Is chains of hate the worst dlc in dbd so far?

The more I view this dlc the more I realize it's probably the worst dlc in dbd soo far

Deathslinger- Fun killer to play as, but the most boring to go against, where nothing of him seems unique, since he looks like a typical npc from red dead redemption. His only unique aspect is his gun, and his leg, nothing else is unique about him, compared to the other killers. His power is horrible to go against since even if you do break the chain you still get to mend, would be fine if you got injured, but you also need to mend even if he doesn't hit you?


Deathslinger perks are some of the worst perks-

Gearhead works as Discordance but you are dependent on a skillcheck appearing, and even then you have a limited time for it to happen


Dead Man's switch- Works as a sort of thrilling threamours but it relies on hooking the obsession AND the survivors to stop fixing a generator, which to be honest would only happen if the generator is either half way or the survivor is desperated to go for the save

Hex: retribution - I am not even sure what even is the point of this perk, since for it to really work you would have to either be close to someone allready cleansing and wait for them to finish a totem, or simply using it against a survivor that is not paying attention


Zarina- Another boring looking survivor, nothing much unique about her, with some boring perks

Off the record- Literally iron will and distortion mixed together with the condition that you have to be unhooked and it only allows it to happen for over 1 minute

Red hearing- Works fine for the first time but after that the killer won't fall for it again, sure you can use it to bait the killer to a generator but pretty weak perk

For the people- Only decent perk this dlc, really strong if used correctly and can be broken at the end game


The map- looks amazing, too bad it's a small map, where everything is in the middle of the map, where everything around is empty without a single pallet, just bushes and cactus to hide on


Would love to hear your opinions on this, and remember this is just my opinion

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • @ChiTenshi said:

    I'd say the Leatherface DLC is the worse, you only get that DLC for BBQ & Chilli but even then why waste your money when you can get it from the Shrine of Secrets.

    Rest of his perks is also good and when Leatherface is not best killer, he can be made viable with right perks. I understand why you call it the worst DLC tho.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    The more I view this dlc the more I realize it's probably the worst dlc in dbd soo far

    Deathslinger- Fun killer to play as, but the most boring to go against, where nothing of him seems unique, since he looks like a typical npc from red dead redemption. His only unique aspect is his gun, and his leg, nothing else is unique about him, compared to the other killers. His power is horrible to go against since even if you do break the chain you still get to mend, would be fine if you got injured, but you also need to mend even if he doesn't hit you?

    Deathslinger perks are some of the worst perks-

    Gearhead works as Discordance but you are dependent on a skillcheck appearing, and even then you have a limited time for it to happen

    Dead Man's switch- Works as a sort of thrilling threamours but it relies on hooking the obsession AND the survivors to stop fixing a generator, which to be honest would only happen if the generator is either half way or the survivor is desperated to go for the save

    Hex: retribution - I am not even sure what even is the point of this perk, since for it to really work you would have to either be close to someone allready cleansing and wait for them to finish a totem, or simply using it against a survivor that is not paying attention

    Zarina- Another boring looking survivor, nothing much unique about her, with some boring perks

    Off the record- Literally iron will and distortion mixed together with the condition that you have to be unhooked and it only allows it to happen for over 1 minute

    Red hearing- Works fine for the first time but after that the killer won't fall for it again, sure you can use it to bait the killer to a generator but pretty weak perk

    For the people- Only decent perk this dlc, really strong if used correctly and can be broken at the end game

    The map- looks amazing, too bad it's a small map, where everything is in the middle of the map, where everything around is empty without a single pallet, just bushes and cactus to hide on

    Would love to hear your opinions on this, and remember this is just my opinion

    It's an amazing dlc and I would love more like this. An Indian would be nice next.

  • Absolutely not, are we forgetting darkness amongst us was a thing? I mean, its personally one of my favorite chapter, but it was a buggy mess and introduced legion, the most broken killer in the game, Fat jesus AKA Jeff also had meh perks and many consider ormond to be way too big when playing killer, the only redeemable thing about this chapter is its lore.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171680#Comment_1171680

    But Nurse's Calling is such a good perk! And Nurse is really fun to play... after getting over that massive hump in learning how to get the blinks to work. :)

    Yeah, playing the most bugged killer in whole game is really fun.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172795#Comment_1172795

    "Spirit is counterable."

    She does have counterplay, but the thing is, Sprits with have a brain and half an ear can negate it with no trouble whatsoever, so she might as well have none if the Spirit player is, you know, actually good. Granted, most aren't—which is why they're playing Spirit, probably—but that changes little.

    "Yamaoka is bad but so is Ormond. Both chapter have bad maps I don’t know why you keep stressing the fact that Shattered Bloodline introduced Yamaoka. Yamaoka is no more survivor-sided than Ormond. Is Yamaoka boring? Absolutely. It’s still not worse than Ormond though."

    Yamaoka is one hundred percent worse than Ormond. At least on Ormond, you can actually see.

    "And I’m talking about specifically on the release date...Darkness Among Us is the worst chapter."

    And I'm talking both short- and long-term effects. And the long-term effects of Shattered Bloodline are for worse than the short-term effects of Darkness Among Us.

    You can still do something against a Spirit, you couldn’t with Legion. There was nothing. Your skill was irrelevant. Difference is that Spirit can still win the match. Legion could not against competent teams. Legion had amazing 1V1 but terrible 4V1. Spirit is great at both which makes her very disliked.

    Where is Legion now? Gutted. Their power was a failed experiment and now they are in the trash tier at the bottom of the barrel. A terribly designed killer. Spirit is still an extremely good killer. You might not like Spirit but overall she’s still a great killer who hasn’t been gutted.

    I hate Yamaoka too and it is my least favorite map but it’s not worse than Ormond. Ormond is an entire connected loop that any good survivor can run you around for a long period of time. Yamaoka is really only good for immersed teams. Sure you can see better on Ormond but you’re still gonna lose against a good team. Nothing you can do. AND it’s the size of Jupiter.

    I just can’t say the Spirit chapter was worse. Darkness Among Us is like a failed lab experiment.

  • Darkness among us wants to know your location.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172801#Comment_1172801

    You can still do something against a Spirit, you couldn’t with Legion. There was nothing. Your skill was irrelevant. Difference is that Spirit can still win the match. Legion could not against competent teams. Legion had amazing 1V1 but terrible 4V1. Spirit is great at both which makes her very disliked.

    Where is Legion now? Gutted. Their power was a failed experiment and now they are in the trash tier at the bottom of the barrel. A terribly designed killer. Spirit is still an extremely good killer. You might not like Spirit but overall she’s still a great killer who hasn’t been gutted.

    I hate Yamaoka too and it is my least favorite map but it’s not worse than Ormond. Ormond is an entire connected loop that any good survivor can run you around for a long period of time. Yamaoka is really only good for immersed teams. Sure you can see better on Ormond but you’re still gonna lose against a good team. Nothing you can do. AND it’s the size of Jupiter.

    I just can’t say the Spirit chapter was worse. Darkness Among Us is like a failed lab experiment.

    "Where is Legion now? Gutted. Their power was a failed experiment and now they are in the trash tier at the bottom of the barrel. A terribly designed killer. Spirit is still an extremely good killer. You might not like Spirit but overall she’s still a great killer who hasn’t been gutted."

    You keep talking about Spirit being good like that's somehow a good thing. A phase-walking Killer with the mobility of Usain Bolt who can fake her entire existence to the point that taking your hands off your keyboard is enough to be considered a mindgame should never even exist, let alone be top-tier and for so little effort at that.


    "I hate Yamaoka too and it is my least favorite map but it’s not worse than Ormond. Ormond is an entire connected loop that any good survivor can run you around for a long period of time. Yamaoka is really only good for immersed teams. Sure you can see better on Ormond but you’re still gonna lose against a good team. Nothing you can do. AND it’s the size of Jupiter."

    Yamaoka's loops are just as bad if your pathing is decent, and Family Residence is bigger than goddamn Uganda. They are also by far the most cluttered maps in the game; I have an easier time chainsawing across the map as Billy on Hawkins than I do walking from point A to point B on Yamaoka. Ormond is annoying, but at least A) You can freely walk around on that map, and B) You can actually bloody see two feet in front of you.


    "I just can’t say the Spirit chapter was worse. Darkness Among Us is like a failed lab experiment."

    The simple fact that BHVR actually engaged in damage control for DMU makes it ten times better than Bloodline for me. The absolutely terrible effects caused by that patch—Spirit's existence, Yamaoka's existence, and the no-heal meta—are still extremely felt today, a year and a half later.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171680#Comment_1171680

    But Nurse's Calling is such a good perk! And Nurse is really fun to play... after getting over that massive hump in learning how to get the blinks to work. :)

    Well so why did you nerfed she again? I used to like play her, and also it's pretty rare see someone using nurses calling or other older perks, even barbecue and chilli is hard to see now days

  • @Elena @inferjus Btw You actually COULD say that disappointment is a factor for nominating the worst DLC. Because it still is a subjective opinion. If a chapter is hyped that much because it presents one of the most iconic killers in the game, and then you get like 20% of what you expected, it can ruin everything. Like, Diablo 4 was announced. This is a huge series and they need to release some great stuff here. If it is "just" one of the better action RPGs, it will be called a flop.

    Btw I would also call GF the worst chapter so far. Not by content, but by bugs. The PTB was the most screwed up one. With stuff like "Wake Up speeds up EVERYTHING like repair, vault, search, from THE BEGINNING of the game". Regarding the Deathslinger: I love the whole design about it, killer and map. Survivor is not my favourite but I don't think she's that bad as many say here. And the killer has low map pressure but is pretty strong on almost every loop that is not a complete LOS blocker. Most loops even don't have enough obstacles to break the chain, you can still simply walk around it after spearing as they are too short to break the chain in time. And some loops are too low to even break the chain. You shoot above it and have like 10 seconds to walk around. @Thatbrownmonster not sure about your map description, there is only that one region behind the gallows that are in the open, and that is pretty fine. The rest is full of houses, kinda like Haddonfield, but with less windows, which is also fine.

    @Demogordon_Ramsay "At least on Ormond, you can actually see" I wanna counter that one. Ormond is probably the most survivor sided map in the game because it is huge and there is one safe loop next to another. And from killer side, you might have problems looking through the bamboo, but on Ormond you have problems reading auras. They fixed it for survivors (yellow auras), but red is still bad. Scratch marks are super hard to read and sometimes I need to face a dark wall closely, to take a look where my totem is.

  • Stranger Things was the worst.

    Hex suvivability plummeted because of Nancy. Locker meta skyrocketed.

    Demogorgon is considerable weak. You can easily sidestep a charged leap, and their portals can barely detect anything outside their range. I see 10x more Legions than Demos despite everyone's complaints.

    Steve tries but all his perks are situational.

    And while the labs can be fun, it's a bunch of samey rooms with incredibly stupid loops tied together. There's the one room where you always need to take the long way around. And then there's the top floor which seems to be a waste of time exploring as killer.

  • Talking about how you personally feel about Spirit is completely subjective unless you’re specifically speaking of what counterplay she has, which is why I keep bringing up how good of a killer she is and her counterplay. I’m not speaking of “how little effort she takes” (which is flat out untrue) or the “taking my hands off of my keyboard MiNdGaMe” (which isn’t even a mindgame). As long as the killer has some form of counterplay then I don’t see the point in changing the killer. That is why they had to do damage control for Legion.

    Yamaoka’s tiles aren’t as cluttered as Ormond’s tiles are and the main building on Ormond already puts it ahead of Yamaoka in terms of strength. That main building is stupid strong. Not to mention all the invisible walls on Ormond. It’s just a matter of preference I suppose but I can win on Yamaoka most of the time. Ormond is a big fat L against a good team. You just can’t defend all the gens and the loops are WAY too cluttered together.

    Plus you can’t even see scratch marks or auras on Ormond that well.

    And how did the “no heal meta” start with Spirit’s chapter?

    The Uganda comment made me laugh though XD

  • "Off the Record" i op with OoO. Tried it a few times, so damn funny.

    "For the people" is good for obvious reasons.

    "Red Herring" is a meme.


    "Gearhead" is a bad version of "Surveillance".

    "Dead Man's Switch" is way too situational to be good.

    "Hex: Retribution" is really strong with instadown totems like HG and NOED.


    Deathslinger himself will stay a weak huntress for me, if he doesn't get some adjustments.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172835#Comment_1172835

    I did and I take defence to it because you assumed I was “disappointed” with the Ghost Face chapter when the whole point of the discussion was the worst DLC. I never expressed that I was disappointed with it, you yourself said that.

    The point is, I am entitled to my opinion and I think that Ghost Face is the worst DLC because it didn't come with a survivor or map. Feel free to disagree but don't assume anything about my feelings please (aka 'disappointed'). End of discussion c:

    If you think Ghostface sucks then what are your opinions on Bill, Leatherface and Ash's releases? They all came alone

  • Darkness among us without a doubt. The moment I got a thanataphobia legion is the moment I decided.

  • I don't think it's the worst chapter. I personally hate the stranger things chapter. Demogorgan isn't fun to face or play as for me. Both his and Steve's perks are pretty useless in my opinion. The only thing good about it was Nancy's perks.

    I like playing against and as deathslinger. His perks just are terrible for him that's my biggest problem with the chapter. Why give him a hex totem perk when he doesn't have another hex perk to synergize with. Dead Mans Switch could work with certain killer add-ons like prayer beads, map-wide wraith bell or class photo freddy. Gear Head is just bad.

    Zarina's perks aren't great but at least can work in fun builds.

    The new map is class and I really enjoy playing on it.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172884#Comment_1172884

    If you think Ghostface sucks then what are your opinions on Bill, Leatherface and Ash's releases? They all came alone

    They came alone for a reason. The Ghost Face chapter could've had two separate licenses but they went with the Fun World license only to require the rights for the mask.

    That being said, I never said Ghostface sucked if you read my very first comment carefully. I mentioned he was one of the killers I ranked up to P3 level 50. I stated that the Ghost Face chapter was the worst in my opinion NOT because of his character but because he didn't come with a survivor or map, as I've repeated several times.

    Bill, Leatherface and Ash are all listed under the 'Paragraph' releases, Ghost Face is listed under a 'Chapter' release. Ghost face is the only chapter to not feature a survivor or map, which is why I think it is the worst DLC.

  • I don't really care for any of Deathslinger's perks and his power is just Huntress, but instead the survivors are thrown at you and it can waste time. Though he does look cool, he is a very weak killer. He is ranked in my bottom three, along side Clown and Wraith.

    For the People is an okay perk. It's like Unbreakable, but for other people and instantaneous. If you are the last survivor left because of troll/dc survivors, the perk is useless, but if you have a good team and know how to use it and when, then is is really powerful.

    Dead Dawg Saloon is a very range-friendly map. If there were bigger pallet loops and more buildings it would be better. Though is does bring in new mechanics, those are kinda useless. Breakable walls are just doorways that are created by giving the killer blood-points. The generator spawns also need to be spread out more.

    Honestly, the only reason I actually like the map is because of how open it is (I'm a Huntress main), and because of the cactus.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173134#Comment_1173134

    They came alone for a reason. The Ghost Face chapter could've had two separate licenses but they went with the Fun World license only to require the rights for the mask.

    That being said, I never said Ghostface sucked if you read my very first comment carefully. I mentioned he was one of the killers I ranked up to P3 level 50. I stated that the Ghost Face chapter was the worst in my opinion NOT because of his character but because he didn't come with a survivor or map, as I've repeated several times.

    Bill, Leatherface and Ash are all listed under the 'Paragraph' releases, Ghost Face is listed under a 'Chapter' release. Ghost face is the only chapter to not feature a survivor or map, which is why I think it is the worst DLC.

    Yeah I agree with you there. Not about his chapter being the worst but how he's a "chapter" when he's actually basically a paragraph

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173154#Comment_1173154

    Yeah I agree with you there. Not about his chapter being the worst but how he's a "chapter" when he's actually basically a paragraph

    Yeah, that's mainly why I think he's not the best because he's listed as a chapter yet he's a standalone killer so he should really be a paragraph. But I don't hate the character, power or perks of the killer himself, just the idea of it being a "chapter".

  • I dont like the western style theme about the dlc. A cowboy is boring aswell as Killer, zarina doesnt look that great thought imp. But Deathslinger is very fun and has a very cool mechanic, his hitbox is very precise, even abit too much.. and this Killer is overall balanced.

    Zarina perks are honestly boring, only red hering seems funny but thats it. The perks of the deathslinger seems to be too weak and underwhelming. Gearhead has a way too short duration for its requirement. Dead mans switch has way too many requirements for such a minor effect. Only Hex: Retribution seems decent.

    Overall its just a decent DLC but imo its totatlly okey. The devs cant always make a flawless insane chapter like with Oni, Spirit or Plague.

  • Map isn't part of the DLC btw, that's part of the chapter.

    As for worst DLC i've bought, i gotta go with Bloodstained Sack.

    I got it for the blue jacket & hat on Hillbilly, but now he's got at least 1 chest piece i like way more.

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    He’s the weakest killer in the game in my opinion

    I disagree with this, his 13-1 record against me proves it.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171607#Comment_1171607

    I disagree with this, his 13-1 record against me proves it.

    I’ve won almost all games against him so my record proves it lol

  • Every DLC since Myers' (barring the Clown's) has been "the worst in DBD history".

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173317#Comment_1173317

    I’ve won almost all games against him so my record proves it lol

    I've also won more against Freddy, Doctor, Billy and Demogorgon.

    So just because of my experiences that means they're bad :^)

    Please stop with the "I've won more so they're bad" mindset

  • @Acromio said:

    Every DLC since Myers' (barring the Clown's) has been "the worst in DBD history".

    What? XD

  • Legion, by far. Legion is a prime example of lack of creativity. So many possibilities and instead we got some angsty youngsters running around with knives stabbing people. Yep, great - good call. I still don't know how any of them pick up a survivor with one hand. They should have a drag emote where they have to drag them to a hook and ask them to jump up on it.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173334#Comment_1173334

    I've also won more against Freddy, Doctor, Billy and Demogorgon.

    So just because of my experiences that means they're bad :^)

    Please stop with the "I've won more so they're bad" mindset

    i Was trying to prove how stupid of a argument it was lol I’m not actually being serious but I do think he is the worst killer in the game

  • @AddictedToMosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171900#Comment_1171900

    Apparently many survivor mains think that he's broken and needs a nerf, lmao.

    I doesn't surprise me.. there is people here in the forums that says that leatherface is op, so... Survivor mains never changes..

  • -Halloween added to the game the most game-breaking perk in the history of the game. Also, one of the maps which is most prone to being abused with specific perks thanks to its hideous design and geometry.

    -Of flesh and mud added to the game the concept of removable perks.

    -Left behind added to the game two of the most obnoxious and problematic perks in the history of this game.

    -Spark of madness added to the game a hideous map and a completely unnecessary speed boost perk that, for a while, could be stacked with others.

    -A lullaby for the dark added to the game a horrible map and a very problematic perk in terms of abusing to exploit the maps' geometry.

    -Leatherface added to the game and extremely questionable map.

    -A nightmare on Elm Street added to the game a map that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...).

    -Saw added a shoddily designed map that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...). It also made, even if just for a while, flashlight and pallet-saves even more braindead easy to perform than they already were.

    -Shattered bloodline added a hideously designed map, that is also conveniently fit for Blendettes, and a busted perk to make that other, specific, already unbelievably overpowered, perk, even more unbearable.

    -Darkness among us added to the game a detestable map and several, completely unnecessary, nerfs to a category of perks that was already laughable as it was before the update.

    -Demise of the fateful brought in the game yet another hideous map and a perk that renders interacting with environment potentially dangerous for a specific side.

    -Ash V the evil dead added to the game two potentially problematic perks and one that was even more broken and busted than that other perk that was added with the Halloween update.

    -Stranger things threw into this mess yet another horrendous map, that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...).

    -Cursed legacy added two other potentially problematic perks.

    -Chains of hate added to the pile yet another detestable map and three questionable perks, one of which re-adds to the game a broken element that was acknowledged as such by the developers themselves and thus removed in a previous update.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1172795#Comment_1172795

    "Spirit is counterable."

    She does have counterplay, but the thing is, Sprits with have a brain and half an ear can negate it with no trouble whatsoever, so she might as well have none if the Spirit player is, you know, actually good. Granted, most aren't—which is why they're playing Spirit, probably—but that changes little.

    "Yamaoka is bad but so is Ormond. Both chapter have bad maps I don’t know why you keep stressing the fact that Shattered Bloodline introduced Yamaoka. Yamaoka is no more survivor-sided than Ormond. Is Yamaoka boring? Absolutely. It’s still not worse than Ormond though."

    Yamaoka is one hundred percent worse than Ormond. At least on Ormond, you can actually see.

    "And I’m talking about specifically on the release date...Darkness Among Us is the worst chapter."

    And I'm talking both short- and long-term effects. And the long-term effects of Shattered Bloodline are for worse than the short-term effects of Darkness Among Us.

    If we are talking about long term effects, then lets look at the long term effect of Darkness Among Is as well:

    - The engine update that screwed the game, and still does even to this day. Infinite loading screens? They started because of that update.

    - Unnecessary BT buff. Still encouraging bad behaviour even to this day.

    - Graphical downgrade (related to the first post)

    As much as you meme about Spirit not having counterplay or whatever, Darkness Among Us, much in long and short term effects, sucked ass.

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173350#Comment_1173350

    i Was trying to prove how stupid of a argument it was lol I’m not actually being serious but I do think he is the worst killer in the game

    I disagree but that's a discussion we can leave in a different thread :^)

  • The killer's design is interesting and very unique.

    I'd like you to compare The Deathsligner to The Legion and decide which one is worse from various angles.

  • My least favorite chapter was the One chapter.

    I can't stand playing as him. His map gives me nightmares. I use none of the perks from either side. Only positive for me is Yui has some good cosmetics.

    This is the only chapter i didn't spend real money on.

    I like deathslinger and for some reason have amazing luck with Zarina. I even like legion better than oni.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    Not by a long shot. That title belongs to Darkness Among Us like others have said.

    Legion was fundamentally broken from the beginning and is now a lackluster killer than is still annoying to go against but isn’t a threat at all. It’s like old Doctor...a pain in the ass but no threat.

    Jeff isn’t even played often but has decent perks. Breakdown is great for sabo builds, Aftercare is decent for solo, and Distortion is decent as well. Jeff is just...there. Sadly he is the best thing from this chapter.

    Ormond is a terrible map for killer. It’s one of the worst. Aesthetically they nailed it, but gameplay wise it’s torture to play on.

    If I could delete one chapter from the game it is Darkness Among Us. It was an abysmal chapter that introduced a broken killer, a lackluster survivor, and a terrible map.

    Dude, don't hate on fat Jesus. Nothing "lackluster" about him.

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173352#Comment_1173352

    -Halloween added to the game the most game-breaking perk in the history of the game. Also, one of the maps which is most prone to being abused with specific perks thanks to its hideous design and geometry.

    -Of flesh and mud added to the game the concept of removable perks.

    -Left behind added to the game two of the most obnoxious and problematic perks in the history of this game.

    -Spark of madness added to the game a hideous map and a completely unnecessary speed boost perk that, for a while, could be stacked with others.

    -A lullaby for the dark added to the game a horrible map and a very problematic perk in terms of abusing to exploit the maps' geometry.

    -Leatherface added to the game and extremely questionable map.

    -A nightmare on Elm Street added to the game a map that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...).

    -Saw added a shoddily designed map that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...). It also made, even if just for a while, flashlight and pallet-saves even more braindead easy to perform than they already were.

    -Shattered bloodline added a hideously designed map, that is also conveniently fit for Blendettes, and a busted perk to make that other, specific, already unbelievably overpowered, perk, even more unbearable.

    -Darkness among us added to the game a detestable map and several, completely unnecessary, nerfs to a category of perks that was already laughable as it was before the update.

    -Demise of the fateful brought in the game yet another hideous map and a perk that renders interacting with environment potentially dangerous for a specific side.

    -Ash V the evil dead added to the game two potentially problematic perks and one that was even more broken and busted than that other perk that was added with the Halloween update.

    -Stranger things threw into this mess yet another horrendous map, that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...).

    -Cursed legacy added two other potentially problematic perks.

    -Chains of hate added to the pile yet another detestable map and three questionable perks, one of which re-adds to the game a broken element that was acknowledged as such by the developers themselves and thus removed in a previous update.

    Oh so you're just biased.

    K then

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173352#Comment_1173352

    -Halloween added to the game the most game-breaking perk in the history of the game. Also, one of the maps which is most prone to being abused with specific perks thanks to its hideous design and geometry.

    -Of flesh and mud added to the game the concept of removable perks.

    -Left behind added to the game two of the most obnoxious and problematic perks in the history of this game.

    -Spark of madness added to the game a hideous map and a completely unnecessary speed boost perk that, for a while, could be stacked with others.

    -A lullaby for the dark added to the game a horrible map and a very problematic perk in terms of abusing to exploit the maps' geometry.

    -Leatherface added to the game and extremely questionable map.

    -A nightmare on Elm Street added to the game a map that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...).

    -Saw added a shoddily designed map that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...). It also made, even if just for a while, flashlight and pallet-saves even more braindead easy to perform than they already were.

    -Shattered bloodline added a hideously designed map, that is also conveniently fit for Blendettes, and a busted perk to make that other, specific, already unbelievably overpowered, perk, even more unbearable.

    -Darkness among us added to the game a detestable map and several, completely unnecessary, nerfs to a category of perks that was already laughable as it was before the update.

    -Demise of the fateful brought in the game yet another hideous map and a perk that renders interacting with environment potentially dangerous for a specific side.

    -Ash V the evil dead added to the game two potentially problematic perks and one that was even more broken and busted than that other perk that was added with the Halloween update.

    -Stranger things threw into this mess yet another horrendous map, that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...).

    -Cursed legacy added two other potentially problematic perks.

    -Chains of hate added to the pile yet another detestable map and three questionable perks, one of which re-adds to the game a broken element that was acknowledged as such by the developers themselves and thus removed in a previous update.

    You straight up hate every map, eh?

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1173350#Comment_1173350

    i Was trying to prove how stupid of a argument it was lol I’m not actually being serious but I do think he is the worst killer in the game

    Except he's not. And there's no such thing as a stupid argument, just agree to disagree like a reasonable person. Thanks.

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    He’s the weakest killer in the game in my opinion

    He can't be the weakest when Clown exists.

  • I love Dead Dog Saloon personally. The Killer is mediocre and the perks are god-awful though, so I'm definitely avoiding this DLC.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    The more I view this dlc the more I realize it's probably the worst dlc in dbd soo far

    Deathslinger- Fun killer to play as, but the most boring to go against, where nothing of him seems unique, since he looks like a typical npc from red dead redemption. His only unique aspect is his gun, and his leg, nothing else is unique about him, compared to the other killers. His power is horrible to go against since even if you do break the chain you still get to mend, would be fine if you got injured, but you also need to mend even if he doesn't hit you?

    Deathslinger perks are some of the worst perks-

    Gearhead works as Discordance but you are dependent on a skillcheck appearing, and even then you have a limited time for it to happen

    Dead Man's switch- Works as a sort of thrilling threamours but it relies on hooking the obsession AND the survivors to stop fixing a generator, which to be honest would only happen if the generator is either half way or the survivor is desperated to go for the save

    Hex: retribution - I am not even sure what even is the point of this perk, since for it to really work you would have to either be close to someone allready cleansing and wait for them to finish a totem, or simply using it against a survivor that is not paying attention

    Zarina- Another boring looking survivor, nothing much unique about her, with some boring perks

    Off the record- Literally iron will and distortion mixed together with the condition that you have to be unhooked and it only allows it to happen for over 1 minute

    Red hearing- Works fine for the first time but after that the killer won't fall for it again, sure you can use it to bait the killer to a generator but pretty weak perk

    For the people- Only decent perk this dlc, really strong if used correctly and can be broken at the end game

    The map- looks amazing, too bad it's a small map, where everything is in the middle of the map, where everything around is empty without a single pallet, just bushes and cactus to hide on

    Would love to hear your opinions on this, and remember this is just my opinion

    Dead Dawg Saloon is not a small map

  • It's easy to patrol gens on, it's a little bigger than the Chapel, which is the perfect map size. Smaller maps are better.

  • I love the Legion but Darkness Among Us was the worst chapter.


    The concept of the legion.

    Even though I personally think this is stupid and the community jumping to conclusions. Lots of people were annoyed at the theme of the Killer instead of being a killer with split personality or people fused into one.

    It's literally just four random separate teenage friends with an edge complex.


    Legion gameplay.

    Initial Legion was very weak but incredibly broken at the same time.

    Not broken in terms of being strong of a broken in terms of having absolutely no counterplay.

    If Legion was chasing you, you were going to go down no matter what your skill level you can probably distract them for 5 minutes but ya still were going down just because of how the power work.

    Essentially they managed to do the impossible of having an incredibly underpowered and weak killer be absolutely broken at the same time.


    Map

    Mount Ormond I don't have to even begin to explain how much of a travesty this map is. I love it based on design I like snow Maps but gameplay wise it's awful.


    Jeff.

    With the exception of Adam the most forgettable survivor in the game.

    His perks are very meh

    His design is meh


    Backstory.

    Both legion and Jeff had pretty standard backstories with some interesting elements here and there but nothing special.


    Legion have an interesting dynamic and their backstory but besides Frank the others aren't really fleshed out that much debatably Susie is probably the next most fleshed out. (I can't really blame them too much they had to flesh out four different characters so I am curious on how they will handle their archives)

    Jeff is pretty standard nothing honestly too special

    Fated Encounter.

    I get it this is the first time it happened that the killer and the survivor have a genuine confirmed connection.

    ( It's not location-based like Nea and Nurse, inspiration based like Feng Min and doctor)

    But Jeff and most likely just Frank having one encounter is not all that special are positive but not enough to bring the backstory to top tier levels.

  • Scary cowboy DLC only offered a reasonable survivor perk but wasn't good unfortunately

  • @ChiTenshi said:

    I'd say the Leatherface DLC is the worse, you only get that DLC for BBQ & Chilli but even then why waste your money when you can get it from the Shrine of Secrets.

    I mean Fraklin's are KO are perfectly usable perks, less swf comes into play.

  • Legion was falsely marketed

    that alone makes it the worst by default

    not to mention how long it took to fix him

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    The more I view this dlc the more I realize it's probably the worst dlc in dbd soo far

    Deathslinger- Fun killer to play as, but the most boring to go against, where nothing of him seems unique, since he looks like a typical npc from red dead redemption. His only unique aspect is his gun, and his leg, nothing else is unique about him, compared to the other killers. His power is horrible to go against since even if you do break the chain you still get to mend, would be fine if you got injured, but you also need to mend even if he doesn't hit you?

    Deathslinger perks are some of the worst perks-

    Gearhead works as Discordance but you are dependent on a skillcheck appearing, and even then you have a limited time for it to happen

    Dead Man's switch- Works as a sort of thrilling threamours but it relies on hooking the obsession AND the survivors to stop fixing a generator, which to be honest would only happen if the generator is either half way or the survivor is desperated to go for the save

    Hex: retribution - I am not even sure what even is the point of this perk, since for it to really work you would have to either be close to someone allready cleansing and wait for them to finish a totem, or simply using it against a survivor that is not paying attention

    Zarina- Another boring looking survivor, nothing much unique about her, with some boring perks

    Off the record- Literally iron will and distortion mixed together with the condition that you have to be unhooked and it only allows it to happen for over 1 minute

    Red hearing- Works fine for the first time but after that the killer won't fall for it again, sure you can use it to bait the killer to a generator but pretty weak perk

    For the people- Only decent perk this dlc, really strong if used correctly and can be broken at the end game

    The map- looks amazing, too bad it's a small map, where everything is in the middle of the map, where everything around is empty without a single pallet, just bushes and cactus to hide on

    Would love to hear your opinions on this, and remember this is just my opinion

    Nah Hex Retribution has provied so much cover, especially if you use it with Haunted Ground, His other 2 perks aren't the greatest though.

    and yes it applies mend because if the survivor breaks it, the death slinger is stunned. He has his Unique music and what not, i personally think he's cool.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1171680#Comment_1171680

    But Nurse's Calling is such a good perk! And Nurse is really fun to play... after getting over that massive hump in learning how to get the blinks to work. :)

    her speed addon makes her scary

1 2 3