Which killer needs a nerf the most right now?

In your opinion which killer needs to be nerfed or reworked next? My vote is hillbilly but I also think a few others could be toned down. Thoughts?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • None. Maps need fixed before anymore nerfs on both sides.

  • I don't think any need nerfs. I think a few need reworks (looking at you Bubba) and I think a few need buffs.

  • Yet you answered. Hmmm. It’s not bait it’s a question. Just because you don’t like doesn’t mean crap.


    By the way I liked what you said on that other post about needing Freddy. I agree 100%

  • Freddy tbh, I hate what they did to him, both playing as and against him.

    I liked Old Freddy a LOT tbh, new freddy is just cheap and lame.

  • Most killers need buffs. A few need reworks.

    Maps are the biggest issue though.

  • Dwights booty needs a nerf. It makes him immune from all attacks.

  • @Hamtroll said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054386#Comment_1054386

    You literally have to have iron will or she downs you for free. All I see at red ranks are spirit, freddy, huntress, and doctor right now.

    She still pops straight onto generators with little warning, getting her the first free hit. Then, with no iron will, there's literally nothing you can do to stop the second hit.

    That is just false. Considering sounds are broken right now, Spirit's have a hard time. Iron Will is definitely good against her, but it isn't necessary.

    Jungle gyms hurt her and if you can juke her power once, you get to loop a 110% Killer with no power for quite some time. Remember, chases don't need to be long anymore, gens will fly.

  • Freddy.

    But before that, balancing the game is the top priority

  • Doctor, Hillbilly, and maybe Freddy.


    Mostly everyone, but Clown. 😎

  • @ppo8820 said:

    In your opinion which killer needs to be nerfed or reworked next? My vote is hillbilly but I also think a few others could be toned down. Thoughts?

    good lord dev´s dont listen to green-rank survivors like you.........

  • Nurse if any

    Only killer, where you have no chance if the player is good, regardless of your looping skills. Yes i know, you need a tremendous amount of time to get good with her, but then you are almost unbeatable.

  • @Hamtroll said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054476#Comment_1054476

    The only sounds I have seen being broken are survivors on the ground not making noise, completely irrelevant to spirit.

    "Jungle gyms hurt her" only if you have iron will. Otherwise, she can teleport straight onto your head with 0 counterplay.

    That just isn't true. I've told you why it isn't true, let me try again. If you run a jungle gym correctly, throw down the pallet a little early then vault the window, she has to break the pallet or she doesn't catch you.

    If you vault the window first and she hits you, you likely wouldn't have made it anyway.

    Hope this helps :)

  • @Hamtroll said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054551#Comment_1054551

    "Run a jungle gym correctly" against the killer you have no idea where she is, what she is doing, and with no iron will, if she is about to drop straight on top of you.

    There is no mindgaming a spirit, you can only guess what side of the pallet she is going to reappear on. It is still a coin flip, just as it has always been, even before her "nerfs".

    Oh no, spirit has a vault animation now. What a nerf. She can't down you 100% of the time by running into you while phasing, what a nerf.

    Keep crutching on her though, just as many killers at red ranks do. It is fortunate I always run iron will anyways, but the best spirits will be running stridor so it hardly matters.

    You have completely ignored my advice and have already made up your mind. That saddens me. Good luck.

  • omg, a real killer! pls, nerf. xD

  • Nobody needs nerfed, we need more buffs than nerfs tbh

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    How about we tone survivors down and rebalance maps instead considering exit gates being opened in an average of 6~7 minutes isn't healthy for either side.

    Seriously, I don't know what your fetish is for hating on killers the past couple weeks, but you need to stop confusing "bias" with "balance" because at the rate, I find it very difficult to even take you seriously.

    Lmao, this forum has a fetish with hating survivors and the devs, not the other way around.

  • I would say the strongest killer of this game is generator speed, nerf asap.

  • Quite a few characters need slight tweaks and several need major buffs.

    I think that Insta-saw should be gutted from the game, for one. Maybe increase the minimum distance of traps on hooks for Hag. Small changes to things that are genuinely frustrating. Lullaby radius counting as a Terror radius for perks in dream world could also be one.


    That being said, though. Everyone else, except for Freddy, Doc, Nurse, Spirit, GF and Myers need a buff. Even smaller ones, like slightly increased Uncloaking speed, starting with all bear traps active, removing the crouch speed penalty, when Feral Frenzy is active, increase Terror radius by 8m.

  • More nerfs for killers??? All the killers pretty much got nerfed since Hex: Ruin was nerfed because "Survivors say it's stressful and frustrating to play against" even though the game was meant to be stressful and frustrating....

  • @Biohazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/126162/which-killer-needs-a-nerf-the-most-right-now

    good lord dev´s dont listen to green-rank survivors like you.........

    I’m red ranks now, sometimes purple.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054614#Comment_1054614

    Did we not read the same developer notes or something? I don't know about you, but that had survivor bias written all over it and that's not disputable. It's there for everyone to see.

    Also, I don't know if you saw the DBD Discord the day that announcement was... announced, but it made the killer's who are clearly upset and disillusioned with BHVR's decisions on this forum look like butterflies and rainbows in comparison.

    The dev notes dont represent the opinion of the users of the forum, you dummy

  • Back to the ol' agenda again, I see.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    In your opinion which killer needs to be nerfed or reworked next? My vote is hillbilly but I also think a few others could be toned down. Thoughts?

    None of the basekits of any killers are overpowered in the current state of the game, the only thing that killers have which should be addressed are the following ;

    • Iridescent Heads
    • Mint Rag
    • Ebony & Ivory Mori
    • Instasaw Billy

    Baseline Hillbilly is widely considered as a balanced killer among the more experienced players and while other killers like Spirit, Freddy and Hag can feel annoying (seeing as other comments are saying Spirit and Freddy) nerfing them is not the solution because the issue is that they're oppressive, not the fact that they're too powerful.

    With that being said, there have been a decently high number of nerfs for both sides which span over the past few updates and rather than focusing on the next thing to nerf I think it's better to just focus on the quality of games for both sides by changing maps and improving the baseline game experience, even buffing the weaker things on both ends for more interesting options.

  • I think we should nerf The Clown by removing his knife. He is a Clown after all, and should instead entertain survivors with circus acts and funny skits. Because he certainly can't juggle gen and map pressure am I right fellas?

  • @THE_SMASHER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1055018#Comment_1055018

    Iri head I agree. Mori's...eh, I'd say keys should be nerfed first. Mori's have a huge downside to them as it is. I don't think killers get sacrifices from them, which means if they mori someone, they will prolly not rank up. Mint rag is fine...once you know she has it, it shouldn't be an issue to go against it. I never have issues anyway.

    As for instasaw...I don't think thats a thing anymore? tinkerer was changed, which is what made instasaw "insta"..

    Well, some people don't really care about ranking up much in the first place which is why that's on the list, plus often times you'll just pip anyways from a normal match which means it makes it pretty fast to recover from one match of running a mori. However I do agree that any changes done to a mori should be met with changes to keys.

    As for instasaw I pretty much just mean the closest you can get to it as sometimes it can feel bad but even that shouldn't come with a nerf to the numbers but rather just not letting them stack so that other addons can be used with it instead such as engravings, turning speed & cooldown addons. Luckily it seems that the people who run double charge speed addons on Billy tend to not be good so even that isn't the biggest issue on the list.

    Lastly I only list Mint Rag purely because of the camping potential with it, it tends to lead onto incredibly boring matches where saves cannot be made more than anything else.

  • I really hope Spirit doesn't get nerfed again. She is kind of slow and can be easily juked by decent survivors. Plus, she is supposed to be unpredictable anyway.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    In your opinion which killer needs to be nerfed or reworked next? My vote is hillbilly but I also think a few others could be toned down. Thoughts?

    The doctor needs the nerf the most again

  • I cant really think of any killer that needs a nerf, at most there are some add-ons that should get a slight, but besides that, its good


  • I don't think any killer needs a nerf.


    Legion needs a rework though. He's so boring and he feels so weak. When he was announced I remember how everyone was happy to just to have a fast killer for once. Then he got released and they had to bind him up in all sorts bull. Now he ain't much better.


    I wish they'd just...let him run...I don't care if he's got to rubber stab deep wounds you and has a silly level of narrow view. If he loses killer instinct or whatever. Just let me play as a killer than can go fast. If not that. Make his frenzy stab count as a basic attack so his power actually has some synergy.


    Bubba: He's not an awful killer. I think that he would be more FUN for both sides if he had no terror radius but lacked a basic attack but in return had a louder rumbling chainsaw sound. He still got to reev it up. I like the idea of a killer who SEEMs like he is stealthy but his sounds and power go against that. Creating really intense surprsie chases and jumpscares.

  • None of them really.


    Maps need to be reworked if anything, then we can get back to killer and survivor balancing.

  • None, just rush gens like always. The game is heavily in the survivors favor

  • Quite frankly nothing should get nerfed besides toolboxes and like a tweak to make decisive less annoying thats it

  • Not a single killer is overpowered against good survivors at this point.

    Freddy is incredibly beatable by good loopers with teammates that actually do generators and stay awake.

    Spirit can be mostly mitigated by Iron Will, and honestly, what other killer are you worried about that you have to take perks to prepare for? Iron Will is great against every killer anyway.

    Hag will get dismantled by a coordinated team with Sprint Burst. She'll never have any traps down.

    Oni has 0 chase power outside of his ability and he's effectively locked out of his ability for 2-3 gens at the start unless the survivors mess up or he has a favorable map.

    Billy can snowball like crazy, but you shouldn't be bunched up against an on-demand one shot killer. That's not a Billy problem, that's a survivor awareness problem.

    Run Kindred and do the generators.

  • Nea when it comes to nerfs.

    For reworks, I can’t decide between Clown, Legion, or Leatherface.

  • I think the huge consensus is.... They don't. Most people don't think killers need any more nerfs. What's more important to point out, a lot of survivors who actually have experience have expressed their opinion that killers are either balanced or under powered right now. But none seem to be actually overpowered. And as someone who also plays both sides, I've never felt like a lost a game as survivor because the killer was just too strong. Usually it's because I made a mistake, or a few mistakes.

    But I have a question for the one who posted this. You've made multiple posts trying to call people to rise up and say that killers or a specific killer is overpowered. Yet no one actually agrees with you. So what are you trying to accomplish? Are you just looking for attention? Or are you trying to find other players who are just as bad at the game as you are? You're like that one person who starts a slow clap and nobody else starts clapping lol

  • You're just boring, stop bating. I stopped with rating your baits

  • None.

    I don't think any nerfs to killers should be looked at until they can gather the data from the ruin change.

    As it stands right now id say tool boxes should be the highest priority to be looked at since the changes to some slow down mechanics have been done the ones which speed it up should be starting to become more obvious.

  • @Advorsus said:

    I think the huge consensus is.... They don't. Most people don't think killers need any more nerfs. What's more important to point out, a lot of survivors who actually have experience have expressed their opinion that killers are either balanced or under powered right now. But none seem to be actually overpowered. And as someone who also plays both sides, I've never felt like a lost a game as survivor because the killer was just too strong. Usually it's because I made a mistake, or a few mistakes.

    But I have a question for the one who posted this. You've made multiple posts trying to call people to rise up and say that killers or a specific killer is overpowered. Yet no one actually agrees with you. So what are you trying to accomplish? Are you just looking for attention? Or are you trying to find other players who are just as bad at the game as you are? You're like that one person who starts a slow clap and nobody else starts clapping lol

    Well obviously killers will say none. No one cares what they think. I’m talking to those who play both and to survivors. Thanks though and god bless.

  • @Hamtroll said:

    Spirit

    You could very well just drop a pallet on a phasing spirit and go back to lobby simulator. She does have footsteps you know.

  • As a rework, bubba. It will be hard to change him but he desperately needs one.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    In your opinion which killer needs to be nerfed or reworked next? My vote is hillbilly but I also think a few others could be toned down. Thoughts?

    Bubba and his chainsaw need to be nerfed

  • @GhostofYharnam said:

    None. Maps need fixed before anymore nerfs on both sides.

    I can get down with this.

‹ 1 2 3