The Archive's TOME is FRUSTRATING and UNFUN

Honestly, I found Tome I to be a lot more fun than this one.


It has taken me 4 games so far and only managed to get 6/15 Unhooks

It took me 3 games to try and get the Dark Sense challenge

Took me 5 games to get 20 emblems of gold or more.

It was mainly due to going with and against smart and senseful survivors, that aren't potato.


I played about 2-4 games per hour.


How the actual heck is this meant for your average gamer? It took me 3 hours to do 3 challenges and it was darn unfun. I don't expect to complete this within a day or even 2, but 3 hours for that long? It wasn't even because they're hard, they're just too grindy, and long, and it's irriating having to compete with other survivors for these objectives


@Peanits This isn't really "average gamer" friendly and quite frankly a little frustrating with how too grindy it is.


You guys should really listen to your community. Hirez is a perfect example of understanding players are not happy with super-grindy passes and should act immediately on that dissatisfaction

185 votes and 259 comments so far on Reddit


Comments

  • i think for me, personally the rewards are not good or the best for what you have to do with the tomes, the free rewards should be more worth it.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834370#Comment_834370

    That goes with any company, wait and make informed decisions before blindly paying for something.

    What is your goal here?

    • Is it too support BVHR?
    • To criticise them?
    • To inform other players of the situation?
    • To belittle players for trusting BHVR?

    What is your goal?

  • @ChiTenshi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834389#Comment_834389

    What is your goal here?

    • Is it too support BVHR?
    • To criticise them?
    • To inform other players of the situation?
    • To belittle players for trusting BHVR?

    What is your goal?

    I am supporting BHVR in this case mainly because so many people call this battle pass predatory and it is not. They made it completely optional and even have a free rift which will also show your progress on the paid rift if you choose to unlock it. The fact that they let you wait until the end to unlock it and still gives you all of your rewards is the opposite of predatory.

    I also am not trying to belittle anyone, maybe just giving some life advice that you shouldn't take any company's word for anything, just do some homework and make informed decisions.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834427#Comment_834427

    I am supporting BHVR in this case mainly because so many people call this battle pass predatory and it is not. They made it completely optional and even have a free rift which will also show your progress on the paid rift if you choose to unlock it. The fact that they let you wait until the end to unlock it and still gives you all of your rewards is the opposite of predatory.

    I also am not trying to belittle anyone, maybe just giving some life advice that you shouldn't take any company's word for anything, just do some homework and make informed decisions.

    You are completely ignoring the psychological manipulation that comes with this kind of monetization. Is there an option to just turn off the battle pass? No, it is shoved in your face at the end of every game. Multiple pieces of the same outfit are far apart. The rift is incredibly grindy to complete. What is the goal here? They want you to not only pay for the rift, but pay for the tiers. That is the entire objective of a battle pass.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833993#Comment_833993

    Oh... have you never been a part of the smash community? Or sonic? Or undertale? Or pokemon (at least currently) ?

    Undertale? You're claiming the Undertale community is whiney? Where the hell did that come from?

  • @pemberley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834089#Comment_834089

    There is a huge difference between rising to a challenge and roadblocking your progress. People do not mind a challenge - that’s why Bloodborne and Dark Souls is so popular. What people DON’T like is when something is so difficult, it either requires the blessing of RNGesus or so much time, stress, and energy that it literally sucks the fun right out of it. This is why people HATE the Wolfenstein Mein Leben trophy.

    These so called challenges after the first level are categorically part of the latter. It’s a blatant swipe at your wallet.

    Which of the challenges in the current Tome fall into this description though? They are all doable and none of them actually rely on rng to get completed as far as I can tell.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834370#Comment_834370

    That goes with any company, wait and make informed decisions before blindly paying for something.

    Not really. If everyone went by that basis, promising games that are publicly funded would never start and games being developed or are developing would never get the hype or money to maintain a good game.

    A degree of trust is needed, or only big game companies would only ever exist.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834490#Comment_834490

    You are completely ignoring the psychological manipulation that comes with this kind of monetization. Is there an option to just turn off the battle pass? No, it is shoved in your face at the end of every game. Multiple pieces of the same outfit are far apart. The rift is incredibly grindy to complete. What is the goal here? They want you to not only pay for the rift, but pay for the tiers. That is the entire objective of a battle pass.

    I guess I am ignoring the psychological manipulation because I am used to it. Isn't every commercial made to try and manipulate you into buying their product?

    The rift is grindy, but isn't that like the rest of the game? This actually mixes it up more in conjunction with the archives. Of course they want you to buy the rift, that is the goal of companies.

    Why wouldn't they offer options to buy tiers, there are probably people that want that, so providing that is a no brainer.

    BHVR is not a charity, they need to make money to keep the game alive and to grow. The fact that they find ways to do this without forcing it on anyone is great in my opinion. As long as they don't ever lock people out for not buying the bp then i am fine with it.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834327#Comment_834327

    Undertale? You're claiming the Undertale community is whiney? Where the hell did that come from?

    Were you around when people started playing it and people were complaining in every single video that you cant kill anyone?

    Currently it's fine...but during those days...damn...

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834529#Comment_834529

    Were you around when people started playing it and people were complaining in every single video that you cant kill anyone?

    Currently it's fine...but during those days...damn...

    Was there some beta version I missed? Cause you can kill everyone. Hell, that's a huge story plot.

  • The major PIA of these things is the "Complete in a single trial" aspect. Most of them require a leprechaun up your arse to pull off in a single trial.

  • @StardustSpeedway said:

    Well, I take my previous comment back. I'm actually halfway done with tome 2. I managed to get the dark sense challenge done on my first try. Bond + a tool box is a must.

    Same thing happened to me. I was hesitant to pick this challenge then got it done first match, then put dark sense away until the next tome

  • The Archive Challenges are overperforming...

  • @Keene_Kills said:

    The major PIA of these things is the "Complete in a single trial" aspect. Most of them require a leprechaun up your arse to pull off in a single trial.

    Right, they aren’t all about being good. You have to hope the killer and/or your teammates don’t screw your over by doing your objective too or DC

    As killer someone will be impossible if even one survivor DCs at anytime

  • I feel so frustrated about tome 2.

    Stun the killer with a pallet twice..

    Should be easy, but not when every killer respects pallets like crazy.

    And all those heals... omg


    Thank you i feel better now, getting that out of my system

  • So many people are complaining about "gen grabbing" survivors for the challenge. You can complete this challenge by grabbing them from a window during a chase, or as they are entering/leaving a locker also. The only requirement is to "interrupt a survivor by grabbing them". Don't overthink it.

    Edit - also pallet grabs and hook grabs. There's actually quite a few different ways to complete that one.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I swear, I have NEVER seen a gaming community that whiny like the DBD Community. Maybe the Devs should remove the Rift and Archives alltogether, because apparently DBD players just want to have their standard games all the time without any variation what you can do or achieve.

    First of all, you dont need to do ANY of the Archive Challenges. If you think they are unfun - ignore them. Then you also dont need to cry about them.

    Second, they are not meant to be done in one game (or in the first game you play with this challenges active). I mean, what do you expect how many games you will need to get 20 Gold Emblems? With 4 Emblems per game? 20:4=5. This is the minimum, you got the MInimum. Cool.

    15 Unhooks will come eventually. You can ######### over games to get those done, but you have time. If they would be done so fast, it would be like the Level 1-Challenges: You finish them in a few hours and then you are left with 12 days of waiting. The Level 2-Challenges are all reasonable and not really difficult.

    So, just play, ffs. Dont care that much about the challenges, two weeks until the next Level opens, around 50 days until the Rift closes. More than enough time to make it enjoyable instead of sweating and thinking this has to be done ASAP.

    It wouldn't be much of a problem if it didn't affect normal gameplay if you're not doing the challenges.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833993#Comment_833993

    It wouldn't be much of a problem if it didn't affect normal gameplay if you're not doing the challenges.

    Makes me not wanna play survivor for a few days when new tome comes out. Survivors who insist on self care even though it’s slower, or other stupid things for the challenge

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834596#Comment_834596

    Was there some beta version I missed? Cause you can kill everyone. Hell, that's a huge story plot.

    I meant playing it on youtube.

    If you weren't playing it "right", people would just complain and whyne... nonstop

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834144#Comment_834144

    The only challenge where you have to take questionable decisions is the self care one, but it is bugged and you just need to heal yourself once, even with a medkit, so that’s fine.

    all the other challenges are perfectly fine - in fact you’ll finish them with no sweat if you play well. If you want to rush them, the problem is you, not the challenges.

    Its not bugged. You have to heal yourself to 2 health states with SC equipped. It doesnt say you need to do it through SC. Same reason why people doing the This Is Not Happening challenge on Level 1 with No Mither were wasting their time.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I swear, I have NEVER seen a gaming community that whiny like the DBD Community. Maybe the Devs should remove the Rift and Archives alltogether, because apparently DBD players just want to have their standard games all the time without any variation what you can do or achieve.

    First of all, you dont need to do ANY of the Archive Challenges. If you think they are unfun - ignore them. Then you also dont need to cry about them.

    Second, they are not meant to be done in one game (or in the first game you play with this challenges active). I mean, what do you expect how many games you will need to get 20 Gold Emblems? With 4 Emblems per game? 20:4=5. This is the minimum, you got the MInimum. Cool.

    15 Unhooks will come eventually. You can ######### over games to get those done, but you have time. If they would be done so fast, it would be like the Level 1-Challenges: You finish them in a few hours and then you are left with 12 days of waiting. The Level 2-Challenges are all reasonable and not really difficult.

    So, just play, ffs. Dont care that much about the challenges, two weeks until the next Level opens, around 50 days until the Rift closes. More than enough time to make it enjoyable instead of sweating and thinking this has to be done ASAP.

    I have a life outside of my computer, especially having classes 6 hours everyday and it not really ending when it gets home.


    So yes, I find it a problem when only 1 challenge is completed within 3-5 games because that's just too grindy for someone with daily responsibility. Especially if it's something like "Unhook X amount of Survivors"


    They intended it for the average gamer to be able to complete "no problem" but that's not the case and I shall complain about so, as I'm unsatisfied and am allowed to show the dissatisfaction on their forum.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834193#Comment_834193

    Its not bugged. You have to heal yourself to 2 health states with SC equipped. It doesnt say you need to do it through SC. Same reason why people doing the This Is Not Happening challenge on Level 1 with No Mither were wasting their time.

    It is bugged, even though it says you need 2 health states, you only need one if you use the self-care. The med-kit one is also bugged and believed you only need to deplete 8 charges to count as "1 med kit" instead of depleting an entire med kit. One of our games, buddy got 3 completed even though only 1 kit was used.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834193#Comment_834193

    Its not bugged. You have to heal yourself to 2 health states with SC equipped. It doesnt say you need to do it through SC. Same reason why people doing the This Is Not Happening challenge on Level 1 with No Mither were wasting their time.

    yes it is bugged, I healed myself only once :)

  • @HatCreature said:

    There are so few Killer challenges this time and they're mostly Master Challenges which is fine as they reward more but there are only 5 Killer challenges, hooray for playing Survivor and WHY does the Killer node END with a SURVIVOR CHALLENGE?!

    I know the Challenges are meant to get progressively harder down the line but some of these are designed to be done through dozens of games or play like ######### to get them done. Use 6 Med-Kits, well if you play Quentin you can start with a Med-Kit and then find a Med-Kit but then you rob everyone of Altrusim points and maybe you'll die before you can use the 2nd one.

    I am not excited for Grabbing 1 Survivor off a Gen, Grabs have been so bad because of the servers that I lose chases because it denied me the grab and they got away; I don't trust that I can get the grab even if I play Ghostface. That's another thing too, ''Grabbing'' can only be done by Licensed stealth Killers and all of those are paid DLC, that challenge requires you to spend money to complete, unless you're a damn GOD with Tinkerer or have a Coxbombed Clapper on Wraith.

    You dont have to grab off a gen...it can be windows, pallets or lockers too

  • @Ksoni said:

    You guys have over 2 weeks to complete each tome. The challenges are harder then last tome, and i like that. I would be dissapointed if every challenge was like "open 2 chests" or "kick the same generator twice". Im glad, that challenges are getting harder and harder.

    I agree...just play the game and they will happen

  • @Shaddai said:

    So many people are complaining about "gen grabbing" survivors for the challenge. You can complete this challenge by grabbing them from a window during a chase, or as they are entering/leaving a locker also. The only requirement is to "interrupt a survivor by grabbing them". Don't overthink it.

    Edit - also pallet grabs and hook grabs. There's actually quite a few different ways to complete that one.

    My fiance selected this challenge and was like "watch how easy this is going to be." Went into a match as The Pig and pulled the first survivor he found off the Gen. I was like "@.@ ######### how even did they let that happen."

    He did it again to the same survivor later on as well, and pulled someone off a pallet. Needless to say it's def doable.

  • @HatCreature You can literally just farm with Survivors to bypass the grab challenge. Just grab one of them while they do a gen.

  • @HatCreature said:

    There are so few Killer challenges this time and they're mostly Master Challenges which is fine as they reward more but there are only 5 Killer challenges, hooray for playing Survivor and WHY does the Killer node END with a SURVIVOR CHALLENGE?!

    I know the Challenges are meant to get progressively harder down the line but some of these are designed to be done through dozens of games or play like ######### to get them done. Use 6 Med-Kits, well if you play Quentin you can start with a Med-Kit and then find a Med-Kit but then you rob everyone of Altrusim points and maybe you'll die before you can use the 2nd one.

    I am not excited for Grabbing 1 Survivor off a Gen, Grabs have been so bad because of the servers that I lose chases because it denied me the grab and they got away; I don't trust that I can get the grab even if I play Ghostface. That's another thing too, ''Grabbing'' can only be done by Licensed stealth Killers and all of those are paid DLC, that challenge requires you to spend money to complete, unless you're a damn GOD with Tinkerer or have a Coxbombed Clapper on Wraith.

    Am I the only one seeing killers be nice asf(lip) so someone give them a grab? I've already had a few and it's kinda sad how far people gotta go lol.

    But, if you play enough, you'll end up in a game where you have the last survivor in endgame collapse from closing the hatch. Just don't give them a chance to do the door until it's at the point of do-or-die...no at the point of do-or-get-stabbed-by-a-#########-floor tentacle-spider-arm-thing and pull them off. Just kinda follow them around and stare at them for a bit. They'll know they're screwed at that point. You'll get an easy grab.

  • @Kralle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834135#Comment_834135

    Well sure. Give us challenges where we are not be forced to play bad.

    How are you forced to play bad?

  • you've obviously not seen people dropping every pallet on the map in a single chase to try and complete challenges faster...

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834193#Comment_834193

    Its not bugged. You have to heal yourself to 2 health states with SC equipped. It doesnt say you need to do it through SC. Same reason why people doing the This Is Not Happening challenge on Level 1 with No Mither were wasting their time.

    I thought the This Is Not Happening one would count great skill checks - regardless of my health but it didn't. It only counted them if I was injured. If you got it some other way then I guess it is bugged?

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    This is what happens when everyone blows through the first level in a weekend and then complained that they had nothing to do. Now they made level 2 so you actually have to work for it and people complain about that. Is this community ever happy about anything???

    I'm happy... They looked at nurse & spirit, and are going to make real addons for billy as one of the next things on the to-do list. It's actually shaping up to be a better curve for killer power-level, which means trapper might get some love next year <3


  • @Shaddai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834764#Comment_834764

    It is bugged, even though it says you need 2 health states, you only need one if you use the self-care. The med-kit one is also bugged and believed you only need to deplete 8 charges to count as "1 med kit" instead of depleting an entire med kit. One of our games, buddy got 3 completed even though only 1 kit was used.

    The deplete medkits challenge is bugged for sure, I got medkit depletion points yesterday playing as Killer.

  • @HatCreature said:

    There are so few Killer challenges this time and they're mostly Master Challenges which is fine as they reward more but there are only 5 Killer challenges, hooray for playing Survivor and WHY does the Killer node END with a SURVIVOR CHALLENGE?!

    I know the Challenges are meant to get progressively harder down the line but some of these are designed to be done through dozens of games or play like ######### to get them done. Use 6 Med-Kits, well if you play Quentin you can start with a Med-Kit and then find a Med-Kit but then you rob everyone of Altrusim points and maybe you'll die before you can use the 2nd one.

    I am not excited for Grabbing 1 Survivor off a Gen, Grabs have been so bad because of the servers that I lose chases because it denied me the grab and they got away; I don't trust that I can get the grab even if I play Ghostface. That's another thing too, ''Grabbing'' can only be done by Licensed stealth Killers and all of those are paid DLC, that challenge requires you to spend money to complete, unless you're a damn GOD with Tinkerer or have a Coxbombed Clapper on Wraith.

    I just play Spirit, pretend I'm in a chase with someone(with distressing) and get gen grabs that way. I get a gen grab a game without prayer beads bracelet.

  • Some challenges can be funny. A crazy Claudette chased me around the map, after she saw that i don' want any heal at the moment. Vaulting through a window, saved my selfheal challenge.

    By reading the emblem challenge I was dissapointed too, because I usually see stats to reflect myself and not as goal of the game.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    This is what happens when everyone blows through the first level in a weekend and then complained that they had nothing to do. Now they made level 2 so you actually have to work for it and people complain about that. Is this community ever happy about anything???

    I didn't make that complaint tbh, and I don't know of anyone who did.


    The 'work' it requires is grind...in a game where all you have to do is grind, endlessly. It's not clever to then make multiple challenges that must be required in one game that are not down to skill, but entirely RNG...and have them block off further progress. No, it's terrible form.


    And on top this, the challenge progress is a buggy mess.


    For the first tome, I had to complete most of the challenges 2 or 3 times before they worked survivor side, and second tome I'm having this issue for both roles. And when some challenges conflict, ie survivors want to be chased and unhooked so they can then unhook that person, so they run object and related perks to try and tilt the killer/draw aggro when at the same time they're up against a trapper trying to get the 4 traps in one game.


    (from experience, although I did get those traps I had to work for it as they all knew where they were most of the time; I had to be sneaky...and then the challenge didn't proc, so I had to do it again)


    Then the challenge that requires you perform a grab interrupt...may as well say 'as the spirit grab a survivor when coming out of phase walk' and we all know people DC for that killer, right or wrong. Yes, I know she's not the only one that can, but she's the only one that's good at it outside of a face camping Doctor and that's just a big fat nope from me.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834135#Comment_834135

    I didn't make that complaint tbh, and I don't know of anyone who did.

    The 'work' it requires is grind...in a game where all you have to do is grind, endlessly. It's not clever to then make multiple challenges that must be required in one game that are not down to skill, but entirely RNG...and have them block off further progress. No, it's terrible form.

    And on top this, the challenge progress is a buggy mess.

    For the first tome, I had to complete most of the challenges 2 or 3 times before they worked survivor side, and second tome I'm having this issue for both roles. And when some challenges conflict, ie survivors want to be chased and unhooked so they can then unhook that person, so they run object and related perks to try and tilt the killer/draw aggro when at the same time they're up against a trapper trying to get the 4 traps in one game.

    (from experience, although I did get those traps I had to work for it as they all knew where they were most of the time; I had to be sneaky...and then the challenge didn't proc, so I had to do it again)

    Then the challenge that requires you perform a grab interrupt...may as well say 'as the spirit grab a survivor when coming out of phase walk' and we all know people DC for that killer, right or wrong. Yes, I know she's not the only one that can, but she's the only one that's good at it outside of a face camping Doctor and that's just a big fat nope from me.

    You can also grab people out of windows or lockers. Most survivors when unhooked run to a locker for DS tech so that’s an easy grab.

  • I mean it's easy to say ignore the rift challenges but you have to remember that other survivors will be doing them as well and so have to deal with that too. Normal games aren't the norm anymore. I like personally am ok with the rift but I can see why people don't like it. Also can we earn iridescent shards for doing these rifts or at least earn more rift shards the higher we go

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838561#Comment_838561

    You can also grab people out of windows or lockers. Most survivors when unhooked run to a locker for DS tech so that’s an easy grab.

    Doesn't change the fact that if you know you're going for a grab, you should just pick spirit; that other ways of grabbing don't matter when the main/most common use of Spirit's phase walking right now is to deny survivors the ability to even get a chase by grabs, so naturally most people will go for that.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    My favourite one so far is "get 200,000 bloodpoints."

    Well, I started at 0 and I'm nearing 600k bloodpoints now, and it's on 150,000.

    Fun.

    this one probably count only the game result, not the points won from offerings or BBQ/WGLF ;)

    I had quite a lot of trouble getting the 10 full heal on teammates since most people will just Self-Care for the challenges, even when i bring We'll Make It and Borrowed Time.

    I thought i would have trouble for the grab one, but i did it in one game. As Pig, i tried to grab but finally started to play the game normally and at one point i was sure that they couldn't win (4 gens and 2 dead/2 injured, with most pallets gone) so i catch one the survivor, made them work on a gen and grab them. then released them and let them farm/escape.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/837875#Comment_837875

    you've obviously not seen people dropping every pallet on the map in a single chase to try and complete challenges faster...

    You obviously don't understand the word "forced". If some jackass tries to drop all the pallets in one match that's his fault, not the devs, not the challenges, not the archives.

  • @thenegativone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838505#Comment_838505

    You obviously don't understand the word "forced". If some jackass tries to drop all the pallets in one match that's his fault, not the devs, not the challenges, not the archives.

    To be honest I’d rather some players drop them early, as opposed to what they usually so taking a hit AND dropping the pallet

  • @thenegativone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838505#Comment_838505

    You obviously don't understand the word "forced". If some jackass tries to drop all the pallets in one match that's his fault, not the devs, not the challenges, not the archives.

    It's understandable that some people just want to get the challenges out of the way so they can play the game normally again. You obviously don't understand people.

    It's similar to last year's Blight event. People throw the main game to progress for event items. I honestly prefer someone to throw one game entirely than to partially screw multiple games

  • I would say that the pace in the archives is a drastic change but remember that there's two weeks between each time level and there's ages left of the rift itself so there's no rush to get things done. It is frustrating but it's supposed to take a while. The killer side of the time is harder in level 2, mainly because I survivor main and I dont play killer often and needed to grind and spend bloodpoints on trapper to get them done

  • @VicelikeJmz said:

    I would say that the pace in the archives is a drastic change but remember that there's two weeks between each time level and there's ages left of the rift itself so there's no rush to get things done. It is frustrating but it's supposed to take a while. The killer side of the time is harder in level 2, mainly because I survivor main and I dont play killer often and needed to grind and spend bloodpoints on trapper to get them done

    Basically for trapper I’m just gonna spam games and motion to survivors hoping one of them gets it and they take pity on me. That’s what we did for a trapper the day it came out he was obviously just caring about traps not kills.

    Karma rewarded me with another trapper today that needed his traps and then let us farm meaning I got Dark sense done!

  • @HatCreature said:

    There are so few Killer challenges this time and they're mostly Master Challenges which is fine as they reward more but there are only 5 Killer challenges, hooray for playing Survivor and WHY does the Killer node END with a SURVIVOR CHALLENGE?!

    I know the Challenges are meant to get progressively harder down the line but some of these are designed to be done through dozens of games or play like ######### to get them done. Use 6 Med-Kits, well if you play Quentin you can start with a Med-Kit and then find a Med-Kit but then you rob everyone of Altrusim points and maybe you'll die before you can use the 2nd one.

    I am not excited for Grabbing 1 Survivor off a Gen, Grabs have been so bad because of the servers that I lose chases because it denied me the grab and they got away; I don't trust that I can get the grab even if I play Ghostface. That's another thing too, ''Grabbing'' can only be done by Licensed stealth Killers and all of those are paid DLC, that challenge requires you to spend money to complete, unless you're a damn GOD with Tinkerer or have a Coxbombed Clapper on Wraith.

    Use the "insta heal" addon for med kit depletion or just burn brown medkits I used self care with them and somehow it gave me double medkit burns when I self cared as well. Took me 3 games wasn't bad

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834223#Comment_834223

    From my experience, they count.

    Maybe you were not in a chase somehow?

    He probably lost sight of you or something so the chase canceled out

  • I just don't like the 200k bloodpoints or the 20 gold emblems challenges. Can't really have fun with them in the actual game.

  • The thing that really gets me is having to keep selecting challenges when I switch back and forth between killer and survivor.

    Play survivor, select the pallet one. Then, when I switch over to playing killer, if I don't go back in and change the challenge to the 20 gold+ emblems one, then I don't get progress towards it (which is what happened). It's annoying. It's not user friendly.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    I've been getting less than one thrown pallet per game. It will literally take 25-30 games for me to get that one challenge done at this rate. FUN FUN FUN.

    Better then someone dropping every pallet before a gen is completed then killing himself on hook.

1 2 3