  • @littlehoot said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998470#Comment_3998470

    And yet there are other console players on the forums saying the same thing.

    Your personal matches don't seem to be a good representation of the overall sentiment. Maybe that's the academic in me, but that's just not how that should work. If it is 90% of everyone who tried out the changes on the PTB who agrees they should be changed, then great. But just because you personally encountered a majority of people who thought the same as you doesn't mean that's a good representative of how the playerbase at large feels.

    Nor does it change the fact that for a lot of survivor mains, having the promise of anti tunnelling and slugging mechanics dangled in front of us and then snatched away again feels like a kick in the gut.

    The player base at large feels like some adjustments should be made before this mechanics are thrown into a live server.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/456164/feels-too-punishing-for-killers-what-kind-of-pathetic-excuse-is-this

    Plain and simple. It was way too punishing for killers. I spent hours on that PTB being punished when I wasn’t even tunneling. Hours. Let’s be so for real. Even the survivors AGREED with me in the PTB itself.

    Go play killer on there for a day or so. Then come back to me

    You could have hard game where you got 4 hooks on last gen left and then you found survivor who was hooked last and got him dead on hook and still you got two punishing effects just like other killer who tunneled one on 4 gens thats not acceptable not to mention it could be abused by survivors and they could still bodyblock with no colision, 30 seconds of haste and endurence in endgame not all killers can get you before you reach the gates just good effects but many were overtuned if they lowered the problematic ones and give tunneling punishents some gen limit when they are disabled like 2-3 gens left then it would be solid.

  • @Amanova said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3997889#Comment_3997889

    Nothing will change because right now most of the time I face them so your post is kinda non valid

    So if this would go live right from ptb you would mostly face only them so enjoy few exeptions.

  • @BlackRabies said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3997909#Comment_3997909

    I hardly use any aura reading perks cause i can find survivors just fine without it mostly i use other unconventional perks to locate survivors like Surveillance and Spies from the Shadow for the slower killers and Lethal Pursuer + one other aura reading perk for high mobility killer. BBQ isn't that good either we've had it for years and survivor players already know full well how to counter it by either hiding in a locker or behind a gen. Slow killers that don't really have any mobility can't really benefit from it so only killers like Nurse, Billy, Ghoul, Blight, Wesker etc with high free mobility can benefit the most from it.

    Wesker isnt high mobility killer his dashes both cover 21 meters, wraith is more mobility killerthan wesker.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/456164/feels-too-punishing-for-killers-what-kind-of-pathetic-excuse-is-this

    Plain and simple. It was way too punishing for killers. I spent hours on that PTB being punished when I wasn’t even tunneling. Hours. Let’s be so for real. Even the survivors AGREED with me in the PTB itself.

    Go play killer on there for a day or so. Then come back to me

    sorce 'trust me bro'

  • @littlehoot said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998451#Comment_3998451

    There is a bias because the experience of the game, the control scheme, accessibility, mechanics, is fundamentally different on console compared to PC. I cannot tell you how often I die not of my own failings but because the controls incorrectly prioritise the wrong thing because 90% of the actions in the game use the same goddamn button.

    There is a bias, it's just not the bias you think it is.

    Also where exactly are you pulling this 90% from? Genuine question, I'm unaware of how the PTB feedback process works.

    PC and console is the exact same in that aspect. PC players dont get to have separate buttons for things that console players use 1 button for. Healing and tossing a pallet is the same button for EVERYONE.

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998464#Comment_3998464

    The PTB is acting more like a gatekeeper than a testing platform at the moment. It's a tiny self selected group of players dictating the direction of the game and I feel like we need to acknowledge that participants of the PTB are not at all representative of the player base as a whole.

    I hope BHVR bring these changes to a future iteration of Chaos Shuffle. It would be a low risk way for all of us to test the new systems, we could then give our feedback on them and BHVR would have an opportunity to gather better data.

    I wouldn’t say “Tiny” there’s A LOT of ppl that play on PC. This game started on PC after all.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998481#Comment_3998481

    I wouldn’t say “Tiny” there’s A LOT of ppl that play on PC. This game started on PC after all.

    Steam doesn't even include all PC players. There's also Windows and Epic.

    Besides that, not everyone on Steam is going to download the PTB to test it. I have the game on Steam and I've never downloaded the PTB because it would take half a day with my internet speed to download. I usually just watch streamers play to see what the new stuff is like.

    I'm willing to bet only a very, very small number of Steam players actually participate in PTBs. So yeah, it is tiny propotion of the overall player base.

  • @sinkra said:

    Killers better get ready for very long queues even after 2v8 ends, because survivors are boycotting the game until the devs make it fair like every other pvp game.

    Wont happen. DBD is a drug that some people can't live without. Even historically killer queues times have never really been that long outside of MMR experiments with the 40 minute twins queue. Survivor queue times on the other hand…. yeah. Those at least NA East have been actively climbing.

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998464#Comment_3998464

    The PTB is acting more like a gatekeeper than a testing platform at the moment. It's a tiny self selected group of players dictating the direction of the game and I feel like we need to acknowledge that participants of the PTB are not at all representative of the player base as a whole.

    I hope BHVR bring these changes to a future iteration of Chaos Shuffle. It would be a low risk way for all of us to test the new systems, we could then give our feedback on them and BHVR would have an opportunity to gather better data.

    I don't understand why they canceled that Chaos Shuffle plan originally, which sounded way, way more tame than what they rolled out for the much more limited ptb. I don't even get why the basekit Unbreakabke needed to be part of a special mode. Just make a limited mode specifically for testing out new ideas. Ptb, but for everyone. It doesn't seem like that much of a stretch from special events, which have their own unique mechanics, and are clearly a testing ground. They could do it every couple months and gather feedback on different ideas, one or two at a time, instead of rolling ot a zillion changes at once and asking a limited amount of players their opinion, many of whom are performing for social media views.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998481#Comment_3998481

    I don't understand why they canceled that Chaos Shuffle plan originally, which sounded way, way more tame than what they rolled out for the much more limited ptb. I don't even get why the basekit Unbreakabke needed to be part of a special mode. Just make a limited mode specifically for testing out new ideas. Ptb, but for everyone. It doesn't seem like that much of a stretch from special events, which have their own unique mechanics, and are clearly a testing ground. They could do it every couple months and gather feedback on different ideas, one or two at a time, instead of rolling ot a zillion changes at once and asking a limited amount of players their opinion, many of whom are performing for social media views.

    so true, they could just add this PTB to everyone as a second test mode (but without killer ofc) in live release, I would still play if the challenges and emblems worked there))

  • @tjt85 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998576#Comment_3998576

    Steam doesn't even include all PC players. There's also Windows and Epic.

    Besides that, not everyone on Steam is going to download the PTB to test it. I have the game on Steam and I've never downloaded the PTB because it would take half a day with my internet speed to download. I usually just watch streamers play to see what the new stuff is like.

    I'm willing to bet only a very, very small number of Steam players actually participate in PTBs. So yeah, it is tiny propotion of the overall player base.

    I disagree - but it’s irrelevant. I don’t have slow internet I usually play on console but have it on pc too. Download the PTB takes 5 minutes.

  • Don't worry, they will not kill the game this time but given that post it feels they don't understand the main issue.

    It's not even about the difficulty or the impossible task winning with handcuffs, ball and chain.

    It's about forcing players to play in an unnatural way AND about how ridiculous it looked like in game.

    Give them time, they'll tweak it, somehow will get less complain and will still hurt the game: the whole idea is wrong.

    This may be interesting for whomever is interested by balance.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5rduV13-GU
  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998592#Comment_3998592

    I disagree - but it’s irrelevant. I don’t have slow internet I usually play on console but have it on pc too. Download the PTB takes 5 minutes.

    Happy to hear you've got fast Internet. I don't.

  • there's a whole lot of nothing being said in this entire thread. just a lot of people talking past each other.

    might request an account deletion at this rate.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3997709#Comment_3997709

    Notice how you're being heavily downvoted but no one has attempted to counter your point.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3997856#Comment_3997856

    Absolutely. I'm firmly in the camp that extreme tunneling and slugging need to go. They make Survivor (which can already be very unpleasant in solo queue) an even worse experience, but these changes were SO overboard that they just made Killer overall horrible. Simply shifting problems from one side to the other helps no one — at that point it's about vengence and not game balance.

    Thank you, you said this so well. I am the same way, they need to do something about extreme slugging and tunneling, but IMO (as someone who plays both sides) if you are (or I am) working on a generator, I am no longer tunneling you (or I am no longer being tunneled.)

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    kinda weird to look at someone going "I realize I made a mistake and decided to think about it more." and calling it pathetic.

    It wouldn't be pathetic except 1000 killers whispered it into their ear earlier, and they're just parroting it back. It's not like they're self-aware or contrite in any way. Bowing to a vocal minority isn't "keeping it real"

  • @drsoontm said:

    Don't worry, they will not kill the game this time but given that post it feels they don't understand the main issue.

    It's not even about the difficulty or the impossible task winning with handcuffs, ball and chain.

    It's about forcing players to play in an unnatural way AND about how ridiculous it looked like in game.

    Give them time, they'll tweak it, somehow will get less complain and will still hurt the game: the whole idea is wrong.

    This may be interesting for whomever is interested by balance.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5rduV13-GU

    i saw it and it's a good vid along with jcglitchmasters similar vid

  • "feels too punishing for killer". Yall ever log into a match as survivor just to get tunneled out at 5 gens as punishment for playing survivor so you cant actually play the game?

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3998675#Comment_3998675

    i saw it and it's a good vid along with jcglitchmasters similar vid

    Indeed.

    Also, look at the vote downs you on both my post an yours: that tells you all you need to know about the mentality of a lot of the people roaming here.

  • @bleep275 said:

    "feels too punishing for killer". Yall ever log into a match as survivor just to get tunneled out at 5 gens as punishment for playing survivor so you cant actually play the game?

    I found out improving at looping and using the appropriate perks help a lot with that.

1 2 3 4