A discussion about D-Strike - Do you like the change?
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48381/decisive-strike-upcoming-changes#latest
Here's the blogpost - you can't comment on it so I thought I'd shoot it on over here.
What are your thoughts? I honestly like it and it's more of an anti-tunnel perk now which is what I think most people wanted it to to be.

and for those of you who said it wouldn't happen I'm more interested in your thoughts on it.
Comments
Of course a default said this.
I love the changes, it actually makes Unbreakable a better perk than DS unless the killer has a mori.
Quick question, what's the green perk icon in the background? Windows of Opportunity? Autodidact? Or a new perk?
@not_Queen How will this affect perks like Dying Light? If you already killed/sacrificed the obsession, will the obsession still change and reverse the effect of Dying Light? How about Remember me? If the obsession is dead and another person uses Decisive strike, will they be able to open exit gates at regular speed?
To be clear I am very happy with this change but curious about interactions with other obsession perks.
It's quite simple, if you think about it.
Let's take DS as is now. The Obsession gets his ass graced instantly, the other 3 survivors, assuming they're running DS as well, have to wiggle to 35% before they can "lulz, think again" the killer. What this means is that while the Obsession DS has no counter, you may be able to avoid non-Obs. DS by downing the survivor(s) near a hook (you have 5 seconds to pick them up and actually hook them before they can run to their favorite infinite again and stall you for the remaining 1 and a half generators).
Now let's take DS as it's going to be with the next patch. There is NO OBSESSION AT ALL, meaning the killer doesn't even know that someone is running it. If the survivors do a stupid unhook in front of the killer, they get rewarded for it. Everybody gets it INSTANTLY, provided that they've been hooked at least once (and, once again, the perks rewards survivors for failing). As if i-frames and borrowed crutch weren't enough of a problem. It's even more rewarding of the survivors' stupidity than before. Now hookrushing at the end game (and in general) becomes completely impossible to stop, even as pre-shadownerf Leatherface.
This is not a nerf. It's _a buff disguised as _a nerf. And, as I said, it baffles me that the majority of the users posting in this thread don't seem to understand how poorly designed this new version of the perk is.
Pretty gud job so far, BHVR. You've proven once again that you don't have the faintest clue about what happens in your own game.
I have a lot of questions regarding the obsession changing, nevermind the actual changes to the perk itself. Most of my questions revolve around how the obsession changing will effect other perks.
Doesn't the perk only activating for a certain amount of time kinda make it pointless? The killer will just not pick them up until theyre sure the timer is out on it or just not go after the obsession. If you don't get to use it the first time, does it reactivate the second time you’re gotten off the hook? With killer obsession perks: How does it work for Remember Me? Does it count every time the killer has hit AN obsession or how many time the current obsession has been hit in the game, or is it how many times that survivor has been hit while being the obsession. If either the second or third options, does that change if the gates are powered and the obsession changes? How does it work with Dying Light? If the current obsession is sacrificed and the obsession changes, do the effects of Dying Light go away? For Play With Your Food, if the obsession changes while you were chasing the obsession, does that count as letting the obsession get away? With Rancor, if the obsession changes after you’ve killed the obsession, will the new obsession be exposed and able to be killed as well? How will the tokens be counted for Save The Best For Last?
Sorry if this isn't the right place for all these questions, I barely use the forums but that's my thoughts on the change and it's mostly questions.
Without giving the killer the option to waste his own time dribbling or the opportunity to immediately use a hook that the Survivor got downed under, you are giving Survivors yet another reward for unsafe unhooking. Hook diving with BT and DS will be the new meta.
Honestly, I expect killers will camp harder too, since the only way to play against it will be to hit rescuers on the way in and force trades.
I haven't used Decisive Strike in forever so I don't really care. I face it a ton when playing killer and usually more than 1. I really feel BHVR is creating more toxic behavior(pun intended) with this change the way it is. Killers will slug and wait the timer to run out. Survivors won't get to use their situational perk and DC. It happens now when people miss the DS or get juggled and can't use it. Wait for those killers who don't get hit with it often anymore and suddenly do. Guess what DC. You know what else survivors hate among getting camped and tunneled being slugged and waiting forever for killers to pick them up. The counter-play is going to be more survivors running instant heals,unbreakable and tenacity. You could have made Enduring suffer no stun penalty and no drop, could have made it so ONLY the obsession had the option for DS, could have made it so they have to use it for their first hook and are in the broken state the rest of the game.
Ok, yeah, it makes sense. It will be pretty confusing since I love using Save The Best For Last
I have a few comments about this.
First, WHY??? WHY CHANGE OBSESSIONS??? That part is confusing.
Second, about the timer. Does it stop when you are knocked down? Does it keep going like everyone else is thinking? If yes to the first, slugging is no longer a viable tactic to avoid DS. If yes to the second, well... slugs are incoming.
Otherwise, I like this. I refuse to use it myself in its current state (only exception being when I got Adept Laurie). Again, I don't like the obsession change, and the timer is a bit confusing, as well as the skill check occurring during the pick-up, but that I'm a bit better with.
I'm optimistic about the change. Since I don't use DS or tunnel I cannot wait to see how it plays out in games with others.
I hope they tell us how killer obsession perks will work soon.
Its Diversion.
Thanks.
Rly love the change it´s still a strong Perk but now you dont get insta f as Killer when the first guy you try to catch is a DS Guy (its all about the first hook to prevent 3 survivors from gen rushing). It`s still useful vs camper / tunneling. The switching of Obssesion might be a bit confusing.
Kate? you sure about that one?
PS: mods can we PLEASE for all things holy and unholy get a megathread?
If I bought Kate for Decisive Strike I'd regret it too
I love these changes, can't wait for them to be implemented in the next patch. Also, any news on the freddy rework?
So now it's attack of the alts?
All the more reason to not get caught again :chuffed:
I actually may use it a lot, and I have an incentive to not tunnel as Killer
Slug the DS one, chase the rescuer, let the ds one be healed, down him again, hook him, nothing changed. Be smart.
Surprisingly no, there doesn't appear to be any alts going on (at least from the bunch I've checked). I'm guessing that because DS has been such a hit topic for so long loads of people are only now creating accounts just to get their thoughts out there.
Color me surprised.
It's getting really obnoxious how every patch brings more killer buffs and does nothing to address the balance issues that favor the killer.
I agree Decisive strike was a crutch perk and needed a nerf but this was a bit far.
It would have been well enough to just make it only affect the obsession.
This perk doesn't address many of the frustrating aspects of decisive strike.
Killer can still dribble you and if you miss your skillcheck you still have a dead perk slot.
Aren't there higher priority fixes
How about some hitbox fixes!
You recently buffed noed which is the killer version of DS.
Can we get some balance.
Skill check is triggered as soon as you're picked up. Dribbling is gone. The skill check thing was always there, so that's a moot point.
Not in any way, shape, or form. That's just survivor rhetoric.
Assuming unhooker doesn't have BT.
I'm very happy with this change! Can't wait until we get the update 👍
I didn't sit and read 5 pages worth of responses yet, but I will say as a survivor main and a killer dabbler I think this is the best change they could have had.
Introduce a little counter-play. How is this even remotely seen as negative? I've literally never used DS. Ever. And I manage to have fun and secure wins both solo and SWF. And it seems like most of the negativity surrounding DS has been addressed. Dribbling will cease, since by the time the animation finishes for a killer picking up the survivor the skill check will have come and gone. Skill checks will be even easier to hit for the potatoes among us. There's a time limit to counter, which can still result in a survivor win in late game if the killer doesn't play smart.
You know, this basically means that the survivor player base has to evolve and adapt to new strategies. Which is something most of us are (apparently) against? Some of you have over 3k hours on this game and you're upset because they're introducing a change that forces you to adapt your playstyle slightly? This is not the end of the world.
I love it. counters tunnellers.
Imo the timer for how long it's active to be used after unhooking is too long. If you're seriously getting tunneled that hard, a much lower timer will be effective. At 60 seconds I could literally make it across the map, down and hook someone else, then come back to find them again and they are still in that 60 second window to get the DS on me. That scenario isn't a tunnel and I get punished. I like the change, just lower the timer some so that it really is JUST an anti-tunnel perk, not an immunity for a minute perk.
HOW?
Did you read the description?
Yeah, tell me.
The same way BBQ semi counters camping. It gives killer another reason to not tunnel. Devs made very clever move with this new change since it affects even games with no DS present.
It literally activates if the killer is doing what is commonly referred to in survivor lingo as "tunneling", granting the survivor a free escape.