How to bring every Exhaustion Perk to Dead Hard Level

Sprint Burst. Press E while walking to activate 2 seconds of haste. The pause from walking and the lack of Invincibility Frames would make the timing different from Dead Hard but it would be similar.

Smash Hit. 4 seconds of haste after dropping a pallet.

Head On. Make no sound while entering a locker with the perk active. Basically give it Quick and Quiet built in.

Balanced. Rework the maps so every single map has guaranteed drop points.

Lithe. Still 3 seconds of haste but make it activate-able by pressing E within 2 seconds after completing a vault action.

Comments

  • DH needs to be brought down to their level, not them up to DH. Head On and BL are probably the ideal level.

  • @Blueberry said:

    DH needs to be brought down to their level, not them up to DH. Head On and BL are probably the ideal level.

    Head On and Balanced Landing are the worst, most niche exhaustion perks.

  • Sprint Burst would literally be objectively better than Dead Hard if it was like that.

  • @GannTM said:

    Sprint Burst would literally be objectively better than Dead Hard if it was like that.

    Ok. Maybe Sprint Burst is activate-able while running and in the healthy state by pressing E. And its still only 2 seconds of 150 haste.

  • I can't think of one exhaustion perk that needs a buff.

  • @Mr_K said:

    I can't think of one exhaustion perk that needs a buff.

    Not even Head On??

  • It has a VERY generous range.

    Feels like I'm getting the Survivor version of Freddy lunge.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198012#Comment_2198012

    Head On and Balanced Landing are the worst, most niche exhaustion perks.

    You haven't seen Balanced Landing in Haddonfield I assume. It's OP there and survivors always bring a Haddonfield offering when they use it.

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198016#Comment_2198016

    You haven't seen Balanced Landing in Haddonfield I assume. It's OP there and survivors always bring a Haddonfield offering when they use it.

    It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Trust me.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198012#Comment_2198012

    Head On and Balanced Landing are the worst, most niche exhaustion perks.

    That's the point. An exhaustion perk shouldn't be over tweaked to gain an incredible leverage over the opponent. Sprint burst is strong, but in the correct sense. Dead hard has both invincibility frames and distance. Honestly, there should only be one or the other. Not two. That's why there is a good amount of complaints for it, you don't have to do anything specific to warrant this ability, you just get a free second chance.

  • Head on isn't bad. I'm not saying you are, but the main thing is not be extremely obvious about it. I can tell you how many times I avoided a Head on because I expected it. What you gotta do is surprise the killer. I'd say it's more of a teamwork perk, I helped saved other survivors with the perk because it distracted the killer.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198032#Comment_2198032

    Head on isn't bad. I'm not saying you are, but the main thing is not be extremely obvious about it. I can tell you how many times I avoided a Head on because I expected it. What you gotta do is surprise the killer. I'd say it's more of a teamwork perk, I helped saved other survivors with the perk because it distracted the killer.

    It doesn't matter if you don't make it obvious, once the killer knows you have Head On, they won't get close enough to lockers for you to use it, they'll just bait it out.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198086#Comment_2198086

    It doesn't matter if you don't make it obvious, once the killer knows you have Head On, they won't get close enough to lockers for you to use it, they'll just bait it out.

    As someone who uses this perk all the time, all I can say is map out your areas and choose the right moments to use it. There are a good number of lockers next to small corridors or ideal openings for the killer. It's a surprise tool, not a spam tool. You gotta make the killer temporarily forget about it, if they're not doing anything in the moment, of course they'll remember about head on, but if they're in a middle of something extremely important, you got your chance. Head on is a mind game.

  • Or they could rework the unecessary and extremely strong mechanic that kind of ######### up the balance of the game by providing free distance and basically making survivors shoot themselves in the foot by not bringing them because they're so ######### ridiculous.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198012#Comment_2198012

    Head On and Balanced Landing are the worst, most niche exhaustion perks.

    And they are two of the absolute strongest perks in the game. If Dead Hard and Sprint Burst were deleted, everyone would be using Lithe or Balanced Landing.

    Edit: Head On is already pretty commonly used, I doubt that one would change.

  • @Blueberry said:

    DH needs to be brought down to their level, not them up to DH. Head On and BL are probably the ideal level.

    yeah, instead of removing the activation requirements from the other Exhaustion Perks we should rather add one to Dead Hard so its not freely activatable at any point in a chase after the survivor got hit once.


    honestly, why not scrap the current "requirement" of being injured and add something new entirely? something like "after being in a chase for X seconds without getting hit, Dead Hard activates"

  • @Blueberry said:

    DH needs to be brought down to their level, not them up to DH. Head On and BL are probably the ideal level.

    BL is the most situational exhaustion perk, that can even be useless on certain maps. That's definitively not the ideal level.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198016#Comment_2198016

    That's the point. An exhaustion perk shouldn't be over tweaked to gain an incredible leverage over the opponent. Sprint burst is strong, but in the correct sense. Dead hard has both invincibility frames and distance. Honestly, there should only be one or the other. Not two. That's why there is a good amount of complaints for it, you don't have to do anything specific to warrant this ability, you just get a free second chance.

    Ever used dead hard? It doesn't sound like it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    DH needs to be brought down to their level, not them up to DH. Head On and BL are probably the ideal level.

    So you like almost useless Perks, eh?

    Bringing Perks to BL-Level would mean that they will not be used at all.

  • I agree other exhaustion perks could use some buffs but not to DH level. That would be like making all killer's Nurse lvl.

  • @Blueberry said:

    DH needs to be brought down to their level, not them up to DH. Head On and BL are probably the ideal level.

    DH would be easy to change, just remove the invincibility from it and keep the dash. Solves a lot of problems on both sides:

    • Survivors cannot complain about getting exhausted on the ground since the perk doesn't grant Immunity towards attacks
    • Killers will only see DH used to gain distance to a pallet or window, not to dodge attacks that would otherwise be considered a down

    As compensation, I'd like to see the distance this perk covers slightly increased as well as the speed curvature being slightly more aggressive. We could experiment with other compensation changes, but I don't know how much TO compensate since I don't know how damaging removing the invincibility from DH is.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198012#Comment_2198012

    DH would be easy to change, just remove the invincibility from it and keep the dash. Solves a lot of problems on both sides:

    • Survivors cannot complain about getting exhausted on the ground since the perk doesn't grant Immunity towards attacks
    • Killers will only see DH used to gain distance to a pallet or window, not to dodge attacks that would otherwise be considered a down

    As compensation, I'd like to see the distance this perk covers slightly increased as well as the speed curvature being slightly more aggressive. We could experiment with other compensation changes, but I don't know how much TO compensate since I don't know how damaging removing the invincibility from DH is.

    That might actually make Dead Hard stronger. Dodging an imminent attack is the weakest use of Dead Hard - barring Huntress/Deathslinger shots, you don't buy yourself significant time by doing this, because you're still right next to the killer and they can just hit you again. The speed boost to the pallet or window lets you make it a few more rounds around your current loop, or even make it to another tile. Turning it into a pure 'gain distance on command', and increasing the amount of distance, makes the headachey part of this perk headachier while weakening the part that killers could afford not to care about.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198012#Comment_2198012

    Head On and Balanced Landing are the worst, most niche exhaustion perks.

    A literal 3rd health state every 40 seconds is supposed to be niche.

    What we have now with things like DH is a literal 3rd health state for zero cost, zero requirement, zero downside, and not situational at all. That is the epitome of bad design and unbalanced.

    You either have effects that are strong but situational or weaker but very common in activation. Perks like DH are literally strong and common.

    There is absolutely zero reason you would not be running an exhaustion perk, especially ones like DH, on every. single. match., Unless you literally just did not care about winning. That is once again, the epitome of poor design.

    Every perk choice should be a weighing of the pros and cons associated with choosing it. DH has none of that. A few other exhaustion perks as well if you wanna go there.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198012#Comment_2198012

    DH would be easy to change, just remove the invincibility from it and keep the dash. Solves a lot of problems on both sides:

    • Survivors cannot complain about getting exhausted on the ground since the perk doesn't grant Immunity towards attacks
    • Killers will only see DH used to gain distance to a pallet or window, not to dodge attacks that would otherwise be considered a down

    As compensation, I'd like to see the distance this perk covers slightly increased as well as the speed curvature being slightly more aggressive. We could experiment with other compensation changes, but I don't know how much TO compensate since I don't know how damaging removing the invincibility from DH is.

    I'd actually like the complete opposite. Keep the immunity, ditch the distance.

    Why?

    The issue with the perk is not the immunity, it's the distance. You can bait out the immunity, IE "counter play". However the distance when used correctly has no counter play. You essentially greed every single loop, if they respect it, free loop, if they don't, you DH for distance and make the loop anyway.

    We want to keep the part that has counter play and get rid of the part that doesn't.

  • Yes. I have. Both survivor and killer.

  • Screenshot_20210518-222950_Chrome.jpg

    So I reiterate, it's getting to that point where it's one or the other. Even behavior said themselves "perks that have the highest pick rate might be tweaked for balance reasons" Such as Ruin and Balance Landing. God forbid they do the same to dead hard, but if they do nerf it, I'd say one of those has to go. Hopefully that doesn't happen

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198012#Comment_2198012

    Head On and Balanced Landing are the worst, most niche exhaustion perks.

    Bring back old balanced and rework Haddonfield. Then rework the perks to be at that level. I think that's balanced.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198086#Comment_2198086

    It doesn't matter if you don't make it obvious, once the killer knows you have Head On, they won't get close enough to lockers for you to use it, they'll just bait it out.

    Unless they don't know you're in there. It's a SWF perk, as in it takes communication to make work, but it's quite strong when it does.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    Hate to tell you. Sprint burst is better then dead hard

    But not as annoying. At least SB takes some skill to use efficiently.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198012#Comment_2198012

    DH would be easy to change, just remove the invincibility from it and keep the dash. Solves a lot of problems on both sides:

    • Survivors cannot complain about getting exhausted on the ground since the perk doesn't grant Immunity towards attacks
    • Killers will only see DH used to gain distance to a pallet or window, not to dodge attacks that would otherwise be considered a down

    As compensation, I'd like to see the distance this perk covers slightly increased as well as the speed curvature being slightly more aggressive. We could experiment with other compensation changes, but I don't know how much TO compensate since I don't know how damaging removing the invincibility from DH is.

    The invincibility isn't why DH is used.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198224#Comment_2198224

    That might actually make Dead Hard stronger. Dodging an imminent attack is the weakest use of Dead Hard - barring Huntress/Deathslinger shots, you don't buy yourself significant time by doing this, because you're still right next to the killer and they can just hit you again. The speed boost to the pallet or window lets you make it a few more rounds around your current loop, or even make it to another tile. Turning it into a pure 'gain distance on command', and increasing the amount of distance, makes the headachey part of this perk headachier while weakening the part that killers could afford not to care about.

    Actually, using Dead Hard to dodge attacks is a lot stronger and a lot more common than people realise. A lot of killers cannot bait it out even remotely consistently because of the design of their power - Nurse, Spirit, Huntress, Deathslinger, Blight, Plague, etc. . At least making it an on-command dash only would put it in line with Sprint Burst as 'ridiculously strong but not ridiculously flexible'.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198012#Comment_2198012

    So you like almost useless Perks, eh?

    Bringing Perks to BL-Level would mean that they will not be used at all.

    Wdym? dead hard is super strong with no downside, it’s basically mettle of man on steroids lol. No way perks should be this strong. It also take no skill as well to press a button lul

  • @ouroboros_world said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198207#Comment_2198207

    Wdym? dead hard is super strong with no downside, it’s basically mettle of man on steroids lol. No way perks should be this strong. It also take no skill as well to press a button lul

    If we go for Skill, every Perk should be nerfed, because they all dont need skill. DBD is an easy game in general, not a huge amount of Skill is needed to play it. And equipping Perks certainly does not need Skill.

    But I was asking why they want Perks to be nerfed to almost useless - like Balanced Landing is.

  • I agree with DH being brought in li e with others.

    It is such a mutated beast, where it is either OP when used right and completely worthless when used the way it was intended.


    I do like the distance removal BUT if killer uses M1 and survivor dodges is, killer should go into a much longer missed attack cooldown (mitigated by Unrelenting, giving it some more uses than just whiffing at loops on purpose).

    Tbis would allow survivor to gain more distance without haste effect.


    Other than that. Just make it a distance perk, but that's where current DS is OP at. (prolonging chases that are going badly with an I-frame on top of it).

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Or they could rework the unecessary and extremely strong mechanic that kind of ######### up the balance of the game by providing free distance and basically making survivors shoot themselves in the foot by not bringing them because they're so ######### ridiculous.

    As someone who never uses exhaustion perks you’re pretty much right.

    Ill be hit by pig toxin, huntress toxin, blood echo and mindbreaker and it doesn’t matter

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198224#Comment_2198224

    I'd actually like the complete opposite. Keep the immunity, ditch the distance.

    Why?

    The issue with the perk is not the immunity, it's the distance. You can bait out the immunity, IE "counter play". However the distance when used correctly has no counter play. You essentially greed every single loop, if they respect it, free loop, if they don't, you DH for distance and make the loop anyway.

    We want to keep the part that has counter play and get rid of the part that doesn't.

    I believe keeping the immunity would lead to some unfun moments on both sides.

    The killer can't visually see if the perk has been used, which will be frustrating on their end as they can't see if they baited it out.

    Survivors who successfully DH won't get much distance, making the timing to pull off much less rewarding and frustrating on their end.


    If we just remove the invincibility and keep the dash, it adds a bit of depth to the perk. You can't rely on invincibility to avoid damage, which means the survivors can't be reckless — they HAVE to get enough value from the dash to avoid damage. Which I believe is the best way to go about DH since it keeps the interaction / counterplay on both sides.

  • I still think it would be a good idea to give the exhaustion status effect an additional (negative) effect for the survivors.

    something like louder breathing and/or grunts of pain or minimal slower movement speed. It would make sense and give mindbreaker and exhaustion addons another value.


    Dead Hard should be looked at either way and I think they have stated they want to look at it..

  • Yeah the exhaustion perks don't need buffed. I probably wouldn't nerf them either, as people have said before you nerf DH and you'll get four sprint bursts (arguably worse) Nerf that as well and it'll be four lithes. Killers may not complain much about lithe but four of them in every match would get old fast as well. Etc

  • Lots of comp players already argue that sprint burst is better than dead hard and I'm inclined to agree. SB and DH are fine.

    Lithe should get a buff so that a fast vault that activates it is always a fast vault, regardless of how much run up or what angle you have on the window.

    Balanced landing they should either remove the exhaustion and speed boost from it entirely so it's just a fall stagger perk or they should up the speed boost to 4 seconds.

    Smash hit is already 4 seconds, instead it should slightly increase how long a killer is stunned for when used like a 25% longer stun.

    Head on should grant 150% speed for 2 seconds after successfully stunning the killer.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198126#Comment_2198126

    As someone who never uses exhaustion perks you’re pretty much right.

    Ill be hit by pig toxin, huntress toxin, blood echo and mindbreaker and it doesn’t matter

    I also never use them. I fell into the trap of wanting them every trial and panic-quit before it became an addiction and I started genuinely crutching on them.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198816#Comment_2198816

    I also never use them. I fell into the trap of wanting them every trial and panic-quit before it became an addiction and I started genuinely crutching on them.

    Only perk I crutch on is bond. Can’t play solo without it

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198856#Comment_2198856

    Only perk I crutch on is bond. Can’t play solo without it

    My new one is OoO. I just cannot take it off. I pumped 2M BP into Yui just so I could get it to tier 3.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    Lots of comp players already argue that sprint burst is better than dead hard and I'm inclined to agree. SB and DH are fine.

    Lithe should get a buff so that a fast vault that activates it is always a fast vault, regardless of how much run up or what angle you have on the window.

    Balanced landing they should either remove the exhaustion and speed boost from it entirely so it's just a fall stagger perk or they should up the speed boost to 4 seconds.

    Smash hit is already 4 seconds, instead it should slightly increase how long a killer is stunned for when used like a 25% longer stun.

    Head on should grant 150% speed for 2 seconds after successfully stunning the killer.

    can't tell if you're joking or being serious

  • They aren't in need of anything. They all do enough.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198339#Comment_2198339

    I believe keeping the immunity would lead to some unfun moments on both sides.

    The killer can't visually see if the perk has been used, which will be frustrating on their end as they can't see if they baited it out.

    Survivors who successfully DH won't get much distance, making the timing to pull off much less rewarding and frustrating on their end.

    If we just remove the invincibility and keep the dash, it adds a bit of depth to the perk. You can't rely on invincibility to avoid damage, which means the survivors can't be reckless — they HAVE to get enough value from the dash to avoid damage. Which I believe is the best way to go about DH since it keeps the interaction / counterplay on both sides.

    Well we'd obviously be adding a visual component to it since we wouldn't have the dash visual anymore.

    "Survivors who successfully DH won't get much distance, making the timing to pull off much less rewarding and frustrating on their end."

    Timing an Iframe to avoid a hit is literally the epitome of rewarding and is only frustrating if they miss time it. This makes it much more skill reliant which is good design.

    "If we just remove the invincibility and keep the dash, it adds a bit of depth to the perk."

    Lol no it does not ad depth. It is literally removing depth. I have already illustrated how it removes counter play and skill when used at loops.

    "You can't rely on invincibility to avoid damage, which means the survivors can't be reckless — they HAVE to get enough value from the dash to avoid damage."

    EXACTLY lol. It shouldn't be always reliable. It should require skill and not being reckless to get value. You are wanting a component that adds value regardless of any skill and with no counter play.

    Your arguments for distance and against the immunity are literally reinforcing why those are bad ideas.

    You also haven't made a point in regards to how the distance is balanced at things like loops. I pointed out why that is unhealthy as there is generally speaking no counter play when used for distance and not only that, but you wanted to increase the distance or control even more...

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198390#Comment_2198390

    If we go for Skill, every Perk should be nerfed, because they all dont need skill. DBD is an easy game in general, not a huge amount of Skill is needed to play it. And equipping Perks certainly does not need Skill.

    But I was asking why they want Perks to be nerfed to almost useless - like Balanced Landing is.

    But most perks either have a downside or really situational, imagine a killer perk that say press E to taunt the survivor towards you like in moba games with no downsides

  • @Blueberry said:

    DH needs to be brought down to their level, not them up to DH. Head On and BL are probably the ideal level.

    yah right, balance dead, MoM dead, DS dead meme perks, you dont even take them for fun because they are so bad usless xD and now please dead hard xD

  • @DudelPumaAce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198012#Comment_2198012

    yah right, balance dead, MoM dead, DS dead meme perks, you dont even take them for fun because they are so bad usless xD and now please dead hard xD

    MoM is the only one of those that's dead. You are so wrong about all the rest of this. DS is still one of the best perks in the game especially.

‹ 1 2