Is BBQ & Chili the biggest crutch perk for killers?

Which perk is the one that Killers can't live without?

As I understand the term "crutch perk", it is a perk that people can't live without and tend to rely on the most. It is currently the most popular perk for killers. Don't take the term personally.

Note: If you want to talk crap about survivors, start another discussion. No whatabout-ism please...

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • No, it's not a "crutch" perk. It gives good tracking and helps fix the insane grind this game has.

  • BBQ and Chili is not a crutch perk. If you look around, you will not find a lot of killers using it. It's a fine tracking perk that gives some extra bloodpoints.

  • @QwQw said:

    No, it's not a "crutch" perk. It gives good tracking and helps fix the insane grind this game has.

    It also encourages moving away from the hook. Somewhat preventing camping as well.

  • Crutch perk?


    I am sorry, aren't Survivors CONSTANTLY complaining about "Devs need to do something about camping!" ?


    Don't you WANT the Killer to leave the newly hooked Survivor?

  • Since dbd has such a long grind, BBQ isn't a crutch, it's downright necessary.

  • Survivors: DEVs do something about camping!

    Also survivors: BBQ is a crutch.

    Like, what do you really want? I´ve even seen a thread that explained, that other survivors shouldn´t be punished by the mistakes of their teammates, so the aura reading (that leads the killer away) should be removed.

  • I use BBQ and Chili for the simple fact that it gives me easy bonus bloodpoints. However if I had to choose a perk(s) that killers really love it would be the Ruin Undying combo.

  • BTW...thanks in advance for all the replies.

  • Yup. Just locker-up or get close before hook. It's good counter-balance to SWF-Perk-5.

  • i don’t mean to sound critical but even though BBQ and chili is a greatly designed perk it should get looked at if 90% of the killers are using it if it’s getting used by 90% of all killers that’s a sign somethings wrong now don’t get me wrong survivors have the same thing with DS but IMO if a perk is used 90% of the time and I see it every game it should get looked at

  • I mean if the only effect was the BP I would use it just as often. If its only effect was the aura reading, I would ditch it for tremors instantly

  • Yikes. So many killers here getting offended by the use of the word “crutch”. The truth is, yes, most killers I run into do in fact use this perk, and it does make me wonder how much a lot of them depend on it. Probably a fair amount, but probably not as much as it would if we took NOED from some and Whispers from others. Everybody has their favorites, but some are clearly more popular than others.

  • If they ever change my double blood point perk because of these kinds of complaints i swear to neptune, I'll play nothing but spirit and freddy with undying ruin infectious and NOED. WHY? Well no more double blood points so can't afford to play every one so.... Yeah

    And it gives me all the reasons on the world to move from hooks..... Aren't you always complaining about that too? It's so easy to counter but hey i guess killers just can't have fun in anyway without survivors permission right?

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    i don’t mean to sound critical but even though BBQ and chili is a greatly designed perk it should get looked at if 90% of the killers are using it if it’s getting used by 90% of all killers that’s a sign somethings wrong now don’t get me wrong survivors have the same thing with DS but IMO if a perk is used 90% of the time and I see it every game it should get looked at

    Not one member of my SWF group runs with DS, that I've seen. I'm also mainly the one that runs BT, and sometimes UB, because I felt an affinity to Bill since I started a couple months ago and didn't even know he had two of the most desirable Perks until I started reading these forums. We mainly Perk-tune for dailies and rifts.

  • @BlindMole said:

    If they ever change my double blood point perk because of these kinds of complaints i swear to neptune, I'll play nothing but spirit and freddy with undying ruin infectious and NOED. WHY? Well no more double blood points so can't afford to play every one so.... Yeah

    And it gives me all the reasons on the world to move from hooks..... Aren't you always complaining about that too? It's so easy to counter but hey i guess killers just can't have fun in anyway without survivors permission right?

    The post is about which perk killers can't live without and rely on most. The post is not about getting rid of BBQ or anything like that. Take a breath.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    i don’t mean to sound critical but even though BBQ and chili is a greatly designed perk it should get looked at if 90% of the killers are using it if it’s getting used by 90% of all killers that’s a sign somethings wrong now don’t get me wrong survivors have the same thing with DS but IMO if a perk is used 90% of the time and I see it every game it should get looked at

    The reason many players uses it is because of the bloodpoints not because of the power level of the aura reading. Make the bloodpoints passive for Killers with no perks attached to it and i Will use thrilling tremors above BBQ.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Survivors: DEVs do something about camping!

    Also survivors: BBQ is a crutch.

    Like, what do you really want? I´ve even seen a thread that explained, that other survivors shouldn´t be punished by the mistakes of their teammates, so the aura reading (that leads the killer away) should be removed.

    Nah, don't lump all survivors in with this guy.

  • @BlindMole said:

    If they ever change my double blood point perk because of these kinds of complaints i swear to neptune, I'll play nothing but spirit and freddy with undying ruin infectious and NOED. WHY? Well no more double blood points so can't afford to play every one so.... Yeah

    And it gives me all the reasons on the world to move from hooks..... Aren't you always complaining about that too? It's so easy to counter but hey i guess killers just can't have fun in anyway without survivors permission right?

    Insidious Bubba it is.

    If survivors want camping killers, they´ll get them.

  • @Chrisko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853068#Comment_1853068

    The post is about which perk killers can't live without and rely on most. The post is not about getting rid of BBQ or anything like that. Take a breath.

    Take a breath? You know i can take tons of stuff, like the broken matchmaking, auto aim, and other stuff, but anything negative towards my double bloodpoints and ######### just hits the fan....

  • I know its not all survivors, but the aura reading has been gradually reduced, because survivors complained about it.

    I have no doubt, that when enough survivors complain about it, the devs will do something about BBQ.

  • I think crutch is something that saves you when you fail, as in, last resort. Noed is a crutch (still, Noed is fine and there's nothing wrong about using it). BBQ rewards you when you have already succeeded (hooked a survivor) AND it rewards for not camping aka not picking the easiest option. It's not a crutch, but a very good perk and therefore killers use it.

  • BBQ is literally two perks in one. But what is really interesting about it, is that even if it were indeed 2 separate perks (one for tracking and another for bp), both would still be S-tier. It's strange that they never thought about nerfing it.

    Survivors have a similar perk for bloodpoints: We're Gonna Live Forever. But that one only gives bp stacks, and nothing else: it doesn't give any actual gameplay functionality like BBQ does. And I'm not even reminding that it takes a lot of sweat to get all 4 stacks on WGLF while you can always get all 4 stacks on BBQ without sweating much, since you only have to hook survivors once.

  • As other killers have stated/hinted at, I use BBQ for the Double BP

    There are better perks out there that would give you similar information (like Thrilling Tremors) but BBQ gives me Double BP so I use BBQ. Take away the Double BP, I'd use one of the far better killer perks out there.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    Yikes. So many killers here getting offended by the use of the word “crutch”. The truth is, yes, most killers I run into do in fact use this perk, and it does make me wonder how much a lot of them depend on it. Probably a fair amount, but probably not as much as it would if we took NOED from some and Whispers from others. Everybody has their favorites, but some are clearly more popular than others.

    The perk reduces the atrocious bloodpoint grind. While at the same time having a decent effect with counters.

    If you hate it so much, hide behind a gen, hop into a locker, or get within 40m of the hook. It is not overpowered by any means.

  • I only use BBQ if I want more BP or I have a very mobile killer. Any other time I prefer Whispers for tracking.

  • @Junylar said:

    BBQ is literally two perks in one. But what is really interesting about it, is that even if it were indeed 2 separate perks (one for tracking and another for bp), both would still be S-tier. It's strange that they never thought about nerfing it.

    Survivors have a similar perk for bloodpoints: We're Gonna Live Forever. But that one only gives bp stacks, and nothing else: it doesn't give any actual gameplay functionality like BBQ does. And I'm not even reminding that it takes a lot of sweat to get all 4 stacks on WGLF while you can always get all 4 stacks on BBQ without sweating much, since you only have to hook survivors once.

    WGLF let's you pick up downed survivors at double speed

    Whether that's enough to make it worth it or not is up to you but WGLF does have a positive effect for your gameplay

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    i don’t mean to sound critical but even though BBQ and chili is a greatly designed perk it should get looked at if 90% of the killers are using it if it’s getting used by 90% of all killers that’s a sign somethings wrong now don’t get me wrong survivors have the same thing with DS but IMO if a perk is used 90% of the time and I see it every game it should get looked at

    Only because a Perk is used a lot does not mean that it should be nerfed. Like, when Ruin got reworked the usage was ONE aspect, but not the only aspect why it got reworked.

    The only annoying thing about BBQ is that its purpose is to encourage Killers to go for other Survivors, but a Killer who just camps the first person to death or tunnels them off hook two times is still able to get a meaty amount of Bonus-BPs. Its like promising a Kid a reward for cleaning up their room and giving it to them anyway when their room is still a mess.

    But I doubt that there is anything that can be done about that which is reasonable (Stuff like only gaining Stacks while all Survivors are alive would be an option, but this would mean that Survivors can simply kill themselves to deny BBQ-Stacks or that a Killer cannot take advantage of a weak link if they want to get all Stacks, despite not tunneling that person).

  • Um bbq is not a crutch at all. I wouldn't even say it's necessarily meta.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853100#Comment_1853100

    WGLF let's you pick up downed survivors at double speed

    Whether that's enough to make it worth it or not is up to you but WGLF does have a positive effect for your gameplay

    Oh, I missed that buff then. But it's still crap, comparing to BBQ.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    Um bbq is not a crutch at all. I wouldn't even say it's necessarily meta.

    Especially when it has some pretty clearly defined counters that are not hard to pull off.

  • @chieften333 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853127#Comment_1853127

    Especially when it has some pretty clearly defined counters that are not hard to pull off.

    Exactly.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853118#Comment_1853118

    Oh, I missed that buff then. But it's still crap, comparing to BBQ.

    Yeah, I doubt anyone runs WGLF because of the gameplay perk :D

    Although it does really come in handy when it is needed, especially against a slugging Twin but that's far too niche of a situation to justify running WGLF for anything but the Double BP

  • BBQ is a very balanced perks with many different counterplays, like jumping in a locker, hiding behind gen aura, go within terror radius, stand completely still for 4 seconds then move, move in one direction for 4 seconds then turn around etcetc

    It also helps with the massive grind, that this game is. Only change I'd make to it, is to remove the aura of slugged survivors, since it reduces the risk of slugging survivors, especially encourages slugging for the 4k, since the odds of finding the slug is pretty big. Probably an unpopular opinion, but that's the only thing I don't like about BBQ.

  • I would consider survivors to have more crutch perks than killers (DH, DS, BT) tbh. Killer meta is currently Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer so I guess these could be considered crutch perks because they are a great build.

    I think crutch is more of a perk that makes up for lack of skill and/or experience. Locating survivors takes experience but newer players will utilize Whispers to help point them in the right direction. Overreliance on Whispers will effectively act as a crutch because killers will never learn to find survivors under normal circumstances.

    Would BBQ be considered crutch? It gives you a brief idea of where people are but it doesn't help you in the immediate area. By the time you get there they may have moved far away as it'll take you 9-10 seconds to get over there. I would say this is a better information (and BP earning) perk rather than crutch. It informs you to analyze and make decisions

  • @chieften333 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853067#Comment_1853067

    The perk reduces the atrocious bloodpoint grind. While at the same time having a decent effect with counters.

    If you hate it so much, hide behind a gen, hop into a locker, or get within 40m of the hook. It is not overpowered by any means.

    Lol where did I say I “hated” it? It has easy counters but It is what it is. Stop getting offended so easily so because it’s being pointed out that most killers rely upon it in every round they play.

  • I agree that sometimes it becomes a little bit annoying that every time you're not in a locker or 40 meters you know that the killer knows. even if you tried to reach a locker or the 39 meter. And yea sometimes I wished it wasn't in 100% of the games and I could just be anywhere without the killers knowledge.


    But I also play killer and bbq fixes camping. You get a hint where someone is at and you can make a play. You can go on, go for a new chase. And I find it okay that >The< Killer who owns the map knows what's going on. He knows where to go, what to do. I dig that.


    conclusion: It's still fine

  • If you believe a perk is being played all the time against you wouldn't you play in a way that counters it thereby limiting it's effect and making it less playable? There are perks (whispers and lightborn) that are much more crutchy because of the lack of counters in scenarios the killer will force.

  • @Akito said:

    I agree that sometimes it becomes a little bit annoying that every time you're not in a locker or 40 meters you know that the killer knows. even if you tried to reach a locker or the 39 meter. And yea sometimes I wished it wasn't in 100% of the games and I could just be anywhere without the killers knowledge.

    But I also play killer and bbq fixes camping. You get a hint where someone is at and you can make a play. You can go on, go for a new chase. And I find it okay that >The< Killer who owns the map knows what's going on. He knows where to go, what to do. I dig that.

    conclusion: It's still fine

    Little tip for you and other survivors who dont know/dont play killers. The best counter to BBQ aura reading is just hide behind a non finished gen in the angle the killer hook. Simple as that.

  • *looks at ruin+undying; pop; corrupt*

    *then looks at dead hard, DS, unbreakable, sprint burst*

  • No?

    BBQ is an easy perk to fool and/or hide from. While its tracking is useful, it could be substituted easily for Thrilling Tremors, for example. Of course, then you have the extra BP in a VERY grind-heavy game with a useful (if counterable) in-game effect, you get the most picked perk in the game.

  • @Nossy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853155#Comment_1853155

    Little tip for you and other survivors who dont know/dont play killers. The best counter to BBQ aura reading is just hide behind a non finished gen in the angle the killer hook. Simple as that.

    I don’t know why people fall for this though most of the time even if they’re crouching you can still see their head.

  • I use it for bloodpoints, most of the time I forget I have it and don't look around for auras lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If anything the double BP is a crutch. If the perk didn't have that I doubt it would be so used.

    Yeah,If It did not have more Bp pre Kill..I would run thrilling or something else..But,that grind for BP is too much..Hell,If they removed the Arua But gave tripple the BP..I would use It

  • I use this perk even with Pyramid only for the BP. If it didn'tt have that effect i wouldnt bother using it with i think any killer.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853118#Comment_1853118

    Oh, I missed that buff then. But it's still crap, comparing to BBQ.

    Fun fact: WGLF was released before BBQ and had a 200% bonus.

    It was nerfed, because survivors farmed their teammates so hard.

    Also WGLF stacks are easier to get than BBQ stacks. A survivor can get 3 stacks in 1 unhook.

  • @bingbongboi90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853046#Comment_1853046

    The reason many players uses it is because of the bloodpoints not because of the power level of the aura reading. Make the bloodpoints passive for Killers with no perks attached to it and i Will use thrilling tremors above BBQ.

    I agree if they added that bloodpoint bonus to base kit then we can finally free up a perk slot

  • Yeah these killers using these crutch perks to help against the leveling this game has.


  • @Asssblasster625 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853178#Comment_1853178

    I don’t know why people fall for this though most of the time even if they’re crouching you can still see their head.

    Then you face new players most of the time who dont know the good angle and do the gen instead of crouching, not the same hitbox.

    Thats exactly for this purpose that aura color was matched with gen colors (they were orange before).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120157/generators-should-not-block-bbq-auras/p1

  • @Junylar said:

    BBQ is literally two perks in one. But what is really interesting about it, is that even if it were indeed 2 separate perks (one for tracking and another for bp), both would still be S-tier. It's strange that they never thought about nerfing it.

    Survivors have a similar perk for bloodpoints: We're Gonna Live Forever. But that one only gives bp stacks, and nothing else: it doesn't give any actual gameplay functionality like BBQ does. And I'm not even reminding that it takes a lot of sweat to get all 4 stacks on WGLF while you can always get all 4 stacks on BBQ without sweating much, since you only have to hook survivors once.

    Do you even play the same game as i am? WGLF also has 2 effects. I agree that it is not as easy to get the extra bp as BBQ but to say that it has no in-game effect is being intentionally blind, it is very useful.

  • @Junylar said:

    BBQ is literally two perks in one. But what is really interesting about it, is that even if it were indeed 2 separate perks (one for tracking and another for bp), both would still be S-tier. It's strange that they never thought about nerfing it.

    Survivors have a similar perk for bloodpoints: We're Gonna Live Forever. But that one only gives bp stacks, and nothing else: it doesn't give any actual gameplay functionality like BBQ does. And I'm not even reminding that it takes a lot of sweat to get all 4 stacks on WGLF while you can always get all 4 stacks on BBQ without sweating much, since you only have to hook survivors once.

    I'm assuming you haven't used WGLF as you don't know it's functions. It's extremely good perk if you face slugging killer.

‹ 1 2 3