What strategies do survivors want killers to use?

So survivors hate camping and tunnelling. OK. Now survivors hate 3genning. How is it killers are supposed to kill?

These are the very best ways for a killer to get 3/4K.

Comments

  • You're in luck, they don't.

  • @TigerSnake said:

    Mindlessly chase different survivors and lose.

    I do this from time to time so I don’t get flamed.

    then when i get tired of losing i buckle down and basement carry.

  • You and me have been around long enough to know thats copium.

  • @cannonballB said:

    So survivors hate camping and tunnelling. OK. Now survivors hate 3genning. How is it killers are supposed to kill?

    These are the very best ways for a killer to get 3/4K.

    Crazy that survivors want game play that actually allow them to play the game.

    Camping: Stealth camping or coming back to check on a hook, not a problem. Just standing there freezes a survivor out of the game.

    3 Genning: With some killers fine, but others can drag the game on as an infinite stalemate.

    Tunneling: This one survivors do tend to be overly paranoid about, but it should be harder. The obvious play is to focus on the weakest survivor which makes the game brutal for newer players.

    -

    The game should be a combination of chase and stealth as strategies - things that allow both sides to do something. Does a game style focus on those? If not, nerf.

  • @Doomzilla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3368521#Comment_3368521

    Saying killers aren’t entitled to 4K doesn’t mean they aren’t entitled to “try” to 4K, just as survivors are entitled to escape by any means.

    But the attitude you have of “oh if I don’t like what the killer is doing, I’m going to DC!”… That is the textbook definition of entitlement.

    If you're playing to 4K by any means necessary, with no care for the enjoyment of the other players, then a DC should be exactly what you want to see.

    If you complain about DCs at that point, you're a hypocrite, plain and simple.

    I don't tunnel, camp, slug or force 3-gens. I also don't teabag, flashlight spam, bring BNPs or linger in the exit zone. It isn't that hard to play nicer.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3368529#Comment_3368529

    The last four killers released have been anti-loop (Dredge, Wesker, Knight, Skull Merchant to a lesser extent). Dredge and Wesker have really good anti-loop. Tbh Knight does as well with his recent buffs. So it’s a lie that BHVR hasn’t been releasing killers that do well in chase.

    It's not a lie it's your interpretation of what I said when I didn't even use the word anti-loop. Although ultimately as I mentioned it's a mix of is the killer good in chase and is the killer fun for both sides. Does anti-loop necessarily mean good in chase? Up for you to decide ultimately. But Dredge while they force survivors to hold W doesn't particularly strike me as a killer that can end chases quick if they're skilled enough outside of the basic knowledge of killer. Wesker however is all in the players hands and is a very flexible killer.

    You can argue Knight and Merch are great at anti-loop but ultimately they have nothing that ends chases quicker aside from zoning a survivor with their power. They're not great in chase and require too much set up to do so. The only power they have is making survivors hold W to the next tile and usually when they use their power it uses too much time. Although Merchant suffers far less from this than Knight.

    To shorten my view of them - When I go against a chase with the 4 killers we're referring to for 3 of them all I'm thinking of is "How far is the next tile and pallet"? while with Wesker I'm worried "Does Wesker land his ability on me?" which is the main difference on chase potential. I'm not at all worried about the powers of 3 of those killers I'm more concerned about my surrounding resources. It's not the same case with Wesker.

  • I don't know, but if the chase was easier for the killer then the game would be a lot better. Give chases a full overhaul cause all these windows and pallets ain't it. These tiles and stuff too. Change the gens too. Honestly change everything. The gameplay formula may be alright to some people, but it's such a drag.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    They want Killers to use the Hit and Run

    Cause then they can get more BP's and all escape

    I do that with demo and trust me. People don't often escape that build 🤣

  • @BougieBlackChick said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3368722#Comment_3368722

    Call it what you want, if a killer is gonna BM me on hook or tunnel me out at 5 gens because they “must” 4K thereby removing my ability to actually play the match, yes I will DC. Entitlement is thinking that others have to stay in the game with you while you play however you want. Even when it ruins their ability to actually play the game. Survivors are not meant to be fodder for the killer to do whatever they want.

    But you are advocating for the same thing as what you are complaining about. You want killers to play a certain way that you prefer or you'll quit. So you expect a killer to play your way or basically not play.

    "Entitlement is thinking that others have to stay in the game with you while you play however you want."

    That's what you are advocating here, people have to play by your rules or you'll quit and refuse to play.

    Irony isn't your strong suit is it. But you make up for that with expert levels of hypocrisy.

    Good to see the DBD forums haven't changed one bit in my absence.

  • As for me, camping and tunnelling is ok cuz it is a strategy and it can be countered as a strategy by another strategy. It shouldn't be toxic though. Like killers who nod and hit you after they camp you, its not ok, especially if they expound upon how bad my team is in the end-game chat.

    3-gen is also a strategy, but now it prolongs games drastically. Though sometimes I can even enjoy 3-gen when the killer chases me for a little while near it. But mostly you just feel exhausted after the game with the feeling of spending 3 times more time on it then you usually do.

    Its not your problem to care for what survs want to play though. If your aim is 3/4K or you are a 3-gen enjoyer go for it. Just no toxicity, even if survs provoke you.

    I personally enjoy chases more as a killer and as a surv, so I can be distracted a lot from the gens and end up camping someone. Just hunting for some experience if I have a moment and a person for it

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    Strategies that are not based on exploiting/abusing something that bhvr hasn't fixed yet. Strategies that are based on skill, good sportsmanship and fair competition

    Considering highly popular survivors strats lately involve using bad map design to make it almost impossible to hook them and going out of their way to burn map offerings so they can force you can go to the problematic maps and basically play the game on their terms, I feel like neither side is meeting the arbitrary bars of skilled play, good sportsmanship, and fair competition.

  • @cannonballB said:

    So survivors hate camping and tunnelling. OK. Now survivors hate 3genning. How is it killers are supposed to kill?

    These are the very best ways for a killer to get 3/4K.

    What they want is simple., when you hook a survivor, they want you to ignore that survivor for a bit, even if they unhook that survivor in a very unsafe way. They want you to chance any of the other three survivors while the hooked survivor gets to heal up and reset to neutral. And even then, they want you to spread your chases out to all four survivors evenly. No jumping back and forth between 2 survivors, even if those two survivors intentionally try to get you to chase them. Also, they're not big fans of gen regression perks, gen blocking perks, the exposed status effect, speed based powers, or anti-loop powers, so try not to use those.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    3 gen only sucks when they refuse to even attempt to chase.

    I mean wouldn’t that defeat the entire point of a 3 gen? Like if you were going to chase then why even 3 gen in the first place. Chasing is how you lose a 3 gen.

    I think the core problem here is that the entire reason killers don’t chase from their 3 gen is because the chases take too long to be viable and that chase will lose them the game even if they played it perfectly. Like literally just straight hold w time in a straight line for that chase would lose him the last gen..not even throwing looping into the mix.

  • @TigerSnake said:

    Mindlessly chase different survivors and lose.

    Literally this ^

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/367600/what-strategies-do-survivors-want-killers-to-use

    Crazy that survivors want game play that actually allow them to play the game.

    Camping: Stealth camping or coming back to check on a hook, not a problem. Just standing there freezes a survivor out of the game.

    3 Genning: With some killers fine, but others can drag the game on as an infinite stalemate.

    Tunneling: This one survivors do tend to be overly paranoid about, but it should be harder. The obvious play is to focus on the weakest survivor which makes the game brutal for newer players.

    -

    The game should be a combination of chase and stealth as strategies - things that allow both sides to do something. Does a game style focus on those? If not, nerf.

    A killer using a strategy you don't like to win doesn't prevent you from playing the game. People need to stop expecting very specific gameplay from the killer to consider the survivor as "playing the game".

  • @Doomzilla said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3368521#Comment_3368521

    Saying killers aren’t entitled to 4K doesn’t mean they aren’t entitled to “try” to 4K, just as survivors are entitled to escape by any means.

    But the attitude you have of “oh if I don’t like what the killer is doing, I’m going to DC!”… That is the textbook definition of entitlement.

    That entitlement can do a lot, and in a way, I would argue that it is a double-edged sword since BHVR tracks stats.

    BHVR saw that people DCed a lot when facing Legion when they released to live servers, which prompted them to change them, and eventually we ended up with what we got now, which most people consider to be more enjoyable for both sides compared to before.

    Who's to say that the same wont happen with the Skull Merchant? A lot of people have playing as and against the Skull Merchant, and there are a lot of people who want to see her reworked. I honestly think it might lead to another Legion scenario.

    Not that I support DCing of course.

  • @TigerSnake said:

    Mindlessly chase different survivors and lose.

    Considering a lot of people in this thread are saying why they don't like camping, tunneling and 3-genning but I see no one actually specifying how they wish the killer was playing instead, I guess that's what they actually wanted.

    People in this forums complain about camping (both face and proxy), tunneling a survivor out earlier, slugging, 3 genning, bringing regression perks... at this point, these people seem to want this game to become a boring simulation where the same thing happens every match: killer finds a survivor, chases for some time, hooks them, go look for another survivor, repeat.

    People, if that's your ideal game and every choice that deviates from it is wrong, you might as well play against an AI.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3369376#Comment_3369376

    A killer using a strategy you don't like to win doesn't prevent you from playing the game. People need to stop expecting very specific gameplay from the killer to consider the survivor as "playing the game".

    Yes it does. When you’re the one getting tunneled out at 5 gens or face camped to death at 5 gens you don’t get to play the game.

  • @NerfDeadHardPLZ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3368521#Comment_3368521

    how can you slug 4 people when there is a perk called unbreakable ?

    Because not every survivor in a match runs unbreakable and sometimes not even one survivor runs it. Also unbreakable is a single use perk. Don’t be intentionally obtuse.

  • Kind of controversial I suppose but camping and tunneling is kind of fine, IF the matchmaking is good. It has to be done if both sides are trying hard for the win. Good survivors can last in chase and a good team rushes gens. And DS, OTR, Adrenaline and Reassurance are super nice for mitigating those strategies.

    I don't think 3 genning is good though. If you get tunneld or camped, the game can be over in minutes, so just go next. But if you get 3 genned, the game just goes on and on. And if you're not in a full SWF or only 3 alive? Best of luck to you...

  • All I would ever ask of a killer is to not camp or tunnel. Outside of that, knock yourself out. I rarely get upset at what the killer does. But I'm almost always mad at what the other survivors in solo queue hell do. The list of things they do that make me upset is very very long.

  • @BougieBlackChick said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370129#Comment_3370129

    Yes it does. When you’re the one getting tunneled out at 5 gens or face camped to death at 5 gens you don’t get to play the game.

    You still got to play the game. You just didn't play it in the way you wanted to. But that's just how pvp games go.

  • @BougieBlackChick said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370129#Comment_3370129

    Yes it does. When you’re the one getting tunneled out at 5 gens or face camped to death at 5 gens you don’t get to play the game.

    If you are dying, doesn't matter how, you are getting elimitaned from the game as intended, regardless of how much time you spent playing before you lost and got eliminated. So, if you are getting facecamped or tunneled, that didn't prevent you from playing the game. Dying earlier =/= not being allowed to play.

  • Funny enough it seems to be slugging

    Sure i have seen people complain about slugging on the forums but i have never seen someone complain about it in my games.

    And i'm someone who thinks that slugging for pressure is the key to winning with m1 killers and is waay stronger then tunneling.

    I pretty much slug all the time whenever i know another survivor is near the one i just downed. Not a single complaint

    As long as you don't overdo it and just leave them to bleed out people are surprisingly chill with it

  • @BougieBlackChick said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370129#Comment_3370129

    Yes it does. When you’re the one getting tunneled out at 5 gens or face camped to death at 5 gens you don’t get to play the game.

    Even if getting tunneled isn't that fun for most people, it's most definitely getting to play the game. You have full control of your character while getting tunneled. Face camping there is nothing you can do but pray your team helps you.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    They want Killers to use the Hit and Run

    Cause then they can get more BP's and all escape

    But they dont want a Legion ;D

  • Spend 3 minutes chasing each survivor and trying to get atleast 10 hooks for a clean, fun and fair win.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3369376#Comment_3369376

    A killer using a strategy you don't like to win doesn't prevent you from playing the game. People need to stop expecting very specific gameplay from the killer to consider the survivor as "playing the game".

    I mean if the game was called hook hanging simulator or watch the killer from a distance I'd see your point, but the game is hide and/or chase.

    If you want to argue this way you could say the servers could shut down, but its okay if we can still get to the loading screen because we're still playing the game.

    On the other side, I understand why killers get upset at 4 person SWF's with BNP, it doesn't really give any killer to actually play the game in a way that is fun or fair.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370129#Comment_3370129

    I mean if the game was called hook hanging simulator or watch the killer from a distance I'd see your point, but the game is hide and/or chase.

    If you want to argue this way you could say the servers could shut down, but its okay if we can still get to the loading screen because we're still playing the game.

    On the other side, I understand why killers get upset at 4 person SWF's with BNP, it doesn't really give any killer to actually play the game in a way that is fun or fair.

    Literally part of survivor gameplay is being on hook. Being on hook is still being in the game and still playing it.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Spend 3 minutes chasing each survivor and trying to get atleast 10 hooks for a clean, fun and fair win.

    4 gens can be done in 3 minutes. That's not at all viable.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3371113#Comment_3371113

    Literally part of survivor gameplay is being on hook. Being on hook is still being in the game and still playing it.

    The loading screen is also part of the game. If something quadrupled the amount of time I spent on the loading screen I'd be pretty upset.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3371140#Comment_3371140

    The loading screen is also part of the game. If something quadrupled the amount of time I spent on the loading screen I'd be pretty upset.

    People with poor pcs can significantly increase the loading screen time, so go complain about that.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Y'all can use whatever strategy you want.

    I hate 3 gens because I don't want to play in a damn match for 40 minutes. I hate getting camped because I actually do want to play the game at some point this match. I hate getting tunneled because it's a cheesy AF way to play and I don't get much of a chance to do anything. I hate getting slugged as the third person because the killer insists that they need the 4K to "win".

    But they're all strategies you are allowed to do so go nuts killers. I'd like to hope there are more killers like myself who would take a Fun 0K game over a Boring 4K game (or a Fun Death rather than a Boring Escape) every time but I understand that not everybody prefers that.

    This is the way. The game needs more folks like you <3

    I agree with everything you said and couldn't have said it better myself!

  • Survivor strategy is let me do gens without interpretation and pick the pretty flowers on the way to the gates and ask for a mug for their tbags at the end.

  • It would be nice if killers could chase survivors and have fun instead of loading into every match seethingly angry, as if the survivors have been gangstalking them and now they're going to try to make people as miserable as humanly possible. All in pursuit of a meaningless W.

  • @cannonballB said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370390#Comment_3370390

    4 gens can be done in 3 minutes. That's not at all viable.

    I was being sarcastic 🤨

  • @BougieBlackChick said:

    I just want killers to realize you don’t need, nor are you entitled, to 4K every match. This belief that you do is why so many survivors hate playing against certain killer styles. As someone said above, I just want a well rounded match with a good amount of BP to make it worth my time. I don’t NEED to escape to have fun in a match. I just don’t want to be tunneled out or face camped to death in 2 minutes because killers decided that they need to make the game a 3v1 immediately because they “have” to 4K. I’m also not gonna play a 45 minute match because of immediate 3 genning and refusing to chase, but instead just camping the 4 gen.

    I just wants survivors to realize you don’t need, nor are you entitled to an escape every match. This belief is why so many killers hate playing against certain survivor styles. As someone said above, I just want a well rounded match with a good amount of bp to make it worth my time. I don’t NEED a 4k to have fun in a match. I just don’t want to be teabagged at the gates because I chilled or got bad matchmaking and the survivors decided they need to be toxic about it. I’m also not gonna play a 4 minute gen rush match to have them wait in the gates to teabag and taunt and refusing to leave, but instead I’ll stand in the corner so everyone depips from 0chase and 0altruism


    funny how your little speech goes both ways isn’t it

  • @Grum said:

    It would be nice if killers could chase survivors and have fun instead of loading into every match seethingly angry, as if the survivors have been gangstalking them and now they're going to try to make people as miserable as humanly possible. All in pursuit of a meaningless W.

    Who says they aren't having fun making you miserable?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I was just watching someone on Twitch that I thought is fitting for this discussion. They had a Bubba. This Bubba didn't camp at all. Always left hook. They were good with the chainsaw though. The first time this person was downed by the chainsaw he was saying "why couldn't he just hit me with his mallet?" At the end the guy is raging and saying how the killer was a piece of ######### and they used cheap tactics by only using the chainsaw and not using the mallet to hit survivors.

    I wanted to chime in but it was a followers only chat and I didn't want to follow someone like that.

    Guess to this person, killers aren't allowed to use their powers.

    Edit: I'm losing my mind. I forgot I just posted in here. Sorry for the multiple posts.

    Meanwhile i am praying to dbd gods for Bubbas and all i get are blights / skunk merchants / weskers

  • @TigerSnake said:

    Mindlessly chase different survivors and lose.

    Actually I don't mind at all losing to killer who goes for chases as survivor and person with common sense would not complain about that.

  • Idk ,we still get her every few matches,,,but thaknkfully way less than her release,,,her hype kinda fizzled out

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Y'all can use whatever strategy you want.

    I hate 3 gens because I don't want to play in a damn match for 40 minutes. I hate getting camped because I actually do want to play the game at some point this match. I hate getting tunneled because it's a cheesy AF way to play and I don't get much of a chance to do anything. I hate getting slugged as the third person because the killer insists that they need the 4K to "win".

    But they're all strategies you are allowed to do so go nuts killers. I'd like to hope there are more killers like myself who would take a Fun 0K game over a Boring 4K game (or a Fun Death rather than a Boring Escape) every time but I understand that not everybody prefers that.

    When I'm getting tunneled that's when it's the most exciting. I'm pretty great at looping killers so I can usually loop them enough they either get irritated and go after someone else, or they stay on me and get ran for 5 gens. Either way, it was fun for me! I hope it was fun for them! But yeah tunneling is fun not cheesy otherwise I'm just holding M1 on a generator all game and that's boring AF.

  • @stonedcandle said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3368417#Comment_3368417

    When I'm getting tunneled that's when it's the most exciting. I'm pretty great at looping killers so I can usually loop them enough they either get irritated and go after someone else, or they stay on me and get ran for 5 gens. Either way, it was fun for me! I hope it was fun for them! But yeah tunneling is fun not cheesy otherwise I'm just holding M1 on a generator all game and that's boring AF.

    It certainly CAN be fun if you are in the....right position for lack of a better term. I just find a lot of times if you're being tunneled, either through bad luck for you or stuff has been used up, if you are tunneled in a dead zone, there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I was just watching someone on Twitch that I thought is fitting for this discussion. They had a Bubba. This Bubba didn't camp at all. Always left hook. They were good with the chainsaw though. The first time this person was downed by the chainsaw he was saying "why couldn't he just hit me with his mallet?" At the end the guy is raging and saying how the killer was a piece of ######### and they used cheap tactics by only using the chainsaw and not using the mallet to hit survivors.

    I wanted to chime in but it was a followers only chat and I didn't want to follow someone like that.

    Guess to this person, killers aren't allowed to use their powers.

    Edit: I'm losing my mind. I forgot I just posted in here. Sorry for the multiple posts.

    LOL did I play them on Xbox last week? Got such a salty boi message that I was just playing a braindead killer and they'd have destroyed me if I wasn't playing such a baby no skill killer 😅

  • @Grum said:

    It would be nice if killers could chase survivors and have fun instead of loading into every match seethingly angry, as if the survivors have been gangstalking them and now they're going to try to make people as miserable as humanly possible. All in pursuit of a meaningless W.

    3genning for me is fun because it's a challenge. It's a battle of attrition, which i like because it keeps me on my toes. I have to constantly check all 3 gens, which means I'm actually doing something other than chasing survivors, which isn't the "fun" part of killer for me (survivor is far more fun in a chase than killer. Killer is just frustrating.)

    And the killers job is literally to make you as miserable as possible until you die. Then my job with you is done but I still have 3 others I have to kill as well so it very much behooves me and killers in general to not care about your fun. That's not our jobs, nor should it be.

  • @cannonballB said:

    So survivors hate camping and tunnelling. OK. Now survivors hate 3genning. How is it killers are supposed to kill?

    These are the very best ways for a killer to get 3/4K.

    Lets turn the tables. How would killers react if they had no strategy at all and survivors had 4 strategies that just make the game as miserable as possible to be played for killers? "strategy" is just a synonym for bad gamedesign in dbd. its literally a meme.

  • @Chaosrider said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/367600/what-strategies-do-survivors-want-killers-to-use

    Lets turn the tables. How would killers react if they had no strategy at all and survivors had 4 strategies that just make the game as miserable as possible to be played for killers? "strategy" is just a synonym for bad gamedesign in dbd. its literally a meme.

    As if survivors don't have ways of messing with the killers. The amount of second chance perks alone proves your entire statement incorrect.


    And if survivors could mess with killers like that, then the game wouldn't be dead by daylight, it'd be closer to VHS, where the teens can fight back.


    Survivors are helpless *by design*. That's the intent.

  • @cannonballB said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3371450#Comment_3371450

    3genning for me is fun because it's a challenge. It's a battle of attrition, which i like because it keeps me on my toes. I have to constantly check all 3 gens, which means I'm actually doing something other than chasing survivors, which isn't the "fun" part of killer for me (survivor is far more fun in a chase than killer. Killer is just frustrating.)

    And the killers job is literally to make you as miserable as possible until you die. Then my job with you is done but I still have 3 others I have to kill as well so it very much behooves me and killers in general to not care about your fun. That's not our jobs, nor should it be.

    You're either lying, or you probably find it thrilling to watch paint dry.

    "And the killers job is literally to make you as miserable as possible until you die."

    People having this mindset is why the game is ****ing miserable anymore. It's a video game. Have fun, understand that you're playing with other human beings who are playing to have a good time. Winning or losing is meaningless.

    Or you could deliberately bore people into uninstalling the game.

  • @Grum said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3371856#Comment_3371856

    You're either lying, or you probably find it thrilling to watch paint dry.

    "And the killers job is literally to make you as miserable as possible until you die."

    People having this mindset is why the game is ****ing miserable anymore. It's a video game. Have fun, understand that you're playing with other human beings who are playing to have a good time. Winning or losing is meaningless.

    Or you could deliberately bore people into uninstalling the game.

    Winning or losing is meaningless, yet you’re mad that killers use tactics to beat you.

  • @cannonballB said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3371858#Comment_3371858

    As if survivors don't have ways of messing with the killers. The amount of second chance perks alone proves your entire statement incorrect.

    And if survivors could mess with killers like that, then the game wouldn't be dead by daylight, it'd be closer to VHS, where the teens can fight back.

    Survivors are helpless *by design*. That's the intent.

    What second chance perks?

1 2 3