It’s honestly no surprise survivor queue times are getting worse

You load into a killer game hoping to have a good game and get a couple of kills and you’re greeted to

  • Boons
  • map offerings
  • terrible totem spawns
  • survivors spawning on gens
  • SWF’s
  • multiple god pallets on one map
  • huge survivor sided maps
  • insanely strong loops if you’re only playing an M1 killer
  • hit validation
  • dead hard pretty much being base kit
  • multiple second chance perks
  • body blocking with BT
  • bad sportsmanship e.g teabagging and clicking at exit gates

am I missing anything?

It’s honestly no surprise people are quitting killer and survivor queue times are getting longer. After a few games as killer right now it just gets exhausting having to deal with all that every single game

I thought killer was meant to be the power role lol?

Comments

  • Take out boons (except COH), hit validation, and BT bodyblocking.

  • I have had instant survivor lobbies.

    does that mean the killer players in my area are satisfied with the games current state? Or is this argumentation only working to support your narrative?


    (and just to be clear: I do think that killer gameplay is not great currently)

  • @GannTM said:

    Take out boons (except COH), hit validation, and BT bodyblocking.

    BT body blocking is a problem, BT is an anti tunnel perk, if you’re body blocking another survivor then you’re not being tunnelled. You should lose collision when under the effects of BT

  • I'm at high MMR and I am considering quitting the game, it's just unfun even when I win. I'm not saying this to get people to give me what I want or nothing goofy, I just no longer enjoy the game and there are a lot of great games right around the corner.

  • @Mooks said:

    I have had instant survivor lobbies.

    does that mean the killer players in my area are satisfied with the games current state? Or is this argumentation only working to support your narrative?

    (and just to be clear: I do think that killer gameplay is not great currently)

    That must be nice. I'd love to play survivor.

  • Me too. My ques take a long time as survivor. Instant survivor ques must be a low MMR thing.

  • @themoobs1984 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698259#Comment_2698259

    Me too. My ques take a long time as survivor. Instant survivor ques must be a low MMR thing.

    Yeah same I'd love to have instant ques when I play survivor instead I get 5-25 minutes

  • @themoobs1984 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698259#Comment_2698259

    Me too. My ques take a long time as survivor. Instant survivor ques must be a low MMR thing.

    Unlikely.

    I'm a bad Survivor and my queues are still 5-10 minutes.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698264#Comment_2698264

    Unlikely.

    I'm a bad Survivor and my queues are still 5-10 minutes.

    Then someone is lying or it's a location thing. The ques are either long or they aren't. They're long for me. Especially, after 5 pm Central time.

  • @themoobs1984 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698269#Comment_2698269

    Then someone is lying or it's a location thing. The ques are either long or they aren't. They're long for me. Especially, after 5 pm Central time.

    One other odd factor seems to be if you are a in a solo que or group.

    When I solo que it is a 15 to 20 mins wait time. When I am in a group of 2 or 3 people 3 to 5 mins. I am unsure why, as this is at the same time.

  • @themoobs1984 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698269#Comment_2698269

    Then someone is lying or it's a location thing. The ques are either long or they aren't. They're long for me. Especially, after 5 pm Central time.

    East coast us for me ques are the same at 8pm and 2am for me atleast

  • @Sybarite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698273#Comment_2698273

    One other odd factor seems to be is you are a solo que or group.

    When I solo que 15 to 20 mims when I am in a group of 2 or 3 people 3 to 5 mins. I am unsure why, as this is at the same time.

    Seems to be based on MMR then. It's a known fact that SWF groups tend to have higher MMR ratings than solo seeing as how the game is easier in a group. Alot easier.

  • @themoobs1984 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698279#Comment_2698279

    Seems to be based on MMR then. It's a known fact that SWF groups tend to have higher MMR ratings than solo seeing as how the game is easier in a group. Alot easier.

    Wouldn't I still have a low or high MMR? Or are you saying their is a separate MMR for SWF? For example their is team MMR and player mmr in most moba games.

  • @steamed_hamzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698208#Comment_2698208

    BT body blocking is a problem, BT is an anti tunnel perk, if you’re body blocking another survivor then you’re not being tunnelled. You should lose collision when under the effects of BT

    I just tunnel the person who forces BT out of my game and .

    Simple. I never tunnel or camp but this enforce let me crazy.

  • My survivor queues are still instant during the day and around 3-4 minutes at night. Not sure why you guys are having long queues.

  • I'm hoping to hear "we have decided to change dead hard because you see it in almost every match just like we did with ruin".

    Not that it will happen, that only works for the killer side.

    Also to remove all map offerings, what is the point of having like 38 maps if you only go to badham/haddonfence/gidgeon?

  • i literally just posted this https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698339#Comment_2698339

    to the snow event announcement its such garbage.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    I'm hoping to hear "we have decided to change dead hard because you see it in almost every match just like we did with ruin".

    Not that it will happen, that only works for the killer side.

    Also to remove all map offerings, what is the point of having like 38 maps if you only go to badham/haddonfence/gidgeon?

    They did change it, by adding hit validation to it. To better balance the experience, of course. I thank Behaviour for their diligence and ask that we get vault validation next. That will also improve survivor queues.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    I'm hoping to hear "we have decided to change dead hard because you see it in almost every match just like we did with ruin".

    Not that it will happen, that only works for the killer side.

    Also to remove all map offerings, what is the point of having like 38 maps if you only go to badham/haddonfence/gidgeon?

    That would be the logical thought to it but we all know that BHVR doesnt has a logic with the majority of their changes. See the recent Deathslinger nerf.

  •  I have the same queue time as always. if it makes any difference I am in the eu .

  • @rafajsp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698238#Comment_2698238

    I just tunnel the person who forces BT out of my game and .

    Simple. I never tunnel or camp but this enforce let me crazy.

    But then that’s where the other second chance perks come in

    Say you’re trying to chase the unhooker but he’s being body blocked by the unhooked who’s got BT, sure you can wait it out, but then you risk DS and/ or Unbreakable so you can’t pick them up or leave them slugged, especially if it’s end-game or there’s only 1 gen left and time isn’t on your side.

    so it’s lose - lose for the killer in that situation

    times that by 4 for all survivors and you have perks that make them temporarily un-killable

  • Survivor wasn't to bad last night for me. Had enough time to smoke up, take a sip, and match started. 5 minutes solo.

  • @steamed_hamzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698208#Comment_2698208

    BT body blocking is a problem, BT is an anti tunnel perk, if you’re body blocking another survivor then you’re not being tunnelled. You should lose collision when under the effects of BT

    Bt bodyblocking is only a problem because survivors will shout tunneling after doing it. Otherwise it's their perk they can use it how they want to.

  • Its kinda hilarious how much killer players complain about basicly everything, AND neglecting everything that works in their favour. the game isnt supposed to be a stomping simulator for killers. if you get a 2k that more than fair enough for everyone. and thats more than easy to handle as killer, even without playing like a jerk. but lets get through ypur complains:

    1. hexes are the same side for killers.
    2. maps work also in favour of killers.
    3. works also for survivors.
    4. its basically impossible to not spawn near a gen, otherwise maps would be far bigger, but than youre complaining again i guess.
    5. rare edge cases, but in general not that much of an issue at all.
    6. fake news
    7. killer sided maps are there too, but that doesnt count, right? lol
    8. what loops? TL Wall too strong now? lol despite some edge cases with loop chains, not an issue at all.
    9. so fair hits are an issue now? HILARIOUS
    10. if you cant play vs DH thats still your fault
    11. like multiple easy game perks on killer?
    12. yeah sorry for not hooktrading with you for easy downs after still hanging around the hook lol
    13. who cares? doesnt hurt anyones gameplay at all. learn to ignore it.
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Snowmen. You missed the snowmen. The winter event gives a new thing for survivors to use... it gives them an advantage. This alone has made the game so unfun for me recently. BHVR are favouring survivors and they don't care about the impact it has on killer.

    The snowmen are so obviously survivor sided. a free MOM minus the sprint burst. woot, they still get 10+ meters unless you have STBFL stacks. a 4k feels so good but idk, i might just start letting everyone go no matter what just b/c. it would be hilarious if that was a thing and every killer just allowed 4 escapes. i wonder what bhvr would do if they saw all the kill rates drop below 30%

  • Are they, though? To me they are as usual, long at night but very fast during the day...

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    My survivor queues are still instant during the day and around 3-4 minutes at night. Not sure why you guys are having long queues.

    Probably depends on how many players are on in their region.

  • I can play about 3 matches a day before being burnt out. Even if I win I am exhausted.

  • Right now I have a long Killer queue and my Survivor Queue would be instant.

  • I'm on east coast US, survivor times for me are quick while killer is slow until about 7pm and then the wait times switch. When my swf teammate and I play we switch games once the survivor wait times start to slow down.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    My survivor queues are still instant during the day and around 3-4 minutes at night. Not sure why you guys are having long queues.

    Same. My q times are instant during the day for survivor and take 3+ mins at night. Opposite for killer. This even with crossplay off.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698300#Comment_2698300

    Same. My q times are instant during the day for survivor and take 3+ mins at night. Opposite for killer. This even with crossplay off.

    Same and I have crossplay off too.

  • @Mooks said:

    I have had instant survivor lobbies.

    does that mean the killer players in my area are satisfied with the games current state? Or is this argumentation only working to support your narrative?

    (and just to be clear: I do think that killer gameplay is not great currently)

    @Mooks said:

    I have had instant survivor lobbies.

    does that mean the killer players in my area are satisfied with the games current state? Or is this argumentation only working to support your narrative?

    (and just to be clear: I do think that killer gameplay is not great currently)

    I think its cause they changed something with their MMR system...

    Like it was bad before, but now i fight à good surv team that destroys me in one match, and the next one im with some sub 20H survivors for no reason

  • Short queue during day, long at night. Usual stuff.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698342#Comment_2698342

    That would be the logical thought to it but we all know that BHVR doesnt has a logic with the majority of their changes. See the recent Deathslinger nerf.

    Yeah I know, logic doesn't work in this company and yeah they won't do anything, probably nerf billy or pig.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698342#Comment_2698342

    They did change it, by adding hit validation to it. To better balance the experience, of course. I thank Behaviour for their diligence and ask that we get vault validation next. That will also improve survivor queues.

    Yeah 100% will make the survivor queues better, when I play survivor I have time to find snacks, make coffee, eat them, go to the restroom, smoke, come back and still have to wait, once they add window validation I might have time to take a 30 min power nap.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698351#Comment_2698351

    Yeah I know, logic doesn't work in this company and yeah they won't do anything, probably nerf billy or pig.

    or legion

  • @Mooks said:

    I have had instant survivor lobbies.

    does that mean the killer players in my area are satisfied with the games current state? Or is this argumentation only working to support your narrative?

    (and just to be clear: I do think that killer gameplay is not great currently)

    It means neither.

    Your mileage is always going to vary, but they're not the only person whose brought up the increase in survivor queue times since the start of the Bone Chill event.

    There just isn't much incentive to queue as killer right now considering you can get all the cosmetics playing survivor, killer isn't particularly feeling good atm, and killer cosmetics this year are very unappealing. Frosty Eyes isn't going to move the needle when you're asking killers to put up with the snowmen. This is probably the best winter event they've done, but there isn't anything to really get excited about if you play killer and people are finally taking the advice of "If you're not enjoying the game right now, go play something else."

  • Oh no....our killers....their broken.

    But in all seriousness as others have said, survivor ques start really slowing down on US east around 9pm and start picking back up at 4am. After 5am you will have basically instant que times until 5-6pm where you might wait a couple minutes for 3 hours until 9 when they get bad.

  • Do as Mathieu Coté has said a few years ago : "Play something else"

    And you are lucky, another asymmetrical game has just been released, try it.

  • @GannTM said:

    Take out boons (except COH), hit validation, and BT bodyblocking.

    I will accept Boons and BT Bodyblocking if I can have Dead Hard deleted.

  • @Tiufal said:

    Its kinda hilarious how much killer players complain about basicly everything, AND neglecting everything that works in their favour. the game isnt supposed to be a stomping simulator for killers. if you get a 2k that more than fair enough for everyone. and thats more than easy to handle as killer, even without playing like a jerk. but lets get through ypur complains:

    1. hexes are the same side for killers.
    2. maps work also in favour of killers.
    3. works also for survivors.
    4. its basically impossible to not spawn near a gen, otherwise maps would be far bigger, but than youre complaining again i guess.
    5. rare edge cases, but in general not that much of an issue at all.
    6. fake news
    7. killer sided maps are there too, but that doesnt count, right? lol
    8. what loops? TL Wall too strong now? lol despite some edge cases with loop chains, not an issue at all.
    9. so fair hits are an issue now? HILARIOUS
    10. if you cant play vs DH thats still your fault
    11. like multiple easy game perks on killer?
    12. yeah sorry for not hooktrading with you for easy downs after still hanging around the hook lol
    13. who cares? doesnt hurt anyones gameplay at all. learn to ignore it.

    Bad faith here, clearly.

    1. hexes are not the same as there are 4 survivors with 3rd person POV to deal with them
    2. Only a few maps work also in favour of killers and still the unbalance is nowhere near Haddonfield for exemple
    3. once again, 4 survviors with 3rd POV to deal with it
    4. Ok for this one
    5. SWF is a problem but at high MMR, SWF or not, you still face 4 unbeatable survivors
    6. Ye the "fake news" disease... Shack + most of the time you have a window/pallet jungle gym or shack combined with a safe loop
    7. killer sided maps are there too but the balance is not off as it is on Haddonfield, The game, the new map etc...
    8. All safe loops are too storng if you play a basic M1 killer...
    9. agree on this one, HV is normal
    10. DH on 4 survivors is game changer, you clearly do not play killer at all
    11. nope there aren't any broken killer perks while survivors have ton of OP perks and they can all equip them
    12. agree on this one
    13. then learn to ignore camping and tunneling as you will get this in every trial pretty soon

    You are clearly delusionnal and obviously you do not play killer at a high level. Every killer players are complaining about the state of the game.

    You don't want to admit something is wrong ? Enjoy you 15min queues to end up facing a baby or a camper/tunneler, great game.

  • @rafajsp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698238#Comment_2698238

    I just tunnel the person who forces BT out of my game and .

    Simple. I never tunnel or camp but this enforce let me crazy.

    That's the thing I never target the one being unhooked or tunnel because I'm a fair Killer, but if your getting unhooked and use your BT to body block like a idiot I WILL make sure you learn how stupid that was, and dont complain and call me a tunneler when you dont run like a smart unhookee

  • @JeanCharpentier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698928#Comment_2698928

    Bad faith here, clearly.

    1. hexes are not the same as there are 4 survivors with 3rd person POV to deal with them
    2. Only a few maps work also in favour of killers and still the unbalance is nowhere near Haddonfield for exemple
    3. once again, 4 survviors with 3rd POV to deal with it
    4. Ok for this one
    5. SWF is a problem but at high MMR, SWF or not, you still face 4 unbeatable survivors
    6. Ye the "fake news" disease... Shack + most of the time you have a window/pallet jungle gym or shack combined with a safe loop
    7. killer sided maps are there too but the balance is not off as it is on Haddonfield, The game, the new map etc...
    8. All safe loops are too storng if you play a basic M1 killer...
    9. agree on this one, HV is normal
    10. DH on 4 survivors is game changer, you clearly do not play killer at all
    11. nope there aren't any broken killer perks while survivors have ton of OP perks and they can all equip them
    12. agree on this one
    13. then learn to ignore camping and tunneling as you will get this in every trial pretty soon

    You are clearly delusionnal and obviously you do not play killer at a high level. Every killer players are complaining about the state of the game.

    You don't want to admit something is wrong ? Enjoy you 15min queues to end up facing a baby or a camper/tunneler, great game.

    delusionnal. Sure. I dont know what high MMR killers you know that complain about soo much non-issues, but all those streamers in high mmr i know dont complain about such things at all. be honest youre cpmpletely biased here.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698342#Comment_2698342

    They did change it, by adding hit validation to it. To better balance the experience, of course. I thank Behaviour for their diligence and ask that we get vault validation next. That will also improve survivor queues.

    Don't forget basic attack validation. If you didn't truly hit them on their screen out in the open in a dead zone, then do you really deserve the down?

  • @Tiufal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2700491#Comment_2700491

    delusionnal. Sure. I dont know what high MMR killers you know that complain about soo much non-issues, but all those streamers in high mmr i know dont complain about such things at all. be honest youre cpmpletely biased here.

    They all complain about SBMM, boons and strong loops + map designs, all of them.

    From Scott jund to Otz to Truetalent and Lilith. You clearly do not look any streamers a they often talk about those issues.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5KjhbxVZrs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7RkW1dw5BM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5arehrQ8No https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS-VhpJJMgg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVqTEWnG0zg

    Everything is broken in this game, the balance is completely off on most features, no way to enjoy anything as it is always unfair...

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698294#Comment_2698294

    That's the thing I never target the one being unhooked or tunnel because I'm a fair Killer, but if your getting unhooked and use your BT to body block like a idiot I WILL make sure you learn how stupid that was, and dont complain and call me a tunneler when you dont run like a smart unhookee

    This is exactly what i feel.

    Survivors became very abusive like saving when you just hook and turn around ("because they can, they have BT and DS") ... tapping a gen just after you POP it because "they can they want to show how toxic survivor can be"

    So yea i play the game like they want ... if i feel something abusive i slug em all.

  • Multiple second chance perks PER SURVIVOR. And then they have the nerve to complain about gen slowdown perks

  • Queues are the exact same as they were last year for me in my region. Same schedule, which allows me to play killer and survivor at the right hours. I feel like those that complain about queues are people that can't play at certain hours. Likely the ones where most people are playing. There are SO MANY killer players during the day and likely less survivors. But I rarely get doubles as killers unless it's extremely late at night.

‹ 1 2