The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun

Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.

I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.

Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.

Thank you.

Tagged: BHVRModTrusted

Comments

  • @Nathan13 said:

    can someone help me explain what this HDD situation is??

    from my understanding a lot of consoles use what's known as a Hard Disc Drive, or HDD. These involve several discs which store data through magnetic charges- a positive charge representing "1" or "on" and a negative charge representing "0" or "off". This is how data is stored, in binary code. Each of these discs is read through a magnetic head to retrive the data, so as you can probably imagine it takes a while, especially if the data is stored all over the discs (which is why if you have HDDs you sometimes defragment them, to put the data for different files all together and help speed things up), but on the plus side you get a lot more storage for a lot less price.

    Now, Solid State Drives, or SSDs, are a lot more expensive per GB of storage but also a lot better at it. They use, iirc, flash memory to store data, which is basically a lot more reliable than HDDs, a lot quicker to read, and doesn't need to be degragmented- it's much nicer. Due to this speed they're better at playing games from, and though they have a limited lifespan due to only having a set amount of read/write cycles before it starts to break down this number is high enough that it'll very rarely matter.

    From what I could gather, SSDs don't have that much of an issue running DBD due to being quicker, however apparently there was some kind of issue with HDDs making the game run substantially slower and drop even more frames than usual.

    Hope this wasn't too complicated (and also hope it was right).

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358305#Comment_2358305

    from my understanding a lot of consoles use what's known as a Hard Disc Drive, or HDD. These involve several discs which store data through magnetic charges- a positive charge representing "1" or "on" and a negative charge representing "0" or "off". This is how data is stored, in binary code. Each of these discs is read through a magnetic head to retrive the data, so as you can probably imagine it takes a while, especially if the data is stored all over the discs (which is why if you have HDDs you sometimes defragment them, to put the data for different files all together and help speed things up), but on the plus side you get a lot more storage for a lot less price.

    Now, Solid State Drives, or SSDs, are a lot more expensive per GB of storage but also a lot better at it. They use, iirc, flash memory to store data, which is basically a lot more reliable than HDDs, a lot quicker to read, and doesn't need to be degragmented- it's much nicer. Due to this speed they're better at playing games from, and though they have a limited lifespan due to only having a set amount of read/write cycles before it starts to break down this number is high enough that it'll very rarely matter.

    From what I could gather, SSDs don't have that much of an issue running DBD due to being quicker, however apparently there was some kind of issue with HDDs making the game run substantially slower and drop even more frames than usual.

    Hope this wasn't too complicated (and also hope it was right).

    I appreciate all the info you gave me but I'm sorry I still don't quite understand it!!!

  • @Nathan13 said:

    can someone help me explain what this HDD situation is??

    Hard drive disk

    I'm not an expert but but I belive that everything that happens in dbd(or any game) goes through the hdd

    but since dbd has so much its starting to not be able to handle the actions and needs a sec to find the action required causing the stuttering when certain actions are done (ex. Dead hard.)

    But with how the game is made I've heard that almost all the actions are loaded on the killer side so whenever the killer freezes everyone freezes except pc because PC's have always had a superior hdd capable of running more than dbd.

    Edit as karu said theres ssd which are just better but not as common and use more memory. I think that's what he said I'm only a rookie to this stuff

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358305#Comment_2358305

    from my understanding a lot of consoles use what's known as a Hard Disc Drive, or HDD. These involve several discs which store data through magnetic charges- a positive charge representing "1" or "on" and a negative charge representing "0" or "off". This is how data is stored, in binary code. Each of these discs is read through a magnetic head to retrive the data, so as you can probably imagine it takes a while, especially if the data is stored all over the discs (which is why if you have HDDs you sometimes defragment them, to put the data for different files all together and help speed things up), but on the plus side you get a lot more storage for a lot less price.

    Now, Solid State Drives, or SSDs, are a lot more expensive per GB of storage but also a lot better at it. They use, iirc, flash memory to store data, which is basically a lot more reliable than HDDs, a lot quicker to read, and doesn't need to be degragmented- it's much nicer. Due to this speed they're better at playing games from, and though they have a limited lifespan due to only having a set amount of read/write cycles before it starts to break down this number is high enough that it'll very rarely matter.

    From what I could gather, SSDs don't have that much of an issue running DBD due to being quicker, however apparently there was some kind of issue with HDDs making the game run substantially slower and drop even more frames than usual.

    Hope this wasn't too complicated (and also hope it was right).

    Yours was a lot better than mine

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358321#Comment_2358321

    I appreciate all the info you gave me but I'm sorry I still don't quite understand it!!!

    Basically then, there are 2 different types of main storage units, a HDD and an SSD. SSDs are usually quicker but more expensive, so better for running games on. Apparently DBD has serious issues in terms of running on an HHD, and has since 5.0.0, though this should be fixed in the next update.

    Basically dbd has a fit on certain types of storage

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358305#Comment_2358305

    Hard drive disk

    I'm not an expert but but I belive that everything that happens in dbd(or any game) goes through the hdd

    but since dbd has so much its starting to not be able to handle the actions and needs a sec to find the action required causing the stuttering when certain actions are done (ex. Dead hard.)

    But with how the game is made I've heard that almost all the actions are loaded on the killer side so whenever the killer freezes everyone freezes except pc because PC's have always had a superior hdd capable of running more than dbd.

    Okay I think I'm starting to understand it a little bit. It's just I've never heard of HDD until it was mentioned in this thread.

  • Making sure that computer science qualification wasn't entirely wasted lol

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358325#Comment_2358325

    Basically then, there are 2 different types of main storage units, a HDD and an SSD. SSDs are usually quicker but more expensive, so better for running games on. Apparently DBD has serious issues in terms of running on an HHD, and has since 5.0.0, though this should be fixed in the next update.

    Basically dbd has a fit on certain types of storage

    Yeah I have a hdd with an external hard drive and transferred all the stuff related to dbd to there. The freezing was still revelant but not as much because that hard drive was more up to date than the og xbox1

  • Not my tweet though I have the same experience as this guy, response is great news

    Screenshot_20210713-214237.jpg

    @Shaped there is hope

  • @Razorbeam said:

    Not my tweet though I have the same experience as this guy, response is great news

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ND8QUEW0M8GH/screenshot-20210713-214237.jpg

    @Shaped there is hope

    Is there hope that they fix the issues prior to the 5.0.0 patch? Those issues were what I originally started this thread to talk about

  • @Razorbeam said:

    Not my tweet though I have the same experience as this guy, response is great news

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ND8QUEW0M8GH/screenshot-20210713-214237.jpg

    @Shaped there is hope

    We will see on 27th. After everything that happened I am not getting my hopes up that easily. Thanks for this tho.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358709#Comment_2358709

    Is there hope that they fix the issues prior to the 5.0.0 patch? Those issues were what I originally started this thread to talk about

    Yes there is, I've been playing killer/survivor over a week now on SSD on the PS4 pro with no performance issues whatsoever, in my thread in the optimisation section I've provided plenty of videos of the console client working perfectly as have others found who've done the same.

    I've mentioned before but I firmly believe the hard stutters we were experiencing were simply the final form of a long lasting and evolving problem regarding the HDD bottle necking the system as a lot of previous problems were triggered via status changes or gens popping which also effected a fair few people on PC until they upgraded to SSD.

    What's significant now is we've gone from absolute radio silence about console issues since the dawn of this thread to not only bhvr acknowledging them but them also knowing what's causing the issue and claiming to be working on it.

    I'm not saying the next patch will fix more than the hardest of stutters, we could well just be in the pre RE state however bhvr have started the conversation about the HDD problem and it's not going to stop until they do what needs to be done to stop the HDD bottlenecking all together. As long as people can demonstrate the client running flawlessly on a SSD they can't call the console issues fixed until they are running the same.

  • @Mandy said:

    @Exerath1992 I suggest if you don't have anything helpful to add to the thread you just move along and post on another thread where you do have some relevant information.

    FWIW, we have acknowledged the issues on consoles and nobody believes that the people who are dealing with this issue are "entitled whiners" so please move along to another thread.

    Alright, no problem. I voiced my opinion and was promptly attacked for it, so I got a little troll-ish in response. My bad

  • Well at least they said they would "fix it". Currently I've seen it's worst for killer since using you power freezes everything. Nothing worst then survivors tea bagging because they kept disappearing in front of you.

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2357784#Comment_2357784

    Alright, no problem. I voiced my opinion and was promptly attacked for it, so I got a little troll-ish in response. My bad

    And your "opinion" was calling everyone entitled and wishing that this thread gets closed. Ya, you were "attacked" for no reason. Pls go away dude.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1414948992966877189?s=19

    We now have a confirmed date on when to expect these changes (aka the midchapter if the 2nd sentence is to be believed). More performance fixes should also be on the way in future updates though obviously absolutely no dates for these are concrete.

    Sorry it's been a hot minute since I contributed here but hey the news bringer brings more news

    Glad to see they've given an official date for the Mid-Chapter patch. Will be interesting to see if their fixes actually do improve performance.


    While the BP doesn't get you far I'm glad they included the shards. Being able to use shards towards unlocking original characters will actually hit them more than the 300k BP.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358709#Comment_2358709

    Is there hope that they fix the issues prior to the 5.0.0 patch? Those issues were what I originally started this thread to talk about

    This

  • I won't lie, when I saw this post first come up a few months ago, I thought it'd be left in the dust. Thankfully though, there are 80 pages worth of people who agree with the OP on all these issues.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358190#Comment_2358190

    I'm holding off on being excited for this. Who knows how they'll break the game with this update.

    Bugs are easier to fix than bad optimization most of the time its either a number error or something counteracting it

  • @skyguys said:

    I won't lie, when I saw this post first come up a few months ago, I thought it'd be left in the dust. Thankfully though, there are 80 pages worth of people who agree with the OP on all these issues.

    I certainly never thought it'd hit 80 pages.

  • You were tenacious, I'll give you that. I had notifications on for the posts I participated, and I had to turn that off cause of constant alerts from this post. Kind of regret ever posting here.

    I agree with Mandytalk. You made your point, they said they are aware and working on it. Just move on to other threads, let this one rest in peace.

  • @antgnstea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359500#Comment_2359500

    You were tenacious, I'll give you that. I had notifications on for the posts I participated, and I had to turn that off cause of constant alerts from this post. Kind of regret ever posting here.

    I agree with Mandytalk. You made your point, they said they are aware and working on it. Just move on to other threads, let this one rest in peace.

    Alternatively keep the topic going until there is definitive proof that the complained about issues (including those pre-5.0.0) are fixed

  • @antgnstea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359500#Comment_2359500

    You were tenacious, I'll give you that. I had notifications on for the posts I participated, and I had to turn that off cause of constant alerts from this post. Kind of regret ever posting here.

    I agree with Mandytalk. You made your point, they said they are aware and working on it. Just move on to other threads, let this one rest in peace.

    No. How about you leave and let people talk about what they want? This is a good thread and has a lot of info (for example what can improve the console experience). It has videos too.

    If you don't like it, bye. Turn off your notifications or whatever.

  • @antgnstea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359500#Comment_2359500

    You were tenacious, I'll give you that. I had notifications on for the posts I participated, and I had to turn that off cause of constant alerts from this post. Kind of regret ever posting here.

    I agree with Mandytalk. You made your point, they said they are aware and working on it. Just move on to other threads, let this one rest in peace.

    I don't even post here much. I only respond, I haven't posted clips from my new stockpile yet.

    The thread will end when the issues have been resolved at a satisfactory level.

    Iirc, you were in the original 15 pages of this thread. In early May, if my memory serves.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359584#Comment_2359584

    I don't even post here much. I only respond, I haven't posted clips from my new stockpile yet.

    The thread will end when the issues have been resolved at a satisfactory level.

    Iirc, you were in the original 15 pages of this thread. In early May, if my memory serves.

    So it will be open for 2 years give or take. Good luck. Clearly we use posts for different purposes. I use post to point out and issue and when it is acknowledged, I am done with the post regardless the fix. Because I believe my complaining won't make the fixes release sooner.

    Of course you are free to post whatever you like as long as they won't violate the forum rules. So keep them coming. I will keep the alerts off for a few years it seems.

  • @antgnstea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359614#Comment_2359614

    So it will be open for 2 years give or take. Good luck. Clearly we use posts for different purposes. I use post to point out and issue and when it is acknowledged, I am done with the post regardless the fix. Because I believe my complaining won't make the fixes release sooner.

    Of course you are free to post whatever you like as long as they won't violate the forum rules. So keep them coming. I will keep the alerts off for a few years it seems.


    I mean this has been acknowledged as an issue as far back as March 2019 or earlier when they gave us this roadmap and said consoles would be optimised to run at 60fps, and look at the state we are in now in 2021, closer to 6fps than 60fps lol.


    @not_Queen said:

    Over the past six months, we have allocated strike teams with the mission of improving the overall health of the game. As announced last December, we have developers working on a new matchmaking algorithm which we are actively testing and are almost ready to deploy. We are also targeting to migrate the game to dedicated servers by the end of summer 2019.

    This blog post is meant to update you on the efforts put on optimization, which aim to enhance the overall game’s performance.

    When we first released Dead by Daylight back in 2016, we targeted 30 FPS on our minimum spec. Up until recently, we optimized the game in bursts; for the console launch and before releasing a new Killer. We are now ready to set a new performance target: Dead by daylight will run at 60 FPS on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and minimum spec PCs.

    Reaching 60 FPS on Dead by Daylight is not an easy task. It is a multifaceted iterative process that started six months ago and will be ongoing for months. Our strike team of programmers dedicated to optimizing the game has their hands deep into the game code. To summarize, optimization improves the frame rate by using less CPU and GPU cycles to update and render the world faster without any apparent loss of quality.

    See below for a high-level view of our optimization roadmap.

    STEP 1: UPDATE TO UNREAL ENGINE 4.20

    Target: Chapter 10 and incremental changes with every engine update (update to 4.21 is planned for chapter 11)

    The engine update was a necessity to move forward with the optimization process.

    All the Unreal engine features below gives us additional tools and means to enhance the performance of the game: the new Apex integration (dynamic mesh simulation), RHI/Render thread split, Epic’s mesh reduction tool & improved animation thread tooling are just a few examples.

    STEP 2: CPU, GPU AND CONTEXTUAL OPTIMIZATIONS

    Target: Chapter 11 and ongoing

    This is the core of the work to improve the performance and the game’s frame rate.
    There are many opportunities for optimization, but here are the three main pillars overarching our efforts:

    CPU optimizations: improving the game’s baseline systems

    This is where the game world is simulated (interactions, character navigation, perks and powers). We will be converting our slowest gameplay blueprints to C++ which should, in specific cases, run ten to two hundred times faster. We are also moving from a tick-based system to an event-based-system. A tick-based system is much more demanding, as it constantly pokes the CPU to know when to trigger an action, while an event-based system can enable an event only when necessary and therefore reduce the stress on the CPU.

    GPU Optimizations: Overall Graphic Optimizations

    The GPU is where the game world is rendered into an image which is then drawn on the screen. The optimization actions listed below mainly affect the game’s visual representation. The objective is to render the world faster without sacrificing quality. We will be updating our anti-aliasing system to TXAA and moving the SSAO to a compute shader, simplify our shadow pass, optimize character outlines, improve LODs, slim render passes, bake more lights, use imposter rendering for specific objects (trees, grass) and more.

    Contextual Optimizations: Performance Spikes for Specific Actions

    We are working on optimizations that pay at any given time when you play (as mentioned above under GPU/CPU) but we also know there are specific actions and/or Killers that will need extra optimization. These are problematic cases where we see major hitches in performance. Here are a few examples: multiple characters moving in close quarters, specific Killer slow down, perks combination, etc.

    STEP 3: UPDATING OUR GUIDELINES AND PROCESSES

    Target: Chapter 12 and ongoing

    While we optimize the existing gameplay and graphic systems, we develop better tools and methods to implement new features. When we have a new process figured out, it is documented and shared with our development team who can then apply these learnings for the creation of new content.

    Our objective is to offer a better performance on all platforms, making the game look smoother and the controls more reactive. Still, doing such majors changes all at once (game engine update and rewriting game code) is bound to briefly disrupt things and require some adaptation time. We hope you understand that this is a transition period and an investment to improve the game.

    Don’t hesitate to share your feedback on our forums or social media if you encounter an issue. Our objective is to keep you updated on our progress in the coming months. The upcoming Dead by Daylight anniversary will be a great timing to give you additional visibility on our progress.

    See you in the fog,
    The Dead by Daylight team


    The immediate concern is to get the issues that arose with the Nemesis patch fixed and then carry out other optimisation on the rest of the game.

    Its literally been years already and this thread is the result of nothing but steps bacward over the last 2 years since this elaborate Road to 60fps plan that they never talk about any more, or answer questions on.

  • If they think theyre going to just fix it to be pre nemesis patch people are going to be annoyed including myself. Even with a rtx 3090, 32gb of ram and a 5900x cpu I get stuttering, and have been since I started back in the silent hill chapter ( had a gtx 1080 back then )

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358881#Comment_2358881

    And your "opinion" was calling everyone entitled and wishing that this thread gets closed. Ya, you were "attacked" for no reason. Pls go away dude.

    Well its my opinion. I think people take this topic too seriously, but I seem less affected than others, so maybe it was a bit unfair

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359656#Comment_2359656

    I mean this has been acknowledged as an issue as far back as March 2019 or earlier when they gave us this roadmap and said consoles would be optimised to run at 60fps, and look at the state we are in now in 2021, closer to 6fps than 60fps lol.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49456/status-update-optimization

    The immediate concern is to get the issues that arose with the Nemesis patch fixed and then carry out other optimisation on the rest of the game.

    Its literally been years already and this thread is the result of nothing but steps bacward over the last 2 years since this elaborate Road to 60fps plan that they never talk about any more, or answer questions on.

    That goal of 60fps minimum for all platforms is what I want to see happen, pretty please update us on the status of that.

    If it's still coming give us a rough timeline. If you cannot do it, if you thoroughly looked into it and know now "nope cannot make it happen on Switch, PS4, Xbox1, or PC below these specs... "and tell us the reasons.

    And that group of machines is by far the largest portion of the playerbase. Getting no answer either way imo is worse than a yes or no after two years of waiting.

  • @gammatsunami said:

    If they think theyre going to just fix it to be pre nemesis patch people are going to be annoyed including myself. Even with a rtx 3090, 32gb of ram and a 5900x cpu I get stuttering, and have been since I started back in the silent hill chapter ( had a gtx 1080 back then )

    This is my concern too. There were plenty of performance issues before the RE chapter, it's why this post started. It would be unfortunate if they only addressed the RE chapter and continue to ignore the rest.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359945#Comment_2359945

    This is my concern too. There were plenty of performance issues before the RE chapter, it's why this post started. It would be unfortunate if they only addressed the RE chapter and continue to ignore the rest.

    That is what I'm concerned about as well.

    @MandyTalk, are you able to confirm if the issues present before patch 5.0.0 will be addressed in a future patch?

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359866#Comment_2359866

    That goal of 60fps minimum for all platforms is what I want to see happen, pretty please update us on the status of that.

    If it's still coming give us a rough timeline. If you cannot do it, if you thoroughly looked into it and know now "nope cannot make it happen on Switch, PS4, Xbox1, or PC below these specs... "and tell us the reasons.

    And that group of machines is by far the largest portion of the playerbase. Getting no answer either way imo is worse than a yes or no after two years of waiting.

    I personally would be ok with a consistent 30 and then improve from there

  • Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Expecting the game to run better than pre re chapter is too much imo.

    I would be pleasantly surprised if it is at least like before the chapter. Don't get too hopeful before we see it.

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2360117#Comment_2360117

    I personally would be ok with a consistent 30 and then improve from there

    We can only dream of such magical times...

  • @Shaped said:

    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Expecting the game to run better than pre re chapter is too much imo.

    I would be pleasantly surprised if it is at least like before the chapter. Don't get too hopeful before we see it.

    It better be mostly better than pre chapter because th is is the update that wont let me play

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359656#Comment_2359656

    I mean this has been acknowledged as an issue as far back as March 2019 or earlier when they gave us this roadmap and said consoles would be optimised to run at 60fps, and look at the state we are in now in 2021, closer to 6fps than 60fps lol.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49456/status-update-optimization

    The immediate concern is to get the issues that arose with the Nemesis patch fixed and then carry out other optimisation on the rest of the game.

    Its literally been years already and this thread is the result of nothing but steps bacward over the last 2 years since this elaborate Road to 60fps plan that they never talk about any more, or answer questions on.

    lol they dont talk about it because they cant do it .... on old gen. old consoles are far too underpowered i have a gtx 1070 8 gig of vram getting over 100 fps and it does dip in quite a few moments and i thought it must be like 1 fps on console when that happens lol .... this game isnt really designed for console. i used to play ps4 im glad i dont now

  • If they do get this game properly optimized. And various other health issues. Balance wise the game is in a great state in my opinion. Since I've lost track of the times I could've escaped or down someone if the game worked.

  • @antgnstea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359500#Comment_2359500

    You were tenacious, I'll give you that. I had notifications on for the posts I participated, and I had to turn that off cause of constant alerts from this post. Kind of regret ever posting here.

    I agree with Mandytalk. You made your point, they said they are aware and working on it. Just move on to other threads, let this one rest in peace.

    Best to keep it going. Just in case since the last "acknowledgement never came through.

  • @dannyfrog87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359866#Comment_2359866

    lol they dont talk about it because they cant do it .... on old gen. old consoles are far too underpowered i have a gtx 1070 8 gig of vram getting over 100 fps and it does dip in quite a few moments and i thought it must be like 1 fps on console when that happens lol .... this game isnt really designed for console. i used to play ps4 im glad i dont now

    That's verifiably false.

  • @dannyfrog87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359866#Comment_2359866

    lol they dont talk about it because they cant do it .... on old gen. old consoles are far too underpowered i have a gtx 1070 8 gig of vram getting over 100 fps and it does dip in quite a few moments and i thought it must be like 1 fps on console when that happens lol .... this game isnt really designed for console. i used to play ps4 im glad i dont now

    Well considering that most of their player base is console because of ultimate pass and (maybe) [not a ps user] ps plus both include dbd as part of their system they should fix console and no its deffently not impossible .

  • 10 more days. Kinda tempted to play it again even in it's state atm, but I am afraid I will get frustrated more than enjoy it.

    Are you guys still playing or waiting for the update?

  • @Shaped said:

    10 more days. Kinda tempted to play it again even in it's state atm, but I am afraid I will get frustrated more than enjoy it.

    Are you guys still playing or waiting for the update?

    I am. Although I'm not sure how much more damage my sanity can take.

  • @Shaped said:

    10 more days. Kinda tempted to play it again even in it's state atm, but I am afraid I will get frustrated more than enjoy it.

    Are you guys still playing or waiting for the update?

    I'm taking a break after being forced to buy a new router because people can't handle losing.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366221#Comment_2366221

    I'm taking a break after being forced to buy a new router because people can't handle losing.

    If you're saying you got your IP revealed, they can only track as far as like... state or city, if you're in America iirc. It's not actually that threatening, they'll literally never be able to track you down.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366221#Comment_2366221

    I'm taking a break after being forced to buy a new router because people can't handle losing.

    What happened? :O

  • Is anyone else lagging so badly as killer that you literally move at survivor walking speed for a significant period of time? The game is literally unplayable for me and I have very good internet and a One X so not that last gen.

  • @HipnoE said:

    Is anyone else lagging so badly as killer that you literally move at survivor walking speed for a significant period of time? The game is literally unplayable for me and I have very good internet and a One X so not that last gen.

    Still last gen. Still the same problems.

    I have ps4 pro and the issues are similar to people with base ps4. Only next gen runs better.

  • Just finish a trickster game where Everytime I try to throw a knife it lags everyone making me an the survivors missplay an it's frustrating and tilting

  • @Shaped said:

    10 more days. Kinda tempted to play it again even in it's state atm, but I am afraid I will get frustrated more than enjoy it.

    Are you guys still playing or waiting for the update?

    Yes,i'm still playing.

    Definetely a lot less than before the update but Nemesis is just too much fun (even if he destroys my FPS whenever i use his power)

  • @Shaped said:

    10 more days. Kinda tempted to play it again even in it's state atm, but I am afraid I will get frustrated more than enjoy it.

    Are you guys still playing or waiting for the update?

    During the past three weeks or so I've played the least amount of DBD ever, practically none as killer.

1 … 46 47 48 49 50 … 82