A discussion about D-Strike - Do you like the change?
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48381/decisive-strike-upcoming-changes#latest
Here's the blogpost - you can't comment on it so I thought I'd shoot it on over here.
What are your thoughts? I honestly like it and it's more of an anti-tunnel perk now which is what I think most people wanted it to to be.

and for those of you who said it wouldn't happen I'm more interested in your thoughts on it.
Comments
You went through the effort of creating an accoutn to write this? lul
Initially, it said "Kate" instead of "Laurie". It was hilarious.
Love the changes. I can actually use this perk now against those nasty tunnelers and its guaranteed to work too. With the current DS, I only got to use it half the time because of missing skill check or getting dribbled. Half the time when I was obsession, cause when I wasn't, not much chance of it triggering. So it's no longer a wasted perk slot. Also killers can easily dodge it by not tunneling. Good job BHVR!!!
I love it so much! i really like the change, it feels way more balanced, perhaps i will start using it now
Yep, well done lads, talking ######### to new users congratulations aren't you just the greatest welcoming committee.
Thanks, I will always trashtalk trashtalkers. If they want to have a reasonable conversation, then they need to bring up reasonable arguments.
I confuse Kate with Laurie all the time (in my head, but only once or twice on the forum). I genuinely thought it was funny to find someone else who does it too.
having a different opinion isn't trash talking, it's an opinion, so they aren't wrong you just disagree with them, how about becoming an adult and having a conversation with them instead. They've done nothing to you.
You're not stupid though so you can see how it looks.
From what I've read about this change so far, I feel that it is fantastic, and will be good for the health of the game, for both sides.
It gives killers the momentum they need during a match and allows them to play a little more relaxed since they don't have to worry about getting hit with a decisive strike before they get their first hook on a survivor. They can also counter it now whereas before it had no real counters.
On the survivor side, it offers powerful protection against getting tunneled right off of a hook, which is a genuinely unenjoyable thing to experience. It will also pair very nicely with other perks like tenacity or unbreakable to prevent those cases where a killer will slug to avoid the perk.
I primarily play as a solo survivor, but I do play enough killer to know how frustrating DS can be during a match, so I do not use the perk myself. However, I would not be afraid to add this changed version to my loadout since I do not enjoy having a killer focus me down.
I almost never tunnel, so this perk won't have any effect against me.
I love this nerf.
Ehm no? It literally gives you another chase while getting tunneled.
Anti-tunnel perk rather then a easy escape perk. Like it.
Ah, another reason to make sure everyone only gets one hook.
Thanks for your faces in advance
On a serious note:
Dying Light
The active Obsession has the altruistic action speed bonus while they are alive.
If the active Obsession is killed, Dying Light's de-buff is applied to all remaining survivors.
If, at some point in the trial, another player becomes the Obsession, Dying Lights de-buff will be removed as the Obsession is considered alive again.
lololololololololol
1st and foremost, I'd like to congratulate the developers on what appears to be an update in which you brainstormed certain short falls. When I first read it, I thought, wow, this is a perfect setup for camping/tunneling with the excuse "...thought they had DS." But, the part about juggling and the check coming as you are getting picked up was a nice anticipatory move!
I like, and dislike the change. I play mostly killer with some survivor, but have never run DS, nor will I likely ever run it. I like that the perk does not take effect until after the first hook, and within 60 seconds of unhook. It may actually discourage some tunneling/insta-down camping. On the other hand, I don't like that the timer was shortened. That's right, I said I don't like that it is only 3 second base timer for the stun. Now, if Enduring does not work on that stun, then I'm 100% fine with it. Some further ideas:
I know a lot of killers won't like those, but I'm not about easy games. I did not like DS as it was, I still don't like that it is a get out of jail card, but if you are going to limit a perk, don't fully neuter it. Perk slots are precious, which is why I don't use a one-time use perk like DS when I play survivor. I prefer stuff that benefits me throughout the match.
Should probably point out that Object of Obsession still works when you aren't the Obsession. You just lose a few meters
I'm fine with the DS change I just feel like 3 seconds is too little, it should be 3.5 or 4 due to the fact that it only activates for 60 seconds.
Dying light is going to need a re-work as it is now obsolete, even if the obsession dies, a new one can take its place, and the de-buffs will be restored to normal
I didn't read through the comments.
Can this be used 3 times per match, on all Survivors?
The whole "getting it back" thing is what makes it obsolete. You shouldn't have to get it back. It also gives an additional rotational buff to survivors, increasing their altruism speed.
Remember me is also nerfed hard by this. You wanted your stacks, but you also wanted to kill the obsession since they are unaffected by the additional seconds added to opening the gate. Now somebody can just D/S, become obsession, and override the perk by opening the gate in the normal amount of time.
I don't run dying light builds often, but after next patch, ill be sure to kill the obsession and then slug the remaining three so that my dying light debuff remains throughout the trial.
Are there more survivor nerfs coming?
Make your choice for example as you will be forced to slug anyone freshly unhooked? Allow you to slug them and pursue to other survivor?
Knock out for the slugging?
Rancor because.....well why not.
Or just slug the obsession and save a perk slot lol, Don't get me wrong im all for the change, but the ol green mori / dying light special was nice, kinda cucked by obsession swapping in the long run. HOWEVER, you can now mori the obsession without ever eating a D/S since they have to be hooked first to use it. Overall it is a good change.
10 seconds to run away from the hook. 16 seconds to be healed, 32 if you self-care which barely anyone does after an unhook.
20/30/40 seconds would be plenty of time. Hell even 30/40/50.
If you dont see anyone and stumble across a survivor within those 60 seconds you could be punished gor unintentional tunneling.
Id like to think the 60 seconds is for anti-slugging measures to an extent. If you tunnel somebody with the new D/S off a hook and down them, you need to wait to counter the perk. If it was only 10 seconds that would be kinda garbage, if i was pig i would just t-bag you for 10 seconds and then hook you as i laugh at your wasted perk.
Easily allows you to make use of unbreakable as well if the killer is slugging. I don't think 10 seconds would be enough to get yourself off the floor.
I think it's fine at 60, any lower and the killer will sit and wait every time before hooking imo.
60 is a nice time because while a killer could wait out the timer a lot of other things will be done by survivors, any less and it's safe for the killer to wait it out if you know what i mean.
whether he is the obsession is unrelated to using DS anymore, right?
You have killers who face camp, an additional x amount of seconds wont really matter too much to them.
but 60 seconds is far less encouraging to do it than a shorter timer.
I guess we will have to wait and see when we get to try it.
I don't feel like these changes make it an anti-tunnel perk. I feel like it will create an artificial desire (on the survivor's end) to GET tunneled. if you can only use it for a minute after getting unhooked, then NOT getting tunneled hard counters it and makes it as situational as borrowed time and deliverance, and will mostly have the same role as borrowed time just for the hooked survivor rather than the rescuer.
re: "we don't see noed as a ds equivalent" - I used to never run DS because it seemed like a shithead thing to do considering how divisive it was. then you guys buffed noed and 90% of killers started running it, so we entered a meta where it seemed unreasonable NOT to use it. noed doesn't "have multiple gameplay counters" - either you devote one or two people to wasting most of the game running around fondling piles of bones and make the game 3v1 (or 2v1) or you don't. on the off-chance the killer doesn't have noed and someone did go around cleansing totems, that person wasted the entire game gaining almost no bloodpoints. they weren't in chases, they weren't doing gens, they were just making small talk with totems for 800bp a pop. if that person cleanses all totems and they're all dull, that's still only halfway on boldness and not a very productive game for them. with some of the totem spawns, by then either half their team is dead and it's a hatch game or most of the gens are done and the only other points they'll get is for escaping.
that being said, this will also make object of obsession almost completely irrelevant, or at minimum just as situational as every other perk mentioned. MAYBE if a new survivor were to be introduced that came with a perk that had them maintain the obsession even if someone else used decisive (would need to have more than JUST that or it's even more situational and essentially a wasted perk slot in most games) then it would be...kind of...okay...? or maybe change object as well to have it maintain obsession. you guys can't just go and make object less viable and more niche that it already is, it's a super fun perk to mess around with.
I don't disagree with the mentality that DS needs some sort of change, but you also have to consider what this particular change will do to the game. especially things like remember me and dying light. imagine being a freddy main that relies on remember me + blood warden (as a vast majority of freddy mains do) and suddenly remember me is useless because....and here's the kicker...he tunneled someone, as freddy players tend to do, and suddenly he has a new obsession that walks off into the corn, never to be seen again. do you guys REALLY want to put freddy in a worse place then he already is?
on top of all that, it will more than likely create significantly more lobby dodging on the side of the killers. they'll see non-default skins and be like :shrug: probably ds users time to not play that one! that or they'll juggle literally everyone. I get that people want a DS change but is this it?
edit: this will also artificially create a new slugging meta. time for unbreakable+no mither+tenacity+resilience to not be a meme anymore...??
I don't see my question answered... does anyone know if a survivor will be able to "save" their DS by not hitting the skill check for a posterior unhook??
My main concern is obsession changing. I run Dying Light, so I'd rather not have my bonus taken away because someone gets unhooked. It'll also be MUCH easier to tell if someone runs DS since from what I understand I'll see the obsession changing
That way if you get 1 constant obsession nothing changes
Otherwise you could get 2 hooks on the obsession, obsession changes, 1 hook on the new obsession and therr you go, 3 hooks just as much effort as before and you get the speed penalty.
Here you go bud.
Theres a QA under the original blog post if you wanna go check it out.