A discussion about D-Strike - Do you like the change?
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48381/decisive-strike-upcoming-changes#latest
Here's the blogpost - you can't comment on it so I thought I'd shoot it on over here.
What are your thoughts? I honestly like it and it's more of an anti-tunnel perk now which is what I think most people wanted it to to be.

and for those of you who said it wouldn't happen I'm more interested in your thoughts on it.
Comments
Loving iiiiit. Toxic survivors can't be toxic anymore and tunneling killers are gonna have a harder time
I think it's okay but I don't like the mechanic where your obsession can change mid-game. From how I understand it you don't become the obsession until you use d-strike so that would hurt killer's obsession perks a lot if that's how it works.
I like it in theory, but it just sucks when you have to burn a perk slot to counter bad game design (no tunnel protection). And afterwords, how many people get away after using DS? It's just meh to me.
So it's basically the same old perk for end-game hook rushing?
It is a pretty ######### change I would say.
Maybe we could tag @not_Queen & @Patricia_BHVR & @McLean to see if they can clarify on if it changes or not.
I think the fact that the killer can simply slug you for a minute, instead of picking you up, completely breaks this "redesign", and instantly makes it a trash tier perk..
EDIT: It should ACTIVATE and become usable as soon as you're downed within 40/50/60 seconds of being unhook/unhooking yourself - that would fix it imho.
I think the killer can leave the person on the ground for a minute and then pick him up
i think we are going to see more ds users now and slugging might see a big come back
Yeah I would really like to hear their answers to that. I hope if an obsession was already killed in the game then there will be no obsession switch. That’s the only fair thing I can think of and I hope that’s how it will work. I also wish being the obsession had an inherent down side, whether killer had an obsession perk or not. Without one, being the obsession means nothing. It would be better if being the obsession was something you wanted to avoid no matter what.
I love it.
It is basically an anti tunnel perk. They didn't kill the perk but it is not as powerful as it used to be.
That is one of the best changes that they could come up with.
I wonder when this will happen.
also unbreakable is gonna get some popularity again
Survivors will just swarm in and complete the healing and then body block all the way out of the gate. Feelsbadman
As killer i like it a lot because i never tunnel someone and this for me means: no more ds during my matches.
THANKS DEVS
ds, unbreakable, self-care and sprint burst. new meta
I like the idea of obsession changing but what's the point if the only obsession perk in the game is DS? This would discourage chasing someone if you had STBFL after they DS you but this is also going to make the obsession perks for survivor harder to use which I'm fine with tbh.
Yes, very much!
Few questions @not_Queen :
1. If the timer runs out after the first unhook (without using it), will the perk become active again after the second unhook? Or is it only active for the first unhook of the match?
2. If it is active for every unhook, can you still save it up by ignoring the skillcheck? And use it later after the second unhook?
I like it as well. Dynamically changing the Obsession is something really interesting. Maybe we will see more about it in the future, which is exciting. If the Obsession changes midway through the match, that might mean we will be getting reworked Obsession perks (as said by Scorpio, Dying Light is an interesting case if this happens), which I am definitely up for.
I would argue it's nothing that you have to earn and more of a situational anti-tunnel perk. Very similar like Unbreakable is a one-time-counter to slugging.
That's a good question. I don't mind the obsession changing. But currently it would make it a big DL counter as well, if that the case. On the other hand I'm not a big fan of DL in the fist place. It's not op or anything like that. It's just a bad perk which encourages a one sides play and not a variety of options for a killer.
Maybe, or broken depending on what happens if you kill the obsession before the DS user becomes the new obsession. If there is no obsession switch once first obsession is killed, cool and might be a buff. But if it switches and DL turns off until you kill that one too, then that’s a major nerf.
Amazing. This perk really needed this change, and this is a take on it I didn't expect. I don't want this to change at all.
What brain dead killer is letting survivors heal a teammate and not punishing them. I didn't even consider the slug tactic for it. Doubt it would be often but anybody running mad grit will be having a laugh. I still think the change is good as its not all powerful and killer has the potential to work around it.
End game or open gates hooks will be free escapes always now. No one is going to use DS after their first hook.
AHEM Thank you everyone for joining us on this fine day, I would like to raise a toast.
I Spit and dab on DS's grave and and make sure to be as obnoxious as possible during it's ceremonial burying.
They even shaved an extra second off the Rank 3 version, GOD BLESS
I thought DS expired after 60 seconds or did I misread. It won't be available after first hook?
edit - ohh. It's per unhook so there's two opportunities to use it.
Yes. I agree DS should be tweaked.
No, I don't agree it's a priority based on the other things broken in this game.
No, I don't agree with this change. They turned a top perk into a trash perk. If that was the goal, then good job.
Other than this I won't waste my time discussing on what they should do, I'm not paid for that. It's their job to design the game. If they want to keep doing this kinda of game design approach, let them. Fortunately, there are other games in the market.
I'm out of patience for the weak design decisions they keep throwing.
It doesn't say it expires after 60 seconds of your first hook. I think they must clarify this
Is it better like this, and more survivors switching to something else like Adrenaline, Self care, sprint burst? Or to increase the timer slightly to keep survivors using the new nerfed DS.
I don't have the answer, but a gameplay impact that needs to be considered.
Survivor ever f*cked! And fixed bugs BHVR??
Good point, can it still be saved?
Yeah that's my mistake I misread it. The perk only becomes active for 60 seconds after being unhooked and during the active time you can activate it and then the one time use is over.
Does the timer pause while being picked up though because I can see some unfortunate circumstances where it expires mid ds.
@Peanits Will the perk be still active for a second unhook if it's not used on the first one?
Uses Enduring
Hit or miss I bet they never miss huh?
DS... Ineffective
LOL!!! Not weak it's a fair perk. People that use the perk aren't good enough to play at their ranks if they need it obviously. Stops tunnelling now so it's a win win. Can still be used and should only be used against toxic salty killers. Yes can still be countered by Mori's but it's not that bad
Try it sometime. It's fun.
I think it's a very smart change. They turned a perk used (mostly) by toxic survivors to a perk useful against being tunneled/farmed. Plus it's not a counter to moris anymore, so it's even a buff to Dying Light.
I'm asking, they should clarify. Yours is also a good question.