hey devs, i hope youll be consistent with your beliefs and ban people for abusing the basement bug.

so everyone whos played the dlc knows if u get hooked in basement your camera is permanently blacked out and you cant see anything. killers have been purposely trying to force basement in order to do this in games. but god forbid somehow basement ever gets disabled or its fixed within 24 hours making every game miserable for any team. this is equal to the old flashlight macro crashing peoples games.

im curious to see what you do devs.

Comments

  • 3A91E1AD-2D69-4036-B60D-1F88EF1094ED.jpeg

    This happened to me it didn’t black my camera it just left me in falling animation that looked like the sky and didn’t go away till killer killed me

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887501#Comment_887501

    I did a lot of testing in KYF. Tried all hooks.

    It seems random. I've had all 4 hooks do it. I've had all 4 hooks not do it. I've had only one survivor suffer the issue and one be fine, then the next match it would be the other survivor, then sometimes both of them.

    I'm always interested in trying to find out why bugs happen, but this one boggles my mind to be honest. We can't find any consistency at all.

    Best logical reason I can come up with is that it's a dedicated server issue and something is wrong with syncing the clients when the survivor who gets hooked.

    This would make sense since there's already a known desync issue with some pretty heavy rubber banding.

  • @Tawnieeee said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887830#Comment_887830

    Bonus action versus a bug where you can't finish your game AT ALL, gee....it really IS the same thing! 🙄

    Sprint Burst exploit =/= to the basement bug. It's not even a comparison. Sure, exploiting a perk sucks and should be punishable...but this basement glitch completely robs you of the chance to play the rest of the game. To say the basement big is comparible to the SB exploit is dishonest.

    So you are ignoring the wake up bug which made games unwinnable for killers since they end less than 3 minutes. You never asked for comparisons and I never said they were comparable you asked for bennifitial bugs on the survivors side and those would still make the game unwinnable for the killer as the basement bug is doing for the survivor.

  • @starkiller1286 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887936#Comment_887936

    So you are ignoring the wake up bug which made games unwinnable for killers since they end less than 3 minutes. You never asked for comparisons and I never said they were comparable you asked for bennifitial bugs on the survivors side and those would still make the game unwinnable for the killer as the basement bug is doing for the survivor.

    Difference is, you still got to finish your game and get your points even with the Wake Up exploit.


    Imagine having a game as killer where as soon as you hook a survivor or get pallet stunned, you're unable to see or do anything. It would be fixed in a hot second. Hell, we were stuck with the bug of being able to see survivor's auras on gens for over a week before it was fixed...it's ridiculous.


    At the end of the day, this bug is game breaking for survivors

  • Is this basement bug for ANY basement or just the new map. Considering 2 of the tome challenges for level 3 are for basement hooks, and hooking ppl in the basement is a strong play anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if alot of killers are basement hooking WITHOUT trying to cheat.


  • @Tawnieeee said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887986#Comment_887986

    Difference is, you still got to finish your game and get your points even with the Wake Up exploit.

    Imagine having a game as killer where as soon as you hook a survivor or get pallet stunned, you're unable to see or do anything. It would be fixed in a hot second. Hell, we were stuck with the bug of being able to see survivor's auras on gens for over a week before it was fixed...it's ridiculous.

    At the end of the day, this bug is game breaking for survivors

    Funny you should say that, the permanent flashlight blind bug is still active. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/92693/permanently-blinded-by-flashlight

  • @Tawnieeee said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887830#Comment_887830

    Bonus action versus a bug where you can't finish your game AT ALL, gee....it really IS the same thing! 🙄

    Sprint Burst exploit =/= to the basement bug. It's not even a comparison. Sure, exploiting a perk sucks and should be punishable...but this basement glitch completely robs you of the chance to play the rest of the game. To say the basement big is comparible to the SB exploit is dishonest.

    let's not forget that fun bug introduce with the EGC where survivors literally couldn't escape and had to wait for the EGC to kill you... How many weeks did that bug last for?

  • If someone hadn't yelled at me in end-game chat, I would have never even known.

  • @A_Crow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887377#Comment_887377

    Well I was falling into nothing for about 40 seconds until the killer somehow picked me up.

    See i didnt get the falling part i got picked up and then couldnt wiggle at all and then flew off into a void when i was hooked but it was my death hook so i didnt see much else

  • @LordGlint said:

    Is this basement bug for ANY basement or just the new map. Considering 2 of the tome challenges for level 3 are for basement hooks, and hooking ppl in the basement is a strong play anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if alot of killers are basement hooking WITHOUT trying to cheat.

    every basement

  • @HamdaN said:

    so everyone whos played the dlc knows if u get hooked in basement your camera is permanently blacked out and you cant see anything. killers have been purposely trying to force basement in order to do this in games. but god forbid somehow basement ever gets disabled or its fixed within 24 hours making every game miserable for any team. this is equal to the old flashlight macro crashing peoples games.

    im curious to see what you do devs.

    I havent had that issue since the release of the dlc.

  • OK, COOL! Still doesn't happen almost every single match to multiple survivors. Flashlight blinds can also be avoided most of the time. That's definitely a huge disadvantage but the killer's FOV is not looking at the sky, completely rendering him useless.


    By the way, why does it always come down to, "but but but this happens" like a cold who got in trouble and wants to turn around and rat their sibling out? If only people would stop with the whataboutisms and instead demand that the dev's immediately remedy these situations that are particularly gamebreaking..

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887414#Comment_887414

    It's listed as one of the known issues in the patch notes.

    There's probably no ETA yet because they don't have one.

    Like how....?!

    BHVR: Ooh we have a bug in our release that prevents survivors from actually playing the game.

    Let's release it anyway, ######### the people who play our game

  • There needs to be an emergency patch issued immediately. That's all there is to it. I mean game-breaking issues like this in most games would result in an immediate statement at least. Have they made any statements about it?

  • It is a particular emergency fix bug not only because of being game changing, but also because many killers are still doing the basement challenge wich promotes the appearence of the bug even more.

  • Didn't even know about this?

    I've been putting people in the basement purely for challenges. Is it only on the new map or in general?

  • @TunnelVision said:

    Didn't even know about this?

    I've been putting people in the basement purely for challenges. Is it only on the new map or in general?

    I was put in the basement 2 times yesterday, in haddonfield the bug showed up. Haven't even played the new map... I mean, I did for 1 minute but the killer quited because (according to him) he got stuck at a generator not being able to move. I actually saw him bumping against the generator with the chainsaw (a Bubba) and quitted after a few seconds.

  • To be honest an announcement should been made yesterday then it could be reportable. Or they could just put some blocking volume to bandaid disable all basement access fast till they fix it. This night was a ######### show and I gave up after 4 matches.

  • @HamdaN said:

    so everyone whos played the dlc knows if u get hooked in basement your camera is permanently blacked out and you cant see anything. killers have been purposely trying to force basement in order to do this in games. but god forbid somehow basement ever gets disabled or its fixed within 24 hours making every game miserable for any team. this is equal to the old flashlight macro crashing peoples games.

    im curious to see what you do devs.

    I agree ban them all.

    I wanna see how long those waiting times for a lobby can be.

  • all of my basement hooks have been basement glitches, cant do ######### anymore after being unhooked

  • @Tawnieeee said:

    It's highly unfair. Sure, *some* may not know about the glitch...but let's be real. If you play this game regularly, you know what's going on. Let's not pretend like every killer is doing it on accident - - everyone is all of a sudden running Agitation and Iron Grasp and going to the basement. It's not just a huge coincidence. We KNOW people like to exploit bugs to their advantage.

    That being said, it's crap as survivor - - we're deranking rapidly because of killers purposely hooking in the basement. Rank isn't too important, but when you're in red ranks it sucks to derank sure to something not your fault. I'm waiting on a glitch that benefits survivors for a change, bet that would be fixed immediately!

    Yeah, it's not like there are challenges that require basement hooks or even multiple at the same time.... Ofcourse it's more likely that people want to abuse a bug than do the challenges...

  • @Tawnieeee said:

    It's highly unfair. Sure, *some* may not know about the glitch...but let's be real. If you play this game regularly, you know what's going on. Let's not pretend like every killer is doing it on accident - - everyone is all of a sudden running Agitation and Iron Grasp and going to the basement. It's not just a huge coincidence. We KNOW people like to exploit bugs to their advantage.

    That being said, it's crap as survivor - - we're deranking rapidly because of killers purposely hooking in the basement. Rank isn't too important, but when you're in red ranks it sucks to derank sure to something not your fault. I'm waiting on a glitch that benefits survivors for a change, bet that would be fixed immediately!

    I'm sure that has nothing to do with the tome

  • @fcc2014 said:

    Medkit addons are not adding charges. Welcome players, you are once again apart of DBD's Quality Assurance Team,

    Just noticed this too, like how do such significant bugs go unnoticed until after they get pushed to live? I know the player base only plays the ptb to test new content but still, you’d think they’d at least have a few ppl who play and try to find bugs during the ptb

  • As someone who only just figured out this is why people kept DC'ing on me toward the basement, people should not be banned. I was just attempting to get my challenges done, and everytime, the survivor just DC'ed before reaching the hook. At first, I just assumed they rage quit, then I found this and it all makes sense now. I feel terrible for the survivors who did DC since I had no clue about this bug. There is no excuse for them not to be issuing a statement, because this is going to get worse when the real trolls of the game begin to abuse this bug, not to mention, the fact some people still need basement kills for their challenge, and are now locked from that since Survivors keep DC'ing near the basement

  • Is there a proof video for that? I would like to see how it looks like. Never had it yet.

  • Actually, basement bug can be considered abuse of an exploit.

  • When the game Is broken and u cant dc neither bcs of the new ban system, pretty good job bhvr

  • There is a small issue with this, how would you know the Killer is intentionally abusing the bug and didn't accidentally stumble across it? How would they know it's even in-game without someone mentioning it post-game chat?

    Unless they state in chat that they're abusing the bug, there will be no accurate proof indicating they're breaking the rules.

    And before you say 'You can tell by the way they're shepherding players towards the basement', there are challenges that require you hook Survivors in the basement. I did one challenge pre-patch, all I did that match was shepherd the Survivors to the basement area to hook them there.

    ----

    For the current time, Survivors should try to steer clear of the basement whilst BHVR look for a fix. (Temp fix can possibly be sealing off the basement for now, but they might have a better solution).

  • Should it be fixed asap?

    Yes it should

    Should people get banned for it?

    No not at all

    You can't even tell from the killers point of view when this occurs other then the survivors acting a bit funny

    And the basement is a big part of the game

    Imagen if their was a bug that made pallet stuns last 3 times as long, would you ban every survivor that stunned a killer then?

    It does need to be fixed or atleast the basement disabled asap though

  • @Pulsar said:

    This isn't any worse than the Wake Up exploit or the Sprint Burst exploit. Were any people banned? Nope.

    Besides, the odds of getting a basement hook are very low.

    +1

  • I dont think that they ever banned anyone for abusing bugs like this. None of them i reported for abusing bugs was (permanently) banned, as I still got matched against them.

  • pair That with you can’t wiggle and it’s a free kill for the killer no work put in

  • No one should be banned for it since most people don't even know about it. A killer could just be using a basement build just because they want to, without knowing that this is a bug.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    Lower that entitlement a bit. It is a bug. Wake up was a bug sprint burst was a bug, agitation II, etc etc etc..... The legion addons were over site by the devs didn't deserve a ban either. The game is constantly broke lets stop try to get one another banned for the devs ######### ups and focus on the actual issues.

    Its an exploit in the game and is really unfair and unenjoyable. If you are aware of this and do it consistently you should be banned

  • @ygnea said:

    Its pissing me off how they aren't even mentioning it. Bhvr is constantly leaving their players in the dark about bugs and it's starting to really irritate me. Fix this ######### bug it is game breaking and makes this game miserable to play.

    If you know about it then you aren't in the dark.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Yes, I should totally be banned because I am trying to complete my Tome challenge. It's obvious that I was trying to abuse an exploit. Why else would I take a Survivor to the basement?

    This.

  • ive been depiping like crazy because of this bug. i really hope they fix it soon because its even more annoying than the broken window bugs.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    *cries with the basement challenges open*

    lol, just realised

  • @Amaro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/887795#Comment_887795

    Yeah, it's not like there are challenges that require basement hooks or even multiple at the same time.... Ofcourse it's more likely that people want to abuse a bug than do the challenges...

    Yeah, and all of a sudden EVERY killer is working towards this achievement. 🙄


    Just like every survivor who exploited SB didn't know, right?

  • In a community where people are proudly toxic, yeah. I'm sure they're aaaalll innocent and the ONLY reason people are hooking in the basement is because of the challenges. 🤡

  • happened to me like 4 times today

    i just let people die in the basement now

    no point in saving. dont wanna risk getting hooked there too

  • If you're on here you know about it and you know that hooking a survivor in the basement locks them out of play. I'm pretty sure it was in the patch notes so everybody knows by now. Now's not the time to do a basement tome bud

  • See I'm inclined to say that you're lying but then I went up against a Trapper with Iron Grasp and Agitation who carried me across the entire map just to hook me in the basement, and then (despite not having the basement bug) no one came to unhook me and I died on first hook cause "oh he's basement bugged there's no reason to save him."

    It just pisses me off that it's going to take them like 2 weeks to fix this game breaking issue on top of all the other game-breaking issues that came with this update.

  • Basement Tome is out atm too.

  • @TigerKirby215 said:

    See I'm inclined to say that you're lying but then I went up against a Trapper with Iron Grasp and Agitation who carried me across the entire map just to hook me in the basement, and then (despite not having the basement bug) no one came to unhook me and I died on first hook cause "oh he's basement bugged there's no reason to save him."

    It just pisses me off that it's going to take them like 2 weeks to fix this game breaking issue on top of all the other game-breaking issues that came with this update.

    There’s also the fact that he’s already proven himself as a bug exploiter, so survivor’s want to stay as far from that part of the map as possible. But yeah, don’t expect a rescue if hooked in basement.

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109506/hey-devs-i-hope-youll-be-consistent-with-your-beliefs-and-ban-people-for-abusing-the-basement-bug

    Ah yes let's randomly ban players for not knowing this bug and not ban players that abused the Sprint burst bug and the wake up bug back then.

    Let's just ban players for something that these developers keep constantly doing

    Oh and could we forget the Thanataphobia bug that decreased all of your actions that came with the wake up bug too?

  • You cannot ban players for "abusing it". I had it happen to me, killer knew what was going on tho. A load of dbd's playerbase doesn't engage with the community, and have no idea about an exploit. Same with mend bug, some people had no idea those add ons were busted. It is NOT an exploit to use an add on, the devs handled something that was their fault awfully.

  • i actually had no idea if im being honest and now i feel bad because like the last match i played i hook everyone in the basement but does it only do this sometimes because they still played like a regular player.

  • The odds of getting a basement hook right now are actually the highest I've ever witnessed them. You've got multiple challenges in Tome 1 demanding not one, but multiple basement hooks. I've faced this glitch no less than a dozen times over the past few days, each time from a person running an obvious basement build, many times bypassing one and even two outside hooks to drop me in the basement.

    Now, was every one of them doing it maliciously? I don't think so; not at all. Are some? Sure, there always are when a game-breaker bug like this pops up. It's just the perfect storm of Tome challenges requiring the use of the very thing that is bugged. Pretty good job so far 👌

    And the D/C system change incoming today is going to make this an absolute cluster-kcuf disaster unless this bug is hot-fixed before it drops or at least postponed until they can fix it, because with several instances I couldn't even die on hook or by EGC so a D/C is the ONLY exit.

  • How could you ban for using the basement bug? Sure it's annoying but what are they gonna say? "Hey guys don't hook people in the basement until we fix our game, we know it's very convenient at times and we know that you have challenges that have to do with the basement but just don't do it ok pls" I wish people that abused it could get some sort of punishment for it too but I don't think that's even an option. At best survivors that get basement hooked in a game should get the pip back that they lost (If they even depipped at all)

1 2 3