Why is nobody talking about nurse anymore?

She went from being hated by survivors and loved by killers to just being hated all around. You cant play her anymore with that cooldown on high rank, I mean you barely could before the cooldown nerf because survivors at rank 4 and below know how to break line of sight but now its just impossible to ever catch someone.

Nurse was a guess game from the start, as soon as someone breaks line of sight all the nurse can do is guess whereas survivors with their superior third person vision can see you around corners. There was no reason to give her power a cooldown, absolutely none. Look at her stats now, she went from being the most liked killer to the least liked one. I feel like my sister was abused bruh....

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • She can still be good, but after the changes a base kit nurse is pretty mediocre, and I feel that might be high-balling it. With green recharge and green range she's closer to old nurse w/o add-ons, but that 6 second recharge on her power is just.. a complete slog (not to mention lazy as a 'balance change' as well).

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/949347#Comment_949347

    Red ranks before nurse even existed. I was infinited by every survivor and then called trash. So I had a very deep and passionate love for the nurse because she stopped bold survivors in their tracks and said NO to god loops. Unfortunately, she's been nerfed so much she can now be abused. Max of 2 blinks on a cooldown can't stop fast survivors that know how to juke. By the time you recover from your mistakes and constantly using 2 blinks to catch up, the other 3 are humping gens and its a gg. Completely ruined because the devs actually believed your survivor-main propaganda that she had no counterplay. There is no killer that good survivors fear now and I think that's very, very bad.

    If you say she is fair now, you make me believe you are a survivor main.

    Sorry to say, but that might just mean that you don't actually belong in red ranks, if you are getting abused by survivors there.

    Good survivor players fear good killer players. And vice versa..as it should be. Of course some of the terribly designed maps like Haddonfield push the advantage in favor of good survivors, but literally every killer has that problem. That's a map problem, not a "nurse is terrible now" problem (because she isn't).

    I don't claim that huntress needs a buff because winning against a sweaty SWF on Haddonfield as Huntress is basically mission impossible. I look at what the real problem is (huge, terrible maps).

  • I'm a survivor main and I 100% agree the nurse rework was too much. This is something survivors are becoming known for, being baby whiners. Some survivors complain and scream op when a new killer comes out. Devs nerf said killer. Then nobody talks about them anymore. I apologise killer mains.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/949933#Comment_949933

    Sorry to say, but that might just mean that you don't actually belong in red ranks, if you are getting abused by survivors there.

    Good survivor players fear good killer players. And vice versa..as it should be. Of course some of the terribly designed maps like Haddonfield push the advantage in favor of good survivors, but literally every killer has that problem. That's a map problem, not a "nurse is terrible now" problem (because she isn't).

    I don't claim that huntress needs a buff because winning against a sweaty SWF on Haddonfield as Huntress is basically mission impossible. I look at what the real problem is (huge, terrible maps).

    You can stay at red ranks indefinitely because there are enough survivors who are absolutely trash to help you stay there. Scrubs will still get bodied by her. Competent survivors now don’t fear her at all because there is built in, foolproof counterplay.

  • All of these confusing things here. Old basekit Nurse was completely fine. She was difficult to use, very rewarding if used correctly, and still offered counterplay to the survivors. What was broken about her was her add-ons. Range add-on (with no downsides), and additional blinks (also no downsides) were everything that needed a change.

  • Well also on the new map nurse gets stuck (or at least thats how it was like 2 weeks ago) so playing on the temple of wrath is absolutely impossible xD, imo nurse is still playable although you have to carefully use your blinks, cuz if you not hit a surv penalty is quite high, not only fatigue, but also recharge time, so if you didnt have any experience before, right now picking her is a terrible choice tbh

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Nobody ends chases as fast as her, also with addons the blink recharging feels almost non-existent.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/951137#Comment_951137

    You can stay at red ranks indefinitely because there are enough survivors who are absolutely trash to help you stay there. Scrubs will still get bodied by her. Competent survivors now don’t fear her at all because there is built in, foolproof counterplay.

    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Nurse players before the nerf, as a whole, were the most boosted group of players I've seen.

    Competent survivors fear Competent nurses still. I never feared nurses who weren't good, or were just decent. Those players aren't the reason she was nerfed. But those players are most vocal right now about her nerf, now that it isn't super easy to 4k with her just by learning her a bit.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/949933#Comment_949933

    Sorry to say, but that might just mean that you don't actually belong in red ranks, if you are getting abused by survivors there.

    Good survivor players fear good killer players. And vice versa..as it should be. Of course some of the terribly designed maps like Haddonfield push the advantage in favor of good survivors, but literally every killer has that problem. That's a map problem, not a "nurse is terrible now" problem (because she isn't).

    I don't claim that huntress needs a buff because winning against a sweaty SWF on Haddonfield as Huntress is basically mission impossible. I look at what the real problem is (huge, terrible maps).

    I agree that maps are a part of the problem. But if nurse is one of the only killers that was able to deal with busted maps why did she get nerfed then? To be able to fix maps, got it. Except there is no map rework/change till today. The only map rework we got was badham.

    Why?

    The same reason killer players have to deal with horrific sound issues atm...

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/951331#Comment_951331

    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Nurse players before the nerf, as a whole, were the most boosted group of players I've seen.

    Competent survivors fear Competent nurses still. I never feared nurses who weren't good, or were just decent. Those players aren't the reason she was nerfed. But those players are most vocal right now about her nerf, now that it isn't super easy to 4k with her just by learning her a bit.

    No good survivor feared any killer at all ever.

    If you were against a good nurse it was a nice match before the nerf (basekit) now it is so easy to play against her, the new map displays how much devs care for her.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/951331#Comment_951331

    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Nurse players before the nerf, as a whole, were the most boosted group of players I've seen.

    Competent survivors fear Competent nurses still. I never feared nurses who weren't good, or were just decent. Those players aren't the reason she was nerfed. But those players are most vocal right now about her nerf, now that it isn't super easy to 4k with her just by learning her a bit.

    I'm pretty "vocal" about her atm and i'm a 1k hours rank 1 nurse main, that mainly played basekit nurse before the rework.

    Now who's shittin in the tall grass?

  • --push-- (please insert somebody talking about nurse)

  • @Helevetin_nopee said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948332#Comment_948332

    Nobody ends chases as fast as her, also with addons the blink recharging feels almost non-existent.

    Oh no it's still very much there..and the fact that I need two addons to not even get base nurse is atrocious..also her chase time is no better than huntress atm..the blink recharges see to that and its frankly poorly thought out

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/951331#Comment_951331

    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Nurse players before the nerf, as a whole, were the most boosted group of players I've seen.

    Competent survivors fear Competent nurses still. I never feared nurses who weren't good, or were just decent. Those players aren't the reason she was nerfed. But those players are most vocal right now about her nerf, now that it isn't super easy to 4k with her just by learning her a bit.

    Competent players don’t fear her anymore. She is now easy bp and a pip.

  • The cool down on blinks was a little unnecessary but at the same time this also gives her strategic gameplay instead of just holding down M1 for a couple of seconds and then releasing.

    Too much excuses saying that "So and so finally got their way" that's not gonna help anything.

  • I would play Nurse only if bp reward for her would be increased x10 times. Thats how much fun she is.

  • @Skrill0x said:

    She went from being hated by survivors and loved by killers to just being hated all around. You cant play her anymore with that cooldown on high rank, I mean you barely could before the cooldown nerf because survivors at rank 4 and below know how to break line of sight but now its just impossible to ever catch someone.

    Nurse was a guess game from the start, as soon as someone breaks line of sight all the nurse can do is guess whereas survivors with their superior third person vision can see you around corners. There was no reason to give her power a cooldown, absolutely none. Look at her stats now, she went from being the most liked killer to the least liked one. I feel like my sister was abused bruh....

    @DBD_Pinhead said:

    No one is talking about her because survivors finally got their way and had her nerfed to the ground. They don't want to be threatened so now that she's out of commission, they just pivot to the next target.

    Damn survivor mains lol


  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/951331#Comment_951331

    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Nurse players before the nerf, as a whole, were the most boosted group of players I've seen.

    Competent survivors fear Competent nurses still. I never feared nurses who weren't good, or were just decent. Those players aren't the reason she was nerfed. But those players are most vocal right now about her nerf, now that it isn't super easy to 4k with her just by learning her a bit.

    You could say the same about survivors. But you don't see survivors getting nerfed, just because a handful of them are close to reaching the skill ceiling. Double standards, as usual.

  • @DBD_Pinhead said:

    No one is talking about her because survivors finally got their way and had her nerfed to the ground. They don't want to be threatened so now that she's out of commission, they just pivot to the next target.

    Pretty much. Mission accomplished, survivor mains.

  • @DBD_Pinhead said:

    No one is talking about her because survivors finally got their way and had her nerfed to the ground. They don't want to be threatened so now that she's out of commission, they just pivot to the next target.

    She was a main for me on console.. Rest In Peace.

  • Since the nerf I think I've gone against a nurse maybe 5 or 6 times total in ranked matches, and I've escaped every time. Before the nerf, I had about a 50/50 escape chance against a good non-omega nurse.

    Juking a non-omega pre-nerf nurse was not impossible. I could do it semi-reliably, and I normally only reach rank 6 before reset. Post-nerf, I'm not concerned in the least when I hear the nurse scream. As someone else said, I know it will be an easier-than-average game.

    There's really only one fix needed to make nurse fun again (for both sides). They need to revert the basekit nerfs and keep the add-on changes. (Change the add-ons that affect recharge time, of course.)

  • Lets see some updated stats please @Peanits whats her pick rate and kill rate on pc and counsel and in red ranks. @Almo has stated her kill rate is 43.9% for all platforms which is a 3 to 4% drop from the numbers pre rework.

  • Man, I look over at her everyday with all her nice perks and cosmetics and think back to the days of having her as a viable character on console.

  • I think just buffing her blinks recovery rate by like .2 seconds each would be fine. She might need additional buffs on all other platforms aside from PC as well since she does considerably less on those platforms. I have yet to see a Nurse in Red ranks on xbox who can get more than 1 kill.

  • Yeah, so I got some months away from DBD. I used to be a skilled console Nurse main in ps4, something i was proud of, given its a console Nurse. And just the basekit, no addons never.


    And them, today I got the idea to play with her and got this pathetic killer were one of the addons makes her just move as a f1 killer with no power. Lets say... i felt punched in the face when i got that overkilling cooldown.


    The result were as predicted by the Devs: a weak killer, everybody escapes. I'll just think if i may keep on spending my money in such a game that makes that kind of thing with a (once upon a time) perfect killer.


    The feeling is like beeing abused. She was the best. Now, idk if she is better than old Freddy. Just very disappointing, and very offensive with the Nurse mains.


    Changing her ridiculous addons? Ok. But her basekit... unforgivable. Giving cooldown to blinks? Shame on you, Behaviour.

  • Because nurse could deal with swf and then they gutted her (still can just harder now) can’t make as many mistakes

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @DBD_Pinhead said:

    No one is talking about her because survivors finally got their way and had her nerfed to the ground. They don't want to be threatened so now that she's out of commission, they just pivot to the next target.

    Smartest comment I've seen in my life

  • I miss the thrill of playing against a good nurse. Sometimes you were able to out maneuver her and sometimes you weren’t. It was rare to find those killers who could really do damage with her.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Because she is awful at low - mid ranks. She's a free escape when unskilled player playing her.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534813#Comment_1534813

    No way that's the smartest comment. I've seen smarter. Here is an example: "Taco Cat spelled backwards is Taco Cat"

    ok you made my day

  • They've given up. I thought it was obvious.

  • Nurse is still the best killer in the game....

  • @Enigma said:

    Nurse is still the best killer in the game....

    I think I still agree with that. She was always the highest skill floor and ceiling as well. Her skill floor just also became higher with the nerfs as she now has more nuances to her power.

  • @Enigma said:

    Nurse is still the best killer in the game....

    She sure is good against newbies.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    She is still the best but she became tedious, honestly she lost everything that made her fun, sure you are still a killing machine but you want to off yourself half the trial.

    Agreed. She became so unfun after her rework and I don't even think it was necessary.

  • Lol dbd forums are something else

  • @Skrill0x said:

    She went from being hated by survivors and loved by killers to just being hated all around. You cant play her anymore with that cooldown on high rank, I mean you barely could before the cooldown nerf because survivors at rank 4 and below know how to break line of sight but now its just impossible to ever catch someone.

    Nurse was a guess game from the start, as soon as someone breaks line of sight all the nurse can do is guess whereas survivors with their superior third person vision can see you around corners. There was no reason to give her power a cooldown, absolutely none. Look at her stats now, she went from being the most liked killer to the least liked one. I feel like my sister was abused bruh....

    Uhh what? I know many Rank 1 nurses that have absolutely no issue with her current state. Fact is; nurse is still an S tier killer even with the cooldown.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115520/why-is-nobody-talking-about-nurse-anymore

    Uhh what? I know many Rank 1 nurses that have absolutely no issue with her current state. Fact is; nurse is still an S tier killer even with the cooldown.

    Well they ALL have issues with her current state, but they accept it, because BHVR went silent about it for more than half a year now.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1542286#Comment_1542286

    Well they ALL have issues with her current state, but they accept it, because BHVR went silent about it for more than half a year now.

    If she's still S tier and in the top 3 killers after a nerf.. then there's nothing to complain about.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1542421#Comment_1542421

    If she's still S tier and in the top 3 killers after a nerf.. then there's nothing to complain about.

    In theory*

    In practice she really isn't that good if for nothing else all of her game breaking bugs that can permanently disable her 2nd blink or her power entirely or any of the nonsensical dead zones such as at one point the entire corn fields on the farm maps.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1542421#Comment_1542421

    If she's still S tier and in the top 3 killers after a nerf.. then there's nothing to complain about.

    I'm one of those infamous 1k hours nurse mains and i think she dropped to A-tier simply because being a walking bug and having her base power crippled.

    How much hours do you got on nurse if i may ask? I got ~1100.

  • you will be surprised, but there are still amazing good nurses out there. and i see them pretty often, the nerf was necessary she is stupidly strong and can ignore every survivor defense. she didnt need to exist to begin with, i dont know why they did it. a killer that if used properly there is 0 chance for the survivor to make it, a good nurse of course, becasue line of sights are just something that may work sometiems on certian maps but dont pretend like if that is the counter because is not.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I've brought up the guessing game aspect before and what I got was "Stop guessing and start predicting." I was like, "Thanks smart ass." As a wise man named Tru3 once said before the nerfs, "They need to not touch her basekit because it's really her add-ons that make her overpowered." And he was right, and the devs were wrong, because now they've nerfed her base abilities and she's now unplayable garbage, maybe even worse than Clown.

    The devs re often wrong about basekit changes, look at PTB billy and Nurse. That is why I would be concerned if they ever considered Spirit.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    Honestly ? The devs effed up..they had no clue what they were doing to her and the results speak for themselves..nurse is nearly vanished entirely in all platforms, and those who are playing her are losing over and over again because the ones who changed her never play her..they even admitted to this..and so shes no longer fun..no.point in playing her when other killers are more enjoyable and just as powerful as her in her gutted state

    Nurse was never popular on Xbox because of the way you had to play her, as well as the lag that comes with her effects.

  • I know, right? People there think Nurse is still anywhere near playable against survivors with half a brain. :D

  • As a new post nerf nurse main she was definitely hard to learn but I made of my mind that I was gonna play her until I got good with her. I’ve only been playing nurse for a couple months. Didn’t have a single hour played as killer I have maybe 100 hours on nurse and went from 20 to 1 in three months. She maybe a top tier killer but the ridiculous add-ons and fatigue to much. The reason you don’t see nurse as much anymore is she’s way to damn buggy to play. To many dead zones in maps can’t attack after blinks, getting stuck inside objects because you didn’t charge blink long enough to blink through it. Why would anyone want to endure those bugs to play nurse. I noticed a huge difference in nurse after the 4.0.0 update. There’s not a lot of nurse mains anymore but but I could tell a difference. The only reason I went from 20 to rank 1 so fast is match making has been busted for that long. As for me I will continue to main nurse imo she requires the most luck and skill to play

  • Because as a side of killer : nurse is to hard to play and can be really annoyng if the survival is good and now how to mind game

    And as survival side, its really annoyng you dont being abble to loop or she pass trough your pallet or your windows and everthing that you has to protect you self


    Survivals hate nurse and for killers forget about her

1 2 3 4