So... when is the anti-tunnel and anti-slug measures BHVR promised is coming in...?

Getting pretty exhausting having to deal with certain killers tunneling or slugging, and I'm finding them WAY too often.

I get that it's a supposed 'strat', but at the end of the day it gets tiring with having to deal with it constantly.

It's to the point that I'd rather wait for 2v8 to come out and play that 24/7. That was the only mode enjoyable for both sides imo.

Comments

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4010894#Comment_4010894

    Great, so if it is balanced around casual players, then where are my nurse buffs? Why are we crying about ghoul and blight and nurse needing nerfs?

    • Ghoul's kill rate is 58%
    • Blights kill rate is 57%
    • Nurses kill rate is 50%

    Devs balance for a 60% kill rate. So these 3 killers are fine. Actually nurse needs some buffs.

    You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. If you balance DBD around casual players you MUST BY DEFINITION contend with the fact that the majority of "top tier" killers that everyone complains about that needs nerfs are actually fine, and might even need buffs.

    Are you using Nightlight as per usual? Stop lmao, casual players don't upload their stats

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4010894#Comment_4010894

    Great, so if it is balanced around casual players, then where are my nurse buffs? Why are we crying about ghoul and blight and nurse needing nerfs?

    • Ghoul's kill rate is 58%
    • Blights kill rate is 57%
    • Nurses kill rate is 50%

    Devs balance for a 60% kill rate. So these 3 killers are fine. Actually nurse needs some buffs.

    You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. If you balance DBD around casual players you MUST BY DEFINITION contend with the fact that the majority of "top tier" killers that everyone complains about that needs nerfs are actually fine, and might even need buffs.

    So all of those killrates are still better than they should be despite nurse. Or do you still want to pretend that this game should be a killer fantasy simulator?

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013354#Comment_4013354

    Are you using Nightlight as per usual? Stop lmao, casual players don't upload their stats

    On top of that, Nightlight has been counting abandons as escapes.

    And BHVR stats ignore games with DCs.

    So it's really nice that all the stat tracking we have comes with massive caveats to make it grossly unreliable.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013027#Comment_4013027

    An example of number 1 is stealth. Some people want a lot of stealth, some want little to none and instead a chase focused game. Neither desire is right or wrong, they are just different games.

    That's reasonable, I suppose thats the crux of my personal philosophy for DBD lies. With 40 different killers in the game, you'd expect 40 different sets of strengths and weakness, and thus playstyles that require different approaches... the main point of my contention with the anti-tunnel changes is, what do we want killer design to look like? Do we want killers with unique strengths and abilities, like we used to have for old DBD? Or do we want every killer to have the same cookie cutter template like modern DBD? To take you're next point:

    That's kind of where we are with anti-tunnel. Make it impossible (relatively easy to brute force in)? Make it harder (relatively easy again, just more basekit off of hook)? Make it a possibility, but less attractive (hard and seemingly what BHVR was trying to do)? If players disagree on that getting to the implementation question is going to mean they are talking past each other.

    I think you're spot on, but I think there is still an issue with killer strength skewing the conversation, because for an m1 killer, those punishments are so harsh, they to me sit in the "Make it impossible" band for m1 killers. It's much more palletable as a "make it a possibility, but less attractive" if you're a top tier killer like Kaneki, Krasue, Blight, Wesker, Spirit, etc... However you can't afford penalties like that as a lower tier killer, where you often have to just take whatever you can get. If I get a player off hook be the one to trigger my trap and their unhooker doesn't come back to help them for me to m1... what do I do here? This isn't a strength issue... it's a concept issue. It's especially a problem when Survivor's can force your hand, such as getting unhooked and hovering near your totem or a nearly complete centeal gen, or sabotaging a hook, or baiting a Decisive Strike... I have to leave and let them do what they want off hook, or I have to eat a penalty... this again is conceptually a problem.

    What I'm more arguing about it, is how do you impose such a hard set of rules, without placing a severe restriction on the designs of your killers? The answer is, you can't... Tunneling should not be the optimal strategy irrespective of the killer you play, that's an idea I can get behind... however in the same breathe, trying to impose such a hard set of rules to make it basically impossible to do regardles of context, inevitably is going to be incompatible with killers that deviate away from the enforced playstyle that the strongest killers are having those rules imposed for... m1 killers get stuffed by these changes even when not tunneling.

    1: Balance is not the be all, end all, though it is really important. //...

    2: BHVR's 60% KR doesn't add a lot of wiggle room on the overpowered side. //...

    3: Hypothetically, they could address this by giving lower MMR monsters stronger high level addons than they do other killers. //...

    I have no issue with your points here, they are all sound, however they do all feed back into my points above...

    Even without the tunnel changes in place, you ask anyone what a killer needs for modern DBD, and the answer every time is they need mobility to keep up with the pace of the game... and thus becomes EVEN MORE important if severe tunnel penalties is a thing. This need to have this cookie cutter killer set of baseline abilities is already a problem now, and it's why every killer released over the last year all have some baked in mobility ability... can you imagine how much worse this issue gets if the afformentioned tunnel changes came in?

    I play Pig, Trapper, Hag, Bubba, and there are a myriad of other off meta killers like Sadako, Pinhead, Skull Merchant 2.0, Artist, etc, that I enjoy because they offer something different to the fast paced norm of modern DBD, a more tactile element of the game that faster and stronger and killers don't have to pay attention to as much. I want to stress, I don't tunnel or camp (unless I have literally no other sensible options), and I often take lumps for doing so, but that's the area of the game I find the most interesting, where I gave to pay attention to what is going on in the trial.

    I have wondered for a while if its fine to have weaker killers that dont scale vs. good survivors, as lowbies need to have killers to face too, and having killers deliberatey weak/strong to combat in particular hemispheres seems not.necessaroly a bad thing....

    However the big concern I have though, is these killers often already have an uphill battle, even if you go balls to the wall meta and hard tunnelling... but when not tunneling, it's quite challenging handling the stark weaknesses these killers have... and it's why I ask the question above, how do you buff these killers in this new world order? They are fundamentally incompatible trying to play a game ruleset optimised for Blight, Kaneki, Spirit, Wraith, Wesker, etc... you would either have to make them all faster, or you would have to make them all very obnoxious, otherwise it's just pointless trying to play them... why put any time into a trying to fit a square peg in a round hole?

    So instead of such a hard ruleset... I felt a more conservative approach that isn't such a hard ball slap is a better approach... because I honestly can't see how satisfying the condition of making a killer fun and fair can happen, when you're trying to insert changes that force a "fair Blight chase gameplay style", on a killer like Pig, without making Pig not Pig anymore... it just can't work that I can see…

    Do we want killers with unique strengths and abilities, like we used to have for old DBD? Or do we want every killer to have the same cookie cutter template like modern DBD?

    We is always tough to get at, but I'd opt for more uniqueness, though I think that poses a lot of concerns.

    1: One of the killer strengths, though less relevant to those of us who are involved with DbD in one form or another every day, is just survivors being uncertain of their powers. Twins is so rare that when I hear the telltale noises my brain takes a moment to remember what I'm facing.

    For a wide range of the playerbase, this gives the killers an advantage where survivors lose critical time early going 'okay, I'm facing X, I should be doing Y'.

    At a certain point though you get to a level where survivors have mapped out plans for every possible killer. Designing the game only around this extreme would be disastous for reasons we've both mentioned. So BHVR/we have a choice, unique killers with the idea that not all of them will hold up, or stay to a few proven categories (i.e. the quickly becoming hated 'dash slop') that can be more consistently balanced across all MMRs.

    2: A related point is that some killer are what I think of as puzzle or gimmick killers. That being there is something about their playstyle that survivors need to figure out. Xeno is a good example - once the survivors figure out how to use the turrets they are going to have a pretty big advantage. I think that is inevitable to a degree, If after the survivors figured out the killer's gimmick the game was then a 50/50, it would be so incredibly lopsided before that as to break down.

    Pig has been mentioned so let's look at her. Deploying a head trap poses roughly an equal challenge whether it is deployed by an average player or the best Pig in the world. There's a few minor differences, but largely this game element in the survivors hands. They control how well its played around, i.e. the pros and cons on getting it off or just focusing on gens. I think that's just a part of asyms, some game elements will take one sides skill far more into account than the other.

    -

    So I'm all for unique killers, but I recognize that some designs are inevitably going to trap certain killers in the weaker tiers. I'm okay with that (though I'll get back to the way it can be dealt with a little later), but I don't know about the overall community.

    Even without the tunnel changes in place, you ask anyone what a killer needs for modern DBD, and the answer every time is they need mobility to keep up with the pace of the game...

    Part of my disagreements with the response to the anti-tunnel changes, is that any change is always going to hit the weakest killers the hardest. New strong survivor perk, more pallets, base kit mechanics, etc. Even when we get pro-killer sided changes, say smaller maps, those will benefit the stronger killers more than the weaker killers.

    And as a live service game BHVR will keep making changes, so its always going to be an issue.

    I felt a more conservative approach that isn't such a hard ball slap is a better approach... because I honestly can't see how satisfying the condition of making a killer fun and fair can happen, when you're trying to insert changes that force a "fair Blight chase gameplay style", on a killer like Pig, without making Pig not Pig anymore... it just can't work that I can see…

    As I mentioned earlier, I think BHVR would have been better off doing this piecemeal, starting small and if they get the results they want, stopping, but that's not their nature.

    I also wish we knew what BHVR's 'panic' point was on kill rate targets. We all know 60% is the number that gets mentioned a lot, but at what point below that do they panic. 55%, 50%, 40%? Because if the changes were made and some killers dropped a few percent I'd be fine, but think anything approaching a 10% drop would need quick overhauls.

    Complaints are frequent about BHVR's pace of changes, but unfortunately we don't get data from them more frequently, so none of us can be sure how 'broken' something might be.

    I do think the unique hook benefits offers a way forward for BHVR dealing with weaker killers without automatically destabilizing lower MMR. People have proposed in the past killers like Pig just getting a strong gen kick or slightly higher basekit move speed, which I think would just make them way too strong in lower MMRs. I think stronger unique hook benefits offer more skill expression that won't immediately capitalized on by newer players, while giving more experienced players a strategy element to utilize.

  • Yeah its getting bad. Why use skill when you can proxy camp hook, tunnel and repeat? Or just not hook at all and slug everyone? Killers say its not an issue because its a broken mechanic in their favor.

  • @littlehoot said:

    I don't know, but I hope soon. I don't have a lot of faith in that, but I can hope.

    Me and my friends (5-6 of us), all of which were playing for hours almost daily either in a party or in solo queue, have all basically stopped playing completely. Ever since they walked back on the anti-tunnel and anti-slugging measures, the uptake in both hard tunnelling and slugging have been so awful, we've all kind of been put off. Including the friend who'd been playing for years who got me into the game.

    Playing survivor just feels like being punished, so on the rare occasions I've gotten on the game lately, I barely last two games before I've had enough.

    I have some friends I was playing with every night for hours, for months. They've also been playing for years, almost the length of the games existence. I see them on less and less, for shorter periods. One of them gets mad about the tunneling and ragequits regualrly. Then he's just gone for the night. I have some others who have trickled away recently too. I'm playing killer more and more. It's getting gloomy. If I run out of friends I guess I'm a killer-only player again.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013354#Comment_4013354

    Are you using Nightlight as per usual? Stop lmao, casual players don't upload their stats

    As per usual? I rarely use stats for unofficial sources. Ghoul yes, but i don't think we have official stats from Ghoul. Want to look at literally ever single official stat BHVR has ever released about nurse? Because she's almost always the lowest killer in the game

  • @DeBecker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013354#Comment_4013354

    So all of those killrates are still better than they should be despite nurse. Or do you still want to pretend that this game should be a killer fantasy simulator?

    No, they aren't. The devs balance for a 60% kill rate. But if you actually read my post you would have already seen that i mentioned that.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4011416#Comment_4011416

    I have some friends I was playing with every night for hours, for months. They've also been playing for years, almost the length of the games existence. I see them on less and less, for shorter periods. One of them gets mad about the tunneling and ragequits regualrly. Then he's just gone for the night. I have some others who have trickled away recently too. I'm playing killer more and more. It's getting gloomy. If I run out of friends I guess I'm a killer-only player again.

    If someone ragequits regularly, that means Go Next isn't being harsh enough. People that ragequit regularly, really need to have harsher punishments. They are the #1 problem with solo q.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013644#Comment_4013644

    No, they aren't. The devs balance for a 60% kill rate. But if you actually read my post you would have already seen that i mentioned that.

    So youre still under the same misconception as the devs. Pretty good job so far I guess.

  • @Alicia_Tried6041 said:

    Yeah its getting bad. Why use skill when you can proxy camp hook, tunnel and repeat? Or just not hook at all and slug everyone? Killers say its not an issue because its a broken mechanic in their favor.

    skill isnt required on either side to win

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013682#Comment_4013682

    If someone ragequits regularly, that means Go Next isn't being harsh enough. People that ragequit regularly, really need to have harsher punishments. They are the #1 problem with solo q.

    You are missing the point here. People don't ragequit or DC regularly without a reason.
    The point is that excessive tunneling being the problem, which is almost happening every single match.

    I have a friend who never DC's but today I am pretty sure he was close to considering it, because of excessive tunneling.
    How much more abuse do we survivor players need to endure before we get proper anti-tunnel, and discouragement for the killers to practice that kind of "strategy"?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013682#Comment_4013682

    If someone ragequits regularly, that means Go Next isn't being harsh enough. People that ragequit regularly, really need to have harsher punishments. They are the #1 problem with solo q.

    I honestly wonder what creates this mentality of "Everyone has to be miserable and they're going to like it, or else they can leave and they won't be missed".

  • @THE_Crazy_Hyena said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013739#Comment_4013739

    You are missing the point here. People don't ragequit or DC regularly without a reason.
    The point is that excessive tunneling being the problem, which is almost happening every single match.

    I have a friend who never DC's but today I am pretty sure he was close to considering it, because of excessive tunneling.
    How much more abuse do we survivor players need to endure before we get proper anti-tunnel, and discouragement for the killers to practice that kind of "strategy"?

    And the reason is a complete lack of respect for teammates, and a complete lack of respect for the rules.

    @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013739#Comment_4013739

    I honestly wonder what creates this mentality of "Everyone has to be miserable and they're going to like it, or else they can leave and they won't be missed".

    The game is better off without frequent ragequitters. They are the #1 problem with solo q,. They should not be bargained with, since they act out of entitlement, and you can't fix that. They should be forced to play with other people that frequently ragequit, so they can ruin each other's games.

    Really, just do that. Place the frequent ragequitters with each other. It's completely fair, because if someone thinks it's acceptable to ragequit, they should be 100% fine being in groups with other people that think the same way.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013850#Comment_4013850

    And the reason is a complete lack of respect for teammates, and a complete lack of respect for the rules.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013858#Comment_4013858

    The game is better off without frequent ragequitters. They are the #1 problem with solo q,. They should not be bargained with, since they act out of entitlement, and you can't fix that. They should be forced to play with other people that frequently ragequit, so they can ruin each other's games.

    Really, just do that. Place the frequent ragequitters with each other. It's completely fair, because if someone thinks it's acceptable to ragequit, they should be 100% fine being in groups with other people that think the same way.

    I think that's about the most entitled comment I've heard in a while. 🙄

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013850#Comment_4013850

    And the reason is a complete lack of respect for teammates, and a complete lack of respect for the rules.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013858#Comment_4013858

    The game is better off without frequent ragequitters. They are the #1 problem with solo q,. They should not be bargained with, since they act out of entitlement, and you can't fix that. They should be forced to play with other people that frequently ragequit, so they can ruin each other's games.

    Really, just do that. Place the frequent ragequitters with each other. It's completely fair, because if someone thinks it's acceptable to ragequit, they should be 100% fine being in groups with other people that think the same way.

    I'm sorry, I gotta disagree with that. Rage quitting isn't the main issue of Solo Queuing. As @THE_Crazy_Hyena said, people would mainly DC for a reason.

    Hence, tunneling has gotten so frequent, people would DC as there isn't any point to continue playing. It makes matches boring as someone is always being targeted and the killer isn't going for anyone else. No one should be forced to play a match that is 'depressing'. The main issue for solo queue is lack of comms. I can't tell my allies if I'm being camped or need healing or whatever.

  • @Gh0st2317 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013931#Comment_4013931

    I'm sorry, I gotta disagree with that. Rage quitting isn't the main issue of Solo Queuing. As @THE_Crazy_Hyena said, people would mainly DC for a reason.

    Hence, tunneling has gotten so frequent, people would DC as there isn't any point to continue playing. It makes matches boring as someone is always being targeted and the killer isn't going for anyone else. No one should be forced to play a match that is 'depressing'. The main issue for solo queue is lack of comms. I can't tell my allies if I'm being camped or need healing or whatever.

    No one is being forced to play a match they don't want to play. No one is physically restrained to their computer or console, with a mouse or controller physically glued to their hands. But people absolutely deserve punishments if they ragequit.

    And people mainly DC for a selfish reason. Sometimes it's "this map is boring" or "I got chased first" or "I don't like the killer" or "I don't like one of the killer's perks" or "I don't like my teammates" or "I only want to play games where I'm clearly winning". Selfish selfish selfish.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013938#Comment_4013938

    No one is being forced to play a match they don't want to play. No one is physically restrained to their computer or console, with a mouse or controller physically glued to their hands. But people absolutely deserve punishments if they ragequit.

    And people mainly DC for a selfish reason. Sometimes it's "this map is boring" or "I got chased first" or "I don't like the killer" or "I don't like one of the killer's perks" or "I don't like my teammates" or "I only want to play games where I'm clearly winning". Selfish selfish selfish.

    You keep saying this yet you have zero evidence, only assumptions, as to why people quit.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013850#Comment_4013850

    And the reason is a complete lack of respect for teammates, and a complete lack of respect for the rules.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013858#Comment_4013858

    The game is better off without frequent ragequitters. They are the #1 problem with solo q,. They should not be bargained with, since they act out of entitlement, and you can't fix that. They should be forced to play with other people that frequently ragequit, so they can ruin each other's games.

    Really, just do that. Place the frequent ragequitters with each other. It's completely fair, because if someone thinks it's acceptable to ragequit, they should be 100% fine being in groups with other people that think the same way.

    Fair enough, but I really don't think it's the problem with solo q. More punishments and othering them won't solve the problem, as we've seen with anti-go next. At some point we should try to strike a balance.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013938#Comment_4013938

    No one is being forced to play a match they don't want to play. No one is physically restrained to their computer or console, with a mouse or controller physically glued to their hands. But people absolutely deserve punishments if they ragequit.

    And people mainly DC for a selfish reason. Sometimes it's "this map is boring" or "I got chased first" or "I don't like the killer" or "I don't like one of the killer's perks" or "I don't like my teammates" or "I only want to play games where I'm clearly winning". Selfish selfish selfish.

    Idk if that's made up assumptions or you just got really bad solo queue teammates...

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013931#Comment_4013931

    Fair enough, but I really don't think it's the problem with solo q. More punishments and othering them won't solve the problem, as we've seen with anti-go next. At some point we should try to strike a balance.

    @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013942#Comment_4013942

    You keep saying this yet you have zero evidence, only assumptions, as to why people quit.

    Most survivors play through their games without frequently ragequitting. They are playing games that are sometimes frustrating, but they still play through the games. These survivors deserve to be in games with other survivors that will actually play through games, even if they might be frustrating.

    And again, the frequent ragequitters being placed together, is the perfect Go Next solution. Anyone that thinks it's fine to ragequit, should be happy to be with other people that also think it's fine to ragequit. They can ruin each other's games, and the rule-abiding survivors that want to play out their games, won't need to suffer the awfulness people that selfishly ragequit.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013682#Comment_4013682

    If someone ragequits regularly, that means Go Next isn't being harsh enough. People that ragequit regularly, really need to have harsher punishments. They are the #1 problem with solo q.

    Rage quitting isn't my peak issue with solo Q, it still happens even when go next was just introduced and the new dc penalty.

    It's tunneling and slugging stuff which should have been tackled first. Not punishing survivors even more, people rage quit for a reason in most games, regardless if it's justified. If it's happening often, something is wrong with the core game, shocking news (sarcasm): It's not fun in a lot instances where you're slugged/tunneled proxy camped. Queueing up into multiple matches like this is awful.

    So no, I want these changes ASAP, I was looking forward to the incentives for hooking different survivors as killer and finally being rid of the awful gen regression meta. I do agree the downside was harsh, but the gen regression changes should have stayed for the perks, it makes no sense, but better gut tenacity…

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013739#Comment_4013739

    Rage quitting isn't my peak issue with solo Q, it still happens even when go next was just introduced and the new dc penalty.

    It's tunneling and slugging stuff which should have been tackled first. Not punishing survivors even more, people rage quit for a reason in most games, regardless if it's justified. If it's happening often, something is wrong with the core game, shocking news (sarcasm): It's not fun in a lot instances where you're slugged/tunneled proxy camped. Queueing up into multiple matches like this is awful.

    So no, I want these changes ASAP, I was looking forward to the incentives for hooking different survivors as killer and finally being rid of the awful gen regression meta. I do agree the downside was harsh, but the gen regression changes should have stayed for the perks, it makes no sense, but better gut tenacity…

    Placing frequent ragequitters with each other shouldn't be considered punishment. It should be considered placing like-minded people with each other. It's greatly improving the matchmaking.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013954#Comment_4013954

    Placing frequent ragequitters with each other shouldn't be considered punishment. It should be considered placing like-minded people with each other. It's greatly improving the matchmaking.

    I'm sorry with killers like Krasue and Ghoul which are awful to play against, I'm not faulting people for wanting another killer rn. awfully designed

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013954#Comment_4013954

    Placing frequent ragequitters with each other shouldn't be considered punishment. It should be considered placing like-minded people with each other. It's greatly improving the matchmaking.

    I was going to say something like that for the other response. That the queue tends to be a high priority for BHVR. It's why we don't have true blocks or power/perk bans or perks with BP incentives. Asking for a separate one for ragequitters is unrealistic.

    The only exception is how damaging to the game anti-go next was and current DC penalties, but to be totally honest that might be explained away via Play While You Wait being tested.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013682#Comment_4013682

    If someone ragequits regularly, that means Go Next isn't being harsh enough. People that ragequit regularly, really need to have harsher punishments. They are the #1 problem with solo q.

    I agree with this. i find it crazy ppl want to RQ without any penalties

    @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013850#Comment_4013850

    And the reason is a complete lack of respect for teammates, and a complete lack of respect for the rules.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013858#Comment_4013858

    The game is better off without frequent ragequitters. They are the #1 problem with solo q,. They should not be bargained with, since they act out of entitlement, and you can't fix that. They should be forced to play with other people that frequently ragequit, so they can ruin each other's games.

    Really, just do that. Place the frequent ragequitters with each other. It's completely fair, because if someone thinks it's acceptable to ragequit, they should be 100% fine being in groups with other people that think the same way.

    exactly. abandoning your teammates and disregarding the rules of the trials is so disrespectful.

    Yea put the Ragequitters with each other, see how they like it when their teammates abandon them for no "good" reason. Ragequitting is never acceptable and theres no justification for it.

    Kind of sad that you're getting downvoted just for speaking truth about ragequitting.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013946#Comment_4013946

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013945#Comment_4013945

    Most survivors play through their games without frequently ragequitting. They are playing games that are sometimes frustrating, but they still play through the games. These survivors deserve to be in games with other survivors that will actually play through games, even if they might be frustrating.

    And again, the frequent ragequitters being placed together, is the perfect Go Next solution. Anyone that thinks it's fine to ragequit, should be happy to be with other people that also think it's fine to ragequit. They can ruin each other's games, and the rule-abiding survivors that want to play out their games, won't need to suffer the awfulness people that selfishly ragequit.

    Why am I quoted here? Who are you talking to? I'm totally indifferent to this idea of yours, though it would also punish people who have internet issues or DC for reason that don't involve "rage".

    I want to know if your insider knowledge on why people quit is based on anything other than vibes. If your soloq, you shouldn't have much communication with your teammates, especially if they leave the match early.

    I, on the other hand, am not soloqing, so I can tell you that 95% of the times my partymates DC intentionally it's because of tunneling.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013958#Comment_4013958

    I was going to say something like that for the other response. That the queue tends to be a high priority for BHVR. It's why we don't have true blocks or power/perk bans or perks with BP incentives. Asking for a separate one for ragequitters is unrealistic.

    The only exception is how damaging to the game anti-go next was and current DC penalties, but to be totally honest that might be explained away via Play While You Wait being tested.

    The queue time doesn't need to be a priority for frequent ragequitters. They are already supposed to get time penalties, so BHVR can just shift the time penalties into having a longer queue time for their ragequitter's queue.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013962#Comment_4013962

    The queue time doesn't need to be a priority for frequent ragequitters. They are already supposed to get time penalties, so BHVR can just shift the time penalties into having a longer queue time for their ragequitter's queue.

    And that benefits the queue how? It's removing more players that aren't being replaced.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013946#Comment_4013946

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013945#Comment_4013945

    Most survivors play through their games without frequently ragequitting. They are playing games that are sometimes frustrating, but they still play through the games. These survivors deserve to be in games with other survivors that will actually play through games, even if they might be frustrating.

    And again, the frequent ragequitters being placed together, is the perfect Go Next solution. Anyone that thinks it's fine to ragequit, should be happy to be with other people that also think it's fine to ragequit. They can ruin each other's games, and the rule-abiding survivors that want to play out their games, won't need to suffer the awfulness people that selfishly ragequit.

    If ragequitting is so common, surely these people have already experienced what it's like to have others quit on them as well. It's not like a separate queue for ragequitters will be a new experience for them.

    A separate ragequitter queue will lead to longer queue times for everyone. Perhaps even more so for the non-ragequitters if ragequitting is as common as people are making it out to be.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013950#Comment_4013950

    If ragequitting is so common, surely these people have already experienced what it's like to have others quit on them as well. It's not like a separate queue for ragequitters will be a new experience for them.

    A separate ragequitter queue will lead to longer queue times for everyone. Perhaps even more so for the non-ragequitters if ragequitting is as common as people are making it out to be.

    I would happily agree to longer queue times, if it means my games won't be ruined by frequent ragequitters.

    @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013968#Comment_4013968

    And that benefits the queue how? It's removing more players that aren't being replaced.

    It benefits the quality of matchmaking, because the rule-abiding survivors that actually play out their games, won't have their games ruined by frequent ragequitters anymore.

  • @DeBecker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013732#Comment_4013732

    So youre still under the same misconception as the devs. Pretty good job so far I guess.

    That's not a misconception, its literally something the devs have stated.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013974#Comment_4013974

    I would happily agree to longer queue times, if it means my games won't be ruined by frequent ragequitters.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013969#Comment_4013969

    It benefits the quality of matchmaking, because the rule-abiding survivors that actually play out their games, won't have their games ruined by frequent ragequitters anymore.

    Well, like @CrypticGirl said, if it's so common, then the ragequitter queue is going to move much faster to the point that ragequitting would make the most sense to do. If it's not that common, then it means that even the non-ragequitting queue would still have a fair amount of ragequits. And like anti-go next, the system used to determine ragequits would possibly open the door to punishing players who aren't doing it, further impacting the queue.

    In that case, what would prevent Survivors from deciding to purposely ragequit to enter a queue that is less likely to punish them anyway than staying in one that doesn't and walking on eggshells?

  • @SpringMyTrap said:

    Hopefully never, they will be a massive decline in gameplay quality and the inevitable compensation / killer design change will make the game so much less enjoyable.

    edit: to people downvoting me, do you genuinely want the game to turn into blight (krasue/ghoul moreso) by daylight? or do you just completely lack the ability to understand cause and effect and think they'll actually keep making fun and interactive mid tier (as of today's standard) killers in the dbd with these systems?

    My matches are already 80% ghoul and krasues, so if we get anti tunneling and camping but the same killers ive already having to verse i dont mine.

    My last few matches have been ghoul, ghoul, krasuses, ghoul, krasuse.

    Edit: next match after writing this, another krasue.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013977#Comment_4013977

    Well, like @CrypticGirl said, if it's so common, then the ragequitter queue is going to move much faster to the point that ragequitting would make the most sense to do. If it's not that common, then it means that even the non-ragequitting queue would still have a fair amount of ragequits. And like anti-go next, the system used to determine ragequits would possibly open the door to punishing players who aren't doing it, further impacting the queue.

    In that case, what would prevent Survivors from deciding to purposely ragequit to enter a queue that is less likely to punish them anyway than staying in one that doesn't and walking on eggshells?

    Nope. I’m not going to entertain this garbage false positive theory, that’s so rare that it literally takes over two months to get one single video evidence of it happening. The false positives aren’t happening often enough for me to care.

    There’s nothing preventing people from purposely trying to enter the ragequitting queue. As long as they are banned from being in my games, I don’t care what they are doing in the ragequitting queue.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013991#Comment_4013991

    Nope. I’m not going to entertain this garbage false positive theory, that’s so rare that it literally takes over two months to get one single video evidence of it happening. The false positives aren’t happening often enough for me to care.

    There’s nothing preventing people from purposely trying to enter the ragequitting queue. As long as they are banned from being in my games, I don’t care what they are doing in the ragequitting queue.

    What about those of us who don't see alot of ragequitting? They're so far and few between in my games that a ragequitting queue seems like overkill to me. Last one I had was when Krasue was released, and I'm assuming it was because they wanted to see the new killer and I was playing Freddy

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013950#Comment_4013950

    Why am I quoted here? Who are you talking to? I'm totally indifferent to this idea of yours, though it would also punish people who have internet issues or DC for reason that don't involve "rage".

    I want to know if your insider knowledge on why people quit is based on anything other than vibes. If your soloq, you shouldn't have much communication with your teammates, especially if they leave the match early.

    I, on the other hand, am not soloqing, so I can tell you that 95% of the times my partymates DC intentionally it's because of tunneling.

    Exactly. Tunneling is the main cause for DC.
    Sure, some people do DC if they are found first, but maybe they have played a lot of games beforehand where they have been tunneled out, and they don't want more repeats of that.

    And yes, I too will DC because of tunneling if it goes too far, especially against krasues who are dead set on tunneling, who also runs bamboozle and dissolution, or Oni. I can't stand the way people play Oni these days.
    It isn't fun. That is core issue, and why people just want to go next faster.

    I have also seen a lot of killers DC as well, so this is not a survivor-exclusive problem.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013991#Comment_4013991

    Nope. I’m not going to entertain this garbage false positive theory, that’s so rare that it literally takes over two months to get one single video evidence of it happening. The false positives aren’t happening often enough for me to care.

    There’s nothing preventing people from purposely trying to enter the ragequitting queue. As long as they are banned from being in my games, I don’t care what they are doing in the ragequitting queue.

    Fair enough.

    @THE_Crazy_Hyena said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013967#Comment_4013967

    Exactly. Tunneling is the main cause for DC.
    Sure, some people do DC if they are found first, but maybe they have played a lot of games beforehand where they have been tunneled out, and they don't want more repeats of that.

    And yes, I too will DC because of tunneling if it goes too far, especially against krasues who are dead set on tunneling, who also runs bamboozle and dissolution, or Oni. I can't stand the way people play Oni these days.
    It isn't fun. That is core issue, and why people just want to go next faster.

    I have also seen a lot of killers DC as well, so this is not a survivor-exclusive problem.

    I'd elevate the fun argument. I think people DC/give up the most when they're not having fun and there's a laundry list of reasons behind that. Camping/tunneling/slugging is a major one, as are bully squads. So are endless trials or trials that end too quickly. Many times there are personal reasons, like DCing on first down. But at the end of the day, fun is a major component of any game and it doesn't feel like the highest priority most of the time. In my opinion.

  • I'm just adding my two cents here but last night, I took notes on my games as survivor.

    Of twelve total games, I only had one teammate DC mid game, but I had four games with hard tunnelling and extreme slugging. Two of those games, I also had killers humping downed survivors. Also the bot that replaced that teammate was more helpful for the rest of the game than the original teammate was while they were there.

    So quite frankly, given that 'ragequitting' impacted 8% of my games yesterday, while tunnelling and slugging impacted 33.3% of my games yesterday, I'm much more concerned with the latter than with teammates DCing.

  • Let's bring OTR. Scratches disappear now, so it's stronger than before the nerf, right? It's nerfed if you're aiming for body blocks and light stuns since the seconds are reduced, but for countering campers like you, it's a pure buff.

  • @littlehoot said:

    I'm just adding my two cents here but last night, I took notes on my games as survivor.

    Of twelve total games, I only had one teammate DC mid game, but I had four games with hard tunnelling and extreme slugging. Two of those games, I also had killers humping downed survivors. Also the bot that replaced that teammate was more helpful for the rest of the game than the original teammate was while they were there.

    So quite frankly, given that 'ragequitting' impacted 8% of my games yesterday, while tunnelling and slugging impacted 33.3% of my games yesterday, I'm much more concerned with the latter than with teammates DCing.

    It's almost as though one issue is seriously affecting the games health and the other is overblown.

    I had 6 killer matches today. One match had two peopele bot out. Another had one. In both instances, the team was cooked. There was zero hope. It had no impact on the assured outcome.

  • IT'S NOT COMING. That was just a distraction to push the perk changes that they didn't reverse …and then now this whole fake more pallets nonsense 😒

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013931#Comment_4013931

    I think that's about the most entitled comment I've heard in a while. 🙄

    Just about every other online game does it.

    Ragequitters either get banned, put in low priority queue or gets put with other ragequitters.

    Cant believe how many are still defending ragequits.

  • I don’t hate the idea outright but think the implementation they were working with (that thankfully got canned) wasn’t the right way to go about it.
    I don’t have answers for the actual right way to go about it, but I do think them building a strong foundation will allow them to more effectively balance existing killers around that new baseline - hopefully.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013974#Comment_4013974

    I would happily agree to longer queue times, if it means my games won't be ruined by frequent ragequitters.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013969#Comment_4013969

    It benefits the quality of matchmaking, because the rule-abiding survivors that actually play out their games, won't have their games ruined by frequent ragequitters anymore.

    I would happily agree to longer queue times, if it means my games won't be ruined by frequent ragequitters.

    Unfortunately, most people don't share that sentiment.  When the devs first tested the SBMM system, testing out queue time priority vs. quality match priority, long queue times were a huge complaint about the latter.

    And what was the biggest frustration for Killers in 2v8 again?  Oh yeah, the insanely long queue times!

    A ragequitter queue will never fly if it just leads to longer queue times for all players.

  • I'm just going to jump in and point out something about the forums meta here.

    This thread. Right here. It's exactly the problem with discussing anything about tunneling.

    It applies to far, far more, but you can look at the history of posts on this forum, and every single time recently that there's been a thread gaining traction about survivor issues (which is usually tunneling) we get this:

    A completely derailed thread from a small handful of extremely loud and insanely biased (to the point of being just rage bait) commenters who take a thread about "when are we getting the postponed changes" into "punish them harder".

    Which wouldn't be so frustrating, except this is the exact kind of tactic that gets anti tunneling pulled (effectively cancelled for all we know at this point) on day 2, and also could get "go next" tuned up to punish even more innocent players with penalties.

    You simply cannot have a discussion about this problem because a few people just have to do this:

    1000010969.jpg

    And they'll just keep doing it because it's worked for years.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    I'm just going to jump in and point out something about the forums meta here.

    This thread. Right here. It's exactly the problem with discussing anything about tunneling.

    It applies to far, far more, but you can look at the history of posts on this forum, and every single time recently that there's been a thread gaining traction about survivor issues (which is usually tunneling) we get this:

    A completely derailed thread from a small handful of extremely loud and insanely biased (to the point of being just rage bait) commenters who take a thread about "when are we getting the postponed changes" into "punish them harder".

    Which wouldn't be so frustrating, except this is the exact kind of tactic that gets anti tunneling pulled (effectively cancelled for all we know at this point) on day 2, and also could get "go next" tuned up to punish even more innocent players with penalties.

    You simply cannot have a discussion about this problem because a few people just have to do this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9UHBRD7C9SCN/1000010969.jpg

    And they'll just keep doing it because it's worked for years.

    Meanwhile, any conversation about ragequitting problems has to devolve into people massively over exaggerating how often Go Next makes false positives.

    @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013977#Comment_4013977

    I would happily agree to longer queue times, if it means my games won't be ruined by frequent ragequitters.

    Unfortunately, most people don't share that sentiment.  When the devs first tested the SBMM system, testing out queue time priority vs. quality match priority, long queue times were a huge complaint about the latter.

    And what was the biggest frustration for Killers in 2v8 again?  Oh yeah, the insanely long queue times!

    A ragequitter queue will never fly if it just leads to longer queue times for all players.

    You don’t need to over-exaggerate this. Yes, the normal queue time would go up, but not by so much that the majority of players would care. I’m sure most players would be happy with maybe a few extra seconds added to their queue times, if it meant a severe reduction with ragequitters in their games.

    Again, the majority of players are actually playing through their games, even if they are frustrating. It’s really just a small percentage of survivors that are ruining lots of games for other people.

    @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4013998#Comment_4013998

    Fair enough.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4014001#Comment_4014001

    I'd elevate the fun argument. I think people DC/give up the most when they're not having fun and there's a laundry list of reasons behind that. Camping/tunneling/slugging is a major one, as are bully squads. So are endless trials or trials that end too quickly. Many times there are personal reasons, like DCing on first down. But at the end of the day, fun is a major component of any game and it doesn't feel like the highest priority most of the time. In my opinion.

    But why is it that most people can manage to play through all their games? Do you really think most players don’t have games that feel frustrating? Do you really think most players don’t have games where they feel like something unfair is happening?

    And why isn’t bully squads on the official roadmap? Bully squad survivors, whose main goal is to ruin the fun of their opponents, isn’t a game problem? But killers, they are using game strategies to try to win a game, are a game problem?

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    I'm just going to jump in and point out something about the forums meta here.

    This thread. Right here. It's exactly the problem with discussing anything about tunneling.

    It applies to far, far more, but you can look at the history of posts on this forum, and every single time recently that there's been a thread gaining traction about survivor issues (which is usually tunneling) we get this:

    A completely derailed thread from a small handful of extremely loud and insanely biased (to the point of being just rage bait) commenters who take a thread about "when are we getting the postponed changes" into "punish them harder".

    Which wouldn't be so frustrating, except this is the exact kind of tactic that gets anti tunneling pulled (effectively cancelled for all we know at this point) on day 2, and also could get "go next" tuned up to punish even more innocent players with penalties.

    You simply cannot have a discussion about this problem because a few people just have to do this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9UHBRD7C9SCN/1000010969.jpg

    And they'll just keep doing it because it's worked for years.

    I hate how accurate this is. It feels like every thread about an issue that predominantly affects survivors—whether it be pure venting or a genuine attempt to have a discussion/suggest solutions—rapidly gets turned into 'BUT WHAT ABOUT KILLERS'.

    There's a time and a place, and the fact that it happens on basically every thread about a problem survivor players have is infuriating and really gives the impression that some people forget at any given time there are FOUR OTHER PEOPLE in a game with you. Your experience is not the only one that matters.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4014069#Comment_4014069

    Meanwhile, any conversation about ragequitting problems has to devolve into people massively over exaggerating how often Go Next makes false positives.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4014061#Comment_4014061

    You don’t need to over-exaggerate this. Yes, the normal queue time would go up, but not by so much that the majority of players would care. I’m sure most players would be happy with maybe a few extra seconds added to their queue times, if it meant a severe reduction with ragequitters in their games.

    Again, the majority of players are actually playing through their games, even if they are frustrating. It’s really just a small percentage of survivors that are ruining lots of games for other people.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4014011#Comment_4014011

    But why is it that most people can manage to play through all their games? Do you really think most players don’t have games that feel frustrating? Do you really think most players don’t have games where they feel like something unfair is happening?

    And why isn’t bully squads on the official roadmap? Bully squad survivors, whose main goal is to ruin the fun of their opponents, isn’t a game problem? But killers, they are using game strategies to try to win a game, are a game problem?

    Meanwhile, any conversation about ragequitting problems has to devolve into people massively over exaggerating how often Go Next makes false positives.

    Where are the threads about ragequitting? Because it kinda feels like 'yes, I derailed the conversation, but now it'd be derailing to go back to the original topic'.

    And why isn’t bully squads on the official roadmap? 

    Because, judging by community feedback, it's not a problem at all.

    No one talks about this. It's only ever brought up in answer to survivor complaints. If you want it addressed, bring it up. Open threads about it. Don't keep sitting on it until you can use it as a 'gotcha'.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4014078#Comment_4014078

    Meanwhile, any conversation about ragequitting problems has to devolve into people massively over exaggerating how often Go Next makes false positives.

    Where are the threads about ragequitting? Because it kinda feels like 'yes, I derailed the conversation, but now it'd be derailing to go back to the original topic'.

    And why isn’t bully squads on the official roadmap? 

    Because, judging by community feedback, it's not a problem at all.

    No one talks about this. It's only ever brought up in answer to survivor complaints. If you want it addressed, bring it up. Open threads about it. Don't keep sitting on it until you can use it as a 'gotcha'.

    Judging by community feedback, bully squads aren’t a problem because it’s fun for survivors. It’s like how killers can’t complain about generator speeds, without people telling them that gen rushing is a hyper specific thing, and they weren’t “really” being gen rushed.

    And remember that a lot of ragequitting threads get closed for breaking forum rules, and a lot of comments about ragequitting get closed for breaking forum rules.

    And are you seriously saying you don’t see people over exaggerating the Go Next false positives? You don’t see people saying things like “I can’t believe people keep getting punished for getting tunneled out of the game”????

    Go Next should be allowed to be more harsh, without people constantly complaining that it “already has too many false positives”.

1 2 3 4 5 … 10