killer queues are insanely bad

(title) i doubt even the incentive will help this just seems like people don’t wanna play survivor rn rightfully so, just sucks that queues are so long last night i ether got a really good swf or survivors with 50 hours an that really bad meaning that game is having a harder time finding people at my mmr an just throwing me babies because no one is playing

Comments

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082030#Comment_3082030

    What are the complaints then?

    1. nerfing DS and DH
    2. Gen speeds
    3. Killer speeds

    Anything else?

    These things are not game breaking. But survivors refusing to play the damn game and sabotaging everything IS.

    Camping and tunneling being more effective than before. I've seen more complaints about that that DH. Being angry about DS being nerfed is valid, not everyone has OTR and killers can tell so they know who to tunnel. I've also seen complaints about gen speed, but mostly with the new slowdown meta, such as Deadlock, Thanatophobia, Gift of Pain, Pentimento, Pain Resonance, Overcharge, Eruption and Call of Brine (Two of these perks cause permanent ruin as a bug when used in combination currently). Also, the decreased sprint burst after getting hit now is a great buff for M1 killers but it feels bad against any killer with a special attack. All of that with the severe tunneling that's been happening in my games, I can't blame my teammates for leaving or killing themselves like I did before the update.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082049#Comment_3082049

    So what about 10% slower gens and a lack of being able to artificially extend chases is so different that it's made the game "not fun"?

    The slightest inconvenience and the game is no longer worth playing?

    It's 10 seconds slow gens, which is actually 12.5% slower gens.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082049#Comment_3082049

    So what about 10% slower gens and a lack of being able to artificially extend chases is so different that it's made the game "not fun"?

    The slightest inconvenience and the game is no longer worth playing?

    It's not just 10% slower though, you know good and damn well that slowdowns can be stacked to create 3 min gens, I shouldn't have to bring a gen build every game to keep gens moving, what happened to creating perk variety? if you don't understand why 3 minute gen times are unfun then I'm sorry but the forum doesn't provide crayons to draw out why doing nothing for three entire minutes in a game that's supposed to be engaging isn't fun. It has nothing to do with dead hard or DS my only complaint is they didn't give me something different to do with that time instead of sit there. Sure we can run gen builds every single game like I've been doing and I'll admit I haven't had much trouble surviving but that doesn't mean it's fun to play that way.

  • You know it's bad when at night my survivor queues are still fast. Or when my favorite late night killer main twitch streamer is playing survivor 😬.

    Queue incentives please come back already. I would like to play more killer.

  • If survivor is fine, I will let whoever considers it's fine, play that role. I'm done being a punching ball for the fun of others.

    "BuT ThATs HoW KiLLeRs FelT BeFoRE AgAINsT SwF"


    No idea about that, I've only played solo Q.

  • @VideoGameMage said:

    You know it's bad when at night my survivor queues are still fast. Or when my favorite late night killer main twitch streamer is playing survivor 😬.

    Queue incentives please come back already. I would like to play more killer.

    good luck with that only been able to play solo and wait going to get worst.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082018#Comment_3082018

    I agree. I don't see the bp bribes incentives to have much impact after the initial phase.

    They're capped at 100% which means that they're gonna be lower than that and they're restricted by mmr brackets. So, they're too conditional to rely on them.

    And on top of that, getting double (best case) of 5-9k for a game where you either get camped to death, or hold m1 all game while someone else get camped and then you die too... well it's not gonna be worth the aggravation for most people.

    Bribes Incentives™ can make people suffer for so long, eventually theyll become frustrated and stop, WoW tried the same by giving double gold to Alliance players for having PvP on and Alliance players still didnt turn it on because they were just cannon fodder.

    Sidenote: gold in WoW can be used to buy game time and/or exchange it for paid cosmetics on the cash shop (I believe it can even be exchanged for real money on your Blizzard account to buy other games) gold in WoW is much MUCH more valuable than BPs in DBD because it has real life money value.

  • So what you are telling me is that I should start my archives on the survivor side? Lol.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    No surprise. Survivor role is awful.

    Queues for Killers have been bad since the last 3-4 years. Specially in the morning-afternoon. Has nothing to do with this patch lol stop being overdramatic over losing E.

  • I swear survivors are like Goldilocks, they don’t want to be on gens, they don’t want to be chased, they will only be a little satisfied if they can do all of the above and have a 4 man escape every game. That’s the only perfect porridge for them lol.

  • A few minutes during prime time does not equal "bad". Does that mean survivor queues have been insanely bad for years now?

  • @Tryharder said:

    I swear survivors are like Goldilocks, they don’t want to be on gens, they don’t want to be chased, they will only be a little satisfied if they can do all of the above and have a 4 man escape every game. That’s the only perfect porridge for them lol.

    I can hardly blame them. The most fun games are where you can sort of just chill and still win. I do not mind doing around one gen by myself in addition to the gen we spawn on together and having a quick chase with the killer where they either hook me and go somewhere else or give up and chase someone else.


    The games where you have to do literally 4 gens or get tunneled for 5 minutes straight are kind of cringe.

  • Lol it isn't about ds or dead hard honestly!!!!11111!!!!


    Ok?


    Go ahead and revert all the buffs and watch them still complain lmao. It is 100 percent because their crutch is gone.


    You think I care about an extra 10 percent speed after a swing? Or 10s when everyone runs prove thyself now?


    Better yet don't please don't nerf my Thana from 22 to 20 again! Nooooo

    One thing's for sure. I couldn't give a heyho what you revert baby survivors tantruming. The fact dead hard is gone and buried is all killers wanted. It shows how bad you all relied on it and have no idea what to do now other than revolt over 10 percent buffs of 0.1 second.


    However if you revert any changes, make sure and revert all the killers gen slowdown nerfs. That 10s was soooo important!!! Lmao

  • Not surprised, every game is Nurse/Blight/Legion or some anti loop killer stacking slow down with lots of tunnelling and camping.

  • yeah everyone with 2 brain cells rubbing together saw that coming. My Killer Qs are getting longer and longer. Yesterday it was 5 minutes, today 10 minutes. And we arent even 1 week into the patch. This can become a snowball effect of Solos leaving because no fun, then Killers leaving because to long Qs and then SWF leaving because not enough Killers.

  • Because the fanbase is never satisfied, once is survivor queue and now it's killer

    once TCM hits, i'm moving there, maybe even DB Breakers

  • @theboyitachi said:

    (title) i doubt even the incentive will help this just seems like people don’t wanna play survivor rn rightfully so, just sucks that queues are so long last night i ether got a really good swf or survivors with 50 hours an that really bad meaning that game is having a harder time finding people at my mmr an just throwing me babies because no one is playing

    image.png

    it´s about the same, maybe Survivors on the Easy role want to still play the Easy role.

    See how many E´s? Survivors love E.

  • @verysleepy said:

    Lol it isn't about ds or dead hard honestly!!!!11111!!!!

    Ok?

    Go ahead and revert all the buffs and watch them still complain lmao. It is 100 percent because their crutch is gone.

    You think I care about an extra 10 percent speed after a swing? Or 10s when everyone runs prove thyself now?

    Better yet don't please don't nerf my Thana from 22 to 20 again! Nooooo

    One thing's for sure. I couldn't give a heyho what you revert baby survivors tantruming. The fact dead hard is gone and buried is all killers wanted. It shows how bad you all relied on it and have no idea what to do now other than revolt over 10 percent buffs of 0.1 second.

    However if you revert any changes, make sure and revert all the killers gen slowdown nerfs. That 10s was soooo important!!! Lmao

    Tell me you don’t read without telling me you don’t read. Your post has no intelligence behind it and is completely useless to the conversation.

  • @M4dBoOmr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082018#Comment_3082018

    these are not "killers" these are frustrated survivor mains who take out all their frustration and anger with Killer on other players since bhvr has taken away their bullying tools and since they are inexperienced as killers they use cheap tactics like tunneling&camping

    Yeap. I have seen an influx of Killers only running 1 Perk which I did not see in the past. They are also terrible, so if they were trying to show off because "Killer is easy" they failed miserably, I suppose they run one perk so that if they lose their pride does not get hurt.

    Very odd.

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082039#Comment_3082039

    Nobody said they’re game breaking. People are not having fun, simple as that.

    ”But killers haven’t had fun for a while!” And that’s valid. But we don’t need to drastically swing the pendulum.

    Solo queue is notoriously bad as is, and it’s just gotten worse. That doesn’t make every complaint a boosted survivor throwing a tantrum.

    Solo queue does need to be buffed and the gap between solo and SWF needs to be closed. But i'd still argue this game still heavily favors survivors when a good SWF group is playing together on coms, the pendulum is not drastically swinging. It's only slightly gone back in the direction of the killer.

  • @VonCrow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081939#Comment_3081939

    Queues for Killers have been bad since the last 3-4 years. Specially in the morning-afternoon. Has nothing to do with this patch lol stop being overdramatic over losing E.

    Stop gaslighting people, maybe it was the case for YOU but definelty not for most in EU and NA. My Killer Q was nearly always instant for the past year until the patch dropped. Today Im sitting at 10 minutes

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082057#Comment_3082057

    It's not just 10% slower though, you know good and damn well that slowdowns can be stacked to create 3 min gens, I shouldn't have to bring a gen build every game to keep gens moving, what happened to creating perk variety? if you don't understand why 3 minute gen times are unfun then I'm sorry but the forum doesn't provide crayons to draw out why doing nothing for three entire minutes in a game that's supposed to be engaging isn't fun. It has nothing to do with dead hard or DS my only complaint is they didn't give me something different to do with that time instead of sit there. Sure we can run gen builds every single game like I've been doing and I'll admit I haven't had much trouble surviving but that doesn't mean it's fun to play that way.

    Well, you are right. I never experienced it myself, but I have seen various napkin math about it and if 3min gens are a thing, than be need some more build rules, like "only use a maximum of 2 gen regression perks" or even better, device a points system and only allow a certain allotment to any build, thus hard countering too OP builds.

    BHVR is often moving at a glacial pace, always waiting for "the date to come in", instead of acting on guts feeling and maybe later readjust when the date is finally there, but it is what it is.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082597#Comment_3082597

    Well, you are right. I never experienced it myself, but I have seen various napkin math about it and if 3min gens are a thing, than be need some more build rules, like "only use a maximum of 2 gen regression perks" or even better, device a points system and only allow a certain allotment to any build, thus hard countering too OP builds.

    BHVR is often moving at a glacial pace, always waiting for "the date to come in", instead of acting on guts feeling and maybe later readjust when the date is finally there, but it is what it is.

    It's frustrating because they took all this time and still don't have a clue about the community, they missed a real opportunity to shake the entire game up along with the meta by adding a secondary objective to coincide with the gens to get out, they took the easy way out and put us in a situation where it's gen rush or be in a 20+ minute match and forced a stale meta on the game, I'm honestly not having any trouble surviving or killing , but I'm not entertained ya know? It's one of those things where you're in a uneventful match and even if you survive you're questioning if you want to ready up again or if you'd rather play something else and actually have a engaging game that's fun win or lose.

  • @VonCrow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081939#Comment_3081939

    Queues for Killers have been bad since the last 3-4 years. Specially in the morning-afternoon. Has nothing to do with this patch lol stop being overdramatic over losing E.

    My queues for killer were instant at night, not anymore. I didn't even use DH, so you're just making stuff up. Try again.

    Edit- My survivor queues are instant any time of day (even night). The patch definitely had something to do with it.

  • @M4dBoOmr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081968#Comment_3081968

    so ...the moment Survivors Stoped being overpowered everybody stopped playing them?

    Hahahahaha, when have survivors even been overpowered? What a ridiculous statement, killers have always have the most powerful perks and advantages, you have to be joking.

    And now the game is easy mode for killers, what more do you want, permanent exposed survivors?

  • I can confirm that my killer queues are also quite bad since the update (Region: EU).

    Daytime: 5-10 minute queues. If they are shorter it was most likely due to "backfilling" because other killers before me dodged a clearly strong lobby with people with thousands of hours on their profiles so I have two options 1) queue again for another 5 to 10 minutes or 2) play against a team that is probably going to outmatch me by a lot.

    Evening time: 3-5 minute queues

    My survivor queues are almost instant any time of the day now. Before the update it used to be instant survivor queues during the day and instant killer queues in the evening for me.

  • This is intended. They wanted to make Killer more popular and they did it. In their minds, this patch is a huge success, queue times be damned.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082679#Comment_3082679

    I can hardly blame them. The most fun games are where you can sort of just chill and still win. I do not mind doing around one gen by myself in addition to the gen we spawn on together and having a quick chase with the killer where they either hook me and go somewhere else or give up and chase someone else.

    The games where you have to do literally 4 gens or get tunneled for 5 minutes straight are kind of cringe.

    This is exactly how most of my games are now. I either gen jockey 5 gens while my teammates are constantly getting g downed and get one hooked at the end or if I’m lucky they killer chases me so my teammates can not do gens(I usually max out on chase before I’m down and no gens pop)

  • @AReallyBoredHuman said:

    The killer queues have been bad for me too all times of the day in EU, but I hear they are better in NA. I can only hope that when they add the incentive back it'll work as intended.

    Was the incentive glitched? I haven't seen any yet.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081956#Comment_3081956

    Considering there is not much difference in steam chart (which of course not everything but is a fair portion of players), the chances are more people trying out killers, and which is good.

    Also in my region killer que has already reverted to 20 sec lmao

    Technically it's not they are trying out Killer now when it has been buffed but not when it was a miserable experience for Killers to understand why these changes, albeit a little over buffed/nerfed in some areas, but they won't understand why....

  • @Seraphor said:

    Survivors having a tantrum over losing DS and DH.

    As someone who never used those perks anyway, my experience has barely changed, and at least the survivor queues are decent. Working my way through the survivor tome challenges now and it's no different from before besides slightly slower gens, which is mostly due to survivors refusing to actually do them!

    I've encountered no campers, maybe the odd tunnel (on Spirit tried to tunnel me but failed), a few Thana's but no Legion or Plague yet. The patch has no drastically altered the game, it's still 99% the same as it was before, except now you can't artificially extend chases with DH for distance. Boo hoo.

    Just adjust and adapt, go back to playing normally. Fed up of other survivors ruining the game for the rest of the team, and now it's grown to a scale that it's screwing with queues and matchmaking too. Get over yourselves.

    They didnt just nerf dh and ds dude. They also gave killers increased gen time, faster cooldowns on m1 and pallet breaks, faster activation of bloodlust, and decreased distance for survivors after being hit. Killer is literal easy mode now.

  • Screenshot_20220722-175612_Twitter.jpg

    It got removed after a day and hasn't been added back.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081963#Comment_3081963

    I think this patch is actually great and puts the fear back into the killer role, BUT that so many killers decide to still camp and tunnel hurts me personally.

    Please BHVR, give us some reason to leave the hool, without shooting us in the foot in cases the game is going south. I offered numerous solutions to this problem, just give one of them a though or try something of your own accord, but DO something. Anything would be better then letting the hate fester.

    Well this patch unfortunately also ecouraged to tunnel and camp. Ds nerf makes tunneling much more viable and increased gen times make it worth to stay at hook. Before at least BBQ and pop encouraged to leave the hook.

  • Oh no. You’ll have to wait longer for your easy game of free bloodpoints. Boo f Hoo.

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082039#Comment_3082039

    Nobody said they’re game breaking. People are not having fun, simple as that.

    ”But killers haven’t had fun for a while!” And that’s valid. But we don’t need to drastically swing the pendulum.

    Solo queue is notoriously bad as is, and it’s just gotten worse. That doesn’t make every complaint a boosted survivor throwing a tantrum.

    By that logic SoloQ have NEVER been fun except when the survivor role was seriously broken in 2016. Idk how killers don’t recognize the hypocrisy

  • @TheLastHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336374/killer-queues-are-insanely-bad

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XFK6MGGJ57VE/image.png

    it´s about the same, maybe Survivors on the Easy role want to still play the Easy role.

    See how many E´s? Survivors love E.

    I see a decline idk what you see

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082657#Comment_3082657

    My queues for killer were instant at night, not anymore. I didn't even use DH, so you're just making stuff up. Try again.

    Edit- My survivor queues are instant any time of day (even night). The patch definitely had something to do with it.

    I said queues for killers have been bad always in the morning-afternoon, not during the night. You should read before you quote someone.

  • @CodeDB said:

    I don't know if its people temporarily/permanently trying out killer, survivor only players leaving, or MMR being funky but something is definitely up.

    If I'm playing alone, I play the queue that gets me in to games quicker. I also generally play in the evening (North America). This means I almost never touched solo survivor (minus a few times I had off work and played mid-day). After this update though? The past two nights of killer queues have been so brutal that I have had to solo survivor it up.

    And to top it off, the BP rewards just don't feel worth it most matches. The fact the incentives were kill switched instead of just turning the weekend in to a bloodhunt to make up for it feels terrible.

    me and alot of my friends have left after update, not sure if we are coming back

  • @Audiophile said:

    Oh no. You’ll have to wait longer for your easy game of free bloodpoints. Boo f Hoo.

    I don't think that's the whole reason why people are frustrated with the longer killer queue times.

    First of all, people who were killer mains before the update will probably still like to play their usual role and are suffering from extra queue times. Not everyone likes to play survivor.

    I personally liked to play Survivor in the day time and Killer in the evening time because I enjoy both roles and like the variety it brings. On top of that there are daily rituals and archive challenges that are killer-only.

    Also, Bhvr clearly does not want long queue times for their players, otherwise the matchmaking incentives wouldn't have been killswitched due to long queue times that occured as a result.

  • The killer queue really is long, and I'm not going to wait 15+ minutes to get in a match.


    @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082039#Comment_3082039

    Nobody said they’re game breaking. People are not having fun, simple as that.

    ”But killers haven’t had fun for a while!” And that’s valid. But we don’t need to drastically swing the pendulum.

    Solo queue is notoriously bad as is, and it’s just gotten worse. That doesn’t make every complaint a boosted survivor throwing a tantrum.

    Before this update, I actually had a lot of fun as killer. 95% of the games were really enjoyable. SoloQ however was a 50-50 then and it's worse now.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    I predicted that. That's what happens when one side is spoon-fed and the other side is over-nerfed. The fun things nerfed and removed, and leaving everything and buffing everything for killers.

    I know you're a troll man but the irony in that post is really sickening.

  • Right? Here in EU killer ques used to be really fast during nighttime. But now they're awful even then. I just wanna game man xd

  • @theboyitachi said:

    (title) i doubt even the incentive will help this just seems like people don’t wanna play survivor rn rightfully so, just sucks that queues are so long last night i ether got a really good swf or survivors with 50 hours an that really bad meaning that game is having a harder time finding people at my mmr an just throwing me babies because no one is playing

    I can’t speak for everyone but I personally would be willing to play if the reward was actually worthwhile. As it is I haven’t played since since the incentive got shut off. I’ve only logged in for the free bps. Solo queue was always the hardest role. Now they made it even harder AND are giving you half the reward you got with WGLF. Waste of time and not worth it at all. I’m not going to go playing a 20 minute legion game for only 20k bps.

  • they just removed the little bit of fun factor survivor had. and it hurts the game tremendously. this is gonna cost them dearly

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082057#Comment_3082057

    That isn’t the full picture. On paper, sure, those are slight inconveniences. But solo queue deals with the double edged sword of “do I bring perks that will help me counter the killer? Or do I bring perks that offset terrible teammates?” Hence why solo queue did have “crutch perks”

    The result is a lot of people feeling the cards are immeasurably stacked against them. And who wants to play a game like that in their free time? Most of us aren’t entitled, boosted bullies. Most of us just want to feel we have a chance to play the game, and that’s simply not the case for most (not all) right now.

    Well blame swfs, not Killer mains. Swf's have ruined the "balance" since it's inception.

    @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082076#Comment_3082076

    Bribes Incentives™ can make people suffer for so long, eventually theyll become frustrated and stop, WoW tried the same by giving double gold to Alliance players for having PvP on and Alliance players still didnt turn it on because they were just cannon fodder.

    Sidenote: gold in WoW can be used to buy game time and/or exchange it for paid cosmetics on the cash shop (I believe it can even be exchanged for real money on your Blizzard account to buy other games) gold in WoW is much MUCH more valuable than BPs in DBD because it has real life money value.

    Arena ruined WoW, not world pvp. Actually Belf's and their racials did really, ergo arena. Making some talents pvp only did a little to fix it, but 10? Years of belf racials screwed the faction balance.

  • I don't get it. My queues have been fine since yesterday, both with my "low MMR" and my "high MMR" killers.

    I had many games last night.

  • I did have very bad games as SOLO-Q survivor so I switched to play killers. From Main Survivor i switched to play only killers.

    Today I tried to play survivor again, 1st game nurse - my teamate did DC after he was knocked down , second game Oni - i was hard tunneled. I switched to killers again. I was only survivor main, but since patch I was having too many bad games playing SOLO-Q, so I switched to play killers.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082008#Comment_3082008

    My experience is not nonsense.

    Gens are 10% slower. Ten measly percent, and yet you're all refusing to repair them and screwing over the rest of the team, or evidently just refusing to play the game at all. It's petty, entitled and childish.

    "B-b-b-but Thanataphobia!" was buffed by TWO PERCENT.

    "Killers using slowdown!" All of which besides Thana and Overcharge were nerfed.


    Those two changes affect each other y'know, ever heard of scaling? lol With gen speeds being increased slow down gets more value, it's not hard to understand.


    So your experience is nonsense, because I for one like the new DH lol I just hate slowdown.

1 2 3