Recent ruin nerfs made 70% of the killers unplayeable+ Rank system broken

Perhaps even more of that.

I have 1000 hours into this game and it is just extremely sad to see how it is now. Ive been rank 1 on both sides multiple times

Recently I bought Oni and demo because they looked fun. Well theyre both unplayeable now. Oni got fixed but with the current gen speed at high ranks(basically 3 gens for the first hook in general, at the very least 2 and then the game is usually over very soon) any killer thats kinda slow is unplayeable. Any trap killer, or killer with few map control. I wanted to play demo and try fun builds but thats not happening. Even with competitive builds most killers are just not playeable right now, if you want to get kills and/or pip.

And it just makes me super sad, and its the long run its guaranted to make the devs lose money and players.

Ruin was bad in the first place, all you had to do was adress the gen speed which somehow theyre still ignoring as this date. The old ruin was unfun for new survivors but was the only way to buy some time at high ranks.

I am tired of having to play Hillbilly,Nurse or Spirit if I want to do well at high ranks. I cant even play Huntress anymore which was my favourite killer

Not even mentionning the incredible toxicity, especially on survivor side(I play both side), when you get tbagged all game because they know they clearly have the power role

Again, I'm not a killer main, in fact for the last couple of weeks/months Ive been playing more survivor and it just disgust me to see my team mates tbag and b toxic all game because they have all the crutch perks like BT,DS and stuff like this. It's just getting out of hand.

On top of that, and yes, thats another topic, even playing solo survivor is not fun now. With the new rank system at least I didnt have to grind all the ranks again, but for what? Now that i'm rank 1 again, I get matched with 1-2 rank 15+ EVERY game. Whats the result of this? Well people stop soloQ(which I prefer) and start going SWF with coms, which is terrible for the game.

Currently, the game is in one of the worst state it ever has been, and unless devs are starting to wake up and make some massive changes(map designs, gen speed, swf) it's just going to get worse and worse.

I could make a list long like my arm of all the issues this game is facing currently but it wouldn't matter because the devs ignore everything that is linked to balance and prefer to be in another universe, as we've all seen in the last dev stream.

Comments

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032452#Comment_1032452

    That's still not 3 gens though

    I need someone to show me that, I have yet to see that happen to myself or any of the streamers I watch

    If you find a competent survivor first. They can be extra safe and throw pallets. If the team is not potatoes, the other three survivors will work on a gen each. That's 80 seconds each, with plenty of loops and pallets it's easy to pop 3 gens by the first down.

  • @AllMyLemons said:

    And even if you get high rank team its not guaranteed that they can actually play decent.

    I play both sides as well, it hurts when me and one just one friend are trying to have fun and the rank 4's are hiding in lockers and camping hatch, meanwhile my rank 7 ass loops the killer for 3 gens and my rank 4 friend can too, not always guaranteed but i have never been red ranks (almost at 5 and 2/5) but it seems to me like i shouldnt care because the killer cant determine skill off of rank, its stupid

    I do have to hand it to behavior though, at least the killer ranks are pretty accurate, i mean i fight green rank killers who are good as they should be, and red ranks either know how to play said killer or are just good with th occasional "he shouldnt be red rank" killer

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Maybe you just need a break from killer?

    Try out survivor, I hear Doctor is very fun to play against now.

    Or try out some CIV, that's a pretty fun game.

    If you're looking to wait 15 minutes for a 10 minute game

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032469#Comment_1032469

    That actually helped see it. Seems right.

    Though in those very same 2 minutes he got 2 basement hooks

    Thats... thats the point

  • @Rasinbran said:

    Yeah well if people were seriously that dependent on ruin to be somewhat decent then good riddance.

    Bro you need to read, thats not the thing, if people were really that bad at skill checks then good riddance am i right? Its the problem if gen speeds, i can see youll agree when i say they should nerf DS to the ground if so many people rely on it

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Maybe you just need a break from killer?

    Try out survivor, I hear Doctor is very fun to play against now.

    Or try out some CIV, that's a pretty fun game.

    So i get this is a joke but if someone actually uses this, well survivor qeue times are already crap

  • Finally survivors can actually win again

  • @ohmwreckerfan8492 said:

    Finally survivors can actually win again

    Survivors could always win. Now they will just win more. Which they already did pretty well. Because they are the power role and BHVR refuses to admit this, much less change it. They have all the crutch perks, they have all the map advantage.

  • I completely agree I’m rank 1 with survivor and killer and the ruin nerf is just horrible I love how people are saying that you just relied on ruin to much get over ok then what if they nerfed toolboxes and nerfed adrenaline,quick and quiet, or head on the survivors would be flipping out and half the people that say the nerf is good probably have no more than 5 hours on killer

  • @ThatLaurieMain you probably have no more than 5 hours on killer every entitled survivor sits here and is happy and expects killers to be the same remember what happened every time a survivor perk got nerfed they review bombed the game and kept disconnecting against all the killers they didn’t like and look now all of the killers and killer perks are complete garbage compared to what the survivors have you guys kept dcing against spirit she got a nerf you guys kept complaining about ruin it got a nerf and you guys complained about the nurse she got a nerf and many more examples and what have the survivors gotten a nerf on mom and ds wow this game really needs some more devs who listen to the killers and not just survivors


    ps... don’t say I’m a killer main I play survivor as well I’m actually a higher rank survivor than killer currently but I still agree with killers every game I get in I complete a gen in no more than 45 seconds

  • @TeddyR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034277#Comment_1034277

    Bro you need to read, thats not the thing, if people were really that bad at skill checks then good riddance am i right? Its the problem if gen speeds, i can see youll agree when i say they should nerf DS to the ground if so many people rely on it

    The game is winnable with or without ruin. But don't count yourself as good enough if ruin is in every one of your builds.

  • @HeavenRoad said:

    Perhaps even more of that.

    I have 1000 hours into this game and it is just extremely sad to see how it is now. Ive been rank 1 on both sides multiple times

    Recently I bought Oni and demo because they looked fun. Well theyre both unplayeable now. Oni got fixed but with the current gen speed at high ranks(basically 3 gens for the first hook in general, at the very least 2 and then the game is usually over very soon) any killer thats kinda slow is unplayeable. Any trap killer, or killer with few map control. I wanted to play demo and try fun builds but thats not happening. Even with competitive builds most killers are just not playeable right now, if you want to get kills and/or pip.

    And it just makes me super sad, and its the long run its guaranted to make the devs lose money and players.

    Ruin was bad in the first place, all you had to do was adress the gen speed which somehow theyre still ignoring as this date. The old ruin was unfun for new survivors but was the only way to buy some time at high ranks.

    I am tired of having to play Hillbilly,Nurse or Spirit if I want to do well at high ranks. I cant even play Huntress anymore which was my favourite killer

    Not even mentionning the incredible toxicity, especially on survivor side(I play both side), when you get tbagged all game because they know they clearly have the power role

    Again, I'm not a killer main, in fact for the last couple of weeks/months Ive been playing more survivor and it just disgust me to see my team mates tbag and b toxic all game because they have all the crutch perks like BT,DS and stuff like this. It's just getting out of hand.

    On top of that, and yes, thats another topic, even playing solo survivor is not fun now. With the new rank system at least I didnt have to grind all the ranks again, but for what? Now that i'm rank 1 again, I get matched with 1-2 rank 15+ EVERY game. Whats the result of this? Well people stop soloQ(which I prefer) and start going SWF with coms, which is terrible for the game.

    Currently, the game is in one of the worst state it ever has been, and unless devs are starting to wake up and make some massive changes(map designs, gen speed, swf) it's just going to get worse and worse.

    I could make a list long like my arm of all the issues this game is facing currently but it wouldn't matter because the devs ignore everything that is linked to balance and prefer to be in another universe, as we've all seen in the last dev stream.

    @HeavenRoad said:

    Perhaps even more of that.

    I have 1000 hours into this game and it is just extremely sad to see how it is now. Ive been rank 1 on both sides multiple times

    Recently I bought Oni and demo because they looked fun. Well theyre both unplayeable now. Oni got fixed but with the current gen speed at high ranks(basically 3 gens for the first hook in general, at the very least 2 and then the game is usually over very soon) any killer thats kinda slow is unplayeable. Any trap killer, or killer with few map control. I wanted to play demo and try fun builds but thats not happening. Even with competitive builds most killers are just not playeable right now, if you want to get kills and/or pip.

    And it just makes me super sad, and its the long run its guaranted to make the devs lose money and players.

    Ruin was bad in the first place, all you had to do was adress the gen speed which somehow theyre still ignoring as this date. The old ruin was unfun for new survivors but was the only way to buy some time at high ranks.

    I am tired of having to play Hillbilly,Nurse or Spirit if I want to do well at high ranks. I cant even play Huntress anymore which was my favourite killer

    Not even mentionning the incredible toxicity, especially on survivor side(I play both side), when you get tbagged all game because they know they clearly have the power role

    Again, I'm not a killer main, in fact for the last couple of weeks/months Ive been playing more survivor and it just disgust me to see my team mates tbag and b toxic all game because they have all the crutch perks like BT,DS and stuff like this. It's just getting out of hand.

    On top of that, and yes, thats another topic, even playing solo survivor is not fun now. With the new rank system at least I didnt have to grind all the ranks again, but for what? Now that i'm rank 1 again, I get matched with 1-2 rank 15+ EVERY game. Whats the result of this? Well people stop soloQ(which I prefer) and start going SWF with coms, which is terrible for the game.

    Currently, the game is in one of the worst state it ever has been, and unless devs are starting to wake up and make some massive changes(map designs, gen speed, swf) it's just going to get worse and worse.

    I could make a list long like my arm of all the issues this game is facing currently but it wouldn't matter because the devs ignore everything that is linked to balance and prefer to be in another universe, as we've all seen in the last dev stream.

    Dude calm down. I haven’t played in a while so I was rank 11 yesterday today I’m rank 2 and I only played doctor all day well I played GF twice oni once and trapper twice but other than that it was all doctor. Every killer is viable in red ranks. The only things I can give ya is if you actually face the uncommon 4 man sweaty swf with a bigger map then MAYBE legion clown and bubba are extremely hard to play but literally every normal game you should be able to play every killer if you’re unlucky to get red forest as clown or have a swf on mount Ormond as legion then those are just bad luck games that aren’t impossible to win at. I’m sure you’re a kills=wins killer like me so I’m sure you’re the kind of guy that gets really angry when the last survivor finds hatch or something 😂😂😂 the game is in a great state rn ruin was a clutch perk idc what anyone says anything that’s a clutch needs to go just like BBQ’s BP bonus, just like survivor exhaustion perks. All that needs to be changed. Decrease the map size as well nerf the living hell out of toolboxes keys and moris and the game is in an amazing place. I mean sure I’d love asa killer main for gen times to get buffed and take longer but honestly thinking at both a high skill and low skill levels of play..... gen times are fine.

  • Trap killer main (hag) and still getting 4K against red and purple ranks... I like ruin better this way better tbh

  • They need gen times to be longer. 1 gen can be done in 80 secs by a survivor not to mention that 4 gens can also be done in 80 secs if 4 survs are working on gens

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032469#Comment_1032469

    That actually helped see it. Seems right.

    Though in those very same 2 minutes he got 2 basement hooks

    A lot of that is thanks to playing as a Spirit though. If they were any low mobility/non stealth killer then they wouldn't have gotten that good of a start.

  • @HeavenRoad said:

    Perhaps even more of that.

    I have 1000 hours into this game and it is just extremely sad to see how it is now. Ive been rank 1 on both sides multiple times

    Recently I bought Oni and demo because they looked fun. Well theyre both unplayeable now. Oni got fixed but with the current gen speed at high ranks(basically 3 gens for the first hook in general, at the very least 2 and then the game is usually over very soon) any killer thats kinda slow is unplayeable. Any trap killer, or killer with few map control. I wanted to play demo and try fun builds but thats not happening. Even with competitive builds most killers are just not playeable right now, if you want to get kills and/or pip.

    And it just makes me super sad, and its the long run its guaranted to make the devs lose money and players.

    Ruin was bad in the first place, all you had to do was adress the gen speed which somehow theyre still ignoring as this date. The old ruin was unfun for new survivors but was the only way to buy some time at high ranks.

    I am tired of having to play Hillbilly,Nurse or Spirit if I want to do well at high ranks. I cant even play Huntress anymore which was my favourite killer

    Not even mentionning the incredible toxicity, especially on survivor side(I play both side), when you get tbagged all game because they know they clearly have the power role

    Again, I'm not a killer main, in fact for the last couple of weeks/months Ive been playing more survivor and it just disgust me to see my team mates tbag and b toxic all game because they have all the crutch perks like BT,DS and stuff like this. It's just getting out of hand.

    On top of that, and yes, thats another topic, even playing solo survivor is not fun now. With the new rank system at least I didnt have to grind all the ranks again, but for what? Now that i'm rank 1 again, I get matched with 1-2 rank 15+ EVERY game. Whats the result of this? Well people stop soloQ(which I prefer) and start going SWF with coms, which is terrible for the game.

    Currently, the game is in one of the worst state it ever has been, and unless devs are starting to wake up and make some massive changes(map designs, gen speed, swf) it's just going to get worse and worse.

    I could make a list long like my arm of all the issues this game is facing currently but it wouldn't matter because the devs ignore everything that is linked to balance and prefer to be in another universe, as we've all seen in the last dev stream.

    Otzdarva made build on basement demo with make your choice, territorial (huntress perk for basement), looks good.

    Now am working on lvl my demo for these perks.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032469#Comment_1032469

    This is a fantastic example of why Ruin was needed. Found a survivor immediately, downed and hooked them quickly. Didn't matter, 2 gens are already done.

    but 5 gens stay up against ranks 21 if ruin is present!!!!!!11!

    how can they get invested into the game?!!?

  • @TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

    im playing killer, went from rank 15 (decayed) to rank 3, and only played doctor, used spies from the shadows (lvl 3), bbq (lvl 1), shadowborn (lvl 3) (i would switch this to light born if i saw 2 flashlights, considering the fact that almost 75 percent of the time, the first time they go to flashlight you at pallet, they sit there and waste so much time i get an ez down), and pop goes the weasel (only lvl 1), i was just trying to save up BP to prestige doc again so these were the perks i had, and i would usually use add ons that increased his static blast, and increased madness inflicted by static blast, usually yellow, but sometimes purple, and then i would prestige and usually have only the same perks. so ruin is not required, most killers just have used it as a crutch and need to learn how to apply alot of pressure without it.

    Exactly

  • @DanteMorello said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034499#Comment_1034499

    Amen. Old ruin was like training wheels for high ranks, but at the same time was destroying low ranks.

    It suck

  • Love these subjective non factual posts.

  • Another generic "Ruin nerf bad, Killer unplayable" post.

  • @Rasinbran said:

    Yeah well if people were seriously that dependent on ruin to be somewhat decent then good riddance.

    Youre pov is so narrow dude. The without ruin it doesnt MATTER how good u r. A killer can play near perfect and still have 3 gens pop in under 2 mins. Ruin was NOT a crutch it was a necessary way to slow down the already fast gens. Killers will just start turning to moris/bullshit even more.

  • im gonna have to disagree here.

    those killers are definitely playable, its just not easy to do.

    i wont deny that a slowdown, especially for early game, is needed though. lets see what devs come up with...

    (Rank 1 Trapper main)

  • I am a survivor main and I think ruin should be changed again but not to the original state

    I think it should work like this

    You start with 0 tokens Max:4

    Every time you hook a survivor the skill check success zone is regressed by 10/15/20%

    When a survivor misses the skill check there a 15/20/25% chance of the generator to get damaged and blocked off for 40/50/60 seconds

    The hex effect lasts as long the hex totem exists

  • There's still corrupt for killers like Trapper, Demo, and Hag.

    New Ruin only seems to work on stealth killers and Billy if paired with Surveillance. The only killers that are playable now would be like Huntress, Ghostface, and maybe Plague.

  • If I can still 4k with Clown at Red Ranks without Ruin then none of the killers are unplayable without Ruin.

    Get creative with your builds and punish survivors hard for any mistakes they make. I find running builds that actively counters anything survivors rely on works extremely well, for example Solvent Jug Clown effectively removes exhaustion perks from the match in most cases doubling down on clowns ability to end chases quickly. Some survivors don't know how to handle it.

    I also stopped running Ruin about 6 months ago though cause I had a feeling it would be revamped and I hate inconsistency so I started using builds that were more reliable *shrug*


  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034664#Comment_1034664

    Wow, bringing up camping again. Nice. Let me guess chasing one of the 2 survivors he clearly saw wasn't an option. Faking a Chase and doubling back wasn't an option. Spawn killing in FPS is probably "morally viable" in your opinion to, cause it's the"smart" way to win right?

    Guy, youve already proven on the other thread that you missed the point. It just keeps going over your head--I'm not sure that can be helped. If you are obsessed with the thought of me trying to showcase how to win ( regardless of these stupid fast gen speeds which IS THE POINT OF THIS VIDEO) then check out other youtube videos of mine or flat out watch the raw, uncut streams where I play the DbD. Itll be way more helpful for you than you intentionally deranking, being toxic and still not winning.

  • They can still rank back up easily....

    Also these same red rank potatoes will be matched against green rank killers, yellow rank killers, and grey rank killers because of MM

  • @Deezus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035684#Comment_1035684

    Guy, youve already proven on the other thread that you missed the point. It just keeps going over your head--I'm not sure that can be helped. If you are obsessed with the thought of me trying to showcase how to win ( regardless of these stupid fast gen speeds which IS THE POINT OF THIS VIDEO) then check out other youtube videos of mine or flat out watch the raw, uncut streams where I play the DbD. Itll be way more helpful for you than you intentionally deranking, being toxic and still not winning.

    No I didn't. I just called you out as a camper because that's what you did. Yea gens go fast, so you camped because it was "your only option". Clearly it wasn't.

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032469#Comment_1032469

    That actually helped see it. Seems right.

    Though in those very same 2 minutes he got 2 basement hooks

    Yeah but how often does a killer get 2 basement hooks that quickly?

  • @StingyJack said:

    I 100% agree, OP. I want my money back.

    I've had this game for several years and, honestly, if I would have known that it was going to turn into a survivor playground where a killer is just present but basically powerless, I would not have spent a penny.

    I've bought every DLC, both Rift passes and have gotten three friends to buy this game and I regret all of it and seriously feel like it's the duty of the Devs to just refund me for all of it. It was falsely advertised and it's been mishandled repeatedly.

    My survivor matches are over in like 4-5 minutes now and often I have minimal contact with the killer because they are too busy sweating their asses off trying to aPpLy PreSSuRe to actually do anything. My killer matches are almost guaranteed to be a bad time unless I play with one of three killers, which is boring AF and means I wasted my money on the rest of them.

    I want my money back.

    P.S. Dont listen to the people who are saying "Get Gud," they have likely never played killer in their life outside of yellow ranks, or just never at all, and have become entitled by all the privilege the devs have given them and their swf buddies.

    You got nearly 3 years of gametime out of it, you more than got your money's worth.

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032452#Comment_1032452

    That's still not 3 gens though

    I need someone to show me that, I have yet to see that happen to myself or any of the streamers I watch

    If you watched Farmer John yesterday he had a chase with a Spirit which admittedly wasn't the best, it was about a minute or so and THREE GENS WENT OFF LOL

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1036750#Comment_1036750

    No I didn't. I just called you out as a camper because that's what you did. Yea gens go fast, so you camped because it was "your only option". Clearly it wasn't.

    You keep doing it, lol. Just big ol whooshhes one after the other. I told you this already champ, those other options you suggested in this very specific situation were not only bad, but wrong as well. I have all sorts of options, I could leave, quit, let them escape--list goes on. Not all options are good ones and I picked the best one. For the last time, if you want to question my judgement on matches I've got loads of opportunities for you that will continue to prove your logic is flawed. Take one and learn something other than being someone who brags about being toxic.

  • @Deezus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1036949#Comment_1036949

    You keep doing it, lol. Just big ol whooshhes one after the other. I told you this already champ, those other options you suggested in this very specific situation were not only bad, but wrong as well. I have all sorts of options, I could leave, quit, let them escape--list goes on. Not all options are good ones and I picked the best one. For the last time, if you want to question my judgement on matches I've got loads of opportunities for you that will continue to prove your logic is flawed. Take one and learn something other than being someone who brags about being toxic.

    Dude, just own up to it. You think camping is necessary to win.

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1037571#Comment_1037571

    Dude, just own up to it. You think camping is necessary to win.

    I already spelt out everything for you. You chose not to read it. Its just a tip but a big tip you should take: go read it.

  • @Deezus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1037748#Comment_1037748

    I already spelt out everything for you. You chose not to read it. Its just a tip but a big tip you should take: go read it.

    It's sad you can't own up to your gameplay.

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032452#Comment_1032452

    That's still not 3 gens though

    I need someone to show me that, I have yet to see that happen to myself or any of the streamers I watch

    Tru3 Talent has a few videos of 4 minute matches.

    Statistically speaking, it takes 80 seconds to complete a gen with 1 survivor hitting no greats. Survivors all spawn near generators, and assuming they all spawned at different gens, they all start 2 or 3 seconds into the match. The killer then has to find 1 survivor out of 7 possible gens, probably 6 tho if the killer spawned near one. So from that moment, they have to find a survivor, chase them, down them, hook them, and get to a gen to stop a survivor all within 80 seconds. If they don't find another survivor in this time, 3 gens popped 85 seconds in. Without counting toolboxes, or great skill checks. It usually would have 2 or more spawn on 1 gen, but it could be all 4 are spread out, or they chose to spread out after it started, putting a 10 second delay on the 3rd gen. This is also assuming the survivor kept the killer away from the other survivors during this time, so they can work safely. This is far easier with bond, SWF, or even a smart survivor trying to stay away from any gens. This obviously doesn't happen often, but it is an example. Usually there will be 2 on 1 gen, getting 1 done faster, but less total gens done. And toolboxes and great skill checks are quite common, making gens even faster. This is obviously worst case senario, but some groups of SWF at red ranks understand this fact, and will hardcore push this, so it can happen.

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124017/recent-ruin-nerfs-made-70-of-the-killers-unplayeable-rank-system-broken

    I'm going to tell you a secret: old ruin in the red ranks never lasted for more than a minute, and most of the times it only lasted for 30 seconds

    And so I wanna ask you: how could a minute buy you enough time to go from a 1k to a 4k?

    Also another secret: there's a perk called corrupt intervention which is 10 times better than ruin, I use it myself with the killers that you say are "unplayable without ruin"😉

    Ps. If you think the game is in one of the worst states it has ever been in then let me tell ya: you know nothing, Jon Snow. You should definitely go check a couple of 2016 dbd gameplays and then come back bud.

    That 1 minute did buy quite a bit of time, and I'd say it was often worth it. However, the killers that really needed it, like trapper and Hag, could easily protect it, making it worth it. Then sometimes you just got lucky, and rode a 4K with 5 gens because they couldn't find the totem, but wouldn't stop looking. Corrupt intervention is good, but not 10X better. It's never brought me any disadvantage as a survivor, and sometimes people are stupid enough to bring it with a totem perk, and i end up finding their totem instead of doing a gen. It's more of an opinion, but i don't like a perk that i will only get 2 minutes of use out of, that only pushes survivors into a smaller play area, assuming they don't just hide and wait it out. Ruin could at least be protected and last as long as you needed it to. As i said before, the better killers didn't really need it, just the ones like trapper, myers, hag, oni, demo i guess, who specifically needed the early game, even for a minute, to get their power into effect.

  • Ok I'm guessing you are either trolling at this point, or are just straight up bitter guy. Either way I'm done humoring you. My gameplay is out there for you to see champ,; never a secret. I own it every time I broadcast it.

  • @Deezus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1037882#Comment_1037882

    Ok I'm guessing you are either trolling at this point, or are just straight up bitter guy. Either way I'm done humoring you. My gameplay is out there for you to see champ,; never a secret. I own it every time I broadcast it.

    Come watch you camp and support your steam at the same time? I'm not a potato sir. And owning it, would be admitting you camp but you don't do your not really owning it. Your passing blame to something that other, better players work around. It's like a kid, in elementary school, saying "I kicked Johnny cause Johnny called me a name."

    Thanks for recognizing a real champ btw.

  • @Jacksansyboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034704#Comment_1034704

    That 1 minute did buy quite a bit of time, and I'd say it was often worth it. However, the killers that really needed it, like trapper and Hag, could easily protect it, making it worth it. Then sometimes you just got lucky, and rode a 4K with 5 gens because they couldn't find the totem, but wouldn't stop looking. Corrupt intervention is good, but not 10X better. It's never brought me any disadvantage as a survivor, and sometimes people are stupid enough to bring it with a totem perk, and i end up finding their totem instead of doing a gen. It's more of an opinion, but i don't like a perk that i will only get 2 minutes of use out of, that only pushes survivors into a smaller play area, assuming they don't just hide and wait it out. Ruin could at least be protected and last as long as you needed it to. As i said before, the better killers didn't really need it, just the ones like trapper, myers, hag, oni, demo i guess, who specifically needed the early game, even for a minute, to get their power into effect.

    Ruin usually wouldn't even give you one minute though, that's why in my opinion corrupt is 10 times better lol my whole point is ruin was not the problem, the problem is the speed at which survivors repair gens.

    In rank 1 there was usually no time to protect your totems because survivors would either waste your time by disarming your trap, hiding and then repeating the same thing again and again (I always did that against the trapper and it was hilarious) or they would just work with ruin still up because they were able to hit the hex skill checks (that was me too lol). Ruin tremendously affected not so experienced survivors and potatoes and it completely fked them, but for experienced survivors such as me ruin wasn't really powerful and it didn't affect me at all. That's why I'm saying that the problem was not ruin, it's the speed at which survivors are able to repair gens.

  • 2/5 of the gens being done is NOT 2/5 of the survivors objective because not only is there an exit gate and actually escaping after but the less gens left the much harder they are to do as it's alot easier to pressure 3 as opposed to 8

  • I really don't see that. It is true, the games are a lot faster, but that isn't a issue. And as killer you get a game in 20seconds lobby. Thats lovely.


    I'm a survivor main but since the new archieves i was playing around 30 games of killers (Trapper, Wraith, Doctor, Myers, Legion, Clown, Freddy, Oni and Pig. With the new ruin or not, i did't loose any game. And i don't see rank 4 being that different from 1. The survivors were not getting put without me giving away the hatch. And i am not a good killer at all. A bit over average but never camp, trying to never put the same person again on the hook.

    The ideea is: I like the new ruin from booth sides

  • @OperationMintyHippo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033415#Comment_1033415

    A lot of that is thanks to playing as a Spirit though. If they were any low mobility/non stealth killer then they wouldn't have gotten that good of a start.

    Hardly used his power tho lol

  • @amarakay95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033415#Comment_1033415

    Yeah but how often does a killer get 2 basement hooks that quickly?

    I can't give you a number but it can happen quite more with IG and Agitation

  • @memiieko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032460#Comment_1032460

    If you watched Farmer John yesterday he had a chase with a Spirit which admittedly wasn't the best, it was about a minute or so and THREE GENS WENT OFF LOL

    I actually just had a game on console as solo and this not so good spirit Rage quitted after committing to me for too long and only managed 1 hit, 3 gens popped lmao

  • @Jacksansyboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032460#Comment_1032460

    Tru3 Talent has a few videos of 4 minute matches.

    Statistically speaking, it takes 80 seconds to complete a gen with 1 survivor hitting no greats. Survivors all spawn near generators, and assuming they all spawned at different gens, they all start 2 or 3 seconds into the match. The killer then has to find 1 survivor out of 7 possible gens, probably 6 tho if the killer spawned near one. So from that moment, they have to find a survivor, chase them, down them, hook them, and get to a gen to stop a survivor all within 80 seconds. If they don't find another survivor in this time, 3 gens popped 85 seconds in. Without counting toolboxes, or great skill checks. It usually would have 2 or more spawn on 1 gen, but it could be all 4 are spread out, or they chose to spread out after it started, putting a 10 second delay on the 3rd gen. This is also assuming the survivor kept the killer away from the other survivors during this time, so they can work safely. This is far easier with bond, SWF, or even a smart survivor trying to stay away from any gens. This obviously doesn't happen often, but it is an example. Usually there will be 2 on 1 gen, getting 1 done faster, but less total gens done. And toolboxes and great skill checks are quite common, making gens even faster. This is obviously worst case senario, but some groups of SWF at red ranks understand this fact, and will hardcore push this, so it can happen.

    As someone said, survivors will have the most momentum at the start of a match.

  • TLDR, unplayable if your goal is 4king sure, if you are ok with 1 - 2k then all are still fine

  • @Zamblot said:

    2/5 of the gens being done is NOT 2/5 of the survivors objective because not only is there an exit gate and actually escaping after but the less gens left the much harder they are to do as it's alot easier to pressure 3 as opposed to 8

    There's only 7 gens on the map. Exit gates hardly take any time at all since the end game collapse change. Though the do often spawn on the same walls, it isn't always a guarantee. But there's four survivors... doors aren't hard to do lol. They literally require zero effort. It's incredibly difficult to defend the last 3 gens for many killers, especially against a partway decent swf. That's not even mentioning what map you're on. Some maps, not so rough (suffocation pit and you got lucky they 3 gen themselves onto one half) or you could get temple of purgation with a gen in shack and then one other one in opposite corner and one in the building basement.

    And I'm a survivor main. Survivor is not hard. Ruin nerf has made it boring even.

1 2 3