Why is there so much hate between console and pc players?

Every place I go to that has people talking about or playing dbd there is this console or pc hate. both console and pc players always say their side is more superior or that the other side is bad. when I ask people why they always talk about some personal experience where the crossplay player was bad or made a really bad play that cost them the game ,but I have seen the same thing on non crossplay players so why would their experience be anymore valid than mine. I understand why people come to this opinion but I don't understand why people push it on others and make fun of or attack the other side.

Please comment why you think it happens below

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @panernaners said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1909652#Comment_1909652

    true I don't know if they are pc players but the same logic applies to the first person who didn't even show if they were cross play and even then they could be on the window store. honestly I think our two examples are more of a match making issue than a cross play one. I just wanted to show how the same thing can happen to a console player.

    There is one way to differentiate between console and Windows store: Windows store players can use the chat. I think that it is more likely to encounter console players but you are right, accusations without proof help nobody and bad players/teammates are on all plattforms (also everybody has a bad days, I'm sure that sometimes I've been the bad teammate).

    I also agree on the matchmaking issue and I think we all remember the negative examples (or the example that support our view in general) more than the positive.

    If people have something against players from a different platform the should turn crossplay off (I've heard that that can actually improve queue for PC players) imo instead of insulting other people. It's especially sad that some streamers push that narrative, I mean complaining privately is one thing but streamers shouldn't make the issue even bigger imo.

  • @panernaners said:

    Every place I go to that has people talking about or playing dbd there is this console or pc hate. both console and pc players always say their side is more superior or that the other side is bad. when I ask people why they always talk about some personal experience where the crossplay player was bad or made a really bad play that cost them the game ,but I have seen the same thing on non crossplay players so why would their experience be anymore valid than mine. I understand why people come to this opinion but I don't understand why people push it on others and make fun of or attack the other side.

    Please comment why you think it happens below

    System Wars has been a part of video gaming since the 80's. Is normal.

    Expecting gamers from different tribes to get along is silly. We like to attack the "other tribes" it's fun and it's part of gaming culture and human nature itself. Humans are tribal beings by nature.

    Also LOL at console gamers thinking they're better than PC gamers. LOL whatever PC Master Race sorry not sorry.

  • It doesn’t help that there are a couple of notable dip$#!% streamers that further the narrative for click bait on twitter and views on their channel. Then you get a bunch of parrots saying the same thing because they watch said piles of manure.

  • @panernaners said:

    Every place I go to that has people talking about or playing dbd there is this console or pc hate. both console and pc players always say their side is more superior or that the other side is bad. when I ask people why they always talk about some personal experience where the crossplay player was bad or made a really bad play that cost them the game ,but I have seen the same thing on non crossplay players so why would their experience be anymore valid than mine. I understand why people come to this opinion but I don't understand why people push it on others and make fun of or attack the other side.

    Please comment why you think it happens below

    as a console player just take huntress as an example, when on pc she has a cross hair and much better aim due to using a mouse. I think if they added MnK compatibility it would fix this.

  • In my experience, console players are less likely to skilled players than PC players. Likely due to the game being out longer on PC and due to less casual gamers on PC. Maybe that's confirmation bias though.

    There are certainly bad and skilled players on all platforms though.

    Also I don't know what crossplay off looks like for consoles, but when you play with crossplay off on PC there is significant increase in the average player skill, both killer and survivor. This is also likely contributes to the perception of console players being bad/PC players being bad because when you turn off the ability to encounter other platforms you find better people.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @BettyWhite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/223228/why-is-there-so-much-hate-between-console-and-pc-players

    as a console player just take huntress as an example, when on pc she has a cross hair and much better aim due to using a mouse. I think if they added MnK compatibility it would fix this.

    She doesn't have a cross hair on PC

  • I guess he/she was talking about crosshair overlays

  • PC players just think they're better because they sunk more money into a gaming platform.

  • Because console players suck

  • A lot of pc players think they are somehow superior to everyone else.

  • @HellDescent said:

    A lot of pc players think they are somehow superior to everyone else.

    Yes.

    It is quite annoying.

  • @HellDescent said:

    A lot of pc players think they are somehow superior to everyone else.

    The "platform" is superior but that doesn't make the player superior.(Though it helps) It's like racing. If you have 2 equally skilled drivers, the one with the better vehicle will win.

    I think the hate of PC vs Console stems from the fact that many developers create really bad ports to one or the other. I know plenty of games that work flawless on one system but barely gets past the start screen on the other. The developer then has to divert more resources to fixing the crappy port rather than improving the game. I've played 2 MMOs heavily in my life and I can say there comes a point where the console starts to hold back the game. When the graphics get updated enough times they can't go any further because the old gen console can't handle it.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957387#Comment_1957387

    The "platform" is superior but that doesn't make the player superior.(Though it helps) It's like racing. If you have 2 equally skilled drivers, the one with the better vehicle will win.

    I think the hate of PC vs Console stems from the fact that many developers create really bad ports to one or the other. I know plenty of games that work flawless on one system but barely gets past the start screen on the other. The developer then has to divert more resources to fixing the crappy port rather than improving the game. I've played 2 MMOs heavily in my life and I can say there comes a point where the console starts to hold back the game. When the graphics get updated enough times they can't go any further because the old gen console can't handle it.

    True, but that isn't the case with DBD.

    Bad optimization holds Consoles back.

  • Console vs PC has had hate for one another way before DBD. It is the same thing between Mac fanboys and PC fanboys. Or even Android vs iPhone if you will. One side thinks their platform is always better.

    PC seems to have an advantage of having much better superior hardware. Console thinks they are better for using controllers, yet it can be argued PC has better precision with a mouse. Either way, PC is getting a little more popular for gaming because of the hardware.

  • Because PC players are constantly wanting to fuel the fire of saying console people are bad, even though PC people are just as bad as well. It's not even a joke that people try to make it out to be, it's literally just bashing the other side because you think your a god complex and the almighty superior. One of the reasons why I can't stand PC steamers on DBD, not all of them act that way but my god there's some who take comment way to far.

  • Have you seen Avatar the last airbender?


    Basically pc is the fire nation to most people who aren't pc players.


    Pc players often view console gamers as less skilled and sometimes (unfortunately) less intelligent because of buying console over pc.


    I just play to have fun myself and don't care what people use as long as they don't bash me for console or shove in my face pc is better

  • People that argue about consoles need to seriously re-evaluate their life choices lol.

    Let people play on what they want to play on. I play on PlayStation because my favourite game series The Last of Us and Uncharted are exclusive to it.

    If I wanted a PC, XBOX or Switch then I would get one. But I don’t. It’s simple.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Have you seen Avatar the last airbender?

    Basically pc is the fire nation to most people who aren't pc players.

    Pc players often view console gamers as less skilled and sometimes (unfortunately) less intelligent because of buying console over pc.

    I just play to have fun myself and don't care what people use as long as they don't bash me for console or shove in my face pc is better

    So your saying that we console players are the Air Benders then?

  • I think it's just a coping thing, when we get angry at stuff it's a pretty human thing to find an excuse, it's the easiest option, hell even I'm majorly guilty of it. Sorry that there's a lot of that toxicity though, it is an unfortunate thing

  • I play console and have no issues with the pc population considering I play in the high mmr and red ranks pc players killers and survivors I still find average in the high ranks making bad decision with unhooking, unhooking to early ect and a whole load of tunneling, may be a superior platform but doesn’t make them all good players, we just gotta play a bit different mate. If they wanna complain about it all let them have fun and if your in a ######### match with toxic survivors pc and console it’s always a good mean to make their life hell and the killer

  • @lgander13 said:

    I play console and have no issues with the pc population considering I play in the high mmr and red ranks pc players killers and survivors I still find average in the high ranks making bad decision with unhooking, unhooking to early ect and a whole load of tunneling, may be a superior platform but doesn’t make them all good players, we just gotta play a bit different mate. If they wanna complain about it all let them have fun and if your in a ######### match with toxic survivors pc and console it’s always a good mean to make their life hell and the killer

    Rank has no bearing on MMR

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Console vs PC has had hate for one another way before DBD. It is the same thing between Mac fanboys and PC fanboys. Or even Android vs iPhone if you will. One side thinks their platform is always better.

    PC seems to have an advantage of having much better superior hardware. Console thinks they are better for using controllers, yet it can be argued PC has better precision with a mouse. Either way, PC is getting a little more popular for gaming because of the hardware.

    Wait this is Sluzzy right? What is this?

  • PC is something you use for work and I think many sees PC players as nerds without a job, people who has given up in life and that is why we see so much DCs from PC players they are losers. It's a theory at least 😀

    Plus PC players use cheats and stuff. It's just easy to dislike people like that. Also look at the childish names they use it is pathetic.

  • What's funny is all these people thinking they have a clue , you don't know what platform they're on the globe could mean windows store or stadia on steam and all the other consoles show up as globes to each other , so really nobody has a ######### clue people's head are just so far up their own ass that they think they know it all or are superior when in reality they're just looking for excuses to hate on PC or console players, if one of the people complaining here thinks they're so ######### good then enter a tournament and show everyone how much better you are instead of being a forum warrior, I mean it shouldn't be that hard right?

  • @Patiencehero said:

    It's not really a short and sweet Answer: Console has significant disadvantages compared to PC. Nurse is practically unusable due to the low sensitivity and accuracy of turns from my understanding, 15-30fps average, and turns on survivor are similarly inaccurate, meaning that even an SWF is going to lose if they get matched against a PC nurse or blight - they can't dodge or react with the same accuracy as PC survivors.

    In addition, PC's playerbase is notably more toxic, due to A) how long its been around, and B) Endgame chat being there, so salt gets traded, tempers flare, and the team that lost the last game and was treated like garbage in endgame chat puts their tryhard pants on, only to get matched with....console newbies, where they'll camp/tunnel/genrush/teabag/key swap in order to get some measure of perceived revenge.

    Combination of the game being limited heavily on one platform compared to another, and the inherent toxic nature of the game's playerbase. So PC players hate console because they're 'useless teammates', and Console players hate PC because they frequently run into unfair matchups that also involve the opposite group using the most frustrating strategies in existence.

    HARD disagree with console Survivor, console Survivor feels great when not playing on old gen, and I have NO idea where you even got this perception from besides poor old gen console performance. I'd also at least partially disagree on Nurse, console sensitivity is very good now, not perfect but could use some small tweaks to be made more fluid and smooth.

    I'm not saying PC isn't better than console, what I am saying is "heavily limited" is very disingenuous and in my experience not true at all.

  • PS5 is very strong as a PC believe it or not, ill take final fantasy 14 for example another game I play if not on dbd, a town that is stuff of 100+ people on ps4 and old systems takes like a painful 1 to 2 mins to load, both my gaming pc and my ps5 instant load in 5 seconds XD. on ps4 it was a mess, you get punch by neme for example and oooooooooooo my gosh, but on ps5 you do not feel it. Yeah I always was curious on the bias of the pc/vs console hate thing in this or any game in general.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908371#Comment_1908371

    HARD disagree with console Survivor, console Survivor feels great when not playing on old gen, and I have NO idea where you even got this perception from besides poor old gen console performance. I'd also at least partially disagree on Nurse, console sensitivity is very good now, not perfect but could use some small tweaks to be made more fluid and smooth.

    I'm not saying PC isn't better than console, what I am saying is "heavily limited" is very disingenuous and in my experience not true at all.

    Most people are on Xbox One and PS4 still tho

  • The question you should be asking is what it better for playing Dead by Daylight on.

    Option 1 - A PC that had a fast 16 core processor, loads of ram, fast powerful graphics card and can be more powerful and faster then any console. Usually a game is played with a keyboard and mouse and can easily run games at high FPS. Normally purchased by serious gamers for FPS and Simulations that need fast processing. Normally run on a monitor that can refresh at 60hz to 240hz.

    Option 2 - A Playstation or Xbox, built specifically for games from FPS to platform games. Normally connected to a TV that normally refresh at 60hz. Played with a controller.

    Option 3 - A Nintendo Switch. Normally bought by families who play games like Mario and the like. Low power but still able to run DBD. Can be connected to a TV or can be handheld on the toilet. Can use a controller or the little controllers on the side of the console, prone to stick drift.

  • @panernaners said:

    Every place I go to that has people talking about or playing dbd there is this console or pc hate. both console and pc players always say their side is more superior or that the other side is bad. when I ask people why they always talk about some personal experience where the crossplay player was bad or made a really bad play that cost them the game ,but I have seen the same thing on non crossplay players so why would their experience be anymore valid than mine. I understand why people come to this opinion but I don't understand why people push it on others and make fun of or attack the other side.

    Please comment why you think it happens below

    probably tradition or something. idk.


    I don't get it.

  • No one knows what exactly started he PC vs console war, but it is a feud that has lasted generations, and it will continue on for generations to come.

  • I don't have anything against pc players but it's the platform itself I don't like. It has a permanent advantage over us in every single way.

  • Im on PC and I love console players, they make up 90 percent of the survivors I play against and have to be the most fun bastards I ever fought against.

  • I don’t “hate” on anyone but I had to permanently turn crossplay off because playing solo survivor is kind of an impossible challenge. My ps4 random teammates are beasts to the point I’m always the weakest looper in the game, always play as a team, save before second hook stage etc. As soon as I play with pc people none of that happens, they just ignore me when I need help and I’m usually the only one doing gens. I don’t know why, honestly, but that’s what happens.

  • I love facing console players when I am playing killer. I hate when I join a lobby with 3 console players as survivor tho. I usually dodge until I find a lobby with at least one other PC player.

    Yes, there are trash PC players but damn most console gamers are SO bad (probably cause of poor optimization). Most of them run Urban Evasion and Selfcare, they have no clue how to loop (or simply can't cause of controller, I assume) and just generally like to not touch gens. And before I get to feel the wrath of the forum, I am gonna add that ALL the PC players I talk to think the exact same. They dodge console lobbies as survivor and enjoy them as killers. I even met quiet a few ex console gamers who moved to PC simply cause consoles suffer from so many issues (low FPS, controller being inferior compared to m&k etc.)

  • one platform is not superior than the other. It's all contextual. In a lot of shooter games a mouse and keyboard is better because it allows for more precise aiming. However a controller is better for fighting games such as Mortal Kombat. There's also the issue of preference, some people myself included prefer using a controller to MnK and preference makes a big difference in terms of how well you do with it. Personal skill comes into the mix too as there are some amazing controller players in big fps games that can dab on MnK.

    In terms of hardware PC can be better than console, however you'll be extremely hard pressed to find a pc that will last as long as a console with any where near as good performance for the same price. Also consoles are more accessible and convenient than pc's are. So more casual people will be drawn to a console as they can just plug in and play, there's very little to no setup required to begin playing. But PC has a wider range of games and optimisations that are for the more hardcore gamers.

    So really one being better than the other comes down to you personally. For me a console is better as I want the convenience and to use a controller with no hassle. For some of my friends a PC is better for them as they want to spend the big bucks for the best experience they can get. There are crossplatform games we play where some they're better and and others I'm better at. It's not such a black and white topic like so many want you to believe.

    edit: to those who say "console players are always bad" 1. you probably have confirmation bias, so you see a console do bad and it conforms to your thoughts of console players bad, however you never realise when they do well. And so it feeds into that mindset. 2. Keep in mind consoles are namely marketed to more casual players who dont take games as seriously as others and so you'll get a lot more casual console players.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Have you seen Avatar the last airbender?

    Basically pc is the fire nation to most people who aren't pc players.

    Pc players often view console gamers as less skilled and sometimes (unfortunately) less intelligent because of buying console over pc.

    I just play to have fun myself and don't care what people use as long as they don't bash me for console or shove in my face pc is better

    lmao



    Best reference ever.

  • How dare you bring common sense into this sewer of a thread!

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    No one knows what exactly started he PC vs console war, but it is a feud that has lasted generations, and it will continue on for generations to come.

    Ah, yes I remember the ancient Mesopotamians Looking down on those console plebs real generational feud.

  • @Dustin said:

    I don't really see these arguments and I personally have nothing against console players but going to admit the most toxic and unfun people I've played with are all crossplay players on console. The only reason I don't turn off crossplay is because matchmaking times but I genuinely have not encountered such toxicity before crossplay and I genuinely never thought I'd say that considering how bad PC was with chat and such. Killers going out of their way to target and kill specific players for no reason and survivors squading up and purposely trying to extend the game to bully the killer instead of doing anything else.

    Never experienced such boring or unfun games before crossplay.

    Unrelated but didn't BHVR disable the option to opt out of crossplay?

    PC killers do the exact same, dude. 😂

  • @panernaners said:

    Every place I go to that has people talking about or playing dbd there is this console or pc hate. both console and pc players always say their side is more superior or that the other side is bad. when I ask people why they always talk about some personal experience where the crossplay player was bad or made a really bad play that cost them the game ,but I have seen the same thing on non crossplay players so why would their experience be anymore valid than mine. I understand why people come to this opinion but I don't understand why people push it on others and make fun of or attack the other side.

    Please comment why you think it happens below

    idk pc master race though, jk idc which i have this game on a few different places

1 2 ›