New aura system

I want to suggest a option to change the color, saturation and brightness of the auras because i can't see anything with this "new aura system".

Killer: Far gen

Untitled Image


Survivor: Bond very close

Untitled Image

Bond close

Untitled Image

Bond medium and far

Untitled Image

Hooked Survivor

Untitled Image


More screenshots showing how bad are the auras would be appreciated.

Edit: More screenshots provided by the people in the thread:

@Elena said:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4OVOIRP0LCV7/image.png

It might look good here (because it's zoomed in), but in game I can barely see the hooked survivor's aura as well as the other survivors and killer with Kindred.

@Khalednazari said:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9ETJ3QYP8MQC/img-20200728-221602.jpg

Is that a downed survivor or the size of the brain of the person who decided auras should be so small?

@Jesya said:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/P38GCHCEHJAX/dead-by-daylight-special-edition-288-29.png

View as killer starting a match....

Survivor with kindred is uploading now to xbox live... 1 minute (or 2)

@LapisInfernalis said:

Can you see the person on the hook at the far end? Or the other person running near by? Kindred in use here.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/D46NANL09Z4H/20200728184310-1.jpg

You can barely see the slugged person.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9X4GV72OAUFP/20200728184120-1.jpg

Same. Only with a hooked person.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/H4R3RH59JZSL/20200728183929-1.jpg

Old Auras:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BMJXVUBRBYTD/20200709201801-1.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0MK9UWIC7RGC/20200612224523-1.jpg

Please redo the change to the auras. THey are so hard to see now and look so weired. I play on medium btw.

@xenotimebong said:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UTUXPE93A9O6/auras-1.png

Auras on the lower floor of the The Game. Good luck spotting Trapper's traps.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/VCR4KEHRE7LM/auras-2.png

They're slightly better on the upper floor at least? Seems like they're pretty affected by the lighting/design of the map.

@crixus006 said:

https://youtu.be/Y2bN9hIIshQ

I hope that this can be an error


Thanks.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • i don’t know why they changed auras all of a sudden. They’re awful, tiny, ugly. If anything, remove the damn blob after killer hooks someone. I think both sides could agree on that. Bring back the old auras

  • auras-1.png

    Auras on the lower floor of the The Game. Good luck spotting Trapper's traps.

    auras-2.png

    They're slightly better on the upper floor at least? Seems like they're pretty affected by the lighting/design of the map.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    i don’t know why they changed auras all of a sudden. They’re awful, tiny, ugly. If anything, remove the damn blob after killer hooks someone. I think both sides could agree on that. Bring back the old auras

    Damn right, can't tell how many times this blob hid the killer away from sight and pretty much closed a lot of distance on me, it gets annoying.

  • @snozer said:

    That is the idea. they essentially deleted aura s from the game without doing it.

    They nerfed all aura read perks and bbq in one hit lol! On the survivor side they actually beefed up auras and made them more visible.

    They look awful for Surv too. Dunno what you're on about there.

  • I’m red/green colourblind and can’t see the red auras at all. Sorry to any survivor teammates that get hooked, I have a constant third seal debuff.

  • newauras.png

    So here they are. Personally I think they look alright.

  • Dear god, they look... unfinished. Like a placeholder highlight for some no-budget unity game.

  • They really really do need to add colorblind mode though, like this ######### is awful enough for people who aren't colorblind.

  • I mean, I understand the IDEA here: use the lighting on the models to create an aura, which might increase performance.

    But it's a terrible designchoice and, as stated several times now, makes it neigh impossible to play when one's colorblind.

    In short:

    Please, please please revert it back to the flat-mapping auras from before and add a colorblind mode for auras and scratchmarks.

  • The new auras look terrible, less visable and just ugly. Bring back the old auras.

  • while it does look nice, in terms of gameplay, it is much more difficult to see auras of survivors when playing killer. If your not paying attention to bbq, you will miss the the survivors completely. If next to a gen, almost impossible to see.

  • Agree, on Ormond the auras are basically nonexistent.

  • Do you have a picture?

  • I also agree with this, I am now struggling to see Players that are the other side of the map with BBQ, I prefer the older ones.

  • @Mellow7 said:

    Do you have a picture?

    there's a thread in the feedback section.

  • Me neither, I could not see survivors with barbecue at all.

  • There was literally zero point in making them less noticeable. I’ve never seen a single person complain about how they were.

  • It's hard enough for me to see, I can't imagine what it would be like now for colorblind people.

  • I was just about to post this. I played one game and thought "okay the auras are clearly just bugged" but they were the same in the second game which led to me finding the patch notes and noticing the aura change. I haven't seen any chest, totem, door, or generator aura, but the survivor and killer auras are poor, to put it politely. They're far too slender, too dark and generally just really difficult to actually see. They remind me of Echoes from Mirror's Edge: Catalyst if any of you have played that game. #revertauras

  • I'm colorblind and thought these changes were just screwing me over harder. I'm honestly glad to see others are having issues since BHVR haven't been willing to give ANY colorblind options in 4 years (I don't give a ######### about blood, let me change the auras that are normally red since they're supposed to be visible, and scratchmarks, holy #########)...if others hate it too then there's a chance in hell we'll get it fixed.

  • I agree. The auras are trash. They look like x-rays or something, but they're useless now.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    Me neither, I could not see survivors with barbecue at all.

    Killers said that they used BBQ only for BP, so this is not a problem :). Anyway as a surv I don't know which killer I'm playing against, I can't recognize their auras

  • Another couple screenshots. Really hard to see gens or survivors now.

    20200728121605_1.jpg 20200728121859_1.jpg 20200728123233_1.jpg


  • @LordRegal said:

    I'm colorblind and thought these changes were just screwing me over harder. I'm honestly glad to see others are having issues since BHVR haven't been willing to give ANY colorblind options in 4 years (I don't give a ######### about blood, let me change the auras that are normally red since they're supposed to be visible, and scratchmarks, holy #########)...if others hate it too then there's a chance in hell we'll get it fixed.

    I do hope colorblind players get options really soon, been asking for 'em aswell since the game is all around auras and scratches, so best of luck, maybe they will do something soon.

  • Not had a chance to get on myself so i don't know what they are like first-hand but going off your screenshots they sont look as bad as everyone is saying..


    My opinion might change once i get into a game though.

  • @vogit10102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1482791#Comment_1482791

    Killers said that they used BBQ only for BP, so this is not a problem :). Anyway as a surv I don't know which killer I'm playing against, I can't recognize their auras

    Why should someone use BBQ only for BPs? It is the combination of aura reading and bps that actually makes this perk quite nice. I wouldn't use it at all if they removed one or the other feature. 

  • Here's my question. Why did the update not include a disclaimer that said:

    "If you have even the slightest bit of color blindness we here at BHVR hate you. We don't want you playing our game. We would rather you play anything else. For that reason we have decided to make auras almost completely indistinguishable to those with any degree of color blindness. We realize the ability to see an aura is a critical part of this game. But if you're color blind you don't deserve to play anyway."

    Up until this point I had refrained from buying RE resistance because I was still having fun with this game. This is literally game breaking. I have played a few games since the update and have had an extremely hard time seeing auras at all. At times I've literally not been able to see them. I suppose I will check here on this forum ever so often to see if they have changed it back. Until then I want the devs, mods and everyone else associate with BHVR here to know 3 things.

    1) I have loved this game for a long time. I have played through changes I loved and changes I hated. Through it all the game remained one of my favorite ever.

    2) Today BHVR just broke the game for me. Not with some nerf or buff to a killer or survivor. But with a change that basically made a critical aspect of the game invisible to me. Thanks for all the fun I've had until now. I still wish the game and all it's player (at the least the ones that can actually see everything) continued fun and success.

    3) While I really do wish you success I want to express my complete disappointment that no one at BHVR thought it would be a bad idea to change something that makes your game nearly impossible for those with any sort of color blindness.

  • @vogit10102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1482791#Comment_1482791

    Killers said that they used BBQ only for BP, so this is not a problem :). Anyway as a surv I don't know which killer I'm playing against, I can't recognize their auras

    Who ever said that? BBQ is used for BP AND tracking.

  • they look like some X-ray thingies.

    At least it will look cool when I run leprose lichen demo now.

  • I like them better, to be honest. They were comically bright and easy to read even across the map before. I feel like this actually fits the art style a little better and means you have to spend at least a split second paying attention to see what's going on, instead of having bright neon colors, crystal clear, from a mile away.

  • They look awful compared to previous auras imo, you almost can't see the Killer in the picture. And these auras on Ormond? Nonexistent...

  • I also faced an object of absession and she was barely visable....

  • Auras of gens are almost invisible when the gen is (not that) far away

  • @MojoTheFabulous said:

    I don't understand why they decided to change something that had worked fine for years.

    It's been very inconsistent with auras being solid, I hope this is only a placeholder while they work on making better auras that are less likely to be buggy, as they definitely have been in the past.

  • I posted this as a reply in a thread in general discussion, but wanted to post it here too:

    Here's my question. Why did the update not include a disclaimer that said:

    "If you have even the slightest bit of color blindness we here at BHVR hate you. We don't want you playing our game. We would rather you play anything else. For that reason we have decided to make auras almost completely indistinguishable to those with any degree of color blindness. We realize the ability to see an aura is a critical part of this game. But if you're color blind you don't deserve to play anyway."

    Up until this point I had refrained from buying RE resistance because I was still having fun with this game. This is literally game breaking. I have played a few games since the update and have had an extremely hard time seeing auras at all. At times I've literally not been able to see them. I suppose I will check here on this forum ever so often to see if they have changed it back. Until then I want the devs, mods and everyone else associate with BHVR here to know 3 things.

    1) I have loved this game for a long time. I have played through changes I loved and changes I hated. Through it all the game remained one of my favorite ever.

    2) Today BHVR just broke the game for me. Not with some nerf or buff to a killer or survivor. But with a change that basically made a critical aspect of the game invisible to me. Thanks for all the fun I've had until now. I still wish the game and all it's player (at the least the ones that can actually see everything) continued fun and success.

    3) While I really do wish you success I want to express my complete disappointment that no one at BHVR thought it would be a bad idea to change something that makes your game nearly impossible for those with any sort of color blindness.

  • It seems like they have a scrolling alpha mask going like over them, sometimes making parts invisible less or more.

  • It's game breaking for me. I have some color blindness. Was able to see auras before this without problem. Today I have played a few matches and can't see the majority of auras, and it's a struggle to see the ones I have seen. BHVR just broke their own game for me.

  • I made an account especially to complain about this. This aura change makes it impossible for us colourblind users to see auras and distinguish between them. Colourblind uses already have a difficult time seeing blood and scratch marks, but at least we could use auras to help us out. I believe BHVR are doing what they think is best, but please listen to the community when we tell you how detrimental this change is to a lot of your players, especially those with impaired vision.

  • @PassarinoT placeholders don't belong in the live game -- it's broken. I can't imagine someone from BHVR thinking yeah... this looks good push it through.

  • @WheresTheGate said:

    Here's my question. Why did the update not include a disclaimer that said:

    "If you have even the slightest bit of color blindness we here at BHVR hate you. We don't want you playing our game. We would rather you play anything else. For that reason we have decided to make auras almost completely indistinguishable to those with any degree of color blindness. We realize the ability to see an aura is a critical part of this game. But if you're color blind you don't deserve to play anyway."

    Up until this point I had refrained from buying RE resistance because I was still having fun with this game. This is literally game breaking. I have played a few games since the update and have had an extremely hard time seeing auras at all. At times I've literally not been able to see them. I suppose I will check here on this forum ever so often to see if they have changed it back. Until then I want the devs, mods and everyone else associate with BHVR here to know 3 things.

    1) I have loved this game for a long time. I have played through changes I loved and changes I hated. Through it all the game remained one of my favorite ever.

    2) Today BHVR just broke the game for me. Not with some nerf or buff to a killer or survivor. But with a change that basically made a critical aspect of the game invisible to me. Thanks for all the fun I've had until now. I still wish the game and all it's player (at the least the ones that can actually see everything) continued fun and success.

    3) While I really do wish you success I want to express my complete disappointment that no one at BHVR thought it would be a bad idea to change something that makes your game nearly impossible for those with any sort of color blindness.

    Hear hear...I literally cannot see the auras half the time anymore. It's so, so bad. Forget the occasional problem seeing totems or trapper traps, it's all red auras now. This was seriously the biggest middle finger to colorblind people they could have given.

    @Enlyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1482810#Comment_1482810

    I do hope colorblind players get options really soon, been asking for 'em aswell since the game is all around auras and scratches, so best of luck, maybe they will do something soon.

    I appreciate the sentiment, but...it's been four years and all they've ever done is say "well we can't do that because blood would be too easy to see" and ignore the fact that it would be ok to at least let us change the color of auras and scratchmarks...you know, the things that are supposed to be easy to see. Definitely not holding my breath. Why I'm glad regular color-vision players are having problems, they can't ignore the general population like they can us.

  • They probably have a reason for that. We have to get used to it. I think this change prevents some bugs in the future.

  • @Bobulkomat said:

    They probably have a reason for that. We have to get used to it. I think this change prevents some bugs in the future.

    I don’t know this change seems extremely backwards and unnecessary. I don’t know how this would exactly help with bugs, but this isn’t the solution.

  • @Jesya said:

    @PassarinoT placeholders don't belong in the live game -- it's broken. I can't imagine someone from BHVR thinking yeah... this looks good push it through.

    Yeah, very right, could also be just early testing to see how the system works but I still don't think that should be set across a live platform from console to PC like this.

  • Have fun on Ormond lol

  • pretty sure nobody is.

  • Agreed, completely. It's been four years and there's no options to change the red of gens/scratchmarks/traps/hooked survivors/downed survivors. I can accept their reasoning on it being unfair to change blood, but these new auras just make it genuinely impossible to see things correctly. I was starting to burn out a little anyway, but with this...holy hell is it going to be impossible to play well. Which is a shame since I really wanted that premium track Wraith skin...oh well, I can live without it and the frustration the new auras cause.

    Edit: moderate deuteranopia and protanopia here, so all sorts of issues seeing blended colors, which is ALL these auras are now.

  • Yeah these auras don't look very good. Why wasn't this in the PTB? Is this some super secret way of nerfing BBQ?

1 2 3 4 … 9