if they treat spirit like they treated nurse I will face camp every survivor as spirit with the name "want to cry about spirit? cry about this" (I know that is to long that is just what I will be typing to the people who complain about face campers) I don't face camp ever, at best I will proxy camp WHEN I KNOW people are around the hook looking for the unhook. but if BHVR caves into the survivor cries again with spirit then im gonna break this code of mine to never face camp
Nurse is still the strongest killer in the game though, she's just harder to use properly. That's how it should be, a killer with an almost infinitely high skill ceiling and crazy power potential should be hard to get good at, but the rewards should be considerable. This is still completely true for her even after the nerf.
So if you genuinely believe the intensity of complaints is directly proportional to what changes they'll do you should hope Spirit gets "the nurse treatment", not threaten to act like a spoiled child stomping around because your favorite toy was taken away. Freddy and Legion got harsh nerfs that went too far (something had to be done about Legion, but that's another discussion), Nurse was completely different.
so is crying for nerfs on a killer who is fine but because they cant loop them they cry nerf
Someone playing survivor and getting facecamped isn't necessarily someone who cried for nerfs so your action is outright... Nonsense. But sure go facecamp some random people and ruin their game experience. Punish them for something OTHER people are responsible for.
That makes as much sense as that other guy on this forums who said "I'm always facecamping survivors after having a bad game as survivor".
Besides you realize even numerous highly experienced killer mains including streamers like Otz, Scorpionz, Ohtofu etc. have stated that Spirit it outright overpowered, don't you? It's not just survivors.
if they treat spirit like they treated nurse I will face camp every survivor as spirit with the name "want to cry about spirit? cry about this" (I know that is to long that is just what I will be typing to the people who complain about face campers) I don't face camp ever, at best I will proxy camp WHEN I KNOW people are around the hook looking for the unhook. but if BHVR caves into the survivor cries again with spirit then im gonna break this code of mine to never face camp
Someone playing survivor and getting facecamped isn't necessarily someone who cried for nerfs so your action is outright... Nonsense. But sure go facecamp some random people and ruin their game experience. Punish them for something OTHER people are responsible for.
That makes as much sense as that other guy on this forums who said "I'm always facecamping survivors after having a bad game as survivor".
Besides you realize even numerous highly experienced killer mains including streamers like Otz, Scorpionz, Ohtofu etc. have stated that Spirit it outright overpowered, don't you? It's not just survivors.
Streamers can be wrong. I play both sides, it's a decision I made when I joined the forums, and Spirit certainly isn't overpowered to me. Granted, I run Spine Chill every game, but she isn't that good. She has insane mindgame potential, but so long as you don't do something stupid, you can certainly win them.
I already predicted that. The amount of complains on spirit was overshadowing nurse complains, so it's just logical that when nurse got butchered like that spirit will definelty be the next. And I will predict that Billy might get touched aswell after spirit, but then I can predict that me and many others will leave.
actually nurse is still pretty strong... if you know how to play her that is.
Stated by notqueen in the latest stream that Freddy has the highest kill percentage...
Well, what I get from "outperforming" is very high kill ratios. They are apparently going to release new stats in a few weeks. I really hope we get some kill ratios in red ranks, not just overall kill ratios.
It really is about time. She has been an obvious outlier in terms of performance and fun since shortly after get release when everyone realized how good she really is.
So you can't answer? Thought so, you have no clue what you r talking about.
I can’t answer if you dont have an argument, that said its pretty obvious you have very little undersranding of the game and are either a troll or some random flamer.
I hope they don't kill her base kit. I only want her addons too be changed, not her kit. But with how they butchered Nurse I'm gonna assume she's screwed.
I can't wait to see her nerf. Acording to main survivors and twitch streammers, Spirit is the only problem in this game. So I guess after her nerf, it will remain only love and peace in the community. They won't complain about the others. Only ggswp
I can’t answer if you dont have an argument, that said its pretty obvious you have very little undersranding of the game and are either a troll or some random flamer.
good day nobody n.x
I asked a question. Usually people answer on questions. Are you good lad? You look a bit cornered lol
I would be fine if her phasing was made weaker and/or got more counter play and the cooldown on her power got reduced, so she is able to use her new weaker phase more often ( so instead of an outright nerf, it would be a sidegrade to make her more enjoyable to play against, why still keeping her a strong killer ).
But because she is "overperforming", I expect unnecessary nerfs ( like what happened to Legion ). After that, they probably gonna "look at" Billy ( they already announced that an add-on rework is coming relatively soon from him ) and Freddy ( because apparently he is overperforming as well ).
Why ruin random players enjoyment for no reason then?
cause random survivors who cry instead of improving at the game ruin my games, I haven't done this YET, im just saying this is gonna happen if BHVR listens to the crying of survivors
I hope when they are done nerfing Spirit because there is no doubt to me that it will happen, they will balance survivors around high level play as well.
Why not give us something to micro manage as well like a stamina bar or whatever they can come up with. A power bar for running, vaults etc...
I always thought a stamina bar could be a fun mechanic
Well, what I get from "outperforming" is very high kill ratios. They are apparently going to release new stats in a few weeks. I really hope we get some kill ratios in red ranks, not just overall kill ratios.
Honestly I'd like if they made spirit more dependent on her power.. . I feel if she couldn't just chase for the first hit and then connect the phase afterwards she'd be more difficult to play itll feel more rewarding for landing grudge hits... I hope they reduce her movement speed.
Bleh....not happy for this...not every Spirit player runs Prayer Beads for practically every match possible.....
I swear, Survivors are conditioned to run Loops till the Day runs out and anything that can disrupt the typical tactics is what builds the animosity for these "reworks". I won't grab the torches & pitchforks yet...but getting wary of when Killers that are performing well..are being "looked at"
Exactly. I swear DBD is the only game ive found where players are punished for playing well lol
I hope they don't kill her base kit. I only want her addons too be changed, not her kit. But with how they butchered Nurse I'm gonna assume she's screwed.
Lol "butchered" nurse. All they did was nerf omegablink. Stop crying. She was the most op killer in the game she deserved it.
The statistics are skewed due to survivors suiciding on hook, DCing, or just refusing to learn/change their playstyle for interesting mechanics that fall outside the norm, despite these mechanics being a breath of fresh air in an otherwise very simple/basic game.
If people actually tried to learn how to play against her, they might find out how to win.
Whats there to play against? Just watch a mindless killer stand still and wonder if she's phasing or if shes just standing still. If you run, she phases, if you don't, then she just stops standing still. Shes literally mindless. All she has to do is stand in one place to mindgame. I understand that it takes skill to actually chase and down with the phase, but its really not that hard once you get the hang of it and then she becomes ez mode. Im a P3 spirit so you can't say I dont know how to play against her.
I agree that Nurse was incredibly strong and viable in red ranks but with that same fact how do you think she performs below red rank. Brown - Purple any competent Nurse is almost 100% 4k.
Same with spirit to and extent. Obviously I'm not talking about new Nurses or Spirits, but players with actually some time on them and know how they work.
This statement highlights the real problem though.
What is a competent Nurse player doing at brown-purple rank against lesser skilled opponents?
The real problem might not be the Nurse per se, but the issue of skilled players versus lower skilled players which means the ranking system is the issue, not the killer's power level.
Spirit will probably just get a slightly longer time to charge her power, a fatigue similar to nurse after phasing, unable to see scratch marks anymore and borrow wraith’s bell to signal to survivors when she’s about to use her power. No biggie.
Spirit will probably just get a slightly longer time to charge her power, a fatigue similar to nurse after phasing, unable to see scratch marks anymore and borrow wraith’s bell to signal to survivors when she’s about to use her power. No biggie.
Wait a slightly longer charge time? sorry that's a game breaker
Whats there to play against? Just watch a mindless killer stand still and wonder if she's phasing or if shes just standing still. If you run, she phases, if you don't, then she just stops standing still. Shes literally mindless. All she has to do is stand in one place to mindgame. I understand that it takes skill to actually chase and down with the phase, but its really not that hard once you get the hang of it and then she becomes ez mode. Im a P3 spirit so you can't say I dont know how to play against her.
Her glass shards glow when she phases. You can tell if she phases with Spine Chill. The newest update make the phasing sound take priority over the chase music. It isn't that hard.
Honestly I'd like if they made spirit more dependent on her power.. . I feel if she couldn't just chase for the first hit and then connect the phase afterwards she'd be more difficult to play itll feel more rewarding for landing grudge hits... I hope they reduce her movement speed.
Like give her 96 m/s and force her to move around with her power?
Also keep the cool down, don't want her to be too powerful.
This statement highlights the real problem though.
What is a competent Nurse player doing at brown-purple rank against lesser skilled opponents?
The real problem might not be the Nurse per se, but the issue of skilled players versus lower skilled players which means the ranking system is the issue, not the killer's power level.
I get what you are saying and I agree. However what I meant is someone with just a basic understanding of how nurses blinks work and can perform decently as a killer in brown - green ranks will almost always 4k every game due to the strength of Nurse.
Of course there are people who purposely de-rank to smash new players for their youtube highlight reels.
I get what you are saying and I agree. However what I meant is someone with just a basic understanding of how nurses blinks work and can perform decently as a killer in brown - green ranks will almost always 4k every game due to the strength of Nurse.
Of course there are people who purposely de-rank to smash new players for their youtube highlight reels.
I 4k against low rank survivors as blinkless Nurse. You have to take into account the skill level of the survivors you go up against. You as an inexperienced Nurse go up against a group who can finish gens in 4 minutes and they kick your teeth in. Was it due to you being bad or them being good?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Devstream
Devstream
Nurse is still the strongest killer in the game though, she's just harder to use properly. That's how it should be, a killer with an almost infinitely high skill ceiling and crazy power potential should be hard to get good at, but the rewards should be considerable. This is still completely true for her even after the nerf.
So if you genuinely believe the intensity of complaints is directly proportional to what changes they'll do you should hope Spirit gets "the nurse treatment", not threaten to act like a spoiled child stomping around because your favorite toy was taken away. Freddy and Legion got harsh nerfs that went too far (something had to be done about Legion, but that's another discussion), Nurse was completely different.
Someone playing survivor and getting facecamped isn't necessarily someone who cried for nerfs so your action is outright... Nonsense. But sure go facecamp some random people and ruin their game experience. Punish them for something OTHER people are responsible for.
That makes as much sense as that other guy on this forums who said "I'm always facecamping survivors after having a bad game as survivor".
Besides you realize even numerous highly experienced killer mains including streamers like Otz, Scorpionz, Ohtofu etc. have stated that Spirit it outright overpowered, don't you? It's not just survivors.
This is why this community is so toxic
I think they want to make a small "tweak" like with nurse
If people actually tried to learn how to play against her, they might find out how to win.
Streamers can be wrong. I play both sides, it's a decision I made when I joined the forums, and Spirit certainly isn't overpowered to me. Granted, I run Spine Chill every game, but she isn't that good. She has insane mindgame potential, but so long as you don't do something stupid, you can certainly win them.
Noticed the same, the amount of times he says that he is a survivor main shows to me that he isn't.
Stated by notqueen in the latest stream that Freddy has the highest kill percentage...
actually nurse is still pretty strong... if you know how to play her that is.
Well, what I get from "outperforming" is very high kill ratios. They are apparently going to release new stats in a few weeks. I really hope we get some kill ratios in red ranks, not just overall kill ratios.
You know how to play her?
Yes? Show us some footage how you stomp swf groups at a calibre of Ussylis or similiar.
No? So what are you talking? You have no clue.
Multiple streamers made videos on how she is still strong.
your rant is pointless since you obviously seem not to understand the game.
im just tired of cry baby survivors getting what they want
It really is about time. She has been an obvious outlier in terms of performance and fun since shortly after get release when everyone realized how good she really is.
So you can't answer? Thought so, you have no clue what you r talking about.
Why ruin random players enjoyment for no reason then?
As of the last mention, by the devs hillbilly and leather are slated for the next reworks
Their addons are getting changed but I thought doctor was the next one?
I can’t answer if you dont have an argument, that said its pretty obvious you have very little undersranding of the game and are either a troll or some random flamer.
good day nobody n.x
Honestly, I'm glad BHVR is nerfing Spirit, but they dont need to nerf her into the ground.
For a nerf, I think they should make her: Footsteps louder, Please for the love of god make her move corn/grass cuz I swear she doesn't.
If they only do these two things I won't complain. ;-;
I hope they don't kill her base kit. I only want her addons too be changed, not her kit. But with how they butchered Nurse I'm gonna assume she's screwed.
I can't wait to see her nerf. Acording to main survivors and twitch streammers, Spirit is the only problem in this game. So I guess after her nerf, it will remain only love and peace in the community. They won't complain about the others. Only ggswp
I asked a question. Usually people answer on questions. Are you good lad? You look a bit cornered lol
Who knows? Maybe they're will be good changes this time around 😀 perhaps peoples play-styles will be better suited
I would be fine if her phasing was made weaker and/or got more counter play and the cooldown on her power got reduced, so she is able to use her new weaker phase more often ( so instead of an outright nerf, it would be a sidegrade to make her more enjoyable to play against, why still keeping her a strong killer ).
But because she is "overperforming", I expect unnecessary nerfs ( like what happened to Legion ). After that, they probably gonna "look at" Billy ( they already announced that an add-on rework is coming relatively soon from him ) and Freddy ( because apparently he is overperforming as well ).
I thought the killer was supposed to be the power role in an asymmetrical horror game
cause random survivors who cry instead of improving at the game ruin my games, I haven't done this YET, im just saying this is gonna happen if BHVR listens to the crying of survivors
WOW
Atleast buff the weaker killers before taking down the Queens of DBD!
You seem to care a lot about people being killer mains.
I can prove it.
I always thought a stamina bar could be a fun mechanic
Honestly I'd like if they made spirit more dependent on her power.. . I feel if she couldn't just chase for the first hit and then connect the phase afterwards she'd be more difficult to play itll feel more rewarding for landing grudge hits... I hope they reduce her movement speed.
y'all overreact so hard, no specific changes said or when they're gonna happen, but you're all already crying she's gonna be 'gutted' and useless.
Remember when Nurse players were overreacting to small changes?
Yeah.
Good. I hope she and her add- ons gets a change that finally makes her balanced.
######### no
Exactly. I swear DBD is the only game ive found where players are punished for playing well lol
Lol "butchered" nurse. All they did was nerf omegablink. Stop crying. She was the most op killer in the game she deserved it.
The statistics are skewed due to survivors suiciding on hook, DCing, or just refusing to learn/change their playstyle for interesting mechanics that fall outside the norm, despite these mechanics being a breath of fresh air in an otherwise very simple/basic game.
Whats there to play against? Just watch a mindless killer stand still and wonder if she's phasing or if shes just standing still. If you run, she phases, if you don't, then she just stops standing still. Shes literally mindless. All she has to do is stand in one place to mindgame. I understand that it takes skill to actually chase and down with the phase, but its really not that hard once you get the hang of it and then she becomes ez mode. Im a P3 spirit so you can't say I dont know how to play against her.
This statement highlights the real problem though.
What is a competent Nurse player doing at brown-purple rank against lesser skilled opponents?
The real problem might not be the Nurse per se, but the issue of skilled players versus lower skilled players which means the ranking system is the issue, not the killer's power level.
Guys calm down...
Spirit will probably just get a slightly longer time to charge her power, a fatigue similar to nurse after phasing, unable to see scratch marks anymore and borrow wraith’s bell to signal to survivors when she’s about to use her power. No biggie.
Wait a slightly longer charge time? sorry that's a game breaker
Her glass shards glow when she phases. You can tell if she phases with Spine Chill. The newest update make the phasing sound take priority over the chase music. It isn't that hard.
Like give her 96 m/s and force her to move around with her power?
Also keep the cool down, don't want her to be too powerful.
Thank god, spirit is so annoying
I get what you are saying and I agree. However what I meant is someone with just a basic understanding of how nurses blinks work and can perform decently as a killer in brown - green ranks will almost always 4k every game due to the strength of Nurse.
Of course there are people who purposely de-rank to smash new players for their youtube highlight reels.
I 4k against low rank survivors as blinkless Nurse. You have to take into account the skill level of the survivors you go up against. You as an inexperienced Nurse go up against a group who can finish gens in 4 minutes and they kick your teeth in. Was it due to you being bad or them being good?