The Archive's TOME is FRUSTRATING and UNFUN

Honestly, I found Tome I to be a lot more fun than this one.


It has taken me 4 games so far and only managed to get 6/15 Unhooks

It took me 3 games to try and get the Dark Sense challenge

Took me 5 games to get 20 emblems of gold or more.

It was mainly due to going with and against smart and senseful survivors, that aren't potato.


I played about 2-4 games per hour.


How the actual heck is this meant for your average gamer? It took me 3 hours to do 3 challenges and it was darn unfun. I don't expect to complete this within a day or even 2, but 3 hours for that long? It wasn't even because they're hard, they're just too grindy, and long, and it's irriating having to compete with other survivors for these objectives


@Peanits This isn't really "average gamer" friendly and quite frankly a little frustrating with how too grindy it is.


You guys should really listen to your community. Hirez is a perfect example of understanding players are not happy with super-grindy passes and should act immediately on that dissatisfaction

185 votes and 259 comments so far on Reddit


Comments

  • @CronaWins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833661#Comment_833661

    Better then someone dropping every pallet before a gen is completed then killing himself on hook.

    Not doing this but seems ok for me, if the killer is busy. After every pallet is gone, more than 1 gen should be done. Maybe your teammates was doing some other challenges.

    I can understand some frustration now. Sometimes you meet this sort of people playing the challenge with toxic behavior. It is annoying but ok for me if the whole team running to hooked victims, as if they were living pinatas.

    But unhooking teammates in front of the killer and blocking their escape ways, just to unhook them again.. That is not nice. 🤕

    If that happens for mistake it is ok.

    These are luckily the exeption moments. 😊

  • @RepliCant said:

    Honestly, I found Tome I to be a lot more fun than this one.

    It has taken me 4 games so far and only managed to get 6/15 Unhooks

    It took me 3 games to try and get the Dark Sense challenge

    Took me 5 games to get 20 emblems of gold or more.

    It was mainly due to going with and against smart and senseful survivors, that aren't potato.

    I played about 2-4 games per hour.

    How the actual heck is this meant for your average gamer? It took me 3 hours to do 3 challenges and it was darn unfun. I don't expect to complete this within a day or even 2, but 3 hours for that long? It wasn't even because they're hard, they're just too grindy, and long, and it's irriating having to compete with other survivors for these objectives

    @Peanits This isn't really "average gamer" friendly and quite frankly a little frustrating with how too grindy it is.

    You guys should really listen to your community. Hirez is a perfect example of understanding players are not happy with super-grindy passes and should act immediately on that dissatisfaction

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/dvcpo5/dev_post_on_battle_passes/

    Level 1 was way too easy. 2 is fine.

  • @Hail_to_the_King said:

    I just don't like the 200k bloodpoints or the 20 gold emblems challenges. Can't really have fun with them in the actual game.

    These are the challenges that are really done by only playing the game. I even got an emblem playing killer and the match was cancelled. Didn't got the emblems when the killer dc'd. These two are done without changing your regular playstyle.

  • Personally I think the challenge for getting 30 gold emblems or whatever it is shouldn't exist because of how wonky the emblem system is.

    Playing normally as my usual killers it'll take about 8+ matches alone to get that.

  • @Hail_to_the_King said:

    I just don't like the 200k bloodpoints or the 20 gold emblems challenges. Can't really have fun with them in the actual game.

    These literally don’t change how you play the game, you get them just for playing regularly

    Which ones do you like, being forced to heal or unhook certain people all in one trial?

  • @HatCreature said:

    There are so few Killer challenges this time and they're mostly Master Challenges which is fine as they reward more but there are only 5 Killer challenges, hooray for playing Survivor and WHY does the Killer node END with a SURVIVOR CHALLENGE?!

    I know the Challenges are meant to get progressively harder down the line but some of these are designed to be done through dozens of games or play like ######### to get them done. Use 6 Med-Kits, well if you play Quentin you can start with a Med-Kit and then find a Med-Kit but then you rob everyone of Altrusim points and maybe you'll die before you can use the 2nd one.

    I am not excited for Grabbing 1 Survivor off a Gen, Grabs have been so bad because of the servers that I lose chases because it denied me the grab and they got away; I don't trust that I can get the grab even if I play Ghostface. That's another thing too, ''Grabbing'' can only be done by Licensed stealth Killers and all of those are paid DLC, that challenge requires you to spend money to complete, unless you're a damn GOD with Tinkerer or have a Coxbombed Clapper on Wraith.

    Pretty sure the killer node ends in a survivor challenge because when the tome things were datamined, there was a mori one survivor challenge, and it probably was switched out because they didn't want an influx of moris in matchmaking.

  • I find the big grind ones kind of frustrating. But ones like put two survivors in the basement using agitation, chase survivors for 90 seconds using unnerving presence, heal two survivors with botany knowledge etc are fine.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I find the big grind ones kind of frustrating. But ones like put two survivors in the basement using agitation, chase survivors for 90 seconds using unnerving presence, heal two survivors with botany knowledge etc are fine.

    Totally agree with you.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/841327#Comment_841327

    These literally don’t change how you play the game, you get them just for playing regularly

    Which ones do you like, being forced to heal or unhook certain people all in one trial?

    Obviously it doesn't change how you play the game. What I am saying is I prefer the ones that tell me an actual objective to complete such as kicking pallets with brutal strength or opening so many chests. I like it when they spice it up a bit. Not just play until you get so many points.

  • @JiggleWiggle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/841327#Comment_841327

    These are the challenges that are really done by only playing the game. I even got an emblem playing killer and the match was cancelled. Didn't got the emblems when the killer dc'd. These two are done without changing your regular playstyle.

    I know, but I actually really like the ones where you have to change up your regular playstyle. Feels more like an actual challenge instead of just play like normal until you get there.

  • @Hail_to_the_King said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/841588#Comment_841588

    I know, but I actually really like the ones where you have to change up your regular playstyle. Feels more like an actual challenge instead of just play like normal until you get there.

    These As killer I like, as survivors seeing my teammates screw around it’s frustrating.

  • But people somehow defend it. Yeah, I LOVE running Self Care!!!

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/843226#Comment_843226

    These As killer I like, as survivors seeing my teammates screw around it’s frustrating.

    I definitely understand where you're coming from there.

1 2 3 ›