The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun
Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.
I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.
Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.
Thank you.
Comments
the 7th is the PTB for the mid chapter, there’s usually 3-4 weeks from the ptb until its pushed to live
...
This at least means they are aware and addressing it:
This makes me happy
I think you have to be realistic with this problem, the issue on consoles has always been harddrive related which means, as we knew, the problem is the code which means to tidy up this problem there is a lot of work to be done, way more work than finding and addressing a bug or six. The only positive take away in this situation is they have committed to doing it and publicly announced the problem, so it might be 2 years too late, but at least it's finally being addressed, or going to be.
I know in this situation people like to use empty promises in the past as reasons not to trust them however you can't take empty promises to sony/Microsoft to get refunds you can however take acknowledgement of faults to them from the developers and get refunds, that usually forces devs to actually have to stick to those words.
I'll believe it when I see it
That's what they said about readying the tentacle in the hotfix patch a while ago but it was still laggy so...
At least we are getting face reworks.
I know, I know. Hold your horses.
Different teams work on different stuff. And that ends the discussion I guess.
Some things promised years ago are still not delievered and actually it even got worse. Don't blame the cosmetics.
Different teams.
Why you bring the faces up then, since they are different teams?
Because even those things get improved.
Because its a bs answer. If they can afford teams to rework faces they can afford more resources to fix bugs and balance the game. And if they cant afford both then the people reworking faces should be moved to the balance/bugs team.
All out of survivor tomes, time to play killer unfortunately
This. BHVR is focused on graphics and appearances instead of stability, which is absolutely stupid. Some of the worst games in existence are because of this mindset. It's a scammer, con-artist mindset that focuses on glamor instead of a functioning game.
"Updating to match the current games" not_Queen said. Buddy, you're going to have to fix your poor code first in other to compete with major games, your graphics are 110% NOT the ######### priority. DBD will always be inferior to games like Apex and RE8 not because it "looks better".
This team did not deserve the RE license. At all. They're obviously the type of devs who don't know how to develop a game. Awful priorities.
Best of luck to you
Some killers are worse than others but obviously the performance overall is atrocious, so good luck.
At least BHVR is addressing the fact that they're working on the stuttering issues and know the cause. I mean with everyone talking about hard drives its hard not to know. I'm glad they said that they aren't putting out another hot-fix so they can focus on console stuttering. I'm not worshiping BHVR, I'm just glad they are prioritizing these horrendous problems
Perhaps, but I'm much too cynical at this point.
I've heard and seen enough from BHVR to seriously doubt what they say.
In essence, I'll believe it when I see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaFaHWhRsOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-1GKVdYY9g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmMnDKfN3xsRound 7 of uploading clips I believe. That should be around 22 now with the bonus clip of a nemesis play I got. I got robbed of distance twice in the same game. one was an insta down practically. I did not expect my game to freeze for a good 5 seconds while going through the bloodweb as nemesis. what a time
EDIT: I just realized I somehow missed uploading a meme to my channel and pasting it here. both videos were right next to each other. I refreshed my page and saw that it wasn't the nemesis clip. At this point I'll just leave it there. Last time I upload near 3am.
The random freezes in chase as survivor are so annoying it actually can kill a mood for the entire match
skillchecks lag
Perfectly worded, I feel the same.
I got the Samsung 870 EVO SSD (250 GB) for my PS4 Pro, it’s not expensive and now my DBD runs perfect. Totally worth it.
I'm not the most tech savvy what's an ssd?
So amount of memory is not important. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Someone's confirmed it in the Xbox one as well, it's the hybrid ssd that comes with it that doesn't fix the problem
Jesus, 77 pages? When will this dumb post die so i can stop looking at it? God, nothing but entitled whiners on here, I swear...
Hm.
Sarcasm?
Probably just bait, best to ignore it.
Maybe.
Hard to tell these days
Youre right, people that paid for a product are entitled to have it working as intended. You should probably leave the forums entirely though if you dont want to see people "whining" about stuff thats broke
Entitled for wanting a game to work?
Ok.
Played few matches with my swf teammate, I was running blast mine. Anytime the killer went to kick the gen my game would freeze pretty hard. I wouldn't even be near the gen when it happened, I'd see the scoring event after the freeze that I blinded the killer. I should've asked my swf teammate if he noticed if his game froze too but I didn't think of it.
The basics are hdd vs ssd, ssd is faster. Think dvd vs blue ray
I have sensed that this chapter is kind of strange, recently in 3 games, I played with Nemesis, in 1 due to the freezing of the tentacle when attacking in Autohaven, I was forced to disconnect since I am not going to play with this problem again and I am already getting tired of seeing it. But in 2 games in Hawkins and Gideon, I was doing well with Nemesis, the performance in Raccoon City improved a little but I still get freezes, annoying blinks and lag, knowing that in the rest of the maps I do not have a terrible lag, but Raccoon City is becoming a disappointment for me, however skill tests are also affected by performance.
Just google it
Yup, all of you guys are entitled as hail. Everybody demands instant fixes but you guys have no idea how difficult and slow going it is to find the cause of bugs, much less fix them. Yes, I get it, some of you fools spent huuuundreds of dollars on this game. That's on you, they can end support of this game at any time and you couldn't do anything about it. Its 5 years old. I've spent a total of $30 on this game and have all the killers. Game was free, all non licensed killers obtained with shards, and licensed killers obtained during half off sales. Just to show you how much its on you for spending all that money.
Not only this, but wait times are horrible across the board. I've recently started the game on Xbox, and sitting at Rank 20, I'm unable to even find a match. I've already made a post in regards to this, but this problem has been looming over BHVR'S heads for years now and, more recently, is becoming an absolutely unavoidable agony of playing Dead by Daylight in countries such as Australia (where I reside). I spent two whole hours today searching for a game, and found nothing. Granted that was with cross-play off, but even then, I should be able to find a match within that time. Even with cross-play off I've found nothing (although I've only waited 45 minutes with it on). This is atrocious. I've restarted I don't know how many times, waited some five hours collectively now... and to no avail. If BHVR fails to neglect this again, then their last straw will be drawn. They are legitimately on their last leg here... and it is ridiculous that we even have to ask for these seemingly fundamental aspects of the game to be addressed... far out, functioning matchmaking means I can actually get into the game... I shouldn't be sitting here waiting, and not getting anything for it! Pathetic... just... pathetic.
I mean, I've actually waited since 2018 for a fix.
This is probably the worst take I've ever seen.
Instant?!! Two and a half years is instant?
Well if you say so, then I guess it must be true.
When the game is able to be run at a consistent 30fps
This is possibly the lamest response I’ve seen on this thread
They just want attention and are trying to bait out an argument. Say ridiculous things and get people to respond, maybe get some heated enough to have post closed. 🙄
Not to ruin the parade but same have 3.6k hours devotion 14lv 12 been here before devotion was a thing
and I gotta say the performance is unacceptable. The game its self it good but a games is only as good as its performance
Its 5yrs old now and has expanded alot the all the maps combined equal up to about the size of some battle royals but it can only hold 5 players. But it freezes every 30s or whenever someone uses some perks
Imagine the ######### apex would get if whenever you aimed in your game froze and left them to deal with it for 3+years
Hey all, I made a post in the optimization section which I thought would be worth sharing here; I hope it helps!
"In the name of science and to help out console players, I have tested DBD as survivor on the PS4 "slim" model with a SDD both internally and externally (USB 3.0 to SATA adapter); I did not experience any freezes with either. I encountered the usual FPS drops when status effects were applied and when survivors got hooked. I have to say the FPS on console is pretty rough, it seems to run at around 30 FPS(?) and it feels worse because I play the game on PC at 60 FPS."
Can you guys stop feeding that troll?
Thanks 👌
The type of freezing that occurs when i leave the game running for 1 hour+
On these specs:
CPU: i5-7400
GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB
RAM: 8 GB (which i'll upgrade to 16 soon-ish)
My PC isn't a beast or anything but should be more than capable of running this game with a stable framerate because i can run other more demanding games just fine. Hopefully the RAM upgrade and the upcoming patch improves it (which i doubt..)
That is pretty bad. Does it happen when some action takes place? For example someone dead harding or killer using a power. For us on consoles that's how it usually goes.
Yes, or when you touch a gen, let go and it starts regressing because of Ruin. That can cause stuttering too. Also when status effects are applied. Luckily dead harding or the killer using their power doesn't cause freezes often. For example i don't have the fps drop issues with Nemesis and his tentacles on PC. I have seen how bad those are on consoles :/
Are you good bro? Sounds like you had a rough day.
Still it doesn't look good and it affects you. Even if it is worse on console your issues are no joke either.
Everything is broken, behavior sucks.
Trash devs.
Can't get teleport hits due to lag.
Can't dead hard due to lag.
Such fun times here at DBD.
But don't worry, it's only 2 more weeks of an unplayable game!
(assuming their *fix* doesn't just mess things up more)
Ah yes it takes a company of 700 employees with over 100 million dollars over two and a half years to begin working on the issue. Definitely entitled on our part for wanting the game to work.