Winter Bone Chill Event

From December 9th 11am ET - 23rd December 11am ET DbD is becoming holiday themed. There'll be holiday-themed hooks, lockers, generators and barrels.

The Winter Party Starter will be found in the Bloodwebs of the survivors.

Snowmen will be found inside every trial - 6 of them in fact.

These Snowmen will supply shelter to the survivor in their time of need, perhaps you can even escape through the Exit Gates in one!


In order to unlock a winter cosmetic you must do one of the following -

  • If a Survivor uses a Snowman to protect themselves from a Killer's attack
  • If a Killer hits a Snowman while a Survivor is hiding inside
  • If a Survivor escapes through the Exit Gates while inside a Snowman

(you don't need to escape the match to get the cosmetic, it will be rewarded randomly at the end of the trial)

You will earn a random killer or survivor reward and it does not need to be for the character you are playing in the trial:

Cosmetics for:

  • The Wraith - Spine Candy
  • The Hag - Garland Talon
  • Yun-Jin Lee - The Loneliest Time
  • Mikaela Reid - Jolly Holiday Debt
  • Jonah Vasquez - Code-Cracker
  • The Artist - Frosty Eyes
  • The Trickster - Frosty Eyes

Charms:

  • Gift Hatch
  • Christmas Inferno
  • Cocoa Dip

For more information on what you can win, please refer to our website for further details and images.

https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/winter-2021?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bone-chill&utm_content=winter-2021

Tagged: BHVRMod

Comments

  • Ive escaped with the snowman it just explodes and shows your character leaving. You'll know if you're going to get cosmetic by your body having snowy mist around it (like getting crowns at the 5 year anniversary but white instead of gold & you dont have to escape).

  • @Rivyn said:

    So, survivors get yet another health state in chase. Good to know.

    Lol not really, the snowman cant be "chased" its way too slow (plus survivor also blind fyi). Getting into one takes some time. It only helps in that regard if survivor is in say a deadzone, one just happens to be there and survivor has the time to get into it.

  • @BenSanderson55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688315#Comment_2688315

    Lol not really, the snowman cant be "chased" its way too slow (plus survivor also blind fyi). Getting into one takes some time. It only helps in that regard if survivor is in say a deadzone, one just happens to be there and survivor has the time to get into it.

    Doesn't need to be chased, Just need to take a second to hop in. Sure, it won't help if the killers right on you, but a second behind? That's another health state. I understand that it's a limited use, but still, it's yet another tool survivors can use to prolong chases. Dependent on skill and rng, of course, but none the less.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Must you M1 the snowman as killer or could you break it with, say, Demo's Lunge?

    As survivor I got sparkles when Victor hit me in one, I don't know if it made killer sparkle too though. If it did I would think Demo shred would count.

  • Nice job guys for adding a creative fun event. 100% credit ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    Nice job guys for adding a creative fun event. 100% credit ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ.

    They delivered for sure

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Must you M1 the snowman as killer or could you break it with, say, Demo's Lunge?

    Demo?

    Who's that?

  • Damnnn the maps, the loading screens, the cosmetics, everything looks so good ๐Ÿ˜

  • Hi Devs.

    Since everybody uses the forum mainly to complain, I would like to give positive feedback for once. =D

    The event is awesome, it's so fun. I love it. I usually don't care if an event has a big or small impact on the usual game. I care about if it's fun and if it's something you usually don't have. (That's why I dislike 'fancy gens and hooks only' events a bit.) And the snowmans are so much fun and generate so many funny moments. I love it, great job boys 'n girls!!!!!

    If you need constructive feedback: Since the snowmen give survs an extra hit, and I as a killer also want to goof around a bit with the snowmen, a check box "Disable Rank Progress" during the event would be nice. So I can waste time being goofy a bit but don't loose all my rank progress for it. But I don't need it, I love the event anyways!!!


    Merry Christmas,

    Freddy Bootysmacker

  • Your event is to promote gameplay that makes the killers need to hit the survivor an extra time for a down and makes survivors hide in snowmen most of the game thereby most likely killing them as objectives don't get done.

    Interesting...

  • Regardless of the strength or balance surrounding snowmen, I am firmly against the design decisions of this event.

    Events should let BOTH sides participate.

    The survivors get to play around in snowmen and do stupid #########, but the killer's entire event is just hitting survivors an extra time to not injure them. That's a joke and it really does say a lot about who BHVR want to keep happy and who is just the punching bag there to do it.

  • there is a bug for charms ? ATM i'm 9/10 cant unlock Christmas Inferno 'charm . 3 time i ve should unlocked it but it didnt. plz devs check it out

  • Worst event of the year (as killer)

  • @anarchy753 said:

    Regardless of the strength or balance surrounding snowmen, I am firmly against the design decisions of this event.

    Events should let BOTH sides participate.

    The survivors get to play around in snowmen and do stupid #########, but the killer's entire event is just hitting survivors an extra time to not injure them. That's a joke and it really does say a lot about who BHVR want to keep happy and who is just the punching bag there to do it.

    If survivors are just running around as snowman, they're not on gens. So what's the problem?

    You won't get genrushed that way and then it's not okay again? Then I don't know what is, tbh.

  • @ggsk said:

    Worst event of the year (as killer)

    Care to explain why? Because I don't have any problems with snowman as killer.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689426#Comment_2689426

    Care to explain why? Because I don't have any problems with snowman as killer.

    Should not respawn it. I hate check it by M1.

    And can easy switch chase member.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689220#Comment_2689220

    If survivors are just running around as snowman, they're not on gens. So what's the problem?

    You won't get genrushed that way and then it's not okay again? Then I don't know what is, tbh.

    From a competitive standpoint, since the Survivor is not locked into an animation that stops all momentum such as when jumping in/out of a Locker (where if the Killer whiffs a hit you still don't gain distance), If you can line it up you can jump into a snowman mid-chase and essentially gain a free "hit" where the Killer has to hit you and have the hit slowdown whereas the Survivor is able to just Sprint out no issue.

    The solution would be to apply a small hinder to the Survivor that would negate any distance gained, if the Killer performs a successful hit on a Survivor in a Snowman. Survivors could still set them up in loop points for a pseudo dead-hard in Vault loops, but at the very least that requires setup. (And if made so that it's less desirable to hop into a Snowman that is out of position, it becomes a better hiding place, as the Killer wastes time just running around pre-kicking the Snowmen). Also if the Hinder is added, probably want to make base snowman movespeed a bit higher so it's actually feasible to set them up in loops.

    At the moment, the Snowman is an improved Tactical Locker, as absurd as it sounds.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689220#Comment_2689220

    If survivors are just running around as snowman, they're not on gens. So what's the problem?

    You won't get genrushed that way and then it's not okay again? Then I don't know what is, tbh.

    However, the Snowmen do provide an interesting possibility for what are normally considered "dead-zones" that have no loops. Perhaps this current iteration of Snowmen could become shrubbery (!!!!) that Survivors could hop into in places like sparse tree dead-zones zones in Autohaven instead of just the same-old pallet loops.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689220#Comment_2689220

    If survivors are just running around as snowman, they're not on gens. So what's the problem?

    You won't get genrushed that way and then it's not okay again? Then I don't know what is, tbh.

    Hmm, though watching gameplay it does look like they've addressed this by using a very slow jump animation that eats up time in a chase. However IMO this is the worst option: It feels slow on the Survivors side and if the Survivor successfully jukes the Killer with it it feels like you got robbed in all instances, in-loop and in dead-zones. Whereas if a hinder exit was applied with a fast entry, it would at the very least feel fluid on the Survivors side and feel less like being robbed on the Killers side when done in the open.

    However that does leave on the field two types of Interactable versions of Survivor Concealment:

    Slow entry-time that provides defense, mostly static placement in dead-zones (Current Event Snowmen (that don't spawn in places like Killer Shack) and suggested Shrubbery (!!!) base-game), and a fast entry-time that provides a short-term delay that can be moved into loops (Lockers and the suggested tweak to the Event Snowmen)

  • @ggsk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689446#Comment_2689446

    Should not respawn it. I hate check it by M1.

    And can easy switch chase member.

    The snowman only respawns if you (as a killer) break an empty one, if you break one that a survivor is in, that doesn't respawn.

  • @gammatsunami said:

    You guys are losing out on lots of money. If charms were in the IRL merch store, id be buying so many

    They should totally make a redbubble account. I mean, they already have the 2d designs. Just got those on redbubble and profit immediately.

    I'd buy something, I'm sure.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688171#Comment_2688171

    They should totally make a redbubble account. I mean, they already have the 2d designs. Just got those on redbubble and profit immediately.

    I'd buy something, I'm sure.

    Plot twist, they're gathering analytics of the most used Charms in order to maximize short-term profit on the Charms perceived as having the highest demand and will be releasing them later (Presumably after a marketing poke of an array of "Which one would you, if you could?" in order to get some early production for an easier release based on demand)

  • @AnObserver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689799#Comment_2689799

    Plot twist, they're gathering analytics of the most used Charms in order to maximize short-term profit on the Charms perceived as having the highest demand and will be releasing them later (Presumably after a marketing poke of an array of "Which one would you, if you could?" in order to get some early production for an easier release based on demand)

    ...and they profit less than anticipated since there are many pride pins on the market.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689827#Comment_2689827

    ...and they profit less than anticipated since there are many pride pins on the market.

    Yep, hence the Social Media poke to attempt to filter out "noise" (if not just common sense from marketing).

  • @AnObserver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689831#Comment_2689831

    Yep, hence the Social Media poke to attempt to filter out "noise" (if not just common sense from marketing).

    right.

    I was just making a joke about how the most worn charm is easily the pride pin (in my experience, at least), so if they only used analytics, they'd have trouble.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689835#Comment_2689835

    right.

    I was just making a joke about how the most worn charm is easily the pride pin (in my experience, at least), so if they only used analytics, they'd have trouble.

    Oh yeah, as soon as I started typing about analytics I was like: Well the Pride Charm is likely one, but very independent of DBD

  • @AnObserver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689841#Comment_2689841

    Oh yeah, as soon as I started typing about analytics I was like: Well the Pride Charm is likely one, but very independent of DBD

    for sure.

    that was my joke.

    sorry for being obtuse, I should have been clearer.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689848#Comment_2689848

    for sure.

    that was my joke.

    sorry for being obtuse, I should have been clearer.

    Oh not at all, I'm very obtuse as well when it comes to Jokes that actually have relevance.

    See:

    They could try to differentiate themselves from the market by pasting the DBD logo on a Pride charm, but that just comes across as being tone-deaf and money-grubbing.

    But, they could make the Charm a DBD logo with the color gradient of the Pride Flag, (Though that might be just as tone-deaf, as I might be tone-deaf given I'm a straight guy and not that active in that scene)

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689464#Comment_2689464

    The snowman only respawns if you (as a killer) break an empty one, if you break one that a survivor is in, that doesn't respawn.

    seriously?

    I'll play only doctor...

  • @AnObserver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689851#Comment_2689851

    Oh not at all, I'm very obtuse as well when it comes to Jokes that actually have relevance.

    See:

    They could try to differentiate themselves from the market by pasting the DBD logo on a Pride charm, but that just comes across as being tone-deaf and money-grubbing.

    But, they could make the Charm a DBD logo with the color gradient of the Pride Flag, (Though that might be just as tone-deaf, as I might be tone-deaf given I'm a straight guy and not that active in that scene)

    eh, pride coloured stuff is fine.

    I don't think anyone would have an issue with a BHVR sticker with pride colouration. it's different when a bank or something does it, but BHVR is clearly an ally, so it'd be fine with company stuff.

    plastering a logo on pride stuff may be off colour (pun intended), but I think it'd be mostly inoffensive.

  • Pretty sure doctor shock doesn't count because you don't get event bp/sparkles from that. I think by breaking with survivor in it it has to be hits that would produce the 400BP and sparkles.

  • @Olokun said:

    there is a bug for charms ? ATM i'm 9/10 cant unlock Christmas Inferno 'charm . 3 time i ve should unlocked it but it didnt. plz devs check it out

    I believe thats the killer charm so it wont show up up on survivor side.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    Mmm free old mettle of man ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜

    If a survivor can jump in before you can damage them, that same survivor could have ran and jump into the nearest locker too.

    Let alone that movementspeed is slower so you only lose distance.


    The only scenario I can think its good against, is instadowns, but again, you lose distance, and losing distance against an instadown is never good.

  • wait you can prob trap a survivor in a snowman forever if you camp it

    this gives me ideas.

    it involves rancor and nemesis


    you chase somebody til they drop a pallet on you and boom they are the obsession then camp them when they jump in a snowman until they leave it in the endgame and down them with rancor and mori them MWAHAHA

  • I've been having problems getting the rewards for the event on both killer and survivor. I've done all the required things in order to get the rewards for the event, I can tell because I'd get the blue glow effect that you receive for either hitting a survivor out of a snowman, or being hit out of a snowman myself. Is there a period of time for getting the affect that will allow you to get the reward. However, after almost all of my games I have gotten nothing. Is there something to the event that I'm missing? Perhaps someone could enlighten me on what I'm doing wrong.

  • @Potatotro said:

    I've been having problems getting the rewards for the event on both killer and survivor. I've done all the required things in order to get the rewards for the event, I can tell because I'd get the blue glow effect that you receive for either hitting a survivor out of a snowman, or being hit out of a snowman myself. Is there a period of time for getting the affect that will allow you to get the reward. However, after almost all of my games I have gotten nothing. Is there something to the event that I'm missing? Perhaps someone could enlighten me on what I'm doing wrong.

    The pop-up of what you got is shown in the tally screen at the end of the match, you may have skipped through it.

    If you got the sparkles, you got the unlock, maybe check the characters if you got any of these cosmetics:

    image.png

    Please keep in mind there's a survivor only charm and a killer only charm if you don't find them.

  • Where does the cocoa drip charm show up at? I don't seem to have it even though I should by now.

  • @Mandy said:

    From December 9th 11am ET - 23rd December 11am ET DbD is becoming holiday themed. There'll be holiday-themed hooks, lockers, generators and barrels.

    The Winter Party Starter will be found in the Bloodwebs of the survivors.

    Snowmen will be found inside every trial - 6 of them in fact.

    These Snowmen will supply shelter to the survivor in their time of need, perhaps you can even escape through the Exit Gates in one!

    In order to unlock a winter cosmetic you must do one of the following -

    • If a Survivor uses a Snowman to protect themselves from a Killer's attack
    • If a Killer hits a Snowman while a Survivor is hiding inside
    • If a Survivor escapes through the Exit Gates while inside a Snowman

    (you don't need to escape the match to get the cosmetic, it will be rewarded randomly at the end of the trial)

    You will earn a random killer or survivor reward and it does not need to be for the character you are playing in the trial:

    Cosmetics for:

    • The Wraith - Spine Candy
    • The Hag - Garland Talon
    • Yun-Jin Lee - The Loneliest Time
    • Mikaela Reid - Jolly Holiday Debt
    • Jonah Vasquez - Code-Cracker
    • The Artist - Frosty Eyes
    • The Trickster - Frosty Eyes

    Charms:

    • Gift Hatch
    • Christmas Inferno
    • Cocoa Dip

    For more information on what you can win, please refer to our website for further details and images.

    https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/winter-2021?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bone-chill&utm_content=winter-2021

    On the Steam forums there is a player insisting that it's random who gets a cosmetic... That while you have to do the things in game to qualify, its' still random if you get a reward or not. So me having gotten all 10 rewards in 11 games played is me being well loved by RNGesus and not the average player's experience.

    Is this true, or if you get the glowy aura, you'll get one of the cosmetics?

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/299205/winter-bone-chill-event

    On the Steam forums there is a player insisting that it's random who gets a cosmetic... That while you have to do the things in game to qualify, its' still random if you get a reward or not. So me having gotten all 10 rewards in 11 games played is me being well loved by RNGesus and not the average player's experience.

    Is this true, or if you get the glowy aura, you'll get one of the cosmetics?

    Where in your menu does the cocoa dip charm appear?

    I've got hit in like 20 snowmen and in my charm list I only see 2 of them in the event section unless for some reason it appears somewhere else?

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2690647#Comment_2690647

    Where in your menu does the cocoa dip charm appear?

    I've got hit in like 20 snowmen and in my charm list I only see 2 of them in the event section unless for some reason it appears somewhere else?

    Cocoa Dip is a survivor only charm. The Snowman Inferno is killer only. The Hatch Gift is both.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2690647#Comment_2690647

    Where in your menu does the cocoa dip charm appear?

    I've got hit in like 20 snowmen and in my charm list I only see 2 of them in the event section unless for some reason it appears somewhere else?

    I think that's the Survivor only charm.

    @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/299205/winter-bone-chill-event

    On the Steam forums there is a player insisting that it's random who gets a cosmetic... That while you have to do the things in game to qualify, its' still random if you get a reward or not. So me having gotten all 10 rewards in 11 games played is me being well loved by RNGesus and not the average player's experience.

    Is this true, or if you get the glowy aura, you'll get one of the cosmetics?

    As long as you get the sparkles you got the unlock for that match.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689865#Comment_2689865

    Pretty sure doctor shock doesn't count because you don't get event bp/sparkles from that. I think by breaking with survivor in it it has to be hits that would produce the 400BP and sparkles.

    I won't need blood point and cosmetics.

    I want just non stress game.

  • @ggsk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689995#Comment_2689995

    I won't need blood point and cosmetics.

    I want just non stress game.

    You want a unicorn?

  • Please turn this event off and just give people the silly holiday art.

  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687728#Comment_2687728

    The unlocks are random, you can get all of the cosmetics mentioned in the list Mandy posted.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687726#Comment_2687726

    As Survivor you get a random cosmetic of the mentioned list if you get hit while hiding in a snowman or if you escape while in a snowman, as Killer you simply need to hit a Survivor who is hiding in a snowman.

    It doesn't matter the role or the character you are playing, you will get a random cosmetic from that pool.

    (Sorry for repeating snowman so many times!)

    My question is do we have to do the snowman tasks more then once to get the other charms or cosmetics?

  • @mdg2018 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687737#Comment_2687737

    My question is do we have to do the snowman tasks more then once to get the other charms or cosmetics?

    Of course, you get one unlock every time you either hit a survivor who is hiding in a snowman, escape as a snowman or get hit while hiding in one.

    There's a total of 10 cosmetics to unlock, you don't get all of them the first time you complete the task.

  • @Anti051 said:

    Please turn this event off and just give people the silly holiday art.

    No thank you. Most of the community had. Even asking for devs tk keep doing holiday events. There was an uproar when it was asked should they not do them anymore. And I like this one the best out of all since to me it's more balanced than all the others. Especially since survivors don't have to escape to get the rewards.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2691627#Comment_2691627

    No thank you. Most of the community had. Even asking for devs tk keep doing holiday events. There was an uproar when it was asked should they not do them anymore. And I like this one the best out of all since to me it's more balanced than all the others. Especially since survivors don't have to escape to get the rewards.

    Let me get this straight. I literally can't do anything against the survivors in my rank pool on my main because of this silly event. So that means zero non-meme ghostface content for my channel for 2 weeks because reasons...Is that about the speed of things? Because if so, that's a pretty hefty amount of suck that you're asking me to just be quiet about.