Iron Will finally has a counterplay

I'm also a survivor main and this change is nice.Because old Iron Will don't have counterplay.If you're playing Spirit you're trying to find someone you can't see or hear. That's disgusting

But now it has a counterplay and no free escape. Thanks BHVR

Comments

  • It does not really have counterplay. It just got dumped into being pointless. I would not call this counterplay.

  • The counterplay is that nobody will use it anymore. :^)

  • It's funny how you claim in your posts to be a "survivor main" but then have the weirdest takes...

    First you say survivor will be OP with genrush, now that iron will has counter play and wont be a free escape. Yea, it's looking kinda sus ngl.

    @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330406/iron-will-finally-has-a-counterplay

    It's always had counter play. The issue with it. Is it is bugged. The bug is what makes it unbearable

    That's the only thing it needed, so survivor still had breathing sounds when using iron will. Hell, they could even make breathing louder when they're running for all i care. But no, they completely butchered it.

  • They literally buffed every killer perk they reworked all the perks for survivor are pointless reworks and nerfs except the gen rushing ones. OTR is pointless because when you get hit the killer will be right on you again. BT is pointless for the same reason.

  • It needed some change to not gut Spirit the way it does but it's current PTB version is dead. No one will run IW anymore, it's terrible. Too heavy handed.

  • template-steve-buscemi-879-0c6db91aec9c.jpeg

    Howdy fellow Survivor mains, Im a Survivor main myself and I believe if we all spawmed already on hooks it would finally bring the game to the sweet balancing spot that its in so dire need, Im sure we can all make compromises here.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330406/iron-will-finally-has-a-counterplay

    It's always had counter play. The issue with it. Is it is bugged. The bug is what makes it unbearable

    Yeah - someone being completely silent in a corner/crevice off the killer's patrol is unbearable, I agree - it's not a skillful/fun evasion/interaction as you're effectively non existent without LoS.

    I'm wondering why these sound issues still persist - it would be nice to see how the perk should be working prior to changing it.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020777#Comment_3020777

    Yeah - someone being completely silent in a corner/crevice off the killer's patrol is unbearable, I agree - it's not a skillful/fun evasion/interaction as you're effectively non existent without LoS.

    I'm wondering why these sound issues still persist - it would be nice to see how the perk should be working prior to changing it.

    They are probably ingrained so badly into the code they cant rid of them without rewriting it, because downed with no sounds still happens and its been 6 years, sure its way less common but its still there and I experience it from time to time.

  • @aryola03 said:

    I'm also a survivor main and this change is nice.Because old Iron Will don't have counterplay.If you're playing Spirit you're trying to find someone you can't see or hear. That's disgusting

    But now it has a counterplay and no free escape. Thanks BHVR

    You’re not fooling me killer main. Typical, “im a survivor main” lmao iron will nerf is incredibly bad (talking about the “deactivated when exhausted part, not the 75% reduction that part is good) there’s no way this perk is any useful

  • I will still stick by this, iron will was ONLY good because sounds in dbd just don't work. If they had more grass around iron will wouldn't do anything as I would hear something rustling in the grass and if they left the loop there's just no footstep audio of them leaving the loop.

  • I love how they nerf Iron Will right after Spirit and I broke up.

  • @Tatt3dWon said:

    They literally buffed every killer perk they reworked all the perks for survivor are pointless reworks and nerfs except the gen rushing ones. OTR is pointless because when you get hit the killer will be right on you again. BT is pointless for the same reason.

    Yeah. The Ruin/Corrupt/PGTW/PaineRes buffs are really going to tear up the PTB.

    You are better than this, Sir/Madam!

    You're just losing hope, but I guarantee it will not be as bad as you think.

    I believe in you!

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0J8KOWNOLWP0/template-steve-buscemi-879-0c6db91aec9c.jpeg

    Howdy fellow Survivor mains, Im a Survivor main myself and I believe if we all spawmed already on hooks it would finally bring the game to the sweet balancing spot that its in so dire need, Im sure we can all make compromises here.

    I don't really like this rhetoric...but damn....I had to upvote as a fellow Music/Band fan!

  • @aryola03 said:

    I'm also a survivor main and this change is nice.Because old Iron Will don't have counterplay.If you're playing Spirit you're trying to find someone you can't see or hear. That's disgusting

    But now it has a counterplay and no free escape. Thanks BHVR

    Iron Will has finally counterplay, and thats why people hate it and say "it got ruined" or "its completely useless now" or even "100% or zero value".

    Thats what happens with crutches: people get used to them so much that they can't see the forest for the trees anymore and become blind to how impactful that thing is and how much it hinders a fun game.

    NGL, I lost a few quite cool chases, just because I couldn't hear the survivor after I hit them. And then I would tunnel or camp the one THAT I found. Making the game less frustrationg for the killer will improve it for everyone in the long run. And yeah, I am not saying that the survivors shouldn't be allowed clever plays or that they should just roll over and let them be killed, but with 100% sound reduction, a lot of those clever plays weren't actually that clever, they were just mechanical superior.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020804#Comment_3020804

    Yeah. The Ruin/Corrupt/PGTW/PaineRes buffs are really going to tear up the PTB.

    You are better than this, Sir/Madam!

    You're just losing hope, but I guarantee it will not be as bad as you think.

    I believe in you!

    corrupt was never a problem to begin with it works exactly the same ruin still regresses gens until someone dies when someone dies if its still 5 gens games usually over pop is still good if the gen has progress pain res is like the only true nerf now go on to the non meta perks that they buffed to the moon and tell me which ones didn't get better and like I said only perks that are good for survivors now are the gen rush ones. What survivor perk would you run that they "buffed"?

  • @GannTM said:

    I love how they nerf Iron Will right after Spirit and I broke up.

    Time to get back together?

  • @Gylfie said:

    The counterplay is that nobody will use it anymore. :^)

    This. Right here. I didn't always run Iron Will, but on occasion it was fun. RIP.

  • Its one of those perks that is bad game design. I say this because it either needs to mute sounds 100% or it is a pointless perk

  • @Tatt3dWon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020847#Comment_3020847

    corrupt was never a problem to begin with it works exactly the same ruin still regresses gens until someone dies when someone dies if its still 5 gens games usually over pop is still good if the gen has progress pain res is like the only true nerf now go on to the non meta perks that they buffed to the moon and tell me which ones didn't get better and like I said only perks that are good for survivors now are the gen rush ones. What survivor perk would you run that they "buffed"?

    I can still get 2-3 hooks with minimal gen progression with Corrupt? Oh wait....

    Ruin still regresses gens? Yeah, at 1/2 it's current speed and is now literally the only Hex perk that deactivates for progressing your objective....quite possibly when you need/want to defend a 3 gen.

    To answer your question, I'll be running Self-Care/Botany/Overcome(more enticing than ever due to hit speed nerf)/Off The Record on the PTB, most likely.

  • @GannTM said:

    I love how they nerf Iron Will right after Spirit and I broke up.

    Comeback szn

  • NGL, I thought all of the perk balance changes were pretty fair aside from Iron Will. This one was a little overkill. I can’t see anyone using it anymore.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020867#Comment_3020867

    I can still get 2-3 hooks with minimal gen progression with Corrupt? Oh wait....

    Ruin still regresses gens? Yeah, at 1/2 it's current speed and is now literally the only Hex perk that deactivates for progressing your objective....quite possibly when you need/want to defend a 3 gen.

    To answer your question, I'll be running Self-Care/Botany/Overcome(more enticing than ever due to hit speed nerf)/Off The Record on the PTB, most likely.

    Overcome is a good one botany and self care have always been useless and otr is basically ds but without getting downed and wont do much you could just bring bottled time if you needed otr. Yea I mean your only using one useful perk. But the sad thing is you have to use a perk just to have the same distance as the game has now before the update.

  • I don't use it in my builds so I'm not the best to talk about it but in solo Q it's kinda good if less people stay injured, healing meta will continue with coh, medkits, maybe selfcare and botany

  • I think if you are crouched and still (like putting something in your mouth to prevent sound like the picture) it should be 100% silent. This is not a practical thing to do but it would still be useful sometimes. Should also work while healing or being healed.

    Running around, doing gens or anything other then focusing that iron will? You are making some noise,

  • @Tatt3dWon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020906#Comment_3020906

    Overcome is a good one botany and self care have always been useless and otr is basically ds but without getting downed and wont do much you could just bring bottled time if you needed otr. Yea I mean your only using one useful perk. But the sad thing is you have to use a perk just to have the same distance as the game has now before the update.

    I mean no disrespect, but your opinion of that build says a lot.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It does not really have counterplay. It just got dumped into being pointless. I would not call this counterplay.

    Deathslinger moment.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020929#Comment_3020929

    I mean no disrespect, but your opinion of that build says a lot.

    It says i like looping and not running away healing up running away healing up if you were going to run that just bring a med kit instead your using 2 perks just to get the current self healing and making otr go away if you heal. If thats how you like to play get hit and hide thats cool but not my type of game i like to play.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330406/iron-will-finally-has-a-counterplay

    Iron Will has finally counterplay, and thats why people hate it and say "it got ruined" or "its completely useless now" or even "100% or zero value".

    Thats what happens with crutches: people get used to them so much that they can't see the forest for the trees anymore and become blind to how impactful that thing is and how much it hinders a fun game.

    NGL, I lost a few quite cool chases, just because I couldn't hear the survivor after I hit them. And then I would tunnel or camp the one THAT I found. Making the game less frustrationg for the killer will improve it for everyone in the long run. And yeah, I am not saying that the survivors shouldn't be allowed clever plays or that they should just roll over and let them be killed, but with 100% sound reduction, a lot of those clever plays weren't actually that clever, they were just mechanical superior.

    The thing is, the game losses some options. I run iron will, because i dont like looping. instead of running in circles, i used line-of-sight-breakers to juke the killer. Often it was only possible after you either stun the killer (not possible if all pallets already got used up by your teammates) or you got hit. But now, there is no point in it, because he can still hear you. So ending a chase using stealth is no longer an option, and i basicly have to run in circles to extend the chase time, then run to the next loop. It just streamlines the game into a form where you basicly got the same match every match. We will see how this works out. (or not, the day stealth is no option anymore other than hidding when you hear a heartbeat i might very well quit).

    there are several nerfs/reworks i dont agree with, but most, i dont care. Self Care, Iron will and Ruin and Tinkerer are the ones i dont agree with.

  • it had counterplay to begin with

    it's called "Looking for Blood and Scratch Marks", hell if you really wanted to counter IW you just needed to equip Bloodhound

    I don't mind the change to IW personally, but saying it has "no counterplay" is rather disingenuous

  • I'm pretty sure survivors were never intended to be completely silent in chase.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020862#Comment_3020862

    The thing is, the game losses some options. I run iron will, because i dont like looping. instead of running in circles, i used line-of-sight-breakers to juke the killer. Often it was only possible after you either stun the killer (not possible if all pallets already got used up by your teammates) or you got hit. But now, there is no point in it, because he can still hear you. So ending a chase using stealth is no longer an option, and i basicly have to run in circles to extend the chase time, then run to the next loop. It just streamlines the game into a form where you basicly got the same match every match. We will see how this works out. (or not, the day stealth is no option anymore other than hidding when you hear a heartbeat i might very well quit).

    there are several nerfs/reworks i dont agree with, but most, i dont care. Self Care, Iron will and Ruin and Tinkerer are the ones i dont agree with.

    I got the feeling that people are overexaggerating the matter. Yeah, some players are really good and have sharp ears. I have not. And IW totally guts any chance I have to find a survivor that escaped my clutches. I lost so many sure downs to embarressing loss of sights and then PUFF, it is as if the survivor never ever existed.

  • Thanks God!

    I never understood why Behaviour have so much effort with actors voicing survivors, but 1 perk alone erases all that effort.

  • Iron Will nerf is great, I can finally play Spirit again. YAY!

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It does not really have counterplay. It just got dumped into being pointless. I would not call this counterplay.

    Kinda like all of those previous killer nerfs that you endorse.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020778#Comment_3020778

    Kinda like all of those previous killer nerfs that you endorse.

    No Killer has been nerfed to a point that they are unuseable, which happened with Iron Will.

    Even Deathslinger, who got hit the hardest, is still not that bad.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021228#Comment_3021228

    No Killer has been nerfed to a point that they are unuseable, which happened with Iron Will.

    Even Deathslinger, who got hit the hardest, is still not that bad.

    Deathslinger is awful and a perfect example of what not to do. I get probably 1 Deathslinger every 30 matches as survivor. People will choose what works. You can’t argue against a low pick rate, that’s the reality

  • Iron will was very interesting because it opened more options. Now iw is dead

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021228#Comment_3021228

    No Killer has been nerfed to a point that they are unuseable, which happened with Iron Will.

    Even Deathslinger, who got hit the hardest, is still not that bad.

    If slinger is not that bad then so is iron will, both of them have been relegated to the other side being able to counter all of their aspects, why is one good and the other one bad?

  • @squbax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021248#Comment_3021248

    If slinger is not that bad then so is iron will, both of them have been relegated to the other side being able to counter all of their aspects, why is one good and the other one bad?

    They're both bad and crap nerfs that no one asked for and they overkilled them

  • @squbax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021248#Comment_3021248

    If slinger is not that bad then so is iron will, both of them have been relegated to the other side being able to counter all of their aspects, why is one good and the other one bad?

    You can still play Deathslinger. He is still solid, he is far from being the worst Killer. Granted, the Devs went a bit overboard with the Nerfs, but he is not useless to play like Iron Will. Iron Will is all or nothing. And with 75% it is nothing.

  • Jeff main disagrees with this a lot.

    Just exhaustion nerf would be enough as a trade for using it. If they also nerf % then it's useless.

    Time for everyone to play Ace, who has Iron will basically default.

  • What is the counterplay? The fact it no longer has a use?

    The exhaustion would be fine but now killers will still hear?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    IW was always kind of dumb. A perk shouldn't simple remove an entire game mechanic. Imagine a killer perk that completely removes the red stain, that's what going against Iron Will feels like.

    The fact it lost it synergy with exhaustion perks is also good. It's supposed to be a stealth perk, but the current version is actually stronger to use in chase.

    Wouldn't it be more like if killers lost their terror radius since both are auditory?

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0J8KOWNOLWP0/template-steve-buscemi-879-0c6db91aec9c.jpeg

    Howdy fellow Survivor mains, Im a Survivor main myself and I believe if we all spawmed already on hooks it would finally bring the game to the sweet balancing spot that its in so dire need, Im sure we can all make compromises here.

    Lol! Love this.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330406/iron-will-finally-has-a-counterplay

    Iron Will has finally counterplay, and thats why people hate it and say "it got ruined" or "its completely useless now" or even "100% or zero value".

    Thats what happens with crutches: people get used to them so much that they can't see the forest for the trees anymore and become blind to how impactful that thing is and how much it hinders a fun game.

    NGL, I lost a few quite cool chases, just because I couldn't hear the survivor after I hit them. And then I would tunnel or camp the one THAT I found. Making the game less frustrationg for the killer will improve it for everyone in the long run. And yeah, I am not saying that the survivors shouldn't be allowed clever plays or that they should just roll over and let them be killed, but with 100% sound reduction, a lot of those clever plays weren't actually that clever, they were just mechanical superior.

    Making the game less frustrating for one player, but more frustrating for the other 4 is not going to improve it for everyone. It’s actually making it more frustrating for 4 other players, because killers won’t change their play style just because the game is easier for them, and on t op of that survivor perks just got worse.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021379#Comment_3021379

    The TR is not used in chase though. The problem with IW is that footsteps in chase are next to impossible to hear due to the loud music, and having grunts of pain removed like that heavily compromises the killer. When a survivor with current IW breaks LoS it's borderline impossible to know which direction he's running to.

    If he's running, shouldn't there be scratch marks?

  • Sure I guess? These changes are just gonna make it into a perk no one uses

  • @Megmain80 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020862#Comment_3020862

    Making the game less frustrating for one player, but more frustrating for the other 4 is not going to improve it for everyone. It’s actually making it more frustrating for 4 other players, because killers won’t change their play style just because the game is easier for them, and on t op of that survivor perks just got worse.

    Considering how this game was notorious for how frustrating playing the killer is, it will surely be balanced out.

  • @Slowpeach said:

    I think if you are crouched and still (like putting something in your mouth to prevent sound like the picture) it should be 100% silent. This is not a practical thing to do but it would still be useful sometimes. Should also work while healing or being healed.

    Running around, doing gens or anything other then focusing that iron will? You are making some noise,

    I like this idea a lot for a proper Iron Will nerf. Make it 100% when crouched or in a locker and 75% otherwise. Still has actual stealth applications but is less of a gamechanger in chase and a no-brainer pick.

‹ 1 2