What do you think about the upcoming changes?

kb-banner.png BHVRBHVR
  1. GAME INFO
Developer Update | September 2024

By PeanitsLast Updated: 3:55 pm

Developer update Totem NEW.png

The next update features an especially large number of Perk tweaks & reworks on top of our usual Killer tweaks & new features. In this post, we’ll dig into each of the changes and share our reasoning behind them.

FinishingMori.png
  • [NEW] The Killer can now perform a Mori on the final Survivor without using an Offering.
  • [NEW] Objects obstructing the camera during the Mori animation will fade away.
  • [REWORK] Memento Mori Offerings have a new effect: Gain a large Bloodpoint bonus when performing a Mori on the final Survivor.

Dev note: When the Finishing Mori system was tested previously, many found it and the surrounding gameplay changes to have too large of an effect on the match. We have scaled back this system to better suit what players expected from it: Killers now have the option to kill the final Survivor if they so choose. This will provide some visual flair and create a satisfying end to a match.

Since this change would make Memento Mori Offerings obsolete, we have reworked them to instead reward the Killer with a large amount of Bloodpoints (based on their rarity) when a Mori is performed.

We have also added a new mechanic which hides nearby objects when a Mori is happening to prevent rocks, crates, and other things from rudely standing in the way so you can see these kills in all their glory.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png

Survivor Perks

TeamworkPowerofTwo.png
  • [NEW] This effect will linger for a few seconds when out of range. Re-entering this range before the linger time expires will maintain the effects. 
  • [CHANGE] Increased range to 8/12/16 meters (was 12 meters).
  • [REMOVED] Teamwork: Power of Two no longer has a cooldown (was 180/160/140 seconds).
  • [REMOVED] No longer deactivates when either Survivor loses a health state.

Dev note: This Perk grants a speed boost to both Survivors after healing as long as they stick together. This alone is pretty conditional, so we have removed the cooldown entirely and removed the added deactivation clause to simplify the Perk and make it feel better to use. We’ve also increased the range slightly to make it a little easier to maintain.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png TeamworkCollectiveStealth.png
  • [NEW] This effect will linger for a few seconds when out of range. Re-entering this range before the linger time expires will maintain the effects.
  • [CHANGE] Increased range to 8/12/16 meters (was 12 meters).
  • [REMOVED] Teamwork: Collective Stealth no longer has a cooldown (was 180/160/140 seconds).
  • [REMOVED] No longer deactivates when either Survivor loses a health state.

Dev note: We have given a similar treatment to Teamwork: Collective Stealth: Healing and staying near each other is already quite the demand, so we have removed the unnecessary cooldown and health state conditions. The range will match other Teamwork Perks for consistency.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png CorrectiveAction.png
  • [CHANGE] Now applies to Survivors within 8 meters (was cooperating on the same action).
  • [CHANGE] Prevented failed Skill Checks now become Great Skill Checks (was Good Skill Checks).

Dev note: Corrective Action previously only prevented progress lost from other Survivors’ missed Skill Checks. This could be great when playing with a new friend, but not very useful for more experienced players. We have changed the result to a Great Skill Check to provide a marginal progress boost whenever the Perk activates, giving it some value in higher end matches.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png InnerFocus.png
  • [CHANGE] Increased aura reading duration to 6/8/10 seconds (was 3/4/5 seconds).
  • [REMOVED] Removed range requirement.

Dev note: This Perk previously required you to be within 32 meters of the Survivor who loses a health state, meaning you would often know where the Killer is anyway. We have removed this condition: This will make Inner Focus a useful tool for keeping track of the Killer’s whereabouts regardless of where they are in the map.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png WereGonnaLiveForever.png
  • [CHANGE] Increased healing speed bonus to 150% (was 100%).

Dev note: Survivors aren’t left in the dying state often, so we want to make sure this Perk is effective when the situation arises.

  • [REMOVED] Endurance effect no longer needs to be activated.
  • [NEW] Added a 30 second cooldown to the Endurance effect.

Dev note: The Endurance aspect of the Perk made the Perk overly complicated to make use of, so we have replaced this with a cooldown instead. This cooldown only applies to the Endurance effect, not the healing speed increase.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png Poised.png
  • [NEW] When you first start repairing a generator, see the Killer’s aura for 6 seconds.
  • [CHANGE] Increased duration to 10/12/14 seconds (was 6/8/10 seconds).

Dev note: To make Poised more appealing, we’re introducing a new effect in addition to the original one: When you first start repairing a generator, you’ll see the Killer’s aura. This will help keep tabs on where they are throughout the match.

We’ve also increased the duration of the original effect to help you cover more ground without leaving tracks.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png BloodRush.png
  • [CHANGE] Blood Rush now activates for 40/50/60 seconds after being unhooked (previously activated permanently when you were one hook away from death).
  • [NEW] Blood Rush now deactivates upon performing a Conspicuous Action.
  • [NEW] Blood Rush now deactivates when the exit gates are powered.
  • [REMOVED] Blood Rush no longer heals or provides the Broken Status Effect.

Dev note: This Perk had a lot of effects and an equally strict set of conditions. We have simplified it to focus on the Exhaustion recovery which tended to be the main appeal for the Perk.

To allow this effect to happen more often, Blood Rush now activates for a set duration after you are unhooked. Killers will want to be careful not to chase Blood Rush users after they are unhooked since they will be harder to catch. This effect will be disabled if the Survivor performs a Conspicuous Action or if the exit gates are powered.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png QuickGambit.png
  • [NEW] When chased, see the auras of other Survivors.
  • [NEW] Quick Gambit now has a 60 second cooldown upon losing a health state.
  • [CHANGE] Reduced repair speed bonus to 3/4/5% (was 6/7/8%).
  • [REMOVED] Repair speed bonus no longer has a limited range.

Dev note: Quick Gambit previously required Survivors to lead the Killer toward the generator in order to get any benefit. This was very risky and often resulted in the Killer chasing those Survivors instead. This Perk no longer has a range requirement and now shows the auras of other Survivors so you can do the opposite – keep the Killer away from them!

To balance this out, Quick Gambit will now go on cooldown upon losing a health state, making it more challenging to keep active and providing the Killer a way to play around it.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png Distortion.png
  • [REWORK] Distortion no longer has tokens and instead deactivates once used until the next time you are chased.
  • [CHANGE] Increased duration to 8/10/12 seconds (was 6/8/10 seconds).

Dev note: Distortion counters a lot of Perks & Add-Ons. The token system and recharge mechanic makes Distortion far too effective and allows Survivors to go unseen for the entire match.

To limit its effectiveness, we have removed the token system and made it so Distortion only reactivates upon being chased. We have extended the duration slightly to help account for longer aura reading effects to compensate. 

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png LuckyStar.png
  • [CHANGE] Now suppresses grunts of pain and pools of blood as long as you are in the locker. This effect lingers for 30 seconds after exiting the locker (was 10 seconds after entering).
  • [REMOVED] No longer reveals Survivors or generator auras.

Dev note: Lucky Star’s short duration often meant it would wear off before the Killer left the area. It will now stay active as long as you are in the locker and linger for a set duration after you leave.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png

Killer Perks

GeneticLimits.png
  • [REWORK] Anytime a Survivor loses a health state, they suffer from the Exhaustion for 6/7/8 seconds.

Dev note: Genetic Limits previously affected Survivors who healed, which often lead to the Exhausted effect expiring before they could be chased. It will now apply to Survivors who lose a health state instead, but with a shorter duration. This will provide more consistent value, though skilled Survivors may be able to outlast the effect.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png Leverage.png
  • [REWORK] When a Survivor performs an unhook, their healing speed is reduced by 30/40/50% for 30 seconds.

Dev note: Leverage used to gain strength as the match went on. This made Leverage ineffective early on, often only becoming effective when the match was nearly won anyway. We have reworked it to be much simpler and provide consistent value. Leverage now discourages Survivors from healing directly under the hook.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png Thwack.png
  • [REWORK] THWACK! now starts with 3 tokens. Gain 1 token upon hooking a Survivor. When breaking a pallet or breakable wall, consume one token and cause Survivor within 24 meters to scream and reveal their location for 3/4/5 seconds.

Dev note: THWACK! used to only activate once per hook, leading to it often being wasted. By introducing tokens, Killers can store these uses for later and potentially use it more than once in a chase.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png MachineLearning.png
  • [CHANGE] The most recently damaged generator becomes Compromised.

Dev note: Machine Learning previously required you to damage one generator to activate it, then another to Compromise it. This made it awkward to use. To simplify this, the most recently damaged generator will always be Compromised. Only one generator can be Compromised at a time.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png Deathbound.png
  • [REMOVED] Deathbound no longer has a distance requirement to activate.
  • [REMOVED] Deathbound no longer has a duration and instead deactivates when the healer is hooked.

Dev note: This Perk’s range condition made it inconsistent to use. To simplify it and give it a nice boost in strength, we have removed both the range requirement and the duration.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png ZanshinTactics.png
  • [REWORK] When a Survivor is within 6 meters of a dropped pallet within 16 meters of your location, their aura is revealed for 6/8/10 seconds.

Dev note: Revealing pallets and windows was much less useful for Killers than Survivors since the Killer is present every time a pallet is broken. We have reworked this Perk to instead reveal Survivor auras near dropped pallets. This will provide some useful info during a chase and allow for some interesting mindgames.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png DeadMansSwitch.png
  • [CHANGE] Now applies only to the first Survivors who stops repairing a generator.
  • [CHANGE] Increased duration to 40/45/50 seconds (was 35/40/45 seconds).

Dev note: Dead Man’s Switch provides a very powerful effect but can sometimes get out of hand when combined with other Perks. We have changed it to activate only on the first Survivor who stops repairing to limit how powerful it can be and increased its duration to compensate.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png BloodEcho.png
  • [REMOVED] Blood Echo no longer has a cooldown.
  • [CHANGE] Reduced duration to 20/25/30 seconds.

Dev note: Blood Echo previously had a long cooldown. This felt unnecessary since the requirement of hooking a Survivor itself spaced out its activations. This has been removed, allowing the Perk to activate more frequently, and reduced the duration slightly to compensate.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png HexCrowdControl.png
  • [REWORK] The last 3/4/5 vaults which Survivors rush vault are blocked by The Entity. This lasts until the hex totem is cleansed.

Dev note: In vault-heavy areas, it was possible for Survivors to outlast the effect by linking together multiple windows. Going forward, the most recently vaulted windows will be blocked until the hex is cleansed.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png Predator.png
  • [REWORK] When a Survivor escapes a chase, reveal their aura for 6 seconds. This Perk then goes on cooldown for 60/50/40 seconds.

Dev note: Predator has always caused mixed feelings; some feel like tighter scratch marks make tracking easier, others find it makes finding Survivors harder. We have given this a new effect which will be more useful for all.

Those struggling to keep track of Survivors will find Predator handy for giving them a second chance, meanwhile more experienced players may find some use by intentionally breaking chase.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png

Killer Updates

TheSkullMerchant.png
  • [CHANGE] Decreased Hindered penalty when scanned by a drone to 5% (was 10%).
  • [REMOVED] The Skull Merchant no longer gains Haste when scanning a Survivor.

Dev note: These two effects combined to create a huge speed difference between the Killer and Survivors. We have removed one and toned the other down to a fairer level.

  • [CHANGE] Reduced number of drone scan lines to 1 (was 2).
  • [CHANGE] Drones are now always in their active state.
  • [CHANGE] Drone scan lines are now invisible beyond 16 meters.

Dev note: Being unable to see drone scan lines made them very difficult to play around accordingly. Scan lines will now always be visible when nearby and invisible when out of range. Additionally, we have reduced the number of scan lines per drone to allow for more counterplay.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png TheHillbilly.png
  • [CHANGE] Decreased time before Overdrive starts to dissipate to 8 seconds (was 15 seconds).
  • [CHANGE] Decreased Overdrive movement speed to 11.5m/s (was 13m/s).
  • [CHANGE] Decreased Overdrive charges gained while revving and sprinting to 1.5/second (was 2/second).
  • [CHANGE] Increased Chainsaw missed attack cooldown to 2.7 seconds (was 2.5 seconds).

Dev note: It’s been great seeing The Hillbilly’s rise in popularity! Now that he’s had some time to settle, we’ve identified a few aspects of his new Overdrive mechanic that could use some fine tuning.

Overdrive tended to kick in very frequently, staying active for a large portion of the match. These changes will make the Overdrive mechanic a little less common and provide less of a speed boost when it is active.

We’ve also increased the missed attack cooldown slightly to make it harder to follow up a missed Chainsaw with a basic attack.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png TheTwins.png
  • [CHANGE] Increased Victor’s cooldown when crushed to 20 seconds (was 15 seconds).
  • [CHANGE] Increased cooldown after Victor downs a Survivor to 3.2 seconds (was 2.7 seconds).

Dev note: Following their update earlier this year, The Twins saw a sharp increase in lethality. To keep them in check, have slightly increased how long it takes for Victor to recover after downing a Survivor. We have also slightly increased how long it takes for Victor to become available after being crushed by a Survivor to make it more impactful when a Survivor manages to pull it off.

CA_DBD_0224_ApplePie_Frame_Footer.png TheUnknown.png
  • [NEW] HUD update to display Teleport cooldown & Hallucination spawn time.
  • [CHANGE] Movement speed now decreases sooner when charging your Power.
  • [CHANGE] Increased teleport recovery speed by 15%.
  • [CHANGE] Adjustments to Blurry Photo and Vanishing Box Add-Ons.
  • [CHANGE] Improved visual and audio feedback when using UVX.

Dev note: We tend to revisit Killers a few months after they release and see if they need any balance changes. It turns out The Unknown is already in a pretty good spot and is well liked by players, so that makes our job easy this time around!

Tapping the Power button can postpone a Hallucination from spawning, but to a Survivor it appears as if you’re about to launch UVX. This forces Survivors to constantly dodge and lose distance without slowing down the Killer. We have reduced the window before the Killer slows down while charging their Power. This will make it harder to tap the Power button without slowing down while focusing on a chase.

We noticed that the Blurry Photo Add-On is a fan-favourite, so we have incorporated part of its effect into the basekit and toned it down to compensate. This will allow more freedom to experiment with other Add-Ons without missing out. We have also toned down the Vanishing Box Add-On which was on the stronger side, by adding a tradeoff increase to Hallucination spawn time.

Lastly, we’ve improved the VFX and SFX when using UVX (that’s a lot of X’s). This doesn’t affect balance, but will make it clearer to newer Unknown players that hitting Survivors with the blast is how you apply Weakened and deal damage, not with airborne hits.

Comments

  • I don't understand the trigger for Poised's new effect. What does "when you first start repairing a gen" mean? Is it when I initially start the repair action, and if so can I gen tap over and over to activate it constantly? Is it the first time I ever touch each gen? Is it when a gen is at 0% and I start repairing it?

  • I like most of the perk changes. But Predator… Man I feel like this perk will never be useful. :D

  • @rydiafan said:

    I don't understand the trigger for Poised's new effect. What does "when you first start repairing a gen" mean? Is it when I initially start the repair action, and if so can I gen tap over and over to activate it constantly? Is it the first time I ever touch each gen? Is it when a gen is at 0% and I start repairing it?

    The first time you touch a gen in a match you see the aura of the killer

  • She basically has nothing left now, need 3 scans to injure and break a survivor, and 4 to slow them down by 5%. Why would u play this killer anymore, clown's gas slows survivors down by 15%

  • Finishing Mori: Although this wasn't needed, at least it was the least interfering. Kinda pointless really, but harmless enough.

    Teamwork: Power Of Two: Much better improvement. More likely to get some good use now.

    Teamwork: Collective Stealth: As above. A decent improvement.

    Corrective Action: Nice QoL improvement. Not sure this will see much more use, but now it has a bit more variety and better than it was.

    Inner Focus: Nice change. Now feels like an alternative to the "Alert" perk, except it's focus is on breaking survivors, not breaking inanimate objects.

    We're Gonna Live Forever: Nice QoL

    Poised: It's okay. Clearly an improvement, but another aura reading effect feels a little lazy. I'd prefer to have added more of the stealth aspect once completed, such as an extra effect. It's better - just a little uninspired.

    Blood Rush: I don't know much about this perk to formulate an opinion. I'm guessing this means you can recovery from Exhaustion immediately at will for 60 seconds after being unhooked at will? Could be a very useful anti-tunnelling perk, but need to see this in action to understand more.

    Quick Gambit: SWF teams may love this. Have a good runner, and an angry Killer, and gens will pop off nicely. May make Killers decided against prolonged chases.

    Distortion: Decent nerf. Still useful, albeit less frequent. A fine change.

    Lucky Star: Nice to see BHVR remove aura readings instead of adding them for minor changes. Having a survivor dead quiet in a locker after injury with no blood stains is a nice change, and good synergy with other stealth perks.

    Genetic Limits: A better change. Will see how effective it is qhen shown, but far more value can be gained out of this change.

    Leverage: Again, simplifying a perk is always a good thing. This is more straight forward, and has an okay effect. Will make Survivors think more about where to heal, since healing under a hook with this is begging for a tunnel now.

    THWACK!: Nice to have some more tokens. Fine effect already. Nice change.

    Machine Learning: Like "Leverage", less is more. Being less complex makes it easier to harness.

    Deathbound: My favourite change. Like an "Anti-Teamwork" perk of sorts, but now without restrictions. I like this a lot!

    Zanshin Tactics: Another good example of "less is more", but instead focusing on less clutter on screen and more when it matters. It's better than just sticking an aura reading on top of a perk's effects. Great change.

    Dead Man's Switch: So, I'm reading this as once a survivor triggers the perk, others can leave their gens without the effect happening? Seems perfectly fine, and nice to see the effect stays for longer on the gen that may be effected. A fair change.

    Blood Echo: Lovely little change to a perk I always liked, yet felt could do more. This is the "more" I like.

    Hex: Crowd Control: Will be a good perk to prevent repeated chasing around the same 1-2 tiles. More useful. Nice work!

    Predator: The Killer's "No Mither" - any change would be an improvement and this is fine, but I think they missed a trick here by just adding an Aura read. It's better, but not really something I'd be interested in.

    Skull Merchant Changes: I get the haste/hindered changes, as this could be a little cheap, but the change for the drones is unnecessary. Drones were fine, should you know how to deal with them. This feels pandering to those unwilling to learn. A hit and miss change for me.

    Hillbilly Changes: A fair change. The nerf is relatively minor, but makes it a little less overwhelming to face.

    Twins Changes: Doesn't prevent the slugging issue, but does hinder it a little. Not sure by how much, but it's at least not making it any worse.

    Unknown Changes: Literally "unknown", since I don't know what the HUD is like. Will wait and see.

    Overall, a positive PTB ahead. The Mori change is still pointless (although it's the best case scenario for a change), and a couple of changes felt a bit lazy, but all changes to perks have made improvements, which can only be a good thing. The Killer changes are also okay, although the Skull Merchant may have been over-nerfed. Good changes to her haste/hindered effects, but the drones are not deserving of what happened to them.

  • @OrangeBear said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3797177#Comment_3797177

    She basically has nothing left now, need 3 scans to injure and break a survivor, and 4 to slow them down by 5%. Why would u play this killer anymore, clown's gas slows survivors down by 15%

    While I agree that she will be bad, the haste removal is one of the right nerfs tho, the others might be too much, but I‘m happy that they basically gutt her as someone who hates her.

  • Giving Vanishing Box a downside is annoying. It would’ve been better if you made it an Ultra Rare. It edges out Captured by the Dark anyway, and that addon doesn’t deserve a downside to the Hallucinations either.

    Singularity has the same addon philosophy and Unknown’s addons need a downside just because? That’s the only mediocre change to me.

  • @Langweilig said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3797186#Comment_3797186

    While I agree that she will be bad, the haste removal is one of the right nerfs tho, the others might be too much, but I‘m happy that they basically gutt her as someone who hates her.

    You don't know the right nerfs, then.

  • Why should she have infinte high haste for free. A power should not only be haste, especially with how much stuff she has in her kit. The only things I would have changed is removing the haste and undetectable and make deactivating drones not a useless feature.

    What is right and wrong is just an opinion.

  • I really don’t understand what the counter play is supposed to be, for PTB lucky star. If a Lucky Star survivor is excessively hiding in lockers, then it’s just too bad for the killer, unless the killer wants to literally just start opening every locker on the map?

  • @KaTo1337 said:

    Horrible.

    ANOTHER FREDDY-NERF (Dead Mans Switch no longer triggers when you fake a teleport at a generator for a 2nd, 3rd or 4th time). So its basically a perk for every random killer, not for a unique killer design.

    Pretty much kills it on my Sadako build too. And it makes it even stronger with Pain Res, which I thought they didn't want?

  • Perk changes are alright but killer changes vary from mid to awful.

    If I understood correctly, Unknown won't be able to tap m2 to fake his power and is not getting any compensatory buffs to his already underwhelming UVX, other changes are just the bare minimum teleport Qol.

    SM - sounds like a joke nerf from reddit, can't even comment on that. Honestly, despite my distaste towards this killer, these changes just seem unprofessional to make.

    Twins are fine on live and don't really need extra changes.

    Billy changes are okay I guess.

    Finisher mori - could not care less.

    Overall, one of the most disappointing patches in a very long time, don't see myself even downloading the PTB.

  • So how many years will Merchant have to live in F tier before she gets looked at again?

    How long has Freddy been in F tier? It's been awhile.

  • We have to create new tier in tierlists called "F tier" or you can just call her "Skully tier" where only her now belongs.

  • pretty sure it is removed entirely. you don't get haste, period. it is just completely deleted. you still need scan 3 times to gain hindered effect to put on a claw trap for what it seems. the claw trap gives tracking and put them into broken. that still seems the same.

    my thoughts on update is skull merchant is dead. the billy/twins/unknown changes are inconsequential and genetic limits & Blood rush will be used more on average. Genetic limit to counter Iron will and Blood rush as anti-tunnel perk, often paired with sprint burst or Lithe spamming to be more obnoxious.

    also they killed distortion to be worse then what it was pre 6.1

  • @ObsidianButterfly said:

    So how many years will Merchant have to live in F tier before she gets looked at again?

    How long has Freddy been in F tier? It's been awhile.

    Always. But hey, the killrates from 6 Freddy-Mains is alright, nothing to do BUT NERFS.

  • Finisher Mori's:

    I'm fine with this, but I would keep the green abd iri mori's as they are and just remove the yellow one.

    Teamwork perks: Thank god they remembered them. Good changes overall.

    Corrective Action: So... now the goal is to fail skill checks with this perk in play?

    Inner Focus: A good solo Q perk? GOAT CHANGE!!!

    WGLF: Seems nice, I just hope the Buckle Up situation won't repeat.

    Poised: Ok, I like this one, it's nice. One more reason to buy Jane...

    Blood Rush: We will see how this will work in practice, but it seems great on paper. Dare I say, a bit OP!? We will see...

    Quick Gambit: So, this perk is finally useful. Neat.

    Distortion: Seems reasonable. Better than I expected.

    Lucky Star: I will buy this perk the moment it appears on shrine, I LOVE IT!

    Genetic Limits: The duration seems a wee bit short.

    Leverage/THWACK!/Deathbound/Mashine Learning: Neat changes.👍

    Zanshin Tactics: This seems too good. It won't get through the PTB, mark my words.

    DMS: Well... these changes are kinda harsh.

    Blood Echo: Sounds reasonable.

    Hex: Crowd Control: An interesting change. I'm intrigued how it will work in practice.

    Predator: Seems... strong. Although, Distortion counters it completely.

    SM changes: The scan lines nerfs are not needed.

    Hillbilly changes: Fine by me.

    Twins changes: Unnessesary. If this goes to live, make it so Charlotte gains 10% Haste while Victor is out. That is the least you can do to compensate.

    Unknown changes: Eh, no comment here.

  • @ObsidianButterfly said:

    So how many years will Merchant have to live in F tier before she gets looked at again?

    How long has Freddy been in F tier? It's been awhile.

    a long time. at least we'll remember skull merchant memories when she was good a killer to play. Just like freddy. hopefully after 1 year of this, the d/c rate goes down. at same time, the play-rate will be like 0 like twins.

    @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    We have to create new tier in tierlists called "F tier" or you can just call her "Skully tier" where only her now belongs.

    D-tier is enough. freddy been there for awhile now. hopefully he gets some changes. Player still awaiting his rework.

  • I don't like the change to Zanshin Tactics, even if its effect wasn't the best it was something unique.

    I don't think the changes to Skull Merchant will change anything, the killer was never particularly strong, players just hate her area denial concept. She will remain the most detested killer.

    Crowd Control seems really strong, but it's still an hex, so it will last five seconds in the game.

  • I love the distortion change. Now people can't just hide with that perk and actually have to be chased.

    Skull merchant… Sigh.. well she's still going to be annoying . I was hoping they would take away the undetectable but i guess losing the haste is ok.

  • Zenshin will never go past the PTB thanks to the survivor mafia.

  • from what I’ve seen about zanshin i just feel like it’s a very noob friendly perk? If you know how to do mindgames properly you won’t need it

  • Wow, that's a lot of changes to take on board. Not sure all of them can be tested by the player base to give enough feedback for just one PTB…

    It's good to see lots of underused perks getting much needed buffs, though. Lots of changes are good and some I have no strong feeling for but there a few I have some thoughts on:

    I've got to say, I absolutely hate the finisher mori change.

    I have a tradition of usually letting the final survivor go, so being forced to 4K if I ever want to see a mori again kinda stinks. I like to use the green and pink mori as hook counters, so this will probably mean earlier exits for the weaker survivors in my games, too. I'll also miss the fun of mori photo bombs, moris in front of hooked Survivors and making a pile of moried Survivors.

    I'm also not too keen on the Lucky Star nerf. It was the best Survivor aura reading perk in the game and it will have a lot less utility now (I will probably replace it with Still Sight in my builds).

    Distortion will be a dead perk. I don't personally use this perk, but I feel sorry for those that do. It's useless now and another nail in the coffin for the stealth play style.

    Leverage seems like it could be a juicy perk for high mobility back to the hook tunneling Killers, so not a big fan of this change either.

  • @ObsidianButterfly said:

    So how many years will Merchant have to live in F tier before she gets looked at again?

    How long has Freddy been in F tier? It's been awhile.

    4 years

  • Uninstalling game. Just remove killers as whole from the game. Good for you for taking my money though and then just gutting killers once again and over buffing survivors. And The Twins? Really? hardly no one plays her and barely few people play Skull Merchant as it is. You have not significally buffed a killer in forever but survivors at this point can just start and leave the match with out ever getting hooked. Great job!

  • Still a bit skeptical of the trigger conditions for the final Mori (given the offerings were redesigned, and I’m unsure how they were made obsolete in the first place, Ivory and Ebony both had the unique feature of letting you perform a Mori before the match has ended, and Ebony enabling multiple), as a “balanced” match might not see the Killer getting one (though that might be incentive for the player to play another round). Of course you could try to curate it by slugging and pushing out other survivors to isolate the last remaining survivor. Though no more Mori parties with survivors t-bagging around during the animation. (At least without the use of a Perk). I do like that it’s keeping its “dynamic placement” and the player having the choice to hook if for whatever reason they wanted to, not railroading the sequence, but instead acting like a Cypress Mori.

  • I always liked Skull Merchant, aesthetically and thematically and I'm not lying if I say I was looking forward for a nerf for her, so the survivor stop disconnecting when playing against her and finally have fun playing her. However the nerfs are a bit too much imo. I would leave the two scans and removed the stealth mechanic when placing a drone instead. Please, consider this.

  • so you took an extremelly umpopular killer ( the twins ) and just nerfed them based on kill rates. How about fixing the way twins power encourages slugging. Give the killer a reason to pick up the downed survivor acress the map . Maybe a 10% haste that deactivates when entering chase after victor gets a down. Instead you did a nerf that will have minimal impact on good twins players however will further lower their pickrates because it makes them less begginer friendly and leaves in the slugging issue. They kill rates will go down slightly but the 5 people who play twins will continue to do so . However even less players will want to try them out now. Bad job

  • Quick gambit sounds incredibly unhealthy as does leverage. Skull merchant sounds like Freddy. Very bad. If the bp gain isnt 20k+, moris seem useless now. Why would i bring this risky offering over a pudding or bps?

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3797042#Comment_3797042

    At this point the upcoming rework is our only hope, dear friend.

    We are with you

    #justiceforFreddy

  • So did they just make Twins feel clunky and unfun to play again?

  • Wait, is We're Gonna Live Forever now basically just pre-gutted Buckle Up, or am I misreading this?

    Edit: It's not, it's missing the Endurance effect for the person who does the picking up. Might as well point that out here in case someone misses the answer further down the thread.

  • That's a lot to consider but at a glance:

    Poised: Does this activate every time you start a gen? It doesn't trigger each time you let go and then start again right? But alternatively that means you get one aura reveal per gen, which kinda only makes it useful if you're already on a safe gen. I think I would have preferred a cooldown rather than limit once per gen.

    Genetic Limits: how will this work with Overcome? Does it counter it completely or is it useless against it?

    Distortion: kiiinda similar in effect to what I'd like it to be (regain tokens while in chase) but I'm not sure if it's weaker or stronger. Initially it's weaker, you get one 12s window instead of 3 10s windows. But it makes regaining tokens more consistent, once per chase, so it doesn't matter how long the chase is. Less contingent on player skill. I think it's the right direction, not sure if it's too much of a nerf or not.

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    Still a bit skeptical of the trigger conditions for the final Mori (given the offerings were redesigned, and I’m unsure how they were made obsolete in the first place, Ivory and Ebony both had the unique feature of letting you perform a Mori before the match has ended, and Ebony enabling multiple), as a “balanced” match might not see the Killer getting one (though that might be incentive for the player to play another round). Of course you could try to curate it by slugging and pushing out other survivors to isolate the last remaining survivor. Though no more Mori parties with survivors t-bagging around during the animation. (At least without the use of a Perk). I do like that it’s keeping its “dynamic placement” and the player having the choice to hook if for whatever reason they wanted to, not railroading the sequence, but instead acting like a Cypress Mori.

    I agree, I don't think this warrants getting rid of Ivory/Ebony Mori's.

    I think if they want to add on a bloodpoint bonusn then they could just replace the Cypress Mori offering with the BP bonus, then add the bonus as an additional effect to the Ivory/Ebony Mori's with a 'first mori performed per game' condition.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Wait, is We're Gonna Live Forever now basically just pre-gutted Buckle Up, or am I misreading this?

    Not quite. The old Buckle Up protected both the healer and the person who was healed, meaning when paired with For the People, you could run in, instantly pick someone up, and both of you would be safe thanks to the Endurance. We're Gonna Live Forever only protects the person who was picked up - the healer would still be in danger.

  • Nothing but a major letdown. Disappointment.

  • Killers

    Hillbilly

    I can see why they nerfed Billy but all of these might be a bit much. I mean, we're almost back to the atrocious 3 seconds cooldown for missed attacks. The nerfed Overdrive speed is also not their brightest idea. A lot of loops were just barely curvable with the increased speed. Now it's too slow and survivors get around the next corner again. The other 2 changes are understandable and completely justified.

    Skull Merchant

    Skull Merchant got the Freddy treatment. I can't say I'm happy about that. As much as I hate her (and I hate her a lot), I believe that all killers should be viable. This is not it, chief. She is still boring to play against but now also boring to play because you don't really get much out of her power.

    Twins

    Twins are slowly going back to their previous state… What is it with BHVR not knowing how to treat this killer? More than 2 years for a rework, that then had to be scratched in favor of some buffs and now we're nerfing them to be closer to how they were before.

    Survivor Perks

    The Teamwork perks will remain awful and I hope they stay that way. The only way for these perks to be good would require them to be broken. The concept doesn't work. You simply don't want to be around another survivor, especially when the killer is chasing after one of you.

    Corrective Action + Hyperfocus and Stakeout on another survivor. Need I say more?

    Inner Focus and WGLF are nice. Not the strongest perks of all time but definitely worth trying.

    I'm honestly not sure what I think of Poised. The added aura vision is fine in solo queue but in a SWF it's disgusting. Especially at the start of the match. The survivors will now know immediately where the killer spawned and from what direction they will come from, which makes the early game even harder for the killer.

    Blood Rush is amazing. Good job. A very strong anti tunnel perk.

    Quick Gambit is a horrible perk because it has a range restriction (on live servers). Without the range restriction it is stupid. In order for the killer to get a down, they have to chase. Why should we punish them for that by granting the other survivors extra gen speed? That makes no sense. Also, this might not be a problem for a Nurse, Blight or Spirit but a Trapper or Freddy, who already struggle to get their first hits are punished by this perk even more. This cannot go live. Imagine this perk against a Myers! "Oh, you wanna stalk survivors to get your tier 3? Well, you better don't do that or they get extra gen speed." And it's not like Myers can afford to have any less time in the match to begin with.

    The Distortion nerf is honestly way worse than what I had suggested. I think it's good that it does get a nerf but this is a bit extreme. Keep the stacks but only restore them when that survivor is hooked. Maybe make it 3 stacks instead of 4. But that would be enough.

    I honestly liked the old Lucky Star, so I'm not too thrilled about it. I'm not sure, if anyone will use it for the new effect either. It certainly does have some niche use but it's not great.

    Killer perks

    Genetic Limits now counters Overcome… But it's pretty much useless against the 2 exhaustion perks everyone uses, so there's no reason to use Genetic Limits either.

    Leverage has got be one of the most unhealthy perks I have ever seen. In the same patch we get a great anti tunneling perk we also get a great tunneling perk. Help me understand!

    Thwack! got a pretty nice buff but it's not all that good. Most killers break pallets IN chase and then you don't need the effect. I guess it can sometimes help with survivors going for a flashlight save but that's pretty much all I can think about. So it's still pretty mediocre.

    Machine Learning is a difficult perk to rate. The effect is insane but it doesn't activate all that much. I think it would be better, if it got a rework since the effect results in pretty much guaranteed hits.

    Deathbound is pretty good. I don't see too much of an issue with it and it's a perk that helps you when you don't tunnel. So that's nice.

    I want the old Zanshin Tactics back. Yeah, it was almost useless on most killers but so is the new one. Survivors only drop pallets when the killer is near them and then the killer already knows where they are, so the aura vision is not very helpful. And for mind games… The survivor either sees the killer directly or they see their red light, so even then the aura vision is useless.

    Dead Man's Switch… Yeah, they kind butchered Freddy again. This was one of his best perks.

    Blood Echo remains about as useful as before. Not much. You don't get to run around and injure a bunch of people with most killers so the perk does little to nothing most of the time.

    Crowd Control is overkill. I mean, what's next? Survivors can no longer vault pallets? It's already a hex perk that has to be cleased immediately and then it's gone. So it's still pretty bad by nature of it being a hex perk.

    Predator is pretty nice. It might not feel great to play against, since mostly you have to do something right to even lose chase as a survivor but given how often the killer can lose chase due to random things, I think it's fine and also a good perk for beginners.

  • Is there anyone who wanted the finisher mori?

  • at the first peek, Distortion rework to force Distortion abusers into chase - good.

    But then i read whole notes and i need to say: if these changes go through to live, if any survivor ever complains about getting tunneled easily with how anti-tunneling will become even more powerful with this patch, they should just uninstall dbd.

    And SM was literally obliterated, why? Even as a big SM hater, there is no reason to destroy her completely just because she doesn't satisfy fun requirements of players.

  • I'm worried about "We're Gonna Live Forever".

    Survivors in swf like to die under pallets for their teammates to save them, killers are scared to pick up when another survivor is close by, if the killer doesnt pick up and a survivor close by has WGLF they give them endurance which only has a short cooldown now. So the killer either picks up and gets pallet saved or allows the survivor to be picked up and gain endurance.

    This could create a new issue like we've seen with buckle up previously.

  • Lucky Star- How about remove blindness when the Survivor is in a locker and/or keep the aura reading?

    Poised- Possibly add a (very) minor speed buff during the time period?

    Thwack!- Remove tokens completely. Shrink the range (to like 12/16 meters, etc.) and let it activate every time a breakable wall or pallet is broken. (There's a finite number of pallets and walls, so it wouldn't be OP.)

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3797416#Comment_3797416

    Not quite. The old Buckle Up protected both the healer and the person who was healed, meaning when paired with For the People, you could run in, instantly pick someone up, and both of you would be safe thanks to the Endurance. We're Gonna Live Forever only protects the person who was picked up - the healer would still be in danger.

    Ah, okay. So it's not that useful against a slugging killer, it's often gonna be just trading one survivor on the ground for a different one. It's best use is for when the killer has decided to target and repeatedly slug one particular survivor, which I've had happen but it's too rare an occurrence to run a single perk for, and it's only helpful if I'm not the one being targeted.

    I miss old Buckle Up, it was the only thing that helped when I had three teammates on the ground. I stopped running it and nowadays usually just concede if my three teammates are slugged so we can all move on quickly, otherwise 90% of the time it's me on the ground with the other two survivors for four minutes bleeding out while the one I picked up hides and waits for the hatch. It was nice having a comeback mechanic for killers who slug at four or five gens left.

  • @fussy said:

    20 sec cooldown on crushed Victor without any buffs + 0,5 to crush him. Twins are dead lol. I'm done with learning killers in this game.

    Why would they give the Twins a compensatory buff? They were just buffed and became extremely strong. They slug much easier than before and that’s led them to be (rightfully) nerfed again. Blame killer mains.

  • Stop touching generator control without doing anything to generator progression.

    Stop touching generator control without doing anything to generator progression.

    STOP TOUCHING GENERATOR CONTROL WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING TO GENERATOR PROGRESSION.

  • @tjt85 said:

    Wow, that's a lot of changes to take on board. Not sure all of them can be tested by the player base to give enough feedback for just one PTB…

    It's good to see lots of underused perks getting much needed buffs, though. Lots of changes are good and some I have no strong feeling for but there a few I have some thoughts on:

    I've got to say, I absolutely hate the finisher mori change.

    I have a tradition of usually letting the final survivor go, so being forced to 4K if I ever want to see a mori again kinda stinks. I like to use the green and pink mori as hook counters, so this will probably mean earlier exits for the weaker survivors in my games, too. I'll also miss the fun of mori photo bombs, moris in front of hooked Survivors and making a pile of moried Survivors.

    I'm also not too keen on the Lucky Star nerf. It was the best Survivor aura reading perk in the game and it will have a lot less utility now (I will probably replace it with Still Sight in my builds).

    Distortion will be a dead perk. I don't personally use this perk, but I feel sorry for those that do. It's useless now and another nail in the coffin for the stealth play style.

    Leverage seems like it could be a juicy perk for high mobility back to the hook tunneling Killers, so not a big fan of this change either.

    I'm kinda mad about the loss of green and Ebony Mori multi-Moris. Let me Mori who I want to Mori, I don't like having to choose if I wanna give hatch or get the cool animation.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3797046#Comment_3797046

    To clarify, Distortion recharges by being chased. It's not active only while you're being chased.

    For example, Distortion can block your aura from being revealed by BBQ, then it deactivates. The next time you're chased, it will reactivate and stay active until it blocks your aura from being revealed again.

    Why not just remove the perk? Why center a patch around buffing lesser used perks and then gut a popular one? This is Self Care all over again except you can’t create a build to make Distortion usable.

  • Loving the Teamwork buffs, but I'm sad to see my Vanishing Box get hit. Couldn't care less about Blurry Photo

    Machine Learning buffed again, heck yeah.

    Absolutely hate Lucky Star. They ruined it

  • @Nazzzak said:

    Won't the Finisher Mori just encourage slugging for the 4k? It's going to make people not want to be part of the final 2 in a losing match. Slug survivor, find last one, hook them, then automatically mori the person you left slugged.

    Not really? Unless you're this scared of 4%.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3797062#Comment_3797062

    Why would they give the Twins a compensatory buff? They were just buffed and became extremely strong. They slug much easier than before and that’s led them to be (rightfully) nerfed again. Blame killer mains.

    They always were extremely strong. Those mild nerfs are not going to change anything in 99% of Twins matches.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3797062#Comment_3797062

    Why would they give the Twins a compensatory buff? They were just buffed and became extremely strong. They slug much easier than before and that’s led them to be (rightfully) nerfed again. Blame killer mains.

    Keep Victor? Naaah, remove Victor instantly, little Fengus, I know you are afraid bc of no TR.
    Group up and healing? Naaah, let's just keep sitting on gens injured like we used too and let Victor to slug whole team one by one, because we are lazy to learn counterplay.

    I know, I know, killers get nerfs because of survivors know nothing but how m1 on gen isn't something new, we all used to it.
    Since 7.7.0 Twins were my most playable killer and if survivors understand how to deal with them, then they are M1 killer with no power 70% of the match and insane amount of counterplay, especially in team. And if some QoL changes with massive nerf to kicked Victor is something you consider a big buff, then you didn't know how to play against them to begin with, because strength wise they are right where they were before. I don't know since when slug is easier too, but if you say so.
    I blame you, killer mains. Don't know what for, but Ayodam tells me so. How dare you play Twins, stinky killer mains.

1 2 3 4