Use. Your. Anniversary. Cakes. This. Year. Please.

https://youtu.be/ZxS3KZGk1oI

Please

Last year was horrible with all the people who just hoarded the cakes. Fun fact but if you use your cakes you can get more anniversary items and more cakes :D

Comments

  • I will since I asked my friends to join me during the event (the literal only time they come back to play the game anymore lulz)

  • @Laluzi said:

    In fairness, I remember not getting nearly enough cakes on my survivor bloodwebs. I had cakes to spare on killers, but as survivor, I genuinely couldn't pull a cake every match.

    If I can recall weren't drop rates bugged on survivor I remember getting absolutely no year 5 cakes

  • @Sludge said:

    Exactly, every event is a complete ######### show for everyone except toxic SWFs

    I´ve played 3rd 4th and 5th event, My first event was awesome, I got like 7-8 killers at P3 with all perks, but year after year, it turned into a f* sh* becase only SWF squads get benefits from cakes, they are the only ones with the tools to get max BP on a game and abuse cakes.

    Now imagine tomorrow, with MMR on, you get your main and face squads 24/7, two choices:

    • Making a Sandwich or taking some fresh air(You know what I mean)
    • Get Bullied game after game for maybe 60k Bp.
  • Okay but if I use it on killer you had better not gen rush and leave in 2 minutes.

  • So much negativity in this post! Cheer up!

  • @Pepsidot said:

    So much negativity in this post! Cheer up!

    Ok, think about this:

    Tomorrow Imagine that you are main killer (I don´t know, maybe you are) and you want to play, for example, Pig. Its event, a lot of survivors are on coms with their friends, you get one of this Squads, 4 Dead Hards + 4 DS + 4 Unbreakables + 1 COH + 1 BT + 1 Sabotage + 1 Boil Over (Classic Premade).

    They rush you, lets say in 5-6 mins and you can manage to Make maybe 6 hooks (I am being generous and thinking that you can abuse SWF altruism). If everyone dropped a cake you will get with luck .... 50-60k BP, something you can earn a normal day dodging this kind of players or having a several stomach problem just in the moment you start the game against that swf (Wink, Wink)

    Are you going to drop cakes for being stomped and give free BP to that group of people abusing you? I dont know you, but not in my case, I will take the BP and move on, farm some cakes and keep it for me.

    Unless you are playing on SWF, dropping cakes is a waste of time and bloodpoints during events. Killers are going to suffer for a low reward and SoloQ players will suffer more than killer for even less rewards, so sorry, But IMo is not worth to drop cakes.

  • How about... NO

  • @WeenieDog said:

    No one is worth my cakes. Not even me.

    I felt this

  • Cakes, Blood rush and the upcoming overhauled prestige system will just lessen by a really smol amount the grind this game has. It seems like a huge amount but if you think about how 1m BP doesn't even bring 1 Character from Level 1 to Level 50 it's just awful und demotivating. So those people who hoard those kind of offerings just want the illusion they lessened the grind. Don't hate the player hate the game.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000082#Comment_3000082

    Both extremes just feed into each other. Survivors gen rush because they're worried they'll get camped or tunnelled and won't get bp value from their cakes, while killers feel inclined to camp or tunnel because the gens are flying so fast and they're worried they won't get any bp value from their cakes.

    The double bp event was painful a couple weeks ago with every survivor having Prove Thyself and every killer decked out with aura reading perks. This event will probably be the same.

    yep, it will be painful.

  • Absolutely not, I'm not giving Nurse mains a single more extra BP than absolutely necessary.

  • I do tend to use them, but only when I've stock piled them as survivor. In previous years the cakes were really rare in the bloodweb and as a solo q, sometimes I'd be the only one in the lobby burning them and absolutely get tunneled out of the match. lol

  • @scenekiller said:

    With all of the facecamping and tunneling out my solo q games have had all year? Absolutely not.

    What magical time are you waiting for where this will not be the case?

  • This was especially infuriating when Moris were available after first hook, it was one of the main reasons I stopped burning BPS and anniversary cakes as Survivor.

  • I'm almost affraid to bring a cake because when I do, the survivors will finish the gens in roughly 3 minutes, teabag me in the gates before escaping with 10k BP each and then proceed spending the extra BP on their next Brand New Parts so they can repeat this very engaging gameplay in the next game.

  • I will never understand to be honest. Once I realized that BP offerings don't only turn a great BP game into a fantastic BP game, but they also turn a meh (think like 10-14k) BP game into a decent or better BP game depending on the amount of them, I no longer really cared about maximizing points while using such offerings. No matter what, I'm getting at least double BP gain efficiency, while some weirdomax people go out of their way to play more "anti-BP gain" the more cakes they see the majority of the time the match would've gone the same way no matter if there's 0 cakes or 5 cakes anyway, with the exception of a lot of cakes increasing the odds of straight up farming being initiated.

  • I'll save them. Eventually, there will come a time when I'll need a lot of bps fast and since we can't stockpile bps, it's pointless to burn cakes now when I know I'll need them later

  • If I am playing with friends and guarantee a replacement? Yeah, definitely. If I am playing killer and basically just have to fart once during the game to get a replacement cake? Sure. If I am playing solo survivor with the risk of being facecamped and getting 500% of 5k and not even being able to replace that cake with a new one? No thanks, I rather save it for when I play with friends.

  • @oxygen said:

    I will never understand to be honest. Once I realized that BP offerings don't only turn a great BP game into a fantastic BP game, but they also turn a meh (think like 10-14k) BP game into a decent or better BP game depending on the amount of them, I no longer really cared about maximizing points while using such offerings. No matter what, I'm getting at least double BP gain efficiency, while some weirdomax people go out of their way to play more "anti-BP gain" the more cakes they see the majority of the time the match would've gone the same way no matter if there's 0 cakes or 5 cakes anyway, with the exception of a lot of cakes increasing the odds of straight up farming being initiated.

    The way I see it its not about my BP gains which for me mean little, I have the characters I want maxed out right now Im putting BPs on Killers I unlocked with shards because they were laying around and I didnt have their useless perks, its about not giving a BP increase to someone who will behave like a [insert bad word here] out of spite because thats how most games go during events, especially when they see BPS or cakes.

    I would burn every single aniversary BP offering if it only affected my side, either as Killer or Survivor but burning a 106% BP increase only for some chumps to suicide on first hook or DC to screw the offering or some animal to facecamp because "lol they wasted their offerings while Ill benefit from them tee-hee"... nah, as I said, Id rather destroy them than giving trolls bigger reasons to troll.

    Burned once, twice shy.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    No.

    Because every time I do everyone else just runs Escape Cake or smth or I get tunneled out of the game instantly :|

    Me and my friends call this "The Curse of The Bloody Party Streamers". If a survivor brings BPS they will be the first to be found and tunneled/camped out of the game immediately. That player will not get more than 5k BP in the round.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Wait... people seriously withhold their cakes because they don't want other people to get bonus bp? Bitterness levels overloading

    Doesn't this happen every third time a killer can get a 4K? Lots of slugs on the ground, all hooks in the vicinity taken, but the last survivor struggles, until the killer drops them and everyone got to waste 4min till the bleedout timer runs out. When the game is over, I don't hide or struggle, just hook me or give me hatch, but I don't want to waste everyones time like that. You can argue "hur dur I will always fight to the last. And I have won so many clutch games by this!!!111", but my claim still stands that this is just bitterly denying the killer their 4k and trying to spoil it the last second. Especially if you just crawl into a corner and bleed out.

    And the same mindset sometimes leads people down the road you see here ^^ "No cake for you, you undeserving ****"

  • @scenekiller said:

    With all of the facecamping and tunneling out my solo q games have had all year? Absolutely not.

    I agree and with all the standing around at the exit gates wasting my time i won't be either.

    I'll also be on Holiday for 25 days in India so i'll miss out but that's besides the point.

  • Nah. I’d rather save them for a new chapter I like. Still have 96 of last year’s ones on Jane

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000010#Comment_3000010

    I agree and with all the standing around at the exit gates wasting my time i won't be either.

    I'll also be on Holiday for 25 days in India so i'll miss out but that's besides the point.

    I would have to assume that this event will actually encourage survivors to just leave. Thats the best way to maximize bloodpoint gains

  • There's no point in stacking your cakes up if you're not going to use them. Just be cordial an use them.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000010#Comment_3000010

    What magical time are you waiting for where this will not be the case?

    I'll wait as long as I need to. Or if my friends ever decide to hop back on and SWF.

    I've been mostly solo since mid 2019, it was never as bad as it's been this year.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Wait... people seriously withhold their cakes because they don't want other people to get bonus bp? Bitterness levels overloading

    Are you new to these events? They're easily the worst games of the year. I won't play during them anymore. I sure as hell wouldn't burn a cake if I did.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3001870#Comment_3001870

    I don't find the games to be any different as a killer player. I just think it's an overreaction for people to deprive themselves of bonus bloodpoints just so other people don't get them. I don't know why they would care so much.

    To each their own I guess.

  • No I’m gonna hoard them and keep them as collections. 😉

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    Not gonna lie, I am not a hoarder. I actually despise inventory management in games, coming from Ultima Online where we had a bank system where you had to put items in chest storage that maxed out and you had to buy a second account to hold more junk.

    I love DBD becuse items are disposable, and not gonna lie, when I p3ed some survs this year I had all that old Halloween toolboxes/Halloween flashlights and it felt great to click "Prestige" and delete all of it.

    hate game clutter, burn the cakes

    Idk how Ultima online was but final fantasy 11 was and still is inventory nightmare a example would be for a pld you would need a 50 dt set a 50 mdt set 2 to 3 weapons skill sets a enmity set then possible cure potency set o.o yay macros.

  • Screenshot 2022-06-16 115740.png

    Just a friendly reminder that this is your reward for using your cakes. USE THEM!


    I hope DBD Devs choose to make them expire so that people will stop being annoying about it.

  • LMAO. Flan is already disabled. I hope just because of a coding error and it not giving the proper blood points and not due to toxicity. ^^

  • 5 stacks of flan. got camped to death and got a grand total of 15k BP...

    I will no longer be using any flans this event unless I play killer

  • Yes we get more cakes if people use them! But people saving them for new chapters and stuff is ok though, since they get played. Most sad are people sitting on 100+ cakes and then quits the game.

  • @DBD78 said:

    Yes we get more cakes if people use them! But people saving them for new chapters and stuff is ok though, since they get played. Most sad are people sitting on 100+ cakes and then quits the game.

    *Killers get more cakes if people use them.

    If youre tunneled out at 5gens youre not going to be buying more cakes

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    5 stacks of flan. got camped to death and got a grand total of 15k BP...

    I will no longer be using any flans this event unless I play killer

    You will most likely get a buttload of cakes. One downfall or even multiple shouldn't stop you from using them anymore. You'll still have an abundance of them when the event it over.

  • @Jaxton2000 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZHZTWN4PJDBA/screenshot-2022-06-16-115740.png

    Just a friendly reminder that this is your reward for using your cakes. USE THEM!

    I hope DBD Devs choose to make them expire so that people will stop being annoying about it.

    What a stupid idea.

    One word comes in mind when I read your reply: Entitlement.

  • @DH3206 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3001950#Comment_3001950

    What a stupid idea.

    One word comes in mind when I read your reply: Entitlement.

    And what, you keep the cake for keeps sake when you have the masks, flashlight toolboxes etc. to keep for keepsake? The cakes for points is for everyone not just yourself, it isn't a personal offering. I wouldn't be the entitled one here now would I?

  • @Jaxton2000 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZHZTWN4PJDBA/screenshot-2022-06-16-115740.png

    Just a friendly reminder that this is your reward for using your cakes. USE THEM!

    I hope DBD Devs choose to make them expire so that people will stop being annoying about it.

    The community hasnt earned a single cake/flan/BPS from me, I refuse to burn them only for people to camp, tunnel, DC and suicide on first hook which is what a lot of people decide to do during events.

    That being said, if people burn them I wont do any of that, normal gameplay so they can earn their extra BPs.

  • @HungrySnek said:

    https://youtu.be/ZxS3KZGk1oI

    Please

    Last year was horrible with all the people who just hoarded the cakes. Fun fact but if you use your cakes you can get more anniversary items and more cakes :D

    I would but everyone is playing like a AHOLE so il just go into games with map offerings or solo cakes ! Mean I no but gosh events take the fun out of everything !!

  • DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping_5lI6gFFhpQ.png

    There's always that one guy

  • I use and WILL use as killer, but I won't use them as survivor. F it. Every game is a misery. 5-10K bloodpoints maximum, tunnels, camps, or just super fast wipes and suicides. Matches take 5 minutes max. So god damn miserable playing survivor, incredibly hard...

    It took me 7 matches to complete "repair 3 gens" challenge. No, no cakes from survivor...

  • No thanks, I'd rather not give someone bonus points for playing scummy.

    Happily hoarding all my cakes.

  • I'm done playing any BP items. Me and my friends are just trying to earn a good amount of BP, all using offerings, and we just get nothing but camped and tunneled. We're not some Seal Team 10 bully squad, we just play for fun, but the fun is seriously being sucked right back out of this event because of how killers are acting. And don't get me wrong, killer matches I've played are just as sweaty when survivors will do anything they can to deny points to you. Until people learn to chill out a little, I'll happily hold onto my cakes/flans.

  • This event is gonna be the worst due to MMR.


    I keep flans for me, I will need it.

  • What do you think the cakes taste like

  • I just lobby skip if they dont use Frightful Flans. I dont tunnel or camp, Im more in the match for the chases, not too fond of being punished for a playstyle I dont use.

  • @Laluzi said:

    In fairness, I remember not getting nearly enough cakes on my survivor bloodwebs. I had cakes to spare on killers, but as survivor, I genuinely couldn't pull a cake every match.

    Not only did we get less cakes, but earning the cosmetics are always harder for survivors. It took me over 500,000 BP once to get a single Bloody Party Streamer on Jane. I will hoard all the cakes I want. 106% is 106% whenever I choose to use it.

1 2 3 4