The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun

Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.

I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.

Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.

Thank you.

Tagged: BHVRModTrusted

Comments

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347559#Comment_2347559

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347557#Comment_2347557

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347544#Comment_2347544

    Yup, all of you guys are entitled as hail. Everybody demands instant fixes but you guys have no idea how difficult and slow going it is to find the cause of bugs, much less fix them. Yes, I get it, some of you fools spent huuuundreds of dollars on this game. That's on you, they can end support of this game at any time and you couldn't do anything about it. Its 5 years old. I've spent a total of $30 on this game and have all the killers. Game was free, all non licensed killers obtained with shards, and licensed killers obtained during half off sales. Just to show you how much its on you for spending all that money.

    you can just stay off this thread if you're tired of seeing it. All I know is we're gonna keep it going until we get the bug fixes we've been asking for.

  • I'm currently playing red dead redemption 2, and it is running like a dream on an old ps4.

    The instant I try dbd, my ps4 is fighting for its damn life.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    I'm currently playing red dead redemption 2, and it is running like a dream on an old ps4.

    The instant I try dbd, my ps4 is fighting for its damn life.

    I'm playing that too, gotta love psnow sometimes.

    For for real, DBD makes the PS4 blow it's fan so hard I feel like I need to turn the console off to give it a rest after just a few matches

  • It isn't entitlement to demand a game to be running at least somewhat without real issues. Sure, bugs happen here and there, that's part of the process of development of a game. But you can't put off people their argument as "entitlement" when you yourself (through your hard work, your own words (like other people don't work hard...)) have a almost 5k machine running this game.


    Not everyone has the money to buy such a beast of a machine you have. Others just like playing on console. Not everyone has the abilitiy to buy a new console when they're not even in stock.


    The game was running somewhat fine BEFORE the RE chapter dropped. After that it's a complete sh*tshow. It's not entitlement for people to ask the devs, who have no problem taking your money for their chapters/skins/rift pass, to have a working game. It's just not.

  • @Shdw_Void said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCE6ix8w1LA

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaFaHWhRsOM

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-1GKVdYY9g

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmMnDKfN3xs

    Round 7 of uploading clips I believe. That should be around 22 now with the bonus clip of a nemesis play I got. I got robbed of distance twice in the same game. one was an insta down practically. I did not expect my game to freeze for a good 5 seconds while going through the bloodweb as nemesis. what a time

    EDIT: I just realized I somehow missed uploading a meme to my channel and pasting it here. both videos were right next to each other. I refreshed my page and saw that it wasn't the nemesis clip. At this point I'll just leave it there. Last time I upload near 3am.

    Rewatching these clips and the fact you freeze yet killer is still moving is so frustrating. There's legit nothing you could've done to avoid that. Those freezes are complete game changers and it sucks.

    I feel like in the games I've played survivors have started to either hide more or lead killers to others more as way to get out of chases quicker to avoid these freezes screwing them over. Not only are they ruining the experience but they're causing survivors to play in a way that makes solo/2swf an extra crappy time.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2344859#Comment_2344859

    Rewatching these clips and the fact you freeze yet killer is still moving is so frustrating. There's legit nothing you could've done to avoid that. Those freezes are complete game changers and it sucks.

    I feel like in the games I've played survivors have started to either hide more or lead killers to others more as way to get out of chases quicker to avoid these freezes screwing them over. Not only are they ruining the experience but they're causing survivors to play in a way that makes solo/2swf an extra crappy time.

    I 100% agree with this, for console players.

    Just a quick question I didn't see it anywhere, has anyone asked what the Net speed is? Like the Over all speed, Up and Down and Ping?

    Or maybe I missed the Ping in the videos. I am not trying to find blame but it is a good question to ask if you don't know.


    I have said before, if a game is this poorly optimized for a sub group of people and the company refuses to fix it, walk away for a month, companies like this rely on CPB, if they see a drop they will respond with swift action to fix the problems. But folks have to be willing to walk away. It may not be the best advice might not even be the advice people want to acknowledge, but a stop usage of product is the quickest way to get heard and action. Lets face it most of these people playing (not pointing to anyone in particular) could use a good long break might bring down their toxicity level LOL.

    Also For console players they may have to considered that Sony and Microsoft's Netcode arent always optimal and can vary from game to game. For a PC player we only deal with our own Net speed and then the Servers from Behavior, so we only have two people to blame there. While a console player can have 1gb net speed but once it gets to sony or Microsoft that speed gets throttled to say 15 or 20 mb, Which in turns is dealing with 3 points instead of two and three people to blame, which has happened. Again not saying this is the case but has anyone taken this into account or asked this question

  • What I would like to ask moving forward from everyone to please avoid commenting that people should just upgrade - there are several reasons as to why someone might not be able to or simply doesn't want to. Either of those situations are fine. If you however still feel like to leave a comment with tips on how to upgrade, make sure it's understanding and respectful. This is an important matter to the community who play on those platforms and their voices certainly should be heard on it.

    Don't platform shame anyone, whether they play on console or pc, it does not matter. This is not something we would like to see here.

    It already has been acknowledged by BHVR, the console optimizaton issues that is (especially now after the recent chapter) - in the most recent patch too, that issues ongoing are being investigated. This is from the recent 5.0.2 patch:

    The team is still actively working on more fixes across multiple platforms, including consoles. We will be monitoring the changes made within this bugfix patch for stability.  (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/288-5-0-2-resident-evil)


  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    What I would like to ask moving forward from everyone to please avoid commenting that people should just upgrade - there are several reasons as to why someone might not be able to or simply doesn't want to. Either of those situations are fine. If you however still feel like to leave a comment with tips on how to upgrade, make sure it's understanding and respectful. This is an important matter to the community who play on those platforms and their voices certainly should be heard on it.

    Don't platform shame anyone, whether they play on console or pc, it does not matter. This is not something we would like to see here.

    It already has been acknowledged by BHVR, the console optimizaton issues that is (especially now after the recent chapter) - in the most recent patch too, that issues ongoing are being investigated. This is from the recent 5.0.2 patch:

    The team is still actively working on more fixes across multiple platforms, including consoles. We will be monitoring the changes made within this bugfix patch for stability.  (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/288-5-0-2-resident-evil)

    Thank you for keeping this post open and just deleting the comments. Very much appreciated.

    Also thank you for the comment on upgrading. Feel like it's something we repeat alot in these conversations so it's really nice to see that comment coming from a mod. :)

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347559#Comment_2347559

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347557#Comment_2347557

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347544#Comment_2347544

    Yup, all of you guys are entitled as hail. Everybody demands instant fixes but you guys have no idea how difficult and slow going it is to find the cause of bugs, much less fix them. Yes, I get it, some of you fools spent huuuundreds of dollars on this game. That's on you, they can end support of this game at any time and you couldn't do anything about it. Its 5 years old. I've spent a total of $30 on this game and have all the killers. Game was free, all non licensed killers obtained with shards, and licensed killers obtained during half off sales. Just to show you how much its on you for spending all that money.

    Is it also on us to still be waiting for that goal they set back in March 2019 for ALL PLATFORMS will run their dang game at 60fps minimum?

    My Xbox rarely gets up to 30 on DBD, just this game only mind you, and can slip into the teens on indoor maps.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    What I would like to ask moving forward from everyone to please avoid commenting that people should just upgrade - there are several reasons as to why someone might not be able to or simply doesn't want to. Either of those situations are fine. If you however still feel like to leave a comment with tips on how to upgrade, make sure it's understanding and respectful. This is an important matter to the community who play on those platforms and their voices certainly should be heard on it.

    Don't platform shame anyone, whether they play on console or pc, it does not matter. This is not something we would like to see here.

    It already has been acknowledged by BHVR, the console optimizaton issues that is (especially now after the recent chapter) - in the most recent patch too, that issues ongoing are being investigated. This is from the recent 5.0.2 patch:

    The team is still actively working on more fixes across multiple platforms, including consoles. We will be monitoring the changes made within this bugfix patch for stability.  (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/288-5-0-2-resident-evil)

    I appreciate what you said and I hope the mid chapter can help improve the performance on all platforms or at least help find what causing the problems other then the hdd.

  • @zombitehdeath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2353651#Comment_2353651

    I appreciate what you said and I hope the mid chapter can help improve the performance on all platforms or at least help find what causing the problems other then the hdd.

    Same I've been content with my opinions until the update

  • That's so frustrating. I've had similar but not that bad where it's double hit like that.

  • I feel ya dude. I

    I have it constantly in my games. There was one game I froze thrice in a few seconds.

    The only time it help me was because the killer also froze at the same time I did (still lost the chase tho)

  • Im sure its a difficult problem to fix, that doesn't change the fact that they knowingly altered the game in a way that would make it unplayable on console. I can only assume they knew what they were doing all along. We all know they had a meeting at some point where they weighed the costs and benefits of new content/updates/etc. vs. optimization on consoles, and they chose the former, ensuring that a massive part of their player base would have the game ruined.

  • Shouldn't we all expect a game that's for sale on console to work on console? I mean #########.

  • @umad said:

    Shouldn't we all expect a game that's for sale on console to work on console? I mean #########.

    Just got layers of fear 2 it has a no fps cap option and is gorgeous with no freezes

    Edit it's also on sale for 5$

  • @zombitehdeath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2353726#Comment_2353726

    I feel ya dude. I

    I have it constantly in my games. There was one game I froze thrice in a few seconds.

    The only time it help me was because the killer also froze at the same time I did (still lost the chase tho)

    @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2353726#Comment_2353726

    That's so frustrating. I've had similar but not that bad where it's double hit like that.

    I turned the game off after that, the random frame drops are bad enough but the way it happened on the video I shared is damn awful.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    What I would like to ask moving forward from everyone to please avoid commenting that people should just upgrade - there are several reasons as to why someone might not be able to or simply doesn't want to. Either of those situations are fine. If you however still feel like to leave a comment with tips on how to upgrade, make sure it's understanding and respectful. This is an important matter to the community who play on those platforms and their voices certainly should be heard on it.

    Don't platform shame anyone, whether they play on console or pc, it does not matter. This is not something we would like to see here.

    It already has been acknowledged by BHVR, the console optimizaton issues that is (especially now after the recent chapter) - in the most recent patch too, that issues ongoing are being investigated. This is from the recent 5.0.2 patch:

    The team is still actively working on more fixes across multiple platforms, including consoles. We will be monitoring the changes made within this bugfix patch for stability.  (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/288-5-0-2-resident-evil)

    I appreciate you so much for saying this. thank you

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355388#Comment_2355388

    Just got layers of fear 2 it has a no fps cap option and is gorgeous with no freezes

    Edit it's also on sale for 5$

    Great game. I liked the story in 1 better tho.

  • 2.3 k posts. My goodness

  • @BingBongMan said:

    I'm currently playing red dead redemption 2, and it is running like a dream on an old ps4.

    The instant I try dbd, my ps4 is fighting for its damn life.

    I run DBD on my Xbox One Series X, which we all know is one of the most powerful consoles to date. If you guys need a comparison as to how powerful my console is, it's almost equivalent to top tier gaming PC. Yet, with me having the most lastest gaming system that has all the latest technology to run games smoothly, it still struggles to run the game, especially when I play as the killer.

  • Came here to contribute. Not my content, but nonetheless interesting.


    Here's a twitter thread with many instances of the same issue

    https://twitter.com/xandonjohnson/status/1414427270966558720


    Would appreciate a lot if guys hit like, RT and/or comment on it.


    I'm starting to believe BHVR's community management team has troll accounts in place to discredit content like this. I'm noticing most of the accounts that are attacking others because of the current state of the game have very few followers and activity overall.

  • Never played had a friend stream it for me now I'm doing the same for them

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355998#Comment_2355998

    Never played had a friend stream it for me now I'm doing the same for them

    Have fun bro. It is a great game. Don't get too spooked tho like me trying to play white day remake atm and relieving my traumas from the days when I played original lol.

    It is good to play other games while we wait for the "fix".

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356529#Comment_2356529

    Have fun bro. It is a great game. Don't get too spooked tho like me trying to play white day remake atm and relieving my traumas from the days when I played original lol.

    It is good to play other games while we wait for the "fix".

    Let's hope so

  • @RandDBD said:

    Came here to contribute. Not my content, but nonetheless interesting.

    Here's a twitter thread with many instances of the same issue

    https://twitter.com/xandonjohnson/status/1414427270966558720

    Would appreciate a lot if guys hit like, RT and/or comment on it.

    I'm starting to believe BHVR's community management team has troll accounts in place to discredit content like this. I'm noticing most of the accounts that are attacking others because of the current state of the game have very few followers and activity overall.

    Good bloody golly that is awful, its really not funny anymore at this point. These are long term issues that have been going on for months, upgrading is not a "solution" because BHVR clearly cares about these platforms


    If they didn't than why would they continue to port the Chapters and fill their shop with the same cosmetics we get? BHVR has an obligation to fix these issues and at least openly acknowledge the thousands of paying customers that have come their way. This is more than a last gen console issue this is a DBD PLAYERBASE problem we all need to be pressing BHVR to improve this game's performance

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356029#Comment_2356029

    Good bloody golly that is awful, its really not funny anymore at this point. These are long term issues that have been going on for months, upgrading is not a "solution" because BHVR clearly cares about these platforms

    If they didn't than why would they continue to port the Chapters and fill their shop with the same cosmetics we get? BHVR has an obligation to fix these issues and at least openly acknowledge the thousands of paying customers that have come their way. This is more than a last gen console issue this is a DBD PLAYERBASE problem we all need to be pressing BHVR to improve this game's performance

    It's actually been worsening for the last few years.

  • Where almost here guys 80 pages let’s do this

  • Another awesome Dead Hard rewind clip:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhnJfjq8QcM

    Really hope there is some sort of patch tomorrow but I'll be surprised if there is.

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    Another awesome Dead Hard rewind clip:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhnJfjq8QcM

    Really hope there is some sort of patch tomorrow but I'll be surprised if there is.

    I suggest switching out dead hard for something else. It is a suicide perk from what I have seen and experienced.

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    Another awesome Dead Hard rewind clip:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhnJfjq8QcM

    Really hope there is some sort of patch tomorrow but I'll be surprised if there is.

    yeah I've been having that same problem with DH. I doubt there will be a hotfix tomorrow, hope I'm wrong tho.

  • The game froze my entire PS4 today. I was running to make a save, and when I got close everything just froze. The power button on the PS4 wouldn't even work, I had to unplug it, which the system was super happy about.

    It's weird, 'cause the game crashed on Switch the other day when I was running to make a save. Probably just a coincidence, though. The Switch crash was on RPD and the PS4 freeze was on Badham.

    The low framerate and stuttering on the Switch is hell on trying to hit skill checks, btw. It's constantly feeling like there's not enough visual information or that they change speed. I didn't experience much of an improvement with the recent change to the graphics, when BHVR put them on the low setting so it looks like I'm playing a PS2 game. When I play on Switch, I dream of a future with a nice steady 20 fps. Skill checks need a steady framerate or the game might as well just skip the middle man and teleport the killer over.

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    Jesus, 77 pages? When will this dumb post die so i can stop looking at it? God, nothing but entitled whiners on here, I swear...

    No one forces you to look at this thread. You are the entitled one.

    No one cares about what you want to see on the DBD forums.

    This topic is DBD related so people can discuss it all they want. Your opinion and your definition of the term "entitled" means nothing.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347537#Comment_2347537

    No one forces you to look at this thread. You are the entitled one.

    No one cares about what you want to see on the DBD forums.

    This topic is DBD related so people can discuss it all they want. Your opinion and your definition of the term "entitled" means nothing.

    Sheesh u good

  • _20210713_015712.JPG

    Seems like extending event/rift gave people hope there would be an update before mid-chapter patch is released.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1KAR9BT2ZU7S/20210713-015712-jpg.jpg

    Seems like extending event/rift gave people hope there would be an update before mid-chapter patch is released.

    Probably because extending it doesn't make any sense if that is the only thing they are doing.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347537#Comment_2347537

    No one forces you to look at this thread. You are the entitled one.

    No one cares about what you want to see on the DBD forums.

    This topic is DBD related so people can discuss it all they want. Your opinion and your definition of the term "entitled" means nothing.

    Entitled much, eh?

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2347537#Comment_2347537

    No one forces you to look at this thread. You are the entitled one.

    No one cares about what you want to see on the DBD forums.

    This topic is DBD related so people can discuss it all they want. Your opinion and your definition of the term "entitled" means nothing.

    Do yourself a favor and ignore that troll.

    He's just trying to get a reaction

  • @Exerath1992 I suggest if you don't have anything helpful to add to the thread you just move along and post on another thread where you do have some relevant information.

    FWIW, we have acknowledged the issues on consoles and nobody believes that the people who are dealing with this issue are "entitled whiners" so please move along to another thread.

  • https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1414948992966877189?s=19

    We now have a confirmed date on when to expect these changes (aka the midchapter if the 2nd sentence is to be believed). More performance fixes should also be on the way in future updates though obviously absolutely no dates for these are concrete.

    Sorry it's been a hot minute since I contributed here but hey the news bringer brings more news

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1414948992966877189?s=19

    We now have a confirmed date on when to expect these changes (aka the midchapter if the 2nd sentence is to be believed). More performance fixes should also be on the way in future updates though obviously absolutely no dates for these are concrete.

    Sorry it's been a hot minute since I contributed here but hey the news bringer brings more news

    🤞🤞🤞

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1414948992966877189?s=19

    We now have a confirmed date on when to expect these changes (aka the midchapter if the 2nd sentence is to be believed). More performance fixes should also be on the way in future updates though obviously absolutely no dates for these are concrete.

    Sorry it's been a hot minute since I contributed here but hey the news bringer brings more news

    This and the mod comment are making me hopeful for the fix and I hope it does fix most of the problems.

    right now they seem they are trying to their best to fix this problem and if they keep up with it. We might be able to play this game with no fear of having problem that could affect the gameplay.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1414948992966877189?s=19

    We now have a confirmed date on when to expect these changes (aka the midchapter if the 2nd sentence is to be believed). More performance fixes should also be on the way in future updates though obviously absolutely no dates for these are concrete.

    Sorry it's been a hot minute since I contributed here but hey the news bringer brings more news

    Thanks for the update.

    I think a lot of people are skeptically hopeful

  • @MandyTalk. do you think it's possible to get some ideas of what's being changed?

  • @onemind said:

    @MandyTalk. do you think it's possible to get some ideas of what's being changed?

    I saw this on Twitter, I hope this is one of many fixes needed.

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1414956383762538510?s=19


  • I'm holding off on being excited for this. Who knows how they'll break the game with this update.

  • @onemind said:

    @MandyTalk. do you think it's possible to get some ideas of what's being changed?

    From my understanding it's various things including the HDD situation, I don't have the full technical information I'm afraid - it's a bit over my head!

  • can someone help me explain what this HDD situation is??

1 … 45 46 47 48 49 … 82