BBQ should be a HEX perk or nerfed

It doesn't take long to notice the elephant of all perks on either side: BBQ. A pay-to-win perk on a licensed DLC. Used on every killer for the tremendous advantage and value. This perk is literally spammed in every game. It should be a HEX perk or nerfed to lose the aura reading.

BBQ was released when survivors were much stronger along with maps. Maps were also easier to hide. Survivor perks are always nerfed only when considered being used on a good SWF. The same logic and fair balancing should apply to killers. To beat a good killer you must work on gens for every second possible. You cannot spend your entire match looking and hiding in lockers because the killer will have a huge upper hand as this is the only counterplay provided to stop the aura. He most likely has Ruin so the gen is losing progress when you leave it. Too much advantage for a perk.

There is another reason why being a HEX would be an excellent change to BBQ. A killer that camps can still be awarded BBQ stacks if he uses NOED or when saves occur. He is awarded for the thing the perk was originally designed to prevent in the first place! If the perk is a HEX perk the killer will be in a race to hook as many different survivors as possible before the totem is destroyed. This will create pressure on the killer to guard totems, gens, and hook survivors in the process instead of camping and being awarded for it with a perk.

If it is not a HEX perk it needs to lose the aura reading because it gives too much value for one perk alone. This perk has been overpowered and abused by high mobility killers way too long.

Comments

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Also be sure to check out the OP's playstyle from this video (it's the Meg) it'll make a lot of this make sense

    https://youtu.be/B6WzHNahIbQ

    omg I thought you were joking ๐Ÿ˜‚ it's actually called sluzzy.

    I can picture this poor guy now. Instadowned within first 10 seconds of the game "these damn killers! killers op! no point even trying!"

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    As always the survivor equivalent (WGLF) is even stronger. Yet it's the killer version which isn't even that good which gets complained about.

    even then if no one complained about bbq i dont think wglf would be a problem.

    Its one those great perks... No one uses. Same catergory as detectives hunch which is sad.

    If bbq never had a BP bonus it wouldn't be run. Thrilling gives much more useful information that goes a longer way than. Clown seeing a dude 40m away.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Also be sure to check out the OP's playstyle from this video (it's the Meg) it'll make a lot of this make sense

    https://youtu.be/B6WzHNahIbQ

    Actually, I think I was partnered with Sluzzy not too long ago. Same name and spelling and they were actually really good. She ignored me when I asked her if she and her forum counterpart were one and the same.

  • I have no problem playing against a killer with bbq. Try using Kindred, then you see in which direction is the killer walking after a hook.

    I also like bbq when playing as killer and I am highly against making it a hex perk.

  • I stopped reading at "pay-to-win."

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004059#Comment_2004059

    Actually, I think I was partnered with Sluzzy not too long ago. Same name and spelling and they were actually really good. She ignored me when I asked her if she and her forum counterpart were one and the same.

    Did you check their steam profile. When I faced them in a game last week (they suicided on first hook), I checked their profile after the game and they have like 73 pages of comments of people -rep them for suiciding or d/cing.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Hex: Sluzzy

    The constant pandering towards these overpowered killer mains fills you with rage

    all totems spawn inside the killer's rectum at the beginning of the match, instantly exploding and causing them to suffer from the status effect 'haemorrhoids' for 2/3/4 months

    "Ow my fkin ass" - Caleb Quinn

    This made me laugh so ######### hard.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004114#Comment_2004114

    Did you check their steam profile. When I faced them in a game last week (they suicided on first hook), I checked their profile after the game and they have like 73 pages of comments of people -rep them for suiciding or d/cing.

    No, I forget steam profiles exist. I have mines on private and don't care to check others out. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with her profile tho.

  • @JPA said:

    @Sluzzy can you just give up already and play a few games of Killer before you continue posting here? Also please play above rank 15, thanks.

    "This will create pressure on the killer to guard totems, gens, and hook survivors"

    The Killer already has pressure to do ALL of these things to win against a half decent team.

    to win? its barely a safety pip against a half decent team. Any SWF that isnt being stupid will dominate a killer.

  • @Todessense said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004126#Comment_2004126

    I dont have steam, how many comments fit on one page?? D:

    I do believe it's 6.

    image.png

    At least it is on my profile

  • One doesn't need to read all 1424 posts of the continually biased point of view the OP has shown over them to realize that, when you continually make posts like these, you eventually lose any credibility to discuss things rationally. Anything you want to discuss in time -- even if you're actually making an valid point -- is going to be ignored when it's lumped in with a boatload of continued nonsense.

    But keep on tilting at those windmills. These threads, if always predictable, still manage to become more and more amusing in their over-the-top hyperbole, so there's that.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2003809#Comment_2003809

    Yeah,OP is a troll and most people already know his/her posts

    1,400 posts strong too. I remember all of the old troll accounts, they got banned way quicker but Sluzzy is still alive. What a legend.

  • @Todessense said:

    Also as much as i hate Sluzzys ideads, this thread is getting a bit out of control and personal i think and might should get closed.

    @MandyTalk

    but then people can't see the moo moos :(

    image.png


  • @Aneurysm said:

    Also be sure to check out the OP's playstyle from this video (it's the Meg) it'll make a lot of this make sense

    https://youtu.be/B6WzHNahIbQ

    Oh my God, that's priceless. ๐Ÿคฃ It definitely explains a lot. Clearly, plain old Billy running across the map with a blaring Chainsaw is OP. Nerf immediately, or more people will hang their team out to dry by quitting on hook instantly because they were first downed. :facepalm:

  • There is one Killer I know of whom can utilize BBQ's aura reading effectively just about every single time: Blight.

    Most of the time, I run it to either:

    A- Decide what the next step is and where I should go.

    Or B- Them phat BPs.

  • I disagree BBQS aura can't be utilized by most killers. And has various counters.

    1. Get in a locker

    2. Get behind a gen

    3. Be within 40 meters

    4. Walk one way 4 seconds then the other way

    Those were the Non perk counters which means you don't need a special perk to counter BBQ.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2003821#Comment_2003821

    1,400 posts strong too. I remember all of the old troll accounts, they got banned way quicker but Sluzzy is still alive. What a legend.

    Yeah,gotta respect the dedication lol.

    I guess the others got banned much quicker because they were waaay more obvious with their baits.

    Sluzzy managed to sound like your avarage super entitled survivor main for most of the time.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It doesn't take long to notice the elephant of all perks on either side: BBQ. A pay-to-win perk on a licensed DLC. Used on every killer for the tremendous advantage and value. This perk is literally spammed in every game. It should be a HEX perk or nerfed to lose the aura reading.

    BBQ was released when survivors were much stronger along with maps. Maps were also easier to hide. Survivor perks are always nerfed only when considered being used on a good SWF. The same logic and fair balancing should apply to killers. To beat a good killer you must work on gens for every second possible. You cannot spend your entire match looking and hiding in lockers because the killer will have a huge upper hand as this is the only counterplay provided to stop the aura. He most likely has Ruin so the gen is losing progress when you leave it. Too much advantage for a perk.

    There is another reason why being a HEX would be an excellent change to BBQ. A killer that camps can still be awarded BBQ stacks if he uses NOED or when saves occur. He is awarded for the thing the perk was originally designed to prevent in the first place! If the perk is a HEX perk the killer will be in a race to hook as many different survivors as possible before the totem is destroyed. This will create pressure on the killer to guard totems, gens, and hook survivors in the process instead of camping and being awarded for it with a perk.

    If it is not a HEX perk it needs to lose the aura reading because it gives too much value for one perk alone. This perk has been overpowered and abused by high mobility killers way too long.

    Your the literal reason survivors get a bad rap. Get off the forums with this junk man. come on

  • I forget i have this perk most of the time and only really use it for the BPs

  • OP after writing this and watching the comments explode,

    86z7ju9verjy.jpg


  • I think the whole survivor/killer dichotomy is dumb as hell (and its simply unreasonable that anyone who considers only half the game should expect their opinions regarding balance to be taken seriously), but I also think people internalize it way too much and perceive too many things as being the collective cry of the survivor/killer mains when that's not necessarily true.

    But man.... if there's one person I actually can expect to embody that "entitled survivor main!" mentality, yeah, it's my man sluzzy here.

    God bless you crazy diamond in the sky. God bless.

  • โ€œPay to winโ€ perk...

    more like a pay to grind perk.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It doesn't take long to notice the elephant of all perks on either side: BBQ. A pay-to-win perk on a licensed DLC. Used on every killer for the tremendous advantage and value. This perk is literally spammed in every game. It should be a HEX perk or nerfed to lose the aura reading.

    BBQ was released when survivors were much stronger along with maps. Maps were also easier to hide. Survivor perks are always nerfed only when considered being used on a good SWF. The same logic and fair balancing should apply to killers. To beat a good killer you must work on gens for every second possible. You cannot spend your entire match looking and hiding in lockers because the killer will have a huge upper hand as this is the only counterplay provided to stop the aura. He most likely has Ruin so the gen is losing progress when you leave it. Too much advantage for a perk.

    There is another reason why being a HEX would be an excellent change to BBQ. A killer that camps can still be awarded BBQ stacks if he uses NOED or when saves occur. He is awarded for the thing the perk was originally designed to prevent in the first place! If the perk is a HEX perk the killer will be in a race to hook as many different survivors as possible before the totem is destroyed. This will create pressure on the killer to guard totems, gens, and hook survivors in the process instead of camping and being awarded for it with a perk.

    If it is not a HEX perk it needs to lose the aura reading because it gives too much value for one perk alone. This perk has been overpowered and abused by high mobility killers way too long.

    How bout No.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Also be sure to check out the OP's playstyle from this video (it's the Meg) it'll make a lot of this make sense

    https://youtu.be/B6WzHNahIbQ

    HAHAHAHAHHHAAA!!!!

    Suicide on first down.. how classic.

    Probably cried billy op the next minute on the forum

  • I normally only like kitties, but you have shaken my feline foundations and I now have love for the bovine! They're so adorable!

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004195#Comment_2004195

    I normally only like kitties, but you have shaken my feline foundations and I now have love for the bovine! They're so adorable!

    IMG_0698.jpg

    He appreciates the support

  • @fogdonkey said:

    I have no problem playing against a killer with bbq. Try using Kindred, then you see in which direction is the killer walking after a hook.

    I also like bbq when playing as killer and I am highly against making it a hex perk.

    The aura is still shown to the killer. Too much advantage for one perk as auras are shown throughout the entire match.

    @WishIcouldmain said:

    I disagree BBQS aura can't be utilized by most killers. And has various counters.

    1. Get in a locker

    2. Get behind a gen

    3. Be within 40 meters

    4. Walk one way 4 seconds then the other way

    Those were the Non perk counters which means you don't need a special perk to counter BBQ.

    That would be constantly avoiding objective to workaround a perk. Way too much. Like I said, a good killer you don't have time to do those things, that's too much advantage for having BBQ equipped, nothing else compares to it. This perk needs balanced with good killers in mind, but also not rewarding bad killers that camps.

    While it is not as strong for some killers, it is extremely overpowered on killers like Freddy for sure, Oni, Billy, Spirit, Nurse, Blight, Huntress.

  • That would be constantly avoiding objective to workaround a perk. Way too much. Like I said, a good killer you don't have time to do those things, that's too much advantage for having BBQ equipped, nothing else compares to it. This perk needs balanced with good killers in mind, but also not rewarding bad killers that camps.

    Mostly depends on Killer, I had a match in Lery where Killer brought Red pre-nerf Mori. 2 survivors Moried with BBQ, and still 2 Gen left.

    Im alone did the last 2 Gen. That Meg was able to chase the killer for 3min. We both escape.

    Meg didnt down -> no hook -> no BBQ used

  • oh god a survivor main. everyone run!

  • Sluzzy after reading the comments:

    tenor (2).gif


  • @TicTac said:

    Sluzzy, are you serious? A hex perk?

    I mean, there is a first time for everything, but somehow I doubt it.

  • 15 counters more or less, "we need a nerf" people say, I thought you were good Sluzzy

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It doesn't take long to notice the elephant of all perks on either side: BBQ. A pay-to-win perk on a licensed DLC. Used on every killer for the tremendous advantage and value. This perk is literally spammed in every game. It should be a HEX perk or nerfed to lose the aura reading.

    BBQ was released when survivors were much stronger along with maps. Maps were also easier to hide. Survivor perks are always nerfed only when considered being used on a good SWF. The same logic and fair balancing should apply to killers. To beat a good killer you must work on gens for every second possible. You cannot spend your entire match looking and hiding in lockers because the killer will have a huge upper hand as this is the only counterplay provided to stop the aura. He most likely has Ruin so the gen is losing progress when you leave it. Too much advantage for a perk.

    There is another reason why being a HEX would be an excellent change to BBQ. A killer that camps can still be awarded BBQ stacks if he uses NOED or when saves occur. He is awarded for the thing the perk was originally designed to prevent in the first place! If the perk is a HEX perk the killer will be in a race to hook as many different survivors as possible before the totem is destroyed. This will create pressure on the killer to guard totems, gens, and hook survivors in the process instead of camping and being awarded for it with a perk.

    If it is not a HEX perk it needs to lose the aura reading because it gives too much value for one perk alone. This perk has been overpowered and abused by high mobility killers way too long.

    Why are people biting? This is so obviously bait ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿคฃ

  • Because a perk is used often that doesn't mean it should be nerfed. I personally use it for the bloodpoints and not the aura reading. I believe it's a good perk because it gives you aura reading, which is necessary for your next move, and bloodpoints because everyone needs em.

    Basically what you say is: I wanna make it harder for killers to get bbq stacks if toxic, but there really is no reason to do that

  • Lol, no, just no.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    As always the survivor equivalent (WGLF) is even stronger. Yet it's the killer version which isn't even that good which gets complained about.

    It's not stronger. Knowing where to go next is critical for killers. Bbq auras are invaluable. Wglf healing is strong, but entirely dependent on the killer slugging. Which you can't predict or rely on.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004057#Comment_2004057

    It's not stronger. Knowing where to go next is critical for killers. Bbq auras are invaluable. Wglf healing is strong, but entirely dependent on the killer slugging. Which you can't predict or rely on.

    You're right, I always run BBQ and wglf because I'm trying to max out every surv and killer, BBQs secondary effect is far more valuable than wglf's; however, both are helpful to survivors, wglf discourages slugging and BBQ discourages camping.

  • @jester20k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004830#Comment_2004830

    You're right, I always run BBQ and wglf because I'm trying to max out every surv and killer, BBQs secondary effect is far more valuable than wglf's; however, both are helpful to survivors, wglf discourages slugging and BBQ discourages camping.

    Not really. Unless point farming nobody runs Wglf even now. As a result killers hardly need to worry about it. As for Bbq, it was meant to discourage camping, but honestly I see just as many campers running it.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004832#Comment_2004832

    Not really. Unless point farming nobody runs Wglf even now. As a result killers hardly need to worry about it. As for Bbq, it was meant to discourage camping, but honestly I see just as many campers running it.

    I'm an admitted BP prostitute so always running wglf, never seen anyone else use it, but it actually comes in clutch way more than you would think, I think the only killers that might camp with BBQ are the ones that don't get a bead on anyone when it procs, I hope so anyway.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2003834#Comment_2003834

    I'd still run it as that's double of the double amount, that's triple the bp.

    Fun fact which i find interesting is original were gonna live forever i think went up to 200% instead of the 100 it has now but they nerfed it because "to much bp"

  • @jester20k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004835#Comment_2004835

    I'm an admitted BP prostitute so always running wglf, never seen anyone else use it, but it actually comes in clutch way more than you would think, I think the only killers that might camp with BBQ are the ones that don't get a bead on anyone when it procs, I hope so anyway.

    Unfortunately no. It's very popular with the face camping Bubba crowd.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It doesn't take long to notice the elephant of all perks on either side: BBQ. A pay-to-win perk on a licensed DLC. Used on every killer for the tremendous advantage and value. This perk is literally spammed in every game. It should be a HEX perk or nerfed to lose the aura reading.

    BBQ was released when survivors were much stronger along with maps. Maps were also easier to hide. Survivor perks are always nerfed only when considered being used on a good SWF. The same logic and fair balancing should apply to killers. To beat a good killer you must work on gens for every second possible. You cannot spend your entire match looking and hiding in lockers because the killer will have a huge upper hand as this is the only counterplay provided to stop the aura. He most likely has Ruin so the gen is losing progress when you leave it. Too much advantage for a perk.

    There is another reason why being a HEX would be an excellent change to BBQ. A killer that camps can still be awarded BBQ stacks if he uses NOED or when saves occur. He is awarded for the thing the perk was originally designed to prevent in the first place! If the perk is a HEX perk the killer will be in a race to hook as many different survivors as possible before the totem is destroyed. This will create pressure on the killer to guard totems, gens, and hook survivors in the process instead of camping and being awarded for it with a perk.

    If it is not a HEX perk it needs to lose the aura reading because it gives too much value for one perk alone. This perk has been overpowered and abused by high mobility killers way too long.

    Hex: No Thanks.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004841#Comment_2004841

    Unfortunately no. It's very popular with the face camping Bubba crowd.

    That's only because noob Bubbas only have three perks to choose from and bbq and franklins are always top of the list

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Hex: Sluzzy

    The constant pandering towards these overpowered killer mains fills you with rage

    all totems spawn inside the killer's rectum at the beginning of the match, instantly exploding and causing them to suffer from the status effect 'haemorrhoids' for 2/3/4 months

    "Ow my fkin ass" - Caleb Quinn

    This is the greatest reply to this thread

    @Aneurysm said:

    Also be sure to check out the OP's playstyle from this video (it's the Meg) it'll make a lot of this make sense

    https://youtu.be/B6WzHNahIbQ

    Oh my lord they're one of those survivors that suicide on hook on first down

  • @Shenshen said:

    Nice joke OP. What's next? nerf whispers?

    Whispers NEEDS to be a hex perk. Literally the most broken thing in the game. And survivors should be able to do a gen in 15 seconds the killers just tunnel the gens