A discussion about D-Strike - Do you like the change?
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48381/decisive-strike-upcoming-changes#latest
Here's the blogpost - you can't comment on it so I thought I'd shoot it on over here.
What are your thoughts? I honestly like it and it's more of an anti-tunnel perk now which is what I think most people wanted it to to be.

and for those of you who said it wouldn't happen I'm more interested in your thoughts on it.
Comments
What if the obsession dies in the first hook?
Thanks for answering. The Q&A section was added after the last time I checked the initial post.
If the obsession is killed, the Dying Light debuff will activate. If a survivor uses DS, they will become the obsession, and Dying Light's Debuff will be deactivated and the new obsession will receive Dying Light's healing buff. No survivor "comes back to life".
If you read the the post that is linked at the top, it is explained that DS will only be deactivated if the survivor succeeds or misses the skill check.
this
No, I would disagree.
1. The skill check is larger, and the skill check activates during the pick up animation (no more juggling). This means the perk is more reliable in terms of actually being able to use it when the opportunity arises.
2. The 40/50/60 second window of being able to use the perk is a nerf, of course, but it's intended to discourage tunneling. Plus, if a killer decides to slug and wait out the timer, perks like Unbreakable, Tenacity and even No Mither have new potential for reliability.
3. On a technicality, multiple DS users get a buff, because now there's no wiggle meter that must be reached.
4. Enduring counters DS now by increasing stun recovery speed, and there is a single amount of stun time: 3 seconds.
The changes have been made to balance the perk, and help other perks, which have been failing, regarding the opportunity for them to actually get used. i.e. Unbreakable and No Mither.
Also, if you use DS, you won't be the obsession instantly because the perk doesn't have "Increases your chances of becoming the killer's obsession" so you'll have to use other obsession perks to start the trial as the obsession.
It's a perk change to balance it, it isn't a nerf to survivors at all.
There are plenty of people who do just fine without it.
Worst is u can't control when to shoot DS, I used todo before 3rd or 2nd hook, now so trash when killer wants or not
What?
I really, really, REALLY like this change.
1) It isn't a free escape anymore.
2) It counters tunneling, which is something I don't do.
3) It's countered by not tunneling, which is something I DO do (big surprise coming from the Legion main, I know).
4) Reduced stun time is orgasmic, especially with Enduring.
This is the first time I have ever looked at Decisive and thought, "This Perk doesn't need to be removed from the game."
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I... I think I like Decisive Strike now.
DS had to change, it got out of hand. You just don't have time in a match, adn that's exactly what gets taken away from you.
They should add a dagger in the chest aswell that actually enables the use of DS. That would be perfect.
Not sure about the obsession changing thing going on, but the rest of it is pretty great honestly.
Tunneling Killers can get punished, it guarantees at least 1 hook aside from stunning/flashlight.
2 survivors camped in the basement? If someone can get and unhook them both, even if the killer comes back and knocks them both down, now they can't be rehooked in the basement. They get 60 seconds to crawl away. If the killer attempts it they take a stun and the player runs out anyway.
Ok, that makes it a great anti-tunnel perk (and only that). I like it.
Yes but if 4 men used old DS, nobody would be hooked in the basement anyway.
I approve of the change. Changes the Obsession mechanic a bit (which probably does more harm than good in the end for other obsession perks) but DS itself becomes much less of a Get-Out-of-Jail-Free-Card and more of an incentive to avoid tunneling.
It's a pure buff for BBQC though. Eat it survivors because you won't stop that OP 4 stack. The rest doesn't matter.
DCs though.
They should give tokens for DCs. I am pushing this in this forum lol
Sooner or later they are going to have to punish DC hard. Right now the punishment is so far off that it has no noticeable effect in games. It affects both sides though so they will sacrifice that group for the rest. If it only affected killers I'd worry it would be ignored, but it hoses the other survivors and as Behav10rs pet group that is not acceptable.