New endgame collapse

NOED will most likely have no room in the new endgame and it will be changed into something else. Actually they probably wanted to nerf it and that's the reason they came out with this new endgame, to avoid the drama.

Comments

  • NOED has been fine for a long time. Bad survivors complain about it and good ones understand it's purpose and how to counter it.

    I don't think they'll nerf it.

  • We don't even have any info on the "endgame"(other than its one of the best selling Marvel pre-sales).

    For all we know it could be 2 hatches and the doors lock. Noed would still be used.

    Let's just wait and see?

  • Collapse to me at least simply sounds like the map slowly gets thanos snapped or something weird like that but I could easily be wrong.

  • Sure, we'll wait, but I just find it intriguing. Initially I thought it has something to do with hatch, since it has been asked for so long. But today with all the survivor disconnects, most patches from now on will be survivor sided to address that and the major issue with the endgame on the survivor side is noed.

  • @Kagrenac said:

    NOED has been fine for a long time. Bad survivors complain about it and good ones understand it's purpose and how to counter it.

    I don't think they'll nerf it.

    Oh yeah nothing says you're bad more than looping the killer for 5 gens only to die to a noed.


    Everyone knows noed is just a crutch for bad killers.

  • @drunky26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/425068#Comment_425068

    Oh yeah nothing says you're bad more than looping the killer for 5 gens only to die to a noed.

    Everyone knows noed is just a crutch for bad killers.

    It punishes survivors for 2 things

    Not expecting the killer to have it and not doing totems to counter it.

    Killers have to keep track and always expect you to have something like Adrenaline. So you need to expect killers to have BBQ and NOED. It's one of the few perks you can outright prevent from activating; so do totems to stop it.

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/425094#Comment_425094

    It punishes survivors for 2 things

    Not expecting the killer to have it and not doing totems to counter it.

    Killers have to keep track and always expect you to have something like Adrenaline. So you need to expect killers to have BBQ and NOED. It's one of the few perks you can outright prevent from activating; so do totems to stop it.

    Except you don't have any control of what your fellow teammates do and no communication. So you don't know if they are cleansing totems and how many have been cleansed.

  • @drunky26 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/425068#Comment_425068

    Oh yeah nothing says you're bad more than looping the killer for 5 gens only to die to a noed.

    Everyone knows noed is just a crutch for bad killers.

    If you loop a killer for five gens then why can’t your teammates knock out NOED and save you? Apparently it’s your first hook and they haven’t even been chased by the killer.

    People always have these outlandish scenarios for getting screwed by NOED when they could just cleanse totems.

  • I'm going to guess after the gens are completed it will either be one of two things.

    1. Survivors will only have 2 minutes to escape before the doors become permanently blocked.

    2. After the gens are completed survivors need to collect parts to build the exit door panel to then open it.

  • The best bet is totem counter and even that would be surprising. Maybe they will buff small game or something.

    They will not touch base NOED.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I'm going to guess after the gens are completed it will either be one of two things.

    1. Survivors will only have 2 minutes to escape before the doors become permanently blocked.

    2. After the gens are completed survivors need to collect parts to build the exit door panel to then open it.

    Wishful thinking!

    1. This will promote survivors hiding to force killer to disconnect, so no.
    2. I highly doubt they will change it so much.

    The next patch as you saw with Legion rework is meant to treat the causes of the survivor disconnects. I don't think they will change the end game too much, I think it's just a pretense to nerf noed. We'll see.

  • @Sinner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/425126#Comment_425126

    Wishful thinking!

    1. This will promote survivors hiding to force killer to disconnect, so no.
    2. I highly doubt they will change it so much.

    The next patch as you saw with Legion rework is meant to treat the causes of the survivor disconnects. I don't think they will change the end game too much, I think it's just a pretense to nerf noed. We'll see.

    Then you just reveal their aura permanently.

  • @drunky26 as a survivor you lost the chase if you get downed. You win the chase by losing the killer.

  • I doubt noed will change since survivors will likely still be able to prevent it.

  • @Sinner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/425098#Comment_425098

    Except you don't have any control of what your fellow teammates do and no communication. So you don't know if they are cleansing totems and how many have been cleansed.

    this is a T E A M game for survivors sadly

    if you, as a member of a 4 person team, expect to have as much agency as the solo player you're facing, you know very little about game design

  • So I have some top secret information on what NOED will be, ready?

    • No
    • One
    • Escapes
    • Disconnects
  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/425101#Comment_425101

    this is a T E A M game for survivors sadly

    if you, as a member of a 4 person team, expect to have as much agency as the solo player you're facing, you know very little about game design

    So you suggest they need to add voice chat for solo survivors? I don't get it?

  • What is the end game ?

  • NOED is fine. They need to leave it alone. It's been fine forever.

    It has direct counterplay. It's a small thing for gen rushing tryhard trash.

  • @Jonathanskilz said:

    What is the end game ?

    when all gens are done

  • @Delfador said:

    The best bet is totem counter and even that would be surprising. Maybe they will buff small game or something.

    They will not touch base NOED.

    I doubt a totem counter will ever be added to the UI because it serves no purpose other than to counter a single perk that a killer may or may not have.

    A totem counter for small game would make sense though.

  • NOED will most likely have no room in the new endgame and it will be changed into something else.

    Great conspiracy theory, 8/8.

  • @Sinner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/425126#Comment_425126

    Wishful thinking!

    1. This will promote survivors hiding to force killer to disconnect, so no.
    2. I highly doubt they will change it so much.

    The next patch as you saw with Legion rework is meant to treat the causes of the survivor disconnects. I don't think they will change the end game too much, I think it's just a pretense to nerf noed. We'll see.

    I made a pretty good guess lol

  • @Kagrenac said:

    NOED has been fine for a long time. Bad survivors complain about it and good ones understand it's purpose and how to counter it.

    I don't think they'll nerf it.

    U talk about swf only? I agree. Solo is om different paper. There are issues to be tackled cuz it's a huge different using noed against solos or using noed against swf

  • Honestly I'm just glad we're gonna be pressured as survivors! I know the game too well now, and I never really feel pressure or fear anymore in the game. I hope this helps.

  • Once the hatch is closed by the killer or the exit gates are opened by the Killer or Survivors. The Survivors have 3 minutes to escape or else they are brutally sacrificed by the Entity. If Survivors are in the dying state or hooked the timer goes slower.

  • A few of the end game perks have been changed. However, NOED will stay the same.

    @Sinner (EDIT: added tag)

  • @not_Queen said:

    A lot of the end game perks have been changed. However, NOED will stay the same.

    @Sinner (EDIT: added tag)

    PLEASE give us a totem counter then. You're punishing solo survivors

  • I'm not sure I like all these sudden changes coming to DBD, I mean I'm happy for all you moonwalking legions out there but I just feel end game rework is not really warranted. Your trying to spice up the game to appease people who have left but you may push more players away depending on what these changes are. I hope the devs are right on this

  • Well it's not like they are gaining new players at a healthy rate with all the complicated mechanics to learn (like how to deal with various perks, which ones are good which ones suck, increasingly more tactics to learn against increasingly more killers, how to hide, how to not hide, etc.) They can focus on mixing it up and maybe it will improve retention - but attrition is always going to happen and if you cannot attract (and keep) new players, it's over.

  • @not_Queen said:

    A lot of the end game perks have been changed. However, NOED will stay the same.

    @Sinner (EDIT: added tag)

    Very nice. Now I will be only happy if you buff the Legion in PTB.

  • @ShaneQ said:

    I'm not sure I like all these sudden changes coming to DBD, I mean I'm happy for all you moonwalking legions out there but I just feel end game rework is not really warranted. Your trying to spice up the game to appease people who have left but you may push more players away depending on what these changes are. I hope the devs are right on this

    Just look at my post and others everyone is hyped for it including me hyped!!!!!!!!

  • @Nova_Terra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/426654#Comment_426654

    PLEASE give us a totem counter then. You're punishing solo survivors

    Now you know how we feel about legion nerf huh?

  • @not_Queen

    Does powering the Exit Gates via Hatch Closing work with "Generator Completed" effects?

  • @ShaneQ said:

    I'm not sure I like all these sudden changes coming to DBD, I mean I'm happy for all you moonwalking legions out there but I just feel end game rework is not really warranted. Your trying to spice up the game to appease people who have left but you may push more players away depending on what these changes are. I hope the devs are right on this

    The end game in dbd has been terrible for both sides for a long time. This is totally warranted.

  • @ShaneQ said:

    I'm not sure I like all these sudden changes coming to DBD, I mean I'm happy for all you moonwalking legions out there but I just feel end game rework is not really warranted. Your trying to spice up the game to appease people who have left but you may push more players away depending on what these changes are. I hope the devs are right on this

    Actually, after the recent few changes, at this point I kind of hope that with the new system(s), things might fall back into place. You know, like gears gripping into each other. @ShaneQ

    @Nova_Terra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/426654#Comment_426654

    PLEASE give us a totem counter then. You're punishing solo survivors

    It's called Small Game. Actually quite a useful perk, I like to run it myself even when playing solo. Totems are perfectly fine as they are now. @Nova_Terra

  • @wurzelbart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/426727#Comment_426727

    Actually, after the recent few changes, at this point I kind of hope that with the new system(s), things might fall back into place. You know, like gears gripping into each other. @ShaneQ

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/426664#Comment_426664

    It's called Small Game. Actually quite a useful perk, I like to run it myself even when playing solo. Totems are perfectly fine as they are now. @Nova_Terra

    Small Game doesn't count the totems. You have no way of knowing how many totems are left on a map as a solo survivor unless you have spent most of the match looking and managed to get all 5 yourself.

  • @TheVVitch

    Yeah I agree kind of, the end game is a bit stale but I just don't think a drastic overhaul is necessarily the answer. I mean look at the legion "nerf" they completely murdered legion he's going to be worse than Freddy, they introduced Legion claiming they wanted people to have fun playing against them,in reality it was the most boring gameplay I've experienced on DBD, progress bar after progress bar.

    They killed Dying Light over stupid obsession changes.

    I'm not going to say this is a good thing until they reveal what's happening

  • @darktrix said:

    Well it's not like they are gaining new players at a healthy rate with all the complicated mechanics to learn (like how to deal with various perks, which ones are good which ones suck, increasingly more tactics to learn against increasingly more killers, how to hide, how to not hide, etc.) They can focus on mixing it up and maybe it will improve retention - but attrition is always going to happen and if you cannot attract (and keep) new players, it's over.

    Complicated to learn? Dead by Daylight is one of the easiest games to pick up! Yes there is a lot to learn regarding perks etc, but really it is one of the simplest games to play.

    I am not a hardcore gamer, and when I try to play a new game, I usually give up after a while because I just don't have the time to invest to learn all the different controls and combinations.

    This looks like a great addition to the game.

  • So when the Killer closes the hatch, the Exit gates open automatically or not. Cuz if it opens automatically then that's (BAD WORD) up

  • @TheVVitch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/426864#Comment_426864

    Small Game doesn't count the totems. You have no way of knowing how many totems are left on a map as a solo survivor unless you have spent most of the match looking and managed to get all 5 yourself.

    @TheVVitch True, Small Game doesn't "hard counter" the totems. The privilege of knowing how many totems are cleansed, left, lit and dull is one of voice-com SWFs.

    Yet still, any half decent Survivor/SWF will react to totems depending on the rank they're on, the killer they face and how the game develops they're in.

    For example, a Freddy is more likely to have NOED than a Huntress, a MM or Billy with NOED is more likely on yellow than purple/red ranks etc. And Ruin can be predicted on almost every game since most killers depend on it.

    Now, apart from those general considerations, survivors will (or at least should) adapt their behaviour towards totems to the state the current match is in. For example, if two gens are already done and nobody has been hooked so far, the survs have an advantage and can afford to search and cleanse totems or at least cleanse them where they find them, even if they're dull. If, on the other hand, the killer applies a lot of pressure on them and two or three people have been hooked already before the first gen even popped, the survs will have more urgent matters to attend to than cleansing totems, of course. But the thing is, knowing or not knowing where the totems are or how many are left wouldn't make any difference in that situation, because any surv who actually tries to win will at that point prioritize gens over everything else.

    So, whether totems are a threat and might cause problems or not is highly situational.

    And since the new end game collapse will only trigger either when a gate is opened or the hatch is closed, NOTHING will change regarding this until the game is pretty much over. If you're worried about NOED that is, you'll have to find and cleanse it before opening a gate. Or cleanse every totem you see along your way during the game. Which is - again - a question of individual priorities and evaluation. So, people will still have to actually THINK about what their next move is, and that's good.

    I don't see any reason to comfort those who feel that totems are unfair because they face the results of themselves not questioning their own playstyle and cry for nerfs before using their brain.


    If you use your brain, think about the situation you're in and act accordingly, you have a good chance and most likely will not encounter any serious problems with totems.

    If you don't, you also don't deserve a free escape. That simple.

  • @Nova_Terra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/426654#Comment_426654

    PLEASE give us a totem counter then. You're punishing solo survivors

    As a solo Survivor, please stop using this "you're punishing solo survivors" bullcrap.

  • @not_Queen said:

    A lot of the end game perks have been changed. However, NOED will stay the same.

    @Sinner (EDIT: added tag)

    Thank you for clarifying NOED will be the same.

  • @ShaneQ

    Yeah, I am just not a fan of the endgame we have on live right now. Waiting until we can get our hands on it to form opinions is probably best, but damn does it look pretty cool.


    @wurzelbart

    I'm not saying hex totems are an issue. NOED is fine imo. You can just do totems like you said. What I don't understand is why a totem counter isn't implemented anyway. It does nothing to SWF and just helps out solo survivors by giving them general information. You still have to actually hunt down and find the 5 totems.

  • @TheVVitch Ahh you mean a "counter" in terms of some kind of HUD mechanic that shows you the totems that are left and not gameplay-wise.. In that case I misunderstood, sorry m8.

  • @wurzelbart said:

    @TheVVitch Ahh you mean a "counter" in terms of some kind of HUD mechanic that shows you the totems that are left and not gameplay-wise.. In that case I misunderstood, sorry m8.

    Yes oops lol I can see how that got mixed up. Just added to HUD 😃

  • @TheVVitch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/427198#Comment_427198

    Yes oops lol I can see how that got mixed up. Just added to HUD 😃

    i agree that they should implement this information to solo players too because swf have so much info to share including how many dull totems they each done. If they want to make the game more fair they should implement this

  • @Nova_Terra

    Solo Survivors are not being punished, they should leave like and other person should.

  • So when is the mid chapter update coming? They give a date yet? Super excited for as someone who plays both killer and survivor : D

‹ 1 2