noed is killing this game

dbd is losing more and more players compared to 2018. and i think noed is at fault.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • 2 noed posts in 1 page? nice

  • @jeyers said:

    dbd is losing more and more players compared to 2018. and i think noed is at fault.

    Please explain how noed is killing dbd.

  • No, it's just helping killers kill survivors who fail to complete their secondary objective.

  • Yet Noed's been around since the start and the game's only grown, pretty sure it's something else if the game's losing players

    IMG_20190813_211031.jpg


  • Laughs in bugs, core mechanics, and balance issues

  • @jeyers said:

    dbd is losing more and more players compared to 2018. and i think noed is at fault.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHC1230OpOg


  • Just do totems. Though there probably should be a totem counter in general and there absolutely should be one included in small game.

  • @Orion said:

    No, it's just helping killers kill survivors who fail to complete their secondary objective.

    Having a secondary objective a 50/50 sounds ridiculous, it's punishing survivors for doing their only objective.


    For what it's worth though, they wont nerf NOED because so many players rely on it because the camp and then "gen rush" ensues and they guarantee themselves their two kills that way.

  • Man....leave the horse alone, it's already dead and beating it won't make it any deader.

  • @Orion said:

    No, it's just helping killers kill survivors who fail to complete their secondary objective.

    As solo survivor you have pretty much no control about that "secondary objective". Unless you want to be that useless team mate who runs around the map for 3 minutes to check all 5 totems beeing destroyed... While his team gets slaughtered in the background and at the end you notice the killer didn't even had noed... *suprise pikachu*

  • DbD needs you to git gud.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633835#Comment_633835

    Having a secondary objective a 50/50 sounds ridiculous, it's punishing survivors for doing their only objective.

    You know what I do agree that you shouldn't have to cleanse totems for the 50/50 chance. We should make NOED baseline for not doing totems and rework noed! As we seen above Noed has been around for awhile and player counts have risen since.

  • 1510096126_whensurvivorsflameyou (1).png

    Get good instead of whining. Noed is balanced. Do bones

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633847#Comment_633847

    You know what I do agree that you shouldn't have to cleanse totems for the 50/50 chance. We should make NOED baseline for not doing totems and rework noed! As we seen above Noed has been around for awhile and player counts have risen since.

    Go ahead and make NOED baseline, at this point the forum killers need as much help as they can get.

  • You're just mad you got caught t-bagging at the exit gates aren't you

  • You know one of the most reliable counters to NOED is leaving one or multiple totems that spawned in an open field up


    That way if NOED does proc there's a very high chance that it will be that specific totem it spawns on


    Too often survivors will make sure to do every single totem that spawned in an open field, and then suffer because NOED spawned on the one remaining totem that was hidden in a bush at the corner of a map

  • @DaS_only said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633835#Comment_633835

    As solo survivor you have pretty much no control about that "secondary objective". Unless you want to be that useless team mate who runs around the map for 3 minutes to check all 5 totems beeing destroyed... While his team gets slaughtered in the background and at the end you notice the killer didn't even had noed... *suprise pikachu*

    Nonsense. Even as a solo i can manage to do all totems and still get gens done. It's harder sure, but there has never been a time where i have felt I have "No Control" over NOED.

    Okay so accounting for all totems might be difficult, but even then, 9 times out of ten, the killer is hunting down exposed survivors rather than protecting a newly lit totem which usually be located.

    Does it make the endgame harder? Sure. But it's only out of your hands if you allow it to be.

    I bring maps with killer item addons, mostly because totems are utilised in about 60% of my matches, small game too sometimes, which can be handy for other killers with traps such as trapper, freddy and hag.

    I'd agree if it had no counter, but it has several different ways in which it can be countered.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633857#Comment_633857

    Go ahead and make NOED baseline, at this point the forum killers need as much help as they can get.

    @SenzuDuck although, I am not one of those it was just a bit of sarcasm. However, I do think both sides have arguable balance issues that really should be resolved. Game times not gen times for killers and Survivors not having anything else but M1 and Loopdy Loop pallets. While also not being able to really get much out of stealth/being tunneled.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633852#Comment_633852

    Nonsense. Even as a solo i can manage to do all totems and still get gens done. It's harder sure, but there has never been a time where i have felt I have "No Control" over NOED.

    Okay so accounting for all totems might be difficult, but even then, 9 times out of ten, the killer is hunting down exposed survivors rather than protecting a newly lit totem which usually be located.

    Does it make the endgame harder? Sure. But it's only out of your hands if you allow it to be.

    I bring maps with killer item addons, mostly because totems are utilised in about 60% of my matches, small game too sometimes, which can be handy for other killers with traps such as trapper, freddy and hag.

    I'd agree if it had no counter, but it has several different ways in which it can be countered.

    Seems like you are a built in 4 men swf player, you hero lol

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633860#Comment_633860

    @SenzuDuck although, I am not one of those it was just a bit of sarcasm. However, I do think both sides have arguable balance issues that really should be resolved. Game times not gen times for killers and Survivors not having anything else but M1 and Loopdy Loop pallets. While also not being able to really get much out of stealth/being tunneled.

    As far as NOED goes I don't particularly have an issue but it does reward campers very nicely, which we all are aware devs have tried to discourage.

    If a killer camps, all the killers say "just do gens then", so survivors just get the gens done, survivor dies on hook, killer gets himself a free down at the end, that's my issue with noed.

  • @DaS_only said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633865#Comment_633865

    Seems like you are a built in 4 men swf player, you hero lol

    Nope, i just decided to work around the problem since totems are a part of the game.

  • It's not dying. Buddy

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633869#Comment_633869

    As far as NOED goes I don't particularly have an issue but it does reward campers very nicely, which we all are aware devs have tried to discourage.

    If a killer camps, all the killers say "just do gens then", so survivors just get the gens done, survivor dies on hook, killer gets himself a free down at the end, that's my issue with noed.

    Thoughts on this?

    @Jdsgames said:

    General Mechanic

    Many people have taken to asking for this to be an automatic phase. This kinda takes the 'struggle' out of struggle. I suggest a new idea I had posted in a previous thread. Essentially it will be tied down to skill checks. One every 5 seconds.

    Hitting the skill check keeps you alive. Missing two skill checks in a row will lead to instant sacrifice. Missing a skill check will reduce your bar by 5 seconds. You are losing the struggle between you and the entity. Slipping up is essentially losing to the entity while the key-bind suggestion below is your suicide option.

    Great skill checks add 2 1.25 seconds to your bar. If you are great at hitting great skill checks this will increase your timer by a few seconds. This can be a clutch aid in which killers are camping or your team is just needing a bit more time to get to you.

    Blood Point: Struggling on the hook generates Struggle BP. Hitting great skill checks award bonus struggle points for the survivor. Failing to hit a skill check will punish your unbroken emblem.

    As @Atrushan88 and @Peanits suggested there should still be a way to suicide on the hook. I suggest an activator button like dead-hard. This gives you the option to just let go and accept your fate. While missing two skill checks is more like losing the battle to the entity. Again pleases both natures of the game.

    Skill Check and Perk Effect Changers:

    Huntress Lullaby: Yes should affect these skill checks. Makes nabbing that totem slightly more important. It would also keep you on your toes if you were hooked and it has five stacks.

    Unnerving Presence: Would severely be abused by campers if this was implemented. I can understand maybe a bonus slight reduction to these types of skill checks. Otherwise this should not affect these skill checks.

    Deliverance: If you were not able to use it on your first hook state: You can hit a designated button like dead hard. This will cause you to have to succeed 3 difficult skill checks (BNP/DS skill checks) in rapid succession. These skill checks pause your struggle timer and do not count towards losing the battle to the entity. If you hit all three skill checks you are able to get off the hook.This gives you a second chance of being able to use Deliverance... However, you have to work for it. These skill checks will not cause an instant death for missing them.

    Spine Chill: Can reduce the frequency of skill checks down to 4.75/4.5/4.25. This would allow you to have more chances to extend your struggle phase. Anything other than the slightest of reduction of these skill checks would be too powerful.

    This is Not Happening: Yes it would make the skill check areas bigger. The perk is weak as is so it doesn't make this a terrible change.

    Stakeout: Punishes camping and that is alright. The perk is weak as is so it doesn't make this a terrible change.

    Doctor Madness: I would have to test to see if this is a fair mechanic. This mechanic is to be a detriment to campers not hinder survivors. However, at the same time counter-weighted by bad-skill-check plays.

    Animation Changes:

    Suggestion from @Boss and expanded on.

    Great Skill Check:

    - This will have the entity attempt to stab the survivor and by swift luck they are able to dodge it. Letting them live just a little while longer.

    Good Skill Check:

    - Can stay the same as is. The concept is the survivor is just barely scraping by fending the entity off. Slowly they are weakening and the entity is just waiting for it.

    Missing a Skillcheck:

    - The entity goes for a quick jab inward letting the survivor know their death is getting closer another slip up and it is over. Practically just a fraction away from piercing them and completing the sacrifice. This animation will revert if the survivor succeeds the next skill check. (Shows the struggle in an animated way)

    If the Deliverance Perk bonus I suggested above is implemented:

    - The survivor will unhook themselves. However, during this the entity attempts to take a quick jab inward to complete the sacrifice and the survivor knocks it away just barely.

    Unhooking by the Survivor:

    - As the unhooked survivor starts to drop to the ground the entity stabs the hook right above there head as they land. Showing the next hook will be their last.

    Point Scoring:

    Skill checks reward objective points for hitting. It is your objective to stay alive, do gens, and get out. However, the longer you struggle for the more struggle points you gain. If you extend your life by hitting these great skill checks you naturally gain more struggle and objective points.

    Benefits
    • This mechanic saves your keys lifetime. No more button mashing/macro spam space.
    • This mechanic does not really impede either side's game-play. It is mainly a QOL change.
    • This mechanic is no longer 'rapidly tap space' a meaningless duty.
    • You wouldn't die from lag spikes unless they were so severe that lasted 10 seconds in a clip.
    • Adds depth to the game during the struggle phase.
    • Punishes camping killers
    • Natural buffs to other perks that are not in meta.

    It rewards staying on the hook. Although, yes I have had a few of those games and I understand what you mean. However, we are in a state of balance that making games longer benefits tunneling and camping more. However, the games current balance makes playing fair ######### as well.

  • @snowflake102 said:

    It's not dying. Buddy

    compared to previous year dbd it is going downhill. now why do u think that is

  • Hurr durr I didnt want to do bones and now fane is dying. Dude just do totems and noed is literally useless like holy cow can people be any more entitled.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633877#Comment_633877

    Thoughts on this?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/75666/struggle-phase-revamped

    It rewards staying on the hook. Although, yes I have had a few of those games and I understand what you mean. However, we are in a state of balance that making games longer benefits tunneling and camping more. However, the games current balance makes playing fair ######### as well.

    I'm not ignoring you but I have work and I'm getting ready for it so I'll rad it later.

  • @jeyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633879#Comment_633879

    compared to previous year dbd it is going downhill. now why do u think that is

    I been playing since 2016 buddy. And I tell you yea they lost some players but you got to know school is going to start soon. And this game goes up and down with players same with other games

  • Also what year did you start playing now?

  • A0E51033-CF5C-48E0-85BD-F903552E1423.png

    Noed has an easy counter, it is time to stop with these noed threads.

  • Almost every post on this forum about noed

    Survivor: noEd is a bad perk that is killing this game. It needs to be reworked or removed.

    Literally everyone else : oh man I'm sorry just do the totems.

    Survivor: no I wanna be mad

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/820/R9Z0LJQLBFJV.png

    Noed has an easy counter, it is time to stop with these noed threads.

    It has multiple easy counters

    Unless you group them all as "Git gud" in which case yes, it is one

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633905#Comment_633905

    It has multiple easy counters

    Unless you group them all as "Git gud" in which case yes, it is one

    It does have multiple counters, the “Git Gud” is because I’m done listing the counters.

  • This thread blew up fast

    (・_・;)

  • @snowflake102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633891#Comment_633891

    I been playing since 2016 buddy. And I tell you yea they lost some players but you got to know school is going to start soon. And this game goes up and down with players same with other games

    It keept going down even when ppl were not on school though so ppl returning wouldnt matter much.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/820/R9Z0LJQLBFJV.png

    Noed has an easy counter, it is time to stop with these noed threads.

    Ikr:D

  • @venom12784 said:

    Almost every post on this forum about noed

    Survivor: noEd is a bad perk that is killing this game. It needs to be reworked or removed.

    Literally everyone else : oh man I'm sorry just do the totems.

    Survivor: no I wanna be mad

    Lol:) I know threads like these are getting old

  • @BlueFang said:

    You know one of the most reliable counters to NOED is leaving one or multiple totems that spawned in an open field up

    That way if NOED does proc there's a very high chance that it will be that specific totem it spawns on

    Too often survivors will make sure to do every single totem that spawned in an open field, and then suffer because NOED spawned on the one remaining totem that was hidden in a bush at the corner of a map

    You know I hadn't considered that. Thanks dude. I guess that's another one I can add to the list of counters! No totem shall be safe!

    *Shuffles around with map in hand, humming the mission impossible theme*

  • @jeyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633897#Comment_633897

    It keept going down even when ppl were not on school though so ppl returning wouldnt matter much.

    I wouldn't worry about it:) Also when did you start playing? What month 2019?

  • @jeyers I said the same thing when I joined the game:)

  • Survivors will rather spend 4 minutes running around stuff like robots, than looking for their less than 20 secs and 1000 bps / a piece scondary objective.

    Because it's fun.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    This thread blew up fast

    (・_・;)

    I wish it would die faster than a Dwight with...NoEd...up...

    Sorry, Dwight. 😅

  • I understand noed is annoying, but its not the most important problem in the game, its not really that big of a problem. I would say bigger and more important problems are:

    1. Atrocious waiting times and lobbies. (Getting fixed, supposedly)
    2. Peer to peer system (Getting fixed, supposedly)
    3. Lack of playing diversity. Other ways to play the game.
    4. Balancing issues.
    5. B U G S.
  • Noed is a useless perk for gen greedy survivors. I do totems first and if my teammates can't survive long enough to finish gens themselves that's on them for lack of skill.

  • @Locker_Monster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633912#Comment_633912

    I wish it would die faster than a Dwight with...NoEd...up...

    Sorry, Dwight. 😅

    I'm sending 20 locker warriors after ya now >:v

  • g0gx5n6p8o201.png

    This feels appropriate here.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633888#Comment_633888

    I'm not ignoring you but I have work and I'm getting ready for it so I'll rad it later.

    Gotcha

‹ 1 2