The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun

Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.

I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.

Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.

Thank you.

Tagged: BHVRModTrusted

Comments

  • @Yords said:

    I even have some recordings of my own on PC, but it is just me getting low frames... on low graphics...

    But my PC is not bad either which shows how bad it is. While the game freezing doesn't happen on PC, it just runs poorly and gives us low framerates. It isn't just consoles either, it's all platforms.

    Specs:

    • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
    • 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
    • GTX1660 ti max Q

    macmillian and autohaven in particular, but sometimes in the other maps as well. All maps actually.

    Update: It has gotten pretty bad now, frame drops are now much more frequent and I am starting to experience freezing every once in a while. My PC may not be god-tier, but it is still pretty good (at least I am pretty sure it is, not exactly a savant in tech). I shouldn't even be experiencing this, no one should. What is the point of bringing out new content if your game doesn't even work properly for most of the playerbase?

    How are you getting bad performance?

    Your PC is better than mine but I hit 90-120fps consistently throughout the game no matter what map.

    * Ryzen 3 2200G

    * GTX 1660 Super

    * 90-120fps everywhere at all times while streaming

    Stuttering does happen every now and then but they are very small microstutters that only take a fraction of a second.

  •  "Oh no; they need more time to fix bugs. Heaven forbid! It's been 2 years so it should all work because some person on the internet who has 0 clue how it works says it should work! 🙄" That's what I was told and it's these comments that keep the game in it's poor state.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366249#Comment_2366249

    If you're saying you got your IP revealed, they can only track as far as like... state or city, if you're in America iirc. It's not actually that threatening, they'll literally never be able to track you down.

    Nah, they just fried it.

    Zip bombs and stuff.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366221#Comment_2366221

    Yes,i'm still playing.

    Definetely a lot less than before the update but Nemesis is just too much fun (even if he destroys my FPS whenever i use his power)

    Wow you play Nemesis even tho the game is at its worst then?

    You must really like him. As someone who mostly plays survivor now I really dislike him because of the freezes. I wonder If I'll change my mind if they fix the game.

    I love re and after what happened I hardly like anything re related in dbd. And how hyped we were right? Map, I won't even go there to spare you. Claire...

    This was supposed to be one of my favorite chapters and it ended up to be the worst.

  • Sorry, I just saw your comment.

    They just fried my router. They didn't leak my IP or anything, not that that would do much.

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359656#Comment_2359656

    I mean this has been acknowledged as an issue as far back as March 2019 or earlier when they gave us this roadmap and said consoles would be optimised to run at 60fps, and look at the state we are in now in 2021, closer to 6fps than 60fps lol.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49456/status-update-optimization

    The immediate concern is to get the issues that arose with the Nemesis patch fixed and then carry out other optimisation on the rest of the game.

    Its literally been years already and this thread is the result of nothing but steps bacward over the last 2 years since this elaborate Road to 60fps plan that they never talk about any more, or answer questions on.

    They really are false promises, but God, 2 years and still no news, we really have to shout so that we are heard.

  • https://youtu.be/Qtef-RPmmbc https://youtu.be/y_xlH-Pj1qM https://youtu.be/W-ZhWTsDmu4 https://youtu.be/CcSHcUfQkMA

    Just reminding everyone that it isn't a good time on current-gen systems at the moment. Seems like some people thought it was fine.

    Also, Crotus Prenn maps on Console are a nightmare. Can we please remove all the extra smoke and particle effects? They make my Xbox want to explode.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://youtu.be/Qtef-RPmmbc

    https://youtu.be/y_xlH-Pj1qM

    https://youtu.be/W-ZhWTsDmu4

    https://youtu.be/CcSHcUfQkMA

    Just reminding everyone that it isn't a good time on current-gen systems at the moment. Seems like some people thought it was fine.

    Also, Crotus Prenn maps on Console are a nightmare. Can we please remove all the extra smoke and particle effects? They make my Xbox want to explode.

    General performance issues are supposed to be resolved on July 27?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://youtu.be/Qtef-RPmmbc

    https://youtu.be/y_xlH-Pj1qM

    https://youtu.be/W-ZhWTsDmu4

    https://youtu.be/CcSHcUfQkMA

    Just reminding everyone that it isn't a good time on current-gen systems at the moment. Seems like some people thought it was fine.

    Also, Crotus Prenn maps on Console are a nightmare. Can we please remove all the extra smoke and particle effects? They make my Xbox want to explode.

    People think the game runs fine now? Lol.

    And about your router I had to google that because I never heard of that hack. And wow. I don't even know If I should be surprised or not considering how people are tbh.

  • I wanna play Nemesis so bad. But, it's impossible.

  • @Jarol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2367549#Comment_2367549

    General performance issues are supposed to be resolved on July 27?

    It's been acknowledged before.

    @not_Queen said:

    Over the past six months, we have allocated strike teams with the mission of improving the overall health of the game. As announced last December, we have developers working on a new matchmaking algorithm which we are actively testing and are almost ready to deploy. We are also targeting to migrate the game to dedicated servers by the end of summer 2019.

    This blog post is meant to update you on the efforts put on optimization, which aim to enhance the overall game’s performance.

    When we first released Dead by Daylight back in 2016, we targeted 30 FPS on our minimum spec. Up until recently, we optimized the game in bursts; for the console launch and before releasing a new Killer. We are now ready to set a new performance target: Dead by daylight will run at 60 FPS on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and minimum spec PCs.

    Reaching 60 FPS on Dead by Daylight is not an easy task. It is a multifaceted iterative process that started six months ago and will be ongoing for months. Our strike team of programmers dedicated to optimizing the game has their hands deep into the game code. To summarize, optimization improves the frame rate by using less CPU and GPU cycles to update and render the world faster without any apparent loss of quality.

    See below for a high-level view of our optimization roadmap.

    STEP 1: UPDATE TO UNREAL ENGINE 4.20

    Target: Chapter 10 and incremental changes with every engine update (update to 4.21 is planned for chapter 11)

    The engine update was a necessity to move forward with the optimization process.

    All the Unreal engine features below gives us additional tools and means to enhance the performance of the game: the new Apex integration (dynamic mesh simulation), RHI/Render thread split, Epic’s mesh reduction tool & improved animation thread tooling are just a few examples.

    STEP 2: CPU, GPU AND CONTEXTUAL OPTIMIZATIONS

    Target: Chapter 11 and ongoing

    This is the core of the work to improve the performance and the game’s frame rate.
    There are many opportunities for optimization, but here are the three main pillars overarching our efforts:

    CPU optimizations: improving the game’s baseline systems

    This is where the game world is simulated (interactions, character navigation, perks and powers). We will be converting our slowest gameplay blueprints to C++ which should, in specific cases, run ten to two hundred times faster. We are also moving from a tick-based system to an event-based-system. A tick-based system is much more demanding, as it constantly pokes the CPU to know when to trigger an action, while an event-based system can enable an event only when necessary and therefore reduce the stress on the CPU.

    GPU Optimizations: Overall Graphic Optimizations

    The GPU is where the game world is rendered into an image which is then drawn on the screen. The optimization actions listed below mainly affect the game’s visual representation. The objective is to render the world faster without sacrificing quality. We will be updating our anti-aliasing system to TXAA and moving the SSAO to a compute shader, simplify our shadow pass, optimize character outlines, improve LODs, slim render passes, bake more lights, use imposter rendering for specific objects (trees, grass) and more.

    Contextual Optimizations: Performance Spikes for Specific Actions

    We are working on optimizations that pay at any given time when you play (as mentioned above under GPU/CPU) but we also know there are specific actions and/or Killers that will need extra optimization. These are problematic cases where we see major hitches in performance. Here are a few examples: multiple characters moving in close quarters, specific Killer slow down, perks combination, etc.

    STEP 3: UPDATING OUR GUIDELINES AND PROCESSES

    Target: Chapter 12 and ongoing

    While we optimize the existing gameplay and graphic systems, we develop better tools and methods to implement new features. When we have a new process figured out, it is documented and shared with our development team who can then apply these learnings for the creation of new content.

    Our objective is to offer a better performance on all platforms, making the game look smoother and the controls more reactive. Still, doing such majors changes all at once (game engine update and rewriting game code) is bound to briefly disrupt things and require some adaptation time. We hope you understand that this is a transition period and an investment to improve the game.

    Don’t hesitate to share your feedback on our forums or social media if you encounter an issue. Our objective is to keep you updated on our progress in the coming months. The upcoming Dead by Daylight anniversary will be a great timing to give you additional visibility on our progress.

    See you in the fog,
    The Dead by Daylight team

    @Nobsyde said:

    (for the original post look below)

    UPDATE #2 (SEPTEMBER 1)

    @MandyTalk posted this reply:

    "If you don't keep this thread on topic, it will be closed.

    When we have information we will post it."

    So here's asking to all the new comers: please, don't spam and remain in-topic as much as possible. The new patch is almost here and it would be a shame to not have this topic ready to discuss if and what changed. Thank you guys!

    UPDATE #1 (August 28)

    Q: did BHVR acknowledge the consoles problem?

    A: NO. The only thing that BHVR did in this topic was to say, and I quote from @PatBrutal, "Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it."

    The reply from Pat was on August 13th, and since then we haven't received any update on the matter. We currently don't know:

    • if the Dev Team actually did read the post
    • if they understand there is a frame rate problem
    • if they are willing to work on the problem
    • if they are able to work on the problem
    • if the problem has any priority over other work
    • if yes at all of the above: when the issues are expected to be resolved

    Aside for the (non existent) public communications here on the forum, today there has been a tweet from the DbD official account that states as follow:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LNGBR0C61IDY/image.png

    notice the post is not talking about any improvement over the current fps on console, just that they apparently acknowledge console need special care for the graphical update.

    if BHVR should ever decide to give any new public statement on the matter, it will be posted as a new update.

    -----------------

    ORIGINAL POST (august 5)

    There are plenty of feedback on the optimization sub board but I don't see any reply from BHVR, so, once again:

    are you aware that fps on console (PS4, at least) degraded A LOT since 4.1.0 when playing as killer?

    Here, I'll post you a video from today on Hawkins, it's basically a slide show every time a survivor is on screen.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489

    (if it doesn't open: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489)

    as a comparison, here's the same map (different killer, but trust me, it's not the Oni the problem), but from one month ago

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944

    (again: direct link is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944)

    The frame rate obviously is still far from optimal, but it's a great deal better than how it is now.

    Can you, @Peanits , @Almo or whoever else at least say "yes, we know, expect a fix soon / buy a pc you filthy console peasant"?

    EDIT: bonus video - Hillbilly on a very open (and not very elaborate, polygonally speaking?) map.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvi3tYBSOA

    The framerate is certainly better than on Hawkins, but as you can see every time there's a chase, maybe at T-L walls, everything goes south.


  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2367549#Comment_2367549

    People think the game runs fine now? Lol.

    And about your router I had to google that because I never heard of that hack. And wow. I don't even know If I should be surprised or not considering how people are tbh.

    Dead By Daylight attracts some of the best and some of the worst people.

    It's just how it is.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://youtu.be/Qtef-RPmmbc

    https://youtu.be/y_xlH-Pj1qM

    https://youtu.be/W-ZhWTsDmu4

    https://youtu.be/CcSHcUfQkMA

    Just reminding everyone that it isn't a good time on current-gen systems at the moment. Seems like some people thought it was fine.

    Also, Crotus Prenn maps on Console are a nightmare. Can we please remove all the extra smoke and particle effects? They make my Xbox want to explode.

    Yeah,that's my average experience as Nemesis on PS4.

    Not really fun to get screwed by FPS drops every time you use your power 👁👄👁

  • I don't understand how it works, but if there's a lag spike mid-pounce as Victor you just don't move but it counts it as a missed pounce...HOW!? You don't even move???

  • I don't really understand why Behavior fell behind on this or dropped it. They must have addressed it a long time ago... To this day I suffer with Raccoon City and I refuse to play on that infernal map.

  • @Jarol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2367604#Comment_2367604

    I don't really understand why Behavior fell behind on this or dropped it. They must have addressed it a long time ago... To this day I suffer with Raccoon City and I refuse to play on that infernal map.

    I've been here (lurking) since October-ish of 2018.

    They say things and just never do them and we never find out why.

  • A Pig chased a survivor around me while I was in a locker and it made me drop so many frames and I don't even understand how.

    Seriously, what happened, game? The Exhaustion perk and the hits, that I understand, but I was sitting in a locker watching these two randomly pause in place every few steps then teleport, staring at all of out below-60 pings, wondering how the chase around a pallet-free Temple Pillars tile was dragging on for so long. Well, I guess I know how, but still. Lemme leave and not be subjected to the slideshow of horror.

    Also ######### RBT boxes, they can go die in a hole full of scorpions. Tiny scorpions. Tiny scorpions being ridden by termites. With guns.

  • Playing Twins on console is pretty hard rn, but they're my fav and its still fun to play them.

    I just hope the incoming patch on the 27th really helps the game, but I'm not gonna have my hopes up yet.

  • @Shaped said:

    10 more days. Kinda tempted to play it again even in it's state atm, but I am afraid I will get frustrated more than enjoy it.

    Are you guys still playing or waiting for the update?

    I'm still playing, I love this game too much that it's hard to stay away from it lolol.

  • Just lost all of my points in a multi-cake match where I escaped as survivor because of a RANK UPDATE error. Disheartened and feeling like quitting after that.

  • Yesterday I played against a Trickster. I was being chased at a loop. I got away from a pallet to get some distance (he was chasing me also away from a pallet), I got a huge freeze and suddenly he was next to me (and he walked into a wall). After that I got downed.


    I saved the clip because I wanted to watch it later, and when that huge freeze happened ingame, the video just skips a bit and the moment I got a lagspike and he walked into a wall is just missing from the clip (I didn't edit it, he just out itself skipped that moment).

    It looks like the game did something with the recording or the HDD died for a few seconds and then got back into recording.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366221#Comment_2366221

    I'm still playing, I love this game too much that it's hard to stay away from it lolol.

    As long as you get some enjoyment out of it. I am having fun with streets of rage 4 dlc atm while I wait.

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    Just lost all of my points in a multi-cake match where I escaped as survivor because of a RANK UPDATE error. Disheartened and feeling like quitting after that.

    Ohhh man I know that feeling.

  • I loaded up the PS4 version of DBD on my PS5 so the last two prestige trophies could pop on that version and I was greeted with this:

    User: "1E263E0B-036D-4DFD-B3B7-BFE48E7159F3.jpeg"

    Why is Nemesis so blurry? I’m not expecting 4K quality but I don’t remember the game ever looking this bad. Is it trying to reach 60 FPS and just sacrificing resolution to do so? This isn’t even on the PS4 console. This is being played through backwards compatibility, so I would think it’d take advantage of the PS5’s strength and look better than this. Unless this is part of the issues the RE chapter brought to last gen consoles?

    Here’s a screenshot of the PS5 version for comparison:

    D90D974A-0A60-40F8-9DAF-481F793F0F88.jpeg
  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I loaded up the PS4 version of DBD on my PS5 so the last two prestige trophies could pop on that version and I was greeted with this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z5P7JYP77TPC/1e263e0b-036d-4dfd-b3b7-bfe48e7159f3.jpeg

    Why is Nemesis so blurry? I’m not expecting 4K quality but I don’t remember the game ever looking this bad. Is it trying to reach 60 FPS and just sacrificing resolution to do so? This isn’t even on the PS4 console. This is being played through backwards compatibility, so I would think it’d take advantage of the PS5’s strength and look better than this. Unless this is part of the issues the RE chapter brought to last gen consoles?

    Here’s a screenshot of the PS5 version for comparison:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A749ILRP8ZER/d90d974a-0a60-40f8-9daf-481f793f0f88.jpeg

    Can't say anything about PS5 but the game got quite blurry on PS4 for some reason.

    Don't know if it's FPS or related anything,but it really feels like i'm playing something between 480p and 720p

  • I haven't played in over a week. Logged in once just to get the bp/shards then closed out and played something else as soon as I made sure they went through. I'll check it out once patch goes through but until then I have 0 patience to put up with the performance issues.

  • @bm33 said:

    I haven't played in over a week. Logged in once just to get the bp/shards then closed out and played something else as soon as I made sure they went through. I'll check it out once patch goes through but until then I have 0 patience to put up with the performance issues.

    Same now I only play because my friends force me to

  • I had blink problems yesterday with Bubba in Crotus Prenn. The chapel to be exact. For the next one I will document everything through OBS Studio.

  • I was really only playing with my swf teammate, if I played solo was to get a few killer challenges done. He finally finished the rift so we're both taking break from DBD. I got him to start playing the Outer Worlds so that helped. 😂

  • @Jarol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2367549#Comment_2367549

    General performance issues are supposed to be resolved on July 27?

    And would that address the issues brought on by the RE chapter and the two patches since, or the two plus years of issues all over this thread?

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2367555#Comment_2367555

    And would that address the issues brought on by the RE chapter and the two patches since, or the two plus years of issues all over this thread?

    There's nothing else to do other than wait and see

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2367555#Comment_2367555

    And would that address the issues brought on by the RE chapter and the two patches since, or the two plus years of issues all over this thread?

    At least the first one. If not, I don't think I am the only one who will give up.

    I don't expect them to make the game run better than pre re chapter, I am actually pretty sure of it knowing bhvr. There is no chance that will happen imo.


    So the best we will get is pre re state or less. I would love to be wrong but I just can't believe it atm.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369768#Comment_2369768

    At least the first one. If not, I don't think I am the only one who will give up.

    I don't expect them to make the game run better than pre re chapter, I am actually pretty sure of it knowing bhvr. There is no chance that will happen imo.

    So the best we will get is pre re state or less. I would love to be wrong but I just can't believe it atm.

    but you never know, maybe they'll surprise us and fix everything even though the chances of that are very slim. I'm only trying to think positive.

  • I'm not sure if there's people talking about performance on pc here as well, but I can see why DBD is not exactly running perfectly on console, that's because even on pc this game is currently poorly optimized. I am currently playing with a GTX 2060 + SSD + I7 10750H. With that I usually got to play above 90 FPS (which to be fair, it's kinda of an issue by itself considering how old this game is), but I started to notice that the game struggles to keep a stable frame depending of where you're in a map, of which killer you're playing and what action is currently being performed ingame (dead hard, killer's m2, etc) the worse case was when my game dropped from 90 something FPS to 52 for no apparent reason during a chase, and even though it's a minor problem in comparison with what's happening on consoles, that shows that the problem is happening everywhere. If a game from 2016 can't keep a stable performance on a modern pc, ofc it won't be able to do it on a old console as well. At this point I would recommend BHVR to just release a optimization update instead of a new killer. It seems the more stuff they add it, the worse it gets performance wise. Very soon you will need a gtx3080 and a ps6 to run this game with a good performance if the performance keeps getting a hit everytime they release something new.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2367555#Comment_2367555

    And would that address the issues brought on by the RE chapter and the two patches since, or the two plus years of issues all over this thread?

    Well, it should address everything in General. But this discussion and thread must remain active here for a long time until the developers accept our demands.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369784#Comment_2369784

    but you never know, maybe they'll surprise us and fix everything even though the chances of that are very slim. I'm only trying to think positive.

    Just watch out not to get your hopes up too much so you don't get severely dissapointed. Which is not unusual when it comes to bhvr.

  • The closer we are to 27th the more I dread that nothing will be fixed.

  • @Shaped said:

    The closer we are to 27th the more I dread that nothing will be fixed.

    Fingers crossed 🤞

  • The RE chapter has caused some major issues for me. Im running a decent system with the RTX 3070 and ive never experienced these frame drops, stutters, and crashes until the new chapter. These on top of the server lag and teleporting is making the game less fun to play. This is part of the reason I've decided to partake in the decision, as has many others, to not buy DLC for the next few months. Stuff needs to change.

  • @JayDoesGames said:

    The RE chapter has caused some major issues for me. Im running a decent system with the RTX 3070 and ive never experienced these frame drops, stutters, and crashes until the new chapter. These on top of the server lag and teleporting is making the game less fun to play. This is part of the reason I've decided to partake in the decision, as has many others, to not buy DLC for the next few months. Stuff needs to change.

    Appreciate you or any of our PC cousins stopping by and relating your experiences. On console we've been dealing with many of those same issues you describe for years now, just look back in this thread to before RE came out for some choice examples.

    If decent PC rigs have trouble running DBD well that doesn't make me feel too good about console's chances, even the newer machines. What is it about just this game??

  • Yup, nothing better then stuttering while the survivor then gets tons of distance. Or the good ole lagging into the killer

  • @Shaped said:

    The closer we are to 27th the more I dread that nothing will be fixed.

    When I saw the Bloodhunt is scheduled for 29th I just thought that is such a jinx. Hopefully if mid-chapter doesn't fix the performance issues they'll postpone the bloodhunt but unfortunately I doubt they'll do that, will just be another thing we miss out on. 😔

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2372389#Comment_2372389

    When I saw the Bloodhunt is scheduled for 29th I just thought that is such a jinx. Hopefully if mid-chapter doesn't fix the performance issues they'll postpone the bloodhunt but unfortunately I doubt they'll do that, will just be another thing we miss out on. 😔

    or maybe they'll extend the bloodhunt. Not that it would do anything but...

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2372389#Comment_2372389

    When I saw the Bloodhunt is scheduled for 29th I just thought that is such a jinx. Hopefully if mid-chapter doesn't fix the performance issues they'll postpone the bloodhunt but unfortunately I doubt they'll do that, will just be another thing we miss out on. 😔

    You guys are really patient. I kinda feel sad for you being ready to wait even more if they don't deliver on 27th.

    27th is my limit. I am already not playing, if I can't play on 27th with no freezing, I am done waiting.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2373173#Comment_2373173

    You guys are really patient. I kinda feel sad for you being ready to wait even more if they don't deliver on 27th.

    27th is my limit. I am already not playing, if I can't play on 27th with no freezing, I am done waiting.

    I haven't played DBD at all in over a week, and before that I was already barely playing - I really just played to help my swf teammate finish rift and to grab some crowns in the event. I put in years/thousands of hours into this one game - I'd like it to improve so I can enjoy playing it again. Until the Evil Dead game or Back 4 Blood comes out (whichever comes first) I'll wait to see if devs actually improve the console experience - once those games are out if DBD is still not optimized for console I'll be moving on since I will be able to play those games with my swf teammate.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2373173#Comment_2373173

    or maybe they'll extend the bloodhunt. Not that it would do anything but...

    I'd rather they postpone until performance issues are fixed to atleast pre-RE chapter quality. Extending is nice but it'd be like current event - players couldn't play so they extended it and players still couldn't play.

  • I picked up Overwatch again recently (big mistake i know) and I forgot about how much better it runs.

  • @Shaped said:

    The closer we are to 27th the more I dread that nothing will be fixed.

    Yea know, same haha. Its BHVR we're talking about and it's so comically sad how it took them this long to publicly state that a "fix" will be coming.

    I'm not even having my hopes up at all.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2373297#Comment_2373297

    I'd rather they postpone until performance issues are fixed to atleast pre-RE chapter quality. Extending is nice but it'd be like current event - players couldn't play so they extended it and players still couldn't play.

    that's true. There's a lot at stake here going into the 27th, BHVR needs to get this right if they wanna keep the player base high. If they fail to deliver than it's gonna be BAD.

  • PC player here with an rtx 3070, 9900k, and 32gb of ram. Game still runs like ######### hoping this optimization patch fixes things.

1 … 47 48 49 50 51 … 82