So many anti-SWF posts
I'm not saying swf doesn't have an advantage over the killer, at least most of the time, but do we really need 1000 posts about the same topic?
We are all allowed to tell our story, yet the story is uninteresting when we all tell the same story over and over again.
If you want to have SWF addressed, come up with interesting proposals, don't rant about how much you hate the game and blah blah blah... you might as well save it, we have heard about it, read about it more than a hundred times already.
And if you still want to talk about it and rant, there are hundreds of open posts about the same #########. Use your comment powers, they are really useful sometimes. Entitled whiners are always ignored. Be more intelligent if you want to put your ideas across.
love xx
Comments
Swf is common. The odds of the time penalty going high enough and running into an SWF are not in the killers favor.
Especially on lower ranks.
Sooner or later the killer will have to settle on an SWF, and it could likely be a toxic one.
That is why I severely dislike your idea of stacking punishments for dodging.
A killer could dodge 3 toolboxes and a 2x2 swf group to end up with 4 meg swf with flashlights and no Franklin's demise.
Or a group with instaheals.
Maybe if we had some realistic way to tell how big of a threat a group is? I mentioned the SWF warning badge. Not so much as to tell who is SWF, but to give an idea of how sweaty they are.
It doesn't necessarily take a depip squad, you see. I don't have a huge arsenal to fight with, personally.
A lot of killers in the teens won't either.
It's why SWFs like targeting killers in the teens. We don't all play like tru3, or Monto, and we certainly don't have their arsenal. Easy easy games for them, but they sure take it seriously.
Again, Tru3 struggled when he went perkless. We aren't all as good as he is, and we usually have to make due with what ever perks we have.
It's not a matter of me losing, it's how much of a chance I really had, and how often I have a realistic chance.
All I want, all I ever really want out of DBD is fair trials.
Can we not pretend that an SWF using comms to coordinate is particularly fair?
I mean the SWFs I commonly run into are mixed colors, and use comms to their advantage.
I don't play hardcore.
Partly because SWFs are generally stacked, and there's not a whole lot of learning when they're thorougly immersed, or coordinated. Pretty sick of the imbalance. There's not a lot of learning in the imbalance.
Partly because I don't have time for it.
Getting good enough to bust SWFs with my limited arsenal isn't something I have time, or drive for.
Hell, I don't believe anyone would want to be in my shoes.
I don't have a full array of perks, the time/drive to grind them, etc.
I can do ok against a group of solos, and I certainly feel better about losing to them, but a coordinated SWF? Not so much. Expertly trading hooks, conga lines for taking hits, running to eachother for saves, having high rank ringers.
It's like I'm an unwitting participant in their combat training, and their grind for more BP at the cost of any fun I might have. It's just too much hassle. Even if I do good, I don't really feel good.
P.s. also taking a look at your threads/ideas!
I only use tools and med kits in an swf squad, as it has much less chance of being wasted during a match (I am not gonna die on first hook and lose my purple #########, when I heal someone they're not going to sit the rest of the match out)
In SWF, I know I will get rescued efficiently from the hook, get healed/mended when I need, will have players distracting the killer when I get caught or an in a chase. All this is extremely powerful as a survivor.
When I compare that to a solo match up, most of the swf advantages disappear. I now have to run more team based perks, small game, kindred and premonition being my favourites, then self care as i need to heal as soon as I escape a killers terror radius.
I am rank 1 survivor (killer too) the kinds of players I swf with, literally bully killers. Torches, jukes, looping, body blocking, 360s for fun, distractions, leading the killer to useless parts of the map etc. When the squad is together, the killer might get a hook or 2, but no kills! The only reason, is because the mix of good players + communication = killer is now the hunted.
Something about SWF itself needs addressing. The Devs need to acknowledge just how many perks, being in an SWF squad actually gives survivors and balance towards killer gaining extra perk slots (literally, SWF players go into a match with 10 perks at least)
Looks like you finally accepted all the survivors mains shenaningans.
If you can't beat them, join them i guess ?
LUL.
Yes we know :
"not all swf iz a SWAT team, u baby killer crybaby, SWF iz here to stay so suck it up !"
(To summarize all these posts)
Hope you enjoy the Lobby simulator too.
Because most killer players are not, and don't want to be the survivor's bitches, they will simply leave like it's already the case.
One can only endure a certain amount of bullshits, it's natural.
I guess survivors will finally be able to repair their generator in peace !
What ?
Wasn't the final goal ?
But why doing all this to... whatever ^^"
Yeah, I'm definitely cognizant of that, but I think sometimes it can be easy to fall into a loop of dodging because sometimes it's just exhausting to think about playing against some teams? I've literally had days where people have loaded in and I've decided to go take a nap instead.
i gave swf second chances over and over, but all the bm, abuse, insult group invites, ddosd, doxing attempts threats etc got to a point where its flatout unhealty to host them. plus the event just brings out the worst out of ppl, these are my personal reasons not to host them. the whole balance issue asside.
just my 2 cents on the topic, i will dodge them just because i am fed up with them, even if this would mean 40 minutes queue time, and if dedicated servers arrive and i still cant opt them out; i will simply drop the game for good
"Split the playerbase"
"Long queue times"
"nOt eVeRy sWf pLAyS lIkE tHiS"
I've already explained how you could make the dodge system work if you split the queues so that people stop dodging. I've also explained how I want the SWF mode to be a unique 5v5 experience, but all the SWF hand holders continue to clasp their ears with the same nonsense.
"I sHoUlnDT bE pUnIsHeD fOr pLaYinG wItH fRiEndS"
No, you should be punished for being a major contributing factor to why the game's balance is a complete shitshow.
I can't help but wonder...why not just make a 4 stack of friends queue separately from those on solo? That would solve the problem right there. Give a boost to BP to incentivize killers to queue for the SWF option. Maybe, and this probably won't happen, because these devs are obviously money hungry (even moreso than EA), but give a small amount of premium currency that can be used to buy new killers IF said killer wins one of these matches. That would draw some killers to play SWF, allow those who want to play with friends to be able to do so, and just all around make a better experience for everyone.
On another note altogether. why the HELL are vital perks like BBQ Chili locked behind paywalls? That is beyond frustrating, because those of us who can't afford or don't want to support this idiotic world of microtransactions after paying full goddamn price for a game, can't have proper loadouts. Seriously, this is some EA level crap-they tried this ######### with BF2 and it backfired BADLY. Why does the DBD community let the devs get away with it?
Well then I'll just sit infront of ruin with the chainsaw reved
if they look at it fine, if they walk near it fine, but if they touch it... they gon die.
That said SWF is unbalanced in the current state of the game... it's just..... how do you fix it without pissing off a lot players?
SWF is an epic FAIL ! Just look at the MatchMaking of rank and toxicity from these chumps. It needs an overhaul.
Sometimes, one good thread is all it takes; with a good discussion, the pros and cons, the change itself, pros and cons of the change, and a summary of why it would improve the game. Aim for quality over quantity.
And yes, we are always happy to listen to your feedback
We've treaded over a lot of the same ideas time, and time again.
Swf filters, swf labels, extra blood points for killers facing swf, loss of perks, loss of performance, enhanced performance, etc.
We don't really know what to do to fix the problem, or even smooth things over temporarily since none of the ideas get used.
I can't imagine it's any easier on the dev team. We're all human.
I keep hearing the goal is ti bring Solo to SWF level, and then buff killers, but I never really see plans on how to buff killers.
We know the cons, though. SWF abuses SWF to gain an absurd amount of advantages through chat, abuse it to get matched against low rank killers, some of whom aren't equipped for fighting SWF, thus get easier games, among other issues.
Swf supporters talk like it should be the new baseline difficulty, and that killers should just play up to people playing an easier game, and breaking the game to get advantages the game isn't designed for them to have.
Until something is done, more and more killers are going to get the wake up call, and make more threads.
If nothing is done to benefit the killers regarding SWF, they will keep dodging, and eventually leave the game. Especially since SWF is getting more and more common.
I just want to say the almost everyone in this thread needs to learn how to edit quotes. These '5 page long/20 quotes included in a reply' comments makes me just not care to read ANYTHING you people write.
Agreed and most posts are simply rehashes of the same nonsense as if the people have nothing better to do or refuse to admit that perhaps they're part of the problem. The common theme is it's always a 4 man swf swat team with isnta heals/AD/DH?DS etc insert w/e other excuses here.
Yes they do exist but not to the extent that's complained about and I've run into far more solo swat teams and been part of same. Once the devs buff killers to where they're strong enough we'll still see the same complaints.
Actual good suggestions not one sided suggestions that're constructive are what's needed.
Killers can't form parties. We have plenty of friends in other killers. Try and make a real point next time.
There is no way you said that with a straight face. I bet you had the office laughing like hyenas.
There is no easy fix for SWF. In and of itself, SWF is not toxic, nor a huge advantage. I destroy them on a regular basis with the Trapper using padded traps sometimes. If I can do it with Trapper, they can't be that great because I'm not a great killer and Trapper with padded traps is nothing to fear. That said, sure, there are those that are a biatch to face, just like there are some killers with certain perk builds that are tough. Spirit with prayer beads comes to mind.
The problem with any nerf in this game is that it hits disproportionately due to the variation in skill levels and how they impact the game. If you gave a 10% nerf across the board to all SWF action speeds, you would cause 80% of SWFs to get absolutely annihilated in 15 ranks of the game. Only 10% of the SWFs out there could handle that without breaking a sweat, the remaining 10% might find it a challenge.
Voice Comms - Most SWFs don't even use these correctly. They state crap that is obvious, "Its a Nurse!" Yeah? What gave that away, the sound of her screeching when she teleports? "Killer's chasing me!" Yeah, we noticed your icon was suddenly injured and you are running across the field. Heck, I've learned to use Comms against them. SWF member is looping me in a jungle gym and the rest are on a gen nearby. I hear the gen, but let the survivor loop me one more time and break line of sight before I peel off and grab one of the ones on the gen. I drop them to the ground and down a second. Just got 2 of them down because their buddy told them it was safe to keep working on that gen. Ooops! (I admit, this is not the norm, but there are some tricks that can be done.)
In all honesty, SWFs are not the overall problem. Most of the problem is in various perks, hit boxes, and how impactful a well organized group of survivors can be. Not sure how to fix that though, it is a glaring problem in the game and short of some full redesigns, or new game modes, there are not many options.
At rank 1 the SWF groups I come up against clearly have a massive advantage. Not only are they decent individual players, but SWF also gives them the ability to to communicate verbally, strategise, bring complimenting perks, items, add ons to the game and use tactics that a non-SWF group would not use. As if it wasn't difficult enough to 4k at Rank 1.
SWF up until about Rank 5 is usually fine, but past that it's just breaks the game. It doesn't make any sense that in one game you can be playing against 4 skilled individual players and the next, you're playing against 4 skilled players playing as a team with voice communication. It's like going from normal difficulty to veteran for a killer.
SWF obviously doesn't make sense. Keep it in causal - it should have no place in ranked play.
Play survivor maybe? its 4v1. Survivors having friends isn't cheating thats the point, please read the statement before commenting. Killer isn't meant to, survivor is hence it being an actual FEATURE in the game, shocking.
No one ever said survivors having friends is cheating. SWF using voice comms is the cheat.
Keep trying! You'll eventually understand the context of what you said and what I said.
Some killers just can't stand go against SWF because they're not so skilled as killers. I go against SWF with my Spirit and i got 3/4 K. It's a matter of skill and use the right killer
Ranked play has no meaning though. It is merely a number. I've seen the worst potatoes get Rank 1. Aside from that, 4k is not what the developers considered balanced. They stated their goal is 2k. Perhaps, SWF at rank 1 is more balanced than we think?
Playing killer is way harder than solo surv. If the solo survs know what they are doing, the killer still has a super hard time. And the solo survs don't even have to bring any 2nd-chance perks or items for that.
Of course, you'll lose games as a solo surv. But that usually happens because at least one or two survs were playing bad. It's not because the killer is so powerful.
Such respect for their paying customers LUL.
Maybe people are just getting sick of it?
Who'd have thought
1 person finds it early, you chase them off, they tell their friends on the mic where it is and boom its gone during your first chase.
As if survivors spawning on it wasn't bad enough.
Straight from Max Thompson Jr. diary I found in the Thompsons House;
................................................................................................
10th of February, 2019
Dear Diary
Today I wanted to get my last coin for the event cosmetics. I had a pretty rough workday already, lots of strangers showed up around my house and stole my stuff, broke my meathooks. So I thought I'll take a break from my daily business and go play survivor instead. Unfortunately, I figured that there were long waiting times and my fellow Killer friends often dodged, so after a while I decided to sacrifice myself once again and play Killer. As an experienced and confidend Killer, I never really pay attention to the lobby. This time it was a big mistake.
_I had almost forgotten how incredibly annoying SWFs can be, I even almost built up some sympathy towards them - but after a few minutes trying really hard to just get a few hooks, getting stabbed in my back not just once but four times, after they tried several times to make me blind and after they threw dozens of pallets in my face, I ran away from them. I just left. I couldn't take it anymore, my whole body hurt. _
I spend the next few minutes trying to avoid all contact with SWFs until I realized that pretty much EVERYONE is using SWF, so I gave up getting my coins and instead went over to my neighbour at Stardew Valley to drink a few bottles of whisky, hoping to calm down.
I think it broke something inside of me. Tomorrow has to be a better day....
................................................................................................
11th of February, 2019
...they found me again. Brb killing myself...
................................................................................................
That was so sad to read.
And so true...
You maybe want to put a quick end to this? Like most of us has already done ?
Glad you have no arguement left
If they did that survivors would complain about how they only face off against Nurses, Billys and Spirits. The solution to the SWF 'problem' is to add voice chat in-game and balance around that as the new baseline. Then the devs could add secondary objectives to extend the game, nerf Billy & Nurse, and buff every other killer.
Incorrect since most people aren't going to ue in game voice and listen to some screaming 12 year rant about not hook rushing to save them.
No one's going to use an in game function when they can use their own and talk shop with their friends, talk about work, school significant others etc.
There's a reason why the devs have never added this because they know the exact problems this would create F13 did it and look how that turned out.
Battlefield and COD have it and it's a toxic flamefest and people could just falsely report voice toxicity or be toxic knowing the odds are against them getting nailed.
The devs will not react, because voice is something every player in theory has access to
You could in the pregame chat invite random players into your discord to use voice if you want
To set this up and join is easy and fast done. With the ready button the survivors as well the killer can delay the start of the match until everyone who would like to join voice has done so.
This fact alone is the reason why there will never be an official support for voice, because it is already here and everyone can decide to use it or not.
Another thing that people dislike and associate with SWFs are an increased level of toxicity towards fellow survivors outside the group and towards the killer.
Is it to show off in front of your friends, peer pressure or increased confidence because you know that someone potentially has your back.
Sorry no one wants to get bullied. That's why you also see so many posts about camping and tunneling.
Both tactics can be viable, but more often they are not. If I don't intentionally run a "camping build/basement build" I only "camp" when the survivors are swarming the poor guy on the hook. As with everything in life perception is everything and experience negative situations lingers on longer in our memories than good or neutral ones.
TL DR: no one likes to be bullied, left out or get the feeling of an unfair advantage.