Survivors prevail once again

So survivors rage quitting finally pays off as usual. Now they get a full on buffed version of BT as basekit. Which can pretty much guarantee an escape during endgame, if the survivor is unhooked anywhere near the exits. Go on, keep punishing killers for camping and tunneling, instead of looking into why MOST of the camping and tunneling is happening (survivor objective is much quicker than the killer's objective). So much for the kiLLeR siDeD pAtCh lol.

Comments

  • @xni6_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147261#Comment_3147261

    we tunnel bc gen speeds compared to safety of maps (i.e. dead dawg having a god loop for a main building, and 4 tiles that interconnect, and thats called a KILLER SIDED map) is not equal. we cannot get downs quicker than gens get done (which is why people play nurse, who ignores maps almost completely), so we tunnel out a survivor to permanently slow down gens by 25%, or to just get a kill if the damage done was too much.

    Thats some Bullshit over here lmao

    No, you tunnel cus you want an ez game fast as possible. Why even trying to deny that

  • @SimplyPixelated06 said:

    Yall literally got a bunch of buffs to base killer, calm down. Its only increased by 3.

    we recover from certain actions 0.3 seconds faster. wow how game changing (sarcasm, this changed literally nothing).

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147263#Comment_3147263

    While I agree that the devs aren't survivor sided, I feel like these examples aren't really good cause reassurance was kinda dumb since you can keep the hooked survivor on there for a long time and wesker had very janky interactions.

    But they overnerfed it because it actually made camping unviable now it is still viable. They could change it being 60s pause with only one time use per hook state

  • @xni6_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147782#Comment_3147782

    we recover from certain actions 0.3 seconds faster. wow how game changing (sarcasm, this changed literally nothing).

    I don't think you read the patch notes lmao.

    bleppp.png


  • I hate to have to tell people so much stuff they try not to bring up, but if the killer objective was faster than the survivors objective wouldn’t survivor almost always lose?

    How did survivors prevail this update when Wesker’s buffs were specifically meant to nerf vaulting behind Wesker after he vaults?

    DBD is balanced around a 2 kill game and for that to work kill rates would need to be atleast 60% not 50%, if the killer’s objective of finding, downing, hooking, and killing survivors was faster then the kill rate would spike up immensely, and the survivor “rage quitting” part actually won’t come up for devs as the match is discarded entirely, so survivors rage quitting does absolutely nothing, but killing themselves on hook usually does

    Camping is a problem in mainly solo queue, hence why bhvr is taking such actions to hit it down camping, its good as a last resort and still is, but now its actually a last resort unless you are playing a killer that is good at trading hits on hook (which is actually alot of killers)

    Don’t complain over one side getting attention after the other side got alot, and this update nerfed Reassurance as well

  • @Street said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/342535/survivors-prevail-once-again

    If you're bad or too fascinated with the chase, can't keep your emotions in check and in result lose counting the time it's your own issue. I cant believe anyone is really complain after midchapter patch. At this point I'm sure there won't ve enough nerfs to survivors for you to stop complaining. I play killers only for bp and trophies/challenges. I reckon it was boring role pre patch and it became much more boring after. It's so much easier to control gens and catch them so it brings zero interest.

    Time is your main resource as the killer. If you cant manage it - you're gonna lose again and again.

    Pls dont reply to this message, I wont read it.

    So you are not playing regulary on killer side, you have low MMR, you play against newbies, and you declare that it is way much more easier then survivor side? Nice argument

  • I bet you're one of the Pig players that crouch tunnel survivors with the trap on. Gotta get my 1k.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147571#Comment_3147571

    The thing is, if only I am running it (which I have to assume since there is no way knowing the Perks of the other Survivors unless you are in an SWF), it would be more beneficial to stick to the Gen I am working on instead of going next to the Hook and use the Perk to prolong the Hook State.

    The time I am not on a Gen to activate the Perk will be more hurtful to the Team than it can be beneficial to prolong the Hook Stage of the camped Survivor.

    No definitely not, not in my opinion.

    I guess it does depend on your team, which is where we cricle right back to classic solo queue problems, especially bad teammates, but also the lack of information that solo survivors sometimes have. But me not being on a gen is definitely worth it if it means the survivor can survive another 30 seconds on a hook, because that also gives my two team mates both an extra 30 seconds to repair on gens.

    And then, at the end, if no other survivor has gone for the save, I will just try and sacrifice myself. So mathematically, it will definitely be worth it. Unless maybe I am at the other side of the map. I just think it's such a shame it got nerfed at all, and in the wrong way. I wouldn't mind the nerf if they would have increased the range to 12 or even 16 or 18 meters though, but as it stands, the nerf was just completely unnecessary.

    But to be fair, this update is adding so many good changes, that I can't get too mad at it. I was really mad at first, but after seeing all the fantastic changes to Wesker, and him not getting overbuffed, which I was a bit scared about after seeing all the ridiculous buff suggestions on these forums, and the anti-tunneling mechanic being buffed, I am generally pretty damn happy with this update.

    Though I 100% still want baseline camping nerfs. As happy as I am about the buff to the anti-tunneling mechanic, which is even more than I excpected and hoped for, hook phase duration still needs to be inrceased to 70 seconds, and hook grabs need to be removed. Those nerfs would really help survivors deal with the crappy tactic that camping is in a proper and fair way, and it wouldn't nerf killers too hard in any way either. 70 seconds surely wouldn't be enough to free survivors from too much pressure to unhook. But that plus the removal of hook grabs would definitely help survivors with countering camping. Then the nerf to Reassurance wouldn't bug me nearly as much either.

    If BHVR simply did that, DBD would actually be in the best state it's ever been, in my opinion. Killers would be viably in a fair way when playing normally, but camping and tunneling wouldn't be as viable anymore, and survivors would have a better chance at winning against those strategies. And the buff to the anti-tunneling mechanic really shows that BHVR is listening, and interested in balancing this game properly.

  • Survivors can now walk out the exit gate free if they get unhooked w/ BT unless you're one of the strongest killers seems fair.

  • Finally, Solo Q might have a chance now

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147482#Comment_3147482

    Yeah. Having a positive motivation to hook all 4 survivors, and sometimes being shown a survivor’s aura when I hooked someone, meant I camped and tunneled less back then. Now I have zero positive motivation to spread hooks.

    So, you want the devs to make it even easier to find survivors after you hook or you're going to camp and tunnel.

    BBQ does EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT, but isn't worth it because they took away the bloodpoints. They just reduced the Bloodweb costs to account for that but I'm assuming that's still not good enough for you?

    And the 20 other aura and sound perks that tell you where survivors are, the glowing generators, the scratch marks, bird sounds, line of sight visual information, skill check error notifications, injured sounds, blood trails... all of that and you still demand help in finding survivors or its tunnel town.

    Sounds like a lazy, entitled killer. You want the game handed to you. You have enough help. Stop being spoiled and learn to play the game.

  • Why does this forum seem to be full of survivor mains who only want BHVR to buff survivors and killer mains who want BHVR to only buff killers? Maybe because I actually play both I can understand the arguments from both sides.

    If they increased the base BT it is because they didn't think it was long enough (which it wasn't). The new DS stun isn't long enough either, I have time to M1 with Huntress after a DS it is that pointless.

    If they add a one-time use for Reassurance, it is likely because survivors can exploit it, or they don't want people trolling survivors they don't like by keeping them on the hook forever.

    If they lower the number of pallets on new RPD it's probably because there are too many pallets on the dang map.

    This "BHVR is survivor/killer sided" is completely nonsensical and childish. They need both sides to be happy for their game to continue to be successful they just aren't omniscient superhumans.

  • Killers: buffed 10% for 0.3 seconds

    Survivors: buffed 100% for +5 seconds (and +3% haste)

    Circle of Healing: untouched

    Yup. That's how balance works.


  • @Audiophile said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147506#Comment_3147506

    So, you want the devs to make it even easier to find survivors after you hook or you're going to camp and tunnel.

    BBQ does EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT, but isn't worth it because they took away the bloodpoints. They just reduced the Bloodweb costs to account for that but I'm assuming that's still not good enough for you?

    And the 20 other aura and sound perks that tell you where survivors are, the glowing generators, the scratch marks, bird sounds, line of sight visual information, skill check error notifications, injured sounds, blood trails... all of that and you still demand help in finding survivors or its tunnel town.

    Sounds like a lazy, entitled killer. You want the game handed to you. You have enough help. Stop being spoiled and learn to play the game.

    As I’ve mentioned to other people on these forums, I don’t care about shaming or the survivor’s handbook. I play to win, if that means proxy camping when the other survivors are hiding, then I’ll do that, and people can just deal with it.

    Punishing camping isn’t addressing WHY killers tunnel, it’s just trying to discourage killers from tunneling. We were told BHVR would address WHY killers tunnel, and they haven’t done that yet.

  • @Devilishly_Rowdy said:

    So survivors rage quitting finally pays off as usual. Now they get a full on buffed version of BT as basekit. Which can pretty much guarantee an escape during endgame, if the survivor is unhooked anywhere near the exits. Go on, keep punishing killers for camping and tunneling, instead of looking into why MOST of the camping and tunneling is happening (survivor objective is much quicker than the killer's objective). So much for the kiLLeR siDeD pAtCh lol.

    What a productive post and discussion.

  • It blows my mind how some people can still unironically think the devs are survivor-sided.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147950#Comment_3147950

    As I’ve mentioned to other people on these forums, I don’t care about shaming or the survivor’s handbook. I play to win, if that means proxy camping when the other survivors are hiding, then I’ll do that, and people can just deal with it.

    Punishing camping isn’t addressing WHY killers tunnel, it’s just trying to discourage killers from tunneling. We were told BHVR would address WHY killers tunnel, and they haven’t done that yet.

    But my point is directly addressing your complaint. You said BHVR doesn’t want killers finding survivors after hooking. Your complaint is that it’s too hard to find survivors, yet there are a 100 ways to find survivors, including BBQ which is literally the exact perk you want. So exactly what causes tunnelling, other than your own laziness?

  • Alright, a 5th perk slot for survivors. Let's see how many killer players stick around after the Wesker excitement fades.

  • I already said I play to win, so I’ll tunnel if it helps me win.

    If BHVR doesn’t want killers to be able to more easily find survivors after someone is hooked, then they haven’t addressed WHY killers camp and tunnel.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    Killers also camp because BHVR doesn’t want them to know where the survivors are when a killer hooks someone. Instead of being shown a direction to go in when a survivor is hooked, killers are expected to just wander around the map and hope for the best. This is why awakened awareness just got nerfed.

    People keep talking about addressing the reasons why killers camp and tunnel, but so far we just keep adding penalties for the killer, instead of giving killers ways to make it easier to find a new survivor to chase so they will have a motivation to leave a hooked survivor.

    How about looking for them on gens...? You don't need to be shown exactly where they are to have an idea of where they might be.

  • Imo bt should be lowered to an extra 5s

    As 15s is the sweet spot imo instead of 20, 20 is a bit too long

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147382#Comment_3147382

    I mean that BBQ got nerfed to the point that it’s not worth using, pain res lost the info part, and now awakened awareness lost the lingering info part. Instead of giving killers motivation to leave a hook, they just want to keep punishing killers for camping instead.

    So are we just not going to talk about Floods of Rage? Or Darkness Revealed? Or other informational perks like Thrilling Tremors or Discordance? How about Surveillance or Call of Brine? There are plenty of perks that motivate you to leave the hook.

  • Honestly I'm just here watching the fight between the groups.

  • Kindred basekit when?

  • @katoptris said:

    Honestly I'm just here watching the fight between the groups.

    It is honestly half the fun of the DbD forums.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    Killers also camp because BHVR doesn’t want them to know where the survivors are when a killer hooks someone. Instead of being shown a direction to go in when a survivor is hooked, killers are expected to just wander around the map and hope for the best. This is why awakened awareness just got nerfed.

    People keep talking about addressing the reasons why killers camp and tunnel, but so far we just keep adding penalties for the killer, instead of giving killers ways to make it easier to find a new survivor to chase so they will have a motivation to leave a hooked survivor.

    Gee if only there were a perk that did just that. If only.. too bad.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    I already said I play to win, so I’ll tunnel if it helps me win.

    If BHVR doesn’t want killers to be able to more easily find survivors after someone is hooked, then they haven’t addressed WHY killers camp and tunnel.

    Yeah, you’re a dead end. You’re some combination of whining about BBQ changing and lazy. There’s no shortage of ways to find survivors so learn how to use them. Why killers camp and tunnel - because it’s easier than going and finding new survivors. If you expect them to ‘address’ that, good luck. That’s the inherent problem of camping and tunnelling: it’s easy. Thus human nature and the bell curve will mean most players will camp and tunnel. It won’t be resolved until they adopt the pyramid head method for all killers or something similar that makes it easier to chase other survivors.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147584#Comment_3147584

    I think a better fix for camping would have been to be able to keep the survivor alive for longer than 30 secs per person using the perk (which will most likely be only 1 per lobby if any, as it's a DLC perk and not everyone can afford a 8$ band aid fix), with the option for the survivor on hook to decline the reassurance. There. No non-consensual indefinite hook state.

    I wouldn't have minded deactivating the perk once the gates are powered as well, since it's a time where camping is completely legit in my opinion, and that way there could not be an infinite that would inconvenience the killer.

    Camping after the exit gates are powered is probably the biggest issue since that's when it is more than likely to happen. That's probably why the perk was made in the first place because so many survivors complained about camping after the exit gates were powered, that's when I get camped 100% of the time anyway.

  • @My_Aespa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147646#Comment_3147646

    Camping after the exit gates are powered is probably the biggest issue since that's when it is more than likely to happen. That's probably why the perk was made in the first place because so many survivors complained about camping after the exit gates were powered, that's when I get camped 100% of the time anyway.

    Who cares about being camped in endgame, there's nothing else for the killer to do. Having a leatherface staring at you for minutes on end with 4/5 gens left is the thing which actually sucks

  • Literally both sides are always complaining about something.

  • Borrow time isn't required anymore to survive. Now add the location hud so I can know what my team is doing.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    I bet you're one of the Pig players that crouch tunnel survivors with the trap on. Gotta get my 1k.

    That would be me with double timer plus rancor roulette build.

  • @malloymk said:

    Killers camp because it's easy and it works. It has nothing to do with gen times being too fast or looping being to strong.

    Keep telling yourself that complete and utter bullshit bud, if it makes you sleep better at night I guess.


    It has EVERYTHING to do with gen times and GOOD looping being too strong.

  • Yeah, the killers that camp and tunnel at 5 gens totally do it because the game is survivor sided.

  • I mean even if they add incentives to make killers not tunnel or camp, they still will, we have a pretty clear example of this lol.


    We need to punish camping and tunnel as well as add incentives to go for 12 hooks that make it so you won't be throwing the game. only adding incentives isnt enough.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147431#Comment_3147431

    So are we just not going to talk about Floods of Rage? Or Darkness Revealed? Or other informational perks like Thrilling Tremors or Discordance? How about Surveillance or Call of Brine? There are plenty of perks that motivate you to leave the hook.

    None of those reliably trigger when a killer hooks someone. Those perks might randomly help a killer find a survivor, but unless they go off when a killer is proxy camping, it’s not motivating the killer to leave the hook.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148246#Comment_3148246

    Who cares about being camped in endgame, there's nothing else for the killer to do. Having a leatherface staring at you for minutes on end with 4/5 gens left is the thing which actually sucks

    4/5 gens? That's pretty near endgame, and apparently a lot of survivors cared, otherwise they wouldn't have made thread after thread complaining about it. And I never said I cared about getting camped endgame, so.

  • Kindred basekit when?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147466#Comment_3147466

    BBQ isn’t worth a perk slot, now that the Bloodpoint bonus isn’t there, and it still has so much counterplay.

    This is just patently false; I wont tolerate BBQ slander here on the Dbd forums :(

  • @My_Aespa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148342#Comment_3148342

    4/5 gens? That's pretty near endgame, and apparently a lot of survivors cared, otherwise they wouldn't have made thread after thread complaining about it. And I never said I cared about getting camped endgame, so.

    No I mean 4/5 left to be done, so near the start of the game.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148424#Comment_3148424

    No I mean 4/5 left to be done, so near the start of the game.

    Oh sorry I thought you meant 4/5 gens done. Oh then yeah that sucks, I understand for the beginning of the game how frustrating that is. I still think though, the old Reassurance would've only spelled trouble for teammates who just wanna troll.

  • @malloymk said:

    Killers camp because it's easy and it works. It has nothing to do with gen times being too fast or looping being to strong.

    It has everything to do with it. Optimal teams do not allow the killer to chase everyone. You have to camp

  • To be fair better then new did get buffed

    The 6% speed increase for gens saved like 2 seconds if you instantly jumped on a gen. Losing that really didn't matter at all

    New one isn't great but it is better overal

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147291#Comment_3147291

    To be fair better then new did get buffed

    The 6% speed increase for gens saved like 2 seconds if you instantly jumped on a gen. Losing that really didn't matter at all

    New one isn't great but it is better overal

    It went from having some very small use to having literally 0 use you're better off using Leader. And that's a tragic sentence.

  • Reassurance nerfed. Doesn't help Solos because now it takes more than one survivor with the perk to even punish a camper.

    Killers can still count to 10 to tunnel.

    Camping and Tunneling will still be a huge problem as decisive strike is still useless.

    Gen times still being 90 seconds will still be an issue, especially for solos.

    Wesker buffed, as usual.

    Game being incredibly killer sided didn't change.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Reassurance nerfed. Doesn't help Solos because now it takes more than one survivor with the perk to even punish a camper.

    Killers can still count to 10 to tunnel.

    Camping and Tunneling will still be a huge problem as decisive strike is still useless.

    Gen times still being 90 seconds will still be an issue, especially for solos.

    Wesker buffed, as usual.

    Game being incredibly killer sided didn't change.

    ofc youre complaining lmao

  • @The_C12H15NO2 said:

    Alright, a 5th perk slot for survivors. Let's see how many killer players stick around after the Wesker excitement fades.

    My guess will be that my queue times will still be instant as Survivor during the whole 24 hours of a day. So the answer would be - still to many Killer players around to make the queue times bearable for Killers.

    Currently Survivor Queues are still instant in the evening, which is the case since the Midchapter Patch dropped. So it was not a short period of time like some people said. And since the Change to 10 second Endurance does not do that much (since many were running OTR anyway), I guess there will still be way too many Killers around.

    Even tho, strange why BHVR is still catering to them by nerfing Perks like Reassurance. They should realize that the people who are playing less are the Survivors.


    (Even tho, MAYBE the Matchmaking Incentives might help the Killer Queues. But if those are on Survivor all the time, it should be pretty clear that they are the only reason why Killer Queues got better)

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    Killers also camp because BHVR doesn’t want them to know where the survivors are when a killer hooks someone. Instead of being shown a direction to go in when a survivor is hooked, killers are expected to just wander around the map and hope for the best. This is why awakened awareness just got nerfed.

    People keep talking about addressing the reasons why killers camp and tunnel, but so far we just keep adding penalties for the killer, instead of giving killers ways to make it easier to find a new survivor to chase so they will have a motivation to leave a hooked survivor.

    Well, killer claimed they do it because gen times were too fast, and chases took too long.

    Then the devs reduced chase times by killer buffs and survivor nerfs, and increased gen times.

    The Result: more killer camping and tunneling, because you got the down earlier, and gen times where longer. It did the opposite of what killers said would happen.

    the true reason why killer camp and tunnel is just: the survivor might escape otherwise.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147390#Comment_3147390

    Going too far away from a hook, just because survivors —might— be at one of the generators that are spread across the entire map, is not an effective use of a killers time, and it’s certainly not a positive motivator to leave a hooked survivor.

    As the game progresses the areas to which survivors will be gets smaller and your chances increase on finding survivors. Its not that hard

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Reassurance nerfed. Doesn't help Solos because now it takes more than one survivor with the perk to even punish a camper.

    Killers can still count to 10 to tunnel.

    Camping and Tunneling will still be a huge problem as decisive strike is still useless.

    Gen times still being 90 seconds will still be an issue, especially for solos.

    Wesker buffed, as usual.

    Game being incredibly killer sided didn't change.

    I like your second point.

    You just got an improved version of a perk basekit.

    How long would you guess the "survivor main" needs the killer to count for it to be not "TUNNELER!!!!" anymore ?

1 2 3