If you are going to bring breakable walls in Killer shack across all maps will leave the game

I just dont understand the idea behind bringing a breakable wall in killer shack. It is completely unnecessary given it's a wonderful design and the loop is decent within it and not at all OP. Just for the record, once the pallet is down you eliminate strong loops so why would you insert a breakable wall then as u have just killed the fun inside of the shack. Please reconsider this and I hope sincerely other maps having killer shack not to resemble this new Mao's one. Otherwise, I am afraid that I will be leaving this game cuz Dead by Daylight has lost its iconic design and killed the fun in the game. Please let me have your thoughts on this. Not to mention that the new map having no legit loops. It makes me want to have the killer killing me right from the start because I wont enjoy those nonsense design loops.

Comments

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/132075/if-you-are-going-to-bring-breakable-walls-in-killer-shack-across-all-maps-will-leave-the-game

    Two sentences and I can already tell you never play killer. The only way you are downing someone at shack is if you have a perk too stop the pallet/window or the survivor made a mistake. The killer shack won't be such a crutch when the wall is breakable.

    This is why you gotta play both sides, because then you'll know what is an actual problem or not, and this is not a problem.

    Yeah this post is a perfect example of the attitude of this forum.

    Killer shack can easily be mindgamed. The person you’re replying to likely does play killer however the difference is they have learned how to get a hit at shack, you haven’t. So there’s no need to start making accusations about how they don’t play killer.

    It would still be better off mindgaming it anyway to get the hit, rather than breaking the wall and having the survivor run to the next loop. All this wall does is balance the game for rank 15s.

    Having said that survivors get dead hard to cover distance when they mess up a loop anywayso who knows maybe this is just the equivalent. Sucks when one side can just take the skill out of the game.

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/132075/if-you-are-going-to-bring-breakable-walls-in-killer-shack-across-all-maps-will-leave-the-game

    Loops are boring. I want them shortened and de-emphasized. With how quickly a survivor's objective can be completed these days I'm all for the killer shack (and other potentially long loops) being weakened. Survivor safe spaces need to go if gen speeds aren't going to get touched. And if the breakable walls make people like you leave? That's just a bonus.

    I agree that loops are so annoying and people talk about gens getting done way to fast. Well when you get looped then greens really get done too quick. So I agree with fixing the lip problems c and Antoine That cries about it just breeds to get Better at the game. And I’m not being mean but I don’t think one or even ten people leaving the game because of it is going to even bother the devs one bit. So bring it on I main survivor. Killer sometimes and I’m excited for this challenge. Ty

  • Omg I’m so sorry I wrote my last comment half sleep and I read it and it’s not understandable. All I was saying is fixing the loop is smart so a whole gen doesn’t get done by the time you finally catch them. I main survivor and I’m excited for this challenge bring it on. When will people stop crying about everything the devs do no matter what it is. Thanks devs

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/132075/if-you-are-going-to-bring-breakable-walls-in-killer-shack-across-all-maps-will-leave-the-game

    Loops are boring. I want them shortened and de-emphasized. With how quickly a survivor's objective can be completed these days I'm all for the killer shack (and other potentially long loops) being weakened. Survivor safe spaces need to go if gen speeds aren't going to get touched. And if the breakable walls make people like you leave? That's just a bonus.

    I mean they’re addressing toolboxes too, not that I’m opposed to breakable walls just saying. They are addressing gen speed...

  • There are many zones of absolute safety, enough's enough.

  • Did anyone notice that the breakable wall almost makes no difference in many cases? When the pallet is dropped and you run counter clockwise, you still need to break it. The hole doesn't help you to "surround" the pallet

  • @Deadeye said:

    Did anyone notice that the breakable wall almost makes no difference in many cases? When the pallet is dropped and you run counter clockwise, you still need to break it. The hole doesn't help you to "surround" the pallet

    Wow look at that.

    Someones found a counterplay instead of threatening to leave because 1 zone got slightly more dangerous.

    I swear this ######### is rarer than a unicorn.

  • I don't see any problem with the breakable wall. The wall takes time to break, the god pallet is a waste if not used efficiently. as for me playing both surv and killer i don't have any complaints about the breakable wall.

    on the other hand though the gen speeds is too fast. being looped for 3-4 mins will pop 3 gens. being hooked on the first minutes of the game is just frustrating some people dc, a lot of Monto's games survs dc like on the first hook, feeling helpless. Suggesting to have exclusive skills for survs and nerf the gen speeds/toolbox or just increase the repair time.

  • And by the way it's either we adapt to the new mechanics or quit. simple truth.

  • @Hamoodbuffon said:

    I just dont understand the idea behind bringing a breakable wall in killer shack. It is completely unnecessary given it's a wonderful design and the loop is decent within it and not at all OP. Just for the record, once the pallet is down you eliminate strong loops so why would you insert a breakable wall then as u have just killed the fun inside of the shack. Please reconsider this and I hope sincerely other maps having killer shack not to resemble this new Mao's one. Otherwise, I am afraid that I will be leaving this game cuz Dead by Daylight has lost its iconic design and killed the fun in the game. Please let me have your thoughts on this. Not to mention that the new map having no legit loops. It makes me want to have the killer killing me right from the start because I wont enjoy those nonsense design loops.

    dude every killer hates the killer shack because its not fun nor fair, and besides, no killer likes to be looped.

  • Idc if they make killer shacks walls to be breakable it makes you learn new loops and I love trying to find out new loops

  • I do not understand the whole thing, cause theres nothing why killers shouldnt break them regardless of the situation. they could have just fixed the loops instead of "trying to hotfix" them like this.

  • @bean said:

    Idc if they make killer shacks walls to be breakable it makes you learn new loops and I love trying to find out new loops

    There are no new loops, they just erase existing ones.

  • @Frankie said:

    Oh no! I might actually have to mind game the god pallet! What ever shall I do!

    OH no WHAT EVER WILL WE DO

  • @Hamoodbuffon said:

    I just dont understand the idea behind bringing a breakable wall in killer shack. It is completely unnecessary given it's a wonderful design and the loop is decent within it and not at all OP. Just for the record, once the pallet is down you eliminate strong loops so why would you insert a breakable wall then as u have just killed the fun inside of the shack. Please reconsider this and I hope sincerely other maps having killer shack not to resemble this new Mao's one. Otherwise, I am afraid that I will be leaving this game cuz Dead by Daylight has lost its iconic design and killed the fun in the game. Please let me have your thoughts on this. Not to mention that the new map having no legit loops. It makes me want to have the killer killing me right from the start because I wont enjoy those nonsense design loops.

    One further note to add, normally you have basement in a killershack, so that makes it high risk high reward since it's a mindgamable looping area. So now u insert a breakable wall which makes the survivors completely forget about trying to loop the killer in that area. Please reconsider this. I do however agree to bring breakable walls to God Loops in some maps but then again please dont touch the jungle gens, Tand L, killer shack and other small area legit loops where u can mind game the killer.

    Hope I delivered the right message to Devs

  • Not sure why this is the hill you want to die on.

    Personally the d/c penalty was a greater grievance because it was implemented without addressing the underlying issues (understanding the underlying issues?) that lead to people wanting to d/c in the first place.

    The decision for breakable walls is along the lines of what I expect from the devs.

    Historically the devs have nerfed survivor due to the complete mismanagement of swf at release. However, recently the devs have been nerfing a lot of killer aspects because the metric they've been using (2 escapes, 2 kills) due to kills being up around 70%.

    Now look at the collective killer nerd rage surrounding those nerfs. I'm still seeing posts about the nurse nerf, a killer that should never have been introduced in the game to begin with. Long story short killers have never had to deal with any meaning nerfs until recently and they have lost their collective minds as a result.

    Couple that killers generally not having to deal with any legitimate push back and suddenly you see the quandary were all in.

    So long as the survivor numbers hold up and killers don't have to wait too long, we'll keep seeing changes like this.

    I'm more surprised that your surprised.

  • @Hamoodbuffon said:

    I just dont understand the idea behind bringing a breakable wall in killer shack. It is completely unnecessary given it's a wonderful design and the loop is decent within it and not at all OP. Just for the record, once the pallet is down you eliminate strong loops so why would you insert a breakable wall then as u have just killed the fun inside of the shack. Please reconsider this and I hope sincerely other maps having killer shack not to resemble this new Mao's one. Otherwise, I am afraid that I will be leaving this game cuz Dead by Daylight has lost its iconic design and killed the fun in the game. Please let me have your thoughts on this. Not to mention that the new map having no legit loops. It makes me want to have the killer killing me right from the start because I wont enjoy those nonsense design loops.

    There is no point wining about lore meeting up with gameplay. Since when was the Entity on the survivor's side? There are decided balancing changes that you must adapt to. For too long has the game not been scary. It's easy to survive and challenging for the killer. I cannot be biased due to playing both ends. Why would the Entity make it easy for the survivors in a supposed horror survival game? The "killer shack", home of the god pallet, is amazingly the killer's property. Get used to life getting tougher on one end to balance the grand scheme in this ritual you participate in. Complaining instead of adapting will leave you quitting every battle. Get better. Find better combinations. Learn to survive alone if you must. However don't quit because you don't like new change. Sometimes life gets rebranded into things you don't view in such a way. Is the killer slugging or are they optimizing play to get less escapes? Are they face camping the hook? Maybe Matthew is right in they are defending the hook while aware someone is close to a save. Perspective and adaptation will lead you to victory. My suggestion is that you run fixated and urban to mind game as a survivor better.

  • If they truly wanted to balance shack, they would have closed off the walls (make them not see through) instead of making the window useless.

    Since that breakable wall makes shack "balanced", I would really like it if someone here could explain what survivors can do with that window, against any decent killer, once that wall is broken.

  • Now you know what killers feel


    Bye then

  • @OffensiveHumor said:

    It's probably gonna take a long ass time to break the wall anyways, it's not like it's gonna be as fast as breaking a pallet, calm down man

    Ha I'm pretty sure it's the exact same time as breaking a pallet though it may be slightly different. If it is it's still not that different

  • imagine thinking that shack isn't one of the best places to loop even without the god pallet. for real tho you can easily loop that place at least twice before needing to throw down the pallet and even then its often better to take the hit for the speed boast to another loop or to simply avoid using it's pallet early in the game.

  • There are already a ######### ton of too safe loops in the game and you can basically run the killer from pallet to pallet until all 5 gens are done, that is if you're a decent survivor. If you're a potato nothing's gonna save you.

  • @Hamoodbuffon said:

    I just dont understand the idea behind bringing a breakable wall in killer shack. It is completely unnecessary given it's a wonderful design and the loop is decent within it and not at all OP. Just for the record, once the pallet is down you eliminate strong loops so why would you insert a breakable wall then as u have just killed the fun inside of the shack. Please reconsider this and I hope sincerely other maps having killer shack not to resemble this new Mao's one. Otherwise, I am afraid that I will be leaving this game cuz Dead by Daylight has lost its iconic design and killed the fun in the game. Please let me have your thoughts on this. Not to mention that the new map having no legit loops. It makes me want to have the killer killing me right from the start because I wont enjoy those nonsense design loops.

    After the ruin nerf I feel stuff like this is fair for killers because without ruin games go by and it's really boring wasting time at long loops

  • Killer Shack is one of the most interesting loops for both sides. Why would devs mess with that?

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/132075/if-you-are-going-to-bring-breakable-walls-in-killer-shack-across-all-maps-will-leave-the-game

    Loops are boring. I want them shortened and de-emphasized. With how quickly a survivor's objective can be completed these days I'm all for the killer shack (and other potentially long loops) being weakened. Survivor safe spaces need to go if gen speeds aren't going to get touched. And if the breakable walls make people like you leave? That's just a bonus.

    Oh no God forbid a part of the game is "boring to you". What ever shall we do? shut up bro

  • While I wouldn't mind if the killer shacks of older maps didn't get any breakable wall, or at least not between the vault and pallet, that's a weird reason to leave this game honestly.

    Also, are you really complaining about the new map not having safe pallets like some of the older maps? Do you think killer players enjoy just running survivors around loops and then breaking pallets once dropped with no counterplay at all? Pallets are not supposed to be safe spots where, once the pallet is dropped, you are safe from the killer until the killer breaks the pallet.

    The new map actually seems really balanced, the pallet loops on that map allow for mindgames, so that both survivor and killer have counterplay at those loops.

  • Think about it from a different angle - as an extra pallet. Killer is chasing you around the shack and decides to break a wall, you can just make distance on him as you would if he was breaking shack pallet and it reset bloodlust.

  • Okay bye see you never again hosta la vista bye bye

  • @Hamoodbuffon said:

    I just dont understand the idea behind bringing a breakable wall in killer shack. It is completely unnecessary given it's a wonderful design and the loop is decent within it and not at all OP. Just for the record, once the pallet is down you eliminate strong loops so why would you insert a breakable wall then as u have just killed the fun inside of the shack. Please reconsider this and I hope sincerely other maps having killer shack not to resemble this new Mao's one. Otherwise, I am afraid that I will be leaving this game cuz Dead by Daylight has lost its iconic design and killed the fun in the game. Please let me have your thoughts on this. Not to mention that the new map having no legit loops. It makes me want to have the killer killing me right from the start because I wont enjoy those nonsense design loops.

    I really think the killer shack should be a killer sided loop especially since it has the name “KILLER” in it

  • @siren_sorceress said:

    The shack should be a god loop. It's very often the home to the basement which can be very lethal to survivors if the killer camps it. I thought that was the whole point. It's a strong building for both players.

    So if theres no basement there, let's make no pallet there?

    Or only have breakable walls OR basement there? So both sides are still decently even. Either basement and no breakable, so it's a risky loop; or no basement and breakable so it's a useless loop compared to normal use.

  • It's the killers shack, why can't they renovate it if they want?

  • God pallets and god windows shouldn't exist. They only affect already weak killers and don't lead to skillful interaction between players.

  • Yes, op.

    There are far worse god-loops than killer shack, those should get a breakable wall instead; perhaps BHVR is just testing stuff.

    Idk why people think the one main god-loop of the game (which has counterplay) should be so heavily nerfed.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1112481#Comment_1112481

    Yeah this post is a perfect example of the attitude of this forum.

    Killer shack can easily be mindgamed. The person you’re replying to likely does play killer however the difference is they have learned how to get a hit at shack, you haven’t. So there’s no need to start making accusations about how they don’t play killer.

    It would still be better off mindgaming it anyway to get the hit, rather than breaking the wall and having the survivor run to the next loop. All this wall does is balance the game for rank 15s.

    Having said that survivors get dead hard to cover distance when they mess up a loop anywayso who knows maybe this is just the equivalent. Sucks when one side can just take the skill out of the game.

    If someone is leaving because the god loop becomes counterable, they most likely don't play killer ever. "attitude of the forums" when most people in this thread agree with me saying that the loop needed counterplay and it's silly too leave the game because of it. Don't have too agree with me but at the end of the day the dude clearly doesn't play killer, or else he would know that it's called "the god loop" for a reason lol.

  • @CrassardStreams said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1112454#Comment_1112454

    Ironworks, any Coldwind Map but the Rancid Abbot in particular, Haddonfield, there's plenty of stronger loops than the shack lol. The Game's bathroom is one of them too before the gen is done. If they wont' fix gens I hope they fix looping so it's not just "oh ######### they're all going for the infinite and I'm not a trapper/insta-down/map-crossing levels of mobility killer. Guess it's GG.

    I literally explained what I meant by best loop. It's the best for both sides. Because it is strong with plenty of potential to mind game. Yes there are stronger loops. But that's not what I was talking about.

  • @Hamoodbuffon said:

    I just dont understand the idea behind bringing a breakable wall in killer shack. It is completely unnecessary given it's a wonderful design and the loop is decent within it and not at all OP. Just for the record, once the pallet is down you eliminate strong loops so why would you insert a breakable wall then as u have just killed the fun inside of the shack. Please reconsider this and I hope sincerely other maps having killer shack not to resemble this new Mao's one. Otherwise, I am afraid that I will be leaving this game cuz Dead by Daylight has lost its iconic design and killed the fun in the game. Please let me have your thoughts on this. Not to mention that the new map having no legit loops. It makes me want to have the killer killing me right from the start because I wont enjoy those nonsense design loops.

    Sad to see you leave lol

  • This is not an airport you do not have to announce your arrival or departure.

    @Hamoodbuffon said:

    I just dont understand the idea behind bringing a breakable wall in killer shack. It is completely unnecessary given it's a wonderful design and the loop is decent within it and not at all OP. Just for the record, once the pallet is down you eliminate strong loops so why would you insert a breakable wall then as u have just killed the fun inside of the shack. Please reconsider this and I hope sincerely other maps having killer shack not to resemble this new Mao's one. Otherwise, I am afraid that I will be leaving this game cuz Dead by Daylight has lost its iconic design and killed the fun in the game. Please let me have your thoughts on this. Not to mention that the new map having no legit loops. It makes me want to have the killer killing me right from the start because I wont enjoy those nonsense design loops.


  • Like you don't have 46 other god loops you could run

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1112745#Comment_1112745

    So if theres no basement there, let's make no pallet there?

    Or only have breakable walls OR basement there? So both sides are still decently even. Either basement and no breakable, so it's a risky loop; or no basement and breakable so it's a useless loop compared to normal use.

    I guess but I mean some maps like the indoor maps dont even have a shack but still a basement. It really depends on the map. Shack is really needed on the boat swamp map or shelter woods bc it's small and has a lot of dead zones. But many other maps are already strong and dont really need the shack like ormond or ironworks or Oni's new map. Itd be nice if they used it on the larger, gym heavy maps.

  • As someone who plays a lot of killer I think the breakable walls would be much better used to address the pseudo infinites that exist on other maps. Most good killers should not struggle on shack as it has a simple mindgame. Maze tiles don't need breakable walls because again good killers can mindgame these and get quick hits. Breakable walls make tiles and shack extremely unsafe and way too easy.

  • (Apologies if I double posted to this post. Can't remember)


    If a simple thing like that is going to make you quit then go ahead and leave, no one will miss you. Any survivor like that (and Killer's too when it comes to certain things) should leave this game. "Ugh, I can no longer just run and loop Killers, well better leave than get better!"

    I play both sides of the game and honestly I think this will be a nice addition to the game; for two reasons.

    1) It'll force both Parties to rethink their tactics and work on new mind games.

    2) The game easily get stagnant when you're grinding out for BP and the Tome because its always the same thing: Loop this pallet, Loop this window, Loop etc" Now, the game can change at any point during the match.


    I've watched the PTBs and I don't see a problem that's so major it warrants quitting the game.

  • Well leave man lol, we killers had to deal with gen Rush every game in red ranks without the possibility to do something bout it, but we don't leave the game... U know why? It's just the game are, u don't like it? Leave, the game will still have a lot of players with or without you. My recommendation is. If u can't adapt to the game, play another one, there is a lot of games out there but if you gonna stay, play the game period.

  • Survivor mains: the shack has the god pallet, just run to it and start looping! Play mind games!


    Killer mains: the shack has the ****ing god pallet survivors can loop and two gens will pop before the ****ing chase ends!


    Me: the shack has the basement!! I GOTTA GET AWAY FROM IT!!!

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Except killer shack is actually probably the best loop on any map. By which I mean it's strong, but has tons of mind game potential.

    Hardly. The shack is used to loop over and over again unless you have not spotted that there are gaps in the walls which you can see through. There is next to no mindgame potential.

    It is used to waste time. End of

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1112459#Comment_1112459

    That's why I said it's strong, but mind gameable. There are a ton of fake outs you can use.

    Have you not noticed that both killers and survs can see though those walls in the shack?

    Its either going in circles and getting rid of the pallet and waiting for BL, or wait for them to leave or hide your stain at which point they can still see you through the gaps.

    The shack is one of the strongest loops and it is used to waste time.

  • @Frankie said:

    Oh no! I might actually have to mind game the god pallet! What ever shall I do!

    According to him make 3 poor survivors have to do the work of 4th cuz i guarantee this guy used to DC before penalties

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    Survivor nerf-DEVS CATER TO THE KILLERS!

    Killer nerf-OMG DEVS CATER TO THE SURVIVORS OMHAGH

    I saw a forum where survivors told killers to grow up after people had concern with the ruin nerf, i said id go back and tell the spoiled survivor it was a rare occasion and that survivor mains complain all the time, however i cant find said forum

1 2 3