PC killers are sweaty

to all you PC players, doesn’t it get boring going against Nurses, Spirits, and huntresses constantly? Ever since cross-play that’s all I’ve been going against. Oh and yeah they’re sweaty... like coming out of a steam room sweaty.

Comments

  • Funny you say that, I just went against a console killer and it wasn't a fun experience. All he did was nod and hit me on hook without me teabagging or anything.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536733#Comment_1536733

    It’s a gamertag chill dude, and also:

    •the devs create good killers but since Killers can’t get their precious 4K with them all the time they play spirit , nurse, and huntress

    •Hmm when’s the last time these forums were filled with requests for a killer nerf? I haven’t seen any in a hot minute

    •only time survivors troll the killer and be toxic is if the killer is toxic first like shaking their head no like if they’re good for no reason.

    Congratulations on posting what might be most ignorant thing I've read in at least a week.

    • Anything less than a 4K is a loss. Do you stop at 2 gens? 3 gens? I didn't think so. If I choose to give someone the hatch, I may count that as a win, but the game does not, and I take a BP hit for doing it.
    • Every day, literally. Every. Single. Day. There are multiple nerf Killer X they're so OP threads, often for things that are weak AF like Pig and Clown.
    • No. SWFs in particular try to troll every match like a middle school bully trying to impress their friends throwing an open milk carton at the kid who just moved to their school. T-bagging clicking sweaty tryhards are very much the norm, the higher the rank you are the worse it gets, but they were there on day 1, as red ranks in my rank 20 games, when I started in June.

    Are you on mobile or something? Like, you're not even playing the same game.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    to all you PC players, doesn’t it get boring going against Nurses, Spirits, and huntresses constantly? Ever since cross-play that’s all I’ve been going against. Oh and yeah they’re sweaty... like coming out of a steam room sweaty.

    Bruh, disable your cross play while you can. Nothing but sweat here on both sides. And be glad you can't read post game chat either because boy.....

  • Well the constant use of "we" instead of me or I gives the strong impression of talking about a collective about people. Couple this with a tone of arrogance ("We use our head/play smart etc."), let's people spooks at the post with an inherent feeling of "disgust" (<- sorry I am missing a better word for this).

    I read your post a few hours ago and can't really remember the contents but the tone was pretty arrogant against console players. They are handicapped by the limits set by the hardware (mouse vs controller turning for killer against 360, being used to 30fps against the now killers with way more and so on).

    Of course there may be a higher skillevel and it might also be linked to the mentioned hardware limits but skill has to be always compared on the same footing (hardware).

    But I also predicted the apparent discrepancies between pc and console.

  • Well he is basically right about the basic issue. Killer aiming/rapid turning is way easier with a mouse instead of a controller.

    But this issue was obvious way before the implementation of crossplay.

    On console you can either have small precise aiming or fast 180 turning (talking about fast reactions, without thousands of hours to aquire the muscle memory to do both aka precise aiming with high stick sensitivity).

  • From my 1.5k hours of playing both roles basically 50/50 I find both sides to be equally sweaty and toxic.

  • Nah, they have to adapt to the same killers but without their console limitations.

    I currently believe that a red console rank equates to a green PC rank.

  • I mean I'd sure hope I'm sweaty in this ######### heatwave lol

  • I haven't noticed any differences at all. And as to whether or not the Mouse gives an advantage of a Console... I play with a PC but use a XBOX controller. All this muck is nonsense.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    to all you PC players, doesn’t it get boring going against Nurses, Spirits, and huntresses constantly? Ever since cross-play that’s all I’ve been going against. Oh and yeah they’re sweaty... like coming out of a steam room sweaty.

    you can thank the fact that KB&M makes it so much easier for both survivor and SOME killers for this as well as the ability to lower settings for some maps to lag less.

    you'll learn at some point the killers on PC might be sweatier but the survivors are even sweatier though if you play solo you will likely never meet them but trust me survivors on PC are some of the scaries things to go against like clicker macros, godlike looping, 3x360 spins during a chase in an instant thanks to amped up turn rates resulting in some hits flying straight off course, etc.

  • Ah, so tunneling is when I hook someone else only to have a cocky bastard run up to unhook right next to me? That cocky bastard is totally being tunneled in that situation right? Get off yourself.

  • Though the matches are usually tough, I run Trapper and Pig with a dash of Doc and Hag. I don't like running Nurse or Spirit and never developed a taste for Billy. Red rank play is pretty tense with those 2, but fun.

  • Just like survivors are sweaty and always run the same meta perks

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536733#Comment_1536733

    It’s a gamertag chill dude, and also:

    •the devs create good killers but since Killers can’t get their precious 4K with them all the time they play spirit , nurse, and huntress

    •Hmm when’s the last time these forums were filled with requests for a killer nerf? I haven’t seen any in a hot minute

    •only time survivors troll the killer and be toxic is if the killer is toxic first like shaking their head no like if they’re good for no reason.

    This a gross generalization, and not true in my experience. I play Killer and Survivor. I run into all the different Killers with regular frequency. For my own part, I play one Killer at a time until I can crack well below Rank-10. Once I've done that I feel at least basically proficient. Right now I play Michael Myers and little else. I will probably go to Clown next.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536733#Comment_1536733

    It’s a gamertag chill dude, and also:

    •the devs create good killers but since Killers can’t get their precious 4K with them all the time they play spirit , nurse, and huntress

    •Hmm when’s the last time these forums were filled with requests for a killer nerf? I haven’t seen any in a hot minute

    •only time survivors troll the killer and be toxic is if the killer is toxic first like shaking their head no like if they’re good for no reason.

    Man all you say is entitled survivor bullshit, you should really think before talking

  • So what is the problem here?

  • I play on console and the game is way more fun.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    to all you PC players, doesn’t it get boring going against Nurses, Spirits, and huntresses constantly? Ever since cross-play that’s all I’ve been going against. Oh and yeah they’re sweaty... like coming out of a steam room sweaty.

    Please send over your nurses and spirits because I haven't seen one on PC in weeks! Thank you.

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    I'm a PC killer main and it's funny because for me, usually "god tier" killer are boring to me. Nurse, hillbilly and that stuff.

    But I've been trying cross play and I can easily beat 4 console survivors with almost every killer in the game.

    This is not something about killers being sweaty, is about the differences between console and PC. You just can't compare both platforms unless you are like a really god survivor on console. PC will always have advantages.

    Also, I don't need to have mercy for console players because they have the option of "turning off cross play". If they left that on, then that's not my problem.

    Since I guess you are a survivor console player, I will explain to you how it is the average killer main on PC.

    We usually don't play to get a 4k, but to get a merciless/ruthless killer, peak performance. This means, that we will usually have no mercy in any situation just to get our best scoring possible.

    We always play using our brain, map control, map pressure, and logic everytime. This means, we won't take into account survivor's feelings.

    But of course, at the end of the game, I will say gg to those who played fair and showed skill.

    And we will show no respect to those who acted cocky or showing no respect towards us.

    As simple as this.

    I completely agree with this but its the same for pc survivors too, unless it's a god console killer I absolutely destroyed them and same for me playing killer

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    I'm a PC killer main and it's funny because for me, usually "god tier" killer are boring to me. Nurse, hillbilly and that stuff.

    But I've been trying cross play and I can easily beat 4 console survivors with almost every killer in the game.

    This is not something about killers being sweaty, is about the differences between console and PC. You just can't compare both platforms unless you are like a really god survivor on console. PC will always have advantages.

    Also, I don't need to have mercy for console players because they have the option of "turning off cross play". If they left that on, then that's not my problem.

    Since I guess you are a survivor console player, I will explain to you how it is the average killer main on PC.

    We usually don't play to get a 4k, but to get a merciless/ruthless killer, peak performance. This means, that we will usually have no mercy in any situation just to get our best scoring possible.

    We always play using our brain, map control, map pressure, and logic everytime. This means, we won't take into account survivor's feelings.

    But of course, at the end of the game, I will say gg to those who played fair and showed skill.

    And we will show no respect to those who acted cocky or showing no respect towards us.

    As simple as this.

    Problem being that if we disable crossplay, then we can only match with other people on our platform that have disabled crossplay as well. So by disabling crossplay the loading matchmaking times will be longer than ever before. So in other words, we can't disable crossplay if we actually want to be able to find a match.

  • @siyke26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536752#Comment_1536752

    So basically we just dont play cross cause pc wont take into account that they are playing nonpc players and they want to have the advantages that comes while consoles which have an option to not play with pc only they can still enjoy crossplay

    Lmao PC players ain't gonna change the way they play just cause someone else is using a controller

  • Just saying skill is a requirement. If you want easy games play kyf because you sound like you don't like going against people with skill. Except Huntress with ire head that isn't skill.

  • @Roobnus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536907#Comment_1536907

    You literally quoted me in a post where I didn't blame everything on Survivors but the Developers aswell?

    The forum is filled with people that lack reading comprehension, mostly baby survivors - it's asonishing actually.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536981#Comment_1536981

    This is also true.

    Love the baby Killers that complain about looping and gen rushing.

    Love the baby Survivors that comlpain about camping and tunneling.

    Problem is that all the baby Survivors complain about camping & tunneling while they loop and gen rush. Which I'm totally fine as long as they shut the ######### up. Damn hypocrites.

    As someone who plays both, this is true and it makes me just as mad

  • It's not that pc killers are sweaty.

    It's the nature of the pc players. We have better frame rates and control, meaning the survivors we're going against are also stronger than consoles.

    So as crossplay is enabled, you are paired with these killers that are constantly going against better survivors. Of course you're gonna feel every killers are sweaty.

    I myself really want to play clown, but i can't really afford it unless i want to lose at first place.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Console survivors: "Pc killers are so sweaty, so boring!"

    Console survivors:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AVSGDWMGLT6E/image.png

    Man, PC survivors are exactly the same lol...

    To resume the game atm, players who know what they are doing and who are try-harding :

    • Killers : nurse, spirit, hag, huntress; strategy is to camp the hooked survivor, tunneling -> pretty boring
    • Survivors : all running DS, Unbreakable, Borrow and sprint burst; gen rushing

    This is the state of the game in 2020, 3 years after launch.

    What developpers needs to do :

    • Balance killers in order to make them all even, to bring variety in the killer choice : buff tier B/C killers, nerf tier S/A killers to have all killer on the same efficiency line
    • Change the way the hook system is done to avoid camp/tunneling : when a survivor is hooked, the hook disappears and reappears somewhere else on the map, killer doesn't see where (counterpart : lower the time to save the survivor)
    • Rework some maps, especially those with too many pallets/windows etc...
    • Hooks placement have to be reworked, we need more space between them
    • Remove some killer addons (one shot trap, hatchet, Infinite P3 blabla)
    • Remove some survivor perks or rework them
    • Add a mid-game event to add ~2 or 3 minutes to every game (to help the killer to have more chase time)
    • Include a working MMR matchmaking without displaying any rank (implementing visible ranks in every game only brought toxicity and thus in every game - OW, R6S, Valorant, LoL, DbD etc... Toxicity that didn't exist in older games when ranks didn't exist)

    With all those changes, there will be more variety in perks/killer choices, less try-hard, game will be funnier for everyone.

    But hey, do you know what developpers are busy to do ? Releasing 10€ cosmetics :). That's all.

  • Since I play PC I cant speak about extra sweatiness from PC Killers since they what I usually face but I can say console Survivors are super toxic, not that it tilts me as I take the game as what it is, a game but the amount of T-bag, meta perk spam and clicky flashlights is astounding. Best part is they dont even have to skills to backup such attempts at toxicity and they usually end sacrificed, are console Killers so soft that Survivors have grow overconfident? If thats the case they are going to learn to show the proper respect in blood.

    I think ive met more toxic console survivors in the few days after crossplay was implemented than in the whole 2020.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536733#Comment_1536733

    It’s a gamertag chill dude, and also:

    •the devs create good killers but since Killers can’t get their precious 4K with them all the time they play spirit , nurse, and huntress

    •Hmm when’s the last time these forums were filled with requests for a killer nerf? I haven’t seen any in a hot minute

    •only time survivors troll the killer and be toxic is if the killer is toxic first like shaking their head no like if they’re good for no reason.

    > Survivors are only toxic if the killer is toxic first

    No. Incorrect. I can't even put into words how wrong that is. It might be like that on console, but there are plenty of SWFs out there on PC who are as toxic and sweaty as they come.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    to all you PC players, doesn’t it get boring going against Nurses, Spirits, and huntresses constantly? Ever since cross-play that’s all I’ve been going against. Oh and yeah they’re sweaty... like coming out of a steam room sweaty.

    Not at all because I rarely go against them. I don't know why you think that's all there is. Barely anyone plays nurse, spirit I get once in a while, huntress is more common. It's mostly Freddy, legion, Oni, and Deathslinger, that are the ones I see all the time.

  • You never face those killers on console, so what the hell are you crying about?

    PC players have the option. To play every killer to it's maximum potential.

    Sorry to break it to you, but you can't just bully them as easily as console killers who have to play against the terrible performance

    So technically, you're playing the game in it's full potential now. Time to get gud against the top killer.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    I haven't noticed any differences at all. And as to whether or not the Mouse gives an advantage of a Console... I play with a PC but use a XBOX controller. All this muck is nonsense.

    Well I would say using a mouse over a controller in a first person view allows more diversity.

    From my experience I feel that you can't exert millimeter precision while also being able to do instant 360 turns with an analog stick.

    Maybe with hundreds to thousands of hours practice on high sensitivity to adapt your muscle memory to obtain the same precision, while still being able to do turns with the same max speed.

    And yes I know high turn speed is not highly necessary in dbd but would help against 360s and stuff, since it is by now already close to a stereotype that survivor are way more successful with them against killer on console than on pc.

  • @KIKI_ said:

    There is a reason for that. Pc survivors are sweaty as well. In my region, I used to go against swf over and over again before mmr and cross play. The only way to enjoy the game was to learn nurse, so i did. And i'm a pretty ######### good nurse, but I was kind force to do it due to the toxic environment pc survivors can provide.

    Now im chillin a bit, even using the weakest killers. Console player tend to be more chill and less toxic, so I answer in the same manner. I think bhvr did something great

    I completely agree with Kiki.

    I'm a PC player and I can tell, both survivor and killer players at red ranks are sweaty.

    Now with crossplay I'm getting chill killers and chill survivors, this way I can be more chill too.

    This is a great thing for the game, we are now able to play non-meta perks and killers in a viable way and not try to be as efficient as possible during the game.

    And, yes, most PC players at high ranks are/were sweaty, because the environment demanded them to be that way.

  • pc killers aren't sweaty. console killers are boosted.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Console survivors: "Pc killers are so sweaty, so boring!"

    Console survivors:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AVSGDWMGLT6E/image.png

    impressive, thats a lot of smol pp's :D

  • Nurses are not that common. And when you do see them, they generally suck. The good ones that smash are rare and smashing can happen on any killer.


    Spirit sucks, but likely she isn't as common as some of the other killers (probably because the community knows that playing her is uncool and will probably bring about loads of d/c's).


    Huntress isn't bad. You just need to get used to her. You probably don't have enough experience yet because you only played on console. I think she's one of the more fun killer to play against because she's easy to loop and dodging her hatchets is kind of a fun game (until you have to do an action that animation locks you).


    I think the bigger problems are Freddy and PH. Freddy just drags games out and it never feels fun. PH is just overall the epitome of bad design and probably the least fun killer to go against if we do not count Spirit.

  • I face a variety of killers. I'm on PC and today I played against Deathslinger, Ghost face and Clown.

  • I’m pretty sure it’s just bad luck on your part getting the same killers over and over. Even before crossplay I have yet to get the same killer constantly and it’s still the same after crossplay came out.

    And about PC killers being sweaty?? PC players play different and are a lot better cause PC runs so much better, sorry killers actually wanna win, guess that makes them sweaty lol

  • One thing I will say is that console survivors seem to be SUPER altruistic. Like, they’ll throw the game to take a hit for someone. Pretty much every time I’m chasing someone I hear running footsteps behind me and it’s one of their buddies coming to run interference, haha.

    It’s engrained in me to capitalise on this by doling out hits and slugging but I’ve been slowing down and letting people get their altruism points and it’s been really fun. The matches are slower paced and everyone gets a ton of points. I let the last guy get hatch and usually still double pip anyway because the gens were so slow and I had so many short chases. It’s pretty great.

  • I am so sweaty, that I let in most of my games someone go, or do farming with the survs.

    If bhvr buffs my fav killer again, after they have destroy him, I might can develope enough fun to play dbd again more often and show this behavior in more ranks, as rank 20 actual because I play maybe just 1 match/month at the moment.

    That is everything I can say to it as killermain and you maybe see there the problem^^.

  • Imagine getting stomped so hard you went into the options to tick the safety bubble check mark so you wouldn't be forced to get better.

  • @Xbob42 said:

    Imagine getting stomped so hard you went into the options to tick the safety bubble check mark so you wouldn't be forced to get better.

    Except there is no getting better against someone who has objectively better controls than you do.

    I have been a day one DLC buyer since 2018 and am committing to quitting this game if we don't get an option to lock out PC but keep the other consoles.

  • that is because pc survivors are way better than consoel survivors so they actually need to play like that to win

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    I'm a PC killer main and it's funny because for me, usually "god tier" killer are boring to me. Nurse, hillbilly and that stuff.

    But I've been trying cross play and I can easily beat 4 console survivors with almost every killer in the game.

    This is not something about killers being sweaty, is about the differences between console and PC. You just can't compare both platforms unless you are like a really god survivor on console. PC will always have advantages.

    Also, I don't need to have mercy for console players because they have the option of "turning off cross play". If they left that on, then that's not my problem.

    Since I guess you are a survivor console player, I will explain to you how it is the average killer main on PC.

    We usually don't play to get a 4k, but to get a merciless/ruthless killer, peak performance. This means, that we will usually have no mercy in any situation just to get our best scoring possible.

    We always play using our brain, map control, map pressure, and logic everytime. This means, we won't take into account survivor's feelings.

    But of course, at the end of the game, I will say gg to those who played fair and showed skill.

    And we will show no respect to those who acted cocky or showing no respect towards us.

    As simple as this.

    Except for the fact that as stated over the option screen, if I turn off crossplay I can only play with other PS4 members that ALSO have C-P turned off.


    My options either boil down to wait 6 hours for a lobby (already bad enough), or get bullied by unbeatable PC players.


    Thanks Devs, nobody asked for mandatory crossplay.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    to all you PC players, doesn’t it get boring going against Nurses, Spirits, and huntresses constantly? Ever since cross-play that’s all I’ve been going against. Oh and yeah they’re sweaty... like coming out of a steam room sweaty.

    It's what we've been conditioned to. You've got to understand something, the PC swf teams are brutal, on the edge of unbeatable. I'd you use anything other than a top killer with the strongest perks, you're going to have a bad day.

    Me personally, I play every killer. Been going easy on console and having a much better time.

  • @nixtunes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536752#Comment_1536752

    Except for the fact that as stated over the option screen, if I turn off crossplay I can only play with other PS4 members that ALSO have C-P turned off.

    My options either boil down to wait 6 hours for a lobby (already bad enough), or get bullied by unbeatable PC players.

    Thanks Devs, nobody asked for mandatory crossplay.

    That doesn't sound right. Theoretically you should get matched with other players who have crossplay on or off just fine, it'd just have to be a case where they weren't currently being matched with someone off-platform. At least that's how I'd assume it would work. Dunno if they specified that in their FAQ, but excluding other people on the same platform simply because they have their box unticked would make for pointlessly longer queue times when those people can easily still be roped into an all-PS4 or whichever platform game.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536733#Comment_1536733

    It’s a gamertag chill dude, and also:

    •the devs create good killers but since Killers can’t get their precious 4K with them all the time they play spirit , nurse, and huntress

    •Hmm when’s the last time these forums were filled with requests for a killer nerf? I haven’t seen any in a hot minute

    •only time survivors troll the killer and be toxic is if the killer is toxic first like shaking their head no like if they’re good for no reason.

    The devs made unviable killers that haven't been updated or improved upon to where they stand a chance against the meta. Nurse, spirit, huntress, are good killers that are able to somewhat counter this. Tell me how many good clowns you've lost against vs good nurses? The reason everyone picks nurse, spirit, and huntress (even though i personally never encounter nurse) is because they're stronger and more viable than say clown or Myers.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Since I play PC I cant speak about extra sweatiness from PC Killers since they what I usually face but I can say console Survivors are super toxic, not that it tilts me as I take the game as what it is, a game but the amount of T-bag, meta perk spam and clicky flashlights is astounding. Best part is they dont even have to skills to backup such attempts at toxicity and they usually end sacrificed, are console Killers so soft that Survivors have grow overconfident? If thats the case they are going to learn to show the proper respect in blood.

    I think ive met more toxic console survivors in the few days after crossplay was implemented than in the whole 2020.

    It’s not about soft. Please realize that is console killers have serious frame issues. We know it, console survivors know it, and it is abused. I’m personally glad pc killers are bringing the smoke to the endless attempts to 360 you guys and it doesn’t work because you have the frames to track them

  • PC is just a lot more sweaty than console in my experience. (that goes for other games too)

  • Constantly? Yesterday, at rank 2, I went against Clowns, Onis, Demos, Bubbas and Trappers o.O

    There was only one Nurse throughout the whole night.

    And PC killers are no more sweaty than console killers. You just need to get used to the fact that PC killers will inherently have more control over their movement than console users, and therefore the same jukes that work on console killers will not work on PC killers. Adapt.

  • @Robotman200 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536752#Comment_1536752

    I completely agree with this but its the same for pc survivors too, unless it's a god console killer I absolutely destroyed them and same for me playing killer

    Exactly! The gap is like so huge.

    That's why a loot of people on console is just disabling that option. I guess a lot less console players now and my queue times last for few minutes, before queue times lasted a few seconds.

  • @Psychic1337 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536752#Comment_1536752

    Problem being that if we disable crossplay, then we can only match with other people on our platform that have disabled crossplay as well. So by disabling crossplay the loading matchmaking times will be longer than ever before. So in other words, we can't disable crossplay if we actually want to be able to find a match.

    A lot of people is disabling cross play on console now since they realized the huge gap (hardware differences and optimizations obv, also gamepad vs mouse and keyboard).

1 2 3 4