noed is killing this game

dbd is losing more and more players compared to 2018. and i think noed is at fault.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • NOED is in the best state it's ever been in quite frankly, when the game was first released every match had the old NOED & Bitter Murmur combo to which there was no counter - as there was nothing you could do about NOED and Bitter Murmur used to show the survivors aura's after the last gen had popped. Then it got put onto a timer, so Survivors still had to deal with a 2 minute NOED without any counter.

    Right now, you have the ability as a survivor to make sure that NOED is not even a factor in your game, just get the totems cleansed. It's strange how every match I'm in, there's no NOED at the end of the match, because I've done all the totems - I like the BP :)

    NOED is very counterable in it's current state!

  • @jeyers said:

    dbd is losing more and more players compared to 2018. and i think noed is at fault.

    Are you serously ? NOED IS KILLING THE GAME? ok but things like genrush, instaheals,keys or moris (that are stronger then noed. Noed is easy too counter) are not the problem?

  • Don'tget me wrong I hate NOED too and get extremely annoyed when I die because of NOED. But once I calm down I realize it's not as bad as I think it is at that moment because all you have to do is find the totem. Plus it's usually only players that aren't great at applying pressure that use it. They know the gens will go by quick so it's basically a punishment to those who genrush hella hard.

    Also, it's definitely not NOED that's killing the game. I can write an entire book on the list of poor game mechanics and game breaking bugs that are killing it. I've personally taken multiple breaks that were 1+ months simply because of bad game mechanics or bugs that the devs don't know how to balance or fix, or take too long to do so. Not once have I ever gone "I'm fine with this game, NOED ruined it." I could just as easily blame some survivor perks, or even SWF.

  • If you want to complain about something complan about dcs

  • No one but mediocre players talk about NOED. It's a garbage perk only used by garbage killers who can't get a kill without it. They just hope no one pops their totems.

  • @Just_Playing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/81626/noed-is-killing-this-game

    Are you serously ? NOED IS KILLING THE GAME? ok but things like genrush, instaheals,keys or moris (that are stronger then noed. Noed is easy too counter) are not the problem?

    Yes.

    100% NOED is detrimental to the health of the game.

  • @jeyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/634239#Comment_634239

    Yes.

    100% NOED is detrimental to the health of the game.

    Now I know this is a joke.

    I won't believe otherwise.

  • @jeyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633879#Comment_633879

    compared to previous year dbd it is going downhill. now why do u think that is

    Because survivors have flashlights, 20 palettes, adrenaline, DS, dead hard, sprint burst, balanced landing, borrowed time, mettle of man, and what else to make a killer's job even dumber when hexes are worthless by just 1 half competent snot?

  • Yes, this perk alone is single-handedly killing the game.


    Very convincing argument you have there.

  • NOED was the same in 2018. There is no reason why it would only just now be killing the game.

  • I think NOED should stay as long as map design is still an issue.

  • Small game is a great perk once you learn how to use it effeciently. Its harder to use on the game map because of the 2 levels but i use it every game for totems/hex totems and its awesome against the trapper and the hag.

  • @Atsuka_Anarchy said:

    No one but mediocre players talk about NOED. It's a garbage perk only used by garbage killers who can't get a kill without it. They just hope no one pops their totems.

    that's nonsense. i had already had situations where i closed the hatch and the last healthy survivor could open the gate but still died because i had noed. or after I closed the hatch and the last survivor with a key made fun of me because he thought it was an easy win and bams he lay on the floor. Noed is not just for people who camp or cant kill anyone

  • No.

    NoEd has been around since Day 1.

    It is not what's causing any kind of exodus of players. (which I do not see to be honest number of people playing is still within expectations)

  • @jeyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633879#Comment_633879

    compared to previous year dbd it is going downhill. now why do u think that is

    That's just your perception. The actual steam stats of number of people playing disagree with your thesis.

    https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

  • No.

    Plenty of ways to avoid it. Don't be a potato.

  • @Mochan said:

    No.

    NoEd has been around since Day 1.

    It is not what's causing any kind of exodus of players. (which I do not see to be honest number of people playing is still within expectations)

    (expectations)

    You said so yourself, there is an exodus going on. 2018 was a better year overall so far. And my theory is noed is to blame.

  • @jeyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/634465#Comment_634465

    (expectations)

    You said so yourself, there is an exodus going on. 2018 was a better year overall so far. And my theory is noed is to blame.

    You can think this.

    I mean, there's 0 proof, but people also think the Earth is flat, so there ya go.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633869#Comment_633869

    As far as NOED goes I don't particularly have an issue but it does reward campers very nicely, which we all are aware devs have tried to discourage.

    If a killer camps, all the killers say "just do gens then", so survivors just get the gens done, survivor dies on hook, killer gets himself a free down at the end, that's my issue with noed.

    Personally I think noed works far better for non campers (especially with the emblem system that will harshly punish the silly billy who stands in front of their first hook) but I get what you're saying. It can garuntee a second kill if they actually manage to down someone with it, but in my experience most campers run a killer that already has an insta down baseline (whether or not they know how to use it)

    To explain my first point. If you don't camp and you have multiple dead by the end game, noed can make sure a 3 k turns into a 4k or a 2k into a 3k.

1 2 ›