Can we all agree that Deathslinger's nerf was too much, right?

First things first, Deathslinger wasn't even that strong, he was middle od the road at best, I don't see why this is enough for a nerf. And to top it off, they buffed a nurse addon to be extremely powerful in the same patch, i mean, nurse didn't need another buff but here we are.

The nerf was extremely heavy and he did not receive compensation in return. The nerf on the terror radious was probably the worst offender, why even do that? At least increase his speed to 4.5 to compensate.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722706#Comment_2722706

    Someone has already corrected me on that and we've moved on. That's was still too fast imo and he should've been nurse speed with that quickscope and next to no terror radius crap.

    Yeah... you're just wrong then.

    Nurse has that movespeed she does because her power literally ignores all pallets windows and literally everything except LoS blocking and Dead Hard. It is ridiculous if you can use it well.

    The Redeemer wasn't that. Was it good? Yes! Was it above average in power? Absolutely yes, that's what the 4.4 move speed is for. Is it anywhere near Nurse level of raw power? NO! Why? Because yeah you were going to get shot, but like... everything that man did was slow. Literally. Everything. He walked slow, he had to constantly reload, he has to reel, unlike Huntress and Trickster he still has to swing and gets the normal M1 cooldown for that. Seriously... this man was SLOW. When I still played him... honestly he felt like a glacier. He was eventually going to kill everyone and he couldn't really get slowed down, but he was really slow so it became a race of whether the Survivors could out pace him.

    Also... you seem to have missed that Deathslinger was a stealth killer? Then again literally everybody missed that.

    I get that you hated that his 1v1 was insanely good, but if they were going to butcher his 1v1 like they did, they needed to massively buff the man's 1v4... and they didn't. So now he's garbage.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722720#Comment_2722720

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ONYVQ01JP5AL/bruh2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/F1YHKKPR0RD5/bruh.png

    It's literally easily provable. I don't have to make up things and even though i don't owe you proof, I can ALSO show you that I've got the adept achievement on the killer you claim I've never played (and every killed aside from the newest 2) which any killer main can tell you that getting that double pip isn't always easy for a number of reasons.

    Got anything else?

    Wut does any of that have to do with hitting shots

    I'm so lost idk if your not reading my post or your purposefully trolling me and ignoring the parts that matter

    Either way whatever helps you sleep at night bud

    I too could go on 50 winstreaks before mmr was a thing

    Try winning 20 games in a row with deathslinger nowadays

    I'd make a safe bet only the top 10% of killer players could

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722721#Comment_2722721

    Wut does any of that have to do with hitting shots

    I'm so lost idk if your not reading my post or your purposefully trolling me and ignoring the parts that matter

    Either way whatever helps you sleep at night bud

    I too could go on 50 winstreaks before mmr was a thing

    Try winning 20 games in a row with deathslinger nowadays

    I'd make a safe bet only the top 10% of killer players could

    Idk what you're on about. You literally made a statement claiming I never played killer and then followed up by saying I've never played Deathslinger. I was simply proving you wrong on both accounts. Clearly you aren't reading your own posts. Did you not make those statements?

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722731#Comment_2722731

    Idk what you're on about. You literally made a statement claiming I never played killer and then followed up by saying I've never played Deathslinger. I was simply proving you wrong on both accounts. Clearly you aren't reading your own posts. Did you not make those statements?

    Dodged the question again I'm just done replying you clearly have tunnel vision and can only read half of what everyone writes especially when the truth hurts

    Have a nice day 👍

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722380#Comment_2722380

    Perfectly aware. If he keeps the quickscoping, that's how slow he should be imo

    And then someone mentioned Trickster and that's another killer who I think has a power that's way too oppressive in chase and who deserves to be slower because his power needs little to no skill to down someone with like 10 knives (or whatever the number is, i don't care enough to know the exact numbers)

    Killers shouldn't be slower than Survivors if they have literally no way to keep up with them or get around loops. That's why Nurse is potato speed.

    Saying ranged Killers should be the slowest thing in the game is asking for them to be literally unable to win because everyone will just squat behind a wall and circle it faster than the Killer. No LoS ever, no getting M1's.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302386/can-we-all-agree-that-deathslingers-nerf-was-too-much-right

    They nerfed that jerk? Finally.

    Of all the killer terror radiuses, his made the least amount of sense. How you gonna have a ranged killer with normal movement speed and have a terror radius that's practically non existent until he's in range to shoot you. Hated him since launch so whatever nerf he got, he deserved it

    He moves slower like hag and huntress, I agree he needed a bigger terror radius though.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722400#Comment_2722400

    Killers shouldn't be slower than Survivors if they have literally no way to keep up with them or get around loops. That's why Nurse is potato speed.

    Saying ranged Killers should be the slowest thing in the game is asking for them to be literally unable to win because everyone will just squat behind a wall and circle it faster than the Killer. No LoS ever, no getting M1's.

    Id love a ranged killer that could ignore obstacles

  • In some ways we already have them. Pyramid Head and Artist can both hit ranged attacks through stuff.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722776#Comment_2722776

    In some ways we already have them. Pyramid Head and Artist can both hit ranged attacks through stuff.

    I mean something like changing irihead or branding iron to instead ignore some obstacles

    Pyramid head and artist's damage range arent long enough for my tastes

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722776#Comment_2722776

    In some ways we already have them. Pyramid Head and Artist can both hit ranged attacks through stuff.

    Imagine if they had huntress range but could hit though walls. I'm a killer main and think that would be way op and has to be a 2 hit situation like the artist.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    Honestly, for lack of a better word, his scoping is very clunky. Its definitely not as smooth as playing huntress. I think it needs to be reduced by just a fraction so that its a little cleaner to move in and out of ADS without necessarily allowing for a pure 'quick scope' playstyle. I really hope the devs were erring on the side of caution here and are willing to meet the community halfway.

    As far as the terror radius increase, I feel like it should have come with an increase of movement speed to 115%. With plague and now artist in this category of ranged killers with full movement speed I think he would be alright, and it would compensate for the increased possible awareness of the survivors. Alternatively, reduce his terror radius and just give him a lullaby like Huntress or Trickster.

    I would love some kind of Texan jingle that slinger would hum, lol

  • @CleanseThis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722365#Comment_2722365

    Lol whats a leg brace have to do with anything. Trapper can lay down traps but cant walk over them.

    He's saying that's why slinger is slower, because of the leg brace

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722709#Comment_2722709

    Yeah... you're just wrong then.

    Nurse has that movespeed she does because her power literally ignores all pallets windows and literally everything except LoS blocking and Dead Hard. It is ridiculous if you can use it well.

    The Redeemer wasn't that. Was it good? Yes! Was it above average in power? Absolutely yes, that's what the 4.4 move speed is for. Is it anywhere near Nurse level of raw power? NO! Why? Because yeah you were going to get shot, but like... everything that man did was slow. Literally. Everything. He walked slow, he had to constantly reload, he has to reel, unlike Huntress and Trickster he still has to swing and gets the normal M1 cooldown for that. Seriously... this man was SLOW. When I still played him... honestly he felt like a glacier. He was eventually going to kill everyone and he couldn't really get slowed down, but he was really slow so it became a race of whether the Survivors could out pace him.

    Also... you seem to have missed that Deathslinger was a stealth killer? Then again literally everybody missed that.

    I get that you hated that his 1v1 was insanely good, but if they were going to butcher his 1v1 like they did, they needed to massively buff the man's 1v4... and they didn't. So now he's garbage.

    His 1v1 was literally the only thing he had, he doesn't have pressure anywhere else. And BHVR keep releasing killers who rely on getting quick chases then turning around and nerfing them to hell so that the only thing viable now is mobility and the ability to pressure 4 people at once (which also get nerfed to the ground ala Hellraiser) scammed out of my money for the last time on that one... His 1 offs aren't even all that great either compared to his other ranged killers. But its pointless even being bothered by it. BHVR doesn't care about anything but survivor game play and skin sales. The interaction between killer and survivor and fairness overall could jump off a cliff, especially since they've been so keen on putting in AI killers. Me personally, I don't care if I get replaced by an AI. Survivors never wanted to play against human beings to begin with...and its encouraged by the way the game is set up overall. If they aren't encouraged to ######### on each other for every little thing, they get encouraged to ######### on killers as well.

  • survivors ######### on me because i cant aim my damn gun that fast anymore

  • His quickscoping needed a change but he should have received buffs in other areas to compensate. Instead now he’s just another killer nobody plays because he’s terrible.

    Basically what bhvr did was take the one problematic thing about him and fixed it but did so in the worst way possible and shipped an unnecessary TR nerf with it.

  • The problem wasn't Gun Man's TR, it was Monitor and Abuse and how it interacts with low TR killers.

    The change they should have made is simple

    Instead of a flat 8M, Monitor should have reduced your TR by 25% and increase by 25% respectfully

    32M killers still have a reduced radius to 24 but now 24M TR killers gain less benefit though still an impactful one at 6M down to 18M, and hey 18M is just a little bit further then Gun man can shoot so it's actually fair and gives credit to the TR reduction add-ons for Deathslinger.

    That or they should just band-aid him to have 4.6 move speed if that's too much so he can patrol the map better and close the distance after you get your 32M warning he is coming.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722706#Comment_2722706

    Someone has already corrected me on that and we've moved on. That's was still too fast imo and he should've been nurse speed with that quickscope and next to no terror radius crap.

    Didn't know Trickster and Slinger are as strong as Nurse. Clearly a very knowledgeable person about the game.

  • @emodeshort said:

    First things first, Deathslinger wasn't even that strong, he was middle od the road at best, I don't see why this is enough for a nerf. And to top it off, they buffed a nurse addon to be extremely powerful in the same patch, i mean, nurse didn't need another buff but here we are.

    The nerf was extremely heavy and he did not receive compensation in return. The nerf on the terror radious was probably the worst offender, why even do that? At least increase his speed to 4.5 to compensate.

    Agreed. Plus every other killer nerf.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722720#Comment_2722720

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ONYVQ01JP5AL/bruh2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/F1YHKKPR0RD5/bruh.png

    It's literally easily provable. I don't have to make up things and even though i don't owe you proof, I can ALSO show you that I've got the adept achievement on the killer you claim I've never played (and every killed aside from the newest 2) which any killer main can tell you that getting that double pip isn't always easy for a number of reasons.

    Got anything else?

    Adept can be earned while half asleep below old red 1 rank because it required less to get the result.

    R1 killer wasn't exactly that hard pre mmr and still isn't that difficult to reach but it does show you played A killer.. no idea what one but it was one of them.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722720#Comment_2722720

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ONYVQ01JP5AL/bruh2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/F1YHKKPR0RD5/bruh.png

    It's literally easily provable. I don't have to make up things and even though i don't owe you proof, I can ALSO show you that I've got the adept achievement on the killer you claim I've never played (and every killed aside from the newest 2) which any killer main can tell you that getting that double pip isn't always easy for a number of reasons.

    Got anything else?

    I noticed that you unlocked gold and red killer at the same date and time which means that you got rank 1 from an achievement bug lol

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722380#Comment_2722380

    Perfectly aware. If he keeps the quickscoping, that's how slow he should be imo

    And then someone mentioned Trickster and that's another killer who I think has a power that's way too oppressive in chase and who deserves to be slower because his power needs little to no skill to down someone with like 10 knives (or whatever the number is, i don't care enough to know the exact numbers)

    Let's just Nerf the worst Killer in the game.....his Knives are easy to dodge and making killers who DONT have a power to make up ground dont need to be as slow as Nurse.

    Nurse moves that slow because her power allows her to make up that ground but the high skill ceiling of her power makes her the Hardest to master and play.

  • Ok Slinger needed his quick scoping axed because he was like P Head quick slashing. But his TR made nose sense why they increased it.

    His lower TR made perfect sense if you read his backstory. He was a bounty hunter who's job was to track and hunt down men to bring to the prison. He naturally had the ability to get close to those men undetected so that translated to his smaller TR. So combined with Quick Scoping made him a pain to play against.

    Giving him full on Nerfs with no type of compensation is ridiculous.

  • The movement speed buff in ADS still keeps him far worse than pre-nerf, because you didn't have to ads before. Essentially, you were 110% while aiming with how quick his gun was wound up. The only other basekit "buff" he got was that stun buff, from 4 to 3 seconds. They never once stated he was overperforming but just felt unfair, yet did virtually nothing to balance out the changes to keep him fun and viable. Thus, from a design perspective, unless they deemed him broken OP, that was an objectively terrible change for a multiplayer PVP game.

    Deathslinger is not some singeplayer boss. He's a playable character. You don't nerf a playable character for being too frustrating to face, you READJUST their strength.

    I really don't know how this game has been out for 5 1/2 years and stuff like this STILL happens.

  • Nope. He plays almost exactly as he played before.

  • @White_Owl said:

    Nope. He plays almost exactly as he played before.

    No... He dont

  • @White_Owl said:

    Nope. He plays almost exactly as he played before.

    Damn, you clearly didn't play him and still don't play him...

  • He is clumsy, worse, less fun, less unique, more limited Huntress.

    I have played him a lot. I have played him 100% for his quick-scope, because it was fun thing to do.

    I don't think quick-scope was ever an issue. Faking ADS was an issue and that should be only thing removed.

    His ADS mechanic feels terrible to use. Survivors can react to your shooting, which is really bad with your small projectile.

    If they don't want him to quick-scope, they have to fix his ADS mechanic -> higher sensitivity and make his projectile faster -> make him hit-scan. So survivors will know you are going to shoot, but they are not going to have that big option to dodge and it will actually be based on your aim, not luck.


    Why was quick-scope issue, he is more limited than other ranges killers, so why not give him something they don't have? He has limited range, he doesn't have guaranteed hits, he can't down over pallet and far windows, he has to reload after each shot, he is more punished for missing, his time to down is bigger than Huntress / Trickster.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722383#Comment_2722383

    I would love some kind of Texan jingle that slinger would hum, lol

    I was hoping for one of those spicy wild west tunes they play before the gun duel. Some The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly type stuff.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722720#Comment_2722720

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ONYVQ01JP5AL/bruh2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/F1YHKKPR0RD5/bruh.png

    It's literally easily provable. I don't have to make up things and even though i don't owe you proof, I can ALSO show you that I've got the adept achievement on the killer you claim I've never played (and every killed aside from the newest 2) which any killer main can tell you that getting that double pip isn't always easy for a number of reasons.

    Got anything else?

    I do: you don’t know what you’re talking about, regardless of experience.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I will not be playing him until they revert his quickscoping. I want the small TR back, but the quickscoping is what I played him for. Without it, he is a joke.

    It's not coming back. It was very unfun and unfair. The TR nerfs make sense as well. I don't care if they give him other buffs... but those two nerfs were needed.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722343#Comment_2722343

    It's not coming back. It was very unfun and unfair. The TR nerfs make sense as well. I don't care if they give him other buffs... but those two nerfs were needed.

    as I've said 3 times on this thread, deathslinger wasn't strong, he didn't have map pressure, he didn't have built in slowdown, the only thing he had was its 1v1, which was weak compared to others ranged killers. He didn't have a guaranteed hit, he had to constantly reload, his projectile was too small and it wasn't a hitscan. Literally there was no reason to nerf him, just because he was "unfun" to go Against. It doesn't make sense to nerf a weak character just because you don't like to play against him, In any other game this would not even be considered.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722824#Comment_2722824

    I was hoping for one of those spicy wild west tunes they play before the gun duel. Some The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly type stuff.

    Yes please, lol

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722721#Comment_2722721

    I do: you don’t know what you’re talking about, regardless of experience.

    Their experience at the higher tiers of killer appears to be fake.

    Look at the date/time of the gold/iri killer ranking unlocks. They are both the same.

    This means they never earned them legitimately and most likely unlocked them via the achievement bug a while back.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722343#Comment_2722343

    It's not coming back. It was very unfun and unfair. The TR nerfs make sense as well. I don't care if they give him other buffs... but those two nerfs were needed.

    No they were not. Without quickscoping and a smaller TR, what advantages does he have over Huntress or Trickster? He has none, and if you can't see that then I guess there's no point in arguing further.

  • they overdone him? yes they did, but quickscope made 0 sense and was a painfull experience to go against, the TR was unnecesary.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723543#Comment_2723543

    No they were not. Without quickscoping and a smaller TR, what advantages does he have over Huntress or Trickster? He has none, and if you can't see that then I guess there's no point in arguing further.

    Disagree. They changed it for a reason. like I already said, I'm fine with him getting other buffs. They don't need to revert any of the nerfs they gave him.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723859#Comment_2723859

    Disagree. They changed it for a reason. like I already said, I'm fine with him getting other buffs. They don't need to revert any of the nerfs they gave him.

    What a strong argument.

    "They made a change, therefore its automatically justified and viable moving forward because it was for a reason".

    Just say the obvious, you don't have a real reason why it was a good update.. you just found it unfun to deal with

  • @emodeshort said:

    First things first, Deathslinger wasn't even that strong, he was middle od the road at best, I don't see why this is enough for a nerf. And to top it off, they buffed a nurse addon to be extremely powerful in the same patch, i mean, nurse didn't need another buff but here we are.

    The nerf was extremely heavy and he did not receive compensation in return. The nerf on the terror radious was probably the worst offender, why even do that? At least increase his speed to 4.5 to compensate.

    Way to much he didn't need a nerf

  • Some people in here cry about a little nerf oh no he has now such a big TR imagine his old TR plus both TR decrease addons plus monitor yeah 6meter TR was not Op sure now at least he is balanced we dont play cod we play Dbd so another point peoplle cry about the fact that he cant quickscope

  • I'm still amazed that they haven't introduced a Horizontal and vertical slider for Gunslinger or Huntress. We're still stuck with one slider for both movements.

  • @emodeshort said:

    First things first, Deathslinger wasn't even that strong, he was middle od the road at best, I don't see why this is enough for a nerf. And to top it off, they buffed a nurse addon to be extremely powerful in the same patch, i mean, nurse didn't need another buff but here we are.

    The nerf was extremely heavy and he did not receive compensation in return. The nerf on the terror radious was probably the worst offender, why even do that? At least increase his speed to 4.5 to compensate.

    I refuse to play him until they revert his quick scope. He wasn't even that hard to play against

  • That slow aim is atrocious....


    Deathslinger pre-nerf - Modern Warfare 2 (just felt good)

    Deathslinger post-nerf - Killzone 2 (way slower. makes him way clunkier WHICH IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST FEELING for ANY FPS...)


    The devs had it right the first time. Why would you go back on something like the way he ACTUALLY FUNCTIONS....

  • @foxsansbox said:

    How to find survivor mains that refuse to learn counterplay:

    Create a Deathslinger thread.

    Holy cow it's like their call to action.

    What kind of counterplay do you propose to quick scoping? I'd be interested to learn it, might be useful on FPSes

  • @AJStyIez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723876#Comment_2723876

    What a strong argument.

    "They made a change, therefore its automatically justified and viable moving forward because it was for a reason".

    Just say the obvious, you don't have a real reason why it was a good update.. you just found it unfun to deal with

    You really think Quick scoping was fair? It should never have been put in the game. The devs seen this as well and changed it.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722560#Comment_2722560

    What kind of counterplay do you propose to quick scoping? I'd be interested to learn it, might be useful on FPSes

    Bait the Deathslinger into taking a shot where you can keep him from successfully reeling you in. Quick scoping was fine because there was additional counter play in reeling. They just needed to nerf how fast Slinger could walk backwards with a Survivor on the spear.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722560#Comment_2722560

    What kind of counterplay do you propose to quick scoping? I'd be interested to learn it, might be useful on FPSes

    If the quickscoper is using a slow moving harpoon like Deathslinger, than you can go through my comment history for the 20 different occasions I explained it. The threads shouldn't be too hard to find.

  • @Veinslay said:

    No, not everyone agrees at all. I've heard from plenty of survivor mains that the really good Deathslinger mains were gonna be totally fine, the nerf wouldn't even impact him and that only the people that use him to win easy in chase cause they have no skill would be the ones impacted and they would have to move to Trickster. I'm still looking for those Deathslinger mains to see how they're doing now tho

    This is always the same argument that gets perpetuated with every killer nerf.

    "The good X mains are gonna be fine" only for these "good" players to never be seen when i'm playing survivor.

  • If you think that Deathslinger is same as before, then you know nothing about him and you just can't convince me that you played more than ten games with him.

1 2 3