Ok, this mentality need to stop. (Survivor players DC)

I don't know what is going on today, but today I wanted to do killer challenges and have some fun chases…

But as soon as I load up - there are 1-2 survivor players instantly leaving the match, it happening so often today, I know the reason why are they leaving, and I felt like… Let's have a "final" conversation on that part…

I'm not going to create anymore similar threads about it personally, and this is my message to this topic:

Dear survivor players - if you q-ed up to a match - be ready to face ANY killer from the whole cast of characters. Do not expect to face only killers that YOU like.

Leaving from a match as soon as you heard a hatchet, or saw a xeno's stations or etc - Is just bad, spineless, low and embarrassing towards your fellow teammates.

If you play as a survivor - first and foremost - you are a team player. Put your ego and preferences aside and think about other 3 or 2 players in your team and how your bad action is going to affect other players experience. If you don't care about other players in your team - don't play as a survivor, it's not for you.

Have some moral principles and basic respect to other players, not only other survivors, but also the killer. I'm playing both sides, I also have killers that I hate to face, but you will never find me DC as soon as I saw them, nor you'll find me DC if the match is going wrong. I have respect to other players and I want everyone in my team have a good time and I want to be useful to my team - this is why I play survivors regularly.

The mentality like this (DC first seconds of the match) - hurting the game. Hurting the experience, and creating a negative impression in new players about the game.

Pay some respect to other people that you play with. If you can't, don't want to, or don't care - don't play in a team, play as a killer alone.

Much love to all of you guys, sorry if I was a bit harsh, and have a beautiful day\evening. ❤❤❤

Tagged: Co-ordinatorMod

Comments

  • @Grigerbest said:

    Ok guys so look: Chaos Shuffle match that I JUST played:

    So in this match Jake was afk from the beginning - so I decided to let 1 survivor go, but this survivor gave up on a hook and said this at the end:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TMCBZNH0U4E1/1.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8PQPSKWGPQPB/2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4G4DRJL5A33F/3.png

    Why do these players playing as a survivor - when they don't wanna play? They tired, hard day on work… So why jump in the team based game - if they don't wanna play?

    Obviously she said: - "I had to do something important" - and I make it like I believed her, but I'm not. (I hope she doesn't see it)

    Why did she even q-ed up for the match? Can anyone help me understand this "madness"?

    It's because she didn't want to play a 3v1. Or if she was the one that was AFK, then it sounds like she didn't feel like playing against Xenomorph.. probably because playing against it requires more attention. That's my read on it anyway.

    Regardless, I doubt you're going to get any real talk here about exactly why. The forum is moderated and it's hard to get an honest dialogue going without triggering some wires here and there. So just keep that in mind.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    I don't know what is going on today, but today I wanted to do killer challenges and have some fun chases…

    But as soon as I load up - there are 1-2 survivor players instantly leaving the match, it happening so often today, I know the reason why are they leaving, and I felt like… Let's have a "final" conversation on that part…

    I'm not going to create anymore similar threads about it personally, and this is my message to this topic:

    Dear survivor players - if you q-ed up to a match - be ready to face ANY killer from the whole cast of characters. Do not expect to face only killers that YOU like.

    Leaving from a match as soon as you heard a hatchet, or saw a xeno's stations or etc - Is just bad, spineless, low and embarrassing towards your fellow teammates.

    If you play as a survivor - first and foremost - you are a team player. Put your ego and preferences aside and think about other 3 or 2 players in your team and how your bad action is going to affect other players experience. If you don't care about other players in your team - don't play as a survivor, it's not for you.

    Have some moral principles and basic respect to other players, not only other survivors, but also the killer. I'm playing both sides, I also have killers that I hate to face, but you will never find me DC as soon as I saw them, nor you'll find me DC if the match is going wrong. I have respect to other players and I want everyone in my team have a good time and I want to be useful to my team - this is why I play survivors regularly.

    The mentality like this (DC first seconds of the match) - hurting the game. Hurting the experience, and creating a negative impression in new players about the game.

    Pay some respect to other people that you play with. If you can't, don't want to, or don't care - don't play in a team, play as a killer alone.

    Much love to all of you guys, sorry if I was a bit harsh, and have a beautiful day\evening. ❤❤❤

    Very well said. I appreciate this post and agree with you whole heartedly.

    @Huge_Bush said:

    The best solution is to queue up serial DC’ers in their own queue so they only ruin each others games. They can make it to where they can get back in the regular queue after playing through 10 matches without DCing. Probably should include people who suicide before 2 gens are completed and don’t have Kobe perks equipped.

    I like this idea.

    @Doxie said:

    Dear survivor...even though you paid YOUR money to play a game you have to play it the way killers want you to play it. Sincerely Killer

    Basically the same thing you said.

    Even though I paid MY money in your restaurant, it doesn’t mean I can ruin the experience of your other customers. By what you’re suggesting I can, but that would be very inconsiderate of me. As the owner, wouldn’t you prefer I did not laugh obnoxiously every 3 mins and banging on the table- while others are trying to enjoy their meal? Just like the killer and other survivors in DBD, the other patrons of your restaurant are paying customers as well. They don’t deserve to have their experience ruined by someone being selfish.

    OP is doing a PSA to encourage players to have some consideration & sportsmanship, because the DC’ng and quitting on first hook is on an uprise.

    @dwight444 said:

    fix the crappy solo aspects of the game or people will continue to dc and give up. It's totally warranted, hopeless matches are no longer few and far between, they're pretty damn common in my experience (I see people with similar experiences on the forum but I can't attest to their experiences).

    People play the game to have fun, nothing is fun about some guy tunneling a teammate out in the beginning which your solo team is unlikely to recover from because matchmaking sucks; so your 3 randoms have 0 clue how to handle the tunneling. Worst yet, trying to recover from this when 1 teammate is doing stuff like unhooking asap in front of killer or refusing to be a member of the team.

    Nothing is fun about realizing at 4 gens that the game is over and dying now/quitting is the most efficient option to get the most out of your time. It takes forever to find a lobby, queue up, and load into the actual game (not accounting for lobbies where someone leaves and makes this much longer). Yet, your match can be determined in 2 minutes.

    If there is this giant DC/give up pandemic, does no one have the idea to figure out why? Surely, we should advocate for harsher punishments which will drive people away from the game because no one is gonna get a 10 min DC and wait it out, they'll slowly gravitate to another game. These are the same solo q players you rely on to not have abysmal queue times….

    Address tunneling being so rewarding, address the not-strategic forms of slugging, address players humping other players til they bleed out and not simply saying 'slugging is not a bannable offense' which is such an ignorant take, let solo players have some form of comms. At least make it seem like you have some sort of idea about the state of solo q and have plans to do something about it. Otherwise, let people quit if they want to. There are too many abusable mechanics in this game that make for a miserable time as an individual

    I agree that hopeless matches are pretty damn common, and that’s a shame. I believe that is the direct result of SBMM in combination of having MM favor shorter que times over quality matches.

    “There are too many abusable mechanics in this game that make for a miserable time as an individual:” I agree, but if myself and many more can deal with it, so can ragequitters if they really wanted to. It’s their sense of entitlement that does not allow them to. If someone truly believes there are too many miserable scenarios this game creates, then they should not play it if they feel the need to ragequit when encountering those scenarios.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    I don't know what is going on today, but today I wanted to do killer challenges and have some fun chases…

    But as soon as I load up - there are 1-2 survivor players instantly leaving the match, it happening so often today, I know the reason why are they leaving, and I felt like… Let's have a "final" conversation on that part…

    I'm not going to create anymore similar threads about it personally, and this is my message to this topic:

    Dear survivor players - if you q-ed up to a match - be ready to face ANY killer from the whole cast of characters. Do not expect to face only killers that YOU like.

    Leaving from a match as soon as you heard a hatchet, or saw a xeno's stations or etc - Is just bad, spineless, low and embarrassing towards your fellow teammates.

    If you play as a survivor - first and foremost - you are a team player. Put your ego and preferences aside and think about other 3 or 2 players in your team and how your bad action is going to affect other players experience. If you don't care about other players in your team - don't play as a survivor, it's not for you.

    Have some moral principles and basic respect to other players, not only other survivors, but also the killer. I'm playing both sides, I also have killers that I hate to face, but you will never find me DC as soon as I saw them, nor you'll find me DC if the match is going wrong. I have respect to other players and I want everyone in my team have a good time and I want to be useful to my team - this is why I play survivors regularly.

    The mentality like this (DC first seconds of the match) - hurting the game. Hurting the experience, and creating a negative impression in new players about the game.

    Pay some respect to other people that you play with. If you can't, don't want to, or don't care - don't play in a team, play as a killer alone.

    Much love to all of you guys, sorry if I was a bit harsh, and have a beautiful day\evening. ❤❤❤

    bold of you to assume that dbd players have honor or will change their mentality about it… just to make an example i had players in the past that went so far for how much entitled they were that not only they chose the map offering, not only they took brand new parts with green toolboxes, not only they exploited anticamping basekit features aganist a killer that wasn't tunneling or camping, but they even forced me to dc, loosing all the bp that i earn during the match (cheat by dossing me)… so in short words, your request will fall on deaf ears since those kind of people are interested ONLY about their fun, they don't care about the others generally speaking… this is the classic deal with it if you keep play this game or play another game to resolve this issue

  • @mecca said:

    Improve the survivor experience and reduce the power imbalance between killer and survivor and you'll see survivors wanting to stick around. Too many matches are simply unwinnable for the survivors. It's so simple.

    nah, most of the times is just entitlement… if a killer is winning at this point i'll try to do many gens as i can and eventually look for the hatch (i even had some matches that were completely reversed with this mentality)… if people are spineless and won't even try to play at this point it's not a problem about killers being too strong or survivors being too weak…

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808737#Comment_3808737

    Every time I hear: - "Play for yourself" when it comes to survivor gameplay - I always see it as a crouched Claudette hiding in lockers waiting for a hatch. :D

    I mean, even if you "playing for yourself" - you still need to participate in unhooking, repairing, taking hits for teammates, flashlight saves\pallet saves (if possible), etc. Team play - is the nature of survivor gameplay.

    This is how developers want us to play as a survivor.

    If thats what you think of that's quite limiting. There's more depth to that sort of decision/playing that matters when you have a lot of time played.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808786#Comment_3808786

    I'll try to put my message in a few words: If you play as survivor and you're not being a team-player (not healing, not unhooking, not repairing gens, not taking hooks or hits, etc) — you will be considered BY YOUR TEAM as a troll and be reported rightfully so.

    There's a reason of why it's called 4v1 - A team vs 1.

    Well you are free to have your own opinion tho…

    Why are you saying I'm being a "pinata"? What is pinata even?

    A pinata (though it has that ~ above the n) is a container (nowadays often in the shape of an alpaca) filled with candy. It gets hung somewhere and then people smack it with a stick until it breaks and the candy falls out.

    On the "by your team" read: "by the other players in the match" — which is, uhm - I mean, yea, people not playing in a way that's fun for others, too, makes these others dislike them? That's how it generally works. But what is that phrase again that many killer players (no idea if you did at some point - just speaking generally) just love to throw around: "I'm not responsible for your fun?"

    Look, I'm not a fan of the abundance of DCing either - but I also don't think it's for petty stupid reasons nearly as often as people make it out to be. There's a reason people do this - and pretty often, when they do and my match gets screwed I go "well… sucks - but I can see why…" - I just wished there was more looking into the actual causes why people do it instead of "PuNisH tHem!" on the one hand and "you Qed, so suck it up" on the other. Players can't really do this, devs have to do that bit.

    Either way, it's why I think I'll not go back to palying SoloQ altogether after Chaos Shuffle (been playing a lot of swf for that one); with a 4man shits-n-giggles-swf it's at least a collective decision and everyone can move on sooner rather than later and, on the whole, a lot less time is wasted.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/428365/ok-this-mentality-need-to-stop-survivor-players-dc

    Very well said. I appreciate this post and agree with you whole heartedly.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808667#Comment_3808667

    I like this idea.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808692#Comment_3808692

    Even though I paid MY money in your restaurant, it doesn’t mean I can ruin the experience of your other customers. By what you’re suggesting I can, but that would be very inconsiderate of me. As the owner, wouldn’t you prefer I did not laugh obnoxiously every 3 mins and banging on the table- while others are trying to enjoy their meal? Just like the killer and other survivors in DBD, the other patrons of your restaurant are paying customers as well. They don’t deserve to have their experience ruined by someone being selfish.

    OP is doing a PSA to encourage players to have some consideration & sportsmanship, because the DC’ng and quitting on first hook is on an uprise.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808763#Comment_3808763

    I agree that hopeless matches are pretty damn common, and that’s a shame. I believe that is the direct result of SBMM in combination of having MM favor shorter que times over quality matches.

    “There are too many abusable mechanics in this game that make for a miserable time as an individual:” I agree, but if myself and many more can deal with it, so can ragequitters if they really wanted to. It’s their sense of entitlement that does not allow them to. If someone truly believes there are too many miserable scenarios this game creates, then they should not play it if they feel the need to ragequit when encountering those scenarios.

    we do deal with them, regularly, but at some point we get that one game that we’re just over it and want to go next. So what? No one is quitting every game otherwise their dc penalty would be extreme and they wouldn’t be able to dc since they can’t even get into a game.

    Am I going to dc cause I don’t like the killer? No

    Am I gonna dc to avoid being bled out while he secures the 4k at 5 gens? Probably, because it’s going to cost me less time to find a new match than sitting here doing nothing.

    solo q is miserable, you guys need to stop acting like it’s only bad sometimes and that leaving the game entirely is a solution. Why am I going to quit a game cold turkey when I can just go next? It’s not that serious

    Stop gaslighting with crap like ragequitting, why in the world do you want me to stay in a match that my teammate is actively throwing at the start? It’s a matchmaking issue but if my teammate is ratting early, entire team is not doing gens while I’m in chase or one of the countless other scenarios you face in solo q(due to abysmal matchmaking), why do you think I or anyone else should stay in the game knowing full well the match is o v e r?

    Why don’t you nag about the player who is actually throwing the match and ruining the experience? Nah, let’s just harp on the people who quit and didn’t try to come back from the 3v1 at 5 gens or those who looped for minutes while their team didn’t even manage to do 1 gen, yeah ok lol

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/428365/ok-this-mentality-need-to-stop-survivor-players-dc

    Very well said. I appreciate this post and agree with you whole heartedly.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808667#Comment_3808667

    I like this idea.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808692#Comment_3808692

    Even though I paid MY money in your restaurant, it doesn’t mean I can ruin the experience of your other customers. By what you’re suggesting I can, but that would be very inconsiderate of me. As the owner, wouldn’t you prefer I did not laugh obnoxiously every 3 mins and banging on the table- while others are trying to enjoy their meal? Just like the killer and other survivors in DBD, the other patrons of your restaurant are paying customers as well. They don’t deserve to have their experience ruined by someone being selfish.

    OP is doing a PSA to encourage players to have some consideration & sportsmanship, because the DC’ng and quitting on first hook is on an uprise.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808763#Comment_3808763

    I agree that hopeless matches are pretty damn common, and that’s a shame. I believe that is the direct result of SBMM in combination of having MM favor shorter que times over quality matches.

    “There are too many abusable mechanics in this game that make for a miserable time as an individual:” I agree, but if myself and many more can deal with it, so can ragequitters if they really wanted to. It’s their sense of entitlement that does not allow them to. If someone truly believes there are too many miserable scenarios this game creates, then they should not play it if they feel the need to ragequit when encountering those scenarios.

    I love the restaurant analogy except you got it wrong. Basically I came into the restaurant to have a cup of coffee and talk to a friend but you're telling me it's rude and I should order food and eat it and be quiet so you can enjoy your food. That's a much closer analogy. If you wanted a restaurant with quiet you should have chose one that caters to it. Nuff said

  • Bhvr makes soloq miserable.

    Wonders why people don't want to stay in trails.

    State they have no plans to fix this.

    I'd say a pretty good job so far.

  • @Tostapane said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808798#Comment_3808798

    nah, most of the times is just entitlement… if a killer is winning at this point i'll try to do many gens as i can and eventually look for the hatch (i even had some matches that were completely reversed with this mentality)… if people are spineless and won't even try to play at this point it's not a problem about killers being too strong or survivors being too weak…

    If you are a killer main, it's what you want to blame it on and say it's entitlement or survivors are just bad but this is not an issue for killer role and not in other PvP games either unless it's very unbalanced. Players are not sticking around if are no winning chances. It's the dev responsibility to address balance issues and ensure players have a sense of objective worth.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    I don't know what is going on today, but today I wanted to do killer challenges and have some fun chases…

    But as soon as I load up - there are 1-2 survivor players instantly leaving the match, it happening so often today, I know the reason why are they leaving, and I felt like… Let's have a "final" conversation on that part…

    I'm not going to create anymore similar threads about it personally, and this is my message to this topic:

    Dear survivor players - if you q-ed up to a match - be ready to face ANY killer from the whole cast of characters. Do not expect to face only killers that YOU like.

    Leaving from a match as soon as you heard a hatchet, or saw a xeno's stations or etc - Is just bad, spineless, low and embarrassing towards your fellow teammates.

    If you play as a survivor - first and foremost - you are a team player. Put your ego and preferences aside and think about other 3 or 2 players in your team and how your bad action is going to affect other players experience. If you don't care about other players in your team - don't play as a survivor, it's not for you.

    Have some moral principles and basic respect to other players, not only other survivors, but also the killer. I'm playing both sides, I also have killers that I hate to face, but you will never find me DC as soon as I saw them, nor you'll find me DC if the match is going wrong. I have respect to other players and I want everyone in my team have a good time and I want to be useful to my team - this is why I play survivors regularly.

    The mentality like this (DC first seconds of the match) - hurting the game. Hurting the experience, and creating a negative impression in new players about the game.

    Pay some respect to other people that you play with. If you can't, don't want to, or don't care - don't play in a team, play as a killer alone.

    Much love to all of you guys, sorry if I was a bit harsh, and have a beautiful day\evening. ❤❤❤

    bro didn't know that soloq was completely destroyed, on average dbd is played by soloq and it's so frustrating it makes people want to dc and go next. I really appreciate people who can win 5 out of 10 Soloq survivor matches.

  • @mecca said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808901#Comment_3808901

    If you are a killer main, it's what you want to blame it on and say it's entitlement or survivors are just bad but this is not an issue for killer role and not in other PvP games either unless it's very unbalanced. Players are not sticking around if are no winning chances. It's the dev responsibility to address balance issues and ensure players have a sense of objective worth.

    If you aren’t winning chases then it really is a skill issue and ragequitting isn’t going to help you get better and win more chases.
    Its entirely possible to win chases and survivors already have many second chances with endurance/DS/god pallets etc.

    You can’t expect the game to be balanced around players who can’t win chases because then it’s unbalanced for those who can.
    I don’t think people will be happy until the killer has no agency at all.

    It’s not the killer you’re screwing over by leaving, it’s the other 3 survivors who just want to play the game as it is.

  • @Halloulle said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808797#Comment_3808797

    A pinata (though it has that ~ above the n) is a container (nowadays often in the shape of an alpaca) filled with candy. It gets hung somewhere and then people smack it with a stick until it breaks and the candy falls out.

    On the "by your team" read: "by the other players in the match" — which is, uhm - I mean, yea, people not playing in a way that's fun for others, too, makes these others dislike them? That's how it generally works. But what is that phrase again that many killer players (no idea if you did at some point - just speaking generally) just love to throw around: "I'm not responsible for your fun?"

    Look, I'm not a fan of the abundance of DCing either - but I also don't think it's for petty stupid reasons nearly as often as people make it out to be. There's a reason people do this - and pretty often, when they do and my match gets screwed I go "well… sucks - but I can see why…" - I just wished there was more looking into the actual causes why people do it instead of "PuNisH tHem!" on the one hand and "you Qed, so suck it up" on the other. Players can't really do this, devs have to do that bit.

    Either way, it's why I think I'll not go back to palying SoloQ altogether after Chaos Shuffle (been playing a lot of swf for that one); with a 4man shits-n-giggles-swf it's at least a collective decision and everyone can move on sooner rather than later and, on the whole, a lot less time is wasted.

    Thank you, now I know what "pinata" is. :D We didn't have such things in my country.

  • @joybonru22 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/428365/ok-this-mentality-need-to-stop-survivor-players-dc

    bro didn't know that soloq was completely destroyed, on average dbd is played by soloq and it's so frustrating it makes people want to dc and go next. I really appreciate people who can win 5 out of 10 Soloq survivor matches.

    I remember the times when soloq felt even worse to play, but players weren't leaving from matches as often as they are "now".

    I think players are just getting more entitled of thinking they have all the rights to have unsportsmanlike behavior\conduct in PVP games.

    Not good.

  • @Paternalpark said:

    Bhvr makes soloq miserable.

    Wonders why people don't want to stay in trails.

    State they have no plans to fix this.

    I'd say a pretty good job so far.

    "Bhvr makes soloq miserable." - Didn't the developers improved the soloq experience by drastically nerfing tunneling AND camping with base-kit BT + speed boost and anti-camp mechanic, adding icons to let survivors see what everyone currently doing and other stuff?

  • @Paternalpark said:

    Bhvr makes soloq miserable.

    Wonders why people don't want to stay in trails.

    State they have no plans to fix this.

    I'd say a pretty good job so far.

    BHVR can't force people to play the game. Bad survivors is what makes solo queue miserable.

  • @Paternalpark said:

    Bhvr makes soloq miserable.

    Wonders why people don't want to stay in trails.

    State they have no plans to fix this.

    I'd say a pretty good job so far.

    They literally buff survivors constantly either through themselves, game mechanics or nerfing killers. The people who make solo q "miserable" are survivors, mostly those whining about it being "miserable", those with terrible mentalities that shouldnt be playing the game and the actively bad players who refuse to learn.

  • First fix the issues that make people DC/give up in the first place, like overly oppressive killer powers, perks, unbalanced maps, etc.

    You can't blame people for quitting when there are too many things destroying the game experience. Too many killers lack any fun power to verse, every one has some form of anti-loop, there's plenty of aura reading perks or generator regression perks that can be annoying, and the maps keep getting changed which makes it more difficult to learn the map, also when there's also 5,000 variants of one map it's pretty much a guessing game, and having to deal with the new horrible tiles that the developers recently added makes it worse.

    There is a lack of variety with the newer killers, you can tell from Vecna and Dracula alone, things need to change, if you guys want people to stop giving up, first think about why they are.

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    First fix the issues that make people DC/give up in the first place, like overly oppressive killer powers, perks, unbalanced maps, etc.

    You can't blame people for quitting when there are too many things destroying the game experience. Too many killers lack any fun power to verse, every one has some form of anti-loop, there's plenty of aura reading perks or generator regression perks that can be annoying, and the maps keep getting changed which makes it more difficult to learn the map, also when there's also 5,000 variants of one map it's pretty much a guessing game, and having to deal with the new horrible tiles that the developers recently added makes it worse.

    There is a lack of variety with the newer killers, you can tell from Vecna and Dracula alone, things need to change, if you guys want people to stop giving up, first think about why they are.

    No, sorry.

    I'm not going to justify or consent, when the survivor player insta-leaving from a match, when they saw a hag from a far.

    Or when they got downed faster than they expected.

    It's just a bad and entitled attitude towards the game - not the developers problem or game's problem.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3809164#Comment_3809164

    No, sorry.

    I'm not going to justify or consent, when the survivor player insta-leaving from a match, when they saw a hag from a far.

    Or when they got downed faster than they expected.

    It's just a bad and entitled attitude towards the game - not the developers problem or game's problem.

    I never DC from seeing a killer from afar, I do try unlike some people who go next instantly. I agree right there that is a bad attitude towards the game.

    But when the killer puts survivors into lose-lose situations, it feels cheap and rather frustrating.

    Going down from a mistake the survivor made on their part is when I get mad when they DC, but if they go down because of something that's out of their power, I understand their frustration, because there is so much anti-loop in the recently added killers, and the tiles in the recently changed maps are terrible, like look at Haddonfield.

    I hope you understand my take, I agree that DCING is out of hand recently, but I try to understand why some people do when it comes to frustrating situations!

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3809168#Comment_3809168

    I never DC from seeing a killer from afar, I do try unlike some people who go next instantly. I agree right there that is a bad attitude towards the game.

    But when the killer puts survivors into lose-lose situations, it feels cheap and rather frustrating.

    Going down from a mistake the survivor made on their part is when I get mad when they DC, but if they go down because of something that's out of their power, I understand their frustration, because there is so much anti-loop in the recently added killers, and the tiles in the recently changed maps are terrible, like look at Haddonfield.

    I hope you understand my take, I agree that DCING is out of hand recently, but I try to understand why some people do when it comes to frustrating situations!

    I understand your take. And I agree. There are situations that are out of our control unfortunately. And they are very frustrating.

    This is why I'm trying to encourage players to think about the others in the lobby - because 1 DC can cause a game, or even worse - make a chain reaction - 1 DC, second guy most likely will also DC soon and so on.

    And as a killer in such matches - forced to play against bots in a multiplayer pvp game is just sad to me. I wouldn't be bothered about the outcome of the match.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3809173#Comment_3809173

    I understand your take. And I agree. There are situations that are out of our control unfortunately. And they are very frustrating.

    This is why I'm trying to encourage players to think about the others in the lobby - because 1 DC can cause a game, or even worse - make a chain reaction - 1 DC, second guy most likely will also DC soon and so on.

    And as a killer in such matches - forced to play against bots in a multiplayer pvp game is just sad to me. I wouldn't be bothered about the outcome of the match.

    Playing against Bots feels lonely in a way, whenever I verse a bot, it feels like a single player game with AI targets in a way. I agree that the people who DC should reconsider because it can ruin a match, but at the same time I understand why they did DC, there can be many reasons why they did, but if they DCED because they got mad over their mistake, than screw them lol.

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3809052#Comment_3809052

    If you aren’t winning chases then it really is a skill issue and ragequitting isn’t going to help you get better and win more chases.
    Its entirely possible to win chases and survivors already have many second chances with endurance/DS/god pallets etc.

    You can’t expect the game to be balanced around players who can’t win chases because then it’s unbalanced for those who can.
    I don’t think people will be happy until the killer has no agency at all.

    It’s not the killer you’re screwing over by leaving, it’s the other 3 survivors who just want to play the game as it is.

    Top killers have shown that it's not possible to win chases. Pallets are literally useless against the majority of killers, especially if they know what they are doing.

    I haven't said anything about killer having no agency but if you think unbiased then you'll see survivors have no agency. I think both sides should have agency.

  • @mecca said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3809098#Comment_3809098

    Top killers have shown that it's not possible to win chases. Pallets are literally useless against the majority of killers, especially if they know what they are doing.

    I haven't said anything about killer having no agency but if you think unbiased then you'll see survivors have no agency. I think both sides should have agency.

    If you play both sides then you know they both have agency.
    If you’re talking about top killers then look at competitive players where they have to ban lots of survivor perks and only a couple of killers are played because the game is too heavily survivor favoured otherwise.

    If either side played perfectly then it would go to that side, but neither plays perfectly and that’s what creates mind games for both sides at pallets even against killers that can better play around them like Pyramid Head; you’re never going to hit all of your shots and there’s elements of prediction for both survivor and killer.

  • @JacobsLaz said:

    Your post is very antagonizing and assumptive. It doesn't mean they DC because you play a certain killer they dislike, they could also DC because of server issues, power outage, or whatever that could lead to a DC.

    We are reading 2 different posts then.

  • Unfortunately most players won't heed this. I've seen so many people message me back, "Don't tell me how to play my game." You know, using the most bare bones justification. Not saying it's not a justification, but it's heavily copout leaning. I just don't understand turning on the game, joining a lobby, starting the match, and then just not playing.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Unfortunately most players won't heed this. I've seen so many people message me back, "Don't tell me how to play my game." You know, using the most bare bones justification. Not saying it's not a justification, but it's heavily copout leaning. I just don't understand turning on the game, joining a lobby, starting the match, and then just not playing.

    People are sick of how.unbalanced the game is in favor of killer. Thats basically all there is to it. They probably feel like "why should I have to quit playing the game because Bhvr. blatantly favors one side over the other". They're just trying to get to one of the small percentage of matches that are actually fun.

  • @Coordi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808649#Comment_3808649

    Please also note the Forum Rules do not allow for the encouragement or endorsement of negative gameplay behaviors, such as DCing.

    Is slugging a negative behavior?

  • The fact some people boldly defend DC/SoH is really upsetting.

    I can't but think in a real horror scenario they're the type of character who shuts the blast doors early out of fear/panic while everyone else is still trapped on the other side.

  • Played a match earlier, had lethal persuer on, went to 1 of the auras, injured him pretty quick. Shortly after I got him down, as I went for the pick up he DC lol. The other 3 survivors gave it a hell of a go for the rest of the match so had he stayed in the game they might have won.... Or they did pretty good because the bot was a better player than the guy that DC. Either way, the amount of survivors that DC unbelievably early is crazy.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3809023#Comment_3809023

    "Bhvr makes soloq miserable." - Didn't the developers improved the soloq experience by drastically nerfing tunneling AND camping with base-kit BT + speed boost and anti-camp mechanic, adding icons to let survivors see what everyone currently doing and other stuff?

    this isn't the flex you think it is. The basekit bt (around when I joined) seems like it should have been implemented from the get go. I cannot imagine playing this game when you could just down and rehook the person off hook because I know how awful killers choose to be now even when deterrents exist. In the dev's defense, you can't possibly guess what the game would evolve to, what metas would cycle in/out, what play styles would become popular, etc. In hindsight, that change came very late but was necessary. Basekit BT was a gigantic step in the right direction for the health of the game and to view it as simply a 'survivor buff' is so simple minded. Not to mention the SWF side has had comms forever and adding icons is merely bridging the gap than a straight up 'buff'. It's literally a multiplayer, team-based game yet one side still doesn't have complete communications beyond a hud. If comms ever come to solo q, it will be less of a buff and more of a 'what the hell has taken so long?'.

    anti camp is anti face camp, you can still camp and people still proxy camp pretty often in my exp because it's still effective at lower /average player levels; it's extremely effective in solo q against 4 random individuals with no communication. The icons were a nice addition but it doesn't solve the poor matchmaking issue where most of the time your random teammates have 0 clue what to do with this information or they make a very noob-like decision based on the info. I still have games where you the HUD to shows 1 survivor on gen, 1 on chase, 1 on hook and the guy with no HUD activity still never goes for the save.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    The fact some people boldly defend DC/SoH is really upsetting.

    I can't but think in a real horror scenario they're the type of character who shuts the blast doors early out of fear/panic while everyone else is still trapped on the other side.

    IMG_8510.gif
  • @mecca said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808901#Comment_3808901

    If you are a killer main, it's what you want to blame it on and say it's entitlement or survivors are just bad but this is not an issue for killer role and not in other PvP games either unless it's very unbalanced. Players are not sticking around if are no winning chances. It's the dev responsibility to address balance issues and ensure players have a sense of objective worth.

    Those are facts, you like It or not this is the truth... You know that devs will never fix mmr since they aren't able to do a system that work on that matter. As i said, i got matches that despite seems disperate were completely reversed, both as survivor and as killer... For instance then a killer that isn't able to do hooks in a match should DC for your logic... DC Is never justified unless someone Is cheating period (it's can be considered a chance to learn from better players when you are aganist people stronger than you)

  • Survivors should never DC unless they have an emergency IRL.

    However many seem to feel entitled to ruin everybody's time. It's a bit like playing a game like Monopoly and throwing the board away when they don't get what they want … and they don't even understand why it's wrong.

    I've seen some suggestions (@Huge_Bush, @DarKStaR350z) to lump them together so they ruin each-other's game and that'd be great.

    Right now, however, what they get is a very low MMR.

    I've noticed that when I get a DCer, it's often a high-prestige guy in a group of beginners. (Don't ask me why I get beginners as killer, it just happens.)

    What I suppose is that they get grouped with beginners as their repeat-DC puts them in MMR hell.

    This makes me wonder how many solo-q complaints are from these guys. Solo-Q isn't great but I never found it as bad as some are saying.

  • If they can figure it out, a low-priority queue for serial quitters should be implemented and swap it out with the DC penalty. Could it bork queue times? Maybe, but it'd be worth it if it leads to better quality matches overall. People who just disconnect because something hasn't gone their way, or they don't like the map/killer honestly really do deserve to play with others who think just like them. Hook suicides is another issue entirely though and admittedly I don't know how to address that in a meaningful way.

  • I rarely DC myself. I will only DC if I have a legit emergency or I get into a farming match. If others want to farm I guess more power to them, but I get zero enjoyment out of a match where everyone stands around the killer taking turns being hit, downed, and hooked twice just so they can get a bunch of points healing.

    I am a survivor main. Before the addition of bots I used to hate when other survivors DC'd because one less player made escape nearly impossible. In my personal experience though playing with bots is more likely to result in a team game than playing with the random survivors you get paired with in solo queue. The majority of people you get paired with as a survivor have zero intention of playing this game as a team. As a matter of fact I don't even consider this a team game. There are far more survivors that will very intentionally sandbag others every chance the get than those that will actually play as a team. They only time most survivors will 'help' is if it benefits them. Bots don't intentionally sandbag myself or other players and they don't miss skill checks as often as the random players you get paired with in solo Q. I know this isn't always the case but I would also assume most survivors that DC the moment something doesn't go their way are likely the same survivors that do intentionally sandbag other survivors and can't be trusted to play smart,

    So while I realize DCing is against the rules and shouldn't be done I figure I am better off with a bot than the type of person that DC's because things aren't going their way. That type of player wasn't likely to be of any real value anyway.

  • What killer are you playing out of interest? I tried to see in the comments but could not tell… certain killers are going to result in a high chance of DCs. Not encouraging it or saying it is right but it is what it is….

  • I had a situation in this match vs chucky. We are at 3 gens with 2 hooks. Two of my teammates are injured so I go for the save. I unhook and signal to the sable to move away from the hook. As I’m healing chucky comes right back for sable so I take a hit hit for her and then chucky commits to me and I get to a loop where the pallet was dropped already by someone else. Cool 0 chase there. I get hooked and now all my teammates are injured with chucky proxy camping me. They weren’t on gens and chucky was chasing them away from the hook so I took my attempts and went next. 0 chase time and then proxy camped in solo que with everyone injured. Yeah big waste of time and all of that because I tried to be a good teammate and not let the sable get tunneled.

    That match was just a waste of time and luckily next game I played vs a vecna and I got a chance to loop

  • It is not punishable nor is it against the game rules.

  • Lately survivors have been DCing if they are first to be chased/hooked. If the air smells funny, maybe the map offering they put in got canceled, or worst of them all..the killer was someone else but trapper.

    I play everyday soloQ and the DCs are getting out of control, and no they arent oh my internet died dcs its literally after first chase or hook usually. Or hearing the terror radius / Seeing the killer.

    Worst is this is happening in chaos mode now all the time too. What..you got bad perks and got downed? Must dc. I feel like people can't handle disappointments anymore.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    I don't know what is going on today, but today I wanted to do killer challenges and have some fun chases…

    But as soon as I load up - there are 1-2 survivor players instantly leaving the match, it happening so often today, I know the reason why are they leaving, and I felt like… Let's have a "final" conversation on that part…

    I'm not going to create anymore similar threads about it personally, and this is my message to this topic:

    Dear survivor players - if you q-ed up to a match - be ready to face ANY killer from the whole cast of characters. Do not expect to face only killers that YOU like.

    Leaving from a match as soon as you heard a hatchet, or saw a xeno's stations or etc - Is just bad, spineless, low and embarrassing towards your fellow teammates.

    If you play as a survivor - first and foremost - you are a team player. Put your ego and preferences aside and think about other 3 or 2 players in your team and how your bad action is going to affect other players experience. If you don't care about other players in your team - don't play as a survivor, it's not for you.

    Have some moral principles and basic respect to other players, not only other survivors, but also the killer. I'm playing both sides, I also have killers that I hate to face, but you will never find me DC as soon as I saw them, nor you'll find me DC if the match is going wrong. I have respect to other players and I want everyone in my team have a good time and I want to be useful to my team - this is why I play survivors regularly.

    The mentality like this (DC first seconds of the match) - hurting the game. Hurting the experience, and creating a negative impression in new players about the game.

    Pay some respect to other people that you play with. If you can't, don't want to, or don't care - don't play in a team, play as a killer alone.

    Much love to all of you guys, sorry if I was a bit harsh, and have a beautiful day\evening. ❤❤❤

    i love your mentality

    i gotta agree with everything you just said

    as someone who also plays both sides (tho i do main killer)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3809267#Comment_3809267

    No, survivors are expected to sit in a game holding a button, watching a bar slowly fill up for four minutes unless they dedicate 25% of their perk loadout to this specific situation.

    You can always get picked up by a teammate; the only time this could be griefing is if they down everyone and make no attempt to pick anyone up.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    What killer are you playing out of interest? I tried to see in the comments but could not tell… certain killers are going to result in a high chance of DCs. Not encouraging it or saying it is right but it is what it is….

    I don't believe there is a rule about this. I mostly play Nurse and Huntress myself (with a bit of everything else) and I don't see a significant difference of DCs.

    Since 2019, I got maybe 3 or 4 DCs because I was on Nurse (DC after I did a blink). Most other DCs could be attributed to a survivor blunder (getting down in a few seconds) or unhappy about the match (many many various reasons I will not enumerate).

    As for other killers, I also get DCs because the survivors don't like them (as in: as soon as the survivor sees me, he DCs). That includes Trapper btw.

    My impression is, of course, based on purely circumstantial evidence.

  • They should’ve healed before trying for the save and if any one of the survivors had been using Kindred then they would’ve been able to do that easily, though if they were all trying for the save they should’ve been able to see each other.
    Also the reason Windows of Opportunity is so popular is because it shows which pallets have been already used by your team which is especially useful in solo queue.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3808710#Comment_3808710

    My friend, yes you paid money, but you also sighed the agreement of TOS.

    Leaving from matches is just not appreciated in ANY game where YOU being a part of a team.

    You see… This exact mentality of players who thinks they can leave whenever they want - is something I'm trying to encourage NOT doing. Besides I'm not ordering people how they should PLAY the game. I'm telling them KEEP PLAYING PLEASE! Don't leave your team because of your personal preferences!

    Read my post message again - I'm not ordering people of how they should play!

    This is what I have seen and been told from various players.

    They paid for the game so they can play how they want to.

    Ok that's cool but if you're on here slugging away at 5 gens or face camping just to get the Mori, you are part of the problem.

    Slugging is part of the Meta.

    No it's not.

    You had lightborn

    Deal with it or don't play online games with the adults.

    Someone downed on first and said I was tunneling.

    Don't heal under the hook right after you were hung.

    Killers DC if they didn't get a kill or 4K at endgame.

    You are not supposed to win every game (this also goes with those salty survivors)

    Why did you down me when I was off the hook?

    Why did you try and take the protection hit if you didn't have endurance?

    There is also the DC hack that if a game isn't going well they disconnect.

    The most I have seen is DC with a map offering. Also there could be game frustration as well, there is slugging, tunneling, and yes face camping is making a return to get the Mori's. The problem with these tactics is that they are shown on streams and now that they offer drops from Twitch these tactics have gotten worse. Also I feel the sabos are frustrating as well. I have seen equal DC's between killers and survivors lately and if you give up that easily you don't belong playing online games.

    DC's won't stop because people are feeling entitled to win. Certain dodgy player tactics are creating a boring gameplay. Their team maybe not doing anything. I can't tell you how many times I have led a chase for well over 3 minutes and not one gen is done or even touched, when I get hooked they are all hiding. There are lots of factors but I feel they do need to punish habitual DC players and idle ones as well. DC'S should NOT happen only in certain situations, but I am no way promoting it. I mean emergencies do happen.

  • I have also seen Killers DC for a lot of reasons too. So it's not just survivors. Survivors there are more of but Killers have this mentality too.

  • @Unequalmitten86 said:

    I have also seen Killers DC for a lot of reasons too. So it's not just survivors. Survivors there are more of but Killers have this mentality too.

    Absolutely; while it does seem less common particularly as survivors can hook Kobe to dodge any penalty, I’ve definitely lost challenges I would’ve got because the killer decided they weren’t doing well enough or couldn’t catch one survivor and DC’d - and it’s equally as annoying or frustrating.

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    They should’ve healed before trying for the save and if any one of the survivors had been using Kindred then they would’ve been able to do that easily, though if they were all trying for the save they should’ve been able to see each other.
    Also the reason Windows of Opportunity is so popular is because it shows which pallets have been already used by your team which is especially useful in solo queue.

    I’m assuming this was a response to me. Yeah those perks would have helped but I don’t want to rely on windows of opportunity and I’m just someone that has never used kindred in the 3 years I have been playing. Good perk just not my style. My build was dramaturgy finesse vigil and hope. So yeah me taking a protection hit turned two of my perks off. I didn’t even see what perks the others had I just know Gabriel had a flashlight

  • @Unequalmitten86 said:

    I have also seen Killers DC for a lot of reasons too. So it's not just survivors. Survivors there are more of but Killers have this mentality too.

    @DarKStaR350z said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3809876#Comment_3809876

    Absolutely; while it does seem less common particularly as survivors can hook Kobe to dodge any penalty, I’ve definitely lost challenges I would’ve got because the killer decided they weren’t doing well enough or couldn’t catch one survivor and DC’d - and it’s equally as annoying or frustrating.

    Although it's not all-right, at least when the killer DC, it's a win for the other team and the match is over.

    I find that somewhat more tolerable as we don't have to play with a bot and are compensated.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    What killer are you playing out of interest? I tried to see in the comments but could not tell… certain killers are going to result in a high chance of DCs. Not encouraging it or saying it is right but it is what it is….

    Hi-hi. I don't really think it matters…

    While I was doing challenges and constant DCs were happening - I was playing Xeno.

    Does Xeno really THAT bad to play against so survivor players feel like DC? To me, Xeno have some of the most fair and strong counterplays… Dodge\"duck" the tail attack and put flamethrowers down…

1 2 3