Killers, STOP Expecting a 4K!

For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...


Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!


In what world is that "balanced"?


In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...


If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.


Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.


Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014797#Comment_2014797

    The point isn't that they are wanting to improve as killers, to get 4ks, they are wanting consistent nerfs of survivors.

    Killers have insane add-ons that combined with perks can make them absolutely unstoppable. BBQ, mixed with several gen regression perks on a freddy, and he teleports to every gen, he can see where everyone is, and when you have to hide your gen goes to 0.

    Red ranks are only a small percentage of the game. The majority of players face 3 to 4 deaths match, making this game very killer sided.

    I appreciate the feedback and can agree that red rank survivors MAY be able to beat a red rank killer with Freddy+perks, but I rarely see it

    Lol BBQ made me laugh

  • Damn, are you in a secret underground section of the forums or something?

    I've been here since day 1, am on here multiple times per day, almost everyday, and i myself can't say that most Killer mains expect a 4K, not even close to "most".

    And i don't go in expecting a 4K, i don't expect any result, i just go in trying to kill all.

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

    Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!

    In what world is that "balanced"?

    In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

    When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

    Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...

    If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.

    Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.

    Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

    Survivors don't expect to escape every single match 🤣

    It sounds like you barely if not ever play killer by the sound of it.

    If you did than you would know that the emblem system is broken for killer and a 4k can mean the difference between a pip or a blackpip.

    Hell I've even had a 4 with 32k bp and still blackpipped, tell me how is that balanced? 🤣

    Also it is to expected that your friend do very good as a new player on killer.

    Barely anybody in those ranks know what they are doing so there the killer is strong.


    There is nothing wrong with solo q if you can loop a little bit.

    That 10% you say is what I die and the others is what I escape.

    Learn to play and once you reach red ranks in a legit way then we'll see what you have to say

  • @Just_Alex said:

    Honestly, I'm happy with a 2k, but if I can get a 4k, I'm sure as hell gonna get my 4k. I had my fair share of whiny, entitled kids over the years and had to listen to so many complaints in endgame chat (even if I gave the last one hatch because I felt bad), so no more free escapes from me.

    I'm even going to slug if Survivors decide to "bully" me and put on NOED if I feel like it, for a nice and salty endgame chat. :)

    I love killers that use hexs perks

    Because I get more points for braking totems and almost always bring a map to find them.😊

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014796#Comment_2014796

    Games get ruined through a few people yelling and complaining on twitter, or forums.

    I just know that even in purple ranks, at rank 6, it's pretty certain as a survivor in solo that my team with 90% not make it. And even with teammates I know it's not too much higher.

    I'm glad to hear your perspective, most threads I see pop in my Google news feed are from killers complaining, even more then survivors. But maybe I am misjudging

    I'm at the exact same rank for both sides (6) and I rarely see 4ks on either side tbh. It's fine to prefer playing one side but you have to admit that if the game is not enjoyable for the otherside than you won't have an asymmetrical multiplayer game anymore if one side is miserable and hardly anyone uses it (which honestly the main reason survivor queues take so long is that there are so few killers in comparison).


    Most killers don't expect a 4k every game but I imagine that most think 4ks should happen more often than they do, while now it only really happens if you slug the 3rd survivor and hunt for the 4th which isn't particularly fun for survivors either or if you happen to find hatch first. Right now survivors do have a ton of second chance options/mechanics or psuedo second chance (deliverance, dead hard, DS, borrowed time, hook sabos, body blocking, keys, flashloght saves, etc) available in the game where the killer doesn't have much available to him if he makes a mistake (you could argue noed or bloodwarden but that's about it that's very useful) but even those don't change much with trying to get a 4k.

    Here is an example that happened last week- i killed 2 survivors and downed 2. One I hooked and he 4% off hook, I downed him again, he used ds opened hatch and his friends laid on hatch and got out as well. The guy who got off hook didn't have any perks to get him off hook or offerings but it still happened. Survivors only finished 2 gens but still got out.

    In short, killers should be able to have more options for 4ks beyond 3rd survivor slugging on relying on finding hatch first but killers shouldn't expect 4ks super regularly either. Right now I see a 4k about 1 in every 15 games but I think it's realistic to think it should be 1 in every 8 or 9 games playing either side (unless you have total potatoes on either side).

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/234212/killers-stop-expecting-a-4k

    Survivors don't expect to escape every single match 🤣

    It sounds like you barely if not ever play killer by the sound of it.

    If you did than you would know that the emblem system is broken for killer and a 4k can mean the difference between a pip or a blackpip.

    Hell I've even had a 4 with 32k bp and still blackpipped, tell me how is that balanced? 🤣

    Also it is to expected that your friend do very good as a new player on killer.

    Barely anybody in those ranks know what they are doing so there the killer is strong.

    There is nothing wrong with solo q if you can loop a little bit.

    That 10% you say is what I die and the others is what I escape.

    Learn to play and once you reach red ranks in a legit way then we'll see what you have to say

    Don't forget plague's legendary Emblem score nonsense making so plague can get a normal 4k and still depip!

  • Killer has been buffed so much it is too easy for sure. The thing is 4K is actually the norm. Watch any killer main and they'll 4K like every game. Then complain about borrowed time or DS while getting a 4K.

    A 4K should be a rarity, not common.

  • @YourNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2015107#Comment_2015107

    No, i'm a really good survivor but i'm an average killer (i mean i don't master their abilities) who knows how to apply pressure and have a good map control.

    Once you know you have to play to end up in a 3 gens situation... you win all the time.

    Game is killer sided. All my friends (around 3000h each of them) that play 50/50 surv/killer tells that globally it's killer sided.

    We all agree that Doctor, Trapper, Blight, Billy, Clown, Oni, Demo, Legion, Plague, Ghost, Pig, Myers are balanced.

    And other killers it depends :

    • Wraith is nothing special, we admit he is weak
    • Nurse is bad and OP : in bad hands she is terrible, in good hands there is no counter at all
    • Huntress is balanced without one shot hatchet
    • Twins is boring and OP, the map control is way too strong, Victor's hitboxes are broken (fixing the hitbox might make it balanced as it would be harder to play)
    • PH is OP
    • Booba is balanced if he doesn't camp and tunnel otherwise it's OP and not fun
    • Hag is the most OP killer
    • Freddy has slightly too much map control but is fairly balanced, his hitbox must be fixed though

    Do you know that t he best killer mains in this game are bored to play killer as there is no challenge anymore ? There is literally 0 survivor/SWF good enough to outplay them ? Some of them even stopped to play killer...

    And take the best survivors (Ayrun/Noob3 for exemple), they can't outplay killers on a regular basis in red rank games. Check their youtube, most of the clips are against purple/green killers lol... And they are considered gods at this game. And they are pissed with the state of the game, some of them stopped to play DbD.

    Tbh I see pyramid head as potentially the most balanced killer. Yes he is one of the stronger ones and I think others should be put on a similar level to him but there are also those that I think should be dropped down closer to him. I like him a lot but he does have some clear weaknesses.

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    Also while we're at it, can we just take self-care out of the game? And urban evasion? They are okay perks for good survivors, but they destroy most solo q games. I normally play with friends, but it is disgusting how many people who refuse teammate heals to self-care

    Nothing better then watching your rando teammates waddling like a penguin through the whole map when the killer isn't nearby, or watching randos run to the corner to self-care against no-ed.

    Rants over

    Self care should be removed but not urban evasion. I use it all the time with gen perks (prove thyself, better together, technician etc.) And iron will for extra stealth and as long as I don't get spotted (I usually don't unless there's some form of aura reading from the killer) I can get gens done pretty fast. It's also really helpful to escape chases with too. You can sneak past killers so much easier with it and if the killer is patrolling someone they hooked (close to camping but further away) you can sneak past the killer and get the save. As long as you use urban evasion properly, it's REALLY good.

    Also this doesn't really matter but I use p3 nea with a dark brown flannel so I blend pretty well.

    Edit: also, I'm not the type to just urban evade all over the place even if the killer is nowhere nearby. I know how to properly use it.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014777#Comment_2014777

    But the game doesn´t lean towards killers. It´s heavily survivor sided. I´m playing solo in red ranks and i´m not ranking up anymore, because i can´t get enough altruism points before the gates are powered. My last 3 matches have been 4 man escapes.

    Although this post is dumb as hell, it's definitely not survivor sided. At red ranks practically all killers have a win rate of about 60% or higher.

    There are actual statistics that one of the Devs released proving this. I'll post it if people want to see it.

    But I disagree with everything this guy has written on this post. Look at it like this:

    In any PvP game, you can lose, draw or win. The same applies to DBD.

    If you 0-1k, you've lost, because you failed to get more than half of the survivors.

    If you 2k, that's a draw. Because 2 survivors escape, and 2 survivors were killed. But who wants a match to end in a draw? You don't go into CSGO expecting to draw, you don't play any competitive game expecting to draw.

    If you get a 3-4k, that's a win. That's realistically how the you win in this game as killer. Survivors just need to escape. That's it.

    You could also look and Trues and Otz's different perspectives on what wins are, but I think we can all agree that this^ is how you win in any competitive game. (Also these two both literally have 50+ win streak challenges where the requirements are 4ks every game).

    Lastly, the sad thing is, dead by daylight is at heart a competitive game. When you get past brown ranks and actually start to care about your unlocks, what perks you have etc, this game stops being casual and instantly starts being comp. I would argue that Rank 15 is where this game turns competitive. And unfortunately, you can't play a comp game and expect to win every match, this goes for survivors as well.

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

    Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!

    In what world is that "balanced"?

    In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

    When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

    Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...

    If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.

    Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.

    Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

    I see it this way thinks who is on the cover of the game a murderer therefore the game prioritizes the experience of the kiler already from the first impression, I do not camp or tunnel I am satisfied

  • As a Killer main, Doc's office hours pending, I never "Expect" a 4k. I do my damnedest to slaughter all four survivors but it doesn't happen as often as you think. I think the biggest thing I'm seeing in your post is that you don't quite get the fact that the game is 4v1.

    High skill survivors and/or a well organized team will run circles around a killer. It's about knowing how to play against each killer as while, the basics are the same, the little nuances are where people get hung up.

    Yeah killers try for nerfs but so do Survivor mains. Hell you technically do in the post. At the end of the day killers have all the statistical advantages they have because numbers on paper paint a picture of 1 killer with a stat block against 4 individual survivor stat blocks. In reality it's 1 killer stat block against 1 giant survivor stat block.

    So idk, just stuff to think about.

  • Well, you gotta have confidence. When you watch a sports game, you expect your team to win. When you play Call Of Duty or another FPS, you expect to do well.

    This is because of the fact that you want to have a degree of confidence, and you have bias and you want your side to win. I expect to escape as survivor, and that doesn't mean survivor is overpowered.

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

    Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!

    In what world is that "balanced"?

    In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

    When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

    Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...

    If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.

    Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.

    Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

    #nerfteabagging

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014796#Comment_2014796

    Games get ruined through a few people yelling and complaining on twitter, or forums.

    I just know that even in purple ranks, at rank 6, it's pretty certain as a survivor in solo that my team with 90% not make it. And even with teammates I know it's not too much higher.

    I'm glad to hear your perspective, most threads I see pop in my Google news feed are from killers complaining, even more then survivors. But maybe I am misjudging

    you only have a 10% escape rate?


    dude... I gladly trade with someone else so they escape and I die on hook, and my escape rate is 12/26 or 46%. (I have been keeping track of my games lately, I also have this from a while ago

    @Alice_pbg said:

    Kinda like I did here

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87169/so-i-wrote-down-which-killers-i-faced-for-37-matches

    But more and better.

    On ps4, from rank 13 to rank 3. Total of 87 matches. Was expecting rank to reset today, (for some reason) and was gonna do a final push to 100... but now I can't. Oh well...

    First, which killers I faced and how many times

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/464/J2WQ6VTEXPGS.png

    And just like last time, no hag...

    Edit: doctor number is incorrect, it's supposed to be 4 matches

    But...a lot of spirit and demo(which makes sense)

    Because ranks were weird, heres a graph for the difference in rank between me and the killers

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/128/WI78LXRFH2JE.png

    The "-" made the numbers be in italic... but everything on the left of 0 is supposed to be negative, meaning the killer was higher ranked than me by that amount.

    Positive numbers mean I was higher ranked by that amount.

    And the hardest graph to see because of the amount of things, which perks the killers used?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/213/PTA482BXYV7J.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/712/1IYNW5XUF0RV.png

    Both versions here, choose your favorite. I think both are hard to see...

    Ruin is king, surprising no one... mostly thanks to spirit, since it was used 11 out of the 12 times I faced her

    But still 51 times out of 87 matches, 58.62% of the games, quite impressive.

    Now, what were the killers average kills?

    (Because sometimes I ######### up, the numbers aren't exact in some cases)

    Freddy- 2.83 kills per match

    Wraith- 3.25

    Trapper- 2.5

    Leatherface- 3

    Doctor- 1.75

    Hillbilly- 2.16

    Michael Myers- 3.44

    Legion- 1.33

    Huntress- 3.33

    Pig- 3 to 4 (######### up)

    Ghostface- 2.07 to 2.64 (######### up)

    Demogorgon- 2.41

    Nurse- 2.66

    Clown- 2.5

    Plague- 1.66

    Spirit- 2.66

    So, in certain numbers, it's Michael, but if pig got at least 2 kills in the 1 game I didn't write down the results, she's the queen.

    Legion being the bottom guy/gal (except for hag who doesn't exist, apparently)

    That's all I'm putting here, at least for now.

    But I am gonna say exactly what I wrote from each game (most of the time at least). So if you want any specifics, feel free to ask.

    My rank, perks, item and addons, if I survived, when I died(gens based), pip, if hatch was used or not(by me, mostly), how many bloodpoints I got in each category each game.

    The killer rank, perks, addons, kills, gens sucessfully protected, if noed(if used) activated, if mori was used and when.

    The Map, how many DC's( and against who)

    So..

    Thoughts?

    where my survival rate was around 35%)

    and I'm terrible at chases, I can properly loop individual structures, but I suck at linking them together.


    point is... you need to get better at the game.

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

    Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!

    In what world is that "balanced"?

    In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

    When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

    Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...

    If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.

    Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.

    Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

    Even the best killers in the game will occasionally have a 0k unless they facecamp somebody or play ridiculously dirty, your post is biased as hell and you should feel bad.

    Sometimes MAPRNG will either give you a win or ######### you over with 20 pallets back to back.


    And your friend probably plays in brown/green ranks when he's new, even redranks has a ton of potatoes playing overly altruistic throwing themselves at the killer.


    And the fact that you think killers are OP makes me think you don't have much experience in the game. Only Freddy and Nurse can be considered OP in my Eyes and Freddy still gets wrecked by certain maps an good survivors.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Killer has been buffed so much it is too easy for sure. The thing is 4K is actually the norm. Watch any killer main and they'll 4K like every game. Then complain about borrowed time or DS while getting a 4K.

    A 4K should be a rarity, not common.

    I'd love to have Sluzzy-vision for a day. It must be very interesting seeing the world the way you do. However do you manage to survive?

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2015291#Comment_2015291

    I'd love to have Sluzzy-vision for a day. It must be very interesting seeing the world the way you do. However do you manage to survive?

    He doesn't that's the joke rofl.


    He just suicides on hook

  • I don't expect a 4k, but I expect when I'm playing perfectly and I can tell by how quickly survivors go down to me and how poorly they loop, that they shouldn't be winning against me. But evidently, they do, because holding M1 on gens and pre-dropping pallets makes it irrelevant how good or bad you are. I mean if bad survivors can do that, it's not hard to imagine what good survivors can do.

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

    Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!

    In what world is that "balanced"?

    In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

    When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

    Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...

    If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.

    Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.

    Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

    Wait a minute . No . I'M A 60/40 survivor main rank 12 killer when match making puts me in with 3 red rank and a purple and only get 1k I dont suck I am just out classed I accept that . If match making made sense maybe I could agree that you need to get better.

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

    Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!

    In what world is that "balanced"?

    In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

    When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

    Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...

    If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.

    Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.

    Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

    I want this game to be balanced at all MMR/Ranks so that an average of 2k/2e every game. Right now, at my rating, if i play a team of survivors of equal skill to me, they will win every time unless i play nurse. Tournaments prove this game is survivors sided. Casual and solo play is terrible for survivors, both need to be fixed and brought together more so the game is more fair for everyone.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2015246#Comment_2015246

    Don't forget plague's legendary Emblem score nonsense making so plague can get a normal 4k and still depip!

    Hahaha yup that is what I meant, the idea about the emblem system is good.

    However they need to tweak it a little.

    Btw don't forget myers with his infinite tombstone.

    You spent a lot of time getting to tier 3, if you're lucky the game isn't over yet.

    You're slow af, and if you kill all 4 of them you get punished for it 🤷‍♂️🤣

  • Everyone: I agree I need to get better. When I referred to low percentages I was referring to everyone surviving.

    I appreciate the feedback. Again if you read the other posts I've made, I've made it clear:

    I'm not saying killers are majorly op (though some are). And I'm not saying we need to nerf killers.

    My point is that stats show that the game slightly leans to benefit the killer, if you are killing 2.5 to 3 people every match, that actually leans towards killer.

    My point is that, though we should balance out things and nerf things, we need to try to do it EVENLY..


    One person mentioned that the complainers are a minority. If that's the case, I feel a lot better. I just see a lot of killer complaints in my Google news feed, when in reality I see a high kill rate. My point isn't to say that killers are op.

    My point is just too avoid making games easier for killers. Let's balance things out evenly.

    I'm coming at this one-sided because I do lean towards survivor. But can we work together for balanced changes rather then wanting to completely nerf the other side?

  • When the game is this heavily balanced for casual Survivors, you can throw out the idea of 2k balance. It's gonna be a killer snowball or uneventful until down to the last gens. Survivors mistakes have to be pretty consistent across the match for timing to meet that balance. If killer players aren't up to 4k level play they just get toyed with.

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    Everyone: I agree I need to get better. When I referred to low percentages I was referring to everyone surviving.

    I appreciate the feedback. Again if you read the other posts I've made, I've made it clear:

    I'm not saying killers are majorly op (though some are). And I'm not saying we need to nerf killers.

    My point is that stats show that the game slightly leans to benefit the killer, if you are killing 2.5 to 3 people every match, that actually leans towards killer.

    My point is that, though we should balance out things and nerf things, we need to try to do it EVENLY..

    One person mentioned that the complainers are a minority. If that's the case, I feel a lot better. I just see a lot of killer complaints in my Google news feed, when in reality I see a high kill rate. My point isn't to say that killers are op.

    My point is just too avoid making games easier for killers. Let's balance things out evenly.

    I'm coming at this one-sided because I do lean towards survivor. But can we work together for balanced changes rather then wanting to completely nerf the other side?

    Honestly I'd attribute a large majority of these stats being weighed by A. Brown and Yellow ranks are two of the most populous groups and B. Killers consistently wreck new survivors because killer is easier to do early on while survivors you get players who are still learning or trolling or just not good teammates. Those less experienced players both being more numerous and killed more frequently heavily skews the data. If you take those out I would wager the average kills would go down a lot


    Seperately a 4k isn't a win by the games standards unfortunately. I've depiped plenty of times with 4ks. It's a flaw of the game that needs addressed but as it stands the number of kills doesn't mean a killer wins.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/234212/killers-stop-expecting-a-4k

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014770#Comment_2014770

    Ok there is a lot to unpack here, so please stick with me.

    First off, the comment on the killers asking for 4k's every game isn't all killers , it's a minority. You need 3k to pip and a 2k to safety pip unless you played stupidly well/badly. I'd ask for a 3k for at least 1/2 my games. A 2k for a 1/4 and a 1k for a 1/4. That's my idea of balance at least. I will still lose games, and still pip quite a bit, but I don't expect a 4k most games, in fact I give hatch almost every game to survivor.

    The fact you can only make it out 20% as a squad (I'm guessing you mean a 4 man, but even a 3 man is applicable here) speaks more to your skill than anything.

    I havent lost a game yet in a 3-4 man. And I've played over 30 of them each. And we've had campers and tunnelers, but we have played around it. Or your not trying, either way that's more on you than anything.

    Solo queue I have an escape rate of about 47% , give 3% either side. That's around 50% of games in red ranks as a solo queuer.

    The argument about killers are impossible if they bring certain add ons is not true. Spirit has little counterplay, but again has little map pressure so you can beat her. Also stealth and mind games. No other killer is impossible to beat. None. I will discuss this with you on each and every example you want to bring up.

    Your comment about if you don't get a 2-4k every game you suck. Comical. Please tell me how many hours you have in the game. I'm reckoning less than 400. You have no clue what your on about, or are hardstuck yellow Rank. Most killers fail to compare to most good survivors. Hate to break it to you. Now get your head out of your ass and learn to play rather than spouting that bullshit.

    And they don't cater to killers. To name a few nerfs to them: Mori's, ruin, undying, PGTW. They are only nerfing Ds because it was abusable. Except from the healing clause, everything else was a good change to stop it being abused. And yes, the only reason they even started to blink an eye towards killers is because of queue times affecting survivors.

    So you want urban evasion- a way to make crouching more useful and helps the counter to hag, self care- the only way to ensure you can heal with bad teammates, taken from the game. Sorry but no, they won't do that. If your teammates choose to throw against the killer, that's their choice. Removing them when there is some literal use to them is not going to happen.

    Pgtw wasn’t nerfed. In 45 secs you have time to hook 2 survs, see a movie, go to the other side of the map and hit the generator. To make a nerf to pgtw equal to ds it should be disabled if you hit a survivors

  • Survivors, STOP expecting a 4-man escape!

    Even if in one game only 2 escape that averages out to a 3-man escape!

    In what word is this balanced?

  • ohh look another thread where theres bias from both sides.


    survivors go use DS/UB/BT every game, enjoy your hard matches.......


    also killers, use your corrupt,pop, ruin every game, enjoy your hard matches.......

  • I define success in a relative sense on both sides. When I play killer I consider a 3k a solid win, 2k as decent and 1k or less as a loss. Do I expect to 4k every time? Absolutely not. But I'm always going to *try* to 4k. As a Survivor, I don't necessarily see every match that I escape as a win. If there is only 1 gen done and I had to run for the hatch, I don't consider that a *win* per se, but at least I survived. Now if I manage to open a gate with the hatch already closed and escape, I'll call that a win. If I'm running a duo, I'll call a win as both of us escaping. As a team overall regardless of if I'm running solo or not, I call any match 3 of us make it out as a win for the team. With the asymmetric style it makes it difficult to define a clear winner in a lot of situations.

  • You'll have to forgive me, as I believe in equality of opportunity and not equality of outcome.

  • Soon as you stop thinking you are entitled to hatch. :)

  • Bait post. 2/10 effort.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Killer has been buffed so much it is too easy for sure. The thing is 4K is actually the norm. Watch any killer main and they'll 4K like every game. Then complain about borrowed time or DS while getting a 4K.

    A 4K should be a rarity, not common.

    Do you watch the survivors or the results because if this is what your seeing your looking at the results if you watched the survivors you can find mistakes they made

  • I honestly think 3k should be common I'm ok with one getting out and it makes sense too because you either need luck or good hiding to get out

  • What I'm real tired of is killers having to rely on survivor mistakes to make any headway. It's severely frustrating and off-putting how strong survivors really are. They have slews of second chance perks, lots of speed, the sound to track them is all wonky, scratch marks go every which way even when running in a straight line (if you can see them at all).

    Aim desist, slow killer movement (I said it), narrow FOV, desync, survivors with their 5th perk, thousands of pallets... it's just not fun anymore. That's not even including the toxicity from survivors. Sure, the game looks great, but the gameplay is jacked up.

  • @YourNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/234212/killers-stop-expecting-a-4k

    Killer mains are toxic in this game. They want it easy that's why they only and exclusively play OP killers. They 3 to 4k most of the times in red rank but they call their preferred killers "balanced" (spirit, huntress, PH, Gunslinger, Hag etc...).

    When devs release stats showing the kill rate is 70%+, the killers lobby come here yelling : stats doesn't mean anything blabla.

    But then they see that stats shows nurse at 60% kill rate and they use those stats to ask for a buff :). While we all know that playing nurse on console (with a gamepad) is impossible... tanking the stats for her and all killers that rely on aiming.

    A balanced game would mean a kill rate of 2k for the highest rank. What i see playing soloQ is that the kill rate is way way way higher than that 50%.

    In red ranks, the escape rate is 25% lol... it's a ######### joke.

    An average of 2k should be a good game for both side. getting 3k/4k should be hard and only the best killers whould get these.

    We don't need to have plenty of noob killers in red rank that don't even play, they just camp and tunnel for the most part. The others are using broken killers.

    Do the devs know how frustrating it is to play against a killer that has no counterplay ? Like you know facing this killer, if the player is average to good you won't be able to give a good chase. Well it is so frustrating that survivors suicide all the time.

    Major wrong behaviors in a game : camping, tunneling, DC, suicides, teamkill (in FPS) is a sign of a terrible game design. There will always be this kind of bhvr in video games as humans are playing them but when it is the majority of the community that mimic the same patern and when you see suicide after suicide, camp after camp in every trials you play, the natural move from a smart and good company would be to fix those issues by balancing/reworking the game (remove the possibility of tunnel/camp early) and reworking the killers that cause problems.

    The solution is not to implement a ban system lol... Next step will be to ban suicides or to auto struggle to avoid the possibility to suicide ? So then you will have AFK survivors in every trials that refuse to play and move because the killer is not fair or because it's an OP killer.

    Then next step ? AutoDC/Ban AFK players ? Then players won't play the game anymore.

    so sir how do you account for me? What I mean is I load the up and I refuse to do a gen. Yea it hurts us as a team but idc I’m having fun doing bones healing and looking for chest. And once in a while I’ll be chased. Point is my games effect the kill numbers.and I’m sure I’m not the only 1.

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

    Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!

    In what world is that "balanced"?

    In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

    When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

    Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...

    If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.

    Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.

    Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

    and everything i said applys to you as well. when people dc or hook suicide what do you think happens to the kill numbers? or if you end up with me in your match? the devs can balance all they want but you cant force me to do a gen if i dont want too. just like 90% of players are too lazy to do bones... i like to run dh and noed and im in red rank and let me say the salt is good for my popcorn

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014777#Comment_2014777

    But the game doesn´t lean towards killers. It´s heavily survivor sided. I´m playing solo in red ranks and i´m not ranking up anymore, because i can´t get enough altruism points before the gates are powered. My last 3 matches have been 4 man escapes.

    You're escaping in solo q? Most of the time my team doesn't do anything.

  • Calling for nerfs or buffs isn't always a sign of "I want to win every game". Sometimes, ya, it is. Not always, however.

    If a mechanic is faulty or seems over/under-tuned, it's completely worth pointing out. It just so happens that Survivors have a few perks that have been quite strong and open to abuse for some time. Most Killers don't want those perks nerfed into the ground, either. Most I see on this forum really just want them balanced so they can still be strong but with the abusable parts toned down. Many Killer mains also want to see some of the stronger aspects of Killer toned down as well (read: Stridor Spirit, Exhaustion addons, etc).

    If you see this as Killers wanting easier wins, well, it's not. A well made, well tailored game will often start out with gaps and oversights that cause some features and mechanics to over/under perform, and fix those over time based on good ol' know how and player feedback.

    Finally, and I don't think this was your intent, but reporting things that feels unbalanced is healthy for the game. Shaming people into not reporting those things is unhealthy.

    PS: What happens when Survivor mains call for the same nerfs Killer mains want? Are they double agents? Killer mains in disguise? Also, if Survivors demand Killer nerfs (read: Undying (WHICH WAS RIGHTFULLY NERFED but perhaps a bit too much)), are they just expecting to survive every match, and are angry they don't? I didn't read the whole thread, so I have no idea if this was answered.

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014774#Comment_2014774

    Naa. I'm good with not nerfing killer. Of course I am one-sided. I do play PRIMARILY one side.

    My point is not about complaining as a survivor. Or to nerf killers. Just the opposite. My point is that killers come on these forums and online and complain constantly about survivors and their perks, And I simply think the main reason is because they don't get four kills every game. Most games killers average 2 to 4 kills already, seems insane to keep complaining and destroying the game

    Maybe you should TRY the other side before talking #########

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

    Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!

    In what world is that "balanced"?

    In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

    When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

    Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...

    If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.

    Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.

    Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

    This is why the devs should play their own game at high ranks. So they can make their own decisions when it comes to balance. I hope to the entity they don't read this guys thread and assume he knows what he's talking about because clearly he doesn't.

  • I'm totally gonna expect a 4k in my next game.

    Just got a good feeling, you know?

  • @Raccoon said:

    I'm totally gonna expect a 4k in my next game.

    Just got a good feeling, you know?

    I want a 5K

    I won't be satisfied until I not only kill every survivor, but have one come back as Tommy Jarvis so I can kill him again.

  • I get what your trying to say but same for survivors

  • I got bored after the first sentence

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

    Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!

    In what world is that "balanced"?

    In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

    When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

    Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...

    If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.

    Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.

    Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

    I don't expect 4ks. But real talk 5 games. No kills. Only 1 game where I got all 4 bbq stacks. Yet, I'm still rank 2 because of the terrible ranking system.

    Red ranks are the shits and I can tell you point blank until they implement rank rewards I'm going to start depipping.

    Games last 6 minutes or less. And before the git gud crowd comes in. Fine, I suck. Can I not be a red rank killer anymore then?

  • Alright next game I expect a 4k.... as Ash.


    Where's my boomstick?!?

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

    Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!

    In what world is that "balanced"?

    In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

    When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

    Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...

    If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.

    Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.

    Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

    I am a killer main and I 100% agree with you.

    An insight I want to give you though is the fact that perks meant to make an escape or a chase easier are being weaponized. Like the DS example you just gave. But BT is the same deal.

    then there is the toxicity that just makes it less fun to play against good/better teams. I mean if I loose a game I’m not happy but I’ll still give them the gg’s but then because they were spamming second chances and just hopping on gens right after a hook not giving a single [bad word] whether I grab them or not because they have DS and BT. And proceed to go like: “ez, loser. Haha noob.” But thank the gods that abuse of gameplay will be removed next update.

    so yes the game is, when not being abused, very balanced. But the fact that perks should help evade the killer not attack him aren’t used in the way the devs want them to be used makes us cry for better balancing sometimes.

    the last thing that pisses me of personally is getting matched against a SWF all rank 1 and 2 whilst being in high-green/low-purple and then getting my ass handed to me because they are just much better. I don’t have that many hours in the game yet and sometimes I make stupid mistakes, which they will punish you for as they should, but I just feel cheated when being matched against people far above my rank but that is just me maybe idk.

    so please try to understand our frustration a little bit because this is one of the few ways to share out salt without being toxic in game.

  • Listen, going into the game expecting a 4k is the ONLY way to get one. At least for me. It's a mindset thing. If I go in going "I'm going to lose/get a 1k" then I will lose/get a 1k. If I go in saying, "SWF? No biggy they are playing MY GAME" it is highly likely I will be satisfied with the outcome of the match, whether that's a 4k, 3k, or 2k (sometimes it's just that one survivor I need the satisfaction of killing [usually only the toxic survivor]).

    Expecting a 4k is positive thinking and drastically changes how I play. Telling Killers to "stop expecting a 4k" is telling them to go in with low expectations and does not improve confidence. Confidence is needed when it's 4v1.

    This is not me defending Killers who don't know how to take a loss and learn from it. This is not me defending sore losers (Killer OR Survivor). I'm just saying that expecting a 4k has drastically improved my personal performance in the game as killer (a Trapper main no less).

    Telling Killers to stop expecting a 4k is like telling survivors to stop expecting to survive a match. From the way you worded your post, I can tell you're just a frustrated survivor that finds it easier to blame Killers then learn from loss or move on.

    Sometimes ######### is out of your hands (face camping, sandbagging, hardcore tunnelling, etc.) and you need to learn to forget about it or deal with it. All you can focus on is what you can do. Stop stressing about what the Killers do.

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014774#Comment_2014774

    Naa. I'm good with not nerfing killer. Of course I am one-sided. I do play PRIMARILY one side.

    My point is not about complaining as a survivor. Or to nerf killers. Just the opposite. My point is that killers come on these forums and online and complain constantly about survivors and their perks, And I simply think the main reason is because they don't get four kills every game. Most games killers average 2 to 4 kills already, seems insane to keep complaining and destroying the game

    Well, if you primarily play one side and rarely the other, then it's a lot harder for us to trust you with balance opinions. You don't know the plight of killer as much as a killer one trick doesn't know the plight of survivor.

1 2 3 4