The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun
Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.
I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.
Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.
Thank you.
Comments
My Xbox says ######### fam? Best I can do is an inconsistent 60 maybe...
My niece plays on the switch and it's so dark, lags and forces her to miss skill checks. A lot of times she just gives up and turns it off :(
Desperately wishing for a re-factor of the codebase
The Masquerade event made the framerate even worse. I can barely see where the hell I'm going most of the time now.
I actually have really good experience on ps4 pro for some time now. I mean compared to before.
There is no hiccups anymore at all. Game probably runs better than it ever did on my console.
I've noticed the bloodweb freezes whenever I buy an event item, even on Series X.
Had a terrible experience facing Merciless Storm the other day. The game was lagging so hard that each hard skillcheck made the circle despawn and respawn again a little way off from its last location.
I tried to recreate it in custom and it didn't do it again, so it wasn't even a bug, just the game struggling.
(For context, I'm on a decent gaming PC that has never had trouble running the game on high graphics, and my ping is always at around 40ms)
Wow, I remember the good old days of checking this thread every couple of days with actual hope we’d get a solid response on this issue.
I think this thread single handedly turned me into a cynical person lol.
DBD has always been a GPU resource hog on PC has been in desperate need of proper optimization since day one.
The best guaranteed way to play is on PS5, followed by Xbox Series X. For whatever reason the game loads much faster on PS5.
Can't blame you for feeling that way. We never got much encouragement here or elsewhere.
I also get a huge lag spike on the first menu the first time I hit play as killer or when I hit play as survivor.
If that's on PC just imagine what our precious Switch cousins are getting!
I forgot about those poor bastards. I've haven't played against a Switch killer in a long time. It was brutally obvious too.
Yeah...imagine that..